Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


851 to 900 of 1,979 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

He follows the group and sits at the side for the dancing display. He looks longingly from one beauty to the next. After the other two pledge themselves he stands up and comes to kneel down before the Mistress before fully supplicating himself before her. Speaking into the carpeted floor his words are muffled. In a humble voice he quietly pleads, ”Take me as your Chosen, mold me into the man I should be. Let me follow my paladin’s path and follow his example. For my eternal soul to rest well rather than stuck in limbo. I pledge myself to your ways and follow you.”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
Jellena smiles and with a knowing look she asks, ”How exactly would you like to thank them Joe? I could arrange a personal meeting so you could thank one of them. Which one do you want to thank?”

"Only one?" Joe grins; like a boy asking for the whole cookie jar and knowing he will likely get nothing. "I assume they were actual members of the faith and not divinely-generated figments? Hopefully we'll see them around, is all."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

”Well Joe you could thank them all at once but would need to pay for their time. Though knowing you and the others you will need to get to know them before being able to thank them properly. They are oracles of the Mistress who reside in the temple. If you wish to visit them, their room is on the fifth floor.” She relays back to Joe casually.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
”Well Joe you could thank them all at once but would need to pay for their time. Though knowing you and the others you will need to get to know them before being able to thank them properly. They are oracles of the Mistress who reside in the temple. If you wish to visit them, their room is on the fifth floor.” She relays back to Joe casually.

Joe nods with appreciation at Jellena as the group make their way into the armory.

Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

Not needing any armor he follows Jellena and Frank into the other room and asks, ”Jellena what should we get?”

After being yanked around the room he collects himself some but then just gawks at the jugs on Castria, double D’s at least and only being covered by the vest made his mind reel and a stiff salute in his pants. He stammered a bit trying to answer her, ”I... uh.... have mage armor, shield would be helpful.” He does his best at moving his robe to cover and focus on the scrolls before him.


Before she can say anything the store clerk moves over quickly, she is olive skinned with leather pants and a leather vest. She nudges into Delman and says excitedly, ”That would be my department. Castria, here to help Chosen be prepared for your next mission. First I would ask what you have for defense? As you are a mage of some sort mage armor is your best bet if you don’t have it yet or shield.” She pulls Delman her thick black braids hitting him until they both stand before a shelf full of scrolls, her hazel eyes sparkling as she produces options.

She grabs two scrolls and hands them to Delman, looking down she gets a devilish grin on her face, she gets close to him and whispers in his ear. Leaving the scrolls in his hand she comes over to Frank, ”Darlin what are you needing?”

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Hello miss Castria, names Frank. It seems I'm a crusader against undead now for our mistress. My rapier here while very nice has no magical ability and well those pesky ghost and incorporeal things are hard to deal with. Do you have any weapons?"


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Letting Frank and Delman go first, Artemis would follow suit, kneeling before Jellena and offering his service. "Mistress, I pledge my service and life to you, to use my expertise and finesse with firearms to further your crusade against the undead and those who create them.

Artemis would just slightly blush and shift on his feet in response to Joe's comments.

As he follows the party into the armorer's, Artemis would begin to wander the armory, seeing just what they had to offer in terms of light armor, before looking to see if they had anything related to his firearm.


She smirks at Frank and asks, ”Just Castria. Do you have a line of credit with us? I haven’t seen you around and a weapon designed to go against the incorporeal would be priced at least 8,000. Now if you were thinking of just a magical weapon, that can be arranged.”

There is plenty of all suits of armor, light, medium, and heavy.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

As the others follow the hot inventory steward, My God, are all the ladies in The Mistress's service former supermodels, jeez!; Joe wanders the armory looking at all the different armor styles. The holy warrior's attention eventually stays on a beautiful set of half-plate armor.
"Wow." Joe states. "That is a great looking piece of armor. By the way", the paladin questions, "I have a golden magical intelligent weapon that needs a good weapon polish. Do you have an recommendations?"

Silver Crusade

'What?! Hot ladies! Oh I see, wow! The sword awakens and thinks to Joe, then speaks up, "Joe you should go and... you know." Then it chuckles.


The greying armorer continues to pull on his red mustache in thoughtful thanks as he eyes the younger paladin. He opens his mouth to say something then waits for Joe to finish his statement, "Thank you, the lion motif is not my handiwork. I make the model and then get it finished by those skilled in etching and decorating. Are you looking for an upgrade, we could easily but it on your account. Here take this, I use it to polish only my best magical items." He hands Joe a very small lead vial, opening the black rubber stopper you find a silver colored oil of some sort. "If your sword enjoys that I can have more vials made for you. Only 5 silver a vial."

Artemis you still have the magical rapier, you have not given it to anyone yet.

Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

Delman steps over to the door and puts the two scrolls into his belt pouch. He continues to gawk at the doorway over Castria.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
GM Wolf wrote:
"Thank you, the lion motif is not my handiwork. I make the model and then get it finished by those skilled in etching and decorating. Are you looking for an upgrade, we could easily but it on your account. Here take this, I use it to polish only my best magical items." He hands Joe a very small lead vial, opening the black rubber stopper you find a silver colored oil of some sort. "If your sword enjoys that I can have more vials made for you. Only 5 silver a vial."

"Thank you", Joe speaks appreciatively, taking the small lead vial. "I imagine a little goes along way? We'll try it before shut-eye. And yes, I would like to upgrade to the half-plate, please?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

The Mistress would accept Artemis as well in her otherworldly voice, "Artemis Eule I accept you as my Chosen. May your aim be blessed and further my will." Touching him as well, making a white circle appear over his heart and a black scythe within it.

-----------
She asks Castria with her normal silver tongued way, taking a 10 on diplomacy:18, "What divine scrolls would you suggest Castria dear?" She places her hand on the others back of her hand after asking.


"Sparing is the idea." He responds then the armorer takes down the half plate and fits Joe with padding and all the additional parts to the half plate. Securing it to make sure it fits and adding different pieces as needed. After about a half hour Joe is secure in his new armor, then he says, "Okay l think that should do it. The price of the armor will be put on your account, most that live here or have accounts with the temple work this way."

Artemis what armor were you looking for?

Castria looks a bit startled by Jellena then she smiles at her, "Divine scrolls, knowing that you have such defense already, perhaps funeral weapon, which allows bypassing 5 DR for undead, or shield of faith. But if you have something else in mind do ask."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Jellena nods at the suggestion, "I would like two of each, and a scroll of celestial healing; all at first level please."

With most of the items collected for the group to be more defensive in the coming battles she leads the group back to her room. There she points out a few things, "We will need to continue to make coin to pay back for the new items. As long as missions are accomplished and we keep paying on our accounts no extra fees will be put on our accounts. It shouldn't be a problem just letting you know. Should we do the orison ritual next?" She sniffs the air and asks, "Joe perhaps we should go trade in those ears first."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Assuming you follow Jellena back to her room and then you plan to head out, as whoever gets to the door first begins to open the door there is a light knock at the door. Opening it you see the elf that you had rescued from the red portal and the goblins. She has a partial smile on her face and appears a bit coy. She looks up and asks shyly, "Were you planning on taking with you this time?"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe the Paladin checks his new armor out in a nearby mirror. "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!"

Jellena Darkling wrote:
With most of the items collected for the group to be more defensive in the coming battles she leads the group back to her room. There she points out a few things, "We will need to continue to make coin to pay back for the new items. As long as missions are accomplished and we keep paying on our accounts no extra fees will be put on our accounts. It shouldn't be a problem just letting you know. Should we do the orison ritual next?" She sniffs the air and asks, "Joe perhaps we should go trade in those ears first."

"If you think so. We might as well get what we have time for day here in the Temple done."

Ryada wrote:
Assuming you follow Jellena back to her room and then you plan to head out, as whoever gets to the door first begins to open the door there is a light knock at the door. Opening it you see the elf that you had rescued from the red portal and the goblins. She has a partial smile on her face and appears a bit coy. She looks up and asks shyly, "Were you planning on taking with you this time?"

Joe is amazed to see the elf bard ready to go, despite the clean bill of health the clerics gave her. The paladin steps forward.

"It is good to see you looking well, M'lady, but I would understand completely if you wished to stay in the Temple to rest. My name is Joseph Waskalis, newly-knighted paladin of The Mistress. What is your name?"


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

A bit hesitantly she relays answers becoming more confident as she talks, "Oh... I am Ryada. Joseph. Wa... Was... Was-ka... Was-ka-lis, Waskalis. It seems a strange name Joseph but I think I have it now. I am glad to be well. Thank you all for your part in rescuing me. Well to be honest I am a bit restless ready to do rather than just sit or lie around."

"I am ready," she simply says in response to Jellena's words.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

A bit concerned Jellena comments agreeing with Joe, "Only if you feel you are up to it. We don't want to push you."

"Well with that settled we first were going to do some orison rituals. If you have already done them perhaps you can help. Otherwise perhaps you could go down to the armory and talk with Reinhardt and tell him to equip you on my, Jellena Darkling's account." She offers up knowing that the elf likely won't be able to help or do the ritual.

With Ryada helping or with her out of the room she begins the ritual. Communing with the Mistress she calls down the blessing of Beginnings. "To grant each of her Chosen the orisons to help define their ability to survive in the world. The amulets of life to guard their physcial forms from early departure." With that said the symbols on your chest's resonate and Jellena smiles. With a happy lit to her voice she says, "This will be faster than expected. Hold out your hand make a prayer to the Mistress and then hold it over your heart."

As each of you follow Jellena's suggestion you find an amulet in your hand. A gold chain with a black wooden scythe pendent attached to it.

Then Jellena offers some suggestions of orisons you could pick:

0-Level
PFS Legal Bleed: Cause a stabilized creature to resume dying.
PFS Legal Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
Detect Fiendish Presence: As detect evil, except this specifically detects outsiders with the evil subtype and their servants.
PFS Legal Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
PFS Legal Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or object.
PFS Legal 3.5 MaterialEnhanced Diplomacy: Grant a +2 to diplomacy or intimidate to a single subject.
PFS Legal Grasp: Retry a Climb check as an immediate action
PFS Legal Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
PFS Legal Light: Object shines like a torch.
PFS Legal Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
PFS Legal Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water.
PFS Legal Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
PFS Legal Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
PFS Legal Scrivener's Chant: Imbue a quill to rapidly transcribe words from one page to another.
PFS Legal 3.5 MaterialSign of the Mistress: Transmit a hidden message that you are a worshipper of the Mistress to the target.
Sotto Voce: Use your dry, rasping whisper to fill a creature with dread.
PFS Legal Spark: Ignites flammable objects.
PFS Legal Stabilize: Cause a dying creature to stabilize.
PFS Legal Vigor: Give someone a +1 bonus on their next melee damage roll.
PFS Legal Virtue: Subject gains 1 temporary hp.

She has access to all of them but each of you should think about which you want over anything else. The ritual only takes an hour and Ryada can actually help. She and Jellena help with mentally visualizing the spell, actualizing it and calling up the spell with a prayer to the Mistress.

With that finished she asks the group, "That was much quicker than expected. So what do you want to do now? Take the goblin ears and claim our reward for the quest, speak with the Jackals and see if we can find one of those magical spots, or speak with 'what's his name about a mission'... oh oh no Joe I can level you up. Artemis, Delman and Frank why don't you go look around town for someone to level you up with Ryada and we will catch up later."

Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

Delman smiles and follows the ritual process like the others. "Mistress grant me your amulet of life may it protect me yet again. Give me the power to detect poison, to preserve life."

Once all is done and he is able to figure out the spell in a few minutes as opposed to the rest of the crew's hour. He waits and helps as best he can. Once it is all done Delman excuses himself, "I have some plans, I will likely be back tomorrow morning. Should we meet here or at the guild house?"

If asked about his plans:
"Well you see blessings fall on the bold. Castria took a special interest concerning my interest and wanted to spend some quality time with me. Sooner I meet up with her the better." He winks and waves as he heads out.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Yeah, thanks for the reminder, for armor I was thinking of a spider-silk bodysuit or a chain coat.

After taking a brief look at the armor, and punting off making a decision until after he took care of the rapier, Artemis would silently walk towards Castria. With the rapier in hand, Artemis would hold out the rapier a bit towards her, making a concerned effort to look her in the eyes, "I would like to sell this, seeing as Frank doesn't want it and I have no use for it."

Listening to and following's Jellena's suggestions, Artemis would do the motions and make a silent prayer before placing his hand over his heart, selecting the Read Magic orison.

Following the ritual, Artemis would nod, bowing a bit towards Jellena before heading over to the Tempest Wolves to meet with Sven in order to level up. "Guilds house is my vote," Artemis would say as he headed out.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

I forgot last post, Joe offers his old leather armor to the Temple. "If nothing else, you can use it for parts", offered the paladin.

Ryada wrote:
A bit hesitantly she relays answers becoming more confident as she talks, "Oh... I am Ryada. Joseph. Wa... Was... Was-ka... Was-ka-lis, Waskalis. It seems a strange name Joseph but I think I have it now. I am glad to be well. Thank you all for your part in rescuing me. Well to be honest I am a bit restless ready to do rather than just sit or lie around."

"Well, if you are absolutely sure", Joe concedes hesitantly, "I've always believed an adventuring party can only benefit from the inclusion of a bard. If it is the will of the group, I would like to be the first to welcome you into our ranks, Ryada", the paladin said with a courtly bow.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Jellena Darkling wrote:
With Ryada helping or with her out of the room she begins the ritual. Communing with the Mistress she calls down the blessing of Beginnings. "To grant each of her Chosen the orisons to help define their ability to survive in the world. The amulets of life to guard their physical forms from early departure." With that said the symbols on your chest's resonate and Jellena smiles. With a happy lit to her voice she says, "This will be faster than expected. Hold out your hand make a prayer to the Mistress and then hold it over your heart."

With his eyes closed, Joe speaks from his heart. "When I arrived on Arcanium, I was charged as a paladin and an Outsider to be a light in a world plagued by darkness. May my light reveal the machinations of evil and be a haven to those living in darkness. So swear I, Joseph Waskalis, Wielder of Excalbur, Holy Warrior of The Mistress, and Paladin of Death!"

Jellena Darkling wrote:
With that finished she asks the group, "That was much quicker than expected. So what do you want to do now? Take the goblin ears and claim our reward for the quest, speak with the Jackals and see if we can find one of those magical spots, or speak with 'what's his name about a mission'... oh oh no Joe I can level you up. Artemis, Delman and Frank why don't you go look around town for someone to level you up with Ryada and we will catch up later."

"All of those, in that order, assuming there's time before sundown, then we can do it tomorrow", Joe suggests.

What time of day is it, Wolf?
"Jellena?" Asks the paladin. "Can you also help me learn to call my familiar as well?"
Delman Fredrel Vortani III wrote:
Once all is done and he is able to figure out the spell in a few minutes as opposed to the rest of the crew's hour. He waits and helps as best he can. Once it is all done Delman excuses himself, "I have some plans, I will likely be back tomorrow morning. Should we meet here or at the guild house?"

The paladin asks about Delman's plans. Smiling broadly, Joe nods and gives the thumbs-up to the warlock. "Welcome back, Delman! Have a good night."


Castria nods at Artemis and takes a few minutes to check out the sword, then she offers, ”I can offer you 800 gold for it.”

As Artemis gets back to the Tempest Wolves guild house you find Sven downstairs in his lab. Gregarious was having a rather heated argument with another small folk, though with apparently the rest of the guild backing him up they appear to have it in hand as one of them wave you on. Sven opens the door after the second time you knock after several minutes unless you try opening the door yourself finding it unlocked.

Sven happily shares what he knows about alchemy though his lack of knowlegde about guns is apparent. You also know the next time to level up you will need to find someone with the knowledge of guns and how to use them.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Assuming the armorer has a spider-silk bodysuit, Artemis would rent that out over the chain coat.

Artemis blinks a bit at the price, in shock as he just stands there, "Done, we have ourselves a deal. Honestly I wasn't expecting that much, but I'm not complaining.

Artemis raises an eyebrow as he returns back, seeing the heated argument before nodding silently and heading towards to where Sven was, standing outside until Sven opens it.

Taking a seat and learning to what Sven had to offer, Artemis would make a mental note to find someone more... experienced in guns as he takes in what Sven has to offer.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Just a simple magical Rapier would be fine. Thank you."

During the Ritual.

"Water is life and having fresh water is important. I would like the ability to create my own."

Frank replies to learning of the orisons.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Frank Steel wrote:
"Water is life and having fresh water is important. I would like the ability to create my own."

Joe's eyes widen as the paladin gives an enthusiastic 'thumbs-up' to Frank's choice in orisons.


The armorer shakes his head, "No I don't have any of that here. You could get a chain shirt though."

Artemis may level up. We are going to say it is sometime in the afternoon. Though after leveling up... that depends on which route you chose.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She giggles at Joe's antics but once he is finished with his bow she smiles politely and says, "Thank you Joseph. It is nice to be recovered and with a group that wants me. My last group did not fair well for their lack of respect, then again I just say it was karma. They went through the red portal."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis frowns a little at that knowledge, "Well, got a chain coat instead or it is just strictly a chain shirt?


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
"Thank you Joseph. It is nice to be recovered and with a group that wants me. My last group did not fair well for their lack of respect, then again I just say it was karma. They went through the red portal."

"Wait!" Joe exclaimed. "They just..left you there?!!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

As others start to receive training Frank will look and ask around for the same. Likely not finding someone in the temple he is hoping for a lead in town of another skilled warrior that could help him advance.

Gather Info: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


"Well let me check, I can have a chain coat ready for you in a few days. I will need to affix the chains to the armor and sinc them all together." The armorer responds to Artemis I hope that is what you want.

Chain Coat:

Medium Armor
Cost 75 gp; Weight 40 lbs.
Armor Bonus +4; Max Dex Bonus +5; Armor Check Penalty -2
Arcane Spell Failure Chance 30%; Speed 20 ft./15 ft.

This relatively simple armor consists of heavy chains that wrap around your body and limbs. While it weighs more and provides less protection than other medium armors, it is also less of a hindrance. In addition, if you are wielding a spiked chain, you can affix it to one hand. This functions as a locked gauntlet, and if you are proficient with spiked chains, you can treat the spiked chain as a one-handed weapon while it is attached. You can affix a spiked chain to each hand this way, but you can’t wear locked gauntlets while wearing a chain coat, and you can’t attach any weapon to a chain coat except spiked chains.

--------hours for Frank...: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Frank asks around and does not find anyone to train him in the temple. He begins to ask around the taverns and along the road from those who look like they are adventurers. Eventually he gets three leads. The first is the bodyguard of Lord Rothberg, the second is a drunk halfling who can almost never be hit who resides on the blackened hill, the third is a monstrous half fiend ogre who guards the temple of war.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7
Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:
"Wait!" Joe exclaimed. "They just..left you there?!!"

Forlornly she looks to the floor before responding to Joe, "Yes... someone had to keep the portal open, then I lost my will to it and couldn't disconnect myself. I don't even know if they came back or are still beyond." She shakes and clutches herself apparently remembering a part of the ordeal.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8
Ryada wrote:
Forlornly she looks to the floor before responding to Joe, "Yes... someone had to keep the portal open, then I lost my will to it and couldn't disconnect myself. I don't even know if they came back or are still beyond." She shakes and clutches herself apparently remembering a part of the ordeal.

"I am sorry to hear that, that is horrible. I hope you know nothing like that will happen again if we have anything to say about it. We DON'T leave anyone behind." She says trying to comfort Ryada and puts a hand gingerly on the elf's shoulder for comfort.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Aye, that is indeed what I'm wanting.
Artemis looks up briefly, recalling what he had in mind before nodding, "That should be fine, how much would it be?"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
GM Wolf wrote:

Order of actions planned::

Take the goblin ears and claim our reward for the quest,
speak with the Jackals and see if we can find one of those magical spots,
speak with 'what's his name about a mission'...
Joe level up.

With Delman and Artemis finishing the day with leveling up. I would suggest the rest of you do the same and pick up with the goblin ears in the morning at the guild house.

Jellena Darkling wrote:
"I am sorry to hear that, that is horrible. I hope you know nothing like that will happen again if we have anything to say about it. We DON'T leave anyone behind." She says trying to comfort Ryada and puts a hand gingerly on the elf's shoulder for comfort.

"You're damn right!" Joe further exclaimed. "Heck, sometimes, if we're really lucky, we bring people back from the dead! Just ask Delman tomorrow."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
The paladin calms down and sighs. "With Frank and Artemis looking for teachers to help them level, maybe we should call it a day, and turn the goblin ears at the guild house in the morning. I'd like to look around, get myself accustomed to the temple, if I can, among other things."

Possible activities for Joe's evening:

♠ Find out if the temple has a library, and research proper method of prayer to The Mistress.
♠ Walk outside the temple grounds, find a quiet place, and pray to Heironeous; thanking him for his help with Delman, and apologizing for not becoming his paladin, yet promise to use Heironeous's code to help guide his path as a paladin.
♠ Make a journey to the fifth floor and see if the oracles are available to talk about The Mistress. Joe's intentions are pure, but if sexy-time happens, sexy-time happens.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Temple of war and a half fiend ogre. Well this I just got to see or it may kill me.

Interested at the prospect of such a powerful creature Frank heads off to hopefully make a new friend.


"That will be 75 gold. It should be done in the next three days perhaps two." The armorer relays to Artemis.

Finding yourself in front of the gate of the temple of war. The gate is made of bones, massive bones as is the wall. There is no guard. The gate swings open as you push hard on it. Once through the weighted gate closes behind you. You find yourself in a wide courtyard with tents erected along the bone walls. Most of the tents have someone inside or outside tending to weapons or armor. These individuals are an assorted color, some almost appear as bandits, some barbarian, some ordered soldiers, and everything in between. There is 18 tents.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would nod, digging through the 800 gold, setting aside 134 gold from the stack before handing him 75 gold from the smaller stack. "This should cover it, also do you also sell stuff to protect armor from rust and corrosion? Artemis asks, his money still out.


"A good oiling would likely be the best avenue for starting adventurers. Though magical armor is the best route overall, another 1,200 to make a +1. Then there is the more costly route of 5 silver per vial and it would protect the armor from all but straight energy damage. Each vial will last a week." The armorer explains.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She is obviously comforted by Jellena and Joe, she quietly responds with, "thank you."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis thinks for a few, "On second thought, is it possible to make it a... masterwork chain coat by any chance? And I'll take 15 of those vials please." Artemis says, counting out the coinage for the vials and the masterwork upgrade.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank looks around a bit and decides to be bold in his approach.

"I am looking for the Fiendish Ogre who guards this temple. I wish to learn from them. My name is Frank Steel."

He looks around a bit in a challenging manner assuming he will get some push back.


The rat of a man closest to you scurries forward, in quick bursts he weakly requests, ”PleaseSirDon’t! DoNotSummon theGuardian. ForHeWill SendUsPacking.”

The twin black metal doors which are 30 feet tall and 15 feet wide each shake for but a moment. You can see many of the other squatters pull their weapons and stand up getting ready for a fight. Some of the more lazy ones begin to stir. The soldiers form up as a unit, being the most prepared with a turtle of shields forming, more solid as each soldier arrives.

Apparently my other post did not make it. :(

The armorer responds to Artemis, ”Yes indeed though it likely will take an additional day, 150 gold for Master Craft, 7 gold and 5 silver for the vials... I need to get more vials.” The last bit moreso to himself.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She takes Joe to her room with Ryada in tow. She asks the elf pleasantly as normal, ”Do you have any priestly training? Perhaps you can help with the ritual, or at least go ask for equipment.”

After sending Ryada for incense she asks Joe, ”Which ritual would you like to fulfill?”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
After sending Ryada for incense she asks Joe, ”Which ritual would you like to fulfill?”

Joe gives a sideways shrug and comments, "I'd like to level, but I also wish to summon my familiar, or at least learn how."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis blinks, "150 more for mastercraft, huh? I was expecting it to be more," Artemis absently states as he slide over 158 more gold to the armorer to pay for all of the items.


”It is 300 gold for a Master Craft weapon. Weapon enhancements have always costed more than armor whereas heavier armor costs more as a base item.” he relays.

851 to 900 of 1,979 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.