Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1 to 50 of 1,390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You enter the new world of Arcanium through a portal after your interactions with a lesser god and find yourself in a very small village. To the right you see a sign that is out of place and colorful saying, ‘Welcome to the village of New Beginnings!’ No one is there to greet you. The village has several huts, three single room houses that are more proper to your level of living, and two other larger buildings. One of the larger buildings is a dome like building made out of white stone. The other building you soon would find out is the tavern called The Pig’s Roast.


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

If we are starting this, let’s get the crunch finished:

Going with the suggested Fast Healing 3. Would like to ask for the further boon of always being able to grow claws, in exchange for fast healing being negated by silver. Feels very werewolf. At the moment will just put in fast healing 3.

Taking the trait Silent Hunter for Stealth.

Also, as it seems like a requirement:

3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 12
3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) = 13
3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3) = 14
3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) = 14
3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) = 12
3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4) = 12
3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) = 18
3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) = 9

Str (18) Dex (13) Con (16) Int (12) Wis (12) Cha (12) Luck (14)

Sven got up off the ground and shouted ”-stop! I’m not-!” before pausing, a look of bewilderment on his face. The last thing he remembered was the mage casting a spell. He had been out hunting, in the form of a wolf, when they had come upon him with spell and arrow. They had run him down, and in his last moments, he knew that he could not prevail. He had thought himself dead, when he felt his skin char with flame. But...where was he? What happened?

Had he been teleported? Had his last, desperate prayers been answered? He had never heard about a village called “New Beginnings”, but then again, he was not a well traveled man. With nothing else to do, he began walking into the village.

He was, by all accounts, a large man. Heavily bearded and muscled, he walked with the careful gait of someone used to having to fight or run at a moment’s notice. He hoped that he would have to do neither here.


Sven’s crunch:
Sounds good, I like the flavored claws and silver drawback. Did you see my post in the discussion thread. Check it again there is a present in there for you.

Most of the villagers continue about with their chores ignoring Sven unless approached. You can see an old human with frazzled white hair begging with hand out in front of the white stone building, another bundled up begger is in front of the tavern.
Where do you go, the tavern, out of town?


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

I missed that. Thank you. :)

Sven looked at the villagers with suspicion. He could not help but notice how different this land was. He was used to ice and snow. Of tracking elk and hares. Of selling his meager wares for mead, the one thing he truly wanted but could not produce for himself. The people he were used to were hard faced men and women who were used to hardship. Begging was rarely an option.

He made his way straight to the tavern. He didn’t know where he was, or what he was doing here. All he could remember was a beautiful woman...someone like he had never seen before. She had said that he was dead, and that he had a choice. To go to heaven or to live. Of course he had chosen to live! While it was true that he had died in battle, it was not glorious. What was the chance that he would go to the great meadhall? And even if he did, how could he tell his great warrior ancestors that he had been hunted down like a dog? No. Better to live again, and to earn a true tale or two. Something worthy of a saga. Something greater than being the slayer of elk. Something like destroying these ‘dark souls’ the goddess had spoken about. Perhaps, he thought, that this was a test? That those who asked for a reward unearned would be punished? Regardless...He wanted to live!

And, as such, he wanted a drink. For what better way to prove that he was alive? It was with these thoughts that he entered the tavern...


Within the tavern called The Pig’s Roast was a quaint almost classic tavern. After entering to the left was the bar which ran the length of the building. The wall behind the bar holds an assortment of weapons, a flail, a halberd, several different looking daggers, and an assortment of varying sizes swords.

On the right side of the tavern was a great fire place with a roasting pig on a spit within, slowly being turned by a ash smudged child of no more than six winters. A giant boar’s head with tusks at least a foot long is mounted to a plaque over the fireplace.

There is only one patron sitting at the bar finishing his meal, he has a shield on his back and a long sword sheathed on his belt. A large scar falls from his temple to his chin, his neck length black hair barely covering it. The bartender is partly bald with brown curls clinging to the side of his head, he is well overweight with a rotund stomach before him. He looks up as Sven enters the tavern and heartily says, ”Welcome to The Pig’s Roast, what will you have?” With mead on Sven’s mind he likely asks for it and the bartender says, ”That will be a silver, one moment please.” With a bit of clinging glasses and looking below the bar the rotund man stands up and places a pint of mead before you in a glass mug.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Sven may have saw a man resting in the shadows of one of the huts. stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
After noticing Sven walk by he quickly got up and began to follow the burly man that seemed out of place. This fellow slips into the tavern soon after Sven and has a seat at the closest table.


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Sven wasn’t quite sure, but he thought that he was being followed. It was just a feeling at first, but the hooded man had caught his eye. He thought he had seen a purple glow from beneath the hood. Was this one of the dark souls he had to destroy? Or was it one of the village’s defenders?

He sat down with his mead, making sure to keep an eye on the man. Then, deciding that a warrior must be bolt, he got up. Large, muscular, tattooed, he stood out like a sore thumb. Carrying his mead he went straight to the stranger’s table and sat down without permission.

”I am Sven. Who are you, what town is this?”

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

With a wry smile on his face he responds evenly, ”I am Delman Fredrel Vortani the Third and this ill begotten village is the Town of Beginnings. You are likely like myself not from this world. Now a supposed hero of this world. I was waiting for someone like you to support and get me out of this one tavern village. It seems that most folk here are quest givers to adjust you in one way or another but I like who I am and am lazy.”


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Sven raised his mug to his lips. This one is crazy. Quest giver? Not of this world? Having bought himself a few seconds to process the information, he said ”Del. What do you mean take you out of this town? Do you know where the...eh...black...souls? Where they are?”

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Delman looks at the others in the tavern before whispering his response, ”Well you can say I am a greedy one for life... there has been a pack of marauding ogres circling this town for about a week and each time I try to leave they spot me and I run back here. They seem to be warded off somehow and dont enter the town. The only thing I know about the Black Souls is that the ‘heroes’ are suppose to slay them and when you say their names to anyone in town they turn a shade whiter and make a religious sign before shushing you for saying it. They mist be some great evils of some sort. Your guess is as good as mine as to where they are located.”


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

”Huh.” Ogres? He’d never seen one before. They were supposedly dangerous. ”Sounds like you are asking me too kill them for you. Is there a reward for them? The mead here isn’t bad. But it won’t buy itself.”

He wasn’t used to life being complicated. Hunt something. Skin it. Sell it. Too easy. Now he apparently had to hunt something, only he didn’t know what it was. So he decided to force things to make sense. Hunt something. Take a trophy. Sell it. Much simpler. Better.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Delman was apparently on his last frazzled end as annoyance crossed his face but apparently he hoped that Sven was the prized champion he was seeking, ”Surprisingly there is no reward for them from what I can see. There are rewards and quest lines from nearly everyone you can talk to but nothing about ogres. Tell you what get me safely to the next town, I will support you with my ranged attacks even, and I will buy you a better mead each night for a week. Or better yet what do you think about an everlasting mead horn?”


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Sven looked at the outburst with shock. After processing it, he leaned in. ”You offer me a horn of everflowing mead, to kill ogres, ya? We have a deal.” His body language and tone of voice made it clear that he fully expected to be paid. ”We go then. Now. Hunt the ogres.”

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Delman offers his hand to seal the deal, likely going to get more than he expected. Then he follows Sven out of the tavern, heading any direction Sven takes.


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Sven shook the man’s hand, downed his mead, and strode out of the tavern. He went straight to work attempting to track the ogres.

Survival take 10: 10 + 7 = 17

If it was true that every attempt to leave had been thwarted by the ogres, then it stood to reason that it mattered little where they started. And if ogres were as large as he had heard, picking up their trail would not prove to be too difficult...


There is sparse trees in bunches here and there along the road. There are several fields of vegetables and wheat, then it opens out to plains. Sven actually finds no signs of larger than human foot traffic besides horses and other such animals. Heading North out of town you see four Ogres wandering. These lumbering giant's beady eyes are devoid of wit or kindness, and its puffy face features a wide mouth with ill-fitting teeth. Each one over 9 feet tall, wearing hide armor bearing a great club each and sporting javelins from rucksacks. You see them first and may act in surprise round.

Perception DC 20:
Delman’s blast passes through the ogre’s chest and did not hit it. Dispersing 50 feet after the ogre in the air.

Perception DC 10, when within 30 feet of the ogres or closer.:
There is no scorch marks on the ogres at all.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Delman nods to Sven and whispers, ”There is a gang of them. Once you are ready I will shoot the closest one.”

Once Sven is ready he takes out one of his strange angled daggers, a kukri, aims it at the ogre and a purple light glows over the blade before blasting off 100 feet to hit the target.

Blast attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 vs. touch
Blast damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

On the outskirts of a small village appears an tall, broad man of middle age, balding brown hair with a mustache wearing a gray polo shirt, black pants with belt and shoes. He's carrying a small black bag in one hand and a golden hilted sword within a black nondescript scabbard. Setting the black bag at his feet, the mustached man draws the golden sword from it's scabbard. It's magnificent! Beautifully inlaid with cold decorations, crafted by a master craftsman. It catches the rays of the sun magnificently.
"So. You're my holy avenger, eh?" The man said to no one.
After giving it a few practice swings, finding it amazingly well-balanced and light in his hands, the mustached man put the blade back in it's scabbard. Examining the scabbard's belt, with some experimentation, the man found the scabbard could be positioned on his back or on his hip. Arranging the belt and scabbard to stick out of his back, the man walked into the village proper.
Despite his unique attire, the townsfolk paid the strange no mind, until they saw the golden hilt sticking out from behind his back.
"Well", breathed the man, looking at The Pig's Roast sign. "Most adventures begin in the tavern."
The swordsman walked in the tavern door and found a table to sit down at by himself.

GM Wolf:
Please look at Joe's skills. I think I have too many.


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Sven hid as the battle began, his hands turning into claws and his thick hair steadily growing all over his body. The transformation was beginning. The ogres would charge, and he would leap out, ready to savage them. “Hid” though was really not the right word, given that his companion started the fight while they were in the open and clearly visible. The only way he could have hidden worse is if he were covered in bright pink paint.

Perception 30ft away: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Seeing no scorch marks, Sven snarled, already nearly a wolf. The man’s dagger had failed! It was time for something different. His snarl turned into a growl as his body twisted and contorted. Hair turned into fur, and all that he held and wore merged into his thick mane. Within the space of but a few seconds, the large northerner has been replaced with a monstrous wolf. Saliva dripped from his maw, and his paws ended in razor sharp claws. A fierce intelligence burned in his eyes as he gave in to the savagery within. No longer a man, but not quite a beast, the creature that was Sven leapt...

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 = 15

Shadowhunter (2 RP): Characters with this trait deal 50% weapon damage to incorporeal creatures when using non-magical weapons (including natural and unarmed attacks), as if using magic weapons.


Joe:
You enter the new world of Arcanium through a portal after your interactions with a lesser god and find yourself in a very small village. To the right you see a sign that is out of place and colorful saying, ‘Welcome to the village of New Beginnings!’ No one is there to greet you. The village has several huts, three single room houses that are more proper to your level of living, and two other larger buildings. One of the larger buildings is a dome like building made out of white stone. The other building you soon would find out is the tavern called The Pig’s Roast.

A deep male voice answers your statement in a matter of fact way, ”Yes I am.”
Once the sword is positioned pointing above your back you hear the voice again this time more morthful, ”Ah yes this is more like it a clear vantage every direction.”
Then heading into the tavern it pops up again, ”Yes it does onward and to glory.”

Most of the villagers continue about with their chores ignoring Joe unless approached. You can see an old human with frazzled white hair begging with hand out in front of the white stone building, another bundled up begger is in front of the tavern.

Within the tavern called The Pig’s Roast was a quaint almost classic tavern. After entering to the left was the bar which ran the length of the building. The wall behind the bar holds an assortment of weapons, a flail, a halberd, several different looking daggers, and an assortment of varying sizes swords.

On the right side of the tavern was a great fire place with a roasting pig on a spit within, slowly being turned by a ash smudged child of no more than six winters. A giant boar’s head with tusks at least a foot long is mounted to a plaque over the fireplace.

There is only one patron sitting at the bar finishing his meal, he has a shield on his back and a long sword sheathed on his belt. A large scar falls from his temple to his chin, his neck length black hair barely covering it. The bartender is partly bald with brown curls clinging to the side of his head, he is well overweight with a rotund stomach before him. He looks up as yo enter the tavern and heartily says, ”Welcome to The Pig’s Roast, what will you have?” If you ask for mead the bartender says, ”That will be a silver, one moment please.” With a bit of clinging glasses and looking below the bar the rotund man stands up and places a pint of mead before you in a glass mug.

I will check characters when I am at my laptop tonight.


Wilhelm:
You enter the new world of Arcanium through a portal after your interactions with a lesser god and find yourself in a very small village. To the right you see a sign that is out of place and colorful saying, ‘Welcome to the village of New Beginnings!’ No one is there to greet you. The village has several huts, three single room houses that are more proper to your level of living, and two other larger buildings. One of the larger buildings is a dome like building made out of white stone. The other building you soon would find out is the tavern called The Pig’s Roast.

Most of the villagers continue about with their chores ignoring Joe unless approached. You can see an old human with frazzled white hair begging with hand out in front of the white stone building, another bundled up begger is in front of the tavern.

Within the tavern called The Pig’s Roast was a quaint almost classic tavern. After entering to the left was the bar which ran the length of the building. The wall behind the bar holds an assortment of weapons, a flail, a halberd, several different looking daggers, and an assortment of varying sizes swords.

On the right side of the tavern was a great fire place with a roasting pig on a spit within, slowly being turned by a ash smudged child of no more than six winters. A giant boar’s head with tusks at least a foot long is mounted to a plaque over the fireplace.

There is only one patron sitting at the bar finishing his meal, he has a shield on his back and a long sword sheathed on his belt. A large scar falls from his temple to his chin, his neck length black hair barely covering it. The bartender is partly bald with brown curls clinging to the side of his head, he is well overweight with a rotund stomach before him. He looks up as yo enter the tavern and heartily says, ”Welcome to The Pig’s Roast, what will you have?” If you ask for mead the bartender says, ”That will be a silver, one moment please.” With a bit of clinging glasses and looking below the bar the rotund man stands up and places a pint of mead before you in a glass mug.

The beast formally known as Sven tears into the Ogres and Delman continues to blast at the ogres and it is as if the ogres are not there! You can see them but there is no smell, sound, or sounds of ogres. No threats, out of combat. What do you do now?


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Joe:
GM Wolf wrote:

A deep male voice answers your statement in a matter of fact way, ”Yes I am.”

Once the sword is positioned pointing above your back you hear the voice again this time more morthful, ”Ah yes this is more like it a clear vantage every direction.”
Then heading into the tavern it pops up again, ”Yes it does onward and to glory.”

Holding the holy sword aloft, Joe answers amazed, "Wow! You're an intelligent weapon! Am I the only one who can hear you or can others hear you as well?

After positioning The Holy Avenger on his back, the big man says, "In short form, I shall call you simply Avenger. Once I've gotten a chance to acclimate myself to my surrounds, we shall speak more candidly."
*****
Once sat down, Joe stops the bartender after he serves his drink.
"One moment, friend. Before I order anything as elaborate as an ale, I want to know if my money is good here."
Joe pulls out the change in his pocket. Several quarters, nickels, and pennies.
"I will accept your judgment on my currency. If this is inadequate, may I please at least have a cup of drinkable water?"


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Sven stopped. No blood, no smell, no taste. Making himself calm, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

”They aren’t real. You still owe me mead.”

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

"Well... at least that is a good thing... I was afraid they would eat us or worse. Yes, yes my good friend, I will get you your medicine. So onwards then to the North! There seems to be a town down the road." Delman relays first relieved, then rather happy.


The duo continue down the road to the North. You can see some canines about, howling and stalking about. After an hour of travel after the encounter with the ogres there seems to be a pack of canines in the road about a 150 feet off.

Joe:

Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:
Holding the holy sword aloft, Joe answers amazed, "Wow! You're an intelligent weapon! Am I the only one who can hear you or can others hear you as well?

In a booming loud matter of factly voice it responds back, "No we do not have telepathy, though we could work on that! All can hear me especially YOU! After all I am so close to you."

Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:
After positioning The Holy Avenger on his back, the big man says, "In short form, I shall call you simply Avenger. Once I've gotten a chance to acclimate myself to my surrounds, we shall speak more candidly."

Continuing in the loud male voice the sword responds with disappointment in his voice, "No, no, that will not do. If you must shorten my name you may call me JUSTICE, HONOR, or YOUR HOLINESS; though you should call me by my true name EXCALIBUR!!!!

Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:

Once sat down, Joe stops the bartender after he serves his drink.

"One moment, friend. Before I order anything as elaborate as an ale, I want to know if my money is good here."
Joe pulls out the change in his pocket. Several quarters, nickels, and pennies.
"I will accept your judgment on my currency. If this is inadequate, may I please at least have a cup of drinkable water?"

Once Joe sits down Excalibur shouts out, "No, I don't sense any filthy undead around!"

The bartender takes a step back looks at you surprised. Then after nothing else happens he looks at your money. He says a little confused, "That is true your money is different. I would say you have 8 silver and 4 coppers there. I would take one of these for a mead." He points to one of the quarters. "Or you can have a mug of water," which the bartender produces easily enough as well. Then he introduces himself, "I am Roland and this is my tavern. You slay any boars or pigs for that matter and bring them back to me in less than two days and I will pay you a copper per pound."


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Joe:
Joe takes his coins back save a silver and a copper.
"Both and ale will be fine. Thank you."


Charlie:
You enter the new world of Arcanium through a portal after your interactions with a lesser god and find yourself in a very small village. To the right you see a sign that is out of place and colorful saying, ‘Welcome to the village of New Beginnings!’ No one is there to greet you. The village has several huts, three single room houses that are more proper to your level of living, and two other larger buildings. One of the larger buildings is a dome like building made out of white stone. The other building you soon would find out is the tavern called The Pig’s Roast.
Most of the villagers continue about with their chores ignoring Joe unless approached. You can see an old human with frazzled white hair begging with hand out in front of the white stone building, another bundled up begger is in front of the tavern.

Within the tavern called The Pig’s Roast was a quaint almost classic tavern. After entering to the left was the bar which ran the length of the building. The wall behind the bar holds an assortment of weapons, a flail, a halberd, several different looking daggers, and an assortment of varying sizes swords.

On the right side of the tavern was a great fire place with a roasting pig on a spit within, slowly being turned by a ash smudged child of no more than six winters. A giant boar’s head with tusks at least a foot long is mounted to a plaque over the fireplace.

There is only one patron sitting at the bar finishing his meal, he has a shield on his back and a long sword sheathed on his belt. A large scar falls from his temple to his chin, his neck length black hair barely covering it. The bartender is partly bald with brown curls clinging to the side of his head, he is well overweight with a rotund stomach before him. He looks up as yo enter the tavern and heartily says, "Welcome to The Pig’s Roast, what will you have?” If you ask for mead the bartender says, "That will be a silver, one moment please.” With a bit of clinging glasses and looking below the bar the rotund man stands up and places a pint of mead before you in a glass mug.
Others might be in the tavern... I will let you know if you head that way.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 37/35 | AC: 20 /T: 12 /FF: 18 | Perc. +4 | F: +6 / R: +2 /W: +0 | CMB +9 | CMD 21 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +4|

"Hello, the name is Frank." He approaches pulling his sword from his back he leans it against the bar and takes a seat.

"I don't have any money let alone silver. Can I just have some water please. What can you tell me of this place? I'm new here but have come to aid the people. Have you heard anything about any dark souls?"


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Noice! First d20 of a new game!
Joe looks up from his ale to hear the armored greatsword-wielder take about 'dark souls'.
He picks up both his ale and water and walks up to the bar and puts the mug of water in front of the greatsword-wielder.
"Dark souls, huh". The mustached man said. He has a shaven head with a brown mustache and eyebrows, wearing what looks like a gray polo shirt; black pants, belt, and shoes. On his back you can see the golden hilt of a sword sticking out of a scabbard.
"Let me guess? You just died and had a very brief discussion with a goddess?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 37/35 | AC: 20 /T: 12 /FF: 18 | Perc. +4 | F: +6 / R: +2 /W: +0 | CMB +9 | CMD 21 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +4|

Frank looks at the man and then back to the barkeep then back to the man.

"So another that chose to live and fight. So it seems all are sent with what they had on their bodies, but that sword. A gift I assume, much like my belt. What's your name friend? It seems we have the same mission so I don't know a reason not to work together. Thank you for the water."

Frank takes up the cup and gulps it down.


Roland the bartender produces a mug of water and is about to reply when Frank asks about the dark souls, his eyes nearly pops out of his head and his expression is startled as he hushes you and says, ”Don’t even mention them here, we don’t want their attention.”


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

The gilded swordsman motions the greatsword-wielder back to his table, away from others. As both men sit down, Joe admires the newcomer's armor.
"Yes, friend, the sword was a gift from The Goddess..em..the name escapes me..nevermind. If that is what you died in, I doubt you came from Earth..unless you worked at Medieval Times Dinner Theater."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician ) 1

Will:
Stepping through the portal, Will stopped to switch off his air, the fresh air cool against his sweaty face, he noticed that whatever God or gods had brought him through, they had seen to bring his BA tally to. It wouldn't do to have that beeping the whole time. Tucking his hatchet into the straps of his BA set, and carrying his helmet in one hand, Will hefts his ceiling hook onto his shoulder and heads off to the tavern. Reaching the door, Will props the long tool against the wall before entering. "Hello, barman, much though I could do with a real drink after what I have just experienced, I have nothing yet to offer in return. Could I trouble you for some water though? In fact if you can suggest a way for me to earn some money too, I would be very grateful."
[url=www.alamy.com/stock-photo-firefighter-preparing-hosereel-to-enter-house-fire-uk-56161211.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=83AE4944-AF2A-47BD-A44A-2F1037A96062&p=70624&n=0&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26pn%3d1%26ps%3d100%26sortby%3d2%26resultview%3dsortbyPopular%26npgs%3d0%26qt%3dfirefighter%2520firephoto%26qt_raw%3dfirefighter%2520firephoto%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26ot%3d0%26creative%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26pc%3d%26blackwhite%3d%26cutout%3d%26tbar%3d1%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26a%3d%26cdid%3d%26cdsrt%3d%26name%3d%26qn%3d%26apalib%3d%26apalic%3d%26lightbox%3d%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26xstx%3d0%26simid%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d1%26nu%3d%26t%3d%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d%26cap%3d1%26cbstore%3d1%26vd%3d0%26lb%3d%26fi%3d2%26edrf%3d%26ispremium%3d1%26flip%3d0]Not me, but gives a good idea


You have to close an Url with /url. No one can easily read your post otherwise. Please make sure to double check that your posts are readable. Thank you!

WM Will Bradley wrote:

Stepping through the portal, Will stopped to switch off his air, the fresh air cool against his sweaty face, he noticed that whatever God or gods had brought him through, they had seen to bring his BA tally to. It wouldn't do to have that beeping the whole time. Tucking his hatchet into the straps of his BA set, and carrying his helmet in one hand, Will hefts his ceiling hook onto his shoulder and heads off to the tavern. Reaching the door, Will props the long tool against the wall before entering. "Hello, barman, much though I could do with a real drink after what I have just experienced, I have nothing yet to offer in return. Could I trouble you for some water though? In fact if you can suggest a way for me to earn some money too, I would be very grateful."


***Not me, but gives a good idea.

In fact if you can suggest a way for me to earn some money too, I would be very grateful."

Roland offers his name and a mug of water to Will then offers a few ways to earn money too, "The best way for you to gain money is to head to one of the four towns surrounding us to the cardinal directions and joining an adventuring guild. If you bring me back a pig or boar alive, I will give you a silver per pound or dead and back to me before two days have passed I will give you a copper per pound. There are odd end jobs that you could do here, but none that would get you much money, after all we are a small village."

Now in the tavern would be Will, in the fire fighter suit as we call it in the states who just gathered some good advice from Roland. Also there is the dude with the scar sitting at the bar minding his own business. The child rotating the boar practically is just a tool or decoration to the tavern, though Frank and Joe both sit at one of the tables further away from the bar and they don't look like they come from around here either.

Sven and Delman:
Perception DC 17 allows you to act in surprise round, and see the other dogs in the foliage. They are getting ready to charge. At least one from each side and those down the road.

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

"So Sven, what do you think about those dogs in our path? Do you think they are images or illusions like the ogres? Those yips and howls seem awfully real. Do you want me to start blasting?" Delman asks rather concerned. Then he gets even more nervous shouting, "Here they come and some are closing in on the sides!"

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Surprise Round
Then he blasts the leader of the pack down the road. Crackling purple energy coming off his kukri.

blast, touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Crit! blast, touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5


Male Human Fighter (Tactician ) 1

Apologies, I normally check and edit my posts, but it was late and I got sloppy! I can't seem to get the link to work now, ah well!

Roland:
"Thanks Roland, any suggestions on where might be best to head boar hunting? I think I might try and rustle up some people to give me a hand and get going or I will get hungry very quickly here!

Once Will has an idea of where to go, he will head towards Frank and Joe.
"Hi guys, I'm not really sure where to start, but I feel a little out of place here and you look like you might be too."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 37/35 | AC: 20 /T: 12 /FF: 18 | Perc. +4 | F: +6 / R: +2 /W: +0 | CMB +9 | CMD 21 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +4|

Frank nods toward the barkeep.

"Understood. So they know if they are being spoke of then? Well I intend to hunt them. So there is nothing you need aid with right now then?"

Frank turns as Joe speaks again and has a chuckle at his comments.

"Something like that. I was part of a medieval recreation group. Kind of like that guys that do Civil War reenactment. Not sure what happened. I was getting ready to do some fighting and then things went black."

He then pauses as another man enters this one looking like he came from fighting a fire. He watches as the man talks to the barkeep.

"Out of place? Better than being dead right?" Frank extends his hand. "The name is Frank. This is Joe. So boar hunt. I could certainly use a proper sword. What are all the ones you have back there? Displays? Are they for sale? I don't have any coin, perhaps I could trade a favor?"

He awaits an answer from the barkeep.

On a side um what does my belt do?


Roland frankly says, ”Northwest is probably the best boar hunting grounds but not the easiest, Northeast has less to hunt but safer.”

Then reaponding to Frank about the weapons, ”The weapons are for sale but only for coun or raw materials. I work as the local blacksmith too. There is a bin of shod work weapons out back that you can have for free but only take what you need.”

Frank your belt gives you +4 to strength at the moment.


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

"Perhaps we'll get lucky and find some nice shaped young trees or large branches to make some spears", Joe offered. "This ain't like any role-playing game I've ever played: we start with nothing. But perhaps boar hunting will get us our next meal."
Joe stands and begins fastening his black lunchbox to his belt loop in his pants.
"Let's get crawling so walking can begin sooner."


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Dogs!:

Perception DC 17 allows you to act in surprise round, and see the other dogs in the foliage. They are getting ready to charge. At least one from each side and those down the road.

Perception for surprise round: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Surprise Round: Move
Sven broke into a run, going straight ahead towards the wolves which were preparing to charge. As he ran, his hands began to turn into claws.

Round 1: Move, attack

With a growl, Sven began his transformation. His body contorted as his clothing and equipment merged into him. Within a few seconds, a man no longer stood, but rather a monstrous wolf. Still moving, he went for the nearest dog, and and...

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 = 18

...bit down on it, shaking his head from side to side as he sought to snap it's neck. These animals had made the mistake of attacking a much more viscous predator.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 37/35 | AC: 20 /T: 12 /FF: 18 | Perc. +4 | F: +6 / R: +2 /W: +0 | CMB +9 | CMD 21 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +4|

Frank nods in appreciation to the barkeep.

"Weapons with defects are still better than no weapons. Thank you. We will take you up on that and go see what we can find for you."

He then looks to Joe.

"Agree, fortunately for me I have my armor. Lets go look what rough weapons we have to choose from and be on our way the sooner we go the sooner we get back and get some coin for here. Have to start somewhere I suppose. What about you new guy. You never gave us your name. You in, I'm assuming so since you asked about it." Frank smiles.


Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:

"Perhaps we'll get lucky and find some nice shaped young trees or large branches to make some spears", Joe offered. "This ain't like any role-playing game I've ever played: we start with nothing. But perhaps boar hunting will get us our next meal."

Immediately after a loud male voice says, "What do you mean you start with NOTHING! I am not NOTHING! I am so insulted perhaps you will do better fighting boars with spears!"

After you exit the tavern, either the back door into the blacksmith lean-to area or out the front and around the building soon you see the wooden barrel-o-weapons Roland was likely talking about.

Pulling out the five weapons you see that most are shoddy work. One of the longswords likely has been in the barrel a long time since there is a lot of rust on it. You also find a dagger, a longsword, a glaive, and a short sword within the barrel.

Dogs... Sven and Delman:
The other dogs scatter seeing two of their own dead, one with a smoldering hole in it and the other in the maws of a much larger predator. The other three dogs converge on Delman. Two of them miss their bites but the third gets a hold of Delman's leg.


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Joe rubs his hand on his temple and groans, "I was talking about weapons for them. Not us. When I said we are starting with nothing, I meant no real money to buy weapons. And now, in your hubris, you have eliminated our anonymity."
"Gentlemen", Joe said calmly to Frank and Will, "I ask that we now take the remainder of this conversation outside."

Silver Crusade

HP: 21/19_ AC: 22 _ T: 22 _FF: 14_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +1[/ooc]_Init: +4_Fort: +3_Ref: +4_Will: +1_CMB: +0_CMD: 14_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +8_Bluff +0 _ Climb -1 _ Diplomacy +0 _ Escape Artist +4 _ Heal +1 _ Intimidate +0 _ Sense Motive +1 _ Stealth +8 _ Survival +1 _ Swim -1 _

Dogs:
"You stupid beasts don't know better..." Delman growls out before unleashing a wave of purple and black crackling energy to devastating effect as the three dogs drop into piles of goo.

He stands up and shuffles a few feet before falling to the ground and puking. He crawls a few feet before passing out. When he gets back and after Delman wakes up he turns on his side to see Sven moaning out, "Wow... that took a lot more out of me... than I thought it would."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician ) 1

"Sorry Frank, I am Will, and I could do with some money if I am to eat, my wallet isn't something I carry into fires!" before removing a glove and offering his hand.
Surprised at the outburst, Will looks for the source. "Is there someone else here? Today had been a weird day, an invisible person would just top it off!"
Heading out via the front to grab his ceiling hook, Will joins the others at the back"I think my ceiling hook will serve as a decent bill, when I can sharpen it up, but that will take time, so I find myself eyeing up that glaive. As a backup my hatchet is small but will do for now. How about you guys? Have you much experience of hunting or fighting? I know theory more than practice. And because of that I can't help wishing I had some armour more than a padded suit and an essentially plastic helmet! "


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.
WM Will Bradley wrote:
"How about you guys? Have you much experience of hunting or fighting? I know theory more than practice. And because of that I can't help wishing I had some armour more than a padded suit and an essentially plastic helmet! "

"No hunting experience whatsoever. The closest I came was hunting boars with a nobleman outside of Sandpoint in the Burnt Offerings module in Rise of The Runelords in Pathfinder. I, too, would love some armor, but I barely had enough coin for those drinks I had."

Once outside, Joe directs Will and Frank to a far corner of the tavern.
"Sorry about the confusion. But if we are all on the same mission, now is as good a time as any to meet my partner."
The big man pulls the golden longsword from it's scabbard and holding it in front of him. "According to him" Joe said, indicating his longsword, "his name is Excalibur. We haven't yet discussed if he's The Excalibur from our world. This is the gift that Goddess gave me when I arrived here. I asked for a holy avenger, and she gave me a legendary one. So legendary in fact, it likes to bring unwanted attention to it by talking", Joe frowned.
"Well, Excalibur, don't be shy now. Introduce yourself to our comrades."

Silver Crusade

The sword literally begins to glow with a golden hue and then in the same deep male voice you heard before, "Indeed I am Excalibur, the sword pulled from the throne, blessed and given to Artur PenRagon to lead the knights of the pound table." Then in a whisper almost to itself and the voice is filled with doubt, "Wait that doesn't sound right... Ah well.... that's what I recollect from your soddy history. Oh dear did I say that out loud?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 13/13_ AC: 15_ T: 15 _FF: 10_ Perception +6, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +0_Ref: +5_Will: +2_CMB: +1_CMD: 14_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +7_Bluff +7_Climb +7_Diplomacy +8_DD +7 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +2_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Lo/Nob +6/+5/+6 _ Ling +5 _ Perform Fiddle +7 _ SoH +7 _ Stealth +7 _Survival +2 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +7

The light catches another's attention and she walks around to stare for a few moments at the sword and the three men standing around it.

She is a slim athletic woman, her hair seems to have some glitter in it, making the raven black locks look like the sky. She wears a revealing purple tank top, blue denimem shorts frayed at the bottom, and purple knee high boots, all with accents of red beads. When you get close to her she seems to have a sweet scent.

With a hand on her side she asks in a lovely voice, "And what do we have here?"


Male Human |HP: 31/31 | AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 Paladin/2nd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Jeez! Cha 20!
Joe sheaths Excalibur behind his back to address the newcomer.
"Um..judging by your clothes, I take it you just came from Earth and had a strange conversation with a goddess. So have we."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 37/35 | AC: 20 /T: 12 /FF: 18 | Perc. +4 | F: +6 / R: +2 /W: +0 | CMB +9 | CMD 21 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent) | Init. +4|

Frank takes Will's hand in greeting. He waits till they get outside and the sword speaks before replying.

"So Excalibur. Nice. I was given Thor's belt. Megingjörð the belt of power. I feel stronger then I was before dying. Hunting and fighting. Yeah, I grew up in West Virginia. I hunted from and early age but honestly I liked shooting the guns more than stalking down stuff so I'm not great at looking for signs and tracking and stuff. Fighting I train all the time with swords and other weapons. They are blunted and padded so no real danger, but the principles should hold true. Kill the thing before it kills you. Will take the glaive here. Just use it kind of like you would your Fire Ax. Just think of the boar as a burning door you need to get through."

He takes notice as the girl comes around the corner.

"So another, this place must be in some serious trouble. Hello. I'm Frank." He is sad for a moment as the seeing the girl reminds him he is dead and left his wife behind.

"So armor would be a good idea for everyone. I know how to make a lot of things, but that takes time and resources. Earning some money and buying some stuff will be the easiest. We need to treat this like a video game. Just don't get dead. I don't think we re-spawn here. I will stick with my sword here. It's pretty much just a club but will work until I can get a decent blade. I will take the rusty longsword here just encase. So m'lady, we were going on a boar hunt. Care to join us?" He says offering her the short sword.


Nonlethal (0) Wounds (15) HP (49) AC24 (23/14/21) Saves (6/6->7/4) Minor Form (4/5 min) CMD24 (23) Initiative (+2) Swim and Move Speed (25ft/20ft) Wildshape (5 hours)

Sven:
Looking down at his companion, Sven thought about what to do. On one hand, it would be simple enough to just take his payment from the spellcaster and be done with it. The man didn't seem to be right in the head, and he questioned whether he would actually get paid. On the other hand, doing so seemed dishonorable. It was one thing to kill a man in combat, it was another to murder someone who was unconscious.

Deciding, at last, that the right thing to do would be to carry his comrade back to town, Sven sighed and lifted Delman over his shoulder. Muttering to himself about how he had earned his drink, he carried Delman back towards the tavern.

1 to 50 of 1,390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.