Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


951 to 1,000 of 1,979 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis counts it up, "200, 250, 258..." he looks around, and then at the bag, beginning to divvy up the gold, "So, we should all in theory get 43 gold if we include Delman, so here we go, take your pick." Artemis says, "They are all equal."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"I'll take the 43 gold", Joe says as he steps forward to take his share. "Thanks, Artemis."
Nudging his head to his angelic familiar, the paladin adds, "Well, you guys know what I did on my day of leveling. Artemis, how did it go for you? Did you level as well?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Jellena I'm a bit sore and beaten from my training. If we want to use our super buff for the day I could use some healing magic. Is there those at the temple that would heal me so you would still have your power for the day. After I heal we can move out."

He looks to Joe as he approaches.

"Looking good Joe. Yes this potion has put me back in my prime for sure. No more aches and pain. It is good to meet you Brandon. Looking forward to stopping the evil of this world with you."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
The paladin notices the warlord's winces during the friendly embrace.
Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Joe can tell Frank has been put through ringer. "Frank, you okay? What happened during your training?" The holy warrior asked with concern.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

"Maybe not as interesting as you or Frank, but I just learned what I can from Sven to level up," Artemis says, shifting a bit to look more intently at Frank, "Yeah Frank, you good?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"I'm good. I could use some healing though. The Fiendish Ogre beat me unconscious a few times. If we visit the temple again so I could get healed up we could venture out for the day."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"Fiendish..ogre, aye?!" The paladin said with a furred brow. "Maybe I should pay him a visit, for a lesson in manners!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Sorry perhaps I'm concussed. The lead guard of the temple of war here is a giant Fiendish Ogre. I think I became a student of his. Either way he helped me train to my new level. Maybe next time I will be Half Dragon and show him a few things." Frank tries to laugh but realizes his ribs are still a little sore for that.

"So besides potions giving us our youth did I miss anything?"


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis looks towards Joe nodding a little, before turning back towards Frank confused, "Not that I'm aware of, no... everything here was pretty quiet."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe shakes his newly-coined fanny pack and says "Well..we got paid for the goblin job, the newly-rescued bard and an angel joined the team. For all I know Delman's around here somewhere..", the paladin stops to think. "Umm, I know, what are we gonna call our merry band of adventurers dedicated to The Mistress of Death. Now Artemis once threw out the name 'Sun Hawks' if I remember properly", the holy warrior looks to the sharpshooter for clarification, "but I don't think that matches with what we are now. Something Death-related, but not super grim would work"
"Maybe the..Grave Markers..?" Joe trailed off looking for better suggestions.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis shifts at the name of the Sun Hawks, nodding, "Yeah... I'll admit that wasn't the best of names... lets see... yeah... I got nothing, unless your down for some historical references... Artemis says, scratching the back of his head a little sheepishly.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"We could be the Death Dealers. I like the underworld movies though they did get worse and worse. Hmm... Sentinels of Death, Death's Chosen. Any of these catchy enough?"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"Well..", Joe began, trying to be diplomatic, "of those suggestions I like Death's Chosen..because that is truly who we are. I'm still campaigning for 'Grave Markers', but still open to suggestions." The paladin looked to the group for more team names.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Coming out of thought she offers up with a warm smile, "Well is there a creature or animal that we want to emulate? I have been thinking about it and came up with several options: Death Dogs/Hounds, Death Blades, Dark/Divine Harbingers, Lunar/Night Hawks, Death's Shadow. I am a bit partial to Divine Harbingers or Death's Shadow."

She looks at the shares thinking to herself, 'Joe, myself, Frank, Delman, and Artemis.' Is there a sixth pile she is missing and sixth member? Yes Ryada is with us... the other PC is likely gone... am I missing something? Artemis if you could please verify how many piles you laid out that would be great!

coinage:
20 platinum, 50 gold, and 80 silver

She quickly throws options to the group seeing that there is not much direction, "Does anyone need to shop? Should we head out to the undead scourge in the desert or any other ideas?"


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Ryada smiles pleasantly at each of you just waiting. She looks around the guild house, at each of your gear, and looks at Artemis' gun longer than most items. Cautiously she asks him, "Uh, Art... Artemis, what is your item exactly?"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
Coming out of thought she offers up with a warm smile, "Well is there a creature or animal that we want to emulate? I have been thinking about it and came up with several options: Death Dogs/Hounds, Death Blades, Dark/Divine Harbingers, Lunar/Night Hawks, Death's Shadow. I am a bit partial to Divine Harbingers or Death's Shadow."

"Okay", the paladin nodded. "I'm just concerned if our group has 'Death' in our name, people will think we're a bunch of assassins, instead of heroes."

"I like the Dark/Divine harbingers angle," Joe added, "and the Lunar/Night Hawks as well. I would say that due to Brandon's addition to the team, we make it 'Crows', you know, or else people will look at Brandon and go 'That's not a hawk'.
Jellena Darkling wrote:
She quickly throws options to the group seeing that there is not much direction, "Does anyone need to shop? Should we head out to the undead scourge in the desert or any other ideas?"

"The main thing I'm worried about is food and water for an undead scourge expedition", the holy warrior explained. "But I think with Jellena with us, her create water orison has that aspect taken care of. Let's grab some trail rations for the trip: they're not too expensive, considering our latest payday," Joe offered.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Divine Harbingers sound fine. Let the people decide what we are the bringers or heralds of. It could be death it could be salvation. One thing for sure the hero business always makes enemies along the way. I'm fine going and dealing with the undead. I'm still looking to gather up enough money to become a half dragon or half angel. Probably dragon but still trying to decide. I hate to monetize the situation but playing this like a game still, I don't think anyone is paying us to take care of the undead right? It wasn't a quest we picked up just a problem we crossed on the way here? Well with nothing else on our plates lets go take care of it and see whats available when we return."

I had asked about getting a +1 Rapier on lend or loan. If going to deal with undead having a magic weapon is good for when we run into incorporeal things.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Yes, there are six piles for a total of 43 gold per person.

Artemis would think a bit, "Personally, my vote is Lunar/Night Hawks, but if not that then... hmm... I guess Death's Shadow works?"

Turning his attention towards Ryada, he takes his rifle off of his back, showing her his gun, "Well, its a K98, and well, it basically its an advanced musket..."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She responds to Joe and the others with her own opinion, ”I like how Night Hawks rolls off the tongue, you could even say a crow is a night hawk. Our new maskot.” The last sentence aimed at the crow and went to brush Brandon.

Responding quizically to Artemis, ”Oh a musket, I have only heard about them in stories. Are they loud and fire a stream of flame from the end?”

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Happily she responds to the group, ”If you pick one of my suggestions I would be happy. Actually I spoke with Gregarious and the adventuring guild will pay us 3 silver each burning stone we bring back, the source of the fire skeleton’s fire. There are a bunch other collecting quests in the area. Also we can be paid 500 gold if we close down its rift, let alone the wish we get should we successfully do it. I have a waypoint beacon to get us there. Ryada and I have been busy.”

Each of you can create a collecting quest, I will deem how much each is worth. If it is in the gold range it will increase the difficulty of the area drastically. Also making the boss stronger.


The group collects what they may have left behind: Delman, armor up, then head to the stores. First to the general store for rations mostly, then to the temple for Joe to get his armor resized and any last purchases.

There are plenty of rations, 1 cp each, if I remember right. Deduct the coin from your sheet and add rations appropriately. Frank I think you have a +1 rapier already, but I will double check. Frank has a masterwork rapier. Good luck finding someone selling it for under 2,000 gold.

With the crew armed, armored, and packed you head from the temple stores down further to find the waypoint. With Jellena leading the way with the beacon the waypoint swallows her up with the rest of you in a flash of blue light. The light quickly subsizes and you are in the desert on another waypoint. Several beacons lay along the edge allowing each of you to have one should you take it.

In the distance you can see roaming undead, the black scorched sand, and ruins.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
She responds to Joe and the others with her own opinion, ”I like how Night Hawks rolls off the tongue, you could even say a crow is a night hawk. Our new maskot.”
Jellena Darkling wrote:
Happily she responds to the group, ”If you pick one of my suggestions I would be happy."

With raised eyebrows, Joe relents, "Well, majority has spoken. We are now, to collectively be called.. The Night Hawks."

The paladin then looks contemplative, and says to himself, "I wonder what the logo should look like?"


Ryada wrote:
”I like how Night Hawks rolls off the tongue, you could even say a crow is a night hawk. Our new maskot.” The last sentence aimed at the crow and went to brush Brandon.

Brandon instinctively casts detect evil on the elven bard. If Ryada does not 'bing' as evil, the cassassian angel hesitantly leans his head toward the outstretched hand for pets, looking to Joe for confirmation and guidance, never being petted before.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

As the group gets supplies and armor resizing, Joe asks Jellena about the waypoint beacon, like where she got it from, properties etc. The paladin buys 6 rations for 6 cp, a heck of a deal.

GM Wolf wrote:

With the crew armed, armored, and packed you head from the temple stores down further to find the waypoint. With Jellena leading the way with the beacon the waypoint swallows her up with the rest of you in a flash of blue light. The light quickly subsizes and you are in the desert on another waypoint. Several beacons lay along the edge allowing each of you to have one should you take it.

In the distance you can see roaming undead, the black scorched sand, and ruins.

Joe asks the group to wait, as the paladin quickly kneels down in the black sand, removes Excalibur and says a quick prayer to The Mistress for guidance and protection.

After getting back up, the holy warrior offers an opinion. "Okay, Night Hawks, we have all just imbibed a magical potion that revived our bodies, filling us with vital life energies. Which probably means to them", Joe nods toward the distant undead, "we probably shine like the fricking sun, so expect heavy numbers. We got a job to do, so no heroics. We all got here together, we're all leaving together. Buddy up, don't get cornered, and fight defensively."
For collecting quests, I was thinking something simple, like collecting undead femurs, or maybe more fantastical, like undead essences from spectral foes, a la World of Warcraft.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank takes not drawing his sword.

"As I have done I will do my best to be caretaker to the group, but fighting with a buddy is a great tactic. Who wants to buddy up?"

Does the collecting quest pertain to the undead? I want to be a half dragon so I need gold, but I don't want to get us killed collecting vampire teeth or something crazy :)


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis looks a bit confused at Kyada, "Well, when it fires, it is pretty loud but it doesn't shoot a stream of fire from the barrel. That is a flamethrower, this however shoots bullets towards enemies."

"I'll buddy up with you Frank," Artemis says, taking a look over towards him, shifting around on the black sand as he waits for the rest of the group to pair up.

For the collecting quest, I'm thinking we could potentially collect books from the ruins.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe looks to the quiet warlock.
"Delman. Your choice. Partner with Jellena or me."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Great Art. You cover my six while I cut these fools down. Stay mobile and closeish so I can get to you if needed. I think Joe is the only one that can hurt incorporeal, maybe Jellena can with her lightsaber so be careful. When we charge in I will unleash my roar to bolster our attacks. Everyone ready?"


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis nods, "I'll do my best but don't get too far ahead, ok? he says, making sure his gun is loaded, "I'm ready when you all are."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

No evil here or at least none that Brandon can detect.

Oh come on Frank, fighting vampires would be a blast! ;)

Still looking confused she says to Artemis, "Ah ok, so like a crossbow, just mechanical in nature?"

As the group begins to talk about preparing for battling and buddying up she pulls the black threads from her wrists to hook onto her fingers leaving an intricate design with the threads. She offers, "It might be best for Delman and I to buddy up and back up the team with blasts." She then grips her fists and light blue energy courses over the threads, then to her tattoos, and finally to her eyes.

Quest idea: Collect dark crystals that form in the black sand. Watch out for lightning!
A behemouth was seen lurking around the area, it has the body of a large predator cat like a lion or tiger. Though it is much larger and the head was covered in a skull or it was missing its flesh on its head. Find the lair of the beast. Or if brave enough find out what it actually is.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She picks out some of the better choices in rations, aiming for jerky, berries, and nuts. Already paid for them and added them to my list, don't remember how many.

At Joe's request Jellena tells him about the waypoint beacon, "l got the beacon from the waypoint under the temple of Death. It allows me to teleport from one location to another that is connected to specific waypoints or waypoints that I have uncovered. I don't see any other properties that it confers, though if you keep it on it looks like some dormant abilities might open up."

Upon Delman's request she smiles a sly grin and nods her head towards Ryada.

She offers Joe, "I will flank with you, keep them busy and I will stab them in the back." Then in response to Frank she grins and confidently relays, "I am sure it will work, and if it doesn't then I can rebuke them!"

Jellena joins the paladin in the prayer to the Mistress, touching his shoulder with one hand, holding the mighty tome of the Mistress in the other, and standing behind him. "Oh Mistress be with us this day. Guide our blades and weapons to do your will. Let us smite these undead in your name. May we know where you wish us to step forth and may we see all that may harm us before it has a chance to do so." Then she gasps and in an otherworldly yet still very feminine voice relays orders, "My paladin, stab the black sand with Excalibur. Ryada and Delman fire rays at the blade once it penetrates the sand. Artemis be ready to shoot anything that comes from the sand. Frank step up and be ready as well. This will give you an edge, negate the unhallow, but the undead will charge. Be ready to run to the West to find a cave to confine their numbers." Jellena obviously slumps from the possession but steadies herself quickly. She takes a steading breath and states, "When you are ready Joe!" She will step to Joe's other side and draw forth her lightsaber and turn it on, the black energy crackling as it comes back to life.

Quest ideas: Strange blue four legged creatures have been said to of been seen roaming in the ruins. They lash out at the undead if they wander too close. Perhaps they are friendly to those who are not undead. Find out! See if you can open a good relation with the creatures.
A mine is said to be under the ruins. Take this set of mining tools and find out what could be mined. Bring back a sample.

Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

Delman woke up to a bit of banging on his door. Seeing the group he gave a sly grin and a shrug simply relaying, "It was a night to remember!" He collected his cat and few items before following the group to the store, where he collected 5 rations at 5 copper. Then to the temple of death again, seeing (her) again he takes a few steps forward a bit awkwardly.
She aggressively comes forward at him almost as if to slam into him or even to attack him but at the last moment she grabs his robes and brings him in for a passionate kiss. Then slinging one arm over his shoulders she looks at the Night Hawks and asks, "So what do you need?!"

He looks at Jellena getting her attention and asks, "Was there a miracle potion for me as well?" He then looks towards Ryada and asks her, "May I please," he takes it and sincerely says his thanks. Drinking it he obviously gets stronger and even grows a bit. His face turns into a great smile as he yells, "HELL YES!!! Thank the Mistress!"

He smiles at Joe and happily relays, "No worries Ryada and I will watch everyone's back. Team up with Jellena it should be a good pairing. Us arcane casters have to stick together."

At Jellena's and the Mistresses command he readies a ray to shoot Joe's sword Excalibur once it stabs the black sand.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

As Delman requests the miraculous potion from Jellena she pulls out the last one having it ready for the warlock smiling smugly as she holds it out for him.

She says a few arcane words and works her hands into somatic symbols and then focuses her arcane energies welling them between her hands and aiming them at Excalibur, just waiting for the blade to sink into the black sand. Super seriously focused.

Silver Crusade

"Hey wait! What!?" The sword blurts out obviously not fully focusing on the situation. Then to his creidt he yells, "OH YEAH, LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!! SMITING MODE ON! Joe smite the first one you see!"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
As the group begins to talk about preparing for battling and buddying up she pulls the black threads from her wrists to hook onto her fingers leaving an intricate design with the threads. She offers, "It might be best for Delman and I to buddy up and back up the team with blasts." She then grips her fists and light blue energy courses over the threads, then to her tattoos, and finally to her eyes.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The paladin notices the sky blue energies weaving around and on the bard, and it gives him pause. Are these glowing sigils different from the once Ryada had in the sewer or the same?
Jellena Darkling wrote:
Jellena joins the paladin in the prayer to the Mistress, touching his shoulder with one hand, holding the mighty tome of the Mistress in the other, and standing behind him. "Oh Mistress be with us this day. Guide our blades and weapons to do your will. Let us smite these undead in your name. May we know where you wish us to step forth and may we see all that may harm us before it has a chance to do so." Then she gasps and in an otherworldly yet still very feminine voice relays orders, "My paladin, stab the black sand with Excalibur. Ryada and Delman fire rays at the blade once it penetrates the sand. Artemis be ready to shoot anything that comes from the sand. Frank step up and be ready as well. This will give you an edge, negate the unhallow, but the undead will charge. Be ready to run to the West to find a cave to confine their numbers." Jellena obviously slumps from the possession but steadies herself quickly. She takes a steading breath and states, "When you are ready Joe!" She will step to Joe's other side and draw forth her lightsaber and turn it on, the black energy crackling as it comes back to life

Joe looks to Jellena with momentary concern turning to confirmation, nodding in understanding.

Excalibur bane of Undead wrote:
"Hey wait! What!?" The sword blurts out obviously not fully focusing on the situation. Then to his creidt he yells, "OH YEAH, LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!! SMITING MODE ON! Joe smite the first one you see!"

The holy warrior chuckles quietly. "You know we save that smite for The Big Bad, partner. Don't worry: I'm sure there will be plenty of dead to sate you."

Holding Excalibur down facing the black sand, Joe looks to his friends around him, at the ready. "On '3'."
"..1"
"..2"
"..3!!"


The disguised cassissian angel bows with reverence on Joe's shoulder as Jellena channels The Mistress's Words.
Before the paladin's countdown, Brandon hops to rest on the cleric's left shoulder, giving Joe the room he needs to strike the unhallowed earth.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis just looks down at his rifle, thinking a bit, "Uhh... kinda of? Well, the trigger is similar but um..." Artemis pulls a bullet out to show, "Basically you put this into the barrel. Then you close and secure the barrel like this." He says, going through the motions, making sure the safety is definitely engaged. "Once that is done, you aim and pull the trigger like this. This causes the firing mechanism the trigger is apart of to engage the firing pin, which in turn hits and activates the primer, igniting the powder and ultimately shooting the bullet." he finishes off, scratching the back of his head, blushing as he realizes he went into way too much detail on how a rifle works.

Shifting and turning towards Jellena, Artemis nods and gives a thumbs up, before making sure to keep his eyes peeled as the group activates their plan.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank nods and readies himself for the first wave of enemies.


With the blade penetrating deep into the black sand you all hear unearthly roar start up, moments later as it continues to increase in strength you can see the hoard of undead amassing and charging towards you. You likely will have 10 rounds before it smashes onto you unless you try to flee before it likely gaining more time.

The black sand is greatly affected by the unhallowing, the blackness on the sand quickly fades that is within 10 feet of the paladin. From the sand two ghostly hands appear for a moment before disappearing into the sand again.

Random Enemies:

Round 1
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 7
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 61
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 3

Round 2
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 40
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 11
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 60

Round 3
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 19
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 33
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 76

Round 4
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 77
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 41
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 52

Round 5
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 81
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 7
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 87

Round 6
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 98
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 78
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 95

Round 7
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 64
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 1
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 48

Round 8
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 53
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 99
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 85

Round 9
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 80
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 3
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 91

Round 10
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 91
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 44
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 50

Round 11
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 3
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 100
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 91

Round 12
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 52
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 17
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 31

Round 13
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (6) - 3 = 3
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 28
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 39
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 6

Round 14
Flaming skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Zombies : 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
skeletons: 1d6 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
90 to 100 encounter behemouth: 1d100 ⇒ 45
90 to 100 encounter lightning: 1d100 ⇒ 79
100 encounter sink hole: 1d100 ⇒ 96

You can easily see what is coming at you the next round. No threats get to you in Round 1 but that will let you prepare or get some ranged attacks. The two skeletons that will charge in on round 2 are 60 feet out, as are the 2 zombies.

Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

Boldly he announces, ”Hold your ground! Hold tight until the horde is here and I will be able to deal them a massive blow!”

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She nods to the warlock and agrees, ”The Mistress is with us, keep tight, form around Delman, be brave in the face of our immortal enemies and we will be blessed.” She takes her book and slips it into her cloak and it dissappears with her hand into a inky black hole of some sort and out she pulls a long cylindical object under a black veil. She points it towards Artemis, ”I am sure this will help in the coming battle.”

Artemis:
You recogize it to be a rifle of some sort. As you take the veil off you realize it is your gun from your previous life.

Round 1
She gives the object to Artemis and readies a strike versus the first undead that rushes up to her.

lightsaber: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Silver Crusade

”Don’t be stingy with it man, use your smite on the first enemy that comes before you, or I will force you to use it!” the sword beligerently states.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Yes these runes, that are glowing sky blue, are the ones she had in the sewer. The same ones that burned red as she held open the red portal.

After striking the sword with her lightning ray she calls up the energy again, the blue energy coursing over the threads to the sigils, and then up to her eyes. Then she begins to sing, an otherworldly language: celestial. Even without knowing the words you feel inspired by the sounds coming from her mouth, +2 damage and attack. She moves to stand beside Delman and behind Jellena.

Round 2

She continues to sing but also calls forth lightning from her hands with a somatic gesture, shooting the electrified ray at the closest skeleton.

blast, touch: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

Round 1

He pulls out a stone from one of his belt pockets and thumbs it until he has a better shot.

Round 2

blast, touch: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

With the unsheathing of his kukri and a quick gesture a glowing white ray erupts from the tip and slams into the other skeleton.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe gets up from his sword thrust into the unhallowed earth and readies his next attack, listening to Delman and Jellena's initial attack plan. The paladin barks back at the magical sword. "God-d@mmit, Excalibur! Not now! A smite against a zombie is a waste especially if we know even worse is coming! WE ARE NOT HAVING THIS ARGUMENT NOW!!"

Readied Attack:
Attacking the first charging zombie that makes melee range.
Excalibur: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Dmg.: 1d8 + 9 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + (4, 4) = 20

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank positions himself on the front line. He roars out at the incoming abominations bolstering his allies.

Encouraging Roar: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 6 Rounds of +2att/+2dmg. Make sure you add it to your attacks.

Like Jellena he readies to attack one of the charging enemies.

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (1) = 15


As sword and wielder bicker, Brandon takes flight, flapping his wings to hover near Joe at all times, extending the angel's Lesser Protection Aura to the paladin.

Lesser Protective Aura (Su):

A cassisian has a lesser form of the protective aura possessed by more powerful angels. This protective aura grants the cassisian a +2 deflection bonus to its AC against evil foes, and a +2 resistance bonus on all saving throws made against evil effects or spells cast by evil creatures. This aura extends to a radius of 5 feet, but can only benefit one additional creature other than the cassisian at any one time. A cassisian’s protective aura is fragile, and as soon as an evil creature successfully strikes the cassisian, or as soon as the cassisian fails a saving throw against an evil source, its protective aura fades away and is no longer applicable. The cassisian can reactivate its protective aura by spending 1 minute concentrating upon the task.

Silver Crusade

Will Save DC 24, or activate smite on first attack.

The sword stops. Its light fades and stops making noise.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 ..groan..


Round 1
Each of you prepare for the coming threat. Ryada and Frank bolster the group. Frank, Jellena, and Joe prepare for the charging undead with their own melee response.

Round 2
Ryada shoots another electrical ray shattering the bones to the wind. The other skeleton comes charging in with holey leather armor and a rusty longsword but gets shot down by a white ray before getting to the group. The two zombies continue to stagger towards you now 30 feet away and three flaming skeletons are in view some 100 or 200 feet away.

Round 3

Will the zombies with 12 hp get into melee?

951 to 1,000 of 1,979 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.