Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


901 to 950 of 1,949 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

With a rather serious expression she confers with Joe, ”Which way do you want to level up: Spend the next two days training or do a simple ritual which will take 2 hours. We can summon your familiar as we do the simple ritual, though I will leave after the first 2 hours, it will take you the better part of two days to summon it.”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe holds his arms in exasperation. "Well, $#|+! I guess I have the better part of the week planned out for me! It's so much faster to level in video games. DING, and boom, you're leveled."
The paladin grumbles. "Well, with both of you here", Joe looks to both Jellena and Ryada, "I will take the 'simple ritual' option, which when you think about it, doesn't sound all that simple. And if all goes well, which I doubt, I'll begin the ritual to summon my familiar tomorrow."
The holy warrior blinks. "I'm sorry, you two", Joe apologizes. "I'm just eager to advance. Sorry I'm acting like a jerk. Hey, I wanna let you two know that if either of you need my help with leveling, I'd like to help the same way you two are helping me."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis just nods, "Yeah I see, I'm just um.... I'm just still getting used to... you know, being here... its one hell of a culture shock, that's for sure..." he says, shifting around on his feet a bit.


The armorer is obviously not sure what to say in response to Artemis and takes back the coins into a chest. He then states, "Well I had best get to work on that armor of yours." Then begins to mill about his workshop collecting materials.

As Joe begins to complain about leveling up he sees a crystal appear in his hand. Joe knows that the crystal is another option to level up. Though you don't know the exact ramifications of quickly leveling up. Crush it and you will bypass the other methods to level up. If anyone else verbally complains or points out the pain of the rituals, the same would happen to you.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
GM Wolf wrote:
As Joe begins to complain about leveling up he sees a crystal appear in his hand. Joe knows that the crystal is another option to level up. Though you don't know the exact ramifications of quickly leveling up. Crush it and you will bypass the other methods to level up. If anyone else verbally complains or points out the pain of the rituals, the same would happen to you.

Joe looks down in horror at the floating crystal in his hand, then to the two women in the room, then back down at the crystal. As the ladies look on, they observe the bold, confident paladin look like a very small mouse trapped in a [u]very[/u] large paw.

"Um..! Okay..", Joe stammers. "I keep forgetting the universe listens to me on this planet. F#<k." After pacing a few step, still holding the manifested crystal, the paladin's mind begins to race. "O-Okay. Thank you..for the option. I appreciate it. Really! But..um.." Looking around the room, the holy warrior finds a simple chair and goes to sit down. "B-but I think I'm just going to sit down in this chair and wait for the proper leveling ritual..to begin, and..uh..just.. shut the f#<k up. And be happy with that. Um..Thank you!" Joe bows several times to the heavens and begins to sit very still.
Message received, Wolf. Cool RP moment, though.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Watching the armorer work for a few seconds, Artemis would just give a small wave as he walked out.
---
Following the training by Sven, Artemis would smile and wave as he left the alchemist's room, checking how close it was to sunset. If it's still light out, Artemis would quickly make his way to the general store Jellena showed them before they went down into the sewers. However, if it's too dark outside Artemis will just settle in at the guild house, waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Ryada seems rather surprised and somewhat appalled by your use of language, she then whispers to Jellena not so quietly, "He is your paladin?!"

She waits with Jellena outside of the room where Joe is finishing his familiar summoning ritual. You know about 24 hours have passed. She looks over at Jellena and snidely remarks, "I hope he 'cleans' up before emerging."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She is taken aback a bit as well, though she just shrugs her sensuous shoulders looking at Ryada with a sly grin, "Well he is a paladin of a death god now..." She lets the message be filled in by your own thoughts.

She turns those lovely white teeth in a grin towards Joe as she uses the burning incense to waft it around the room toward Joe. "I see you have chosen a known road rather than the chaotic one. Come let us finish this ritual."

Both Ryada and her spread the incense around the room, supposedly 'ritually cleaning the room'. Then after preparing a chalk circle with runes on the floor she calls Joe over to stand upon it. Chants of power calling upon the Mistress to bless Joe with her sacred power and several hours later Joe is leveled up with the Mistress blessing him through Jellena's outstretched hand.

Jellena then offers a few more helpful words, "Focus upon what you want your familiar to be. Call it from where you think it should come from. Visualize it just like a spell. There is water and some rations should you get hungry. Good luck!"

Jellena's actions for the rest of the night and until Joe is done with his ritual.:
Jellena takes Ryada around the temple exploring the different places and greeting those who live at the temple building relationships and contacts. Since Joe is currently in her room she requests a room for him with the administraters and requests one for Ryada. With a bit of charisma and luck she is able to get it approved without spending a coin. Though the rooms are very basic. She stays up late with Ryada learning all about her past. Once Ryada gets tired she lets her turn in, though it turns out late at night.
Then she goes to her new room. She pulls her massive book of Life and Death from the folds of her robe. Studying the book and being restored by her study and the magical properties of the book. She prepares her spells at midnight praying to the Mistress, especially praying about guidance in what actions she and the Chosen of the Mistress should do next. With no revelations she puts her book away before leaving.
Knocking at Ryada's door after 5 hours, she smiles as the elf is ready to face the day. The two of them getting along famously continue interacting with those in the temple. Checking in on Arven, Stella, and Trevor she finds the others anxious to move along even though Arven still needs rest. In fact several guards arrive to taken Arven home. Jellena and Ryada join the others to take Arven home.
Arven tells the guards to not take their weapons at the door, "After all they saved my life!" But his father was adamant especially with his new friends. Luckily Ryada passes over her longbow without any complaint.
Arven has the servants create a lavish breakfast for his group and new allies. Over the meal the three of them share the places around town that can help increase some abilities and what they did to be granted the abilities.
Well fed and with new information Jellena and Ryada go searching. If they get lost, Jellena easily gets some directions from those around. Finding the three locations rather easily and marking them to memory to come back with the others.

Jellena and Ryada do some shopping for gear and for good food rather than just rations on the road. Each getting a few outfits and enjoying time together, Jellena nearly forgets that she is not home with one of her old pals. She thanks Ryada for all the wonder time and a confession that she needs wants to go hunt a monster in the nearby woods.
With Ryada's skills they quickly leave the town and find themselves on the road and veer off to find something to gain some experience. With Ryada's bow she aggros the feral dog and Jellena finishes it off with her lightsaber once it is closer. Jellena puts her ring into the blood of the dog and smiles. Then they return to town a few hours before Joe is done with his long ritual.

Jellena waits patiently outside her old room for Joe to emerge with his new friend.


Joe won't be seen for about 24 hours... let's catch up the rest of you to him. Joe I hope you have selected your familiar and added it to your character sheet. It can be a celestial if you want it to be. I will look for it once you let me know.

Artemis goes to the shop and finds it open, the old clerk comes over and asks neutrally, "How can I help you son?"

Frank, here is my post in case you missed it:

GM Wolf wrote:

The rat of a man closest to you scurries forward, in quick bursts he weakly requests, ”PleaseSirDon’t! DoNotSummon theGuardian. ForHeWill SendUsPacking.”

The twin black metal doors which are 30 feet tall and 15 feet wide each shake for but a moment. You can see many of the other squatters pull their weapons and stand up getting ready for a fight. Some of the more lazy ones begin to stir. The soldiers form up as a unit, being the most prepared with a turtle of shields forming, more solid as each soldier arrives.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would smile a bit, "I'm looking for a few items, a scope, an alchemy kit and an alchemist lab in stock, and last I remember you still had those in stock. Do you still have them, and if so, how much would it cost to buy all three?"


Kit, Alchemy Crafting:

Price 25 gp; Weight 5 lbs.

An alchemist with an alchemy crafting kit is assumed to have all the material components needed for his extracts, mutagens, and bombs, except for those components that have a specific cost. An alchemy crafting kit provides no bonuses on Craft (alchemy) checks. (This item was previously called an “alchemist’s kit”, and was renamed to avoid confusion with the set of adventuring gear called an “alchemist’s kit.”)

Lab, Alchemist’s:

Price 200 gp; Weight 40 lbs.

This lab is used for making alchemical items, and provides a +2 circumstance bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks. It has no bearing on the costs related to the Craft (alchemy) skill. Without this lab, a character with the Craft (alchemy) skill is assumed to have enough tools to use the skill but not enough to get the +2 bonus that the lab provides.

Portable alchemist’s lab: This compact version of a full-sized alchemist’s lab provides a +1 circumstance bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.
Portable alchemist’s lab Price 75 gp; Weight 20 lbs.

I can have it delivered once my movers return.

What kind of scope are you looking for?


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis thinks for a moment, "Sounds good to me, as for the scope, um... I don't know many specifics, but I do know that it fits on a rifle," Artemis says, gesturing towards his firearm, "And that it is telescopic in nature."

The scope from Modern Firearms:
Scope: Scopes are telescopic sights mounted on rifles to increase accuracy at range by magnifying the target. Scopes reduce the penalty for ranged attacks by 1 for each range increment.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
Ryada seems rather surprised and somewhat appalled by your use of language, she then whispers to Jellena not so quietly, "He is your paladin?!"
Jellena Darkling wrote:
She is taken aback a bit as well, though she just shrugs her sensuous shoulders looking at Ryada with a sly grin, "Well he is a paladin of a death god now..." She lets the message be filled in by your own thoughts.

True to his word, Joe remains quiet for the remainder of the ritual, but not before shooting glances at Ryada and Jellena, as if to say, Oh! Shut up!

Jellena Darkling wrote:
Jellena then offers a few more helpful words, "Focus upon what you want your familiar to be. Call it from where you think it should come from. Visualize it just like a spell. There is water and some rations should you get hungry. Good luck!"

"Thanks, ladies." The paladin says as he walks the bard and cleric our of the door and locking it behind them. With a sigh, the paladin looks around the room, then begins to remove his heavy armor after standing in a circle for hours. The holy warrior stacks them nicely in a corner, along with Excalibur in his scabbard.

Seeing the ritual circle still intact, Joe sits down in the center and crosses his legs in a lotus position. The newly-leveled paladin slows his breathing and begins to quiet his thoughts for an extended mediation.
Closing his eyes, Joe concentrates on animals associated with Death, with the first one that came to mind was the crow. Stretching out his consciousness, the holy warrior dwells on the image of crows and their significance.
After what seemed like several minutes, Joe's mind began to dwell on crows he knows off. At that point, the paladin's consciousness shifted to find itself sitting at the base of an immense tree, so large it nearly took the entirety of his vision, surrounded by a gnarled forest. The air felt cold, like an early winter. Looking back up at the tree, the holy warrior noticed two large shapes flying down to greet him, which landed with a great force on the ground. Before Joe stood two large raven-like creatures, each the size of a trailer home.
"Look, Munninn", spoke the immense crow on the left, "This kriger looks a bit lost."
"He sure looks a long away from home, Huginn", answered the giant crow on the right.
"Wait!" Joe exclaimed with awe and disbelief. "You guys are Huginn and Munninn?! Odin's crows?! Wow! It's an honor!"
"Hmm." Munninn responded, looking to his feathered companion. "He certainly grovels well." Huginn nodded at Munninn.
"Wait!" Joe exclaimed again. "If you guys are here, than that tree must be..", the paladin gazed up amazed.
"Yes. The World Tree, Yggdrasil", Huginn answered. As Joe stared at the far upper branches, he could have sworn he had seen a rather large squirrel.
Fighting to draw his attention back down to the immense crows in front of him, the holy warrior tried to explain himself.
"I'm sorry to both you both. I was mediating on a world called Arcanium in hopes of acquiring a crow familiar", Joe stammered, "And my consciousness brought me here..to you two."
Both giant crows cawed with laughter. "Sorry, sjaman", Munninn chuckled, "but we're called for."
"I know and again I'm sorry", explained Joe. "C-can I get a crow familiar from you two?" The holy warrior said with hope in his voice.
Huginn leaned over the small human and gave his a couple sniff, which to Joe's perspective was frightening.
Sniff. Sniff. "No!" Huginn said. "You smell like the Goddess of Death, 'The Mistress'." Joe could almost hear the 'air quotes' when the legendary bird spoke. Even though you smell like one of the mennesker, she has claimed you, and we are just fine dealing with one Goddess of Death, not another."
"Mennesker"? Joe asked.
Mennesker, answered Munninn. "One of Odin's people, his worshippers."
Joe ponders for a moment. "Well, my father's side does come from lithuania.."
"Yeah", Huginn nodded. "But those people called Odin, Wotan, but essentially the same."
”Well, I guess I'll be on my way then”, Joe said as he stood up on the forest floor. ”Again, I'm sorry for disturbing you, but it was awesome to meet you both.”
”I like him”, Huginn said.
”Yeah”, Munnin crawed, ”Perhaps we won't eat him then. Let's get him back into the Etheral Plane, shall we.
With that, both giant crows flapped their mighty wings, sending the paladin into a quickly disappearing landscape. Before the World Tree faded from view, Joe was able to shout, ”Tell Odin I said 'hi'!”

After a few moments, Joe's consciousness stopped abruptly in front of a massive villa. Looking around, Joe saw the massive house was giant-sized and stood on a vast field dotted with shops and what looked like libraries. The holy warrior stood up and walked to the massive front door, and with some difficulty, knocked a few times using the door knocker the size of a wagon wheel.
The door opened to reveal a handsome humanoid crow, holding an elaborate quarterstaff.
”Joseph Waskalis?” The crow man asked.
”Um..yes.” The holy warrior answered.
”You are expected, paladin. Please follow me.”
Human and crow person walked through the mighty villa. Every wall was lined with full bookshelves, with beautiful books of all sizes, shapes, and thickness. Both beings came upon another large set of doors.
”The Lady is waiting for you in her Northern Study”, said the feathered being, suddenly jabbing a finger into Joe's shoulder. ”We keep a civil tongue in his house, paladin, lest we peck it out of your cheek, understand!”
The humbled holy warrior nodded as the tengu-type creature let Joe into a room full of bright light.
Joe shielded his eyes from the bright light. From the interior of the room, a booming yet feminine voice called out. ”Sorry, Joseph. I'll turn down the lamps.”
The lights faded to an beautiful elderly woman with a stern, wrinkled face wearing a crow-feathered cloak, holding a large volume. Joe was struck by the realization that he knew this person, at least read about her in his copy of Heaven Unleased back on Earth.
The paladin bowed his head. Lady Andoletta, it's an honor to meet you! Then..that means I'm in..”
”Heaven. On the Fields of Opsimathy, in the Requius region. Arise, paladin”, the empyreal lord said. ”Please sit while we wait.” Andoletta motioned to a nearby table with several stacks of books.
Both human and archon sat down on cushy chairs you would find in a major city library.
”It was a strange request to be sure”, Lady Andoletta began. ”But it would not be the first time an angel was fashioned to serve a particular diety, especially one as..removed as your Mistress, but not impossible.”
”I don't understand”, Joe began, but was stopped by Lady Andoletta's raised hand.
”You shall know my meaning soon enough, paladin, once we return your consciousness to your body on the Material Plane.” Leaning in, the empryeal lord added, ”Nice job with that conversion, especially for such an low-ranking paladin!”
”Oh! Delman? I don't even know how I did it, I assumed it was the 'Work of the Gods'.”
Lady Andoletta turned her head slightly, as if to listen to an invisible servant.
”It is time.” The empryeal lord stated. ”This is a token of Heaven's appreciation and a guide to lead you in dark places. Goodbye, paladin. Do not fall and you may see me again someday.”

Joe awakes on the cold stone floor of the ritual room in the Mistress's temple, covered in a cold sweat. The holy warrior blinks, and immediately notices the room is covered in black feathers, yet Joe still sits up under the ritual chalk marking made by Jellena. Suddenly the black feather shift and move, rising to a point in the center of the room. The oily feathers coalesce in rapid succession to become the form a black-laquered helm with multiple flapping crow wings.
”What is my name?!” A voice calls from the inside of the dark helm.
Joe blinked, immediately his mind was remembering songs from The Crow motion picture soundtrack. NIN. The Cure.
”Brandon.” Joe stammers. ”Your name is Brandon.”
The eyeless sockets of the helm look down at the paladin. ”Why Brandon?”
”That..is the name of an actor who played a famous warrior who returned from the Dead to exact vengeance on those that killed him and his wife”, the paladin explained.
”It will do”, Brandon accepted. ”I am a cassissian angel, assigned to you in the name of The Mistress. This is my true form, but I prefer this one”, the archon said, changing into that of a crow with nearly pitch black feathers. ”Also, I was told you also prefer this form as well.” The crow then was replaced with a black pug dog.
”Aww!” Joe cooed. ”You look just like my dog, Sunny, back on Earth.”
”Sunny?” The pug questioned.
”My wife named him”, Joe answered. ”He had a very 'sunny' disposition..despite his black fur.
”I am not Sunny”, Brandon stated plainly.
”No, I guess you aren't.” Joe's stomach then let out a huge rumble of hunger. ”Hungry?”
Joe gingerly rose to his feet. He felt like he was laying on that floor for a long time. The paladin went to the rations and began to eat. ”Want some?” Joe offered the form of the returned crow.
”I do not eat.” Brandon stated.
”Yeah. I guess not.”
Joe ate and drank, then put his armor back on.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Ryada wrote:
She waits with Jellena outside of the room where Joe is finishing his familiar summoning ritual. You know about 24 hours have passed. She looks over at Jellena and snidely remarks, "I hope he 'cleans' up before emerging."

Hearing the bard outside his door, Joe cast prestidigitation on himself as he strapped Excalibur and his scabbard on his back once more.

Brandon hopped on Joe's armored shoulder as the paladin opened the door.
"How's that, Ryada?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Artemis hands the shop owner 225 gold coins, one bag less and some from his spare change bag. As the shop keeper looks at you a bit peculiarly, "Well I know of telescopes, I suppose you could purchase that but it is 1,000 gp." Artemis knows that the telescope the shop keeper is talking about might work but is not what he wants. Artemis would have to find a gun maker, or someone who makes scopes to get that. What is the cost of the scope anyways?

Excellent Joe, I don't think I could have done a better job!


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She smiles and claps quickly but lightly, still showing she is glad and appreciates your efforts, with a warm lit to her words, "Very nice Joe. Nice indeed. And who is your little friend there?"

Sense Motive DC 17:
Ryada likes you Joe. Yes you believe she has been persuaded to become helpful towards you. Though other entanglements are likely on her mind as well.

Silver Crusade

Rather sarcastically the sword burst out, "Oh! It is nice to meet you "Brandon"! You both can easily hear the air quotes and then it begins to laugh.

Once he regains his laughter be it after you open the door or not he then states, "Oh the Crow, well I guess it will have to do. "Brandon"!" Oh this is going to be fun!"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Jellena just stands there with a knowing smile and looks at Joe. Slightly sucking in her lips to let them smack out she looks between the two of you.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Jellena knows something you don't. Likely to do with Ryada and you, Joe.

Sense Motive DC 18:
Jellena knows: Ryada doesn't know about your other love interest but Jellena does. Jellena looks like a happy cat just waiting to see what you, 'Joe', the mouse will do.

"Oh by the way, I talked with administration and that is now your room. I just need a few things and I can show you to my new room. Oh and Ryada's room just three doors down." She then quickly slips into the room to grab a few things and escorts you down to the other's rooms. She seemed to emphasize the word rooms.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

According to d20, its a measly 25gp, but I think that number should be revised upwards to be honest.
Artemis thinks for a moment, "1,000 gold?" he thinks looking at the remainder of his gold, "I... I think I'll pass on that, but thanks for the offer." Artemis says, giving a small smile towards the shop owner.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 FACEPALM

Ryada wrote:
She smiles and claps quickly but lightly, still showing she is glad and appreciates your efforts, with a warm lit to her words, "Very nice Joe. Nice indeed. And who is your little friend there?"

"Everyone, this is Brandon. He is in fact a cassissian angel, a gift from both The Mistress and the forces of Heaven, with the acknowledgement of at least one Empyreal Lord, Lady Andoletta the Grandmother Crow."

"Brandon, this is Ryada, a bard and the team's newest member, outside of yourself. And this", Joe motions to the cleric, "is Jellena, The Mistress's Chosen cleric. If for some reason, we are separated, you will kindly refer to her."
"And, last, but not least, your shoulder roommate, the holy sword, Excalibur, a legendary holy avenger and slayer of undead. There are three other members of our party I need to introduce you to," the paladin looks down the halls, "but..they must be back at the guildhouse."


Adorned with feathers so black they nearly absorb all light around them, the crow turns to bow to both bard and cleric, bowing deepest to Jellena.
"Greetings, mortals."

Knowledge (planes) or Sense Motive 10:
The crow before you is making words with a beak that can't shape his mouth to utter those words. The angel is using Truespeech (Su) to communicate in this form.

"I look forward to destroying the forces of evil and undead along side you." Brandon speaks with a deep, gloomy voice of authority.
Excalibur bane of Undead wrote:

Rather sarcastically the sword burst out, "Oh! It is nice to meet you "Brandon"! You both can easily hear the air quotes and then it begins to laugh.

Once he regains his laughter be it after you open the door or not he then states, "Oh the Crow, well I guess it will have to do. "Brandon"!" Oh this is going to be fun!"

Brandon shuffles on Joe's shoulder to look directly at Excalibur's handle. After a few seconds of intense staring, the crow jabs the magical sword hard with it's beak.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"Hey! Hey! HEY!" Joe exclaims, raising his hands in an attempt to block any escalation. "Knock it off, you two! You are both literally on Team Paladin! You both have to work together to help me be the best paladin I can be!"

Jellena Darkling wrote:
"Oh by the way, I talked with administration and that is now your room. I just need a few things and I can show you to my new room. Oh and Ryada's room just three doors down." She then quickly slips into the room to grab a few things and escorts you down to the other's rooms. She seemed to emphasize the word rooms.

"Wow!.. Really?!" Joe asks in amazement. "I have two places to lay my head here in New Faces? Thank you, Jellena!" Turning to Ryada, Joe adds, "That's awesome!"

Jellena walks both paladin and bard to their new rooms. Joe checks out the room smiling. "This is great! Excalibur, I eventually want to find you a nice weapon rank you can chill out in when we're not on any missions in here. I'm sure you're tired of being laid against the wall all the time."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank looks to the man.

"Send you packing? What business do you have here if not to train? This is the temple of war yes?"

He then directs his attention back to the doors.

"I summon fourth the guardian, as I am in need of training.

Silver Crusade

"Ooooh you beady eyed bird! You do that again and Brandon will pay. You hear me!" The sword lashes out with its words.

Then concerning the weapon rack on the wall, it remarks, "Ooo, perhaps a pedestal with a nice cushion instead?!"


The rat of a man shakes and backs up seeing your determination. Weakly he states as he backs away, "It is your funeral. WaitWhatAmISaying ItIsOurFuneralToo!" With that he turns and scurries to his leanto. He and the others closest grab what they can and rush out of the arena.

The soldiers have finished making their turtle shield. As the others mostly collect in mismatch gangs brandishing their assortment of weapons, most of them wearing little to no armor.

The twin black metal doors which are 30 feet tall and 15 feet wide each shake for but a moment more. Then another and several more times in succession. Finally the doors squeal open as they scrape across the stones in front of them as the doors fly to either side. A monstrous black being emerges made of flesh and shadow. Its flaming red eyes are flesh but seem to scorch down to your soul. Each of its arms are nearly as thick as your torso, clutching a wickedly sharp black blade. Its wings trail behind it as a clinging shadow until it gets 30 feet out. Then its wings spread out above it and seem to send an aura of despair and darkness. Its mouth is filled with jagged dark teeth. It looks from left to right looking for a target. It looks up at the burning sun and mutters an word and raises its left claw like hand and a mass of darkness appears 50 feet above the grounds and seems to stretch most of the way blocking out the sun.

One of the lads in leather breeches comes up to Frank rather lazily and states, "We train, we fight, but that THING is above any of our level. Luckily as long as we don't engage it or try to mess with it we are fine. Though the rogues never stick around for threat that they might get stamped on."

Once the darkness fully sets in the half fiend snorts and paces around with blade extended from its right hand menacing those as it walks. Its large black hoofs are leaving black marks on the dirt as it paces.

Frank you can feel the power of your belt charging up. You can feel the static charge building up.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

"Your welcome Joe. Being a Chosen of a goddess or god has its perks. Especially when you are allies and friends with her divine oracle. Ah and each of us have this lovely elixir to drink to help with our adjustments..." She offers up a flask holding about a cup of glowing yellow fluid. She continues with a whisper, "Ryada and I have each already drank ours and it is energizing and invigorating... as you requested: the elixir of Youthful Draught of Bodily restoration."

Drinking the elixir:
Upon chugging the cup of liquid energy it explodes into your body. Filling you with energy and stamina that you only felt in the prime of your previous life. For the next 24 hours you gain a temporary +4 on Constitution, Strength, and Dexterity. Once the 24 hours is up, your general composure is adjusted to that of the prime of your previous life with a +2 on two of your physical ability scores; your choice. Your body also reverts to your early 20s, or for those who are younger gain a few years to develop your body to a prime specimen.You think I am missing anything?


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe takes the offered cup with slight reverence. "Wow! The fabled Elixir!" The paladin offers the cup as a toast to the two ladies. "Cheers!" The holy warrior drinks the potion quickly, then almost drops the cup as the powerful brew begins to work. Joe staggers slightly, handing the cup back to Jellena. For Joe it felt as if a miniature sun began to erupt in his belly. Joe grunted loudly, eventually kneeling down in the middle of the hallway, his head bowed. Breathing heavily, Joe raised his head, pushing his hair out of his face.
Wait! Hair in my face?!
Joe stood quick, his knees no longer making that 'clicking' sound when he got up from kneeling or walking up steps. The paladin immediately noticed his armor fit strangely now. The holy warrior felt his hairline; it was back where it used to be.
"Mirror"! "I need a mirror!"
Joe turns back into his room and gazed at the half-length mirror on the wall. A person Joe hasn't seen in over 20 years looked back at him. His face youthful, without the wrinkles next to his eyes. Shoulder length full hair covered his ears and the back of his neck. With no modesty, Joe began to quickly remove his chest and shoulder armor, eventually having them drop at his feet. Then the paladin took off his undershirt. Before Joe was the reflection of his body as it never was. No belly, at all. His chest, arms, and shoulders covered with highly defined muscle.
"By..the Power of Grayskull!" Joe said, transfixed at his image in the mirror. Overjoyed, the holy warrior laughed with barely contained tears of joy in his eyes as he felt his legs under his armor. Suddenly, Joe's hands stop at his groin region. "No way!" Joe gasped. The paladin looked back at the astonished looks of the cleric and bard, and quickly turned away, running to a far corner of the room. "'Cuse me."
Joe Waskalis looked down his pants to witness another miracle.
"Holy F#<king $#|+!! It was never than big before!!" "Long time, no see slugger! Look who got an upgrade!" Joe spoke to his crotch. Slowly, the paladin was able to pull his gaze away from his pants and back to the mirror, flexing the muscles in his new, improved body.
"I can't believe it!" The holy warrior breathed. "It seems too good to be true!" The paladin laughed.


The angelic familiar flew from door frame to open door several times to watch his manic charge's transformation.
After Joe returned to the mirror to admire himself, Brandon looked down from the open door at the paladin and spoke.
"Congratulations, Joseph, on your more battle-ready, youthful self", the cassissian angel began with a cold flat tone. "But you must now be ever on guard against the capital vice of pride. Many young paladins have fallen into that snare and never returned!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank smiles at the man.

"I understand. I'm not hear to defeat that thing, just to sharpen my skills against it. If I die then it was my fault. Now step away if you don't want caught up in this."

Frank takes a few steps toward the guardian just enough to gain his attention.

"Guardian of the war temple. I am Frank Steel and I am here to become your student. Train me!"Treating this as Encouraging Roar as I'm sure the thing is going to attack me :)

Frank realizes things could get hairy real quick, he has to strike hard and fast and avoid dying in the process. He doesn't need to win just gain the creatures respect.

Frank puts one hand on his belt while holding forth his sword.

"Megingjord you doubled the strength of Thor. Give me the strength needed to fight."

Status: Encouraging Roar 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 rounds.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
|Brandon| wrote:
"Congratulations, Joseph, on your more battle-ready, youthful self", the cassissian angel began with a cold flat tone. "But you must now be ever on guard against the capital vice of pride. Many young paladins have fallen into that snare and never returned!"

The wide smile on youthful Joseph fades, as the paladin looks up at the angelic crow. "Yeah. Okay. I will do my best. And I hope both of you", the holy warrior says as he reaches down through the armor pieces to retrieve Excalibur, altering the scabbard strap to fit on his hip, "will help me remember that." From his temporary perch, Brandon nods solemnly.

Joe's smile returns, as he looks back into the hallway at Jellena and Ryada. The paladin surges forward and lifts both cleric and bard up in a joyous embrace, laughing all the way.
"Oh my god, ladies! I don't believe it! If this isn't the happiest day of my life, today must come as a close second!!"


The half fiend ogre snorts in Franks direction and then begins to advance upon him. Stopping with 10 feet between them, an easy reach for the large creature, it snorts out in a deep rumbling voice, "Why should I train you, what will I gain if you become one of my disciples? Then as an after thought it states, You reek of death."

Artemis did you do anything else, perhaps return to Sven to finish your training?

Silver Crusade

"Too true Brandon," he states flatly in response to the bird. Then later in a warmer tone he states, "That we will... I do want you to stay a paladin after all."

Rather without emotion he states later, "Hmm, boring. Still in town. Still no undead."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She was unprepared for being hugged, it was a bit awkward but then she slightly shrugged before embracing back, with a snicker attached to her words she says, "I am glad that you had such a wonderful transformation. To better survival!" Her words becoming genuine with the cheer.

"If you are done ogling yourself, we should collect the others and get to business. So much to do!" She states once the embrace is done and begins to walk away leading the group out of the temple. She stops if you don't follow.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She leans against the door post enjoying the transformation and is ready for the embrace when he lurches forward. Stating the obvious, "I am glad, you are overjoyed!"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
"If you are done ogling yourself, we should collect the others and get to business. So much to do!" She states once the embrace is done and begins to walk away leading the group out of the temple. She stops if you don't follow.

"Hold on!" Joe takes a few minutes to put his now ill-fitting armor back on. I'll have to see if I can get it resized.

The paladin emerges fully armored and with Excalibur and Brandon hitching a ride on his shoulders. "Ready!

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"I serve the goddess of death. I have become a chosen. My deeds will reflect upon my master. I am a warlord and you protect the temple of war. We will learn from one another."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


"Yes that is it. I task you with two quests only one need be done for you to become my disciple. First enter into the temple here and bring me the cobalt blue lamp beyond the red veil. Second bring me a feather of a dead celestial." It scoffs at you Frank. Then it twirls its blade around as if it were merely a stick and menacingly walked toward the barbarians.

I am not sure how Artemis and Frank will play out, but I will be moving forward. Continue to do interactions to catch up. Nothing you do should kill you.

The trio: Joe, Jellena, and Ryada travel by foot to the Tempest Wolf HQ. Upon entering they see Frank and Artemis waiting for them. Gregarious is manning the bar with no patrons in the building.


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

She happily comes forward plucking two large vials from her belt pouch with one hand. She offers them to Frank first and then Artemis as she says, "One for you and one for you! Youthful draughts of bodily restoration." She seems perfectly innocent in offering the vials. There is about a cup of liquid in each vial.

Drinking the elixir:

Upon chugging the cup of liquid energy it explodes into your body. Filling you with energy and stamina that you only felt in the prime of your previous life. For the next 24 hours you gain a temporary +4 on Constitution, Strength, and Dexterity. Once the 24 hours is up, your general composure is adjusted to that of the prime of your previous life with a +2 on two of your physical ability scores; your choice. Your body also reverts to your early 20s, or for those who are younger gain a few years to develop your body to a prime specimen.

Sense Motive DC 12:
You can tell she is perfectly at ease. Happy to share. She looks even better than before. Perhaps more youthful, or at least has a spring to her step.

Sense Motive DC 18/Perception DC 18:
You know she is stronger, her muscles visibly more lean and her whole body is toned much more. She has a confidence that she did not have before.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She follows with a knowing grin on her face. She obviously wants Ryada to interact with the others and she is watching.

Once the two drink their draughts and transformations are finished, and the men get control of themselves once more she gets down to business, "We have these super bonuses for the rest of the day, what should we do with them? To the undead scour back between here and New Beginnings?!"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Not wanting to spoil the surprise, Joe kept back; possible behind a door frame.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"I need your training now. I will bring you the feather but I have business to get back to. Teach me a lesson now."

Frank stands at the ready for his lesson.

trying to figure out how you want me to level. The game is advancing but if I go into the temple it seems I have a side quest which is fine, but I need to level my sheet and play along with the others in the main story. So how do you want to do this?

At HQ

Frank looks as the others approach the two women looking more fit and youthful.

"So this a gift from our goddess then? Another tool to aid us in this world. Bottoms up Art."

Frank takes the potion and feels some of the aches and pains of sport injuries go away as his body becomes similar to when he played football.

"Oh wow, back in my prime. Now this is power. Probably not a bad idea Jellena, we don't have any other current quest or missions right?"

Will be boosting Strength and Constitiution


The fiendish ogre quickly turns on the warlord, slashing lazily so that Frank can dodge it easily. Then it swings in a wing buffeting Frank to the ground. Now the lesson had begun. Through his preserverence the monster began to teach. After several minutes Frank was beaten black and blue from the lessons. The fiend was relentless and not merciful in being forced to work with Frank.

One of the barbarians would come to Frank and kneel at the opposite side of the monster. Then a prayer to continue the fight and Frank was healed. Though once he stood the cleric quickly backed up as the lessons continued. Through several long hour of beatings the clerics were out of spells and Frank would wake up the next morning in one of the lean tos. You wake up bandaged and cared for by one of the clerics as he hums to himself.
You can level up though you are at 1 hit point, you could sleep for another 8 hours and recover 2+con modifier.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

"I shouldn't have a bad feeling about this but I do..." Artemis would mumble to himself as he looks at Jellena and her grin, and then towards Frank. Looking at the potion and squinting gently at it, he raises it towards Frank a bit, "Bottoms up I guess... he states, before uncorking and downing the potion.

Waiting for the potion to take hold, Artemis would stretch and shift about, looking at the rest of the party. However, as he watches the rest of the party shrink relative to himself, Artemis would gently whistle as his physical changes more or less stop, Well, I was not expecting to grow taller... that's for sure..."

I'll choose Dexterity for both the temporary and the permanent buff.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Frank Steel wrote:
"Oh wow, back in my prime. Now this is power. Probably not a bad idea Jellena, we don't have any other current quest or missions right?"
Artemis Eule wrote:
Waiting for the potion to take hold, Artemis would stretch and shift about, looking at the rest of the party. However, as he watches the rest of the party shrink relative to himself, Artemis would gently whistle as his physical changes more or less stop, Well, I was not expecting to grow taller... that's for sure..."

"There are a great deal many things that were unexpected!" The voice called from behind a nearby doorframe.

From the doorframe jumps out a young man in heavy armor, who at first both sharpshooter and warlord barely recognize. Gone are the receding headline, round belly and flabby physique, replaced by a long full head of hair, smooth skin, and the body of a professional wrestler. A young Joe Waskalis greets Frank and Artemis in a huge embrace! As the holy warrior reaches out to hug his newly-transformed friends, a crow with pitch black wings flies off his shoulders to circle the assembly until the camaraderie ceases then lands back on the paladin's shoulder.
"Guys! I want to introduce you to someone." Joe motions to his avian companion. "This is Brandon! His preferred form is that of a crow, but he is in fact an cassissan angel, my familiar, and newest member of the team, other than Ryada!"
"Brandon, this is Frank Steel, The Mistress's newest warlord," the paladin motions to Frank. "And this is Artemis Eule, a 'dead eye' for The Goddess of Death and Rebirth", Joe says as he motions to the marksman.


The crow on Joe's shoulder bows to both Frank and Artemis. "A pleasure to meet you both." Looking to Joe, Brandon comments, "What a diverse array of abilities and callings we have at our disposal", Brandon speaks in a deep authoritative bass. "I look forward to seeing this team combat the forces of evil together!"
Brandon looks around the room, inquisitively, as if looking for someone.
"Joseph, I thought we were to meet another of our number? I wish to meet the Redeemed One."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe's eyebrows raise in surprise.
"You're right! Hey! Has anyone seem Delman lately?"


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would briefly look up, turning towards the door as Joe hugged him. Blinking for a few as Joe hugged him, Artemis's arms would hang a bit extended in shock as Joe embraced him. "Uh... Joe? Artemis asks both confused and awed, "Gods... you look so different, I grew and Frank... got stronger? But you... you got the works..." he trails off.

After the embrace, he would give a small wave towards the crow, "How do you do?" before just giving a simple shrug towards Joe, shaking his head no.

Liberty's Edge

"Your shady looking friend in the cloak came in this morning. I haven't seen him since. Also here is your pay for the job." He lays a bag of coins on the counter top.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Artemis Eule wrote:
Artemis would briefly look up, turning towards the door as Joe hugged him. Blinking for a few as Joe hugged him, Artemis's arms would hang a bit extended in shock as Joe embraced him. "Uh... Joe? Artemis asks both confused and awed, "Gods... you look so different, I grew and Frank... got stronger? But you... you got the works..." he trails off.

Joe laughed. "Well, you all were a lot closer to your prime than I was!"

Gregarious Hillfoot wrote:
"Your shady looking friend in the cloak came in this morning. I haven't seen him since. Also here is your pay for the job." He lays a bag of coins on the counter top.

"Thank you, Mr. Hillfoot", said the appreciative paladin.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis just shrugs, "Fair enough I suppose..." before shifting over towards the coins, beginning to count them up as he begins mentally dividing up the reward.


20 platinum, 50 gold, and 80 silver can be found in the leather bag.

901 to 950 of 1,949 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.