Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,735 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

A grumbling can be heard coming from the blade, "Apologize, say you were wrong." It says simply.


Round 14
The great beast gets up and begins to move into a flanking position with all the undead to you, leaving 25 feet between it and Artemis.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Round 14
Joe feels the positive energy wash over him with Jellena's touch.
"Thanks, Jellena", sighs the paladin.

Excalibur bane of Undead wrote:
A grumbling can be heard coming from the blade, "Apologize, say you were wrong." It says simply.

As quickly as the feeling of calm washes over the holy warrior, it evaporates into indignant rage as Joe repositions to face the giant beast.

"Are you f#<king kidding me??!! This is neither the time nor the place for this discussion! If we all die here, when do you think your next wielder will waltz by a black desert full of undead! 1000?! 2000 years?! Get your nonexistant ass in gear, before I drop you off at the next Lady in a Lake I find!!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Silver Crusade

"Time matters not. But the undead shall be SMITTEN!"

The sword's true power activates and calls all allies to its side then a greater positive pulse detonates turning the undead within 30 feet into dust.

3d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) + 15 = 24

Jellena, Delman, Frank, Ryada, and Artemis surround the paladin in a defensive formation as the holy energy dissipates.

greater positive pulse:
This spell causes a wave of positive energy to spread from you, damaging foes vulnerable to positive energy and bolstering living creatures. Each creature damaged by positive energy in the area (such as undead) must succeed at a Will save or take 3d6 points of damage, plus your caster level (+15). Haunts manifesting in the spell’s area also take this damage.

This spell does not heal creatures healed by positive energy; such creatures instead gain a +8 bonus on saving throws against death effects, energy drain, negative energy, and effects directly caused by haunts. This bonus lasts for 1 round.


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Round 14
Rifle Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12
Rifle Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Artemis, resisting the temptation to look behind him to see just how close the beast is now, aims and fires at Zombie 12, "On it Ryada!"


Artemis Eule wrote:

Round 14

[dice=Rifle Shot]1d20 + 4 + 2
[dice=Rifle Damage]1d10 + 2
Artemis, resisting the temptation to look behind him to see just how close the beast is now, aims and fires at Zombie 12, "On it Ryada!"

As you take aim a powerful magic collects you pulling you near Joe, then there is a wash of magical energy and you can see the zombie you would have shot and anything else undead within 30 feet of Joe is either burning or a pile upon the ground. You may re do your action.


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Round 14 Part 2
Rifle Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Rifle Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Artemis would yelp a bit as he is pulled near Joe, blinking a bit confused at what pulled him in before shrugging and shifting to his left, taking aim and firing at Zombie 16, "So, uh... who did that?" Artemis asks.
On the map, shouldn't Delman and Joe be swapped on the map due to Excalibur's action or is the map accurate?


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Artemis Eule wrote:
Artemis would yelp a bit as he is pulled near Joe, blinking a bit confused at what pulled him in before shrugging and shifting to his left, taking aim and firing at Zombie 16, "So, uh... who did that?" Artemis asks.

"I don't know how he did it, but Excalibur did it", Joe admits.

Silver Crusade

Indignantly the sword relays, "I have done it before, my dedicated power to eliminate undead. Also as a side perk to rally his allies to his side before laying a boost on them."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank moves over to stand by and protect Ryada.

He readies his blade for the next wave.

"The cat may be moving in since Ryada is down. On your guard."


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis nods, looking back towards the approaching cat a bit, "Well, hopefully it doesn't attack while we are preoccupied... but if it does, I still have a few surprises up my sleeves..." Artemis says, gesturing down towards his gun a little.


Round 14

The great wash of magic apparently is from Joe's sword and disintegrated most of the undead within 30 feet. Artemis fires but misses. Joe moves into a position to defend from the massive cat. Frank moves in to defend Ryada. Delman continues to well power. Jellena heals Joe with a mere touch.

The skeletons charge in though only a few get to attack. A scorch of fire burns Joe as the other attacks go wide. The giant cat moves along and then turns facing the group directly on the opposite side of the undead, its tail whipping from one side to the other.

attacks:

vs. Jellena
skeleton rusty sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

vs. Joe
fire skeletons 2

red skeleton scorch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
red skeleton scorch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22 dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Round 15
One last round before the fireworks and the massive horde of undead are upon you...

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Round 15

Tidal Blade: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + (4) = 19 (Damage to both to the right of Frank and Ryada)

"Well if the gods have purpose for us and the mistress wants to protect her chosen the time is here. If not. Until our next lives my friends."

Frank grits his teeth fighting with all he has as the horde approaches doing his best to shield his friends.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Frank Steel wrote:

Round 15

"Well if the gods have purpose for us and the mistress wants to protect her chosen the time is here. If not. Until our next lives my friends."

Round 15

"Yeah", the paladin grunts, "hopefully we'll take as many as we can out with us. Thank you all! And thanks Excalibur! It was fun while it lasted!"
Joe swings Excalibur diagonally through Zombie Z.
Excalibur w/Inspiring Shout: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Dmg.: 1d8 + 5 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (1, 2) + 2 = 17

Brandon, the celestial in crow form, regain his breath weapon and shoots it at the nearby Zombie Y.
Fire breath: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Reflex 12 for half damage


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Round 15
Rifle Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26
Rifle Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 [ooc]30 damage total[/dice]
Artemis shifts back a little, aiming towards Zombie 16 before firing, "Well, if it wasn't for the cat behind us, I'm sure we could have done a fighting retreat..." he laments.


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

I totally forgot about the confirmation roll, sorry about that.
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Round 15

Jellena smiles to those besides her and draws out her lightsaber, the black energy whizzing to life as she expands some ki with the moving of her other hand. She quickly slices two of the skeletons closest to her down. With an elated look she cries out to the Mistress.


Delman's magical well even seems to draw from each of you as you grow weak he moves, aiming his welled energy forward time seems to slow down. His outstretched palm merely shifts and it becomes quiet with the white noise of the gathered power blocking out the screams of the charging horde.

Then KADOOOSH!

The energy shoots forward leaving a displaced cylinder in the white sand, leaving you each invigorated as if you just drank that draught again. In its wake the undead turn to ash as well as anything not in good condition, you see most of the armor and weapons they wielded disappear as well.

The coffin 40 feet away is still there. The huge beast is still waiting behind. No undead within sight, and the horde is gone. Delman drops to the ground convulsing. Jellena drops as well but to more erotic reasons as she moans. Leaving the three of you to deal with the beast.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe's body once again becomes infused with regenerative energies. His mighty sinews begging to be put to the test against the dark beast before him. The horde was gone. Delman did it! There was only one opponent between his party and survival. The paladin grips the magical sword tight in his hands, not out of anger, but righteous determination. The Mistress's Paladin began to step forward, but was momentarily stopped by a small voice in his mind.
..Power without Temperance leads to Destruction..
At that moment, Joe remembered his mistake in Ferry Town, not seeing the Mayor for what he really was.
The cat didn't attack us, only the undead. It's big but not overly threatening. He could have attacked at anytime and wiped us out. I believe I see some intelligence behind his eyes. Dammit, Joe. YOU ARE NOT A MURDER HOBO! YOU'RE A PALADIN OF GOOD!
The paladin quickly jabs Excalibur into the black sand, and raises his hand to the large dark blue beast and casts detect evil on the creature.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

This is only if the skull is still present on the cat. If not Frank delays keeping guard over his fallen allies.

Round 16

Frank's mind wanders a moment at first in disbelief and then to Jellena. His thoughts are anything but pure. He quickly corrects his focus back to the beast though as he seeks to protect his friends. He jets in moving like a cat himself evading any attacks from the creature.

Not sure if attack can be directed at the skull or if the skull is still in play after the energy wave. If so the attack will go at the skull.

"Megingjörð I summon the power of Thor to protect my friends. For Asgard"

Brave Gambit w/ Panthera on the Hunt: 1d20 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 29Have the -2 for drawback being 10' from downed allies
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 + 2 + (3) = 16

Remember everyone has +2 morale to attack and damage until round 18, this round it will be +2 to attack and +3 to damage because of gambit. Regains everything but Panthera on the Hunt


Round 16

Frank charges forward and aims at the skull upon the cat's head. With precision he pierces it and it falls from the huge beast's head. The feline looks like it is hissing at Frank but then it backs off and does it's best to lick the wounds on its head, a two or three foot long tongue.

Joe:
The beast does not detect of evil.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe shouts across the battlefield. "IT'S NOT EVIL! Stop! STOP! IT'S NOT EVIL!"
The paladin cautiously approaches the injured beast. "C-can you understand me?"


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would wait to see what Joe would do as he reloads his weapon, keeping a weary eye on the beast as Frank attacks. Hearing Joe shout however, Artemis would frown a little, lowering his gun just a little as he withholds firing on the cat, for now.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Stop what? I had no intention to attack this thing. Just defend myself."

Frank then looks to the creature.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Frank approaches after pulling a bit of dry jerky from one of his rations.

"Good kitty." He extends a hand ready to jerk back or away to not lose it if then thing gets aggressive.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

The paladins smiles, pleased to see someone with beastcraft experience taking the lead.
"Come on, Frank! You can do it!" Joe whispers encouragingly.


The cat begins to growl looking from Frank to Joe and back to Frank, then in response to Joe's thoughts it says, "Perhaps if I was some common beast. Though Jerky does sound good. All this rotten flesh has surely made my appetite more voracious." As it talks it plucks the jerky from Frank's offered hand with one claw, sniffs it, and chews on it a bit then swallows. He backs off with only its head as if startled and politely says, "Where are my manners, I am Midnight. Thank you for taking off that dreadful cursed skull, the jerky, and not attacking. And you are..." It trails off waiting for the group to introduce themselves.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Jellena recovers first smiling as she does. Collecting her items first, the lightsaber which switches off when not in her hand, then any other items that may have escaped her grasp during her... ahem... response.

She moves over to Ryada and helps her to her feet, checking on her mental and physical state. After a quick reassurance she seems fine. Then checking on Delman. Taking a 10 on heal = 17 she checks on Delman and lets Ryada and Artemis that, "He is only exhausted, with some rest or two lesser restoration spells he will be right as rain."

Then she looks over at the talking beast and the others...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

A bit more blurry eyed than Jellena she stands with her help and lets herself be checked answering any questions easily and clearly but wouldn't be able to defend herself properly should she need to fight. Then she watches Jellena and the beast talking... though she sees Joe and just stares...

Sense motive DC 5:
She stares longingly at Joe. Without abandon in her blurry state.

Sense motive DC 15:
You can read her intentions towards Joe, she has the hots for him. That jaw line, the muscles, the schlong...


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Midnight. wrote:
"Perhaps if I was some common beast. Though Jerky does sound good. All this rotten flesh has surely made my appetite more voracious." As it talks it plucks the jerky from Frank's offered hand with one claw, sniffs it, and chews on it a bit then swallows. He backs off with only its head as if startled and politely says, "Where are my manners, I am Midnight. Thank you for taking off that dreadful cursed skull, the jerky, and not attacking. And you are..." It trails off waiting for the group to introduce themselves.

With a sigh of relief, Joe continues Midnight's train of thought. "We are The Night Hawks, a band of adventurers containing The Mistress's Chosen."

Joe continues this conversation as we walks around the group, making sure they are okay. "As Chosen of The Goddess of Life and Death, we were on a holy mandate to destroy as many undead in this area as possible.." The holy warrior checks on Delman, getting the lowdown from a recovered Jellena. "We did expect to come across anything living, much less anything as.. large as you.."
The paladin makes his way over to the elven bard, hoping she did not break her leg as she fell.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
While trying to continue the conversation with Midnight, Joe is startled by the look of longing in the teary eyes of Ryada. Still gazing back at the bard, the holy warrior stammers, "Uh..at first we thought you..were in..cahoots..with the undead as they didn't seem to attack you, but..um, I, I mean..we, WE finally noticed.. you did not attack us at our most vulnerable."
Still caught off guard, Joe leans down at Ryada and whispers, "Um, are you alright? Anything broken?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Frank nods and smiles.

"Yep all of what ol'Joe there said. I'm Frank. Frank Steel. How long were you enslaved to that thing Midnight?"


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Whimsically she relays to Joe starry eyed, "No... nothing broken..."

She shakes her head visibly trying to become more alert. She courtesies to the giant feline while introducing herself, "I am Ryada, bard extraordinaire."


Being rather technical as the black tiger with midnight blue stripes thought out loud in response to Frank, "Enslaved, no. Well I guess you could say that. Some curse of sorts plus as I grew it tightened, also it made me not able to change size. More maddened and enraged, still in my own mind well my primitive beastie mind, more running on instincts that was."

Then focusing on the group more as Frank introduces himself the tiger diminishes in size to merely large, a bit relieved he stretches and responds, "Ahhh that feels much better, nice to meet you Frank. Night Hawks, I like your group name, it matches you and your mascot."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She leaves Delman's sleeping body face up in the white sand, there is some black sand but that color is residing from the holy blast and continues to do so. Walking forward she smiles at the tiger her own pleasing smile and waves her hand to the side as she introduces herself, "I am Jellena Darkling, Oracle and Chosen of the Mistress. I am glad we did not have to fight you. Will you be joining us for a while?" diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Midnight. wrote:
Then focusing on the group more as Frank introduces himself the tiger diminishes in size to merely large, a bit relieved he stretches and responds, "Ahhh that feels much better, nice to meet you Frank. Night Hawks, I like your group name, it matches you and your mascot."

"Our masco..?" the paladin sputters as Brandon rests back on the armored shoulder of the holy warrior. Looking up into the skies above, Joe silently groans to himself, "He's..he's not a hawk. He's a crow.."

"Well, Midnight. I am Joe Waskalis, a paladin of The Mistress, of whom we still need to keep an appointment with. We are to find some rest or sanctuary in a cave west of here. Jellena, if you can't rouse Delman, I'll carry him to our destination."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"I'm glad your free now. Tell me Midnight have you seen any of the blue four legged creatures around some ruins? They are supposedly an enemy to these undead as well. We would like to make contact and see to closing the rift here to end this undead plague upon the land. We would love to have have travel with us and assist if you would like."

While talking Frank begins collecting up the burning stones from all the fallen fire skeletons.

"Jellena you needed these right? Someone paying for them back in town?"


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would, after a bit of talking would fully lower his weapon, placing it on his back as he looks at the now large beast. Giving a small wave towards the friendly tiger, Artemis would introduce himself, "Artemis Eule here, Gun Chemist at your service." He gives a small bow towards Midnight before rising back up.

After introducing himself to Midnight, Artemis would assist Frank in picking up the stones, calling out to Jellena, So, uh, how exactly did you get the the combat rifle? Because I'm wondering if you can do that, but for additional ammunition chambered for both rifles. At the rate we are fighting, I'm going to be out of ammunition soon and well," he gulps a little to make a point, "There a reason historically bayonet charges were primarily done once armor was more or less phased out of the battlefield..."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Simply stating in response to Frank, "Yes, the fire stones of the burning skeletons, the femurs of the something, black crystals from the lightning strikes, is that right, wasn't there other things?"

Then she thinks out loud before answering Artemis a bit apprehensive, "Let me check my list, Artemis the rifle was a boon from the Mistress. The rifle uses a spell to remake the ammo you use, if your ammo isn't magical I could make a wand of the spell."

Sense Motive DC 16:
She isn't fully being honest
bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Sense Motive DC 26:
You know the rifle did not come from the Mistress.


Sighing a bit more as he stretches he lazily responds to Frank, "The four legged blue abberations... I think they would try to eat you. Yeah I have a favor to repay since you freed me. I may not fight unless it looks tasty."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Hearing the word 'tasty' leave my jaws of the intelligent large creature, Joe takes a moment to offer one of his trail rations to Midnight.
"It's not much, but I hope it helps", said the paladin, offering an unwrapped ration in front of large blue cat.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Ah, well was hoping the old enemy of my enemy may make them allies. We need to close the Rift either way. If we can make contact and get there help all the better but perhaps we don't need it. The rift is around the ruins they inhabit though right? Contact may be unavoidable."


He shrugs and slowly unwraps the ration with its claws. Pulling out what it wants and eating it after saying, "It can't hurt your odds. Yes Frank contact is likely unavoidable but the rift you speak of is not in the library. In the ruins but not in the nest of the blue things."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She checks on Delman again then nods to Joe, "Yes carry him Joe. I don't have anything to restore him and from what I remember it might take the whole day not just 8 hours rest." She looks and collects what items she can find for her list and points out, "Anyone up for dragging a magical coffin, it might be worth the drag."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

Ryada a bit out of it still merely walks with the group.


The group collects items on the list and possibly more then heads West. Soon you find the cave with a perception DC 18.

Within the cave you find it rather cold or the change from the hot sand is just such a contrast. After 50 feet you near the back of the wind carved cave, the walls are smooth, finding the white sandstone with lots of light colors infused in the stone. The last 20 feet of the cave descends slowly into a pool of water with a light emanating from the far wall. At the back wall it is about 3 feet deep. Touching the light you find it metal and fixed into the wall under the water.

Entering the water:
You feel as your body is invigorated but nothing compared to the draught. You gain 2 temporary hitpoints and 1 point to constitution permenately.


As you get to the cave the large cat 'puffs' into blue smoke and exits a small blue tiger cub. In a cute baby growl he rushes into the cave first and you find him swimming in the water.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
She checks on Delman again then nods to Joe, "Yes carry him Joe. I don't have anything to restore him and from what I remember it might take the whole day not just 8 hours rest." She looks and collects what items she can find for her list and points out, "Anyone up for dragging a magical coffin, it might be worth the drag."

The paladin smiles under the weight of the unconscious warlock. "What? Delman's not enough!?"

Ryada wrote:
Ryada a bit out of it still merely walks with the group.

Noticing the bard is still out of sorts, Joe offers his shoulder to the exhausted elf maiden.

"You know, Ryada. We've been so busy, we haven't had a chance to chat." The holy warrior begins some encouraging dialogue with the party's bard.

Questions/Comments to Ryada:

1. "First off, I wanted to say that I like your singing. Especially along with the Horde. I've never heard Celestial sung before, but I instantly recognized it as you sung. That was great! Very inspiring!"
2. "I have a few indelicate questions, but I can't think of a better way to ask: Not that is matters to me, but we met inside New Faces, so I gotta ask, did you start out as an elf, or take advantage of the city's services and become someone else?"
3. "And if you are a full-blooded elf, how much older than me are you? I'm..", Joe looks down at his body, easily carrying an unconscious warlock, and leading a female elf, "chronologically 45."

GM Wolf wrote:

The group collects items on the list and possibly more then heads West. Soon you find the cave with a perception DC 18.

Within the cave you find it rather cold or the change from the hot sand is just such a contrast. After 50 feet you near the back of the wind carved cave, the walls are smooth, finding the white sandstone with lots of light colors infused in the stone. The last 20 feet of the cave descends slowly into a pool of water with a light emanating from the far wall. At the back wall it is about 3 feet deep. Touching the light you find it metal and fixed into the wall under the water.

This place was mentioned by the Goddess, so it must be holy, if not special, Joe ponders as he enters the cave. The paladin is hit with inspiration as he slowly but deliberately walks into the blue waters, still holding Delman. Joe walks only halfway in, hoping the restorative waters awaken his warlock friend.


Male Human | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis looks over at Joe before turning his gaze towards the coffin. "Don't worry Joe, I got the coffin," Artemis calls out as he walks over and begins dragging the coffin behind him.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

As the group approaches the cave, Artemis would make sure to point it out to the rest of the party, continuing to drag the coffin behind him. Taking the coffin down with them into the cave, Artemis would watch Joe enter the water with Delman, soon taking a seat near the water as he tries to relax.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 56/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Joe, Artemis if either of you get tired I can help as well."

At the Pool:

Frank watches as the new cat friend swims around. Hot from fighting and walking through the desert he strips down and enters the pool for a refresh and to wash some stink off.

"This cave seems as good of place as any to rest for the night. Easy to guard, but we could get trapped inside."


Vital:
HP: 17/15 | AC: 16_ T: 13_ FF: 13 | Perception +6, Initiative: +3 | Fort: +0 _ Ref: +6 _ Will: +2 (+4 vs. ench) | CMB: +1, CMD: 14, Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +7 Appraise +6, Bluff +8, Climb +4, Diplomacy +7, Escape Artist +6, K (Nature) +9, K all +3, Perform (Sing) +8 , Ride +2 , Sense Motive +8, Stealth +7, Survival +1, Swim -1, Use Magic +7

The coffin weighs 5000 pounds, Artemis would struggle with dragging it.

Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:


"You know, Ryada. We've been so busy, we haven't had a chance to chat."

1. "First off, I wanted to say that I like your singing. Especially along with the Horde. I've never heard Celestial sung before, but I instantly recognized it as you sung. That was great! Very inspiring!"
2. "I have a few indelicate questions, but I can't think of a better way to ask: Not that is matters to me, but we met inside New Faces, so I gotta ask, did you start out as an elf, or take advantage of the city's services and become someone else?"
3. "And if you are a full-blooded elf, how much older than me are you? I'm..", Joe looks down at his body, easily carrying an unconscious warlock, and leading a female elf, "chronologically 45."

She obviously blushes at Joe's compliment and physically coos a bit holding her hands and lifting up her shoulders one at a time slowly. Then she responds warmly, "I am glad you were inspired." A bit shaken up by the question she answers honestly, "That is a good question knowing the town. Yes I was born an elf. Well technically in relation of humans to elves you would be older as I am only shy of 200 years."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 21 |F: +9, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/Godling (clever)/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Ryada wrote:
"That is a good question knowing the town. Yes I was born an elf. Well technically in relation of humans to elves you would be older as I am only shy of 200 years."

"Wow!" The paladin said amazed. "You could have fooled me. You look amazing, no where near showing your age.." The holy warrior then shakes his head and does a little facepalm. 'And YET, you did just recently drink the Youthful Draught..silly me."

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,735 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.