Arcanium ~ A New World

Game Master BloodWolven

Present Quick fight!

Fight Map!!!

You have died and the gods have decided for one reason or another to give you another chance. This chance is to start anew as you are with a special ability in a mystical world of monsters and adventure.

It is an Isekai game, a reference to a situation in which characters find themselves transported to an alternate dimension or universe.


801 to 850 of 1,981 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

I know I have been pushing us forward and certain things may have not been seen like giving up your weapons. In this case Joe should do a diplomacy check to see if he can merit his way in with his weapon. Artemis gave up his musket. Frank can try to use diplomacy or another route as well to come in with his weapon. This will impact the fight so the fight is on hold until these actions are taken by Joe and Frank. Otherwise the two of them did not come into the mansion.

Artemis was able to mess with the boat to put it back into its box form, luckily he did not make it bigger! LOL! 'Rolled on my table.'


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
GM Wolf wrote:
I know I have been pushing us forward and certain things may have not been seen like giving up your weapons. In this case Joe should do a diplomacy check to see if he can merit his way in with his weapon. Artemis gave up his musket. Frank can try to use diplomacy or another route as well to come in with his weapon. This will impact the fight so the fight is on hold until these actions are taken by Joe and Frank. Otherwise the two of them did not come into the mansion.

That's more than fair.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Joe's interaction with house guard:
"Gentlemen" unless both men and women are members of the house guard: "Guardsmen", I am a holy paladin. If there is anyone you want to still retain their weapon while on this estate, it's the likes of me."


The guards nod and appear to agree letting Joe keep his weapon. They frown a bit waiting for Frank.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Surprise Round

Jellena with her charismatic smile looks startled at the drawing of the blades and raises her hand to her mouth, "Oh dear! What is this about?"

Round 1
She is going to try to persuade them to become more friendly, diplomacy check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24, "I never said anything about your lord. I felt that the girl would be more open talking about why she is so nervous about outside of the mansion. At this point I would say you are sullying your lord's name by drawing a blade on some of his guests!' As she does the small cylindrical item, the off lightsaber, is slowly taken off her belt and rests in her hand, the one not next to her face.


Frank then likely gives over his weapon truly never being disarmed.

Initiatives - Round 1:

guard init: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Jellena init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Frank init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Joe init: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Artemis init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


One of the guards looks to the other, as the other says, "You said, is she being forced to stay here? Meet us outside so we don't make a scene. Explain yourself, I will not let you sully our lord's name." The two of them draw their blades, one unsure of himself looking to the one talking.

Round 1
Frank is able to disarm one of the guards that drew his blade. "Well, I guess... Hey! What are you doing?!" He seems to see what Jellena is saying until Frank disarms one of the guards. The other guards draw their blades as well aiming them at the group.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Round 2

She raises her hands up trying to diffuse the situation, diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14, "He is just doing his job, protecting me. You don't think they are along for their pretty faces. I need strong men to protect me. Frank give the nice man his sword."

Assuming Frank complies, she then sweetly says, "Now where were we, ah yes. Miss please tell us why you are so nervous."


The guards put their weapons away as they nod at Jellena's statement.

"All the weapons miss. May I go?" She says nervously.

Another of the guards an older man then says, "If you have no other business we will escort you out."

Travis shakes his head very quiet during the whole ordeal and gets up at the older guards suggestion.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Round 1
Relaxing a bit as he doesn't notice the initial cues in the surprise round, Artemis would quickly choke a bit on the wine he was sipping, setting the glass down and backing away from the guards, not wanting to get hit while he is defenseless as swords are drawn and disarmed.
Round 2
Recovering a bit of his wits, Artemis would look toward the Jellena and Joe before looking back at the guards, refraining from asking questions as he processes what just happened, "Ok then..."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Holding the magic sword out in a defensive stance, the paladin barks, "We are leaving. NOW."
Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


One guard leads the way, opening doors to let the group leave. The other guards follow, if Joe does not put his sword away they will draw their swords as well. In under a minute you find yourselves collecting your weapons from the guards at the front and on the road before the wall of the mansion.

Perception DC 18:
You see the maid up to the North side of the wall hiding in some bushes. She waves at the group a few times. Her position makes it so the guards at the front can't see her.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
"I think we should head back to The Mistress's temple to collect ourselves", recommended Joe. "Thank goodness those guards were more scared of Excalibur then they were of us."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Artemis nods as he picks up his rifle, "Yeah, that would be a good idea," he thinks for a moment before sighing, "Next time, remind me to keep my rifle if at all possible just in case something like that happens again..."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"You got it, Artemis", confirms the paladin. "Jeez, do I have to detect evil everyone who's either rich and/or in some position of authority in this world?!"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Don't worry Artemis I wouldn't let them hurt you. Did you see how scared the guard was when I grabbed his weapon. If we deal with them any more I'm sure most of the attention will be on me. Wait you guys see that? Follow me."

Frank casually leads the group off toward where he saw the maid waiving.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis thinks for a moment, "Yes," before looking towards Frank and raising an eyebrow, not sure what Frank was fully on about. Turning and giving Joe a small shrug, Artemis would soon follow the warlord towards the bushes.


Following the maid that was in the bush around the corner out of sight of the guards she confesses in hushed tones, ”I don’t want to speak ill of the lord, especially in front of the guards. He has been different since his last raid into the mine. The guards have been nervous since then as well. The two girls you spoke of came but Veronica was able to slip away. I have not seen Jillian... I fear for the worse. Lady Rothberg passed away no more than six months ago. No one has been allowed weapons in since the splitting of Lord Rothberg’s party. Now I am sure there will be a strict ban.”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"Are you safe in there?" Joe question the maid.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"How is he different? Did he do something where he feels retaliation against him?"


"It is... I believe... most of the guards are good men. I am sure I am safe." She says in response to Joe analyzing exactly how safe she really is within the mansion's walls. "I am... he seems to have less emotional eyes. He doesn't look at the help anymore. I don't know exactly what happened to his allies or his adventuring group. Likely some sort of falling out, you might learn more about the Purple Displacers at the taverns or the adventuring guild." She relays in response to Frank.

Sense Motive DC 12:
You think she is being honest with her opinions.

Sense Motive DC 15:
You can tell she is answering the best she can but she obviously does not have all the answers and her opinions might not be fact.

Travis offers casually, "Since Jillian has not been seen, that could likely because she shifted out of the plane in order to leave another way. It seems there are lots of unanswered questions now."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

GM Wolf wrote:
Travis offers casually, "Since Jillian has not been seen, that could likely because she shifted out of the plane in order to leave another way. It seems there are lots of unanswered questions now."

"Answer for another day, I hope", Joe answers. "It doesn't appear anyone's in dire peril here. If everyone is amicable, let's head back to The Mistress's Temple to figure out how we are all to level."

Sense Motive 20:
Joe seems more grumpier than normal, like the paladin has a lot on his mind.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

She nods after Joe's assessment, calmly and politely she tells the maid, "Thank you for being so brave. Go now, we will take care of this when the time is right. Do keep your ear open for any more information." Giving the gal another hug she waits for the maid to leave then goes the other way with the group.

Looking at Travis she shrugs her shoulders and relays some of her thoughts, "Yes, another day. We do need to level up, figure out a few things, get you your spells, look for a good way to make money, and check on those still in the temple. Jillian would likely be where if she was free of the mansion and does she shift through walls or what, Travis?"


The maid looks relieved and thanks the group before hurrying through the bushes and the secret door before closing it behind her to go back to work.

As the group likely moves towards the temple, Travis explains what he knows, "Jillian can shift through a lot of things, not sure exactly what the special ability is or how it works but she got it when she came to these lands, she is an Outsider as the rest of us were born here. Jillian is likely with Veronica at a bar, perhaps her bar. Jillian has been influenced by the 'bad girl's' antics."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"With that ability, Jillian might be this world's next greatest burglar..or assassin", Joe chimed in. With a deep sigh, the paladin added to Jellena, "I'm ready to meet The Mistress when you are."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"That is some ability indeed. We will go look for her once we hone our power a little more. Thank you."


Back at the temple of death, Travis stays with his group. Checking in on them it seems there will be no lasting effects on their physical bodies.


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Before his appointment with The Mistress, Joe visits all the survivors; making sure they are well, and making sure all his teammates as doing just as well.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would take note of the Outsider remark but would keep his mouth shut, preferring to talk to Jillian a little bit once they find her. Returning back to the Temple, as Joe checks over the survivors and the group, Artemis would give him a thumbs up when it comes time to check him, "Don't worry about me, that fall from when we were in the sewers was nothing, really." He gives a smile, "I'm a little sore, but its nothing a night's sleep can't handle..."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Artemis Eule wrote:
Returning back to the Temple, as Joe checks over the survivors and the group, Artemis would give him a thumbs up when it comes time to check him, "Don't worry about me, that fall from when we were in the sewers was nothing, really." He gives a smile, "I'm a little sore, but its nothing a night's sleep can't handle..."

"Thanks great to hear, man" Joe smiles. "Listen, we all have bad days. Don't beat yourself up if not a lot of shots connected. We're new to this 'heroes of Arcanium' thing. Tomorrow will be better."

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

once they are all in a place they can talk without others hearing Frank will bring something up.

"So I'm guessing you all heard them say outsider too. How many may be here? I don't like it. We as humans are pretty corruptible with power. To come to a place like this with a power like that my mind does not lead to good things. We need to watch each others back as we stay here. Make sure none of us go down a dark path." He looks to Joe.

"Glad we got a paladin with us." He smiles.

"So how do we level up?"


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Frank Steel wrote:

"So I'm guessing you all heard them say outsider too. How many may be here? I don't like it. We as humans are pretty corruptible with power. To come to a place like this with a power like that my mind does not lead to good things. We need to watch each others back as we stay here. Make sure none of us go down a dark path." He looks to Joe.

"Glad we got a paladin with us." He smiles.

Joe nods in agreement.

Frank Steel wrote:
"So how do we level up?"

"For some of you guys, you need to find a class trainer", the paladin remembers. "Another thing to think about is if you want divine or arcane orisons. Jellena thought it was important to do. Like I said earlier, I lead those who want arcane orisons to the fountain and ask Zenli to train you as she trained me." Joe stops awkward and continues. "But..first I wanna find a decent florist..to pick up some flowers..maybe a nice bottle of wine.., but first we need to turn in the goblin ear bounty; get some walking-around money."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would nod, "Sounds good to me, after we do that, I can just go down and learn from Sven. Considering he just wants to see my rifle, I think it is going to be a fair trade."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

"Artemis, let me know if you need more funds for your ammo crafting. I'll offer what I can", Joe grinned. "I have a funny feeling one of your bullets just might save my life someday."


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis nods, "Will do Joe," cracking a small smile back, "I make no promises on what condition you will be after saving your life, but yes, I'll do my best to save your life."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Jellena looked at Joe and the others, ”Well I am going to lay it out for you all. I can easily sweeten up becoming a Chosen of the Mistress of Death for any and all of you. So why don’t you all come to the meeting and you can make your choice from there. Also it would make it a lot easier if we were all in the same familia.”

With either your decision to follow along or not, Jellena leads Joe to the main hall. Then taking him back into a well cushioned room with lots of incense burning. Before anything else happens Jellena relays, ”The Mistress will inhabit one of the oracles, you first need to guess which one she is, if you were not an Outsider and coming to ask to join and guessed wrong you would be dismissed.”

Then at Jellena’s word she sits in the middle of the room and begins to pray. Four young nimble scantily clad women come into the room appearing to only wear scarves and veils. The one in white scarves begins to juggle small balls of fire. The one with black scarves giggles as she dances around the room, finally stopping next to Joe, still dancing and begins to put her hands on his shoulders then chest. The one in blue scarves dances with a scythe and then stands next to the door at attention. The final woman in red scarves dances around the room and tries to get one of you to dance with her.

Liberty's Edge

As you walk into the guild house Gregarious shouts out to you, ”So I hear congradulations are in order! Rescued the whole group and plenty of ears to boot!”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Despite all the distractions, Joe closes his eyes to concentrate. With over 20 years of mediation practices under his belt, the paladin considers what he has seen, and looks inside his heart for the answer.
The holy warrior opens his eyes, and respectfully disengages himself with the black scarfed beauty, and walks to the center of the room to kneel before the supplicating Jellena.
"Greetings, Mistress. My name is Joseph Waskelis", the paladin says to Jellena.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Silver Crusade

HP: 33/31_ AC: 23 _ T: 15 _FF: 19_ Perception +1_Sense Motive +5[/ooc]_Init: +5_Fort: +11_Ref: +11_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 17_Speed: 30
Skills:
Acrobatics +6_Bluff +9 _ Climb -1 _ Dip +9 _ Escape Artist +5 _ HA +9 _ Heal +5 _ Intim +9 _ K (Arc, rel) +4 _ Ride +5_ Stealth +5 _ Survival +1 _ UMD +10 _ Swim -1

Even now he seems more shell shocked than most.

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"I'm fine with anything that gives us and edge while here. What does becoming a chosen mean Jellena?"

Frank ask curiously before agreeing.


Male Half-Fiend | HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +1, CMD: 12 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +6, SM: +2 Gun Chemist/3rd | Speed 30ft (30) Fly Speed 60ft (Good) | Active Conditions: None

Artemis would agree, if only to see what Jellena had to offer as being a Chosen of the Mistress of Death. As Joe picks Jellena, Artemis raises an eyebrow, briefly looking at the assembled oracles before back to Joe, a bit confused on his choice.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

Jellena does her best in being calm and concise in relaying what she knows, ”Being a Chosen means you are part of an organization, typically one of religoius backing with a diety that has been stripped of many of her divine powers. You likely want to know why a diety would do this. They gain other powers to imbune into their familia. Many dieties have done so to have a direct impact on the flow of power in the material realm. Being a Chosen means you are protected and protect your familia, including clergy and any others in the familia. Chosen are champions of the church and diety, going forth on missions for the church. Typically an adventuring party is only made of one familia. As you accomplish missions and level up you will be blessed with extra powers or enhancements. Also the resources of the church are open to you with a minimal interest if any, especially compared to other organizations.”

At the meeting with the goddess Jellena smiles at Joe. She opens her eyes which are now utterly black with a glow of white around them, speaking with an otherworldly voice with profound power, ”Good job paladin, I see your senses and wisdom serve you well. Now what questions do you have my potential Chosen?”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
At the meeting with the goddess Jellena smiles at Joe. She opens her eyes which are now utterly black with a glow of white around them, speaking with an otherworldly voice with profound power, ”Good job paladin, I see your senses and wisdom serve you well. Now what questions do you have my potential Chosen?”

"Many and diverse, Mistress", Joe smiles back at the channeled being. "One you have already answered: you have no issue with communication with benevolent channeled beings or spirits."

For brevity's sake, I'll spoiler the rest of Joe's questions
Questions:
1) Where is your divine domain located in the cosmos?
2) If I were to leave this mortal coil for good in your service, would my spirit travel to your realm or to another good-aligned plane for my eternal rest?
3) Are you opposed to me praying to other deities I now know exist? I feel a responsibility to Delman and Heironenous reached out to bring Delman back.
4) Have you had paladins in your service before? If so, do you have a paladin code that you would wish me to follow?
5) Can you tell me anything about the people I left on Earth? Cyndy? My family?
6) Were I to follow you, would you allow me to have Youthful Draught of Bodily Restotution as a kind of signing bonus? I hear it's a speciality of the faith.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

”I hold sway above sorting souls. As a Chosen of mine your home for your soul would be in the Great Above, if your soul is strong enough you shall continue to serve. I will allow you to pray to Heironeous, is there others you wish to venerate? I have had several paladins in my service before not many, most have troubles with my nuetrality. As a paladin in my service you will need to choose either a lawful or good code. Your first edict under my service is to make your cose of conduct. As you prove your worthiness I can relay information from your previous life or more. Yes, each of you will be given a Youthful Draught of Bodily Restoration upon joining the ranks of the Chosen as well as an enhancement, and some spending money.”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12

Joe nods as he taking in the wisdom of The Mistress. "Thank for allowing me permission to commune with Heironenous. I hope to gleam wisdom from any god or goddess of good. But veneration would be to the one I choose the serve."
The paladin, still kneeling, unsheaths Excalibur and lays the magic sword between himself and The Mistress.
"If you would have me, I wish to pledge my service to you; Mistress, Goddess of Life, Death, and Rebirth. For as long as I live, and I imagine, even beyond, I shall strive to walk a path of good and neutrality, in your name." Joe bows his head, awaiting the channeled being's response.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

”I will accept your pledge,” she states in the otherworldly voice. Laying her hand on his chest a white circle with a black scythe appears above his heart, the size of Joe’s palm. Then she continues, ”Rise Joeseph Waskalis, Chosen paladin of good. Now for the others...” she then turns towards Frank or Artemis whoever speaks up first.

Once the meeting is done Jellena leads the group out and down some stairs to an armory. With a smile and her normal silky smooth voice she suggests, ”Each of you have an allowance of 50 gold per month. I suggest you take armor out on loan.”


The obvious greying armorer in the armory comes up in a leather apron, green leggings, and a oil smudged brown tunic. He seems to be in his thirties and very muscular. Pulling on his thick red moustache, the only hair apparently not greying, he looks at your group curiously. Then catching onto Jellena’s words he offers in good nature, ”Yes, yes, we can’t have our Chosen go out unprotected.”


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
Jellena Darkling wrote:
Once the meeting is done Jellena leads the group out and down some stairs to an armory. With a smile and her normal silky smooth voice she suggests, ”Each of you have an allowance of 50 gold per month. I suggest you take armor out on loan.”

Walking down the steps to the armory, Joe can't help but look back up the stairs with want in his eyes. The newly-commissioned paladin of the Mistress asks Jellena, "So..uh, do you know who the naked dancers were? I feel we had a.. connection, and I'd, well, we", Joe motioned to the warlord, sniper and warlock", "like to thank them personally, after a fashion."


Male Human |HP: 39/39 | DR 5/cold iron |AC: 20 (10 Tch, 20 Fl) (AC: 24, w/shield)| CMB: +5, CMD: 17 |F: +10, R: +9, W: +9| Init: +2 Paladin/3rd | Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Lay on Hands 4/4x a day|Perc: +12, SM: +8, Diplo +10, Heal + 12
GM Wolf wrote:
The obvious greying armorer in the armory comes up in a leather apron, green leggings, and a oil smudged brown tunic. He seems to be in his thirties and very muscular. Pulling on his thick red moustache, the only hair apparently not greying, he looks at your group curiously. Then catching onto Jellena’s words he offers in good nature, ”Yes, yes, we can’t have our Chosen go out unprotected.”

Joe walks up and shakes the armorer's hand and introduces himself. After courtesies have been exchanged, the holy warrior states, "Honestly, anything better than this leather armor would be great at this point. Also, I'm not sure if I ask you, but can I also have a tabard of The Mistress? You know, something with her colors and holy symbol on it?"

Silver Crusade

Male HP 51/54 | AC: 27 /T: 21 /FF: 16 | Perc. +6 | F: +9 / R: +3 /W: +5 | CMB +14 | CMD 35 | Speed 30ft (40ft and scent), Fly 60ft(80ft) Average | Init. +8|

"Hello Mistress. I took this path as my next adventure. As an outsider here I will use all I can to stay alive and battle the dark forces. I will join your crusade for good and pledge my ability and life to you and my companions if you will have it."

Frank kneels and offers his service.

Frank simply smiles at Joe's remarks thinking about the times off at strip clubs and such with his buddies.

"I'm sure they felt the connections too Joe." He smiles again.

At the Armorer

"I'm good on armor, this is nice and light and lets me keep my mobility while providing great protection."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 23/23_ AC: 20_ T: 16 _FF: 14_ Perception +8, Sense Motive +8_Init: +3_Fort: +6_Ref: +10_Will: +9_CMB: +2_CMD: 16_Speed: 30 Active Conditions:
Skills:
Acrobatics +9_Bluff +7_Climb +5_Diplomacy +14_DD +9 _ Escape Artist +7 _Heal +9_ Intimidate +7 _ K Rel/Nob/His/Pla/Loc +8/+6/+5/+5+5 _ Ling +5 _ SoH +7 _ Spellcraft +7_ Stealth +9 _Survival +3 _ Swim +5 _ UMD +8

With the Mistress still inhabiting Jellena the otherworldly voice accepts Frank as well, ”Thank you Frank but understand I have only one crusade, to exterminate all undead and those who would create them. Frank Steel, I accept you as one of my Chosen.” She touches him above the heart as well and the same white circle with a black scythe over it appears.

Then she accepts Delman, ”Follow my high oracle Jellena and paladin Joeseph, listen to what they have to say and follow my teachings. Then your soul will never be in limbo again. I accept you Delman Fredrel Vortani the third as one of my Chosen and your matron.”
———————-

Joe "Joseph" Waskalis wrote:
Walking down the steps to the armory, Joe can't help but look back up the stairs with want in his eyes. The newly-commissioned paladin of the Mistress asks Jellena, "So..uh, do you know who the naked dancers were? I feel we had a.. connection, and I'd, well, we", Joe motioned to the warlord, sniper and warlock", "like to thank them personally, after a fashion."

Jellena smiles and with a knowing look she asks, ”How exactly would you like to thank them Joe? I could arrange a personal meeting so you could thank one of them. Which one do you want to thank?”

Looking at Frank she offers, ”Then what else would you like? We can go to the loan shop and get a magical item.” If he agrees she leads him down the hallway to another room filled with potions, scrolls, books, and all sorts of items in glass cases or on the wall.

801 to 850 of 1,981 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Arcanium ~ Where the action happens All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.