Post a race. I'll write up a custom archetype for it.


Homebrew and House Rules

51 to 100 of 371 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Secret Wizard wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:
Goblin Paladin or Wizard, or both, because the ideas are just too funny and awesome to pass up!

Ok, what do you think about the Spellsniffer, the Goblin Wizard archetype that makes you eat scrolls and lick spellbooks?

Well I absolutely f~&$ing LOVE it!


You said post a race so I gave you a few to work with depending on what you liked, sparring you from the over 50 that I have homebrewed. Spamming... yeah, I'll take my ball and leave now.


johnnythexxxiv wrote:
Secret Wizard wrote:
Dragonborn3 wrote:
Goblin Paladin or Wizard, or both, because the ideas are just too funny and awesome to pass up!

Ok, what do you think about the Spellsniffer, the Goblin Wizard archetype that makes you eat scrolls and lick spellbooks?

Well I absolutely f&@+ing LOVE it!

I couldn't agree more!

Shadow Lodge

Dhampir Occultist, and by the gods not another vampire/undead slayer.


GM Facepalm wrote:
You said post a race so I gave you a few to work with depending on what you liked, sparring you from the over 50 that I have homebrewed. Spamming... yeah, I'll take my ball and leave now.

'

*facepalm* so thin-skinned
when i finally get to one of your custom races i hope you are still around to see it

anyway, imma be busy next few days but Vishkanya is already thought out, gotta finish concepting the Strix (sneak peek: it's a Paladin and it will be mandatory for this archetype to take the Wing Clipped racial trait), and the last one on my mind is the Kitsune (already know the class and the main trick, gotta think what I want it to give up and how to do it)

EDIT: Oh YEAH! Forgot about the Dhampir Druid that was asked earlier. It's on the works.


How's about a Duergar cleric or druid. I love the flavor of the Duergar, but they feel really alien to me in some ways. This has been awesome so far. I am going to incorporate a number of these ideas into my home game. We all really appreciate this.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

@Secret Wizard: I'd be interested in looking at publishing some of these in a collection or two - you can see some of my racial archetypes HERE, or check out Forest Guardian Press.

Send me a PM here or email me at:

oceanshieldwolf@gmail.com


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Here's one... Grippli are statted to be brilliant gunslingers, but have little to no opportunity to become that class due to flavor and setting reasons. Can you make it work? Either a gunslinger that works in the Grippli's typical setting, or one that explains why a Grippli would be out where they could encounter and adopt guns?

(I suppose you could do some kind of blowpipeslinger but that seems too easy)

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

The Golux wrote:

Here's one... Grippli are statted to be brilliant gunslingers, but have little to no opportunity to become that class due to flavor and setting reasons. Can you make it work? Either a gunslinger that works in the Grippli's typical setting, or one that explains why a Grippli would be out where they could encounter and adopt guns?

(I suppose you could do some kind of blowpipeslinger but that seems too easy)

You mean the Deku Scrub?

Wayfinders

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

How about a Syrinx Alchemist? :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Forest Guardian Press wrote:

@Secret Wizard: I'd be interested in looking at publishing some of these in a collection or two - you can see some of my racial archetypes HERE, or check out Forest Guardian Press.

Send me a PM here or email me at:

oceanshieldwolf@gmail.com

I'll give it a think!

What do you say, people? Would you like to own a copy of something like this?

Create Mr. Pitt wrote:
How's about a Duergar cleric or druid. I love the flavor of the Duergar, but they feel really alien to me in some ways. This has been awesome so far. I am going to incorporate a number of these ideas into my home game. We all really appreciate this.

Gotta do the Kitsune hermit first.

But I think Duergar are supposed to be alien, in the sense that the only reason why they exist is so there's a dwarflike race to use as antagonists ala molemen that are unambiguously meant to be killed.

I'll see if there's something I could explore, though. I'll do one archetype per race so yeah.

The Golux wrote:

Here's one... Grippli are statted to be brilliant gunslingers, but have little to no opportunity to become that class due to flavor and setting reasons. Can you make it work? Either a gunslinger that works in the Grippli's typical setting, or one that explains why a Grippli would be out where they could encounter and adopt guns?

(I suppose you could do some kind of blowpipeslinger but that seems too easy)

For sure? 'Cause to me, Grippli = Bog dwellers = Shotguns.

Just get a double-barrel and start telling people to squeal like a piggy for you.

Scarab Sages

I am intrigued by your Strix work, especially if the wing clipping is required. Making him a Paladin is just anticipatory icing on the fascination cake.

Dark Archive

Could you do an Elf Arcanist? I know it's a bit generic, but I want to see what you could come up with.


Dotting.

Also, I know you're backed up but I have two ideas- a aasimir antipaladin and an orc monk.


Been in a bit of a Skaveny mood lately, so how about a Ratfolk Witch?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some nice work in this thread.

Since homebrew races are on the table, here's some of mine that I've been trying to flesh out with archetypes. I'm not asking you to do all of them mind you, just posting a few in case you like one more than the others. And I'm including thoughts on classes, but do whatever class you like if you get around to any of them.

Finfolk - Sorcerer is a no-brainer, and as beings with a connection to nature, druid would be cool. Also, anything with dex and charisma which also feels at home on the high seas deserves to be a swashbuckler.

Gargoyles - Barbarian seems like an obvious choice, and I also like paladin or ranger.

Komodo - Already have an int based cleric with a sorcerer bloodline and gunslinger with some ninja tricks. I've been trying to figure out a good magus archetype with some natureness, but I've had a bad case of writer's block lately.

Trow - I have a bard which gets some clericness, and cleric that specializes in necromancy. I was thinking a rogue archetype would be good, but I haven't found much inspiration.


Secret Wizard wrote:
The Golux wrote:

Here's one... Grippli are statted to be brilliant gunslingers, but have little to no opportunity to become that class due to flavor and setting reasons. Can you make it work? Either a gunslinger that works in the Grippli's typical setting, or one that explains why a Grippli would be out where they could encounter and adopt guns?

(I suppose you could do some kind of blowpipeslinger but that seems too easy)

For sure? 'Cause to me, Grippli = Bog dwellers = Shotguns.

Just get a double-barrel and start telling people to squeal like a piggy for you.

They're usually depicted as more tribal I think but that's a fun angle to go with! Now I have some ideas, but I'm still curious to see what you'd come up with.

I also had a fun idea of a black-ops-y climbing sniper.

And I'd seriously consider buying a PDF of racial archetypes of this quality.


This is an odd one that came up...

Awakened Egyptian Mau Cleric of Bast.

For reference, an Egyptian Mau is a type of housecat.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Eltacolibre wrote:
Vishkanya needs more love.

That's too bad...

BECAUSE THE SHAWLED VIPER SHALL SHOW YOU NO AFFECTION.

Get on the Oberyn Martell train and give your enemies one dance to remember.


Secret Wizard wrote:
Eltacolibre wrote:
Vishkanya needs more love.

That's too bad...

BECAUSE THE SHAWLED VIPER SHALL SHOW YOU NO AFFECTION.

Get on the Oberyn Martell train and give your enemies one dance to remember.

That is a thing of beauty.


Hmm. Let's get difficult. Just for fun, if that's okay.

Sylph Bloodrager.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Secret Wizard wrote:
Eltacolibre wrote:
Vishkanya needs more love.

That's too bad...

BECAUSE THE SHAWLED VIPER SHALL SHOW YOU NO AFFECTION.

Get on the Oberyn Martell train and give your enemies one dance to remember.

This is amazing.


These are very well done, and incredibly creative.

If you get the chance, how about an Oread Investigator?


Secret Wizard wrote:
Forest Guardian Press wrote:

@Secret Wizard: I'd be interested in looking at publishing some of these in a collection or two - you can see some of my racial archetypes HERE, or check out Forest Guardian Press.

Send me a PM here or email me at:

oceanshieldwolf@gmail.com

I'll give it a think!

What do you say, people? Would you like to own a copy of something like this?

I would if it excluded the custom races.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'd love a Big Book of Racial Archetypes. The ARG was a good start, but then stopped. It seems like it ended too quickly.


Sidthe, aka the Tuatha Dé Danann.

Scarab Sages

Fine, I'll bite. See what you can do with these Elf-based wishes:

- an Elven Sorcerer whose magic is Intelligence-based without being pegged to a specific Bloodline.

- an Elven Wizard or Witch that emphasizes Elves' Chaotic aspect and gets into some good hearty 'weird' territory.

ALSO: I too am a card-carrying member of the Making Indonesian Shadow Puppets Into A Playable Race Is The Coolest Thing Ever Party (MISPIAPRITCTEP), and would like to see a Wayang Wizard, Witch, or Psychic Archetype.


Can you do an Aasimar Investigator? I'd love to see that.


I second that aasimar investigator

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just so you know, Mr Secret Wizard, I'll be applying your Strix archetype to a Strix Paladin GM-PC that is in a Skull and Shackles PbP game I just started. I'll give you some feedback on how the low levels work out. The high levels will take us a while (years, if it holds up) to achieve, so feedback on those levels might require a different medium. :)


My hope would be for a Skinwalker Ragebred Slayer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Behold!
PRAIRIE DWARF

FLUFFY STUFF:

Long ago before men dominated the world, the gods of dwarves and elves quarreled over the lot of their peoples. Even the friends and family of Moradin and Corellon - gods themselves - argued over what was best for their people. In time they resolved their difference, in a manner of speaking, and things became as they are now.

But there is a story you might not be familiar with. The voice of one of Moradin's folk (some say it was a young cousin) was not heard. Patiently he stood by his clan, for that is the Dwarven way. For many years he toiled in Moradin's name, all the while dreaming of a different life. When the day came that he was granted a boon by the patriarch, he led those of like mind out from under the mountain and into the lands above. They marveled at the warm sun and the feel of blades of grass on their hands. There were things in the light they had never seen before, and their curiosity did not wane. Thus were born the prairie dwarves.

Prairie dwarves interacted with men and elves and integrated themselves into the world above. They became worldly and wise, strong and proud. They are not unknowingly gruff towards others the way their cousins are, yet are still shrewd and savvy in matters of commerce and trade, and from time to time unnaturally swayed by the simple gleam of a precious stone.

Prairie dwarves have lived on the surface now for many generations. Most live in towns and cities or spend their lives traveling. While commerce is a central part of their culture, they are as devoted to tradition, craftsmanship, and honor as any dwarven culture. They are no strangers to the underground kingdoms of their kin-folk, for the dwarves under hills and mountains welcome them and their goods. There are minor rivalries concerning who is the more prosperous or able, but fine drink is shared, ancestors are discussed, and these differences are soon forgotten.

Some continue the dwarven tradition of transforming the hidden treasure of the earth into fine crafts, but many chooses new trades or specialize in the sale of goods crafted by others. Hill and mountain dwarves still hold the prize for their ale and mead - but prairie dwarf wine is as exquisite as anything from the elves, and is characterized by warm, earthy undertones.

CRUNCHY STUFF:

Ability Score Racial Traits: Prairie dwarves are tough and wise, but a bit clumsy. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Dexterity.
Size: Prairie dwarves are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Type: Prairie dwarves are humanoids with the dwarf subtype.
Base Speed: Prairie dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Languages: Prairie dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
Hardy: Prairie dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Stability: Prairie dwarves gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Merchant: Prairie dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks, and once per day can roll twice when making a Bluff or Diplomacy check, using the higher result.
Tradition: Prairie dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on a single Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
Low-Light Vision: Prairie dwarves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.


CalethosVB wrote:
I'd love a Big Book of Racial Archetypes. The ARG was a good start, but then stopped. It seems like it ended too quickly.

And Favored Class Bonuses. We need more for the new classes with the non core races.


Are you kidding? I see tons of people whining as it is when they can't get into a specific class, feat, or other ability because it's racially limited.

"But my precious concept is a halfling with that dwarf-only ability!"

And people really hate it when you respond with "Looks like your concept's gonna eat it, then, shorty..."

Sczarni

I loved the ratfolk rogue and goblin wizard archetypes! I'd also like to second the Sylph Bloodrager and Grippli Gunslinger suggestions.

If these were published, then yes, I would enjoy owning a copy. I'm sure I could convince my friends to play as a few. If not, then more for me. ;)

And if I may add a race to the list, I'd really like to see a few more Gnome archetypes. Maybe a Druid archetype, to reflect a Gnome's connection to the fey wilds, or a Monk or Ninja archetype to exploit Bewildering Koan? Or perhaps a Fighter archetype, just for playing against type.

If you'd rather do a nonstandard race, then I switch my vote to Svirfneblin. C'mon, does anyone even remember Svirfneblin exist?


Wraith - Hunter

Im thinking an archetype that makes the hero from the recent Shadows of Mordor game.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

People remember Svirfneblin, but probably never play them since they're way above the curve compared to other races.

tgtg:
I like Racial Archetypes, though as a DM I usually open them up to all races. Just that they would be more common among the race they are written for.


A dhampir shaman, please. ^^


Okay, I think we've been making it a little too easy for Secret Wizard.

He can make class archetypes for the Paizo provided races. Lets see how he handles doing it for Third Party Races

*Thunderclap, horse whinny*

So, lets see some archetypes for...

Anumus Alchemist

Mahrog Wizard

Obitu Paladin

Darakhul Oracle

Gearforged Druid.

Have fun. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I dunno... my asking him to create an archetype for a housecat may be too much.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Threeshades wrote:
How about a Merfolk Sorcerer?

Forget what I said earlier, I'd much rather see what you would do with a Merfolk Skald.

We all know the image of the mermaid singing her beautiful ballad, but what about a mermaid singing warsongs to rile up her fellow merpeople into a battlerage?


Praise the Sun! Vanquisher Paladin Strix is here.

Same idea as the Soujoubo basically - trade out the alignment specific stuff for other ways to specialize your character. I think that's the main issue with Pallies and Antipallies that makes them so PrC-looking.

It has a bit more passive damage than the Paladin and it is much worse at healing, but I think it brings the idea of a morality-agnostic Paladin together well.

If note Amerindian undertones, it is not coincidence.

Quote:
Just so you know, Mr Secret Wizard, I'll be applying your Strix archetype to a Strix Paladin GM-PC that is in a Skull and Shackles PbP game I just started. I'll give you some feedback on how the low levels work out. The high levels will take us a while (years, if it holds up) to achieve, so feedback on those levels might require a different medium. :)

Well I hope you are happy playing a huge racist.


Starfinder Superscriber
Secret Wizard wrote:

Praise the Sun! Vanquisher Paladin Strix is here.

Same idea as the Soujoubo basically - trade out the alignment specific stuff for other ways to specialize your character. I think that's the main issue with Pallies and Antipallies that makes them so PrC-looking.

It has a bit more passive damage than the Paladin and it is much worse at healing, but I think it brings the idea of a morality-agnostic Paladin together well.

If note Amerindian undertones, it is not coincidence.

Quite well done!


Oread Laborer

The concept is of an Oread who is specialized is manual labor, so lifting or moving things (Nodwick comes to mind). I was going to suggest it should be a commoner archetype, but there aren't any, so maybe Oread Brawler unless you have a better idea.

I like your work. The Goblin Spellsniffer is cool dude.


I think the henchmen would be expert or rogue archetypes if anything. Nodwick never fights, he's just very strong, very clever and good at getting himself out of trouble. A Nodwick-style henchman would specialize in lifting, escaping, and possible resisting damage/mind control (Nodwick himself can't do that, but we can't all have a duct tape cleric on hand).


Vote for which one I do next:

- Mythweaver (Kitsune Magus)

- Black Star (Aasimar Antipaladin)

- Anathema (Dhampir Skald)


Aasimar Antipaladin! The anti-Drizzt


Three of my least favorite races?
Go with the Dhampir Skald. :P

Lantern Lodge

Mythweaver? But I was the one who posted it, so I guess I don't count :P

Though I wonder, illusion based magus... Hrmmm...


Kobold Cleaver wrote:

Three of my least favorite races?

Go with the Dhampir Skald. :P

They are three of my least favorite races as well, but I like them more than Humans/Dwarves/Elves.

51 to 100 of 371 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Post a race. I'll write up a custom archetype for it. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.