Post a race. I'll write up a custom archetype for it.


Homebrew and House Rules

151 to 200 of 371 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

In one of our campaigns we "adopted" a fanglord skinwalker barbarian that uses extra feature to get three natural attacks on a full attack. Maybe you could base it around that or something?

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

How about a skinwalker monk that masters their wild side and channels it with ki?


Secret Wizard wrote:


NEXT UP:
- Gotta finish that Merfolk Monk for the guy who asked a Merfolk archetype for a class that had inbuilt mobility.

And based on how awesome the rest of the archetypes have been, I can't wait to see how it turns out!


Maybe a skinwalker summoner who imitates his eidolon (or whose eidolon gains a limited shapeshifting ability)?


How about a skinwalker that turns their own limbs into firearms or other ranged weapons?

Sovereign Court

I want to encourage our fine host to mix together the horror of the aberrant sorcerer bloodline with the skinwalker.

What if this is a wholly unnatural skinwalker we are talking about?


I think my Nagaji Bloodrager request got overlooked with all the other posts in the thread, so I'm reposting it.

Scarab Sages

I will briefly reference I that I made three requests on Page 2, then.


The Shredder is awesome too... I know it's a Dhampir archetype but I could so see a tiefling taking it. If you have ever played Brutal Legend, Eddie, is totally that, granted he's just one example of the fiendish metalhead..


I did not overlook the Nagaji request.

The issue I have with it are naga attribute modifiers.

+2 STR/CHA is perfect for Bloodragers. That eliminates the challenge of making the class fit an ill-equipped race (like the Feral Gnasher Barbarian Goblin or my Wisp Caller Ninja Grippli).

That just leaves making a thematic archetype, and everything would point to a grapple build, but in that case I need to differentiate it a lot from the Blood Conduit, which honestly fits the Nagaji even better.

So I'm creatively blocked here. I may make a Nagaji Alchemist but since the only request I have is for Bloodrager, until I come up with something, it's on hiatus.

Dark Archive

Nagaji Mesmerist, a serpentine duelist who gets in her opponents heads and breaks them mentally before physically dispatching them? I thought it was a fun spin on the class, so I made one for a home game that's starting soon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That was my idea for a Nagaji Alchemist too! Could also work for Investigator.

johnnythexxxiv wrote:
Secret Wizard wrote:

Holy crap. Tons of work to do.

Well what did you expect with the quality of the first two? I'd like to throw merfolk into the mix with any class that has a focus on land movement (monk and barbarian spring to mind) or mobility in general like mounted characters.

Probably not exactly what you wanted but just an experiment: the Darting Doyen Merfolk Monk.

I'm not too hot about it because it mechanically works but the flavor is not as strong as it could of be.

It would make a great character and a great encounter, but would it resonate enough for someone to actually WANT to take it?!


I would like to request a Suli blaster Arcanist. It's a bit too early yet to ask for a Kineticist archetype, I think.


I haven't read through everything, but how about an Aasimir Cavalier. preferably not mount based. actually probably a samurai but cut the theme.


Secret Wizard wrote:

That was my idea for a Nagaji Alchemist too! Could also work for Investigator.

johnnythexxxiv wrote:
Secret Wizard wrote:

Holy crap. Tons of work to do.

Well what did you expect with the quality of the first two? I'd like to throw merfolk into the mix with any class that has a focus on land movement (monk and barbarian spring to mind) or mobility in general like mounted characters.

Probably not exactly what you wanted but just an experiment: the Darting Doyen Merfolk Monk.

I'm not too hot about it because it mechanically works but the flavor is not as strong as it could of be.

It would make a great character and a great encounter, but would it resonate enough for someone to actually WANT to take it?!

That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL :') Honestly I think the flavor is fine as-is, but if you want to add a little more I don't think anyone would complain. I am definitely going to use this archetype for a home game in the near future, so thank you for being awesome at this. Add me to the list of people that would pay for the archetype compilation PDF if you do decide to go ahead and publish it :)


daw :')

I just added a new feature because you are a darling (and because the archetype has a glaring aoe weakness for higher levels)


Doyen's 16th-level Darting Strike ability should probably get the 'doesn't stack with Keen' language of other threat-range-increasing abilities.

I'm going to disagree with you though, I love the flavor of it. It's subtle, tied into the motions of the water and all that snazziness, but it's there. I'd play one in a heartbeat.


kestral287 wrote:

Doyen's 16th-level Darting Strike ability should probably get the 'doesn't stack with Keen' language of other threat-range-increasing abilities.

I'm going to disagree with you though, I love the flavor of it. It's subtle, tied into the motions of the water and all that snazziness, but it's there. I'd play one in a heartbeat.

I literally copy-pasted the text from the Cavalier's Mighty Charge once I realized that gave exactly what I wanted.

Also thanks :{}


The SRD's Mighty Charge, at least, includes the line "This increase does not stack with other effects that increase the threat range of the weapon". Though given that the easiest ways I'm seeing to increase threat range also have that language, my fears are probably misplaced. Even if Darting Strike doesn't say it can't stack with Keen, Keen says it can't stack with Darting Strike so that's enough. I was just worried about the potential for a 12-20/x2 threat range weapon.


You just reminded me to add a weapon restriction to darting strike and to give these guys trident proficiency.


Secret Wizard wrote:
You just reminded me to add a weapon restriction to darting strike and to give these guys trident proficiency.

I approve of all things trident!

Silver Crusade

May I request a Dhampir Swashbuckler?


I love this thread, I'll need some time to think of one I'd like to see, as well as check if it isn't already done, but this is glorious.


Next Up:

- Nagaji Bloodrager (I have an idea that I might want to expand on...)

- Elemental-blooded Gunslinger (any kind of elemental-blooded can pick it)

- Syrinx Alchemist.


Secret Wizard wrote:
- Skinwalker has been a sore spot. I want something that's not too gimmicky that uses their transformation feature too. I'm looking at Gunslinger but I might go some other way...

A lycanthrope hunter who takes on the bestial nature of the monsters they hunt could be thematically interesting.

I'm picturing a Gunslinger that picks up Favored Enemy (lycanthrope), and gains reactionary abilities whenever Favored Enemy comes into play. Make it based on what they are facing/hunting at the time.

Facing a werewolf, gain scent. Facing a weregorilla, gain a climb speed. Facing a wereshark, gain a swim speed. Facing a wereboar, gain ferocity. Etc.

Combine that with the ability to prepare/create specialty bullets. Maybe use the Bane enchantment as a baseline, or eventually Arrows of Slaying.

Shifter crouched down over the mess that used to be a woodcutter's family. His eyes went yellow and his five-o-clock shadow grew in a lot thicker. He growled low in his throat and snarled through teeth that were suddenly a lot more pointed. "They were killed by a werewolf. Good thing I packed these hollow points with silver nitrate and wolfsbane."


So basically an Infiltrator Ranger on a Gunslinger... Could work.

Thing is that Gunslingers are too weapon-based, and any archetype for the class should also be weapon-based I feel?

Sovereign Court

Secret Wizard wrote:

So basically an Infiltrator Ranger on a Gunslinger... Could work.

Thing is that Gunslingers are too weapon-based, and any archetype for the class should also be weapon-based I feel?

[2cents]After some further thought, you could make a variant of the "unbreakable" for skinwalker involving some AC or DR tricks.

If you choose to specialize in weapons, perhaps: silver, lunging natural attacks, hidden weapons.

Razor Coast had a kind of holdout concealable pistol that a lycan type might be interested in.[/2cents]

Everything looks very impressive so far. I'm challenging myself to work up as many of these archetypes as possible as encounters for future games.


Have we seriously gotten no suggestions for catfolk yet? Well, I'll put in a call for one then.

I'll leave the class up to you.


LittleMissMissy wrote:

Have we seriously gotten no suggestions for catfolk yet? Well, I'll put in a call for one then.

I'll leave the class up to you.

Catfolk Hunter!

Lots of themeatic potential, not-great-stats so it's still a challenge.


Throwing in a vote for Catfolk as well. Love that race.

Would it be too punny to make a catfolk paladin archetype and call it the Lionheart?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gnoll mounted archer/slaver hyenaedon rider cavalier, ranger, barbarian or samurai...

Something like getting a hyenaedon mount (Hyena with dire template) and some ranged tactics on top of grapple/entangle bonuses..

Probably best with cav due to order being replaceable.

Challenge might be a track and cmb bonus, abilities might include bonus to binding creatures, intimidate checks, Assist checks with hyenaedon, ranged combat ability such as an entangling arrow as opposed to a charge, mount drag ability, and possibly a bonus to hit with an arrow when an opponent is tripped by the hyenaedon?


Gluttony wrote:

Throwing in a vote for Catfolk as well. Love that race.

Would it be too punny to make a catfolk paladin archetype and call it the Lionheart?

Lionheart Catfolk Cavalier, deal?

Dustyboy wrote:

Gnoll mounted archer/slaver hyenaedon rider cavalier, ranger, barbarian or samurai...

Something like getting a hyenaedon mount (Hyena with dire template) and some ranged tactics on top of grapple/entangle bonuses..

Like the idea of Gnoll Ranger really, but first... DID YOU SEE THE BOUDA ARCHETYPE FOR WITCHES? I'm sure you were as giddy as I was when that got released.


I'd like to vote for catfolk as well. Hoping for something long-ranged, but I'm more interested just to see what comes out.


Secret Wizard wrote:
Gluttony wrote:

Throwing in a vote for Catfolk as well. Love that race.

Would it be too punny to make a catfolk paladin archetype and call it the Lionheart?

Lionheart Catfolk Cavalier, deal?

Dustyboy wrote:

Gnoll mounted archer/slaver hyenaedon rider cavalier, ranger, barbarian or samurai...

Something like getting a hyenaedon mount (Hyena with dire template) and some ranged tactics on top of grapple/entangle bonuses..

Like the idea of Gnoll Ranger really, but first... DID YOU SEE THE BOUDA ARCHETYPE FOR WITCHES? I'm sure you were as giddy as I was when that got released.

It's really the only archetype that makes me want to ever go full arcane other than the orc witch one....


Vishkanya Alchemist please.
The merfolk and Quillback Kibold are awesome!


Secret Wizard wrote:
Gluttony wrote:

Throwing in a vote for Catfolk as well. Love that race.

Would it be too punny to make a catfolk paladin archetype and call it the Lionheart?

Lionheart Catfolk Cavalier, deal?

Awesome!


Stuff is gonna be harsh on me for the next couple of days, but Lionheart Catfolk Cavalier and Awakener Skinwalker Hunter are the next ones up.


I think Kobolds need some love, how about a bloodrager or sorcerer.


Bandw2 wrote:
I think Kobolds need some love, how about a bloodrager or sorcerer.

We already got a Kobold Barbarian. It's pretty awesome.


kestral287 wrote:
Bandw2 wrote:
I think Kobolds need some love, how about a bloodrager or sorcerer.
We already got a Kobold Barbarian. It's pretty awesome.

besides the free spiked armor weapon isn't there already a rage power to gain AC at every 4 levels or something, i think it's beast totem, so i'm not sure this is exactly a fair trade.

also, the class will still have low strength for a barbarian meaning low to-hit for a barbarian.


Bandw2 wrote:
kestral287 wrote:
Bandw2 wrote:
I think Kobolds need some love, how about a bloodrager or sorcerer.
We already got a Kobold Barbarian. It's pretty awesome.

besides the free spiked armor weapon isn't there already a rage power to gain AC at every 4 levels or something, i think it's beast totem, so i'm not sure this is exactly a fair trade.

also, the class will still have low strength for a barbarian meaning low to-hit for a barbarian.

Added an accuracy bonus to Thick Skin. I've also upped the initial AC to +3.

Other than that, I feel the archetype is pretty solid for Come and Get Me builds or Cry Challenge builds.


Android alchemist!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Orc Brawler with Two-Handed unarmed strike options would be neat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Can't sleep. Must make Lionheart.

HERE IT IS. HEAR ME ROAR?

This probably has a ton of balance issues but the flavor is too sweet.
I just dived right into it because I thought the idea was neat. No way of refilling Roars is sad, but I think playtesting and development is needed anyway.

BTW: Here's a compiled list of all archetypes made for this.

Scavion wrote:
Orc Brawler with Two-Handed unarmed strike options would be neat.

Hmhmhmh....

Scarab Sages

Here's a character concept I had that's good for this: A Vishkanya Fighter that makes the most of its venom (without necessarily committing to any particular fighting style otherwise).


Secret Wizard wrote:
Bandw2 wrote:
kestral287 wrote:
Bandw2 wrote:
I think Kobolds need some love, how about a bloodrager or sorcerer.
We already got a Kobold Barbarian. It's pretty awesome.

besides the free spiked armor weapon isn't there already a rage power to gain AC at every 4 levels or something, i think it's beast totem, so i'm not sure this is exactly a fair trade.

also, the class will still have low strength for a barbarian meaning low to-hit for a barbarian.

Added an accuracy bonus to Thick Skin. I've also upped the initial AC to +3.

Other than that, I feel the archetype is pretty solid for Come and Get Me builds or Cry Challenge builds.

I'm still not sure the AC is worth all those rage powers. (I am from the MCA thread so I'm used to critiquing archetypes to make sure they're still as powerful as their base form)

in general a "natural attack" is worth one rage power, and so is the AC bonus. and the progression of the weapon is worth just 1 more rage power, that's 3 not 5.

also considering that higher dice at the levels it gains them aren't worth much, I don't feel this archetype actually takes advantage of anything about the kobold to make it a more effective barbarian. It suffers from monkism, which is that an enemy that can't hit you will simply walk around you. and since it doesn't have the saves of the monk it will probably be hit hard by will saves.

I mean Kobolds already have good AC, they're +2 compared to any normal person already.

(personally it would have been probably giving the barbarian HIPS at level 10 and sneak attack progression along with a rage bonus to stealth and dexterity, and probably free weapon finesse for any weapon he is proficient with{maybe even just the swashbuckler's finesse})

oh, god I feel like making archetypes too now. :P


Shrug. Sneak Attack Barbarian is a thing but I wanted something that didn't feel like a mish mash for this archetype.


Fetchling Slayer would be neat with features that complemented their racial stuff.


Did i roll investigator cause i just got some inspiration.

Eye Collector Fetchling Slayer will go up soon.


Secret Wizard wrote:
Beldam

Triiki faati hili fati pal

Friti sali fae ili triki fal
Troi foi coi doi sali freti cheli
Heli svali wooooo

151 to 200 of 371 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Homebrew and House Rules / Post a race. I'll write up a custom archetype for it. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.