Pathfinder Player Companion: Healer's Handbook (PFRPG)

3.60/5 (based on 5 ratings)
Pathfinder Player Companion: Healer's Handbook (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Print Edition $14.99

Add PDF $10.49

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Good for What Ails You!

Whether it's for getting patched up after a fight, dealing with a debilitating disease contracted in a fetid dungeon, or negating the effects of a terrible poison in the middle of combat, eventually every adventurer needs a healer. Most healers have their own agendas, though, and these don't always end at mending their allies' ailments. With Pathfinder Player Companion: Healer's Handbook, characters can learn to efficiently heal their patients—without finding themselves reduced to being walking first-aid kits.

Inside this book, you'll find:

  • Healing-focused archetypes for 10 classes, such as the angelfire apostle cleric and invigorator paladin—plus options for arcane healers, such as the faith singer bard and arcane physician wizard.
  • Feats geared toward characters who like to heal on their own terms, plus feats that allow any adventurer to harness her own vigor in the heat of battle.
  • A host of new options to customize features for classes that dabble in healing, including focused blessings for warpriests, new paladin mercies, druidic herbalism, and a shaman spirit specialization.

This Pathfinder Player Companion is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-914-1

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Player Companion Subscription.

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9475


See Also:

Average product rating:

3.60/5 (based on 5 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

New basic options for classes? Sold!

5/5

Book gets five stars for some really neat stuff design-wise. It expands the basic options for some classes- no archetype compatibility issues, no extra features you don't care about or trading out stuff you wanted. If you play a Druid or a Paladin, you now have additional options on your list. I'd love to see more of this in future books!

If you're a Druid, you can get an alchemist-esque potion-making ability for Nature's Bond. There are some balance issues on the money part of it, so I recommend GMs go with "you can stockpile, but not sell". Could be a good idea to rule that expensive material components still cost money, too.

If you're a Paladin, you can choose from three new bond choices instead of a weapon bond or mount. More healing, a communal ward against evil, or being one terrifying avatar of divine justice. In addition, there are a bunch of new choices for mercies ranging from things that are great for a character arc to cementing your position as the last thing an evil wizard wants to run into.

Another really neat design choice that I'd love to see more is explicitly compatible archetypes- the Alchemist's healing archetype is designed to work with Chirurgeon, addressing overlapping features. Having two compatible archetypes with similar goals is great for character customization- you now have three levels of healing archetype to apply (one, the other, or both). Also solves the big issue with Chirurgeon while it's at it! Both Alchemist archetypes are pretty awesome, and do a great job of expanding character options with good balance.

Clerics get an archetype that doesn't mess with their domains. Whoo! Warpriests and Shamans get subblessings and subspirits.

That said, this book will contain disappointments for people looking for certain things (as some of the other reviews show):
-There's really only one good thing for the heal skill, an inexpensive magic item to expand its effectiveness. Nonmagical healing in the book is not very impressive otherwise.
- If you wanted more healing on non-healing classes, this isn't the book for you. It's a book about making the existing healers better at their job or giving them more options while they do it.
- Sorry, evil Clerics. You're still preparing healing spells in slots like before. You can now use them for torture or manipulation, though, so those spells will be more versatile.

All in all, a great win for character versatility!


Some good options

4/5

This book is all about healing, as you probably guessed. But how does it provide more healing options?

Mainly Archetypes. Just over a dozen. Most are meh, a few are bad, and a few are good.

There are also some Feats. An interesting Feat chain is now available for characters with a 13+ CON, that lets them "rest" as a standard action to re-gain HP.

Outside of Archetypes and Feats, there are a few Traits and Magic Items and Spells that offer a bit here and there, but nothing too earth shattering from what I saw.

Overall I think this is a good book. Not quite 5 stars, and a bit on the bland side, but good.


2/5

A book on healing is going to be a very daunting task, so it's hard to judge too harshly here. I'm not terribly impressed with this book, but I'm not angry I purchased it either.

In general, I found the majority of the Archetypes very lacking, especially the Angelfire Apostle I was most excited about.

I'm also a bit disappointed that the book starts out describing how the ability to heal (including removing conditions and raising the dead) is the most miraculous and wondrous feat of all magic, but then the book basically goes out of it's way to hand it out like candy. I'm of the opinion that there is already too much available, cheap healing as is, and it's detrimental to the game, so adding even more, and basically stomping even more over the line of one of the defining traits of divine magic (vs Arcane, Occult, and Martial abilities) was a really poor call. Again, just my opinion.

It lacked much in the way of non-magical applications (or expansions) for the Heal Skill, or even much in the way of talking about healing equipment or goods.

Unfortunately, I just found most the material bland and/or mediocre. On one hand, I love just how much crunch they put in this book, and am honestly surprised with how much they touched on so much variety, (a trait for this deity, an option for that one), I didn't really expect to see.

I also like some of the spells the book offers, but at the same time, I really wish they where a few Spell Levels lower so that they might actually be used in play. Or at least had lesser versions.

I think there was just far too much split focus for this product to really have been that effective. No real Channel Energy or Lay On Hands options, and as I mentioned, nothing really for the Heal Skill. There is a bit for Occult stuff, but even being not a fan it looked kind of lackluster. For the most part, this book doesn't really make Being the Healer Fun as it offers a few different ways to do so, without really helping to much to do it well or that interestingly.


Healing Can Be Fun

4/5

Some interesting options for healing and curative related spells, powers, etc.

The good
-New kineticist wild talents, oracle mystery, witch hexes and patron, paladin divine bonds and mercies, bardic masterpieces, alchemist discoveries, warpriest blessings, and druid nature bond.
-New feats that allow you to heal yourself.
-Some interesting new archetypes.

The bad
-No new channeling, lay on hands, or healing enhancing feats.
-No healing focused archetypes for non-casters(except one monk and one ranger).


(Magic) Healer's/Supporter's Handbook

3/5

This book's kind of hard to get a perfect read on because it's so densely packed, but what I've been picking through seems average. There's a few interesting options such as the Angelfire Apostle that effectively adds a breath weapon to healing spells and the spell Balance of Suffering which allows you to heal one target at the expense of another's life force, or the Phoenix Feather which is just a Phoenix Down, or the Paladin stuff which is all pretty great. But a lot of the stuff just seems very bland at best. The Arcane Physician for example is probably the most "meh" thing in the book, since it's just a Wizard that gets healing spells. That's really about it. There's also a weirdly high amount of options dedicated to status suppression and miscellaneous support abilities instead of actual healing, such as the Sacred Attendant who gains the ability to boost Charisma checks.

Also, most of the options in the book are caster-oriented. There are two non-caster archetypes (a lesser but unchained-friendly version of Monk of the Healing Hand and a Ranger that's okay at finding plants), and the Combat Vigor feats are more work than they're worth unless you're a Fighter with plenty of feats to spare to make them worthwhile, not to mention they're self-only unlike a wand of a cure spell.

tl;dr, if you're expecting new uses for the Heal skill or new alchemical healing items, or feats and abilities that make even the least magically-inclined Barbarian into a somewhat viable out-of-combat healer, this isn't the book for you. If you're looking for new ways for your existing healer to heal more differently, then pick this up.


251 to 300 of 699 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

I would really love to see this book address the low channeling capability of cleric vs other classes. I love playing cleric, and I don't like resorting to playing paladin just to channel well!


great cover!

hoping to see more channeling options for clerics


Oh, yeah! Loving this one a lot! Bards, bards and more bards please!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Im honestly interested in the Angelfire Apostle, and the new description does ease my mind a bit more.


A feat for clerics that lest them use their wisdom mod for number of uses for channeling would be nice and maybe an improved version then lets you add your cha+wis mods for number of uses.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Generally, I don't tend to have much of an issue with the number of times they can Channel as much as how ineffective it tends to be overall.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Angelfire apostle sounds fairly intense!
Really not sure what to expect from it?

Silver Crusade

Very nice cover!


Quen Pah wrote:
Interesting, I wonder if they update the 3.5 feat that allowed a person to add their level or something to their healing spell.It has been a while since I have looked at Complete Divine.

Paizo can not touch 3.5 material that's not in the SRD.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would love more channel feats in general.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Quen Pah wrote:
Interesting, I wonder if they update the 3.5 feat that allowed a person to add their level or something to their healing spell.It has been a while since I have looked at Complete Divine.
Paizo can not touch 3.5 material that's not in the SRD.

That doesn't mean they can't come up with something similar.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Stuff to do with channel...

Complete Divine...

>_>

<_<

Divine Metamagic. There. I said it.

Shadow Lodge

Which was awesome and outright briliant.
There, finished it.
:P


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I would love a spell that summons a floating ball of healing positive energy that a cleric can move around like a flaming sphere but heals allies it contacts with


Dragon78 wrote:
A feat for clerics that lest them use their wisdom mod for number of uses for channeling would be nice and maybe an improved version then lets you add your cha+wis mods for number of uses.

Or just a small edit on 'Extra Channel' that allows Clerics to double dip the feat if they want(Alchemists get Extra bombs, Paladins extra LoH multiple times so...)

Or just remove the level cap on the Cure spells. It will let a cleric get a bit more mileage out of CLW/CMW


DM Beckett wrote:
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Quen Pah wrote:
Interesting, I wonder if they update the 3.5 feat that allowed a person to add their level or something to their healing spell.It has been a while since I have looked at Complete Divine.
Paizo can not touch 3.5 material that's not in the SRD.
That doesn't mean they can't come up with something similar.

Like the Life Mystery revelation that removes the level cap on the Cure X Wounds spells.


Healing effect that otherwise functions like flaming sphere would be cool.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mythraine wrote:
Fair point. I don't want the cleric to be outclassed in the healing arena.

Too late. It's called the life oracle. If that's in the party, the cleric is the back-up healer.

I have absolutely no problem with other classes being able to heal themselves. It's up there with 4th and 5th edition and having access to second winds or small rests. Everyone has their own pool. I don't know about other people's groups, but the players I'm always with REFUSE to play clerics because they don't want to be the healbot. They just want to be the murder hobo that gets the spotlight attention. No, I'm all for this. The cleric can finally be allowed to do something other than heal everyone up, and other people can use up their own resources instead of forcing the cleric to tax themself to empty, creating that 15 minute day once more.

Shadow Lodge

Im a little bit on the fence. While I do agree that everyone having their own options to use their own resources and actions to heal themselves is cool, Im also of the opinion I think the game would be significantly more fun and challenging, and that healing would be much more interesting if the sheer number of ways and availability of healing where lessened.

Part of me would like to see Cure/Infernal Healing spells removed from all classes except Cleric and Paladin, with a few sprinkled in at later levels/higher level spells for a few other classes like Ranger and Druid. None for Witch, Alchemist, psychics, etc. . ., or if so handled very similar to Domain only spells.


DeciusNero wrote:

Angelfire apostle sounds fairly intense!

Really not sure what to expect from it?

"Angelfire" seems like it could be more intense channeling...like people are currently asking. Very intriguing.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Angelfire sounds like holy flame that can heal your allies and harm enemies in a similar manner to using positive energy against undead. Like evil creatures can be harmed by angelfire and good are healed. Something of that nature perhaps. Or maybe it's just more intense channeling.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Or maybe it's ice based and hurts Inevitables?

Silver Crusade

It would be nice if something similar to Augmented Healing would be in this book.

Grand Lodge

DM Beckett wrote:

Im a little bit on the fence. While I do agree that everyone having their own options to use their own resources and actions to heal themselves is cool, Im also of the opinion I think the game would be significantly more fun and challenging, and that healing would be much more interesting if the sheer number of ways and availability of healing where lessened.

Part of me would like to see Cure/Infernal Healing spells removed from all classes except Cleric and Paladin, with a few sprinkled in at later levels/higher level spells for a few other classes like Ranger and Druid. None for Witch, Alchemist, psychics, etc. . ., or if so handled very similar to Domain only spells.

I disagree with "fun", but it'd definitely be challenging. It'd be very 2e and 3e like. The problem is that other systems are carefree with their healing, and people are flocking towards that more nowadays. A lot of players refuse to have their characters move even a half inch if they're out or low on healing. While it kind of panders to those players than to the more hardcore who enjoy the idea of delving through 10 dungeon levels with no way to come back from the brink of death, if Paizo doesn't then they'll completely lose out on that demographic. Market wise, this is a good move.

That said, there's no reason why a group couldn't ignore this book altogether if the GM felt it took away from the challenge of the game.


A feat(or feats) that grants anyone a 1/day channel and/or lay on hands based on your character level would be awesome.


LoH one already exists. It's called Believer's Hands from the ACG.

Grand Lodge

deuxhero wrote:
LoH one already exists. It's called Believer's Hands from the ACG.

Yeah, but the requirements are difficult to achieve for most characters, and also needs a feat to attain it. Something more universal would be nice.

Shadow Lodge

kevin_video wrote:
DM Beckett wrote:

Im a little bit on the fence. While I do agree that everyone having their own options to use their own resources and actions to heal themselves is cool, Im also of the opinion I think the game would be significantly more fun and challenging, and that healing would be much more interesting if the sheer number of ways and availability of healing where lessened.

Part of me would like to see Cure/Infernal Healing spells removed from all classes except Cleric and Paladin, with a few sprinkled in at later levels/higher level spells for a few other classes like Ranger and Druid. None for Witch, Alchemist, psychics, etc. . ., or if so handled very similar to Domain only spells.

I disagree with "fun", but it'd definitely be challenging. It'd be very 2e and 3e like. The problem is that other systems are carefree with their healing, and people are flocking towards that more nowadays. A lot of players refuse to have their characters move even a half inch if they're out or low on healing. While it kind of panders to those players than to the more hardcore who enjoy the idea of delving through 10 dungeon levels with no way to come back from the brink of death, if Paizo doesn't then they'll completely lose out on that demographic. Market wise, this is a good move.

That said, there's no reason why a group couldn't ignore this book altogether if the GM felt it took away from the challenge of the game.

By more fun, I meant for the healers themselves.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Beckett wrote:

Im a little bit on the fence. While I do agree that everyone having their own options to use their own resources and actions to heal themselves is cool, Im also of the opinion I think the game would be significantly more fun and challenging, and that healing would be much more interesting if the sheer number of ways and availability of healing where lessened.

Part of me would like to see Cure/Infernal Healing spells removed from all classes except Cleric and Paladin, with a few sprinkled in at later levels/higher level spells for a few other classes like Ranger and Druid. None for Witch, Alchemist, psychics, etc. . ., or if so handled very similar to Domain only spells.

kevin_video wrote:

I disagree with "fun", but it'd definitely be challenging. It'd be very 2e and 3e like. The problem is that other systems are carefree with their healing, and people are flocking towards that more nowadays. A lot of players refuse to have their characters move even a half inch if they're out or low on healing. While it kind of panders to those players than to the more hardcore who enjoy the idea of delving through 10 dungeon levels with no way to come back from the brink of death, if Paizo doesn't then they'll completely lose out on that demographic. Market wise, this is a good move.

That said, there's no reason why a group couldn't ignore this book altogether if the GM felt it took away from the challenge of the game.

It wouldn't even be more challenging, the only result you get is that the party would be "cleric/paladin + 3 more classes" instead of "class capable of healing + 3 more classes"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
DM Beckett wrote:
kevin_video wrote:
DM Beckett wrote:

Im a little bit on the fence. While I do agree that everyone having their own options to use their own resources and actions to heal themselves is cool, Im also of the opinion I think the game would be significantly more fun and challenging, and that healing would be much more interesting if the sheer number of ways and availability of healing where lessened.

Part of me would like to see Cure/Infernal Healing spells removed from all classes except Cleric and Paladin, with a few sprinkled in at later levels/higher level spells for a few other classes like Ranger and Druid. None for Witch, Alchemist, psychics, etc. . ., or if so handled very similar to Domain only spells.

I disagree with "fun", but it'd definitely be challenging. It'd be very 2e and 3e like. The problem is that other systems are carefree with their healing, and people are flocking towards that more nowadays. A lot of players refuse to have their characters move even a half inch if they're out or low on healing. While it kind of panders to those players than to the more hardcore who enjoy the idea of delving through 10 dungeon levels with no way to come back from the brink of death, if Paizo doesn't then they'll completely lose out on that demographic. Market wise, this is a good move.

That said, there's no reason why a group couldn't ignore this book altogether if the GM felt it took away from the challenge of the game.

By more fun, I meant for the healers themselves.

Why would it be fun for a healer to be forced to play only one of two classes...? I mean, if they were planning on playing a cleric or a paladin already, good for them, but not really a change...


I'm really hoping the wizard archetype can be a serious healer. Not just one or two cure spells. I like healers but I really love arcane casters.


Perhaps something like Monte Cook's Iron Heroes. Every character has a pool of reserve HP that equals their max HP. They can draw upon the pool at a rate of, I forget, 1 a round or so. The pool replenishes when they rest and there is a feat that allows a PC to heal up to their level a round instead of 1.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

That reserve HP idea originated in Unearthed Arcana for D&D 3.5.

Grand Lodge

Archmage Variel wrote:
I'm really hoping the wizard archetype can be a serious healer. Not just one or two cure spells. I like healers but I really love arcane casters.

There was a feat in 3.5 that gave you access to any cleric domain so long as you had the Wis score and the alignment of the deity. Most players I knew with a wizard or sorcerer took the Healing domain just to help out where they could. Another feat gave the ability to learn a spell from another arcane caster. A lot of people preferred this feat for the bard, but sometimes a wizard or sorcerer, or even beguiler and warmage, took the bard cure spells.

Hopefully we get something close to that. Make it the equivalent to becoming a specialist wizard or something.

Shadow Lodge

Luthorne wrote:
Why would it be fun for a healer to be forced to play only one of two classes...? I mean, if they were planning on playing a cleric or a paladin already, good for them, but not really a change...

Because when everyone and their mother can do it, and sometimes just outright better, it becomes a lot less meaningful or important. A wand of Cure Light Wounds and/or Infernal Healing is cheap, and it feels like the Pathfinder mindset is that you can basically pick them up at Walmart.

What used to be miraculous is in Pathfinder almost redundant.


DM Beckett wrote:
Luthorne wrote:
Why would it be fun for a healer to be forced to play only one of two classes...? I mean, if they were planning on playing a cleric or a paladin already, good for them, but not really a change...

Because when everyone and their mother can do it, and sometimes just outright better, it becomes a lot less meaningful or important. A wand of Cure Light Wounds and/or Infernal Healing is cheap, and it feels like the Pathfinder mindset is that you can basically pick them up at Walmart.

What used to be miraculous is in Pathfinder almost redundant.

There was something in 3.0 that said commoners earn 1 sp/day. Most of that would likely go toward living expenses. So the average commoner would likely not be able to afford a Shortsword, let alone even the cheapest magic items. Even the lowest level adventurers begin with a lot of gold and equipment. Whether they got that by purchasing it or as a gift is another matter.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
DM Beckett wrote:
Luthorne wrote:
Why would it be fun for a healer to be forced to play only one of two classes...? I mean, if they were planning on playing a cleric or a paladin already, good for them, but not really a change...

Because when everyone and their mother can do it, and sometimes just outright better, it becomes a lot less meaningful or important. A wand of Cure Light Wounds and/or Infernal Healing is cheap, and it feels like the Pathfinder mindset is that you can basically pick them up at Walmart.

What used to be miraculous is in Pathfinder almost redundant.

I'm just not sure people playing rock paper scissors, loser has to play a cleric, is a significant improvement. Frankly, I feel like if any class is mandatory and someone needs to play one regardless of whether or not anyone wants to play one...that's a sign of bad design. A class should be played because a player thinks it would be fun to play it, not because the system essentially forces them to do so. If the class isn't fun to play - or at least, most don't view it as fun to play - that may be an issue with the class itself, rather than the system.

Though I also tend to think that hit point restoration is the least important part of healing...given the number of debilitating conditions out there. Which is, unsurprisingly, where the cleric does excel, given that they can prepare virtually any condition-removal spell as need be...especially that pesky dead condition.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A healing focused summoner would be awesome. Also a positive energy based eidolon would be cool.


I'm still curious as to what new mercies a paladin might have... I mean would they still be mercies IF they're more like buffs?


I am also curious about what the new mercies will be like.

Dark Archive

Dragon78 wrote:
I am also curious about what the new mercies will be like.

If Cayden Cailean had Paladins, they'd totally have a Mercy that freed you from bonds or restraints, and another that made you not quite so drunk in a hurry...

And if he had Anti-Paladins, they'd have a 'Mercy' that made you drunk, or made you get all entangled in your own clothing.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Set wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
I am also curious about what the new mercies will be like.

If Cayden Cailean had Paladins, they'd totally have a Mercy that freed you from bonds or restraints, and another that made you not quite so drunk in a hurry...

And if he had Anti-Paladins, they'd have a 'Mercy' that made you drunk, or made you get all entangled in your own clothing.

Speaking of, I would like to see a CG pally atchetype similar to 3.5's Holy Liberator.

Grand Lodge

DeciusNero wrote:
Set wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
I am also curious about what the new mercies will be like.

If Cayden Cailean had Paladins, they'd totally have a Mercy that freed you from bonds or restraints, and another that made you not quite so drunk in a hurry...

And if he had Anti-Paladins, they'd have a 'Mercy' that made you drunk, or made you get all entangled in your own clothing.

Speaking of, I would like to see a CG pally atchetype similar to 3.5's Holy Liberator.

I'd be happy with seeing the OGL conversion of the 3.5 CG Paladin of Freedom. (I'd also be thrilled to see the LE Paladin of Tyranny at some point too.)


Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
kevin_video wrote:
DeciusNero wrote:
Set wrote:
Dragon78 wrote:
I am also curious about what the new mercies will be like.

If Cayden Cailean had Paladins, they'd totally have a Mercy that freed you from bonds or restraints, and another that made you not quite so drunk in a hurry...

And if he had Anti-Paladins, they'd have a 'Mercy' that made you drunk, or made you get all entangled in your own clothing.

Speaking of, I would like to see a CG pally atchetype similar to 3.5's Holy Liberator.
I'd be happy with seeing the OGL conversion of the 3.5 CG Paladin of Freedom. (I'd also be thrilled to see the LE Paladin of Tyranny at some point too.)

Didn't we get that last one in Ultimate Intrigue?

Grand Lodge

Luthorne wrote:
Didn't we get that last one in Ultimate Intrigue?

Something you could consider "close enough", yeah. They also had detect chaos and some of the enchantment spells were added to their list. The 3pp version done by Necromancers of the Northwest is considered closer.


Set,

I don't think Cayden allows for CE followers... Now Calistra! Yes.

Also I keep wondering if they are buffs, can you really call them mercies.

Mercies seem to be about removing hindering conditions, not about buffing existing people.


The new mercies could be things that let a character ignore things like Difficult Terrain that aren't effects on the character directly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well, currently the paladin's mercies cover: blinded, cursed, dazed, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, frightened, nauseated, paralyzed, poisoned, shaken, sickened, staggered, and stunned.

This could still leave room for: confused, cowering, dazzled, energy drain, entangled, fascinated, or petrified. Additionally, an option to remove ability damage and, at higher levels, drain, would be nice. Technically there's still conditions like flat-footed, grappled, or prone, but it seems unlikely a mercy would cover those.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would love mercies that cover ability damage, ability drain, confusion, energy drain, petrified, and various fear effects.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I hope Evil gets some nice healing abilities too (is Evil Angelfire Apostle even doable ?)

Much interested in any ability that would help you trade HPs for bonus to hit or damage (and the other way around too). Hope that this is what "harnessing your own vigor in the heat of battle" entails :-)

251 to 300 of 699 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Player Companion: Healer's Handbook (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.