[SF] Fly Free or Die AP - GM Ewok

Game Master EwokBanshee

Slides


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,039 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

AoO vs Green; Entropic Taclash vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Damage (A): 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Akh swings almost blindly, but the coils of his create a web of mildly disintegrating threads in green's path.
--
(I'd like to take a guarded step north-east to stop getting flanked. Strek, could you step eastward?)

Akh staggers back under the assault coming from all sides. He takes a single swing at teal, hoping to finish them off before they can do much more harm to the less-armored members of his team. In his haste, his aim is far from accurate.

Entropic Taclash vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Damage (A): 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Grand Lodge

Slides

Melissa and Guess? hit Teal but he is still standing. Akh's AoO hits Green, who is also still up.


Male Nuar Mercenary Soldier (bombard) 5 | SP 40, HP 41, RP 6/6 | EAC 22, KAC 24, CMD 32 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F+5 R+4 W+5 | Init +7 | Perc+1 Social+0 Sense Motive+1 | Acrobatics+9 Athletics+11 Culture+6 Piloting+13 Profession(merc) +9 | Speed 30 ft. | grenade launcher: frag grenade ii (6) | aurora storm doshko: 14/20 | Salvage Grenade: web grenade i | Active Conditions: None

Okay, now that I've rattled your skulls some, it's time for the tech-scythe! Jaraduk proclaims as he switches out his grenade launcher for his doshko.

[move] Stow weapon
[move] Draw weapon


NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills

"You got it, buddy."

Strek steps back and fires at the green-masked Vesk again, while bleeding a little green on the floor himself.

Called Ember Agitator vs EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage (F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Overcharge: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Silver Crusade

Female, CG Ysoki, Soldier1 Envoy 4 | SP 31/31 HP 33/33| RP 6/7 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4+1d6 Blindsense Scent 30 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Ramen

"You REALLY don't like dropping your tools do you?" as her sonic gun bounces off the vesk "This is not the time for tool safety!!!!!"


Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

I'm worried we've pushed two of them low without taking either down. We'll see how bad the counterattack goes.


I'll go ahead and bot Del. I also realized that Guess? moved to a spot that blocks Del's movement, so if it is okay, I'm going to move him one more square as a part of his move.

Del takes a guarded step away from teal, then casts overheat covering teal and green!!

DC16 reflex to halve. 15 foot cone outlined on the map.
Fire damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Hoping teal and green don't do so hot on their reflex saves!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

Uh oh, did a GM post get gobbled by the forums?


MMMMMMM. POST


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male, CN Space Goblin, Corporate Agent Operative (Free Trader) 5 | SP 30/30 HP 27/27 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | Fort +2; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 45ft | Active conditions: none
Akh Xi wrote:
Uh oh, did a GM post get gobbled by the forums?

Haha! Nah, that bot was from me. I figured Del is dealing with RL. GM is probably occupied with his current travel logistics. I'm assuming things will slow down quite a bit this month with the holidays. ;-)

@BNW nom nom nom! =D


Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

Lol, I did not even consider that option!

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Slides

I'm back! Sorry about all that, with travel I have been running ragged from dawn till dusk. I'm now thinking I'll continue to be fairly irregular for the next six days, then back to our daily programming.

Melissa drops the pain and a weapon from her vantage point at the top of the room while reminding the group of the patrolling security robots. Guess? manages to stay an inch ahead of the vesk's roaming claws while he escapes to safety, turning and planting a slightly-more-lethal shell in the vesk's shoulder. Akh, focusing on defense and crowd control, whips the vesk chasing down Strek but is unable to get the lash around in time to land a serious blow on the agents surrounding him.

As Jaraduk gets ready for clobbering time, Strek retreats behind the safety of his more muscled allies and sends a blast of radiation into the oncoming vesk. The Adamant Talon snarls in pain but continues to stalk forward towards his prey, ignoring the other attacks. The other Talon flexes his hands and stares down Jaraduk. It seems your attacks are getting to the stoic spies, as this one growls out a threat, "Rattle my skull all you want, yours will be split on the floor before -". But the vesk's words curl into a scream as Del's summoned boiling cooking oil coats the backs of both warriors. Overcome by pain, both drop to the floor. Thanks for the bot, it was just enough to take them both out.

Reflex, DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Reflex, DC 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Renevaya curses as Akh continues to avoid her attempts to disable his weapon. "Your training serves you well, 'borg. It won't be enough." Her lackey takes a step forward, unwilling to draw the ire of Akh's lash with a faster movement, and takes advantage of the android's distraction to plunge a sharp blow into his side. I'm guessing you're going to mitigate 4 of the damage. If not, you'll go into your HP.

Sunder @ Taclash, DC 30: 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

entropic strike (claw) @ Akh: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28
Damage, A & S: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Jinx covers Nemelith, landing a shot on the last Talon while Nemelith begins picking the lock to the southern doors. At that moment, as if summoned by Melissa's warning, the far door opens to reveal the security droids! "COMMANDER. IT APPEARS YOU NEED ASSISTANCE. INTRUDERS."

Round 5, everyone is up!
Strek SP 0/28, HP 19/30, RP 4/4
Jaraduk SP 19/28, HP 34/34, RP 5/5
Akh SP 3/36, HP 32/32, RP 4/4
     Taclash 11/18 HP
Melissa SP 25/25, HP 27/27, RP 5/5
Guess? SP 24/24, HP 22/22, RP 6/6
Del SP: 9/20, HP: 24/24, RP: 5/5

Red Renevaya the Gentle, 0 Damage
Yellow Adamant Scale, 30 Damage
Green Adamant Scale, 54 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 0
Purple Adamant Scale, 50 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, STABLE
Teal Adamant Scale, 48 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 0

Silver Crusade

Female, CG Ysoki, Soldier1 Envoy 4 | SP 31/31 HP 33/33| RP 6/7 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4+1d6 Blindsense Scent 30 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Ramen

"I really should train as a precog but honestly whats the point... Get the yellow one!"

attack KAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10

damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Nuar Mercenary Soldier (bombard) 5 | SP 40, HP 41, RP 6/6 | EAC 22, KAC 24, CMD 32 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F+5 R+4 W+5 | Init +7 | Perc+1 Social+0 Sense Motive+1 | Acrobatics+9 Athletics+11 Culture+6 Piloting+13 Profession(merc) +9 | Speed 30 ft. | grenade launcher: frag grenade ii (6) | aurora storm doshko: 14/20 | Salvage Grenade: web grenade i | Active Conditions: None

Jaraduk looks at the doshko in his hands, and then looks around to make sure he hasn't lost track of any foes before rushing in to slam those surrounding Akh.

Okay, where were we!

[move] 10'
[standard] attack YELLOW

tactical doshko attack YELLOW, P damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d12 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Oh. No no no. Stand still!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male, CN Space Goblin, Corporate Agent Operative (Free Trader) 5 | SP 30/30 HP 27/27 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | Fort +2; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 45ft | Active conditions: none

"No way in a chameleon years will you defeat us!" declares Guess? as he shoots at yellow!

Stunt and Strike (Bluff) vs CR: 1d20 + 15 + 4 - 20 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 4 - 20 = 2 or below is flat-footed
Diasporan Rifle vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage (F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 flat-footed to all and -2 to saves if Stunt and Strike succeeded


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills

As Del ignites her cooking oil and the scales of the vesk peel back, Strek can't help but add, "Gives new meaning to the phrase, 'Out of the frying pan and into the fire'."

With two down and two to go, Strek adjusts GUMBI to focus on Melissa's target and lets another shot out..

Called Ember Agitator vs EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 24
Damage (F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Overcharge: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

Slides

Yellow is down, Akh and Del are up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills

I know what we can do. Strek can Bluff to claim we ARE assassins, probably fail, and cause her to disbelieve him.

Because Diplomacy can't always convince someone of the truth, but you CAN lie so terribly that they don't believe you =P


Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

Yep, mitigating!

Akh, impressed by how sturdy his budget taclash is turning out to be, retaliates against Renevaya with full force. Rather than risk the weapon further, he slashes with his claws.

Entropic Strike vs. EAC; full: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 4 = 6 Damage (A): 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Entropic Strike vs. EAC; full: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 4 = 23 Damage (A): 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

He calls out to the security droids "Hello. Your commander doesn't need help. She's doing great. You should go back and continue guarding the other rooms that are probably being invaded right now."


I'm going to assume it is okay to bot Del if a) it has been more than a day since GM Ewok has said that everyone is up and b) everyone else has already posted their turn. Del, do let me know if you prefer otherwise!

Del casts puncture veil as a full round action on Renevaya!
piercing damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Also applies bleeding 2 for three rounds.


Female Sarcesian Witchwarper 5 | SP: 25/25, HP: 29/29, RP: 5/5 | EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1 R:+7 W:+1 | Init +4 | Perc +0, Diplomacy +10, Social +4, Sense Motive +0 | Acrobatics +12, Culture +9, Life Science +2, Mysticism +10, Physical Science +5, Piloting +16, Profession (chef) +13 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 60 ft. (vacuum) | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 3/5 | Active Conditions: None

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the bot! Honestly, just what I was aiming for. Back at it now.

"Taaaaaake this!" Del exclaims, directing her magic at Renevaya. Doing as noted above.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Slides

Sorry y'all, I really though we'd be done with the book by now but I was just not able to post the last two weeks. I'm back now, so we can resume our normal schedule.

Melissa gives a great example of what not to do, firing her rifle into the air. Jaraduk, distracted, slips his doshko along the edge of the vesk's armor. Guess? and Strek are more in tune with ysoki-directions, however, and cover the last Adamant Scale in fire power and knock him down.

Akh claws at Renevaya, encountering a mystical force that seems to mitigate the damage from his attacks. "Two can play at that game, assassin." She lashes out twice, one of her chaos-shrouded claws making its way into his neck. A wave of android-blood pours out across his chest but Akh's willpower keeps him standing. You're standing either way, but I assume you want to use mitigate here?

entropic strike (claw) @ Akh: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 16 - 4 = 32
Damage (A & S): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 = 15
Damage (A & S): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 6) + 10 = 19

entropic strike (claw) @ Akh: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 4 = 19
Damage (A & S): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 5) + 10 = 21

Del miniature kitchen knives lash out again, bringing forth small rivulets of blood from the veskarium leader's back. Renevaya the Gentle calls out, "Alright, 'bots, succeed where the living could not. End them." The trio of drones move forward, one of which fires a grenade into the midst of your group. A second moves forward on silent wings while the third sends an electrical bolt into the floor.

stickybomb grenade II, DC 5: 1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 10 = -5
Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Distance: 1d4 ⇒ 1Somehow that still hits everyone but Guess? Pass a DC 16 save or become entangled for 2d4 rounds.

integrated pulsecaster pistol @ Akh: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 4 - 2 = 10
Damage E nonlethal: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 6, everyone is up!
Strek SP 0/28, HP 19/30, RP 4/4
Jaraduk SP 19/28, HP 34/34, RP 5/5
Akh SP 0/36, HP 5/32, RP 4/4
     Taclash 11/18 HP
Melissa SP 25/25, HP 27/27, RP 5/5
Guess? SP 24/24, HP 22/22, RP 6/6
Del SP: 9/20, HP: 24/24, RP: 5/5

Red Renevaya the Gentle, 10 Damage, BLEEDING 2 FOR TWO MORE ROUNDS
Yellow Adamant Scale, 51 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 0
Green Adamant Scale, 54 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 1
Purple Adamant Scale, 50 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, STABLE
Teal Adamant Scale, 48 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 1

Teal Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage
Red Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage
Green Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage

Silver Crusade

Female, CG Ysoki, Soldier1 Envoy 4 | SP 31/31 HP 33/33| RP 6/7 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4+1d6 Blindsense Scent 30 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Ramen

This.. may rank up there with getting in a car with a gray For being a bad idea. But as Melissa has just pointed out, they're box haulers backed into a corner. Not a cold blooded death squad making tactical decisions.

"Get off my mech dragon you egg sucking tail twisting daughter of a toothless chicken! YOu.. " there's a series of chitters and sparks as her EJ humanoid resources filtertm tries to keep up as the swearing gets worse... and can't. She spits out a knife "upside down hatched defrex spittle unfit for an omlette!" ... SOMEONE taught her what not to say to a vesk in polite company...

Melissa flies out of the ceiling, through Aks coils and tries to ram her knife into Renevayay's stomach at full tilt.

bullrush attempt: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 = 13

"back up Akh she's mine!!!"

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Slides

Surprisingly... Renevaya the Gentle, leader of (one of )the Veskarium's top hit squads and spy teams, the Adamant Scale - (does not have AC 5) is not pushed over by a small ball of energetic fur.


Male Nuar Mercenary Soldier (bombard) 5 | SP 40, HP 41, RP 6/6 | EAC 22, KAC 24, CMD 32 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F+5 R+4 W+5 | Init +7 | Perc+1 Social+0 Sense Motive+1 | Acrobatics+9 Athletics+11 Culture+6 Piloting+13 Profession(merc) +9 | Speed 30 ft. | grenade launcher: frag grenade ii (6) | aurora storm doshko: 14/20 | Salvage Grenade: web grenade i | Active Conditions: None

D16 Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Jaraduk is incredulous at getting hit by Renevaya's bomb.

What?! No! That's my thing! Aaaarg!

He draws and throws a web grenade 5 feet behind her.

Web grenade attack AC5, mire rounds: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d4 ⇒ 1


Female Sarcesian Witchwarper 5 | SP: 25/25, HP: 29/29, RP: 5/5 | EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1 R:+7 W:+1 | Init +4 | Perc +0, Diplomacy +10, Social +4, Sense Motive +0 | Acrobatics +12, Culture +9, Life Science +2, Mysticism +10, Physical Science +5, Piloting +16, Profession (chef) +13 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 60 ft. (vacuum) | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 3/5 | Active Conditions: None

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Duration of Entangled: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Finding herself all tangled in goo, Del let's out a little shriek of surprise and nearly trips. Holding her balance she glares at Renevaya and casts out her mind, forcing the vesk to relive an entire day's actions, pains, and thoughts, in an instant.

Casting day's weariness.
Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 8, 1, 5) = 16 Plus they're fatigued for 4 rounds.
DC 17 Will save. On a success, they take half damage and aren't fatigued.


Male, CN Space Goblin, Corporate Agent Operative (Free Trader) 5 | SP 30/30 HP 27/27 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | Fort +2; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 45ft | Active conditions: none

"Funny that you believe we're the assassins when it's you who is cold blooded!" says Guess? as he fires at Renevaya!

Stunt and Strike (Bluff) vs CR: 1d20 + 15 + 4 - 20 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 4 - 20 = 4 or below is flat-footed
Diasporan Rifle vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage (F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 flat-footed to all and -2 to saves if Stunt and Strike succeeded


Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

Unfortunately, I was out of EP after the previous round, so no mitigate this time! Thankfully that crit didn't knock me out.

Akh staggers under the dreadful hit and spends a good few seconds considering whether it might be better to fake being knocked unconscious to avoid anything like that happening again. Of course, by the time he's come to the decision that it *would* be a good idea, the moment is long past.

Reflex vs goop: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

No willing to abandon the team, Akh focuses his strength into what might be one last attack, drawing upon all his entropic energy. (Spending 2 EP I gained from the crit on powering up the next attack.) Echoing wetly as various oils start sloshing into his internal cavity, Akh comments "Melissa, I think, making the megalomaniacal, shadow-agency ringleader even more angry, isn't going to do, that much good."

Entropic Claw vs. EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Damage (A): 1d3 + 6 + 2d4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + (1, 3) = 13


NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills
GM Ewok wrote:

stickybomb grenade II, DC 5: 1d20 + 4 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 10 = -5

Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Distance: 1d4 ⇒ 1Somehow that still hits everyone but Guess? Pass a DC 16 save or become entangled for 2d4 rounds.

What's the –10 from? Or is it supposed to be –6 vs AC 9 (5+4 for cover)? I only ask because penalties to Grenade attacks typically lower the Reflex DC.

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Using Akh's body as a shield against the worst of the sticky goo, Strek releases a hand from his weapon, pulls out a Serum of Healing, and jabs it into the copper tubing labeled "Emergency Injection Site".

Akh is Healed for: 1d8 ⇒ 4

"Side effects may include vicious mauling of nearby Vesk."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Sarcesian Witchwarper 5 | SP: 25/25, HP: 29/29, RP: 5/5 | EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1 R:+7 W:+1 | Init +4 | Perc +0, Diplomacy +10, Social +4, Sense Motive +0 | Acrobatics +12, Culture +9, Life Science +2, Mysticism +10, Physical Science +5, Piloting +16, Profession (chef) +13 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 60 ft. (vacuum) | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 3/5 | Active Conditions: None

I didn't realize Akh was so low on HP! If Akh takes HP damage this turn, Del will activate her prevent wounds as a reaction to reduce the damage by 2d4!


Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

No problem Del - I went from full HP to 1 HP in one hit.

@Strek: Yeah, I would have thought it'd be -6 if its range increments. Either way, the range increments should make that save much easier to meet.

Grand Lodge

Slides

Ooh, I forgot the penalties affect the DC as well. So everyone will be fine, except Jaraduk. I miscounted the range increments as well, so it's a -8 for a DC of 8.

Will, DC 17: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

As Jaraduk's explosion covers the area in sticky goo, Del's magic fills Renevaya's mind. Unfortunately, the leader appears to be resistant to Guess?'s insults and is prepared for her magic - shrugging off the worst effects. Guess?'s shot lands with his words - bouncing off Renevaya's thick shell.

As Strek's healing enters his insides, Akh strikes down at Renevaya with a heavy blow while Melissa bounces off the vesk's shield. "The panic is setting in. Your minds are weak, you lack discipline." Her claws flash out in the overhead lighting, one of which gouges deep into Melissa's thin armor while the other does only superficial damage to the armor around Akh's heavy wounds.

entropic strike (claw) @ Akh: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 4 = 20
Damage (A & S): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14

entropic strike (claw) @ Melissa: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 16 - 4 = 18
Damage (A & S): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3) + 10 = 16

The robots fly closer, one firing another grenade in a more successful arc. A second fires an ineffective blast at Akh while the third moves in to threaten Guess? and Del with it's chassis while firing a pulse at Del.

stickybomb grenade II, DC 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Everyone but Guess? Pass a DC 16 save or become entangled for 2d4 rounds.

integrated pulsecaster pistol @ Akh: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 4 = 19
Damage E nonlethal: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
integrated pulsecaster pistol @ Del: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage E nonlethal: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Round 7, everyone is up!
Strek SP 0/28, HP 19/30, RP 4/4
Jaraduk SP 19/28, HP 34/34, RP 5/5, ENTANGLED
Akh SP 0/36, HP 5/32, RP 4/4
     Taclash 11/18 HP
Melissa SP 9/25, HP 27/27, RP 5/5
Guess? SP 24/24, HP 22/22, RP 6/6
Del SP: 5/20, HP: 24/24, RP: 5/5

Red Renevaya the Gentle, 33 Damage, BLEEDING 2 FOR ONE MORE ROUNDS
Yellow Adamant Scale, 51 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 0
Green Adamant Scale, 54 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 1
Purple Adamant Scale, 50 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, STABLE
Teal Adamant Scale, 48 Damage UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 1

Teal Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage
Red Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage
Green Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage

Silver Crusade

Female, CG Ysoki, Soldier1 Envoy 4 | SP 31/31 HP 33/33| RP 6/7 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4+1d6 Blindsense Scent 30 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Ramen

Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills
GM Ewok wrote:
Akh SP 0/36, HP 5/32, RP 4/4

Plus the 4 HP from my Serum ^_^

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

*sniff, sniff* "Wait a second.. is this stuff just condensed.. You MONSTERS!! GUMBI! Zero in on that Vesk!"

Called Ember Agitator vs EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
Damage (F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Overcharge: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

Female, CG Ysoki, Soldier1 Envoy 4 | SP 31/31 HP 33/33| RP 6/7 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4+1d6 Blindsense Scent 30 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Ramen

(to the best of my ability to trawl the rules forums, entangled doesn't prevent a guarded step. Which i guess explains the difficult terrain grenades. If I'm wrong on that, mystic cure doesn't provoke, and spell gems don't seem to have a seperate aoo besides casting the spell)

"You are only getting to the Mope Rope through me, one way or another, you skinny tailed gecko" She'll spit out a rootbeer flavored spell gem (and a tooth) Grab Akh by the tail. A whoosh of fiery wings envlops her as a gash appears on her neck, while the one on Akh closes up signifigantly.

Be healed!: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 from 15 HP donated from Melissa


Male, CN Space Goblin, Corporate Agent Operative (Free Trader) 5 | SP 30/30 HP 27/27 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | Fort +2; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 45ft | Active conditions: none

Tied up at the moment so will post a bit later on today. But just checking... Are those two NPCs from the other ship still in the room?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills

Strek Armstrom wrote:
GM Ewok wrote:
Akh SP 0/36, HP 5/32, RP 4/4
Plus the 4 HP from my Serum ^_^

Ah, nevermind. Akh would have gone down to 5hp, had he mitigated, and thus would have been healed up to 9hp, from my Serum, but since he couldn't mitigate, he went down to 1hp, and then was healed to 5hp.

The coincidence of 4s!

Note to self—be sure to scrape up this goo for repurposing later..

Grand Lodge

Slides

Yepp, your math is right, Strek. 4 was a popular number this round. Guess?, they are still in the room. They're still fiddling with the door lock and firing terrible pot shots over their shoulders. AKA... scenery.


Male Android (xeno-Dragonkin) Vanguard 5 | SP 0/50 HP 18/39 RP 5/5 | EAC 22 KAC 23 | F +7 R +9 W +3 (+2 vs. paral, pois, disease, mental. Sleep immune, Evasion) | EP 0/3 | Init +5 | Perc +9 | Status: --

Reflex vs. entangle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Rather stunned to be both still standing and gradually getting less dented and banged up thanks to the help of his team, Akh ducks under another splash of goop and then puts his all into putting Renevaya into an early grave. "Yes, mind weak, lacking discipline. Guilty as charged. It will be really embarrassing, when you die here. Maybe we'll all die here actually, at this rate."

Entropic Strike w/ claws, full, vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 4 = 20 Damage (A): 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Entropic Strike w/ claws, full, vs EAC: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 4 = 7 Damage (A): 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female, CG Ysoki, Soldier1 Envoy 4 | SP 31/31 HP 33/33| RP 6/7 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4+1d6 Blindsense Scent 30 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Ramen

"Oh. No. She's NOT dying here. We are NOT being that easy on her." Only some of the red stuff dribbling from her mouth is the soup. "I have plans..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Nuar Mercenary Soldier (bombard) 5 | SP 40, HP 41, RP 6/6 | EAC 22, KAC 24, CMD 32 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F+5 R+4 W+5 | Init +7 | Perc+1 Social+0 Sense Motive+1 | Acrobatics+9 Athletics+11 Culture+6 Piloting+13 Profession(merc) +9 | Speed 30 ft. | grenade launcher: frag grenade ii (6) | aurora storm doshko: 14/20 | Salvage Grenade: web grenade i | Active Conditions: None

DC16 Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Jaraduk slowly trudges out of the blast radius and swings his doshko at the nearest security bot he happens upon.

[move] 15'
[standard] attack RED
tactical doshko attack RED (entangled): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 2 = 251d12 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 ah, there's the good roll


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male, CN Space Goblin, Corporate Agent Operative (Free Trader) 5 | SP 30/30 HP 27/27 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | Fort +2; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 45ft | Active conditions: none

Jaraduk, that's also a crit so there should be an additional 1d12+7 to your damage. A bit of payback for red hitting Akh so hard last round!

Guess? moves over 10 feet, drawing the green bot's attention. (This move provokes an AOO from green.)

Guess? says, "Del, while I've got this green bot's attention, do your magic thingy on Renevaya!"
(I'm assuming that because Guess? provoked green, whatever Del does this round won't provoke.)

Guess? then fires again at Renevaya!
Diasporan Rifle vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage (F), crit: 1d8 + 4 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (3) + 4 = 18

Lastly, Guess? yells at Nemelith and Jinx, "Will you two do SOMETHING useful? At least go and stand in front of one of the bots to distract it! Or else when this is done, I'm just gonna fry you up with my goblin tribe's eleven secret herbs and spices, then eat you up myself!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
This is purely for RP purposes... not attempting anything mechanical to happen here.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills

"Spoiler alert: the 'secret' is they're just the first eleven tasty things he can find in the pantry."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Nuar Mercenary Soldier (bombard) 5 | SP 40, HP 41, RP 6/6 | EAC 22, KAC 24, CMD 32 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F+5 R+4 W+5 | Init +7 | Perc+1 Social+0 Sense Motive+1 | Acrobatics+9 Athletics+11 Culture+6 Piloting+13 Profession(merc) +9 | Speed 30 ft. | grenade launcher: frag grenade ii (6) | aurora storm doshko: 14/20 | Salvage Grenade: web grenade i | Active Conditions: None
Guess? wrote:
Jaraduk, that's also a crit so there should be an additional 1d12+7 to your damage. A bit of payback for red hitting Akh so hard last round!

Yup, noted it was a crit. I couldn't remember which crit method we used in this game: double the result, or double the dice. Just in case...

Le crit: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Suddenly I like double the result

Grand Lodge

Slides

Strek, overwhelmed by the impact of the grenade, fires into the far wall. Meanwhile, Melissa taps into her arcane potential (and perhaps a touch of demonic heritage) to heal Akh's most grievous wounds - despite the goo that pulls at her fur. The dragon's lash bends through the air, ripping into Renevaya's back though it does seem protected by chaotic energies.

AOO slam @ Guess?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage, B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Guess? wiggles around the robot, firing a rifle bolt into Renevaya's head. The impact blows a hole in her mask, exposing the wild eye beneath. Yet, perhaps due to the entropic dark shadows dancing around the impact site, the vesk continues to fight unhindered. Someone can bot Del for last round. No AoO threat left.

entropic strike (claw) @ Akh: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 16 - 4 = 23
Damage (A & S): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 3) + 10 = 15
entropic strike (claw) @ Akh: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 4 = 20
Damage (A & S): 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 5) + 10 = 21

Renevaya the Gentle looks around the room, seeing loyal soldiers falling around her. "You wouldn't understand. To die a hero of the veskarium, name scrawled in the gods' book of loyal servants, is better than any one could ask for." She brandishes fists full of claws menacingly. "Especially if I take one of you with me." The vesk jumps and spins in a circle, one set of talons faking while the other cuts into Akh's gut and spills more cooling liquids across the floor. Thanks to the help of his friends, the android stays standing.

A few feet away, Jaraduk takes an overhead swing down at the nearest security robot, cutting it in two! The other drones give off a series of worried tones, one splashing a weak bolt of electricity across Akh's armor while the other hits Guess? in the thigh with a zap easily absorbed by his armor.

integrated pulsecaster pistol @ Akh: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage E nonlethal: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

integrated pulsecaster pistol @ Guess?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage E nonlethal: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Nemelith, on her hands and knees in front of the door, calls out "Got it!" as hinge swings open. Jinx looks over at Guess? with a sassy look and fires two shots at the drone closest to the pair. There you go, you can have Harrying Fire on the Green robot. Never say I didn't do nothing for ya. :)

Round 8, everyone is up!
Strek SP 0/28, HP 19/30, RP 4/4
Jaraduk SP 19/28, HP 34/34, RP 5/5, ENTANGLED
Akh SP 0/36, HP 13/32, RP 4/4
     Taclash 11/18 HP
Melissa SP 9/25, HP 27/27, RP 5/5, ENTANGLED
Guess? SP 19/24, HP 22/22, RP 6/6
Del SP: 5/20, HP: 24/24, RP: 5/5

Red Renevaya the Gentle, 51 Damage
Yellow Adamant Scale, UNCONSCIOUS, DYING 2
Green Adamant Scale DEAD
Purple Adamant Scale, UNCONSCIOUS, STABLE
Teal Adamant Scale DEAD
Red Observer-Class Security Robot 21 Damage, DESTROYED

Teal Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage
Green Observer-Class Security Robot 0 Damage, HARRIED

Silver Crusade

Female, CG Ysoki, Soldier1 Envoy 4 | SP 31/31 HP 33/33| RP 6/7 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +8; Will +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +7, SM: +4+1d6 Blindsense Scent 30 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Ramen

Melissas blue eyes glow red.

"Like I said. We're not going that easy on you. We're not going to kill you in glorious combat. No happy war game in the sky. We're shoving you in your own machine until we figure out how it works. Renevaya the Gentle? Lets make that true. How about we make you the daintiest, most sensitive little prince in the veskarium? If you so much as accidentally step on a spider you'll fall down on your tail and cry like a hatchling for DAYS. We'll see if your gods want you then"

"Or you can tell me which one of these nest nobs knows how to work the thing. "

"Get her. Aliiive"

Tries to heal another test subject

medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


NG Male Brakim Mechanic (5) | EAC 19, KAC 20 | SP 40, HP 36, RP 5 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +3 (+6 vs Radiation; +4 vs Contact & Injury Diseases & Poisons) | Perc +13 (Add +4 to Search) | Darkvision | Initiative +4 | Speed 40 feet | See Profile for Skills
Melissa_Norveg wrote:
"Get her. Aliiive"

"I think that can be arranged. We still got that giant terrarium, right?"

Strek drops his microwave gun onto the desk and makes a break for a more open shot, drawing his Zero Rifle as he moves. When he's in position, he aims right for Renevaya's center mass.

Merciful Frostbite-Class Zero Rifle vs EAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 18
Nonlethal (C): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Overcharge: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Sarcesian Witchwarper 5 | SP: 25/25, HP: 29/29, RP: 5/5 | EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+1 R:+7 W:+1 | Init +4 | Perc +0, Diplomacy +10, Social +4, Sense Motive +0 | Acrobatics +12, Culture +9, Life Science +2, Mysticism +10, Physical Science +5, Piloting +16, Profession (chef) +13 | Speed 30 ft., Fly 60 ft. (vacuum) | Spells: 2nd: 0/3, 1st: 3/5 | Active Conditions: None

Looks like I missed a round and I don't see a bot action for me in there, so taking two rounds of actions.

Reflex vs. Entangled: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Del gasps in pain from the electric shock and that gross goo, but rallies her focus, using the last of her magical energy to cast one last spell at Renevaya. Casting day's weariness.

Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 8, 7) = 26 Plus they're fatigued for 4 rounds.
DC 17 Will save. On a success, they take half damage and aren't fatigued.

---

Seeing Akh's blood splatter everywhere, Del reaches out with her mind and nudges the attack slightly off course, sparing Akh a bit of pain.
Using prevent wounds as a reaction to reduce the damage Akh took by 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

With no magic left at her disposal, Del reaches for a spell gem, focuses on the sparks of energy contained within, and smacks the green robot upside its head. Using her spell gem of jolting surge. Doesn't provoke.
Attack vs. EAC: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 5
Electricity Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3, 3) = 11

Unfortunately, her aim is as poor as always, and she misses completely.


Male, CN Space Goblin, Corporate Agent Operative (Free Trader) 5 | SP 30/30 HP 27/27 | RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 21 | Fort +2; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +7 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 45ft | Active conditions: none

"My ysoki friend here, iguana take you in alive... But me, I don't really care much either way - so long as you just stop impeding our profits!"

Guess? fires at Renevaya! Unless she's already down, in which case Guess? will fire at the green bot.

Stunt and Strike (Bluff) vs CR: 1d20 + 15 + 4 - 20 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 4 - 20 = 13 or below is flat-footed
Diasporan Rifle vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage (F), crit: 1d8 + 4 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (7) + 4 = 21 flat-footed to all and -2 to saves if Stunt and Strike succeeded

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Slides
Melissa_Norveg wrote:

"Get her. Aliiive"

Guess? wrote:

"My ysoki friend here, iguana take you in alive... But me, I don't really care much either way"

I've got some bad news for one of you...

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 = 21

For the first time, fear flashes across Renevaya's eyes. "No, I will not be captured! I will die the way I've lived - a faithful vesk." Melissa turns to save the last Adamant Scale from bleeding out. Behind her, the vesk leader's shoulder blows backward from Strek's freezing blast then she doubles over in pain from Del's magic. Renevaya pulls herself back upright, preparing a strike at Akh, when Guess?'s bullet blows right through the hole in her armored mask and into the vesk leader's skull. There is a moment of silence as time seems to stretch, then Renevaya the Gentle falls to the floor with a loud CLANK.

You make quick work of the two feeble security droids a few seconds later, then take a well deserved breath.

COMBAT OVER! Status:
Strek SP 0/28, HP 19/30, RP 4/4
Jaraduk SP 19/28, HP 34/34, RP 5/5
Akh SP 0/36, HP 19/32, RP 4/4
     Taclash 11/18 HP
Melissa SP 9/25, HP 27/27, RP 5/5
Guess? SP 19/24, HP 22/22, RP 6/6
Del SP: 5/20, HP: 24/24, RP: 5/5

Red Renevaya the Gentle, 94 Damage, DEAD
Yellow Adamant Scale, UNCONSCIOUS, STABLE
Purple Adamant Scale, UNCONSCIOUS, STABLE
Green Adamant Scale DEAD
Teal Adamant Scale DEAD

Sorry, I had to flex my "GM can choose whether the monster dies at 0 HP" muscles this time. Partially as a natural consequence of not having nonlethal weapons, partially because a dead boss is so much more satisfying than a captured one.

Valuable items litter the room, the crew of the Wintermourn struggle to release the captives at the southern end of the room, and Melissa's captives are unconscious on the floor. But all of that is background noise to your senses when suddenly a series of alarm klaxons go off throughout Hellfire Bunker, just seconds after Renevaya's death. Checking the computer in this room you can see an army of robotic drones being summoned from Tranquility Rehabilitation Center’s perimeter walls that will arrive at Calm 93 within minutes!! Pausing for some conversation among the team, for prioritization and debriefing. Then we'll go into fake-rounds where we'll move multiple rounds at a time but keep track of time elapsed for actions.

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,039 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SF] Fly Free or Die AP - GM Ewok All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.