Siege of Gallowspire - Champion 15-16 (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng emerges from the jungle, addressing the scouts. “Sometimes, there is great power to going unnoticed. Especially when you’re walking into dangerous territory. Not everyone in the big, obvious group of Pathfinders on the front lines understands the value of subtlety. Let’s make sure that they know what they’re walking into, so they are ready to act fast when danger strikes.” Players, you can send your Scout Aid Characters on this mission.

GMs, please begin the Aid Mission (Scout) when you reach a good point to do so.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Okay Scouts - now's your time to shine!
Durkha ibn Jad was injured providing Heroic Aid, but Molly the Lost and Nick Graves are still rarin' to go! Tally, on your next post, please go ahead and roll for them: 5d6 for Molly and then 4d6 for Nick. Thanks!

The Kudimmu appears next to Agata and Zadeh, but is then quite frustrated as they vanish in return! Rocky fists, fire snakes, and a well placed arrow rain down on it as it dares to emerge, but it staggers through, torn and battered, but unafraid. Crit would have confirmed, but it's immune to crits as well as sneak attacks

It lashes out with tentacles and oaken fists for the halfling, annoyed as it discovers that even attacking her from both sides seems not to flummox her at all, despite its many attacks, her unnatural speed and the dense foliage keep her from all but a single strike of its tentacles, though the wound is bleeding with unnatural ease...

Before it vanishes once more, the Kudimmu again hurls one of its unnatural fruits for the Arillia and the surrounding elementals to shower them once more in deathly energies.

Concealments: 1d100 ⇒ 141d100 ⇒ 561d100 ⇒ 23
Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28
Reflex: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 1 = 32

Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (14) + 27 = 41
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 17
Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (18) + 27 = 45
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 78
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (12) + 27 = 39
Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (14) + 27 = 41
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 14
Slam: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (11) + 26 = 37
Slam: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (14) + 26 = 40
Bombardment: 1d20 + 23 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 23 - 2 = 23
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 38
Negative Energy: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 4, 1, 6, 1, 5) = 25

The big tree blocks Line of Sight/Effect.
The Wall of Thorns is 30' high; a full round action and a DC 20 Str check are necessary to move through 5' of it.
Foliage is difficult terrain, concealing, and grants partial cover
Greyed out Kudimmus are recent locations
The Bold May Go!

Gaétan
Marcus -17
Zadeh (Yellow; Green; Red -15/11; Blue -17/13 all Hasty)
Red & Blue need to take Will Saves for 1/2 damage
Bonethorns (Yellow -170, dead; Blue -205, dead)
Arillia -39, t14 Will save for 1/2 damage (not yet applied)
Kudimmu -131, underground, Retributionable!!
Agata -69 Bleeding Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Tally -8 Bleeding Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Hasty!


HP 162, DR10/- | AC 21, T7, FF21 | Fort +15, Ref +3. Will +8; CMD 36
Attacks:
[dice=Slam]1d20+24[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d10+13[/dice]. includes earth mastery, pa is -4/+8

Will Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Will Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

The elementals once again ready to attack it if it emerges. They point out where it is currently buried.

Readied attack:

Each power attacks for -4/+8 and gets +1/1 for earth mastery and +1 for Haste. These are included in the numbers.

Slam : 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (10, 9) + 21 = 40

Slam : 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (5, 8) + 21 = 34

Slam : 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (10, 8) + 21 = 39

Slam : 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (10, 2) + 21 = 33


Marcus moves to the center of the elementals and readies an attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (15) + 31 = 46
Damage: 1d3 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Will Save vs nasty fruit: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

Learning that gathering near the elementals can be hazardous, Arillia flies further into the forest canopy and prepares to cast another Fire Snake.

Fire Snake Damage: 15d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 4, 1, 5, 5, 5, 6, 1, 1, 3, 4, 3, 2) + 15 = 62
Fire Snake Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28 - that's the same check as last time. Is it getting through?

Also: Khess is one of Arillia's aid characters who is a scout. She'll make a Heroic effort if that's still valid.

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

ready: 1d20 + 32 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 32 + 3 = 42
1d9 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 = 37
Same thing


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Don't worry about the Heroic Aid (for that time has passed). What's going on right now is that all the Scouts are being called upon to undertake a specific side mission. Khess will roll 5d6 for her contribution.
Also, yes, your last Fire Snake got through, and this one likely will as well.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

Tally will land and then attempt to stop the bleeding effect on herself.

Heal check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

A short distance from the battle, a woman with a raccoon on top of her head and a hard boiled detective both make their way through the jungle to find safer paths.

Molly the Lost: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1, 1, 6) = 17
Nick Graves, PI: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 6) = 22

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Khess Contribution Roll: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 6, 2) = 18 - I didn't understand these rolls at all when I saw people making them earlier. How are we supposed to read them?


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

The higher the better, though the precise chart isn't known.

Molly and Kess do excellent work in scouting out future threats and passing back the information on how to circumnavigate them, but they've ended up in a tight spot! Nick Graves, PI by contrast is serving as a true leader! He inspires the other scouts with bravery and skill, leading the way back to safety!

Molly and Kess each succeeded, and as long as the whole expedition succeeds, they'll make it out fine. Nick Graves got double successes, and is unscathed no matter what.

The big tree blocks Line of Sight/Effect.
The Wall of Thorns is 30' high; a full round action and a DC 20 Str check are necessary to move through 5' of it.
Foliage is difficult terrain, concealing, and grants partial cover
Greyed out Kudimmus are recent locations
The Bold May Go!

Gaétan Readied shot
Marcus -17
Zadeh (Yellow; Green; Red -15; Blue -13 all Hasty) Elementals Readied
Bonethorns (Yellow -170, dead; Blue -205, dead)
Arillia -50, 0 Temp - Fire Snake Readied
Kudimmu -131, underground, Retributionable!!
Agata -69 Bleeding Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Tally -12 Hasty!

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh will again ready to dimension doot him, Sweet Maude and Agata out of harms way if the thing attacks any of them. I will move us to the far north end of the map, beyond the wall of thorns.

I suggest that Agata ready to evil eye hex its AC to make it easier to hit.

He calls out to the rest of the group, I only have the magic to do this so many times, please hurry up and kill the damn thing.

Dark Archive

Male Ifrit; Fighter (Unbreakable) 1/Rogue (Unchained) 4/ Pain Taster 10 | HP 133(135)/135| AC 38 T 23 FF 29 | CMB +17, CMD 38 | F: +20, R: +22, W: +16 | Init: +15 | Perc: +32 (33 vs surprise / 34 vs traps) | Speed 30ft | Trap Spotter | Burning Hands 1/1 Active conditions: None

Tell it to hold still and we'll be done quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Emerging from the shadows ahead, a group of vigilant Pathfinder agents keeps a close eye out for danger. Surely, they will help you act quickly against your foes. The Scout Mission was successful!

Table GMs, the Scout Mission Success condition on page 11 is in effect.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Molly and Kess are okay and for the rest of this session, you all get an extra +2 to initiative!
Unfortunately Evil Eye is mind-affecting, so plants are a no-go; I'll try with Misfortune

The Kudimmu doesn't reappear to do battle, instead extending another wall of thorns to bisect the battlefield, but one of Zadeh's elementals can tell that it is above ground for now!

The big tree blocks Line of Sight/Effect.
The Wall of Thorns is 30' high; a full round action and a DC 20 Str check are necessary to move through 5' of it.
Foliage is difficult terrain, concealing, and grants partial cover
Greyed out Kudimmus are recent locations
The Bold May Go!
Gaétan
Marcus -17
Zadeh (Yellow; Green; Red -15; Blue -13 all Hasty)

Bonethorns (Yellow -170, dead; Blue -205, dead)
Arillia -50, 0 Temp
Kudimmu -116 Retributionable!!
Agata -72 Bleeding Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Tally -12 Hasty!


HP 162, DR10/- | AC 21, T7, FF21 | Fort +15, Ref +3. Will +8; CMD 36
Attacks:
[dice=Slam]1d20+24[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d10+13[/dice]. includes earth mastery, pa is -4/+8

Yellow and green earth glide under the wall and attack once each. Red moves to a.more central.location. Blue doubles moves.

Includes flank, haste and power attack.

slam: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27
damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (9, 10) + 21 = 40

slam: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32
damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (9, 9) + 21 = 39

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

move and shoot: 1d20 + 32 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 32 + 2 = 50

damage: 1d8 + 29 ⇒ (2) + 29 = 31

Gaétan moves higher into the air to see this hiding creature.

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Arillia flies closer to the battle and prepares to cast another Fire Snake.

Fire Snake Damage: 15d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 2, 6, 5, 5, 4, 6, 6, 5, 3, 3, 2, 4) + 15 = 80
Fire Snake Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

I wasn't even solidly aware of a storm on the turn I got blasted with lightning earlier. Are we able to tell what our 'safe level' is at?If possible, I'd like Arillia to fly higher during her move so that she can have an option of moving over the thorn wall next turn, but I don't know what might seem safe to her.

Dark Archive

Male Ifrit; Fighter (Unbreakable) 1/Rogue (Unchained) 4/ Pain Taster 10 | HP 133(135)/135| AC 38 T 23 FF 29 | CMB +17, CMD 38 | F: +20, R: +22, W: +16 | Init: +15 | Perc: +32 (33 vs surprise / 34 vs traps) | Speed 30ft | Trap Spotter | Burning Hands 1/1 Active conditions: None

Marcus moves to Agata and pulls out a wand.

Here, this should help. It has the ability to heal.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

Im going to move to Arillia and use a move action to activate my trait to give her soft cover.

Tally flies towards the sorcerer switches to a defensive stance.

"Stay behind me, I'm a sure its's coming back."


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Higher than the thornwall is through the canopy, and in the thick of the storm. The height of the wall is not a coincidence ;-)
Plan for your turn, Zadeh?

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zades readies the dimension door escape plan again.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

I'm gonna go ahead and have Agata give herself a charge of Infernal Healing. Not quite as fast a heal, but it'll help keep the bleed damage off if she gets jumped again.

GM Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 2

Lightning!: 10d8 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 2, 7, 5, 8, 7) = 53 Reflex for Gaétan

The elementals batter the tainted tree-thing, but as Gaétan swoops up to loose another shot, his deadly arrow is answered with a bolt from above!

Eyes hot with rage, the Kudimmu vanishes to the other side of its wall, dodging the worst of Arillia's fire snake, and lashing out with snaky-tendrils of its own, but isn't able to pull her close enough to strike with its gnarled fists! Instead it contents itself with battering the nearby elemental before hurling another distended fruit for Arillia and vanishing into the earth.

Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

It looks like your AC includes Tally's soft cover, Arillia, is that correct?
Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (11) + 27 = 38
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 45
Pull: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (11) + 30 = 41 5' closer
Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (11) + 27 = 38
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 4
Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (5) + 27 = 32
Tentacle: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (6) + 27 = 33

Slam: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (1) + 26 = 27
Slam: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (12) + 26 = 38
Bludgeoning: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 = 11

Bombardment: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 66
Negative Energy: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6, 1) = 22

The big tree blocks Line of Sight/Effect.
The Wall of Thorns is 30' high; a full round action and a DC 20 Str check are necessary to move through 5' of it.
Foliage is difficult terrain, concealing, and grants partial cover
Greyed out Kudimmus are recent locations
The Bold May Go!

Gaétan -53/0 Reflex needed
Marcus -17
Zadeh (Yellow; Green; Red -16; Blue -13 all Hasty)

Bonethorns (Yellow -170, dead; Blue -205, dead)
Arillia -81/70, 0 Temp Will Save Required
Kudimmu -181 Retributionable, Underground!!
Agata -73 Fast Healing 1 (9)
Tally -20/16 Hasty! Will Save Required

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

I didn't adjust her AC for cover, no. So with cover I guess it would be 39? The damage is a bit unclear especially with the AC question. Could I get an update of where I'm at?

Will Save vs Nasty Fruit: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

Arillia had seemed to become a focus of the monster's attention. But this was working. They were killing the creature, even if its behavior was infuriating. Unfortunately, the creature's blows were taking their toll on her as well.

Arillia will cast a Quickened False Life to bolster herself. If the scenario discussed in the chat comes up where someone can get a full attack but needs a relocation, Arillia will do that, using Dimension Door. Otherwise, she'll prepare a Fire Snake again. This thing has been getting really lucky on its Reflex saves...
Quickened False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Fire Snake Rolls (if that happens):

Fire Snake Damage: 15d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 4, 6, 2, 5, 1, 6, 2, 2, 4, 5, 3, 5) + 15 = 69
Fire Snake Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Then Arillia wouldn't have taken the 9 damage from the tentacle, the rest is still in. (Also, I see +4 from Mage Armor, +4 from Shield, +1 from haste - what's the other 4?)

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Scales (natural AC) from her bloodline.

Did Arillia get Haste? I thought I was outside the area and wasn't counting it. Her full AC outlay is +10 base +4 Dexterity +4 natural armor +3 deflection +1 insight +4 armor +4 shield +5 enhancement to natural armor = 35 before cover & haste

So her total damage taken is 61, right?

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

the most important thing is not to roll 1

reflex+morale+electricity: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 2 + 2 = 28

attack ready: 1d20 + 32 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 32 + 2 = 38
damage ready: 1d8 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 = 37

Gaétan tries to evade using his Deskari's wing as a deflection.


HP 162, DR10/- | AC 21, T7, FF21 | Fort +15, Ref +3. Will +8; CMD 36
Attacks:
[dice=Slam]1d20+24[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d10+13[/dice]. includes earth mastery, pa is -4/+8

The elementals spread out and again ready to beat the thing to a pulp if it reappears.

Attack olls:

Haste, power attack, earth mastery

Slam 1: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (8, 8) + 21 = 37

Slam 2: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (8, 5) + 21 = 34

Slam 3: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (7, 4) + 21 = 32

Slam 4: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29
Damage: 2d10 + 21 ⇒ (5, 1) + 21 = 27

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh readies the teleport trick again to keep Agata alive.

This creature is becoming annoying he mutters.

Dark Archive

Male Ifrit; Fighter (Unbreakable) 1/Rogue (Unchained) 4/ Pain Taster 10 | HP 133(135)/135| AC 38 T 23 FF 29 | CMB +17, CMD 38 | F: +20, R: +22, W: +16 | Init: +15 | Perc: +32 (33 vs surprise / 34 vs traps) | Speed 30ft | Trap Spotter | Burning Hands 1/1 Active conditions: None

UMD wand: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Hope that helps.

Marcus calls out

Everyone hold still. I'd bet it can feel us walking. Let the elementals draw it out.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

Tally will use her trait again as a move action on Arillia.

"Reminds me of the time Franklin got wedged between his giant turnips. Poor man got stuck and had to eat his way out, took him weeks until he would eat another veggie."


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Gotcha Arillia - I'd missed a Barkskin.
Agata's going to fly over in between the elementals so that she can have range with a misfortune hex, I'll move Zadeh along so he can 'port her to safety as needed.

Tally's Will Save from last turn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

GM Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 16

Gaétan twitches aside from the lightning's path; his hair stands on end with the bolt's nearness, but he remains unharmed - until the next bolt!

Electricity/Unholy Damage: 10d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 8, 6, 7, 3, 6, 8, 4, 6) = 51

Will: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

As his vision clears from the second bolt of lightning, Gaétan sees the Kudimmu has emerged, tearing through it with another arrow! Arillia's fire snake unfortunately just splashes off the creature with no effect and Zadeh's elemental also fails to find its mark, but Agata's hex takes hold!

Protected by Tally and Agata, Arillia is able to avoid most of the Kudimmu's tendrils while the tree-monster takes out its frustrations on Zadeh's elemental. It then hurls its spiteful fruit, splattering against Arillia and Tally, and vanishes beneath the earth on the other side of the thorns.

Tentacles: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (3) + 27 = 301d20 + 27 ⇒ (19) + 27 = 46
Tentacles: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (5) + 27 = 321d20 + 27 ⇒ (6) + 27 = 33
Tentacles: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (13) + 27 = 401d20 + 27 ⇒ (20) + 27 = 47
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 80
Pull: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (5) + 30 = 351d20 + 30 ⇒ (14) + 30 = 44
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Tentacles: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 291d20 + 27 ⇒ (13) + 27 = 40
Slam @ Elemental: 1d20 + 26 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 26 - 5 = 351d20 + 26 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 26 - 5 = 30
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 18
Slam @ Elemental: 1d20 + 26 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 26 - 5 = 231d20 + 26 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 26 - 5 = 23
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 1
Bombardment: 1d20 + 25 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 25 - 5 = 391d20 + 25 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 25 - 5 = 35
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 27
Negative Energy: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 3, 6, 2, 2, 3) = 29

The big tree blocks Line of Sight/Effect.
The Wall of Thorns is 30' high; a full round action and a DC 20 Str check are necessary to move through 5' of it.
Foliage is difficult terrain, concealing, and grants partial cover
Greyed out Kudimmus are recent locations
The Bold May Go!

Gaétan -51/0
Marcus -17
Zadeh (Yellow; Green -11; Red -16; Blue -13 all Hasty)

Bonethorns (Yellow -170, dead; Blue -205, dead)
Arillia -89/74, 0 Temp, bleeding Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Will Save Needed
Kudimmu -193 Retributionable, Unfortunate, Underground!!
Agata -69 Fast Healing 1 (8)
Tally -24/28 Will Save Needed Hasty!


HP 162, DR10/- | AC 21, T7, FF21 | Fort +15, Ref +3. Will +8; CMD 36
Attacks:
[dice=Slam]1d20+24[/dice] [dice=Damage]2d10+13[/dice]. includes earth mastery, pa is -4/+8

The elementals again prepare to attack.

Attacks:

No power attac this time.

Slam 1: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (11) + 25 = 36
Damage: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (6, 7) + 13 = 26

Slam 2: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (8) + 25 = 33
Damage: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (3, 2) + 13 = 18

Slam 3: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31
Damage: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (6, 10) + 13 = 29

Slam 4: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37
Damage: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (7, 2) + 13 = 22

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh delays, unwiling to waste more resources on tbhis thing.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Shevar Besnik steps forward, his clothing ripped but a smile on his face. “Pathfinders! We’re almost to... well, the crater where Gallowspire once stood. Be sure you cut down any opposition; we don’t want them creeping down after us or blocking our exit!” Shevar raises a weapon and charges into battle.

With a final surge, the expeditionary force of Pathfinders finishes off the last of its foes. Shevar Besnik nods to Ollysta Zadrian, and the two lead the expedition to the edge of a massive crater. The crater’s sides are smooth and glassy, as if melted by an immense heat. Several passageways extend from the sides of the crater, many of them nearly blocked by tons of fallen earth. Ollysta Zadrian narrows her eyes and points at the bottom with her sword. “That way leads to the Catacombs, and beyond it the wards set up by the Whispering Tyrant. Steel yourselves,” she says, sheathing her weapon.

GMs, please begin part 3.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

The swarming Pathfinders help you quickly put paid to the Kudimmu, ensuring that there are no safe places for it to pop up!

At the massive crater you are all able to descend into the depths with relative quickness, not having to rely on anything so prosaic as rope and pitons.

The expedition reaches the bottom of the crater and moves into the passageway beyond, where Ollysta Zadrian stands in a half-collapsed chamber. A ball of light shines brightly in her hand, although its power seems dimmed by the oppressive atmosphere of the room. The walls are constructed entirely from the bones of thousands of humanoid creatures, threaded together with dull, black veins and fused together with unknown power.

"Pathfinders, it is time to make our way to the wards and move beyond them. Be cautious, and my the gods watch over you."

Go ahead and pre-buff/heal/take saves to reduce damage in your first post, but knock 10 minutes off the duration for the long fly down and reconvening as a group. (If y'all go completely nuts with prep, then this could increase, but I'm estimating 27 minutes total since the portal)

As you venture forward it becomes clear that something is inhibiting your light spells. Even your most powerful everburning flames are limited by the oppressive gloom, only providing half their usual illumination (20' where the ambient dim light increases to normal).

You emerge from the low tunnels to a chamber with vaulted ceilings. Mounted on the walls here are numerous severed heads of a variety of magical creatures and beings, writhing in a mockery of life, particularly near a shattered vial that was once in a place of pride.

Awaiting you are a pack of one-eyed, wolf-headed creatures, which walk upright on hoofed feet. They bare metal fangs in rage while their thin, ratlike tails twitch behind them. In their midst a strange, almost beautiful, purple ooze visibly thrums with powerful energy.

GM Screen:
Zadeh: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25, Heroism adds +2
Agata: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (18) + 26 = 44
Sweet Maud: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Zadeh: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (5) + 34 = 39, Heroism adds +2
Agata: 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (18) + 37 = 55
Sweet Maud: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Tally: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Lore Needle Used

The Lupines:
These are psoglavs, horrific, ravenous creatures that dwell underground but are all too eager to venture forth to the world above, psoglavs terrorize the living and desecrate the dead, all to sate their hunger for human flesh. When these monstrous humanoids bite a human, they are able to swiftly consume a part of them to heal their own wounds and make them more powerful for a brief burst of savage anger. These bites are also particularly difficult to heal except for the most powerful casters. They are not immune to anything, but are resistant to weapons except for piercing implements made of cold iron. They are known far more for their reflexes than any particular resilience of mind or body.

The Purple Goo:
This extraplanar ooze is a very rare substance indeed - Immortal Ichor - an intelligent mass of blood from a dead evil deity. They are known for their power to charm the weak minded, a charm that gradually corrodes the sanity of any creature kept in their thrall, eventually making them completely subservient to the immortal ichor's will. Aside from the typical immunities of all oozes, they are immune to acid, electricity, and mind-affecting effects despite their wicked cunning. They are impossible to hurt with bludgeoning or piercing weapons, and resistant to slashing ones and cold as well. Aside from their charming abilities, they can also control undead, summon a variety of swarms to them, detect thoughts and use telekinesis to manipulate the world around them. Even when hurt, unless they have been damaged with holy weapons or spells, they will continually regrow themselves if given time. And they fly.

Initiative:
Zadeh: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 = 25, +4 with Heightened Awareness
Marcus: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 = 25
Tally: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
Agata: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23 +4 w/HA
Gaétan: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 = 18+4w/HA
Arillia: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29
Psoglavs: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Immortal Ichor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Ceiling is 12' high in the corridor, 20' high in the room
Dim Light and spells only illuminate half as far.
The Bold May Go!

Zadeh
Arillia
Agata

Immortal Ichor
Marcus
Gaétan
Tally
Psoglavs

Outstanding damage
Gaétan -51/0 pending a reflex save DC 28
Marcus -17
Arillia -92/77 pending a will save DC 25
Agata -61
Tally -28/24 pending a will save DC 25

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

When we start our decent I will drink my potion of Barkskin CL 12. There will be 110 minutes remaining when this fight happens and I will activate my Duskwarden’s Favor boom to give me the rangers Favored Terrain (Underground) for the rest of the scenario. I’ll also use a boon to cast See Invisibility. I am turning on my Timeworn Filter Mask. Lastly, I’ll take care of that Will Save.

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Glitch chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 86

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Will Save vs Nasty Fruit: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37 - Arillia's total HP damage after that last fight would be 74. She will recast False Life use 8 charges of her Wand of Infernal Healing during travel time to heal the rest of the way if that is alright.
False Life HP: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Is Arillia able to look at the monster knowledge spoilers based on the assumption that the information has been shared with her as combat begins? Hoping to find out more about the enemies before she starts fighting.

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh would cast shield and activate his wands of heightened awareness and mirror image as we enter the catacombs. He remains invisible as well.

Images: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Whispering to the group Zadeh sayes, The wolf men are nippy and you really dont want them to bite you as their wounds are hard to heal and we only have some wands and a few spells from Agata...

The blob is an ooze, remnant of a dark god, immune to acid, electricity, mental stuff as well as bludgeoning and slashing weapons. Resists slashing and cold too. Good luck everyone.

With that he flies forward and up, rising to 20' in the air, where he pauses to consider his options. I think this time it will be dinosaurrs and with that he summons forth a pair of massive dinos!

Celestial TRex: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


AC 21, T7, FF20; HP 189, DR10/evil; Fort +17, Ref +12, Will +10, SR15, Resist acid, electricity, cold 15
Attack:
[dice=Bite]1d20 +22[/dice] [dice=Damage] 4d6+25 +18[/dice] [dice=Grab]1d20+34[/dice], includes smite, crit 19–20, crit focus, bleeding crit

The green dinosaur growls, smites purple and then bites him.

Smite adds 18 damage assuming it is evil. Attacking flat footed AC hopefully.

Bite: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
Damage: 4d6 + 25 + 18 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 5) + 25 + 18 = 61
Grab: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (2) + 34 = 36
includes smite, crit 19–20, crit focus, bleeding crit

Red dino smites and bites green wolf man.
Bite: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
Damage: 4d6 + 25 + 18 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 4) + 25 + 18 = 56
Grab: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (20) + 34 = 54
includes smite, crit 19–20, crit focus, bleeding crit

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Acid, cold, swords...some other stuff. I'm pretty sure that Zadeh didn't say anything about fire...

Flying forward slightly, (10' off the ground if the ceiling permits) Arillia begins summoning streaks of fire brought forth from the dragons that gave her power.

Targeting the ooze man. We'll start with an Empowered Scorching Ray. If that is effective (mostly hits, does damage, no resistance) she will follow up with a Quickened Scorching Ray. It pretty obviously has cover but I'm not adjusting the attack rolls for it.

Spell Penetration (just in case): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37
Ray 1 Attack vs Ooze: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Ray 2 Attack vs Ooze: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Ray 3 Attack vs Ooze: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Ray 1 Damage vs Ooze: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 6) + 4 = 21
Ray 2 Damage vs Ooze: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 2) + 4 = 15
Ray 3 Damage vs Ooze: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3, 4) + 4 = 17
All of those get +50% over the rolls

*

Spell Penetration (just in case): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
Ray 4 Attack vs Ooze: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Ray 5 Attack vs Ooze: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Ray 6 Attack vs Ooze: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Ray 4 Damage vs Ooze: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 2) + 4 = 19
Ray 5 Damage vs Ooze: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 4) + 4 = 17
Ray 6 Damage vs Ooze: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 4) + 4 = 19

I'm not confident all of that will apply, but it's 134 damage if it does. Feels nice after that last fight.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

If all of Arillia's healing is being done via Infernal Healing, then we'll call it 33 minutes from the portal.
Always feel free to look at my spoilers as long as they're not labeled GM Screen or with another player's name :-)

The T. Rexes each snatch up a psoglav into their mouths, but one of them manages to wriggle free of the grasping jaws! The immortal ichor is rather more resilient. Arillia's rays are able to punch through the flares of purple energy and they carom off without marring the divine remnant. No weird effect, just misses. I'm assuming the quickened rays don't go off, but sing out if I'm mistaken!

Arillia:
A dry voice, harsh and old, speaks in your mind. “The living? Here? So,you must be after my secrets. We will speak more of this if you manage to find me and look upon my greatness.”

Ceiling is 12' high in the corridor, 20' high in the room
Dim Light and spells only illuminate half as far.
The Bold May Go!

Zadeh
Arillia
Agata
Immortal Ichor
Marcus
Gaétan
Tally -28
Psoglavs (Pink -51; Green -46, grappled)


AC 21, T7, FF20; HP 189, DR10/evil; Fort +17, Ref +12, Will +10, SR15, Resist acid, electricity, cold 15
Attack:
[dice=Bite]1d20 +22[/dice] [dice=Damage] 4d6+25 +18[/dice] [dice=Grab]1d20+34[/dice], includes smite, crit 19–20, crit focus, bleeding crit

The dinos were both attacking wolfmen, I meant purple wolfman, apologies.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

I saw purple and assumed you meant the purple ooze! The formerly purple psoglav is now pink on the map to avoid that in the future! Editing now...

Edited!

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Even at this level, that is a really high touch AC if none of those hit. A bunch of deflection bonus maybe ..


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Profane instead of deflection, but yeah. I had to triple check that you were missing a flat-footed touch, but them's the breaks :-/

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

At least I know now. And I'm only out a L4 slot for that.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Putting Agata on pause for now

The Ichor shimmers in a captivating pattern, and a thin mist rises up to envelop the visible Pathfinders, sapping at their will to resist its commands before one who proves susceptible feels something tugging at their mind...

Will saves for just about everyone! Keywords are: enchantment (compulsion) [mind-affecting] for the Mind Fog,
enchantment (charm) [mind-affecting] for the Charm Person.

Tally, and anyone who fails their save against the Mind Fog, please take a second will save against a potential Charm Person

Will Save DCs:
Mind Fog DC 20
Charm Person DC 18

GM Screen:
Priority if Mind Fogged Tally, Gaetan, Arillia, Agata

Ceiling is 12' high in the corridor, 20' high in the room
Dim Light and spells only illuminate half as far.
Mist extends everyhere north of the white lines; it does not block vision.
The Bold May Go!

Zadeh
Arillia - 1-2 Will Saves required
Agata - 1-2 Will Saves required (Sweet Mawd - Will save required)
Immortal Ichor
Marcus - Will Save required
Gaétan - 1-2 Will Saves required
Tally -28, 2 Will Saves required

Psoglavs (Pink -51; Green -46, grappled)

Outstanding damage
Gaétan -51/0 pending a reflex save DC 28
Marcus -17
Agata -61


AC 21, T7, FF20; HP 189, DR10/evil; Fort +17, Ref +12, Will +10, SR15, Resist acid, electricity, cold 15
Attack:
[dice=Bite]1d20 +22[/dice] [dice=Damage] 4d6+25 +18[/dice] [dice=Grab]1d20+34[/dice], includes smite, crit 19–20, crit focus, bleeding crit

Did Pink get grabbed with a 36? If not did the Icho cast mind fog defensively? if not green dino will oppoortunity attack him. If he did cast defensively heres an OA in case anyone else provokes. Red dino is grappling and therefore cannot OA.

Bite: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40
Damage: 4d6 + 25 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 1) + 25 = 33
Grab: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (3) + 34 = 37


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Bah, forgot to calculate the CMD as flat-footed; pink is in fact grappled, which means the ichor cast defensively for no reason :-p

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Will Save vs Mind Fog: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

101 to 150 of 595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Siege of Gallowspire - Champion 15-16 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.