Siege of Gallowspire - Champion 15-16 (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

26/32/38 - 22/25/28

This is where we'll get going. Please feel free to ninja-dot to add this to your campaign tabs!

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

“Pathfinders! The unthinkable has happened. The Whispering Tyrant’s prison, Gallowspire, has exploded from below. The most infamous lich in history has escaped, and he now roams free. Worse, he has set in motion a vile ritual in his former prison. We must intervene before the ritual ends. Quickly find your assigned group, aid in our preparations for the expedition to Gallowspire, and listen for instructions.”

Table GMs, please begin part 1.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

The doors of Skyreach, the central fortress of the Grand Lodge in Absalom, stand open, and Pathfinders of all descriptions mill about at the base of the stairs, expressions of excitement, fear, and determination on their faces. Atop the staircase leading into the tower,
Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus gestures for silence. Marcos is known for his good cheer. Today, however, his expression is grim. He clears his throat before speaking, his voice a low rumble.

“Yes, you heard me correctly. Gallowspire is gone, and the Whispering Tyrant has escaped. The Whispering Tyrant, who slew a goddess and conquered nations with armies of undead, has returned.” He pauses and sighs. “And he’s been busy.” Marcos gestures to the man standing next to him and nods. “This is Siege Lord Wynsal Starborn, and he has more information on recent events.”

The other man steps forward, his breastplate gleaming. “We know that a massive explosion enveloped Gallowspire, and we know that undead hordes have swept throughout Lastwall. I have already sent scouts to investigate Gallowspire. They found a mysterious jungle surrounding the tower, or at least, where the tower should have been. The tower was gone, and there was a massive crater where it once stood. At considerable personal risk, the scouts who were most skilled at evading detection went inside the ruin itself. Fortunately, they survived, and they had the following to report. First, the ruins beneath still contain access points to the chambers below. Second, the Whispering Tyrant took the time to set up wards to block access to the deepest levels. Third, and most disturbingly, there are necromantic energies beyond these wards, energies so powerful that they are leaking into the surrounding area. The scouts surmise that a ritual of incredible intensity is taking place somewhere deep beneath the crater. It is building toward something, and with every passing day, it grows stronger.”

Marcos Farabellus addresses the crowd again, but his voice holds a hint of fear rarely heard in his speech. “Pathfinders, we must stop this ritual. The Whispering Tyrant has had thousands of years to plan what he would do if he ever escaped. I shudder to think of the terrors he plans to unleash. This is not just a problem for Lastwall; it’s a problem for the entire world.” His voice quiets, “I have no idea what else you’ll find on the deepest levels, what guardians and treasures the Whispering Tyrant has locked away. Be prepared for anything."

"Any questions?"

This is the time for some last minute preparations et al, so finalize any purchases of items or spells too!

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

"A Jungle?"asks Gaétan.

"How this has happen? Where is the Tyrant now? How we will be able to travel to Gallowspire? The Maze is destroyed and the Tapistry is unraveling!"


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Marcos nods at Gaétan's incredulity. "Aye, a jungle. People are calling it the Gallowgarden. The scouts report horrible amalgamations of fungus and animal as well as vicious plants. While it appears the Whispering Tyrant took most of his undead servants with him, whatever this explosion was created new threats."

Wynsal expounds, “We've sent ahead scouts to prepare an anchor for teleportation; you won't need to handle your travel. As for the Tyrant, the reports we have received from Lastwall indicate that his attention lies elsewhere, and the scouts saw no signs of his presence. We can’t rule out the possibility that he will catch on to what we are doing. If he does, we’ll have to trust his arrogance and his certainty that we couldn’t possibly breach his wards and defeat his guardians.” Marcos adds, “I can’t promise that he won’t return, but it’s a risk we will have to
take. The price of letting him complete the ritual is simply too high.”

Dark Archive

Female CG Elven Witch 16 | HP 67/129 | AC 17 T 13 FF 12 (DR 5/Bludgeoning) | CMB +8, CMD 20 (25 grapple) | F: +20, R: +17 (evasion, Duck & Cover), W: +19 | Init: +6 | Perc: +28, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft (Fly 40ft - Good) | Defending Bone (50/50) | Active conditions: Heroism, Inv. Mind (14/16) | Constant: See Invis; Automatically knows when a spell or SLA of any school of magic is cast within 60',

Next to enter is a stooped and disheveled woman, with hair like a bird's nest and skin like sandpaper. Her clothes are stained and torn, and look as though they were not particularly flattering even when they were new and clean. Which by the looks of it was a long time ago. Green goop drips from her ears and a number of long knitting needles appear to be sticking out of her head. The very air in the room grows sour from the caked layers of dirt and sweat and blood that she has clearly never washed off over the course of her long elven life.

She stops, squints, and peers about the room, with eyes that reveal cunning intelligence, and perhaps not a small touch of madness. Ahh, Pathfinders is it? Of course it is, it always is, never a quiet restful moment for poor Agata, nooo, not her, poor old Agata, just wants to take a little nap here or there, but nooo, not her, no one will just let her be.

Her speech trails off for a moment and it's possible that she is dozing, but she soons begins to ramble, perhaps talking in her sleep, perhaps merely reminiscing: Agata doesn’t remember how long she lived under the great bridge in Magnimar, but it seems to have been quite a while, even as elves such as her reckon time. But she vividly remembers the moment when the other denizens of the Shadow underbridge finally decided that her hygienic “quirks” were beneath even their rather relaxed standards and drove her off, thus beginning her career as a reluctant adventurer. Eventually, she found that she could camp out on the veranda of most Pathfinder lodges without being disturbed, although it’s likely that the Pathfinder door wardens simply assumed that she was just another eccentric agent. Be that as it may, although she doesn’t exactly understand what the society is, or that she is viewed as a ranking agent by many, she does appreciate the wayfinder that somehow found its way into her possession, mainly because the stone that she put in it is “oooh pretty” and “sooo shiny…”

She rouses herself from her reverie and peers around the room once more. Aye, yer Pathfinders alright, I can tell by just lookin' at ya, there's a smell to ya don't ya know. Well, no doubt you'll be needing old Agata's help again, that's always the way of it, and that's fine, just fine. Just don't be expecting me to be one of yer fancy elves - I ain't no Elrond Hubbard, nor that Legoland neither - hmmph! She scowls at the thought of pulling a bowstring.

But where's me manners gone to?!? New friends we are, surely that's an occasion as fine as any for a bit o' the fine stuff. Mawd! Sweet Mawd! By Desna's Drooling Dentures, I'll toss her in my next cauldron if she's snuck off again. It ain't easy to find good help these days, and I ain't done it, that's for sure. Amidst this screeching, a beautiful face peeks shyly out of the tangled mass of Agata's hair, and a tiny winged figure in a maid's uniform soon emerges and quickly hurries to do her mistress' bidding. Snuff, plenty o' snuff for me and for me new friends, and be quick about it!

...

As Marcos Farabellus describes the task at hand, she inhales a prodigious quantity of snuff before sneezing massively in every direction. Her overgrown eyebrow raises at the mention of Gallowspire, however. "So ye want us t' head down into the Tyrant's basement t' see what sorts o' shenanigans he's got what're too terrible fer even the tower o' a lich? Alrighty, then, what could possibly go rong?"

Dark Archive

Male Ifrit; Fighter (Unbreakable) 1/Rogue (Unchained) 4/ Pain Taster 10 | HP 133(135)/135| AC 38 T 23 FF 29 | CMB +17, CMD 38 | F: +20, R: +22, W: +16 | Init: +15 | Perc: +32 (33 vs surprise / 34 vs traps) | Speed 30ft | Trap Spotter | Burning Hands 1/1 Active conditions: None

A man whose appearance implies fire enters the room, hair pulled back with a band that seems far to expensive for the task it has been applied to. His armor, clothing, and jewelry are incredibly fine, though a sharp eyed observer may notice a variety of small blades built into his armor and clothing that seem like they can only do harm to the wearer.

Sounds like this is where I come in. Marcus Samuel and I haven't been stymied by a lock or barrier since... well... actually I can't remember the last time and this includes the lock on the front gate.

He mentions with a grin.

So we have a great and terrible evil performing a mysterious ritual that can only mean doom and all we know is we'll have to do is traipse through the Tyrant's garden and delve into the bowels of his lair to end it before it ends us. I know we're among the best, but I had hoped for a bit more information.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Wynsal grins at Marcus's bravado. "Well, I imagine whatever defenders lie beyond his wards are primarily undead. Reports I’ve received from other nations suggest that some of the Tyrant’s most infamous servants, who had been imprisoned with him, may also be on the loose. But it would be foolhardy to assume he didn’t leave some of them behind. I am also sure there are powerful magic wards, as well as a variety of other evil creatures. You're right though, normally I'd prefer a lot more reconnaissance than we've been able to manage - We'll have to work as we go.”

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

A halfling woman in her late 40's listens to the briefing intently and studies the assembling team around her. There is an intensity to her stare which softens as she sighs in resignation that she is once again within the high walls of the Grand Lodge.

How did I get roped into this? I promised Franklin that I would be done with this, that I would hang up my armor and stay to watch our sweetie grow. That I was done cheating death and dodging the Dullaghan. But Tar Buffoon coming back? That's a frightening thought that can't come to pass. The Fangwood won't be safe. I doubt anywhere would be safe.

The woman's red hair frames a face that has seen many adventures which have shaped its owner into becoming both a confident adventurer and an expert into the chaotic machinations of Nirmathi governance. Within her gloved hands she delicately holds a crystal tulip glass filled with a golden colored effervescent liquid which she begrudgingly hands to one of her servants as Marcus Farabellus continues his speech which causes her staff to spring into a flurry of activity.

Hah, these people look like they all know how to handle themselves. What am I worried about?

Privacy screens are thrown up and the accompanying staff work quickly and yet startlingly discreetly to change their mistress out of her proper cloths and into her adventuring garb. A minute later the transformation is complete and the screens drop to reveal a hideous creature. Bat-like wings keep aloft a a welter of horrific scars covering legs and arms that are unsettlingly long, an eyeless veil of flesh where a face should be. Despite her odd look and melancholy thoughts, her voice is still warm and friendly as she finally speaks

"While more information would be appreciated, I'm getting the feeling that this is all moving too fast. We have always been a bunch that thinks on our feet and I have no doubt that we will be able to handle ourselves.

She lands on the ground and curtsies, which given her current form looks a bit absurd.

Baronet Tally McMillen, and it is a pleasure to meet you all. Tar Buffoon won't know what hit him.

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

A tall, almost regal half elf dressed in flowing robes flies into the chamber borne on great feathered wings. Behind him flies a winged elf like creature. The two are having a heated argument.

Look, no, for the last time you cannot come and I wont be reshaping you again. You are perfectly fine for the tasks I need. The small elf like creature scowls at the man, You have no respect Zadeh,, when I served your grandfather I was a mighty angel with wings of fire. I bore a holy blade and struk down our enemies with fire and fury. Now look at me! The man cuts her off, Yes, yes, all fire and fury and glory, well I dont want or need any of that nonsense. It wasn't my fault we got stuck together. You didn't have to rescue me from that slave market. You cannot expect to hold that over my head forever. Now, get out of here and remember to complete and file those expense requests with Muttonchops. You know how cranky he gets when they are late. The small creature is about to start to object when, with a wave of his hand, the man causes her to vanish in a cloud of golden mist filled with the sound of tinkling bells.

He turns to the assembled Pathfinders. My apologies for that, the help can be so troublesome at times. My name is Zadeh Ibn Jad, foremost summoner of Katapesh and blessed of, well, better maybe to not mention that here. Well, it seems that we will be heading somewhere dark, dank and dangerous. Hopefully my celestiial allies will give us an edge or, if not, I have a few darker friends I can call on.

He settles into a chair, folding his wings beneath his robe. I have a variety of spells that can help you out although it you want them to last then I suggest you pick up one of those handy little lesser extend rods.

Oh, yes, and I should have mentioned. I plan to spend most of this expedition invisible and unless you possess some sort of extraordinary sense you will not be able to locate me. I will remain in touch with you all via message though so you can be assured I will still be there.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

Tally nods to Zadeh as one of her assistants tops off her glass from a small keg and hands it to her. She takes in its aroma and satisfied, drinks it.

In my last few walk-abouts I’ve noticed that every creature that slithers and crawls or flaps and flys can see through tricks like makin’ yah self see through, but it couldn’t hurt. Unless I need to help him, in which case it is a problem. Ahh, a wizard knows what he’s doing.

“Well it is unfortunate that I lack the ability to cast my eyes upon those that are invisible, but I’m sure that I will notice your impact in the field. The foremost summoner of Katapesh? I am ready to be impressed.”

She snaps her fingers again and a servant produces a tray with 6 more tulip glasses.

“Would anyone like a drink before we go? Shelyn herself blesses my art and art is to be shared.”

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh tkes a glass, Trust me, even those with the truest of vision will not see me.

Mind Blank prevents see invisibility or true seeing from penetrating my invisibility. Blindsight and Blindsense will still pick me up

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

Gaétan observes the group. He is so stocked with equipements that it is difficult to say he is an half-elf.

There Marcus! Wait... Why do I know him? I am feeling there an another me somewhere.

I am just a humble follower of Erastil with a lot of experience.

Knowledge local:
... He has done all the seekers mission. Venture-Captain Gaétan have save the society and had done a lot of high-risk missions.

Zadeh, I heard that you can augment our natural armor. (he draws his extend rod, lesser.) Would you augment mine?"

Just decided to buy a farmyard close to Absalom. 5pp.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

The cloudy liquid inside of the glass catches the light to showcase its soft yellow hues. It smells strongly of hoppy peach, mango, and pineapple but when consumed the flavor itself is somewhat subdued so as not to overwhelm the palate is punctuated by a dry finish.

"Is that a fact Zadeh? Well, that is impressive."

Forgot that Mind Blank stopped See Invisibility. A wizard knows what he is doing. You weren't kidding when you said we needed something extraordinary to detect you. Will any of us be able to see you? I'd feel less nervous if we had some kind of buddy system.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Hehe, echolocation would let you find me but as a rather squishy summoner I prefer not to be detected where possible. If he uses an offensive spell he will become visible.

Zadek takes a proferred glass, swirls the liquid and inhales deeply. he sighs, smiles and takes a sip of the wine. Truly an excellent vintage.

He takes Gaetans rod from him. Yes, happy to but I shall wait until just before we teleport to Gallowgarden so as to preserve the maximum useful duration.

I have crossed off the spell slots for medium duration spells cast just before we leave. Gaetan gets a +5 extended Barksin, it lasts 5 hours. My buffs are listed in my profile as their tends to be too many to squeeze into the tagline at this level.

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

A woman in her late twenties enters the room, looking flushed from a run through the halls. "Sorry I'm late. There was a mixup in assignments downstairs and...nothing ever changes around here."

The woman is Chelaxian with shoulder-length black hair and cool green eyes. She's wearing a sturdy explorer's outfit that leaves most of her back bare. She pauses for a moment while taking in the assembled team. "Everything at a rush, no organization, no information, a group I've never worked with before and all in the most dire of circumstances. Just like always."

She concentrates for a moment as large scaled wings the color of crimson unfold from her back. "I'm Arillia Kaenath. It's good to meet you."

Arillia's 10/level self-buff (or longer) checklist for today will be: Herosim, False Life, See Invisibility, Heightened Awareness and Mage Armor. She's likely to cast Shield before we teleport as well. If should could get a Barkskin, that would be appreciated as her armor class actually gets to be fairly respectable when fully boosted.
False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh turns to Gaetan and twirls his extend rod about. Gaetan, mind if I make use of this to help ward Arilla here. Marcus might benefit from it too although he isnt here yet. Tally, you seem to have an amulet, I can provide you with the ward as well and perhaps you could switch to this he says, drawing out an amulet in the shape of an Osiriani scarab beele.

It is an item allowing you to be more effective against swarms. My eidolon Nymeria used to wear it before it became convenient to shape her into someething more useful.

I have a swarmbane clasp I dont use anymore if someone wants to use it. This will be the limit of Barkskins as I dont want to exhaust all my spell slots before we even set off!

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

"That is what this rod is just used for."Says Gaétan.

"I have already the same item. IT is in fact, the first time, i Don't wear it."

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

I am making a few last minute purchases as well.

Special Stuff from Chronicles:
I am buying a patch of Spectre Moss from PFS #8-15 Hrethnar's Throne and a potion of Barkskin CL 12 from Emerald Spire, The Spire Axis.

If the Pathfinder weren't so chaotic, we wouldn't be so good at putting down tyrants.

Tally holds up her hand at the offered amulet and taps on her own.

"I appreciate your offer Zadeh, but I need this little beauty to keep me alive when I'm swinging on some monstrosity's arm. Swarms are an inconvenience, but my talents are best used elsewhere on the field. Oh, and if its needed I do have a neat trick that I could use, one of which allows me to toughen my skin so you can save your spells, I don't want to blow all of your prep right now. Again, thank you though."

She places a potion and a small sealed packet into her bandoleer as she addressees the young sorceress. She pulls at the mass of flesh on her head and it tears away like a thick membrane, revealing her actual face.

"Ahh, much better. Well met Arillia, I think that everyone is here now. Things have been frantic but I'm glad you made it, we'll need all the help we can get. Love the wings by the way, an old friend of mine had some just like it and they always made me immensely jealous. I just had to get some of my own. I've been told its not the same, and while I'm sure that is true it is thrilling to fly. Have a drink, catch your breath."

Tally pours herself another and them fills a hip flask. For the road.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Loving the interactions!

The portal should open in a little less than a day, so I'm just happily reading along for now :-)

Dark Archive

Male Ifrit; Fighter (Unbreakable) 1/Rogue (Unchained) 4/ Pain Taster 10 | HP 133(135)/135| AC 38 T 23 FF 29 | CMB +17, CMD 38 | F: +20, R: +22, W: +16 | Init: +15 | Perc: +32 (33 vs surprise / 34 vs traps) | Speed 30ft | Trap Spotter | Burning Hands 1/1 Active conditions: None

Marcus slips up next to Zadeh and plucks the amulet from his hands.

Keep tour eyes open friend. Torch has shown us enemies can be waiting even within these hallowed walls.

I'll hold on to it, just in case. But my amulet toughens the skin, so I'll leave it in place for the moment.

He accepts a glass from Tally.

Just the one, don't want miss a trap. I'm sure the Tyrant has plenty of interesting ones waiting for us.

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh will bless Arilla with a barkskin just before we leave as well.

Very well, given where we are going we should be as prepared as we can but for now lets sit back and relax.

With a wave of his hand he conjures (1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7) a small choir of Lillend Azata's to serenade the assembled pathfinders and encourage them for the tasks they will face tomorrow.

The do make such sweet music and can be handy in a tight spot if we face enemies you struggle to strike.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Arillia will cast Heroism on Zadeh when we start buffing.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Marcos Farabellus stands atop the steps of Skyreach and waves his hands. “Pathfinders! It is nearly time to depart. We’ve sent scouts ahead to prepare an anchor for teleportation. Finish your preparations and make your way through the teleportation circle inside Skyreach.” The Master of Swords sets his jaw. “Brace yourselves. Our arrival point is not pleasant.”

One after another, Pathfinders step onto an immense glyph on the floor, the center of the teleportation circle. As they do, they each vanish into thin air, only to reappear in a distant location. The beautifully carved and painted stone walls of Skyreach fade into a moss-covered expanse of ancient ruins. On the other side of the circle, the air is warm, humid, and filled with the cloying stench of rotten meat.

Standing atop one of the ruins, a figure in gleaming full plate beckons the first arrivals to her. She waits silently, her face grim, until the remainder of the expeditionary force arrives. She then addresses the assembled group. “Welcome to Ustalav, Pathfinders. I am Ollysta Zadrian, leader of the Silver Crusade. Thank you for coming so quickly. Let me get straight to the point. The nearest undead horde is likely to sweep through this area in the next hour or so, and we must not remain overlong. Please, follow me.”

After a tense but brief journey, the expedition arrives at the edge of a dark jungle. The vegetation is thick, but the plants are twisted and gnarled. A group of Pathfinders dressed to blend in with the surrounding terrain step forward and greet the expedition. Their leader, a thin human man with long hair, smiles when he sees Zadrian. “Ollysta, you old war dog. It looks like you found yourself a small army. I hope it’s enough.”

The paladin’s expression remains focused and stern. “Yes, I hope so too. You should tell them what we know.” The man smiles charmingly. “Greetings, Pathfinders. I’m Shevar Besnik, up until recently the venture-captain of Vigil. I technically still am, I suppose,” he says, his smile turning sour. “These few individuals with me are all of the surviving Pathfinders from Vigil’s destruction. So they were the only Pathfinders left around here to teach the Tyrant a lesson. Until you got here, that is!”

Shevar continues, “Our first job is to make our way through this jungle. I know some of you probably have the means to bypass the jungle entirely and get to the crater, but that would mean certain death for those who can’t. Let’s stick together and make sure we all make it to the other side.” Ollysta raises her shield, which is emblazoned with a golden holy symbol of Sarenrae, “No matter what we face, Pathfinders, remember: the dawn brings new light. May Sarenrae’s grace guide our blades.” Shevar adds, “And with that, let’s meet whatever this twice-damned forest can throw at us head on!”

Table GMs, please begin part 2.

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh engages in a flurry of spellcasting before they step through the portal. On arrival he looks around with disgust. Well, this is horrid he says as he promptly vanishes. I promise that I shall always be nearby, whatever the temptation to correct that might be...

Zadeh generally remains flying 5' in the air.

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

"Let's get this show on the road," Arillia says as she finishes her spellcasting. "Time to teach the Tyrant's armies a lesson."

Arillia will cast Shield before the teleportation in addition to the previously mentioned spells.

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

If we are moving through a jungle I'l like to change my standard position in my marching order. I'll be flying up in the lower tree limbs below the canopy. I'll fly ahead 10 feet from the group, wait for everyone to pass and then fly past them until I'm ten feet ahead again to give us some above ground over-watch. Is everyone OK with that change?

Tally finishes her drink as her armor regrows around her face. She jumps into the portal and takes to the air to reacquaint herself with winged flight before heading into the jungle.

"Oh I'm going to like working with you Arillia. Lets get moving. Eyes up and feet forward."


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Ollysta Zadrian and Shevar Besnik lead the way into the Gallowgarden, giving you all the nod to take point as they disperse the other teams throughout the fetid jungle.

As you continue forward with supernatural speed, bruise-colored clouds gather in the sky above the jungle, bringing with them a stinging rain that reeks of embalming fluid and quickly begins to hole non magical equipment where it pools, though much of it is blocked by the canopy. Just above the tree line, horizontal bolts of purple lightning leap between the clouds. Thunder rumbles unceasingly across the landscape, and though there's shelter from the wind beneath the trees, the plants are moving far too much, slowly shifting to cover trails.

Looking closer you see that all of the vegetation bears odd marks and patterns reminiscent of skulls, eyes, and spattered blood - every single plant seems to be some awful amalgamation pieced together from plant, fungal, and animal matter.

After a little over ten minutes, you've made it halfway to the spire, nearby you can see a slowly moving stream, oozing along with a pungent odor; a yellowish mist clings to its surface. The path ahead finally opens up a bit into a clearing. The few trees and ancient buildings here are coated with a heavy layer of sickly, green fungus that oozes a sweet-smelling, purple fluid when disturbed.

"This is not your place."

The voice seems to echo from all the trees around you, undergirding the great rumble of something approaching, something... big.

GM Screen:
2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Zadeh: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37, Heroism adds +2
Agata: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (15) + 26 = 41
Sweet Maud: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Zadeh: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33, Heroism adds +2
Agata: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (7) + 26 = 33
Sweet Maud: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Initiative:

Zadeh: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32, +4 with Heightened Awareness
Marcus: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
Tally: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Agata: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 +4 w/HA
Gaétan: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32+4w/HA
Arillia: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Barometz: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Mosslord: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

A massive green ramlike creature stomps forward to meet you, its pelt a tangle of vines, and its horns wickedly sharp wooden branches. It's followed by a towering, four-armed humanoid that seems to be made of moss and splintered wood, its face sinister and mouthless.

The Big Ram Thing (Barometz):
These plant juggernauts often serve as guardians for sacred druidic groves, but this one clearly serves a darker master now. Aside from standard plant traits, it is also immune to electricity, but is lacking much in the way of tricks or subtlety aside from trampling right through things. Fortitude is not the way to go.

The Not Quite So Big Tree Thing (Mosslord):
In the cultures whose lore and legend tell of the mosslord, it is described as the living incarnation of the forest’s vengeance against the encroachment of civilization, a fury given mind and focus toward the destruction of humanity. Though they are capable and deadly combatants in melee they prefer to direct their minions and support them with spells where possible. It is nearly impossible to kill a mosslord for good, and aside from normal plant immunities, they are also proof against fire, and quite resistant to electricity and all weapons except with an enchanted slashing edge.

Vegetation grants partial cover, concealment, and is difficult terrain
The Bold may Go!
Zadeh - 5' up
Gaétan

Mosslord
Barometz
Arillia
Marcus
Tally - 30' up
Agata

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 19

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Are there any knowledge checks for these goons?


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Yeah, they were Knowledge (nature) - the results of Zadeh, Agata, and Sweet Maud's rolls are in the spoilers

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

OK, if it has been 10 minutes then shield, mirror image and heightened awareness will have expired. I have struck them out from my buff list

Zadeh gives out a long, low, whistle. He whispers, The big thing is a Barometz big stupid plant, immune to electricity, can trample. The smaller thing is a mosslord, lots of spells, resists fire and electricity, needs magical slashing weapons. Lets see how they handle this

With that he makes the smallest of hand gestures. Shadows seem to flow away from him and rapidly move across the forest floor where they rise up into the forms of creatures of nightmare. Shifting shadow stuff suggests images of axes, log fire and defoliant.

Zadeh summons a bunch of animate dreams to attack the enemy! These are from his expanded summon monster list. They are from the level 6 list, are incorporeal and he gets 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 of them

He then flies up and out of the way.

Now at 20' elevation


| HP 102 | AC20 T20 FF15 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +12, Incorporeal, SR19
Attack:
[dice=Creepy Touch]1d20+16[/dice] [dice=Damage]6d8[/dice] negative energy

The shadows creep along the ground, surrounding the Mosslord and reaching out eagerly to taste its fears!

Attacks:

Given I can only summon them 60' away from me each is going to provoke from the Barometz getting into position. Those going to the sides and behind the Mosslord will also provoke. They are incorporeal so the plants may not be able to harm them. Each Dream attacks the Mosslord, these are touch attacks. Each readies and attacks when its flanking partner gets into position.

Creepy Touch 1: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 = 25
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (3, 2, 7, 5, 6, 8) = 31 negative energy

Creepy Touch 2: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 + 2 = 27
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 8, 8, 4) = 29 negative energy

Creepy Touch 3: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 2 = 33
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 7, 6, 3) = 31 negative energy

Creepy Touch 4: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 2 = 36
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (8, 5, 6, 1, 5, 8) = 33 negative energy

Creepy Touch 5: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 = 21
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 8, 1, 4, 8) = 29 negative energy

Creepy Touch 6: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 2 = 32
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 7, 8, 2) = 33 negative energy

Assuming they all hit its flat footed touch AC that looks like 186 damage. As they do negative energy damage it should not be subject to DR.

Assuming at least one hits then it needs to make a DC21 will save or become cursed, taking 1d4 ⇒ 2 wisdom drain and becoming fatigued. they only have to do so once due to this limitation of expanded summon monster

Monster Summoner's Handboo wrote:


When these alternative monsters are summoned, they do not always possess the full power typical of creatures of their kind. Most have weaker versions of abilities that are normally usable at will. If a summoned creature from these lists possesses an ability that both is usable an unlimited number of times per day and requires a saving throw, a creature that attempts a saving throw against the ability becomes immune to that ability for 24 hours. This immunity also applies to that ability possessed by all other creatures of the same kind summoned by the same spellcaster

I have alwys assumed this only applies to each individual use of a summon spell

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

If i can shoot through vegetation for the mosslord. Decision number one:

Spellcaster are always the tricker one. Normaly, i would I have ready an action to disrupt his spell but, Zadeh seems to have done a lot of damage to him. To be sure i will add an another arrow.,strategises Gaétan.

A flock of arrows flies into the mosslord. Together, they create a ball of light which do great internal damage to the mosslord.

"You are right, that why are Pathfinders! Shame on you to have ally yourself with the enemy of all life!"

free action activating boot of speed.Clustered shot mean all the action are considered one. Improved precise shot takes off the cover and the concealement.Buff:heroism.

first attack: 1d20 + 32 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 32 + 1 + 2 = 51
damage: 1d8 + 29 + 1d8 + 29 ⇒ (1) + 29 + (8) + 29 = 67
second attack: 1d20 + 32 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 32 + 1 = 38
damage: 1d8 + 29 ⇒ (2) + 29 = 31

Third attack: 1d20 + 27 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 27 + 1 + 2 = 50
damage: 1d8 + 29 ⇒ (2) + 29 = 31

Fourth attack: 1d20 + 22 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 22 + 1 + 2 = 33
damage: 1d8 + 28 ⇒ (4) + 28 = 32

haste attack: 1d20 + 32 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 32 + 1 + 2 = 46
damage: 1d8 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 = 37

crit chance: 1d20 + 27 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 27 + 1 + 2 = 42
damage: 2d8 + 58 ⇒ (5, 4) + 58 = 67

This will probably ram us,Strategises Géatan. But we should survive.

if i cannot attack the mosslord:
Same as above but for the baromets (exception no haste attack)


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23

GM Screen:
Stealth: 1d20 + 0 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 0 + 2 + 20 = 36
Perception: 1d20 + 27 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 27 - 4 = 38

The Mosslord reels from the swarm of living nightmares, but still seems hale and vital enough before Géatan's hail of arrows cuts it down, splitting its heartwood with a particularly well placed shot!

The Barometz powers through another pair of arrows and lurches forward, diverting slightly into the undergrowth to flatten a tree right beneath Zadeh, but still trampling much of the party!

Trample Damage: 5d10 + 15 ⇒ (5, 10, 6, 5, 2) + 15 = 43 You may make an AoO at a -4, but may not choose to avoid it.

Vegetation grants partial cover, concealment, and is difficult terrain
The Bold may Go!

Zadeh - 20' up
Gaétan -43

Mosslord -357
Barometz -69
Arillia -43
Marcus -43
Tally - 30' up
Agata -43 (Sweet Maud -43)

Expanded Summons:
My reading on the Expanded Summons is that the limit is applied to creatures summoned by the same spellcaster not the same spell, so additional bunches of critters wouldn't be able to use the same ability. Drop me a PM or bring it up in Discussion if you have further support for the other reading.

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Arillia grunted as the massive creature ran roughshod over her, thankful that much of the punishment seemed to have been absorbed by her magical defenses.

Can't run away from this brute. Let's see how well he burns.
She will cast Fireball empowered through her rod at the upper regions of the creature. I think I can get him while leaving everyone else out. If that would include any party members, she will use Fire Snake instead.
Empowered Fireball (DC 23): 10d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1, 5, 3, 6, 5, 1, 5, 2, 1) + 10 = 41 - Empowered to 61

Fire Snake Alternative:
Fire Snake (DC 26): 15d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 4, 1, 1, 6, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 6, 5, 4) + 15 = 60


| HP 102 | AC20 T20 FF15 | Fort +12, Reflex +8, Will +12, Incorporeal, SR19
Attack:
[dice=Creepy Touch]1d20+16[/dice] [dice=Damage]6d8[/dice] negative energy

The animate dreams swarm across the forest floor towards the Barometz, reaching eagerly for it!

Two double move into flanking positions, provoking, the other four can get there with one 60' fly move and attack. They fly and are incorporeal so shouldnt be bothered by the difficult terrain.

Rolls:

Creepy Touch: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 16 + 2 = 30
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 6, 3, 7) = 25 negative energy

Creepy Touch: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 = 25
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 7) = 22 negative energy

Creepy Touch: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 = 28
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 8, 2, 7) = 31 negative energy

Creepy Touch: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 = 22
Damage: 6d8 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 5, 2, 3) = 20 negative energy

That looks like 98 damage.

Dark Archive

Male Ifrit; Fighter (Unbreakable) 1/Rogue (Unchained) 4/ Pain Taster 10 | HP 133(135)/135| AC 38 T 23 FF 29 | CMB +17, CMD 38 | F: +20, R: +22, W: +16 | Init: +15 | Perc: +32 (33 vs surprise / 34 vs traps) | Speed 30ft | Trap Spotter | Burning Hands 1/1 Active conditions: None

AoO, Gang Up: 1d20 + 31 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 31 + 2 - 4 = 48
Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d3 + 14 + 7d6 ⇒ (3) + 14 + (4, 2, 5, 4, 4, 1, 3) = 40

Marcus feels a rush as he opens up a small cut on himself to match the one on the titanic beast.

4 damage to self for +2 to hit and +5 to dsmage

1st Attack, Gang Up, Masochism, Sadism: 1d20 + 31 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 31 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 48
Damage, Sneak Attack, Masochism, Sadism: 1d3 + 14 + 7d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 14 + (1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 2, 1) + 5 = 32

2nd Attack, Gang Up, Masochism, Sadism: 1d20 + 26 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 26 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 42
Damage, Sneak Attack, Masochism, Sadism: 1d3 + 14 + 7d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 14 + (2, 2, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4) + 5 = 46

3rd Attack, Gang Up, Masochism, Sadism: 1d20 + 21 + 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 2 - 4 + 2 = 26
Damage, Sneak Attack, Masochism, Sadism: 1d3 + 14 + 7d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 14 + (4, 1, 6, 3, 5, 3, 3) + 5 = 45

Marcus's whip cracks along the side of the Barometz.

Pain for pain and joy to be found.

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

I neglected to mention that Arillia cast her spell defensively above. She can make the check for either spell on a 1 though. She needs to have a substantial penalty to not auto-succeed on anything she can cast.

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

activating aid token.
10d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 1, 6, 5, 4, 5, 6, 6) = 47of healing.

The pathfinders heals other pathfinders.

Clustered shot mean all the action are considered one for DR. Improved precise shot takes off the cover and the concealement Point-blank master mean no attack of opportunity .Buff:heroism point-blank Arrows:durable adamantine

first attack: 1d20 + 32 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 32 + 1 + 2 = 49
damage: 1d8 + 29 + 1 + 1d8 + 1 + 29 ⇒ (8) + 29 + 1 + (2) + 1 + 29 = 70
second attack: 1d20 + 32 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 32 + 1 + 2 = 55
damage: 1d8 + 29 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 29 + 1 = 38

Third attack: 1d20 + 27 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 27 + 1 + 2 = 36
damage: 1d8 + 29 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 29 + 1 = 36

Fourth attack: 1d20 + 22 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 22 + 1 + 2 = 40
damage: 1d8 + 28 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 28 + 1 = 34
crit attack: 1d20 + 32 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 32 + 1 + 2 = 40
damage: 2d8 + 60 ⇒ (7, 5) + 60 = 72

"We are lucky it was us who found those Monsters, imagine if it was those with less experiences!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

Apologies, I've been having problems posting. If Arillia needs to include me in her Fireball AoE I am OK with this. This turn I will make a Climb check vs the Barometz's CMD. If I succeed then I he has a -6 penalty to his attack rolls vs me and I am in it's square. I will attack it with my dagger.

Reflex Save, if needed: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Oh Shelyn, why does there ALWAYS need to be a Kuthite.

Tally grumbles quietly as she dives toward the giant ram.

"Spread out if you can, I'll try to cover you."
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (13) + 25 = 38

Climb: 1d20 + 42 ⇒ (12) + 42 = 54

First Time I've used this, a quick refresher:
Limb-Climber (Ex): When adjacent to or in the space of a corporeal creature at least one size category larger than herself, a vexing dodger can climb that creature’s body with a successful Climb check against a DC equal to the target creature’s CMD. Although the vexing dodger is holding on to the creature, this action isn’t a grapple; it doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity from the creature, and neither the vexing dodger nor the creature she climbs gains the grappled condition. While the vexing dodger is on the climbed creature, the creature takes a penalty on attack rolls against the vexing dodger equal to the number of sneak attack dice the dodger possesses. This ability replaces trapfinding.

She then wraps her wings around its eyes, a dirty trick!
1d20 + 19 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 19 + 2 + 6 = 45


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

GM Screen:
Arillia's Perception: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29

Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 Full Damage
Will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 Wisdom Drain: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The great ram doesn't throw back its head and bellow like a wounded animal, instead creaking and groaning from all parts of its mighty frame at once. Engulfed by flame, and surrounded by living nightmares that leave patches of dead growth along its flanks, the Barometz is easy prey for Marcus's whip and collapses with a thundering crash!

Arillia didn't have to include Tally, but wouldn't have known where Zadeh was. That seems likely to come up in the future, so lets roll with the fireball not having engulfed Zadeh for now, but you two should hash out consent for possibly being accidentally included in AOEs over in Discussion - or a plan to avoid it!

The work of the wise shaman Tarniss is enough to quickly heal your wounds, and you are able to quickly continue on. Any rebuffing should be done with your next post - you're ~11 minutes from first casting.

Signs of a pitched battle are obvious in this small clearing. The twisted, corrupt vegetation has been burned, and the smell of a recent fire floats through the air. Immediately to the north, an outcropping of rock rises a dozen feet over the carnage.

A half-dozen orcs mill about the clearing, putting torch and blade to some corrupted plantlife, glancing back at one another every so often to make certain that no one has disappeared.

Perception DC 22:
Several of these orcs are wearing holy symbols of Sarenrae

What do you do?

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Zadeh holds off from redoing the very short duration stuff for now as we dont know how long it wil take to reach the crater. He cannot fail the perception check.

With a wave of his hand Zadeh dismisses the dreams before they start freaking people out.

Zadeh whispers through the message, Sarenrite orcs? Who knew?

Local to have any idea about them: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40

Zadeh takes to the air and resumes being visible. Hey there, who are you and what are you doing in this god forsaken forest! Answer quickly now so there can be no misunderstandings!

Diplomacy if relevant: 1d20 + 38 ⇒ (2) + 38 = 40

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

Yes, It is a good idea!says Gaétan.

auto-aid and recuperate the durable arrows.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Yeah, I know how many people it's an auto-pass for, but I like to give people a sense of how hard it was to spot :-p

Zadeh's sudden appearance sees the orcs reach for their scimitars and falchions, but their leader holds up a hand to halt them.

"I am called Grenir Flamespite. I am a servant of the Dawnflower, and a leader among the Burning Suns. Our chief, Mahja Firehair sent me to investigate disturbing visions she had about this place."

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

A likely story, how do we know you tell the truth, You could be disguised demons, I know the ways of their kind, I have commanedd enough of them in my time. Err, I mean, defeated, yes, I have defeated many demons in my day. What proof do you have?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (17) + 26 = 43


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

The orcs looks very alarmed at Zadeh's statements, but appear to be telling the truth. You do recall that there is apparently a splinter tribe of Sarenrite orcs somewhere within the Hold of Belkzen...

"My proof is that Sarenrae's mercy compels me not to take action at such insults. Why should we trust one who consorts with demons and hides like a spectre in these foul woods?"

The Exchange

CN Male Half Elf Oracle1|Summoner 15 | Init +17-21 | HP: 166|163 | AC: 34 (22 Tch, 23 FF, +2 vs evil, DR10/Adamantine) | CMD 18 | F:+20, R:+27, W:+22, +2 vs ench, -3 vs death, +2 vs cold, +3 vs MA, +2 vs poison and fear | Per: +34, SM: +26
Spell Slots:
5|0|0|0|4
Resources:
Reroll: Unused, Summons 1|13
Conditions: FoM, LBubble, Mind Blank, Stoneskin, Images 5

Consort, consort, the very idea. Madam, I do not consort I command! Zadeh bristles at the very idea and then seems to compose himself. He bows, My apologies, perhaps we should start again. My name is Zadeh Ibn Jad and I remain out of notice because these woods are clearly exceptionally dangerous. I and my companions are here as part of an expedition with the Pathfinder Society. If you wander about you are sure to find dozens of us in here. We believe that the Whispering Tyrant has enacted some terrifying necromantic ritual in the area that will kill everyone for hundreds of miles in every direction and raise them as shambling zombies. We are here to stop it. I dont suppose you would know where the big crater that Gallowspire used to be is?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (9) + 36 = 45

Scarab Sages

male arrow ghost salt:18/30 mind affecting +2 Half-elf perception +22; diplomacy 17 Fighter 9 (mutation warrior) / sentinel 3(erastil)/medium 4 153/153hp 36 ac (t 23;ff 33)Fort +23, Ref +22, Will +21; a lot of little bonus.. init:16 Adamantine durable arrow remaining. 40/40 Blunt 150/150

I can assure I,Venture-Captain Gaétan Emond, am no Friend of demons. I fought when the demons attacked (this city i forgot), i have patrol into the Worldwound. And this (shows His cloak) was taken from the corpse of Deskari himself, Erastil be my witness!

I can assure that if you help us, I and the Society Will ..."
No, I cannot use Field Agents like pawns!

have positive relations with you and i am sure that Sarenrae would be pleased that the Tyrant's plot is no more."

[Auto aid]

Liberty's Edge

Female Halfling Unchained Vexxing Dodger 9/ Free Hand Fighter 6/Mouser 1 | HP 15/128 | AC 42, TAC 31, FFAC 20, 43 CMD | Fort +11, +18 Reflex, +9 Will (+5 vs enchantment effects) | +7 Init | Perception +16, See Invisibility | Panache 2 | Heroism, Barkskin |

I auto aid.

"Why is everyone mentioning demons? The Tyrant is all about undead things, right? Not saying that he couldn't diversify but we are one of the good guys.

Tally pulls out a silver holy symbol of Shelyn.

We're havin a walk about to stop evil from casting the 'come hither' on all of us. Wanna lend a hand?

Liberty's Edge

Female HP: 125/137, Temp HP: 0 | AC 35*, touch 18, flat 31*, CMD 25 (freedom of movement) | Fort +22*, Reflex +17*, Will +18* (+1 demons) | Init: +10, Perception +24* | Spells/Day: 1/0/0/5/2/0/0 | Fly 60' | Dragon Breath 2/2, Lesser Empower Rod 1/3, Paizo Reroll +4 0/1, Rune of Alacrity 1/1, Rune of Endurance 0/1

Given a moment to catch her breath, Arillia casts another False Life before catching up with the others.

It's going to be another one of those days I guess.
False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Coming upon the ensuing discussion, she adds her thoughts. "This menace threatens us all. The Pathfinders are pushing forward to its source. Can you lend any aid?"
Auto aid Diplomacy.

1 to 50 of 595 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Siege of Gallowspire - Champion 15-16 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.