GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn


751 to 800 of 1,187 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen runs a hand through his slightly singed hair as he looks around the broken remnants of the laboratory.

This may be a good place for you to resupply, Great Detective Smokeworker G'nak.

Perhaps there might be some healing potions about as well. He adds.

I am going to go stand in the corner and not touch anything.


The Perennial Crown

It looks like these orcs were experimenting on forest creatures. If one of you can make a crafting check, there are enough reagents left over on one of the tables to create some items.

Spoiler:
2d20 ⇒ (14, 3) = 17

Each alchemist has two minor elixirs of life left over.


The Perennial Crown

Behind this room is a storage area full of old alchemical gear and reagents. It's too much to carry but should you return with a wagon (a process that would take two full days of travel) Tamli would purchase it. She may also head out here once safe and collect herself, giving you a finder's fee.

There are two p[aths ahead, and at the end of each are wooden doors. The two paths leading to them are shown at the top of the current battle map and marked with arrows.

One door is plain wood. The other is a double door made from stout wood and bound with iron. They're crudely decorated with a carving of a small rural village that has been set ablaze.

Which way?


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie looks at the doors, considering and weighing the choice of which one to go through. The picture in particular reminds her of a story about a man...no, a dragon-man? Maybe just a dragon? Must have been a dragon. He went around burning thatched-roof cottages. She thinks the author was Starkböse, a notoriously strange writer of children's stories and thinks it may have involved an arm-wrestling match, a drawing contest, and someone named Vee getting consumed by the dragon.

With that all in-mind, she goes for the double door, figuring that whatever is behind it is probably more important.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Tien Xia has many dragons, and not a few dragon-men. Best not think too hard about how that works.

Cai Fen stands in formation next to Kyrie.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula offers more fruit to Cai before falling in line with the lit crit battle maiden.

Goodberry: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer follows behind Kyrie, mentally preparing himself for what lies beyond the double doors.


The Perennial Crown

Spoiler:

Cai, Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
G'nak, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Guyzer, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Kyrie, Perception (Defend): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Sculptor, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Crafting: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Creation, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

As you open the doors, you realize the crudely-carved town is Etran's Folly.

Inside is another laboratory — this one better equipped. There's an orc wearing goggles and holding a syringe; he’s standing next to an open door on the opposite side of the room. He dashes into the chamber beyond. he won initiative.

Beyond is a farmer strapped to a large rack; he begins whimpering when he sees the orc coming towards him. The man’s flesh is missing in places, replaced with large glass and metal cauldrons that seem to be extracting his blood, mixing it with reagents, and then pumping it back into his flesh. Around the room are shackles mounted to the wall where previous prisoners must have spent their final moments.

The orc slams the syringe into the farmer's heart. The man screams, thrashing as the reactant causes his body to transform. His chest rapidly distends — howls become mewling as ribs, like fingers pushing through cotton, pop through the skin one by one.

There's something throbbing inside his chest cavity. The whimpers stop, and out from the cavity slides what looks like a mass of congealed blood… it solidifies into a horrific creature made of pulsating organs and congealed blood — somehow, it seems far too large to fit into any human's body. artwork on slide 2; the creature's pseudopods look like they reach up to 15 feet.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 1

Craft alchemy to ID the creature

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation
Marula
Kyrie, shield raised
Guyzer
Cai, has panache

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen nearly spits out his goodberry.

Sweet Shizuru, what is that thing?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak runs into the laboratory and closes the door to the torture chamber.

"Help me hold this shut! With any luck that thing will eat its master and we can search for clues!"


The Perennial Crown

G'nak hears faint sloshing on the other side of the door…

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 1

Craft alchemy to ID the creature; door shut

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation
Marula
Kyrie, shield raised
Guyzer
Cai, has panache

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen braces his shoulder against the door and listens at it.

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I am not hearing any screaming. Distinct lack of "Oh Gods no! What have I done? I have created a monster! Don't eat meAAAarrgh."


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie advances, her shield up and her stance at the ready to receive any oncoming attacks.

"I am wondering how we will know if the monster is eating him if we do not hear it. I wonder if he has a method to control his victim's new form."

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer moves up a few steps behind those at the door and raises his shield.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Detective G'nak, what sort of monstrous alchemy is this, and how is it being controlled?

A knowledge/craft alchemy check would be very appreciated


The Perennial Crown

GM screen:
1d20 ⇒ 13

Two strange words are spoken from beyond the door: P͞h'ng̢l̵ui͢. P͞h'ng̢l̵ui͢

Orcish:
Rosebud. Rosebud.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 2

Craft alchemy to ID the creature; door shut

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation
Kyrie, shield raised
Guyzer
Cai, has panache

Marula, delayed


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak walks over to the laboratory table and says, "He's talking to this blood ball as though it were a lover."

G'nak tries to recall what this creature might be. Dubiously, I might add.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

He then takes a deeper look at the items on the table.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Just buy me some time while I look for clues, or at least something useful."

I totally don't expect people to actually buy him some time, unless that makes sense to you too. So, feel free to open the door or do whatever you think makes sense.


The Perennial Crown

I will roll the dubious knowledge check for you.

Craft alchemy - don't look!:
Dice rolls happened. Stop peeking!

G'nak remembers coming across alchemical notes on these creations while researching his bombs. Blood Balls (which is their actual name) are eternally grateful to their alchemist creators for giving them life. Because of this bond, Blood Balls can be given commands using certain reagents, much like a trained animal.

Looking around, the smokeworker sees a scatter of useless reagents.

Boom, Boom!:
damage dice?: 2d4 + 2d6 + 2d8 + 2d10 + 2d12 ⇒ (3, 4) + (3, 4) + (5, 8) + (5, 6) + (3, 6) = 47+ X

Something on the other side slams the door twice. Each impact causes it to bounce open slightly, but with Cai pushing on it the door immediately shuts again. The wood is beginning to splinter…

The voice on the other side of the door: c̡̛͟h̢͞to̸k!̨

Orcish:
Bad!

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 2

Craft alchemy to ID the creature; door shut and -X HP

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation
Kyrie, shield raised
Guyzer
Cai, has panache

Marula, delayed

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen opens the battered door (or lets it fall of its hinges).

What do we see? Where is the blob and what is the Sculptor doing and what is he holding/wielding?


The Perennial Crown

The blood ball is 15 feet behind the door; the Sculptor stands behind him with a flask in his hands.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 2

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation
Kyrie, shield raised
Guyzer
Cai, has panache, 2 actions left

Marula, delayed

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen moves in.


The Perennial Crown

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 2

Craft alchemy to ID the creature; door shut and -X HP

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation
Kyrie, shield raised
Guyzer

Cai, has panache

Marula, delayed


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie moves in and smacks at the blob with her shield, hoping to draw its attention away from her allies.

Attack with Shield Boss: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage (everstand): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Stride, strike, raise shield


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula sprouts into action once the door opens, moving in and throwing a heavy jug at the blob.

Telekinetic projectile: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Blunt damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer concentrates while making complex gestures and muttering strange sounds.

Oh? Need my help again? a tiny voice sounds out. A moment later a sprite appears near the top of the door frame and just out of reach of the monster. Two bright tongue of flame springs out from its hand toward the mad creation.

Luminous Spark VS AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Tiny Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Luminous Spark VS AC: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 5 = 5

Tiny Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4


The Perennial Crown

The spark and Marula both hit the ooze!

attacks:
Moderate Frost bomb, quick bombs: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 24
Moderate Fire bomb, quick bombs: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 1 - 5 = 23
Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 -10 speed until end of next turn
fire: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 7) = 8 2 persistent

The alchemist keeps the pouch in his hand and with the other quickly reaches into his bandolier and lobs two bombs at Cai — both hit. The cold makes Cai’s skin turn frostbitten and his muscles to seize; the fire burns and begins eating into his flesh.

The Sculptor then moves away from the gymnast, trying to keep away from melee threats and avoid potential flanking. 9 cold, 8 fire, -10 move speed until the end of next turn, 2 persistent fire.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 3

Craft alchemy to ID the creature; door shut and -X HP

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation, -13 hp
Kyrie, shield raised
Marula, delayed
Guyzer
Cai, has panache, -17 HP, -10 move speed, 2 persistent (dc 15 flat at end of turn)


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

”Useless! These reagents are all useless!”

G’nak leaves the workbench, returns to the doorway to quickly throw a bomb at the creature, and then moves to search the other side of the room.

Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7 +1 splash, + 1 persistent fire

”There must be something useful in here!”


The Perennial Crown

G'nak easily hits the Blood Ball, and finds a moderate frost bomb on the table!

The ooze attacks the nearest creature… Kyrie. It misses, twice but hits once; the wound gapes open, bleeding profusely 13 damage, -7 from shield block hardness, 5 bleed on her turn; now

Attacks:

pseudopod: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
pseudopod: 1d20 + 15 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 5 = 23
pseudopod: 1d20 + 15 - 10 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 10 = 8
bludgeoning: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5
flat: 1d20 ⇒ 10

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 3

Sculptor
G'nak
Creation, -20 hp , 1 bleed
Kyrie, -11 HP, shield raised -5HP on shield, 1d6 bleed (DC 15 flat at end of turn)
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, has panache, -17 HP, -10 move speed, 2 persistent fire (dc 15 flat at end of turn)


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula moves into the room and zaps the two foes.

Electric Arc Reflex 18: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

They say to Cai,

"Isolated lambs
Make easy prey for jackals.
Come back, alpaca."

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Such unnatural things shouldn't exist. It threatens all and needs to be unmade.

Guyzer tells the sprite as he moves closer towards the door. Raising his free hand that suddenly appears rocky, a stone shoots forth from his palm toward the blood monster.

Elemental Toss VS AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Rock Smash + Blood Magic: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Nasty thing it is. No need for it, none there is. remarks the tiny fey as keeps flinging bits of flame from the doorway.

Luminous Spark VS AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Tiny Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Luminous Spark VS AC: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 5 = 6

Tiny Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 4


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie heals herself quickly, hoping to stanch the bleeding some. Lay on hands, heals 6 and gets +2 status bonus to AC for 1 round

She bashes her shield full-force with all of her weight into the monstrosity. ”I will distract this one while you deal with the alchemist!”

Attack with Shield Boss: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage (everstand): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

She holds up her battered shield, preparing for the return strike.

Flat Check for Bleed: 1d20 ⇒ 13
The reduced DC for getting healed should make that a success, I believe

Lay on Hands, Strike, Raise Shield


The Perennial Crown

saves:
Reflex, Sculptor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Reflex, ooze: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Marula's jolt shocks both the sculptor and ooze. Both failed the save. Guyzer and the fey strike Blood Ball once each. Kyrie heals herself then slams her shield into the creature — unfortunately, with no internal organs, it's not able to be damaged as much as she hoped. It is immune to crits.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 3

Sculptor -6 hp
G'nak
Creation, -49 hp
Kyrie, -5 HP, shield raised -5HP on shield
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, has panache, -17 HP, -10 move speed, 2 persistent fire (dc 15 flat at end of turn)

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen staggers after the alchemist, his muscles cramping with the chill. He lashes out with the war flail, not at the alchemist but at the pouch he is holding.

Strike: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Confident finish: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

On Fire: 1d20 ⇒ 9


The Perennial Crown

I'll use the hardness for Cloth as found here: https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=730

Cai burns more -19 HP. He cannot quite connect with the alchemist's pouch of reagents, but he grazes the pouch and rips open its seams! Dried blood spills onto the floor.

k̵f̵a̸k̶!̵

No translation is needed; the alchemist is quite unhappy about this. Have a hero point!

The alchemist then lobs fire and ice at the swashbuckler once again.

Attacks:
Moderate Frost Bomb, Quick Bomber: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Moderate Frost Fire, Quick Bomber: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 - 5 = 25
Frost: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 -10 speed Crit for 10 -29 HP
Fire: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 2 burn This will drop cai

The frost bomb shatters across Cai's ear, ringing his skull and probably leaving a scar there. Crit The alchemist lobs a second bomb at the woozy gymnast. When Cai falls, he shouts something in Orcish: t̶h̴o̴k̶'̴k̴ ̸a̶ ̶r̸e̵t̵h̸,̸ ̶c̴h̷u̸n̴c̸h̷a̴k̶!

Orc:
Die as you lived: burning!

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 4

Sculptor -6 hp
G'nak
Creation, -49 hp
Kyrie, -5 HP, shield raised -5HP on shield, +2 AC after LoH
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, dying 1, burning 2


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Found something useful!" G'nak rushes to the door and tosses the frost bomb at the blood ball!

Frost Bomb moderate: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29 Woot!
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 +2 cold splash, + the target takes a -10' penalty


The Perennial Crown

Kyrie takes 2 splash damage from the bomb, which (although thrown well) does not damage the creature as much as G'nak hopes. The blood ball furiously lashes out at Kyrie — hitting hard… but not as hard as it would have without the divine protection of the Inheritor.

It then spins three pseudopods blindly outwards, slashing Kyrie to drink her blood and replenish itself.

attacks:
Pseudopod: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
bludgeoning: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 + bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 3 bleed
Lashes: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) = 10

Kyrie takes 5 damage from the first attack after shattering the shield. She takes 3 bleed on her turn and needs to make a fort save to determine how much blood was just lost.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 4

Sculptor -6 hp
G'nak
Creation, -56 hp
Kyrie, -15 HP, need fort save, shield broken, 6 bleed (dc 15 flat)
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, dying 1, burning 2 (dc 15 flat)


F Human Champion/3

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Kyrie ponders her next actions, briefly thinking of that obscure philosophy text she read once. She got absolutely nothing out of it except understanding of what a dialectic is, and even that required reading the supplemental critical essays in the back to figure out.

Abstract: I need to guard against the blob before it kills us all.
Negative: My shield is broken.
Concrete: I draw my longsword so I can attack the blob while I finagle my shield.

She unstraps her shield, draws her longsword, and attacks with it.

Attack with Longsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Unstrap shield, draw longsword, attack with longsword

Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19


The Perennial Crown

Kyrie falls as the Blood Ball draws forth her blood in great gouts; to your horror, you see its wounds healing.

That was a crit fail, so 20 damage. Kyrie then bleeds out at the end of her turn, but uses her Hero Points to recover heroically!

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 4

Sculptor -6 hp
G'nak
Kyrie, -29 HP, no shield
Creation, -46 hp
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, dying 1, burning 2 at EoT (dc 15 flat)


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Suddenly very worried, Marula summons healing energy around Cai and scampers out of the room.

Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


The Perennial Crown

Marula heals Cai.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 4

Sculptor -6 hp
G'nak
Kyrie, -29 HP, no shield
Creation, -46 hp
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, wounded 1, -18 HP, burning 2 at EoT (dc 15 flat)

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen lurches awake. He desperately gropes for his bandages, attempting to staunch his own wounds.

Battle Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

His movements are sluggish and unfocused. Head still spinning, he tries to focus and remember the basics of first aid.

Hero point.

Battle Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

That is some awful rolling

Feeling slightly recovered, he grabs his war mace and lurches to his feet.

ON FIRE: 1d20 ⇒ 19

The alchemical fire on his body dies away.


The Perennial Crown

Cai heals himself and picks up his weapon.

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round

Sculptor -6 hp
G'nak
Kyrie, -29 HP, no shield
Creation, -46 hp
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, wounded 1, -14 HP

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Sweat starting to perspire down his face, Guyzer keeps chanting. His free hand and arm changes some more from appearing rocky into smooth, green stone. A glowing, bright green oval gemstone shoots forth, this time not at the blob but Kyrie! Where it hits her, her form ripples as if water as the piece of jade sinks into her.

2 Action Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

UGH!! Evil thing, ugly thing. Stop being, just bedone!

The Sprite continues majestically throwing flame as if the entire conflict rests on his participation.

Luminous Spark VS AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Tiny Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Luminous Spark VS AC: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 5 = 18

Tiny Burn: 1d4 ⇒ 3


The Perennial Crown

The alchemist lobs a fire bomb at Cai, hitting him in the other ear, and then moves to the back of the room.

Spoiler:
My masterpiece will drain you!

Spoiler:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
2d8 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 doubled to 18+4 splash

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 5

Sculptor -6 hp
G’nak
Kyrie, -16 HP, no shield

Creation, -52 hp
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, wounded 1, dying 3, on fire


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie decides it is time to shift her focus. She stands and draws her sword, getting some distance between her and the blob as she sets her eyes on the alchemist. ”I will not let you continue to hurt my friends.”

Stand, move, draw


The Perennial Crown

The blood ball moves slowly toward the closet and most numerous life sources — Guyzer and the fey! It lashes out three tentacles, striking everyone in reach and sucking their spilt blood.

Spoiler:
Slashing: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) = 7

Guyzer and Fey: Please make basic fort saves, in that order!

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 5

Sculptor -6 hp
G’nak
Kyrie, -16 HP, no shield
Creation, -52 hp
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, wounded 1, dying 3, on fire

Dark Archive

G'nak lobs two alchemist fires at the Blood Ball before moving away.

G'nak lobs two alchemist fires at the Blood Ball before moving away.

Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 5 = 16
fire: 1d8 ⇒ 5 + 1 persistent fire
fire: 1d8 ⇒ 4 + 1 persistent fire

Enemy -63 hp 1 burn


The Perennial Crown

The blood ball moves slowly toward the closest and most numerous life sources — Guyzer and the fey! It lashes out three fifteen-foot tentacles, slashing everyone in reach and sucking their spilt blood.

Spoiler:
Slashing: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) = 10

Guyzer and Fey: Please make basic fort saves, in that order!

Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 19

The sculptor and his masterpiece, Round 5

Sculptor -6 hp
G’nak
Kyrie, -16 HP, no shield
Creation, -64 hp
Marula
Guyzer
Cai, no panache, wounded 1, dying 3, on fire

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

These are my next two flat checks, happening, chronologically, at the bottom of the round.

Dice rolls.:

Check 1: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Check 2: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula gasps as Cai again falls.

"Repent, foul monster.
Not this aberration here.
No, you, who made it."

They send a gout of water at the bloody horror, pushing it back.

Hydraulic Push: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Bludgeoning + 5' push: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) = 7

They then raise their shield, looking anxiously at their fallen comrade.

751 to 800 of 1,187 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.