GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master Doug Hahn


451 to 500 of 701 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Marula misses. Cai's flail strikes true!

Besting the Bully: Round 1

Getting onto berm is difficult terrain, crossing tripwire is difficult terrain. Black squares are not legal; red is below the berm and water is x4, or swim if you go out further

G'nak Drained 1
Marula
Guyzer
Kyrie shield raised, -8 hp, shield -8 hp
Cai
Hallod -20hp

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +6 | Perc: +4 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +8 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +6 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer growls out several esoteric phrase in quick succession. The surrounding earth responds by shooting up from the ground toward Hallod, twice!

elemental toss, then pebble potshot

Elemental Toss vs AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Spell Damage + Bloodline Bonus: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Pebble Potshot vs AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Spell Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

Running out of options, G,nak draws, loads, and fires his shortbow.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The earth itself strikes Hallod; the detective's arrow flies wide and sticks in the tree-trunk.

Hallod responds with a one-two punch against Cai — the first of which makes the brawler flat-footed, and the second of which hits him in soundly in the gut. This is followed by a savage strike to the head with the kukri.

Strike 1, Kukri: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Strike 2, fist vs. flat-footed: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 5 = 12
Strike 3, kukri: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (20) - 10 = 10

Slashing, Kukri: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 -3 via Kyrie's reaction
Fist, nonlethal: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Slashing, Kukri: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Doubled

One-two punch action, crit followed by free Athletics to Shove. Cai has taken 19 damage lethal and 15 damage nonlethal; nothing says precision HAS to be lethal from my reading, so at this point, Cai is knocked out at 0 instead of dying.

Hallod then shoves the brawler off the berm, where his body sets off the trap! The spear jabs at Cai, causing him to start bleeding out!

Athletics to Shove: 1d20 - 10 ⇒ (13) - 10 = 3
spear trap: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Piercing: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 = 10

Hallod's bloodshot eyes are wide with adrenaline and his veins bulge as he screams: Come get some!

Besting the Bully: Round 3

Getting onto berm is difficult terrain; tripwire is difficult terrain

G'nak Drained 1
Marula
Guyzer
Kyrie shield raised, stance, -8 hp, shield -8 hp
Cai Dying 1
Hallod -29hp

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swashbuckler 1 (Gymnast) Character Page

Cai Fen clutches the spear in his abdomen, his vision fading to gray. Is this the end?

Stabilization check:

Dying 1: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

Marula moves to the side and zaps the bully.

Electric Arc DC 17: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 7

The spark lightly singes Hallod’s shoulder; he continues to revel in his cruelty. Once your friend here’s dead I’m coming to cut you down, plant-person.

Besting the Bully: Round 3

Getting onto berm is difficult terrain; tripwire is difficult terrain

G'nak Drained 1
Marula
Guyzer
Kyrie shield raised, stance, -8 hp, shield -8 hp
Cai unconscious, stable
Hallod -32hp


F Human Champion/2

@GM Doug Kyrie used her lay on hands on herself last round so she’s only down 2 hp

Kyrie marches towards Hallod, her face a deep scowl of severe conviction.

”I will not let you, Hallod. I will enjoy defeating you.”

She smashes her shield into his chest, then holds it up against his inevitable counterattack.

Attack with Shield: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage (everstand stance): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Step, strike, raise shield

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +6 | Perc: +4 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +8 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +6 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer takes a moment to glare some more at Hallod while continuing his chanting. The rocks around Guyzer swirl up and strike again!

Intimidation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Pebble Potshot vs AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Spell Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Kyrie's rejoinder is punctuated by a shield to the jaw — spit flies through the air as Hallod spins on his feet. Guyzer's pebble then strikes him in the temple.

The bully, still snarling, drops to his knees and then splashes facedown into the water. A red ribbon gleams in the water, trailing from the knockout blow.

Out of combat!

You may stop Hallod from drowning and try to tie him up if you wish. You also have Cai unconscious.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Searching the Crates:
The crates contain 50 gp worth of alchemical reagents that can be used in Crafting alchemical items, a runestone containing a shadow rune (55 GP), and 2 everburning torches (15 GP each).

Searching Hallod:
Hallod has 1 +1 Kukri, a heavy crossbow (10 bolts), leather armor, a lesser healing potion, a lesser juggernaut mutagen (1), an empty vial, and a strongbox key. this is the key for the strongbox G'nak picked and was poisoned by.

There is also a mysterious letter:

letter wrote:

Hallod,

The final shipment of corpse blood is due in just over a week, and it is the last thing I need from that rambling old fool. I’ve enclosed a parting gift for him that should give you a laugh. Be sure that he gets it, my darling.

Drop off the reagents as soon as they arrive. My work is almost done. You will find your usual reward in the stump.

— V.

This is the end of part one! You feel that this experience has helped you become a more capable adventure, and you will hit level 2 once you rest.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

Marula let's Tila fly. The colorful puff lands on Cai's chest, listening for a heartbeat.

Meanwhile, the leshy moves to Hallod's side, pulling the murderer's head above water.

"You've debts to repay.
Sun shone upon Brok's journeys.
You starved him of light."

They look to Kyrie.

"Would you spare this weed?
Transplant it to safer soil?
It won't flourish here."


F Human Champion/2

Kyrie stares at Hallod, his head in the water. “When in doubt, I may force my enemies to surrender, but I am responsible for their lives.” There are equally strong arguments for either choice. The question of “why” remains though, and she is not equipped to question the dead, and that answer could save far more lives. She scowls.

She pulls him up. ”I think we should tie him up.”


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You tie up Hallod. Cai still lies unconscious on the ground. You have a lesser healing potion you can feed to Cai.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak nods in agreement.

"We'll need to question him."

Would a craft alchemy be able to identify with corpse blood might be used for?

craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

G'nak notes that corpse blood is just as vile as it sounds — it's a reagent used to create poisons and diseases.

You wait ten minutes, reading the letter and looking for treasure while Cai lays on the ground. Then, Kyrie heals him. Cai is at 6 HP.

Hallod is tied up and unconscious; you can craft a stretcher to carry him back if you like.

You also have a clue to follow up on: the "drop point" with a tree stump highlighted on the map you found in Hallod's lockbox bedroom. It looks to be miles out in the forest, outside Etran's Folly. It's probably the stump "V" mentioned in her letter, in fact.

Hallod's map wrote:
a winding path passes through a strange V-shaped chamber before ending at what appears to be a clearing with a tree stump labeled “DROP POINT.”
V's letter wrote:
You will find your usual reward in the stump.

You may take Hallod to the sheriff, or investigate the stump. The stump is about 3 miles away. (note Hallod may wake up in the interim). You also need to spend an additional 20 minutes extracting the silver sword if you want.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swashbuckler 1 (Gymnast) Character Page

Kyrie rouses Cai Fen from his pleasant dreams of electric sheep, bouncing through grassy fields filled with otherworldly flowers in graceful, fluffy arcs. He struggles to open his bleary eyes for a moment.

He looks about him gathering his wits. His blue eyes flash with anger when he spots Hallod still breathing, and it seems that he is about to spring into action, but he quickly relaxes.

Good. I would hate to be asleep when they hang him.

He sets about cleaning and bandaging his wounds, which include but are not limited to dog bites, snake fang punctures, electric burns, bruises, kukri cuts, and a spear through his chest.

Let us take this filth nodding his head toward Hallod back to the Sheriff. Unless it is secretly being one of Marula’s compatriots, the stump isn’t going anywhere.

He also suggests that while he is fussing with his medical kit and Marula is building a stretcher, someone can take the time to recover the rapier.

Treat Wounds: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Healing?: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Cai is 17/20 HP


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

Marula spends some time gathering fallen branches and materials from the stores at the cavern entrance, assembling them into a gurney.

"An elm watches. Waits.
As the herd judges the wolf.
It hopes for accord."

During the walk back, Marula says to Cai,

"You fall like the leaves.
Regularly and with grace.
But then spring leaves sprout.

"Be more like a spruce.
Its needles fall less often.
Can I teach you how?

"We could walkabout.
I'll show you how plants thrive and
Withstand the windstorm."

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swashbuckler 1 (Gymnast) Character Page

Cai Fen nods.

Show me.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

1d4 ⇒ 3
1d4 ⇒ 4
Craft Stretcher: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
G'nak, Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Marula crafts a sturdy stretcher for the unconscious brute, and you make your way out of the cave system.

----

G'nak examines the empty vial found on Hallod; it seems to have once been a juggernaut mutagen. There is one more on Hallod's person that he takes.

Hallod wakes up, tied up[] in Rolth's basement. He sneers at the lot of you.

Kyrie wrote:
The question of “why” remains though, and she is not equipped to question the dead, and that answer could save far more lives.

Asked "why" by Kyrie, Hallod doesn't seem to understand. He shrugs. Why? It's fun. Don't you like having fun?

----

Tamli is brought the news. She listens with rapt attention, the knuckles on her clenched hands white with tension, as the story unfolds. Although she is relieved that the man directly responsible for Bort’s death has been caught, she grows quiet at the revelation that there was someone else involved. She gives you the rest of her savings — 43 gold pieces. This makes me a pauper. But I want you to have all the tools you can to catch whoever's behind this!


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You spend three days in town, resupplying and looking for this "V" — but the trail seems to have gone cold.

Phinick is free now, and working in the bar. He calls G'nak his "Boss" and in his free time, he follows the detective around, polishing his boots, organizing his reagents (which, being illiterate, hurts more than helps), and sneaking him turnips from the kitchen. So many turnips.

On the third evening, you're enjoying a repast of turnip soup and turnip ale in the Feedmill. Rolth is there, talking to Delma. He's sick. Sweaty. Shaking. Begging for mutagen. Says he'll talk. He shrugs. Don't know what "mutagen" is. Too bad. And the doctor's all the way next town over. Oh, well. We'll never know. Rolth yawns and puts some coin on the bar. He gets up to leave.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

Marula nods at Rolth's report, murmuring,

"Poor wounded jackal
Knows whence came his elixir.
May he show us the way."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Rolth's flat, beady eyes slide over to Marula. It's Hallod. Not a jackal. Not wounded. Just sick. Wants "mutagen." Doesn't want "elixir." He's in my basement. Can't show us the way from there. Judge is coming in a month. Case closed.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler 1 (Gymnast) Character Page

Character development time!

The night of Hallod’s capture::

Cai Fen stares at the ceiling of his small room in the Feedmill and ponders the events of recent days. He thinks of Bort, one of the most welcoming and genuinely friendly people that he has ever met, and he thinks of the tragedy that tore Bort from this world. He thinks of Hallod, and individual seemingly reveling in cruelty, and ponders what could have possibly tied the two together. Why would a person like Bort knowingly deal with someone like Hallod, and in corpse blood no less? Who is this mysterious V? And did they use and discard Hallod in the same way that Hallod used and discarded Phinnick? Regardless, the situation in Etran’s Folly seems to be precisely what he was looking to find when he set out on his long journey.

Cai Fen contemplates all that he has learned.
He gains Rogue Dedication – meant to be flavored less as sneaky stabby die die, and more like acquisition of broad skills and knowledge.

By surviving Hallod’s trap filled tunnels, he has learned how to better catch an enemy unawares.
Surprise attack class feature.

The betrayals, poisons, traps and various dark doings are quite sinister, more so considering the history of the town. Could there be an Occult connection?
Training in occultism.

One should probably not jump onto the table and kick food in people’s faces when telling a story.
Training in Perform, oratory.

In fact, stories can be truly inspirational when told well. He thinks of Bort’s handy ability to spin the most absurd situations into a moving tale.
Skill feat: Virtuosic Performance, storytelling.

But even these memories are soured by Bort’s death. If only he had his healer’s kit on hand. If only he had been slightly faster. What in Shizuru’s name is the pink chalk for anyway?
Skill feat: Battle Medicine.

Cai Fen’s eyes close. He sleeps.

A few calm days in Etran’s Folly::

Cai Fen brings the kukri to a smith, with instructions to transfer the magical rune into a blank runestone. After picking it up later in the day, he affixes it to the haft of his war mace.

If you are going on some sort of mission without Cai Fen, or he is otherwise indisposed, feel free to transfer this onto your weapon of choice.

He will also want to find the stump that was mentioned in the note from V to Hallod. He will spend an hour carefully observing the area before trying to move in unseen and check the contents.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

In the evenings he will help out at the Feedmill and tell rousing tales from the time of the Second Empire to anyone willing to listen.

Perform, virtuosic storytelling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

...maybe he breaks less objects and starts a smaller fight this time.

He largely ignores Phinnick. In his mind, the goblin’s cowardice led to Bort’s death, at least in part.

He can also be periodically seen taking out a small leather-bound journal and adding a few lines of Tien characters from time to time.

Today:
The sheriff’s incompetence is staggering.

Though it pleases me that Hallod is having great discomfort, perhaps we should go and attempt to relieve it - if he is truly willing to sell out his employer that is. Oh Great Detective G’nak, this mutagen business sounds like something from your smokehouse. Perhaps you have an idea of what ails him?


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates
Cai wrote:
Perform, virtuosic storytelling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Cai and Flonk (his lute's strings are still broken) make quite the pair, performing spoken word improv at nights in the Feedmill!

However, Flonk slowly becomes jealous of Cai's superior abilities. People are gossiping: will the duo call it quits and embark on solo careers? (Do people want the duo to break up?)

Remember, Hallod had an un-used mutagen on him. You still have it (or if you sold it Tamli will give it back for free in light of the fact it's a potential clue).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

Marula winces at Rolth's harsh, literal dialect of Taldan. Haltingly, they clarify.

"An elixir is... Another word for mutag... En. And jackals are... Like poison ivy... Or bad guys like Hallod here... You know, metaphors?"

A little sap tear wells up in their eye, grief at the man's lack of refinement.


F Human Champion/2

Kyrie finds herself much calmer now that Hallod is tied up. He just seems that much smaller now. His assertion that he was simply having "fun" only serves to further that read on the situation. He is not worth her anger. He has been dealt with and there are greater issues to worry about.

Kyrie nods in approval at Cai's assessment of the situation. "I do not like the idea of helping Hallod out. I would like to know who he is working for. I think maybe we can push the angle that he is just being used and is worthless. I think he will want to prove how strong and in control he is and might tell us something useful."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Located about 3 miles outside Etran’s Folly, the drop point on Hallod’s map is little more than a large hollow tree stump in a small clearing. Inside are a few empty crates, but nothing of value.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Spoiler:
Cai, Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Kyrie, Medicine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Marula, Medicine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Hallod is in the basement, locked in the pantry. You open the door and see that he's pale, sweaty, and shivering. Cai understands this as the symptoms of withdrawl. He looks at you, glassy eyes full of hatred. Where is it? The vial you filthy thieves stole from me? He walks up to the threshold. Give it back. I need it.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G’nak looks skeptical.

Would craft alchemy help me understand if juggernaut elixir is addictive?


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

As far as you know, no. Feel free to roll craft alchemy again and inspect the mutagen.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

Marula cocks their head sympathetically.

"Why give a man fish?
And not take him to the source?
Vee will have more, no?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

I don't want fish. Give me the mutagen you stole. Hallod rolls his eyes at the mention of "V."

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swashbuckler 1 (Gymnast) Character Page

Cai Fen takes out the vial of mutagen and dangles it in front of Hallod.

You are meaning this mutagen?

He uncorks it and takes a sniff.

Crafting, untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Thrice-blessed Shizuru, this is rank!

He staggers and “accidentally” drops the vial…

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

…only to catch it at the last second before it hits the ground.

Whoopsie-doodle. I have great fumble-fingers today.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Hallod lurches for the vial!

Disarm: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 1 = 30 Crit success on disarm means you drop the item

He knocks the vial of mutagen out of Cai's hand, and makes a grab for it!

Spoiler:

Cai, Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
G'nak, Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Guyzer, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Kyrie, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Hallod, Perception: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 1 = 16

Withdrawal symptoms: Bold may Act!

Created a lo-fi map. Vial in Cai's square on ground. Picking up an item provokes.

G'nak
Marula
Guyzer
Kyrie

Hallod Sickened
Cai


F Human Champion/2

Kyrie raises her shield, picks up the vial, and backs away.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Give it to me!

out of initiative. Do you give him the mutagen?

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swashbuckler 1 (Gymnast) Character Page

Cai Fen has heard that withdrawal can sometimes be fatal, depending on the offending substance and the acuteness of the symptoms.

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

But he doesn't have enough experience with this to know whether this is the case for Hallod.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

"V. Who? Where are they?
We will aid you should you tell.
Upon my grove, I swear."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Why should I? Give me the mutagen.

Make me a diplomacy check if you want Hallod to talk, but are not willing to offer him something in return.


F Human Champion/2

Kyrie holds the mutagen tight and well out of range of Hallod’s grasp.

”I think you are familiar with the concept of trading something valuable for something valuable. I am disinclined to feed your addiction, but I would be willing to compromise this once in exchange for honest, helpful answers. I do not think there is any other way for you to get what you want.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Hallod licks his lips. For just a taste. A small taste. To help me get through this… YES! He begins shaking with anticipation.

I met Vilree in the woods six, seven years ago. I was out there looking for some people to hurt, but instead I found her. She was sitting in a glade, roasting live beetles over a fire and collecting their ashes. She could have burned them faster, but she liked to watch them squirm and listen to the steam whistle out of the shell. She's so beautiful. We spent the rest of the afternoon drinking wine and burning things.

She's not really human. Big eyes, pointed ears — but not like an elf. And she gave me jobs I liked. People to do things to, packages to sneak into town under Rolth's nose. We always met by the hollow stump. Stuff like that. But after a few years, she only left me notes telling me about jobs. She paid me in gold and mutagens, to help me be better at what I like to do. And it was more fun than tilling dirt in a turnip farm like Eallom. You'd probably do the same.

I haven't seen Vilree in a long time. She keeps promising to meet me, but never shows because her work is so important.

Don't know why she wanted Bort done with. He shrugs. It was funny, though. Too bad Phinick got released. I think he should be punished, too. You were Bort’s friends. Don't you think he should be punished? He was the one who poisoned your friend. Maybe you could leave him in here with me.

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 18/18 | AC 19 | Class DC 18 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +6 | Perc: +4 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +8 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +6 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

roll for 3 days of bargain hunting previously which I should have done yesterday

Diplomancy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 1 | Stats | HP 23/23 | AC 16 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10| Perc: +8

Marula asks Kyrie silently for the mutagen and sniffs at it, trying to learn its properties.

Craft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Phinick feels remorse.
He may return to the grove.
Not some weed to pluck."

Unlike you, says Tila's angry rustle.

"You've helped. There is hope.
Redemption's yours if you... Just...
Learn from your victims."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Phinick is doing just fine as my apprentice. He's a prime example of redemption."

G'nak takes the mutagen from Marula and inspects it.

Craft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Even though we can't quite identify this mutagen, I'm sure we can all agree it's evidence."

G'nak downs the elixer in one gulp.

"Empirical evidence," he says, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Marula identifies something sweet-smelling in the mix. Likely, a highly addictive chemical. But things happen too quickly for them to pass on that critical knowledge.

Hallod sneers. My victims would only teach me how to cry. Not interested. And I'm not helping you. I am trying to get that muta —

Hallod's eyes go wide as G'nak drinks the vial. He screams.

The hobgoblin's eyes get beadier and dulle, and his muscles bulge. He feels… angry, and something sickly-sweet courses into his bloodstream, a rush like nothing he's felt before…

Make a fort save, please


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

G'nak fights off the addictive nature of the drug, but he might be a little sick tomorrow. He's still all swole, though — and will be for a minute or so.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak flexes and feels his pumped muscles.

"I can see how this would be addictive."

451 to 500 of 701 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.