GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn


851 to 900 of 1,187 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

The Perennial Crown

perception:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

As Cai bursts through he sees a smoke-filled room ahead. Then, tumbling out from the rubble at chest height, he notices a vial that had been placed in the rubble. It's falling through the air in the adjacent square…

please make a reflex save to try and catch this vial before it shatters on the ground.

Sculptor rematch: round 1

Cai, has panache, reflex save needed
G'nak
Marula
Sculptor
Guyzer
Kyrie


The Perennial Crown

Actually retcon the trap. Not enough time in a 10 minute rest to do that and what else he was doing… I was looking at snare rules but I think crafting a trap should take longer

Sculptor rematch: round 1

Cai, has panache
G'nak
Marula
Sculptor
Guyzer
Kyrie


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak steps forward and yells into the room.

Orcish:
"We killed your blood ball and we've got you surrounded. There's no escape. Come out with your hands where we can see them!"


The Perennial Crown

Silence.

Sculptor rematch: round 1

Cai, has panache
G'nak
Marula
Sculptor
Guyzer
Kyrie

Please finish this round before going to the top.


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie is still exhausted from the battle and has a difficult time gathering the energy to move more of the rubble.

Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


F Human Champion/3

Ivan reminded me that I had a third action cause I didn't have to move

Athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


The Perennial Crown

Marula:
Marula moves in and sees the Sculptor standing next to a newly blow-open hole in the wall; it looks like he has cleared the rubble away having time while you healed. They cannot quite see where it leads. The alchemist lobs a bomb at them and ducks into the newly-opened tunnel.

Frist Bomb: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 = 23
Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 + 10' slow

If you want to point out it's an action, which you can spend instead of moving to give them a better sense of the tunnel, or just shout something less specific as a free action. The Sculptor comes out of Delay after this.

Everyone hears the all-too-familiar sound of alchemist bombs going off from inside the room.

Sculptor rematch: round 1

Sculptor?
Cai, has panache
G'nak
Marula -8 HP, slowed 10'
Guyzer
Kyrie


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

"Ouch! Tunnel..."

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen enters and looks about for the weapon that he dropped.

I have an action left to pick up the weapon, as well as enough movement left on my second stride to get me 5 feet from where I currently am.


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie circles around the other way, hoping to trap the alchemist in a pincer movement.

Stride, stride, raise shield


F Human Champion/3

Revised movement as per slack conversation

"I see him right in front of me! I think he is attempting to escape."

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

I will head back towards the entrance to trap him!"

Triple Stride


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Good, idea. I'll come with you." G'nak follows Guyzer to the front entrance. Also stride x3


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula begins to follow the alchemist, rime crackling as they move.


The Perennial Crown

The alchemist twice and opens the door. shǫty̢o͏th͝!̴!

Again, no translation is necessary as he finds himself without the movement to get past the shut door.

Sculptor in Flight: round 2

The open door on the map is now ACTUALLY open.

Cai, has panache
G'nak
Marula, -8HP
Sculptor
Guyzer
Kyrie

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen gives chase.


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie advances on the retreating "sculptor" and bashes into him with her spiked shield. "I will not let you escape after what you have done."

Attacking him with cover, I assume

Attack with Shield Spikes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage (everstand): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If he attacks her, she will use Reactive Shield to raise her shield for the AC bonus


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula makes their way through the rubble, raising their shield as they approach the alchemist. Their usual bright, vernal mien has become wintery.

"Tarry for a while.
Smell the fetid stench you made
While you become dirt."


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak moves in and quickly throws two alchemist fires at the orc!

Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 +1 splash, + 1 persistent fire

Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 5 = 9
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3 +1 splash, + 1 persistent fire

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer rushes into the doorway, coming face to face with this demented alchemist. He smolders with fury at the travesty this cretin has done against the townspeople and the natural world. Lashing out with his sword doesn't cause his angry to relent in anyway.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Smoldering Slash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

S Type Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


The Perennial Crown

Kyrie slams her shield into the sculptor's collarbone.

G'nak can't quite target him but does some splash damage.

The alchemist looks shaken at this old elf standing before him, and then bleeds!

Tumble Through:
Tumble Through, Frightened 1 vs DC 16: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 1 = 24

The alchemist slips by Guyzer and then proceeds to put as much distance between himself and the others as possible.

Nothing crit succeeded here, including the intimidate.

Sculptor in Flight: round 3

Sculptor -18 HP
Cai, has panache
G'nak
Marula, -8HP
Guyzer
Kyrie


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie breathes heavy as she stomps after the alchemist at full speed.

Stride x3

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Seeing that he is attempting to escape, Guyzer tries to grab onto the villain!

Grapple Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


The Perennial Crown

The Sculptor is not only intelligent, but hardy. He slips from Guyzer’s gradp!


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak remembers he has 2 random bombs, so the throws them at the orc!

Random bomb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Random Bomb: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 5 = 18


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

Random 1: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Random 2: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Oxygenated air flows out of Marula as they huff and puff after the fleet despoiler.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

I think my post earlier must have been dropped. Cai Fen did stride x3.


The Perennial Crown

G'nak has a hard time targeting the sculptor behind his friends in the thin corridor — the first bombs heals some plants on the floor, and second burn thems away with acid.

Sorry, G'nak. I was hoping that would work.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
The Perennial Crown

As the alchemist turns to flee — laughing madly — a lithe shadow leaps from behind the broken cage — the leopard you saved earlier, here to extract justice! The flames on her pelt seem to ignite with righteous glory as she moves into the sunlight.

She pounces on her tormentor.

Claw!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 +1 fire and grab as action

The Sculptor screams as the fiery claw sink into the meat of his leg. He screams more as she digs those claws deeper, holding him in place.

Come out of delay, Stride, attack, Grab

Escape attempts:

Escape: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
1d20 - 5 + 9 ⇒ (1) - 5 + 9 = 5 crit fail!
1d20 - 10 + 9 ⇒ (17) - 10 + 9 = 16

The sculptor tries desperately to escape, but only manages to sink the claws further in. He turns back to the cave entrance, and for the first time, you see real fear in his eyes…

Sculptor in Flight: round 3

Fire Leopard
Sculptor -27 HP, Grabbed (immobile, flat), cannot escape next turn
Cai, has panache
G'nak
Marula, -8HP
Guyzer
Kyrie


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie grins as the leopard drops the alchemist to the ground. "I think you are a good kitty. I think you are a very good kitty." She takes advantage of the situation to circle around and fully block the way past before throwing two blows at him.

Attack with Shield Spikes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage (everstand): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Attack with Shield Spikes (multiple attack penalty): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage (everstand): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Stride, strike, strike


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula gives a cheer and sends a sharp twig flying at the alchemist's head.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

They move around the melee, patting their new friend as they go.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen has death in his eyes as he moves toward the helpless alchemist.

He brings his war flail down on him in a powerful arc...

Strike, confident finish: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 vs flat footed
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Confident finish: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Then spins it around again, attempting to land a second strike.

Strike 2: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 5 = 6 vs flat footed
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

No words said, none needed. Cannot redeem the unrepentant.

Blade Swing: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
More than a Papercut: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Electric Arc, Reflex VS 18: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


The Perennial Crown

Save: 1d20 ⇒ 1 :O

With the cat at the lynchpin, you crash down on the Sculptor down with brutal efficiency. He was right to run. Kyrie knocks some of his teeth out before G'nak sets him alight with a bomb; Marula causes a green twig seems to seemingly sprout from his jugular; Cai and Guyzer step in and eviscerate him. Adding the final insult, his burnt body falls to the ground, stiff as a plank from electrocution.

The corpse lies there smoldering; a mix of reagents, burnt hair, and ozone hangs in the air.

The panther relaxes back onto her haunches and begins grooming herself, purring as she licks warm blood from her left claw.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen pets the kitty. Such a good kitty.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula stands next to the panther, emitting the kind of sweet smells a cat might like.

Diplomacy (Wild Empathy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Would you like to join us? Me? You'd be a welcome part of our pride."

I'm talking to Doug about retraining my level 2 class feat, so I can take her as an animal companion.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Perennial Crown

The panther rolls over, asking for belly scratches! bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18

Before Cai falls for another animal's bluff and get attacked, Marula exudes a scent and she rolls onto her feet, crouching down and swishing her tail rapidly. She wants to play, or maybe use Marula for a scratching post… either way, she seems happy.


The Perennial Crown

Loot: crafter’s eyepiece, orc knuckle dagger, studded leather armor

Back in the Sculptor's abattoir, there is little of interest. Pinned to the back wall is an old set of delivery instructions, seemingly placed there to help assistants find their way back to a location labeled "SPITE'S CRADLE," some twenty miles west of Etran’s Folly at of the Five Kings Mountains.

You have completed part 2. It is time to report to Noala. When you rest, you will level up.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

"Hmm... Delivery instructions. Very interesting." G'nak takes the note to add to his case files. "Let's be sure to inquire about this Spite's Cradle back at Etran's Folly."


The Perennial Crown

You will spend 10 days downtime while Marula retrains.

Now that you have successfully destroyed the blight, Noala can also offer some retraining if you like:

Ranger Archetype:
Noala can assist any character that is looking into selecting the ranger multiclass archetype. Furthermore, if a character has the ranger archetype, Noala’s Wilderness Spotter feat counts as a ranger archetype feat for that character (if the character selects the feat multiple times, it is a ranger archetype feat only the first time).

Retraining:
Noala can serve as a teacher who can retrain ranger feats and skill feats as long as the new skill feat is linked to Nature or Survival. As long as the feat being trained is level 5 or lower, Noala reduces the training time to the minimum allowed.

Special Feats:
Noala can teach the characters a special ranger feat as well as a special skill feat that can be taken by anyone trained in Survival. Note that Noala’s training does not grant characters these feats, but merely unlocks them for later selection. This training takes about 2 days per feat but can take place at the same time as any retraining performed with Noala.

RELENTLESS STALKER [reaction]
FEAT 2
UNCOMMON
MOVE
RANGER
Trigger: An adjacent creature you are hunting attempts to move away from you using an action that has the move trait.

Your hunted prey cannot escape your relentless pursuit. Stride up to your Speed in tandem with the triggering creature, remaining adjacent to the foe throughout its movement until it stops moving or you run out of movement. You can ignore difficult terrain during this movement unless the difficult terrain is caused by a magical effect.

WILDERNESS SPOTTER
FEAT 2
UNCOMMON
GENERAL
SKILL
Prerequisite: Expert in Survival

Select one type of terrain from the following list: aquatic, arctic, desert, forest, mountain, plains, sky, swamp, or underground. You can use Survival in place of Perception to roll initiative when in the selected terrain in a natural location (not a structure) even if you weren’t tracking or otherwise using Survival before the encounter. You can also use Survival instead of Perception to notice traps in natural locations in the chosen terrain; if you find a snare in this way, you can also use Survival instead of Thievery to Disable the Device.

Special: You can select this feat more than once. Each time you select it, the feat applies to a new type of terrain.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Over the next several days, Marula continues to study the blight in the forest, trying to assess its nature. They also spend a good deal of time with the leopard, which they begin to call "Ina".

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen dreams of fire. Spreading, choking, consuming... He tries to run from it, but it nips his heels and sucks the air from around him until his legs weaken and give out and the flames surround him. Through the fire he sees a shadowy figure growing more and more distant - perhaps a friend, perhaps a foe. He tries to reach them but the flames bar his way. He awakens every night, gasping for breath, skin tingling with a sympathetic memory of his burns.

Taking fleet, which gives me 30 foot movement and 3rd level Swash gets me +10 with panache. Now I can run even farther ahead of the party!

Feeling drained by recent events, Cai Fen throws himself back into his training with gusto. He helps set up and clean during the dinner hours, carrying tables two at a time. During the day, he practices his martial forms and wrestles Farmer Eallom's cow to the ground.

Taking expert in athletics, which should not be a surprise.

He practices strikes and parries with a wooden dummy, honing his technique until he thinks he can punish foes who make rash or sloppy attacks.

I gain the following reaction:

Reaction: Opportune Riposte:

Trigger: An enemy misses Cai Fen by 10 or more, or rolls a natural 1 on an attack. Cai Fen must have performed confident finish on his last turn or must have panache (which he loses).

Result:
Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 (-1 if unarmed, -3 if unarmed and attempting lethal damage)
War flail damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 +2 with panache.
Punch damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 +2 with panache.

Other activities include

Stalking the panther...
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
... belly scratches must be given!

And performing in the inn during the evenings.
Perform, Virtuosic Storytelling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula gives an airy laugh as Cai stalks — and is stalked by — Ina.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Escape: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Playful bite and grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

They spend time helping the village repair worn-down structures, in the process atte]pting to teach local carpenters more sustainable building methods...

Craft Carpentry Expert: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

And awkwardly learn more about the speech patterns of mammalian humanoids...

"I... Am... Marula...
Marula is what I'm called.
I'm [gulp] Marula... Sapling of Miombo.


The Perennial Crown

Many farmers wonder if there's a way to grow somethign other then turnips to eat in their future sustainable homes.

Several days later you make preparations to depart for Spite's Cradle.

Edra Wythe has cured the horses of their flea infestation and Tamli gives you permission to ride them out to the Cradle you so choose Let me know if you want to take the horses. You can also just walk there overland if you so choose.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

We should take the horses. I am not wanting to lug my pack (and Marula's pack) all the way to Spite's Cradle.


The Perennial Crown

You travel for two days, making sure to time your arrival to Spite's cradle in the morning when you're well-rested.

You're in the foothills far west of Etran’s Folly. Here, nestled in the shadow of the Five Kings Mountains, there are countless small valleys and crevasses, but the directions lead to one particular valley: a place called “Spite’s Cradle.” You leave the horses tethered, with food, in a quiet glade just outside this valley.

Up ahead, a wooden palisade spans the valley; a gigantic double door set into its center. Beyond this wall, a guard tower is barely visible, although it’s difficult to tell whether it is occupied.

The cliffs to either side are 30 feet high and rather steep; the pallisade itself is 15 feet high with tops carved to points.

All is quiet. Map updated.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

"Winds blow the leaf high.
Spread seeds over mountain tops.
Be my gale, good Cai."

Marula offers themself up, having often shown their ability to float down from heights safely.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen looks Marula over.

Though I am strong like Ox (and twice as smart), I am thinking it would be hard to throw you all the way over the palisade. It has much tallness, and you have poor aerodynamic properties.

He ponders...

But if you link yourself to me by harness, I am thinking I may be able to climb the wall with you on my back. You may note that this plan has the advantage of me being able to support you if the wind should blow us into the middle of a pack of angry orcs. Together, we can hopefully open the main gate quickly.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Human Champion/3

While Cai is taking to mentally figure out logistics of either throwing Marula or carrying them up, Kyrie drops her pack and unhooks her sword, picks up Marula, and charges with a running throw.

As Marula sails over the posts, Kyrie goes back and picks up her sword and pack. "I was curious whether I was strong enough. It appears I am."

851 to 900 of 1,187 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.