GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master Doug Hahn


701 to 750 of 1,067 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The orc looks bemusedly at Kyrie; it's clear he doesn't understand a word the Champion says.

G'nak finds no formula books or items of interest on the orcs. They have javelins, buckets. shoddy armor, and knuckle daggers.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

You know, I am thinking Mr. Squeakers is pretty cute. I have regret over planning to use him to bomb that horse. Perhaps one of you more naturally minded individuals might be able to befriend it. It could accompany us and be our mascot!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak steps up to the orc and clears his throat. He hums a few bars of Left My Heart in Korvosa.

"My orcish might be a little rusty, but I think I can get our point across."

Orcish:
"Look pal, don't act so hard, I'm the good cop in all this. You know and I know that if you were really so tough you and your buddy'd be swinging great axes instead of playing pretend with chemical critters and blighting up the forest. We beat you fair and square, so tell us what we want to know or the bad cop, the walking shield over here, is going to bash you, and that poetic plant will throw another rock, with its mind or something."

"This really ain't the most poetic of languages."

He apologetically clarifies to those listening, and then dives back into his interrogation.

Orcish:
"So, what we wanna know is this: who are you, what are you doing out here, what is that crazy horse thing, and how do we remove this blight you've caused. Also, since I'm curious, what do you know about a half-elf named Vilree?"


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The orc gazes sullenly at G'nak, and shrugs.

Orcish:
Dem's a lotta questions, but bosses gonna kill ya anyways.

I stir da slop. I put da slop in da buckets. I move da buckets aroun.' I feed slop from da bucket to da animals, even though dey don't like it. I water da plants outside with slop from da bucket, an' sometimes the plants don't die.

That's what I was doin.' Shovelin' muck and sweepin' da floors an' feedin' da beasties an' movin' bbuckets of da slop.

When special dee-liveries come, I brings them to da bosses. I dunno what a blight is, an' I ain't seen no half-elves aroun' here. I'd kill 'em on sight!

Mr. Squeakers hisses at Cai and tries to claw his eyes out. He then greedily consumes what's left of his fellow rat buddy's corpse.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen watches Mr. Squeakers do his thing.

Awww. Who's a good little alchemical monstrosity? You!

I'll assume G'nak can translate the Orc's words for the party and the party's request so we can all ask some questions.

Who are your bosses exactly? And more importantly, where can we find them? We would like to have a chat with them as well.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

I can put this outside a spoiler assuming there's a translation

Bosses inside. Dey da bosses. Da Sculptor, and Abghat and Abghut. They let me out after killing you.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Mr. Squeakers finishes his grim meal, defecates on the ground, eats that, and then stands up on his hind legs. He wags his hairless tail and looks up pleadingly at Cai.

Spoiler:

bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 20

The little guy needs a pet!

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Aww, who wants a pet?

I will pet Mr. Squeakers.

Relevant save, if needed.: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Mr. Squeakers squeaks happily, and then explodes!

Cai dodges every shard of ice, leaving not even a tiny scrape by which to remember his new friend, whose now gone forever.

The orc chuckles. We taught 'em dat. What a good boy.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen sheds a single tear.

Farewell, Mr. Squeakers. Though your time with us in this world was brief, it was filled with great joy.

But know this, you are not gone forever, for you shall be immortalized in my book, "The Adventures of Great Detective Smokehouse H'loms, his incompetent assistant Doctor Wat Sun, and their adorable sidekick, Mr. Squeakers." Which I will recount. To all who will listen. At Every. Possible. Opportunity.

And he looks at the sky with a menacing glare, almost as if challenging the gods themselves to nay-say that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

"Let us remember
The rat who exploded here.
I shall til morning."

Marula brushes frozen rodent pieces out of their foliage, agnostic about the fate of rodents.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:

Cai, Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
G'nak, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Guyzer, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Kyrie, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

There looks to be a small cave to one side, and you move into the smaller cave first. I have updated the map so you have a visual representation of where you are now.

Inside, there's a cloud of smoke hovering around the ceiling. Curled up in the back of the cave is a cat that looks to be on fire. She glares at you, letting out a weak snarl that fades into a plaintive yowl.

Marula and G'nak can see that this strange creature is in great pain, is thirsty, and that she has been beaten.

Artwork on the slide


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Tila flutters in Marula's foliage as the leshy moves carefully towards the cat.

"Fires are meant to cleanse.
Ice preserves and stone holds strong.
Who has done these things?

"Be calm, poor beauty.
We'll see you free of embers.
Tormenters be damned."

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie finds a waterskin amongst the group's supplies and kneels down. She takes a small drink to show that the water is good, then offers it to the cat.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Electro-snakes, Blood Bushes, Squeak-sploders, and now a Pyro Panther... It gives me great sadness that all this creativity is being put to such a vile use.

Cai Fen puts his war mace away and leaves the cave, not wishing to provoke the animal further.

Still pained from the loss of his companion, he sulks nearby.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The cadence of Marula's words seem to soothe the panther. She watches you all carefully but doesn't seem skittish anymore.

Kyrie pours the water into a declivity in the cave floor; the panther bounds to the fresh water, but her flames boil it away.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak tries to think of any alchemical reason why the cat may be on fire, and how he might be able to put the fire out.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

It is unseasonably hot here. Cai Fen mutters to himself, sweating a little in the early afternoon sun. I could use a cool drought of water myself, or perhaps some ice to roll around in my mouth.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula wonders out loud,

"Would water sooth it?
Or do it serious harm?
Poor creature can't drink.

"Eagle that plummets,
Golarion weeps at this.
Creativity?"

It might not have seemed possible for the leshy to transmit stinky eye, but they do. Tila rustles irritably in Cai's direction.

Nature in case that shows if these fires can be safely doused: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

G'nak and Marula figure that if the creature can hydrate, she'll be much better off — while the flames are alchemically infused with her very being, drinking water will suffuse them for a time so that she can satiate her thirst. Perhaps if there was a way to turn the water to ice first…

The leopard is also hurt and would let you make a medicine check.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula calls upon the land to heal the poor leopard, healing its injuries.

Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Dirt cools burning wood.
Hippos wallow in damp mud.
Or if you have ice?"


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Her bruises heal! The cat gives Marula a fluttering blink that denotes affection, but she still pants with thirst.


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie wracks her brain, trying to think of any stories or fairy tales she's heard about similar situations and what to do in them. There's certainly something darkly poetic about a creature burning so hot it is dying of thirst.

Lore (literature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Banking a Nature check in advance of Doug's follow-up.

Marula partners with Kyrie to arrive at a cooling strategy, coaxing the thirsty leopard to follow along.

Nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Kyrie remembers an old fairy tale

The Rat, The Bird, and the Sausage:
Rat, Bird, and Sausage live happily together. Bird does the gardening, picking worms out of the soil. Rat drags the water-pail home from the well. Sausage rolls around in the pan, cooking dinner.

One day, Bird has a chat with the forest creatures. They make fun of him, saying that he's doing all the hardest work, like a fool. So the next day, Bird suggests everyone switches roles. Rat and Sausage don’t like this idea, but Bird insists so they give in.

The Sausage leaves to garden early in the morning, but Dog comes to sniff around the garden, and Sausage tries to hide beneath the rosemary bush but Dog digs him out and gobbles him up.

Rat starts to cook. He imitates Sausage, rolling himself in the pan to mix and season the food. However, the Rat cannot stand the heat and lights his tail on fire. The Bird comes home with the pail of water but panics when he sees Rat on fire, and spills it. Bird flies about, throwing things around the house, and soon the whole place burning down. Bird flies to the well and tries to get more water, but isn't strong enough the carry the bucket so many times in one day. He falls in, exhausted, and drowns.

Rat runs out to the garden and sees the hole that Dog dug. He leaps inside and burrows deep, snuffing out the fire. And this is why rats like to burrow in the garden under the rosemary bush, and how they came to lost the hair on their tails.

----

Marula and Kyrie help the panther use dirt to smother the fire. She drinks deep and gratefully. She purrs and rubs her chin against each of you, marking you as friends, before creeping towards the cave entrance and peeking outside. She might be wondering whether it's safe to leave or if her erstwhile tormenters still lurk about.

She then looks to you, as if wondering what to do and if she's truly safe now.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula...

...takes out a marshmallow, puts it on their twig fingers, and starts toasting against the leopard's heat.

... motions to their new friend to wait for them at the cave's entrance.

"The blight's still there.
We'll lead you to cleaner soil,
Once we've stopped the cause."

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

That's nice. I'm glad this one stayed in one piece.

Cai Fen attempts to pet the kitty.

Relevant save: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The cat rolls over onto her back and purrs at Cai!

She patiently watches you from the shadowy cave entrance as you move on. She will stay there.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

You enter the cave on the opposite side of the yard; this is a much deeper part of the complex.

The bright light from outside is replaced by flickering torchlight in a narrow passageway cut deeply into the hillside.

Suddenly, the passage opens into a broad natural cavern containing a series of large tables on the far side of the room. A series of alchemical experiments, most bubbling and frothing as they cook, are arranged atop the work spaces.

Two orcs howl when you enter — grabbing vials off the workbenches!

Spoiler:

Cai, Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
G'nak, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Guyzer, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Kyrie, Perception (Defend): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Assistant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Lab Round 1: Bold may Act!

The tables are full of alchemical items. A character adjacent to a table can use an Interact action to grab a random item, or the Seek action along with a Crafting check to try and ID the items. Alchemists can merely glance at the table as a free action to roughly ID the items, allowing them to choose what to grab from two random results.

A character can Shove over a table or cauldron, requiring an Athletics check. This may cause explosions or the release of harmful gasses.

Cai has panache
Assistant
Kyrie Shield raised
Assistant
G'nak
Marula
Guyzer

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen charges forward, grabbing the side of the boiling vat and attempting to upend it onto the hapless orc.

Athletics, panache: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24

This is for Mr. Squeakers!

Release (free), stride, stride, althletics.
If this is not a valid action, Cai Fen moves up to the bottom orc and strikes with his war mace instead.
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Confident Finish: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:
1d20 ⇒ 17
reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Cai knocks over the cauldron — sticky ichor flows out — much like a tanglefoot bag — but the orc deftly avoids the worst of it. made Basic Save: -10 speed for this round

Spoiler:

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

The alchemist pulls his lab table closer then kicks it over against Cai, spilling dozes of concoctions directly on the gymnast!

Need a reflex save from Cai!

Lab Round 1: Bold may Act!

The tables are full of alchemical items. A character adjacent to a table can use an Interact action to grab a random item, or the Seek action along with a Crafting check to try and ID the items. Alchemists can merely glance at the table as a free action to roughly ID the items, allowing them to choose what to grab from two random results.

A character can Shove over a table or cauldron, requiring an Athletics check. This may cause explosions or the release of harmful gasses.

Cai ReflexSave needed, has panache
Assistant 1
Kyrie Shield raised
Assistant 2
G'nak
Marula
Guyzer

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Ha ha! You need to be faster than that, friend.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai avoids all the goop.


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie enters her battle stance and advances, shield raised.

Enter stance, raise shield, stride


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The other alchemist moves in and throws two alchemical concoctions at Cai.

attacks:
Lightning: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Fire 2: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 5 = 19
Lightning: 1d6 ⇒ 1 flat footed
Fire: 1d8 ⇒ 3 1 persistent

Both hit — but neither do that much damage. However, the oily fire continues to burn his skin and the lightning has wracked his nerves.

Lab Round 1-2: Bold may Act!

The tables are full of alchemical items. A character adjacent to a table can use an Interact action to grab a random item, or the Seek action along with a Crafting check to try and ID the items. Alchemists can merely glance at the table as a free action to roughly ID the items, allowing them to choose what to grab from two random results.

A character can Shove over a table or cauldron, requiring an Athletics check. This may cause explosions or the release of harmful gasses.

Cai -4 HP, has panache, 1 persistent burn (flat check at end of turn), flat footed
Assistant 1
Kyrie Stance, Shield raised
Assistant 2
G'nak
Marula
Guyzer


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

"a storm has arrived
a hurricane wipes away
the earth breaths a sigh"

Marula moves into the room, raising their shield.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

As Cai Fen is jubilantly dancing away from the mixtures the first alchemist is sending his way, two concoctions smack him in the back of the head. He turns to glare at the other alchemist.

He saunters over and chokes up on his war flail.

Let us have a talk about responsible use of alchemical reagents.

Strike, Confident finish: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Confident Finish: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 Three on a "graze."

Good talk.

Argh! Hot!: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Urgh! Tingly!: 1d20 ⇒ 16


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak double moves up to the table and grabs an item!

Orcish:
"Now this is what I call an alchemist's lair!"

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer rushes forward and then shoots for a stone disc at the alchemist next to Cai.

Elemental Toss VS AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Smash: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

No one can seem to connect to the alchemists.

G'nak can choose either:
1d20 ⇒ 131d20 ⇒ 3
An unfinished concoction of inert materials, or a lesser bottled lightining!

The first alchemist runs up and lobs another lightning and then fire bomb at Cai!

Attacks:
Lightning: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Fire: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 5 = 19
Fire damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

The bottled lightning misses; the fire hits once again. Cai burns more, taking another 5 points of damage in addition to the persistent burn!

Lab Round 2: Bold may Act!

The tables are full of alchemical items. A character adjacent to a table can use an Interact action to grab a random item, or the Seek action along with a Crafting check to try and ID the items. Alchemists can merely glance at the table as a free action to roughly ID the items, allowing them to choose what to grab from two random results.

A character can Shove over a table or cauldron, requiring an Athletics check. This may cause explosions or the release of harmful gasses.

Cai -10 HP, no panache, 1 persistent burn (flat check at end of turn)
Assistant 1
Kyrie Stance, Shield raised
Assistant 2 -3 HP
G'nak
Marula
Guyzer


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak chooses the bottled lightning!


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie moves directly up into the face of the nearest enemy alchemist and smacks at him with her shield, then raising it to deflect the upcoming counterattack.

Attack with Shield Boss: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage (everstand): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Kyrie knocks a tooth out of the alchemist's mouth.

Attacks:
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Alch Fire: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 5 = 6
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 20

The second assistant mutters something in a guttural language as he moves to the table and proceeds to shoves its contents onto Cai! The then tries to chuck a bomb at the gymnast but misses.

Lab Round 2-3: Bold may Act!

The tables are full of alchemical items. A character adjacent to a table can use an Interact action to grab a random item or the Seek action along with a Crafting check to try and ID the items. Alchemists can merely glance at the table as a free action to roughly ID the items, allowing them to choose what to grab from two random results.

A character can Shove over a table or cauldron, requiring an Athletics check. This may cause explosions or the release of harmful gasses.

Cai Reflex save needed, -10 HP, no panache, 1 persistent burn (flat check at end of turn)
Assistant 1 -10 HP
Kyrie Stance, Shield raised
Assistant 2 -3 HP
G'nak
Marula
Guyzer

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

And left, cha cha cha. And right, cha cha cha.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen grins. Alright. If that's how you want to play it.

Looking over, he sees his friends readying ranged attacks, and decides not to trip the Orc. Instead, he continues his little dance, doing a pirouette around the alchemist, returning to his original position, and taking a bow.

Pass through, acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
vs. reflex DC, gain panache on success, target is flat footed to me

Rising from his bow, he whirls his war flail and it strikes down once...

Strike!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 vs. flat footed
Damage, panache: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Twice...

Strike! Confident finish!: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 5 = 23 vs. flat footed
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Confident Finish: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Hmm. Something smells like it has burning. Oh. It's me.
Ouch, fire!: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai takes another point of burn before putting the fire out; he drops the enemy on the second hit.

Lab Round 2-3: Bold may Act!

Cai -11 HP, no panache
Assistant 1 -10 HP
Kyrie Stance, Shield raised
G'nak
Marula
Guyzer


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

"Submit and atone.
Let this crucible cleanse you
Blight turned to rich soil."

A gout of flame jets from Marula to lick the remaining orc.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Fire + 1 ongoing on crit: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer moves up to surround the alchemist. His sword flashes once and then he raise his buckler in defense.

Sword Slash VS AC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Slashing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak moves up and tosses the bottled lightening at the orc.

Bottled lightening: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 +1 splash, + 1 persistent fire


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Marula's cleansing fire burns the alchemist just before G'nak's newly-acquired bottled lightning hits the last enemy right between the eyes, taking him down! crit!

Out of combat! You'll spend 10 min healing.

701 to 750 of 1,067 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.