GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master Doug Hahn


351 to 400 of 985 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Eallom staggers backward as if slapped at the mention of murder. He regains some composure while G'nak speaks. What? Speck-tate! Them's prize turnip winnins in there's! I knows it!

He walks away. I won' be forgettin' this… His friends soon get up to leave as well.

Unfortunately, G'nak is pestered by similar claims throughout his time at the inn — including but not limited to a valuable heirloom of vague description, magic seeds, long-lost pets, prize rams, fluffy ewes, and six barrels of fine brandy. He finds himself unable to enjoy his meal in peace; Etran’s Folly suddenly seems to have an inordinate population of Harrys and Helens…


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

You head out to Hallod's home (known as "Dead Willow" to the locals) just as the sun finishes setting.

Located on the north side of town, the structure is easy to find: a huge, dead willow stands in front of a house that appears to be in serious disrepair. The house might have had a second story at one time, but that long ago collapsed into ruin, taking parts of the first floor with it. The windows are all boarded over, and the front door hangs open about a foot, kept from swinging wider by a frayed rope. It's dark inside, but those with darkvision can barely make out empty floorboards beyond the barely-open door.

Map updated. You are now in Exploration Mode. You may make your own checks based on what you're doing, and if there are any particular things of interest you want to inspect as you go. For example, "Guyzer inspects the dead willow tree for squirrel droppings Survival (T): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18"


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula keeps eyes and ears out for cruel Hallod or other dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Search mode

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen creeps closer, ducking low and using the shrubbery as cover. He intends to circle the perimeter, making sure there are no unpleasant surprises waiting.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

Able to see somewhat inside, G’nak scouts ahead toward the open front door.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:
3d20 ⇒ (16, 17, 15) = 48

As you approach, Marula notices a strange shape just inside the door: an old heavy crossbow lies hidden in the shadows; it’s loaded with a wooden spear, and connected to the rope holding the door. thievery to disable.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Caravans sometimes use similar perimeter traps in areas known to be dangerous. Cai Fen attempts to carefully remove the string.

Thievery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Too low for comfort. Hero point.

Thievery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer warily follows along trying to be unnoticeable.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:
3d20 ⇒ (12, 5, 20) = 37

Cai successfully disarms the trap! Guyzer sneaks about.

Slowly opening the door, you see that beyond the entryway the building is filled with debris — parts of the collapsed ceiling, tree branches, and the like. There’s a crawl-way going deeper into the debris pile, but you’ll have to move through in single file.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

I think he is being ready for us. Cai Fen mutters quietly. Maybe we should make our own entrance through the back. He will unsling his war mace from his pack.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula shrugs, not given overly much to suspicion.

"Perhaps. The gray wolf
Snaps at any passerby
Who threatens its lair.

"The hunter lays traps.
The net does not care who comes.
It snares hare or bear.

"But we are not bears.
And is he a man or wolf?
Let’s call out and see."


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:
3d20 ⇒ (2, 2, 10) = 14

So, it looks like Marula wants to call out for Hallod, whereas Cai wants to go around back and see if the windows there are boarded up, and possibly break in.

Cai fen loops around the house and inspects the two back windows, which are also tightly boarded up with heavy wood. Athletics to Force Open.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
F Human Champion/3

Earlier

Kyrie wishes she could hug the ghostly Talmore at the end. She thinks of the irony of ghosts needing affection touch most of all and being unable to have it. ”I am sorry this happened to you. I hope you find your way to a good rest in the afterlife. You remembered your heart, even when others did not. That is Her first command and the basis of all the others. I am certain she will forgive your justified anger.” She salutes as he dissipates.

Kyrie is disappointed in Krent more than anything. He had fallen hard and clearly would not cease feeling guilt for a long time, if ever. She tells him of what happened in the simplest terms and without harsh judgment. She leaves him with a last bit of advice. ”I think you still have a chance to remember your heart. I think even if you cannot find it in Her, the Inheritor, you mind the guidance you need in another patron.”

Now

Kyrie keeps her shield up and at the ready. Defend exploration action

She nods in agreement as she gathers Marula’s point. ”I believe Marula has said it better than I could.”


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

That's two votes for calling out.

Marula calls out for Hallod. A breeze rattles the dead willow branches like old bones; nothing else.

If he's here, Hallod isn't coming out. It currently seems like you have two ways forward: through the debris-tunnel in the house or smashing out a boarded-up window.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen suggests that some of the party go in the front while he and one other person try the back.

When General Lao Dzu confronted the army led by Han Guifong, the latter was in an entrenched and fortified position…

He attempts to explain the concept of a hammer and anvil-style pincer attack.

Warfare Lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

…and that’s why you always back your cavalry charge with ballista fire. Or wait, maybe that was that other battle.

He proposes that either Guyzer or G’nak come with and encourages the others move when they hear the sound of boards breaking.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

keep trying

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

will get it eventually

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

CRASH!


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai Fen’s first attempt to dash himself against the window leads to unexpected results. Instead of meeting the resistance of tough wood, the board flies open on well-oiled hinges. Too late, he realizes that he has flung himself through a secret door he failed to spot. He crashes loudly on his head as the door bounces against the wall and then shut again with two resounding bangs.

He stands up, and when the stars clear he sees that he’s in a small chamber that appears to have once been a closet. There is an old, rusty-hinged hatch built into the floor.

To his right is a pile of debris, with a small tunnel entering it. likely the other end of the tunnel you saw at the other end of the debris pile.

Spoiler:
5d20 ⇒ (9, 18, 4, 18, 10) = 59

The party is now split three ways (Cai alone inside, people out back, and people out front), but I’m on mobile and can’t update the map till later. Feel free to proceed for now. though.


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie trods inside, keeping her shield up and her eyes alert and wary for any threats.

Moved on map

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer thought Cai's plan made sense and also thought those coming from the back would be the silent group.

He maintains his stealth so no one sees his flabbergasted face as Cai crashes through the secret door.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

Curious, G'nak enters the secret door behind Cai, and looks for any signs of Hallod.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"I had no idea humans lived in such filth."

Dark Archive

Botting Kyrie based on Slack post!

Kyrie, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Kyrie begins crawling through, but luckily notices the pressure plate that would collapse the tunnel and bury her in debris. It would be best to disable this trap before proceeding, or simply go through the secret door.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen looks at the tunnel and shakes his head.

Shizuru herself couldn't make me crawl in there. He whispers to Kyrie. Maybe we should all go around the back.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

You all move into the back room. Cai opens the trap door — the rusty hinges squeal loudly as it falls open — whoever is down there certainly knows you're coming at this point.

A ladder descends into darkness. You will have to go single file.

light spell on a dropped object, darkvision:
The ladder descends 30 feet to a bare stone floor. You can only see the floor at the very bottom of the ladder.

Assuming you will proceed in standard 5' corridor marching order?

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Ok with marching order.

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

All good with marching order going into tunnel


F Human Champion/3

Also good!


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

You move down the ladder in single file. Kyrie goes first, and finds a short hallway that ends with an old wooden door. She hears the sound of chains moving on the other side, so she flings it open!

Revealed is a room lit by a single, flickering torch. Through the gloom she see piles of small crates and more than a few barrels stacked up haphazardly to the right. Opposite is a stout wooden door with iron bands. To the left is an iron gate set into the middle of the wall — it's rising (this must be the sound she heard). There are four ferocious dogs waiting impatiently on the other side. The stench of smoke and damp dog hangs heavy in the air.

Just as the gate finishes ascending, Kyrie realizes there is a pool of oil at her feet; someone has prepared this room for your arrival. marked on map.

Spoiler:

Cai, Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
G'nak, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Guyzer, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Kyrie, Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Woof 1-2, Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Woof 3-4, Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Time to make even more noise: round 1

These are dogs. Knowledge nature as an action to know more.

If you move into or through a square of grease, you need to make an Acrobatics check or Reflex save. If you Step you do not need to make the save.

DC 13 Acrobatics/ reflex failure — don't metagame!:
You fall prone.

Marula At foot of ladder
Cai No panache
Kyrie
Woof 1-2
Woof 3-4
Guyzer 5' up ladder (10' of movement to descend)
G'nak 10' up ladder (20' of movement to descend)

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen strides across the greasy floor.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

He attempts to trip the Woof!

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
If this is a crit fail, he falls prone and spends his action getting up instead.

Then strikes with his war mace.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 5 = 6
Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula's roots find purchase in the stonework as they move into the room.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Startled by the sight of the dogs, they lash out with electricity.

DC 17 Reflex: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Front 2 dogs


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai moves with such grace, that his confidence is restored! He gains a panache. He barely manages not to trip himself before swinging clumsily at the dog.

Reflex, 1: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Reflex, 2: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Woof.

The dogs each move out of the way, but the crowded pen prevents them from avoiding the arc altogether.

Time to make even more noise: round 1

If you move through a square of grease, you need to make an Acrobatics check or Reflex save. If you Step you do not need to make the save.

DC 13 Acrobatics/ reflex failure — don't metagame!:
You fall prone.

Marula At foot of ladder
Cai Has panache
Kyrie
Woof 1-2 1: -2 HP; 2: -2 HP
Woof 3-4
Guyzer 5' up ladder (10' of movement to descend)
G'nak 10' up ladder (20' of movement to descend)


F Human Champion/3

As much as Kyrie wants to charge after Cai, she is all-too-painfully aware of how much her armor constrains her and just how little training she has in balancing on slippery surfaces. She takes a cautious step onto the grease, entering Everstand Stance and raising her shield.

Step, raise shield, enter stance


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The dogs are so excited from being released that they lose an action!

The first dog runs around Cai, so it can flank with the pack.

reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 11

It then attacks, but cannot hit!

bite, Strike 1 vs flat-footed: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Dog 2, now with a flank, bites at Cai twice but cannot connect.

bite, Strike 1 vs flat-footed: 1d20 ⇒ 3

bite, Strike 2 vs flat-footed: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (11) - 5 = 6

Dog 3 moves through the grease and bites Cai successfully. Bolstered by the two allies harrying Cai, the dof does extra damage!

dog 3, reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 6
bite, Strike 1: 1d20 ⇒ 16
piercing: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
pack attack: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Dog 4 guarded steps in and attacks Cai as well.

Dog 4 bite, Strike 1: 1d20 ⇒ 19

piercing: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
pack attack: 1d4 ⇒ 4

that went a lot better for Cai than it could have.

Time to make even more noise: round 1-2

If you move through a square of grease, you need to make an Acrobatics check or Reflex save. If you Step you do not need to make the save.

DC 13 Acrobatics/ reflex failure — don't metagame!:
You fall prone.

Marula At foot of ladder
Cai -11 HP, Has panache
Kyrie Shield raised, Stance
Woof 1-2 1: -2 HP; 2: -2 HP
Woof 3-4
Guyzer 5' up ladder (10' of movement to descend)
G'nak 10' up ladder (20' of movement to descend)


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Sparks fly again from the sapling, but there is no protest to be seen.

Electric arc v. Closest dogs: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

With that, Marula raises their shield.

These dogs wouldn’t dare.
Water not my thirsty roots!
Go fetch other sticks!


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie gets a retributive strike vs 3, so Cai takes two less damage and she gets to attack, as it’s adjacent

Retributive Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage (everstand stance): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Kyrie takes another careful step into a flank with Cai. ”I would like you to take care, Cai.” She then smacks at the dog again, stopping her movement so her shield is held up and at the ready.

Attack with Shield bs Dog 3 (flank): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage (everstand stance): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Reaction, step, attack, raise shield

Retributive Strike (if needed):

Retributive Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage (everstand stance): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer hearing his friends in trouble heads down the ladder and into the doorway. From there he mutters ancient words and sparks of a slightly different color than Marula's fly about.

Electric Arc vs Dogs 1 & 3: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Reflex vs DC 17


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak climbs down the ladder, moves into the room, and slips on the floor!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Who greased this floor!"

He lobs a bomb at dog #1 concentrated splash

Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 +1 splash, + 1 persistent fire

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

As the room fills with chaos and baying of hounds, Cai Fen takes a quiet moment to contemplate which nature spirit he angered so thoroughly to make wildlife hate him so much.

To Kyrie: Have no worries, I will definitely be taking care of it!

He twirls his war mace above his head with wild abandon and attempts to land a Whirlwind Strike on the beast in front of him.

Attack, Confident Finish, Strike 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Weapon Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Confident Finish: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

He then attempts to backflip over the beast behind him, landing next to Marula.

Pass Through, Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
vs Reflex DC, gain panache on success

His war mace follows him in an arc, twirls once more, and snaps toward the dog in his patented Plummeting Eagle Strike!
Attack, Confident Finish, Strike 2: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 5 = 5 vs flat footed
Weapon Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Confident Finish: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

A lot has happened this round and I don't know which targets are still up necessarily, but he will attempt to do some variant of this strategy. Giving you an acrobatics check if that somehow moves me into the grease area.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Going to just call the fight there; I don't want to spend the weekend fighting a couple of dogs which is all that would be left standing after that round.

You knock out the dogs. There's an unopened door in this room and rubbish on one side of the room, along with barrels and crates. The door leading further in is locked.

Let me know if you're healing/refocusing and how you plan on proceeding. Cai is down 9.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen helps G'nak up. The crossbow, the tunnel, and now this. I am thinking we are expected.

He examines his wounds. A few bites and gashes, but who knows where these dogs have been. Definitely best to clean them out.

Never bad to get some more practice with this... he mutters as he pulls his medical kit from his pack.

Medicine, Treat Wounds: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Healing?: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 4) = 12

Let me know if you would like me to take a look at the door. He says as he applies some bandages. But Smokeworker G'nak looks like he can handle a lock or ten.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai heals up. The door, as he presciently noted, is locked.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen is the only one with lockpicks apparently so unless someone just wants to bash it down or G'nak wants to borrow them and take a stab at it, here's his attempt.

Lock picking:

Pickety pickety click: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
This lock has great difficulty: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
I am getting this eventually: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Look, I don't get a lot of practice with this: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
It is not like I am picking locks on a regular basis: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai somehow opens the door, revealing a short hallway with a metal wheel on the wall.

Turning the wheel:
The gate that held the dogs in their pen begins to lower.

Ahead is a larger chamber that seems to be divided into three areas: a larder, a lavatory, and a living space.

The larder is a simple storeroom filled with scraps of old meat, a third of a wheel of cheese, a sack of turnips, and a barrel of weak ale. There is also a crate of empty wine bottles in one corner.

The lavatory sits just off the main living space, and it is little more than an open pit.

The living area is a mess, with a cot in one corner and a crude firepit in the other. A simple chimney leads up from this room before connecting to another in the house above.

If you'd like to search this room now, let me know what area you are focusing on.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak with darkvision looks down the tunnel further in.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie will stop to check out the larder, at least partly out of curiosity that there might be something to eat in town aside from turnips.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:
3d20 ⇒ (1, 20, 10) = 31

G’nak peers down the hallway; it’s made of rough stone and turns to the left after 25 feet. He can see no further; it seems empty.

Kyrie finds scraps of near-rotten old meat, a third of a wheel of moldy cheese, a sack of fresh turnips, and a barrel of weak ale. There is also a crate of empty wine bottles in one corner — once, they were of a good Chelish vintage.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

When general Sun Shu was being harried by the forces of the Lotus Confederacy, he hid his forces in the swamp and maneuver behind them, allowing him to march to their forward outpost and take it virtually unopposed. Likely Hallod intends to employ a similar strategy.

Cai Fen dramatically flings open the curtain to the latrine and shouts GOT YOU!

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai imagines there’s a curtain in front of the latrine, but in truth whoever lives here is alone and has no need for propriety. He finds nothing but a hole that seems to be full of refuse and worse.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G’nak checks out the fire pit to see if there are any hastily burned clues or if it’s even been used recently.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

G'nak finds old turnip rinds in the fireplace. There's a loose brick in the back of the hearth, and inside he finds a hollowed-out chamber that contains a lockbox that’s locked.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula examines the wine bottles.

What grapevine made you?
Was their finest fruit divine?
Or cursed like this place?


F Human Champion/3

"I am tired of turnips." Kyrie sighs and continues onwards to the front of the group.

351 to 400 of 985 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.