GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master Doug Hahn


1,001 to 1,049 of 1,049 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

"They've killed dogs cuter than you," G'nak says to the flying creature as he walks over to inspect the pot.

"What's this concoction brewing over here?"

G'nak dips in a finger and takes a taste, trying to figure out what this creature could be making.

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

G'nak:
It's the best beef soup you've ever had — especially after weeks of nothing but turnips!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak scoops up a large mouthful with the ladle.

"Mmm, can't quite figure it out," he says, looking for a bowl.

"You all should tie that homonculus up while I finish this off, I mean, continue this dangerous taste test."

He licks his lips and spoons up more.

"So dangerous..."


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula smirks at G'nak's lies.

"Gray wolf eats gazelle
While Elm waits for both to pass.
They'll make tasty soil."

They pick up the paring knife and offers it to Kyrie.

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen crosses his arms and eyes the homuunculus.

Oh sure. They pretend to act cute. They roll over and ask for pets and belly scratches. Next thing you know - BOOM!

He narrows his eyes at the creature.

I'm on to you.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The homunculus makes a "pooh-" noise at Marula, and a "grrrrrr" noise at Cai. It seems to want to cook more, but if you give it a wooden spoon it seems happy.

You can name your new homunculus chef friend if you want. At any rate, the choices you have are so: go up the stairs in the tower, or back where you came from, deeper into the canyon wall itself as designated by the large "A."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Human Champion/3

Kyrie takes the knife and tucks it in her belt, then pats the homunculus on the head. "I would like to call you 'Fou,' if that is okay." She hands it a spoon. "Please feel free to cook more. I do not want you to get caught up in fighting."


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The homonculous clutches the wooden spoon wipes away its tears before flying back to the pot and happily stirring the delicious beef soup.

Up this tower, or back the way you came to area "A"?


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The stairs ascend to a small hall. The curved wall of the fortress here is covered in paintings of an elven woman of unnatural beauty. She has raven hair, fully green eyes, and a mischievous smile dancing across her lips.

Spoiler:
[dice=Kyrie, Perception (Defend: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

There are doors ahead. Cai is doing Athletics while G'nak and Guyzer stealth in the shadows. Only Marula and Kyrie had a chance to see the trap, and they fail at it.

Luckily, Marula stops her before she sets off a trap. They notice that the ceiling above them — above the whole room — are compartments. If Kyrie set off the trap the whole room would have been doused in something, no doubt, horrible.

The door is also locked. You do not have the key. You will need to make some disable device checks to first disarm the trap then unlock the door — as it's locked and you do not have the key.


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak puts a finger to his lips and then whispers:

"Let me try to take care of this trap first."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

He then attempts to unlock the door.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

G'nak disables the trap then unlocks the door. He needs to try a few times but gets it (you need 3 checks to succeed… not gonna make you sit here and roll dice).

The doors open to reveal a bedchamber with a large bed opposite the door, flanked by a desk and a dresser. The heady scent of lilac hangs heavy in the air, emanating from a cone of incense that is still smoking faintly.

You find letters from Hallod here that confirm the delivery of various shipments of alchemical reagents. Another piece of parchment contains a timeline of dates and notes; near the bottom, it shows the date that Bort’s caravan arrived in town with the note “Tied up loose end: merchant.”

There are two entries beneath that line: one is dated yesterday, and reads, “The last reaction is in place.” The final entry does not have a date listed—but it merely reads, “Mother avenged.”

There are also four moderate alchemist’s fire in here, two lesser tanglefoot bags, and an item G'nak has never seen before… it looks like a mutagen of some sort, but it contains glowing, coal-like embers…

You can make a craft check to ID it!


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak holds the mutagen up to study it.

Craft:Alchemy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"Intriguing. I wonder if it's worth a taste?"

He'll also happily take the other alchemical weapons.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

G'nak thinks this is a Moderate Fire Mutagen!

An elemental mutagen will attune to your choice of one of four energy types. When consumed, the mutagen suffuses your body with energy that spills out of you whenever you attack. At higher levels, it can even grant you the ability to unleash the energy in controlled bursts.

Benefit You gain resistance 10, add 1d4 damage on a hit with a melee weapon, and the duration is 10 minutes.

Drawback: You gain resistance 5 to all other energy types.

It lasts 10 minutes.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:
5d20 ⇒ (17, 19, 20, 19, 1) = 76

You make your way back down to the study and enter the doors you bypassed before; there is nothing more here.

You find yourselves inside a long chamber; at the end is a marble statue of an elven woman holding a flask. She is dressed in a flowing gown, and liquid tears streak down her cheeks into a small pool surrounding the statue’s base. Other than the faint burbling of water, this chamber is peaceful and still.

There is a door straight ahead, and a door to your right.

There is something gleaming at the bottom of the pool… 


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

"On second thought, I think you could put this Moderate Fire Mutagen to better use than I could, Cai."

G'nak offers the vial to the swashbuckler.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen takes the proffered vial.

I have great curiosity about who keeps dedicating and building statues, murals, and paintings to this woman.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

"Madness seeks itself
In every cloud and landscape.
The hen sees herself."

Marula strokes Ina's head.

"You'll taste your prey soon.
Tigress had no predator.
Now she has Ina."


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

None of you take the shiny thing from the bottom of the pool and get attacked by the water elementals that were hiding inside.

You move on to the door to the right — it's a storage closet that has some gold worth of mundane supplies.

In the room ahead you find a long chamber packed full of alchemical gear and experiments. Cauldrons stand next to tables where even now volatile mixtures are brewing and bubbling. A large furnace is opposite the door, just behind a long pool of water with a statue of a woman standing at its head. This woman looks like the crying statue in the previous room, but she's younger (perhaps her daughter), and she sheds no tears — instead, she grins malevolently and seems to be overseeing the work here.

To the right, a passageway reveals a set of descending spiral stairs.

There are a few creatures in here mixing reagents — mindless drones creating some kind of alchemical agent. They look like strange bats, but have dexterous claws and bloated bellies. They turn and attack!

Spoiler:

Cai, Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
G'nak, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Guyzer, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Kyrie, Perception (Defend: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Drudge1-2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Drudge3-4: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Lab Fight: Round 1

Cai, has panache
Kyrie, shield raised
G'nak
Guyzer
Marula

Drudge 1-2
Drudge 3-4


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie circles around to the far side of the table, hoping to block off both routes past them.

Enter stance, raise shield, stride


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula signals Ina to attack the closet drudge. She happily does so, leaping up on the nearest bench and snapping at the creature's big ears.

Athletics to get on table: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Then they send a burst of lightning at the nearest two (2, 4).

Electric Arc, Basic Reflex 19: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen shoves the cauldron near him straight toward the nearest creature (#4).

Shove, Athletics, panache: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17

The fumes hit his nose with their relentless assault and he sneezes electricity (2,4)!

AH AH ACHOOO

Electric arc damage, panache, DC 18: 2d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 + 2 = 9

Reaction: Opportune Riposte:

Trigger: An enemy misses Cai Fen by 10 or more, or rolls a natural 1 on an attack. Cai Fen must have performed confident finish on his last turn or must have panache (which he loses).

Result:
Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 (-1 if unarmed, -3 if unarmed and attempting lethal damage)
War flail damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 +2 with panache.
Punch damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 +2 with panache.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Ina cannot quite connect!

The cauldron spills sizzling fluid on the creature but does nothing to it. These creatures do not look very smart, and are likely immune to whatever concoctions they're creating in order to prevent lab accidents.

Spoiler:

Reflex2 vs Marula DC 19: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Reflex4 vs Marula DC 19: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Reflex2 vs Cai DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Reflex4 vs Cai DC 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Creature 2 dodges Marula's arc and creature 4 nearly does so as well. (0, 3). They are not expecting another blast so Cai is luckier!

Lab Fight: Round 1

Craft alchemy to ID these creatures.

Cai, has panache
Kyrie, shield raised, stance
G'nak
Guyzer

Marula
Drudge 1-2; 2 -9 hp
Drudge 3-4; 4 -12 HP

Verdant Wheel

Male NG Elf Sorcerer Champion of Erastil | HP 24/24 | AC 20 | Class DC 19 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30ft | Ranged: Pebble Potshot +9 1d4+4, Melee: Longsword +7 1d8+2 Active conditions: None

Guyzer decides to follow Kyrie in to the room and stand behind her shield. A quick flurry of gestures summons elemental energy latent in the air.

Electric Arc vs 2 and 4

Everyone's Favorite Spell, Reflex DC 19: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

2 less dmg on the arc per Slack discussion

Spoiler:
Reflex, 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Reflex, 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

The drudges are bored with these arcs. One casually move out of the way, the other avoids the brunt of the damage.

Lab Fight: Round 1

Craft alchemy to ID these creatures.

Cai, has panache
Kyrie, shield raised, stance
G'nak
Guyzer
Marula
Drudge 1-2; 2 -11 hp
Drudge 3-4; 4 -10 HP


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak moves in behind a table and throws bombs at drudge 4!

Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9 +2 splash, + 2 persistent fire

Alchemist fire: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 5 = 21
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 +2 splash, + 2 persistent fire


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

1d8 ⇒ 7

The first bomb lands in Drudge 2's square, damaging them all! 2 fire

The second bomb strikes the target directly!

Drudge 1 moves up to Kyrie and vomits acid at her feet! Acid, Basic reflex save: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Drudge 2 moves up to Cai and vomits acid at his feet! Acid, Basic reflex save: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Drudge 3 moves up to Guyzer, running under the table, and vomits acid at his feet! Acid, Basic reflex save: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Drudge 4 moves up to G'nak, staying under the table, and vomits acid at his feet! Acid, Basic reflex save: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Flat check Drudge 4: 1d20 ⇒ 15 The drudge extinguishes its own flames!

Lab Fight: Round 1

Craft alchemy to ID these creatures.

Cai, has panache, basic reflex save needed (6 or 12)
Kyrie, shield raised, stance, basic reflex save needed (4 or 9)
G'nak, basic reflex save needed (1 or 3)
Guyzer, basic reflex save needed (2 or 5)
Marula

Drudge 1, -2 HP
Drudge 2, -11 HP
Drudge 3, -2 HP
Drudge4, -21 HP


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Marula continues to presage a future in which electricity is simply taken for granted.

Electric Arc @ 2, 4; Basic Reflex 19: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

Ina hops down and chomps (#4).

Bite v. flatfooted: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Piercing + 1 Fire: 1d6 + 2 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (1) + 1 = 7

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Basic Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 vs 9 acid.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

G'nak fails. Cai succeeds.

Ina just can't quite seem to connect! She probably growls in frustration. The drudges dance the Boring Electric Arc Dance. But 4 falls.

Please resolve your turn along with the save if you have time. These attacks probably aren't deadly enough to change your tactics in any way.

Spoiler:
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Reflex 4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Lab Fight: Round 1

Craft alchemy to ID these creatures.

Cai, -6 HP, has panache
Kyrie, shield raised, stance, basic reflex save needed (4 or 9)
G'nak, -3 HP
Guyzer, basic reflex save needed (2 or 5)

Marula
Drudge 1, -13 HP
Drudge 2, -11 HP
Drudge 3, -2 HP

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen chokes up on his war flail, steps into flank with Ina, and strikes at the acid-spewing gremlin!

Strike!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 vs flat footed on #2.
Damage, panache: 1d10 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Reaction: Opportune Riposte:

Trigger: An enemy misses Cai Fen by 10 or more, or rolls a natural 1 on an attack. Cai Fen must have performed confident finish on his last turn or must have panache (which he loses).

Result:
Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 (-1 if unarmed, -3 if unarmed and attempting lethal damage)
War flail damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 +2 with panache.
Punch damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 +2 with panache.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Cai knocks #2's head off!

Gonna call the fight here.


F Human Champion/3

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Vile little creatures. says Cai Fen as he cleans gremlin brains off his war flail. Looks like another laboratory. Perhaps there might be something of use?

He glances around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dark Archive

Craft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

G'nak knows all about these creatures.

These are Alchemical Drudges. They can vomit acid (as you saw) and also have a reservoir that lets them add bomb effects to their melee strikes. They can carry up to 10 bombs' worth in their bodies. They have a natural climb speed but actually cannot fly.

An alchemical drudge can’t speak, but its mind is linked to its creator. It can share basic emotional information with its creator, such as fear, happiness, or anger. If the drudge is destroyed, its master automatically knows this.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The central table contains common alchemical items ready to be shipped to Cheliax. Chief among them is a small crate containing 6 vials of lesser alchemist’s fire and another with 4 lesser acid flasks. There is also a small, velvet-lined box containing a single dose of lesser stone body mutagen.

Stone Body Mutagen:

This mutagen calcifies your body making it as hard as stone.

Benefit: You gain resistance 5 to physical damage (except bludgeoning) equal to the listed amount. Drawback Your Speeds are reduced by 10 feet (minimum 5 feet) and you take a –2 penalty to Reflex saves. The duration is 10 minutes.

There are stairs going down… Let me know if you're buffing up or anything before going down to the lower levels. You'll also rest for 20 minutes of healing and refocusing.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Cai Fen contemplates drinking the fire mutagen before he heads down but decides to hold off. He does a few quick stretches to warm up and signals that he is ready to proceed.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak is happy to take the alchemical weapons, as it has already been determined that it takes a lot of them to blow up a stone tower.

But he is also willing to share, if other folks need. You never know when it might come in handy.

He offers up the stone body mutagen to Kyrie or Cai. But the velvet lined box he carefully packs away, to keep as a bed for his new doll.


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

The spiral stairs from the laboratory descend fifty feet before ending in a narrow hallway. To one side, more stairs descend further to an iron door, while the hallway continues south to a simple wooden door. Along the wall is a carving of a small farming village surrounded by an immense graveyard.

Wooden door or Iron door? Will update map based on your decision.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

We should check the wooden door. I have great concern something might ambush us from behind if we do not.

Cai Fen does not want the stone mutagen. Maybe Kyrie might be interested?


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Kyrie can have the stone mutagen. Seems like a Kyrie kinda mutagen to take…

Cai opens the door. Ahead is a large chamber that contains an alchemical laboratory.

G'nak, Marula, or any other character trained in craft I'm forgetting:

This is a laboratory for one person. Everything is meticulously cleaned and well organized — but in an idiosyncratic way that denotes an individual's single preference. For example, this person is left-handed and prefers their bunsen burner near the alembics.

Two cauldrons bubble alongside a central table covered in alchemical equipment. The walls are lined with shelves that hold old books and orderly rows of glass bottles, each containing reagents and ingredients. Three pits, their contents are hidden from view, fill one side of the room; nearby, a tall glass cylinder contains the blackened corpse of a dwarf surrounded by a swirling green mist. Through the mist, you can see that the naked corpse seems to have a pus-green fungus bursting from its eyes, mouth, nose, and other orifices. One might like to think that this person's face was fixed in terror at their death, but in reality, the flesh has been too ruined by the bacteria — what's left is clinical.

On the central desk is a lab journal, left open.

A creature made of pure fire, shaped like a rat, is hunched under a cauldron in the middle of the room. It watches you with alien intelligence.

Slide 1 updated.


Polygamodioecious | Notes | Druid 3 | Stats | HP 35/35 | AC 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11| Perc: +11

Ina stalks into the room, directing a threatening meowr at the rat. Marula edges in as well.

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Mr. Squeakers! You came back!


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

"Mr. Squeakers" II gazes at Cai with eyes that glint in the firelight like black marbles.

Nature or Arcana to ID!

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Oh buddy, I missed you so much! Says Cai Fen tearfully as he scoops up the rat and gives it a great big hug.

Athletics, grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of Smokeworker G'nak | Siege of Gallowspire | Lions of Katapesh | Flooded King's Court

Spoiler:
Cai, Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
G'nak, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Guyzer, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Kyrie, Perception (Defend: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Marula, Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Rat (sense motive): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Cai steps in close for a hug… but doesn't fare better than he did with Squeakers. Tutns out this flaming rat is in a bad mood. Cai can save that grapple check if he wants!

I gave the rat a sense motive check for initiative…others can position themselves within 1 Stride action to determine where they will be as part of the scene when Cai decided to grapple the rat.

The fire rat sees through Cai's intention, and viciously attacks!

attacks:
bite, strike 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
bite, strike 2: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 5 = 10
bite, strike 3: 1d20 + 10 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 10 = 14
damage, strike 1: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 + 1d4 ⇒ 2 persistent fire

It hits twice, and Cai also starts burning on his turn. 20 damage then 2 persistent on turn, DC 15 flat to remove; this damage is a variable 4d per round, not 1 static number.

Ask for Permission Before You Hug a Stranger, Especially When they are Made of Fire.

Rat
Kyrie
G'nak
Guyzer
Cai, -10 HP, on fire

Marula is not in initiative yet for… reasons.


F Human Champion/3

Kyrie advances to threaten the creature, working her way around with her shield up and her stance ready for battle.

Enter stance, raise shield, stride


NG Hobgoblin Alchemist Detective G'nak details | HP 26/26 | AC 19 | Class DC 17 | F: +7, R: +10, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Ranged: Crossbow +4 1d8, Melee: Morningstar +4 1d6 Active conditions: None

G'nak attepmts to bomb the rat with acid.

Acid flask: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10 persistent +2 splash

Acid flask: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 - 5 = 11
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 persistent +2 splash

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Swash 3 / AC 20 / Character Page

Feeling betrayed, Cai Fen changes tactics, grabbing not the rat but the cauldron it is hiding under, turning it over, and slamming it down on top of the creature in the hopes of trapping it.

I'll take my banked athletics roll and some interact/manipulate actions to make this happen

1,001 to 1,049 of 1,049 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's The Fall of Plaguestone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.