Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


751 to 800 of 2,391 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Evil GM

There is a distinctive clicking sound as the lock opens. Poke poke uses the blanket to turn the knob but as he jostles the door it will move from the door jam. It feels as if something is holding the wood closed almost as if the door is swollen in the jam.


Evil GM

ulfrec and Geri:
When you get to Fort Karnog Inn you can see there are a few people staring at the inn. The door and the window slots are overgrown with vines.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"And now we are back to brute force. Allow us to provide some muscle. "

Strength to force door: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Man. That thing is really jammed good."


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Ulfrec starts to call out his team's names... Bradan, Aggrah...

Damn jail was under attack, too!

Taking on the aspect of the wolf, Ulfrec doubles his speed and closes the distance quickly, axe at the ready...


Evil GM

Ulfrec you get to the porch and see the vines interwoven over and around the doorway. Had you not previously been to the inn, you would not have any idea there is door there.

You are currently 20 feet from the door. What are you doing and how do you propose you are going to proceed?

The other PCs can make a perception check but it's doubtful you will hear him.


Evil GM

Bradan you try the door and it doesn't budge. If you used your body to hit the door take 1 HP of damage as thorny spike pierces your flesh.

What is everyone doing?


HP 39/39 AC 16/ T 12/ FF 14/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

sorry guys... My teacher could've dispelled this magic... But I'm not skilled enough to do that. I've got nothing that'll help with getting past this door


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

"Huh, guess Poke Poke was wrong and loud pig face no trip last trap. Poke Poke thinks outloud upon seeing the spike.


Evil GM

Anyone examining the door itself can clearly observe that the wood is not smooth like the other doors in the hallway. This particular door is rough and knobby. You figure each of those knobs release small spike (thorn) when touched.


HP 39/39 AC 16/ T 12/ FF 14/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2

Anyone got an axe?


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"No axe, just my polearm. If you want, I'll chop into the door."


HP 39/39 AC 16/ T 12/ FF 14/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2

Don't know what else to do. Yeah, try chopping it down


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

kn nature, what is it, what is the source?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 5 Init 5 AC20/T17/F14, Perc +7, Stelth +21 Saves F+3/R+9/W+0, HP 47/47

Always the fan of a good ol' spike trap the goblin set to work trying to disable the recently locked door

disable spikes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

disable device aid another: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
"Yeeees ...yes. No! There! Counterclockwise! Gently ..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
1/2O Bard6HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Alas! Our grand adventure to be brought to a halt by a door! The shame!


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:
[dice=kn nature, what is it, what is the source?]1d20+7

It looks like a mixture of oak and redwood but you've never seen anything quite like this blend before. An axe would be nice to have right now.

Poke Poke wrote:

Always the fan of a good ol' spike trap the goblin set to work trying to disable the recently locked door

[Dice=disable spikes]1d20 +9

Poke and Dr. Tes you each know this is magical in nature. You are able to pull several spikes (thorns) out of the door and feel you've created enough space on the door to shoulder ram or kick it. Then, again, it is magical and you figure it's only a temporary trap that will eventually time itself out.


Male Human Invulnerable Rager HP: 50/50 AC18/12/16, F6/R3/W2, Perception: +6, Survival +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

I don't have an axe but I think this will do.
Calain pulls his Greatsword from his back and after giving the others a nod and time to back up goes to work on the door with his Masterwork Weapon.

He gives it as many hits as necessary to get the door open.

2 hand Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 + 3 = 9
Confirm Critical for double damage: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 22

If necessary
Rd 2. 2 hand Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10
Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 + 3 = 15

Rd3. hand Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 1 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 + 3 = 11

The first hit was a brilliant downward smash that would have cleaved a man in 2.
His secondary strokes were less effective in the cramped hallway...


1/2O Bard6HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

SMASH THAT WICKED DOOR! Beorn gives a hearty battle song to accompany the sword blows.
One round of Inspire courage for +1 hit/damage


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Ulfrec hefts his axe...

attack growth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
damage growth: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Evil GM

Calain cracks the door off the jam. The door is ajar but not completely open but you can see a flicker of candle light coming from the room. You also observe vines growing from the backside of the door.

----

Ulfrec you it the woody vines and do some damage with your chop. You are nowhere near getting through it though.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Meatbodies, destroy door!" S~+@! Did I eat those mushrooms already?!


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

Bradan also delivers a blow to the door, using his glaive-guisarme.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 to hit (if necessary) for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 slashing damage


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Ulfrec hefts his axe, once more...

attack growth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
damage growth: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Can Geri attack?


Evil GM

Bradan the door is still ajar and you loosened it up some more. When you pry the door open a bit more it appears as if the vine roots are growing along the inside of the door frame. You believe it's going to take a few moments to cut along the entire doorframe.

-----

Ulfrec sure Geri can attack. It's still going to take some time to cut your way through the vines to gain access to the inn.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Anyone got anything strong enough to kill plants?! Without burning us to the ground? I SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT THE ORC MOONSHINE!"


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"Only thing I can think of would smoke us out of the building. Chopping seems to work, if a bit slower than I'd like."


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Ulfrec is relentless, perhaps spurred by the fact that as a Druid, he's got nothing...

Ulfrec attack growth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Ulfrec damage growth: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Geri attack growth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Geri damage growth: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

Ulfrec after some time working at the vines you are able to finally break through and into the encased inn.

Braden and others as you work your blades around the door frame you will get the door open.


HP 39/39 AC 16/ T 12/ FF 14/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2

Aggrah positions herself behind the bruisers but to where she has a good view of the room whenever the door finally gives way readying to evil eye or cast a spell if needed


1/2O Bard6HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

It seems we should try to buy some plant killer and axes for our future journeys. Beorn has his sword ready.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Let's see what's waiting on the other side.

Bron takes out his shield and sword and stands right next to it so he'll be the first in.


Evil GM

I still don't have maptools working, I have someone coming over today to look at it.

Here is the last map that I posted.

Last Map of the Inn

Everyone except Ulfrec are near the door now working on getting inside the room.


Ulfrec and Geri you are finally able to get inside the inn. At this time of the night you notice that the tavern ahs been cleaned up and the swept. The innkeeper is sleeping in a chair with a broom propped up against his shoulder. He doesn't seem fazed by anything right now.


Evil GM

Bron shoulders the door open and the first thing the group notices is the smell of sulfur - like when the goblin farts - and there is a buzzing sound of a wayward fly. Visually there are dried up vines crumbling around the doorway. The room itself is similar although larger than the ones you are lodging in but it's very disheveled. The foot of the bed's leg is broken, a chair is overturned, and a cheap piece of artwork has fallen off the wall. You do not see Mrs. Turner.

This is your initial assessment. Everyone can roll a perception check and tell me what you are going to do inside the room.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception, follow clues: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The good doctor immediately scans with quick elven precision, looking for signs to track.


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

Braden follows in, polearm st the ready. Scanning the room, he scowls at the missing woman.

"What in the blazes....?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22(+2 vs humans)


Evil GM

Bradan:
You see a set of muddy footprints that are humanoid-like shape. You also see scuff marks from several sets of heavy boots...definitely human. You remember that second group of mercenaries from the bar and recall they had waterproof boots.

Dr. Zes:
you see the artwork on the ground and notice the wall-hook that it fell from. The odd thing that you notice is there is a shriveled up plant in a pot against the wall that the artwork fell from. You know your room did not have any welcoming plants or flowers in it.

Others can still roll out their perception checks.


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Rise and shine, Bucko! Stranger things afoot!

Geri, SEEK! Ulfrec slaps the wolf's rump as he heads for the stairs... The widow!


Evil GM

"h..h...Huh." The blurry eyed innkeeper swats at your hand as he drifts back to sleep.

Geri runs up the stairs and comes to the group pushing their way through the widow's doorway.


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Hearing Geri's bark, Ulfgar hustles up the stairs... arriving onto the scene.

He's breathing heavily. Fungus, growth... the jail, dead... inn door, huge vines... Seeing the green stuff in the room... Awww, bugger! Here too?

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
kn nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Evil GM

Ulfrec:
All the plant life seems to be dead and decaying within the room. There is a sulfur smell in the room very similar to swamp water.

When you exam the inside of the door you notice that dead vines acted like a lock or barricade from inside the room. You figure some group killed the two guards outside the room, then entered the room, and then barricaded the door by using magical vines. Who ever entered through the hall door did not exit the room in the same manner.


HP 39/39 AC 16/ T 12/ FF 14/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2

goblin farts! Poke-poke if this is your idea of a joke.....

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Aggrah steps in the room scanning for Magic(other than the vine magic) and anything else of interest
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Evil GM

Aggrah:
You see the dried up vine in a pot against the floor. Dr. Tes is looking at that area. The pot glows (strong conjuration) and you can make out a feint archway on the wall. It's roughly 10 foot wide and 15 feet high.

You also notice Mrs Turner's cloak is still on a peg by the room door, it glows (Feint abjuration). Her high cotton and leather otter boots are under her cloak. Her footwear also have screened, mesh eyelets that allow water and perspiration to drain out of the shoe and they have thick and flexible soles. Her boots are well made but they are not magical.

It is odd that some of her gear is here but she is missing.


Male Dwarf Druid 5 (Wolf Shaman) HP 56/56, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+8/R+3/W+6, Perc +10, Init +6

Ulfrec walks around the room, curiously eyeing and smelling everything, especially the dead vegetation.

It's all dead. And it smells like a damn swamp in here... Geru whines in agreement.

Clever bastards, they used the growth to keep the door closed, I experienced something similar at the front door.

Obviously, they killed the guards... poor fellas and came in using the door, but after barring it with these, these... vines, they left some other way. Windah?

Geri, track! The wolf starts to sniff around.

Anyone got anything they left behind orin it belonged to the widda?


Favored Enemy (human) +4 (animals) +2; Second Wind 2/2 HP 43/43, AC 18 / T 14 / FF 14 // Fort +6 / Ref +8 / Will +2 Initiative +4, Perception +9 Longbow +9 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +7 (1d10+3)

"Muddy footprints, and heavy boot scuffs. Here, here, and there. If I had to guess, whoever made the plants all ornery was working with the mercs we didnt pick a tussle with, and scampered off with the widow. I can try and track, the sooner the better. Maybe if Geri can sniff the lady's bedsheets, he can get her scent, and we can run the track together."

Survival to Track: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 (+2 vs humans)


Evil GM

I'm going to hold off a little bit to see if anyone else makes a perception check or wants to act.


HP 39/39 AC 16/ T 12/ FF 14/ F+4/ R+4/ W+7/CMD 12, Init +2, Perc +7, Height 5'6, swim +2

Aggrah finishes her survey of the room. the pot is strongly magical, it would have to be, to create an effect this strong. The widow left her magic cloak on the peg over there... Don't think she left voluntarily which is pretty damn obvious. No one goes on a voluntary walkabout without their boots

And then Aggrah moves over to the wall with the gate/portal? and HERE she outlines the area without touching it looks like it might be some kind of magic doorway

Aggrah looks around the room searching for something to poke the doorway? with

If she finds something... She'll poke it hoping that it doesn't set of some kind of magical explosion.....

And then thinks better of it... hey... Poke-poke take a look at this. It's it trapped?

Having to ask the little greenskin sneak about anything magical is pretty annoying for Aggrah but the O.C. said that sneaks had their ways of finding magic traps that even seasoned witches could miss... Let's see if he's any good


Evil GM

Poke, Beorn, Bron, and Calain have perception checks to make. I'll DMPC them later, if necessary.


1/2O Bard6HP18/18,Init+2,Per+4,F3R6W4(6Fear),AC16T12FF14

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Beorn takes in the room and listens to the others. Zounds! perhaps they used magical plants to whisk her away like that story about the beanstalk!

751 to 800 of 2,391 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.