[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,838 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

“We don’t quite know what happened; the crew made it to shore on a lifeboat, but their stories conflict. Something may have attacked the ship, or it may have just run aground on something, and Hlavard told them to leave while he investigated. He never lit the signal light that said it was okay for the crew to return, so they made their way back home.

Unfortunately, the crew are now off on another ship, and they won't be back for six months; understandably, we can't wait that long...”

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf strokes his beard which should be cut once but he likes it so when it's long enough to remember that he's a man from the wilderness.

I can take a spell against the cold. But it works for one person at a time.

Well go to a shipwreck, find a guy and a gorget. That's the mission. Well the guy should be cold enough now after one month in the cold.

Is there ice around the shipwreck?

Sovereign Court

"In the Steaming Sea? I doubt it, but in a world of magic, I suppose anything is possible..."

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

b]Mmhh, well.[/b]

He turns to the others: Do you still have questions?

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

"Interesting." Mara hadn't considered that the crew might have lived but still not been able to give testimony. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable...but not that much so. They should at least have been able to say what happened. That they couldn't...

Well. That raised its own possibilities, few of them good.

"I still have many questions, but none I think that can be answered here." Mara checks her supplies one last time, then nods. "I'm ready."

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah distracts herself from the cold by cracking open a new journal and recording notes about the mission.

Bair Mann wrote:
"Sistah, ya be fahn. Steahmin seawahm."

"Oh! That is so pleasant to hear! I guess that makes sense. Thank you!"

Her warm smile and bright eyes do their best to fight back against the current chill. She puts away her journal, tightens the straps on her backpack and grabs a heavy wooden staff.

Dran'Thor wrote:
He turns to the others: Do you still have questions?

"I think I'm ready!"

Sovereign Court

The Venture Captain nods.

"Right then! Off you go!"

The party is then ushered out of the Lodge, and down to the Docks, where you eventually find your way to the Wandering Hearth, a mid-sized sailing vessel, where you are met by a middle-aged Ulfen woman, who introduces herself as Eynilla Vriggdahl, and checks to see that you are prepared for the voyage.

"After all," she notes, "this route is far from a safe one..."

Her worries prove to be quiet prescient, because as the ship journeys through the Steaming Sea, a storm strikes!

The crew desperately keep the ship upright, but the torrential rain and heavy waves batter everything on board... without your assistance, things are undoubtedly going to go overboard!

Everyone in the party can roll *one* of the following:

Lore(Sailing) (if you have it) to assist the Captain in piloting the ship.
Athletics to secure crates and equipment or to climb the rigging.
Acrobatics to secure ropes at the sides of the ship without falling overboard.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 59/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 7 Rds Remain

Bair jumps right to it, his job of choice most of his life being securing crates and equipment. He chatters with anyone he can find, asking very very basic questions about sailing.

Athletics (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

When the storm strikes, he changes his tune, starting to talk all about the one time they defeated an entire rainstorm made up of tiny horses.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

"I must admit my ignorance to the mastery of sailing, but I was raised not to complain about things that are humanly possible!"

Athletics, Level+: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Oh oh oh. A tempest!

Feeling at home in the elements, the dwarf searches to secure the ropes at the side of boat to help the crew.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

He runs on the ship's deck to catch the things and avoid they are lost in the sea.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara has spent a fair amount of time on ships since becoming a pathfinder. While she’s no expert, she’s gotten good at securing ropes. She also, as a matter of self-preservation, has gotten very good at not falling overboard.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Unfortunately for Bair, the crates are sized for medium creatures, and he just doesn't have any luck with securing them.

Dran'Thor and Mara do their best to secure the ropes, but the combination of the violently rocking boat, and the salt spray on the ropes means that they can't quite manage.

Both failed by 1 :-/

Hannah, on the other hand, manages to do an excellent job, tying down some of the heavier crates!

Just waiting on Adalan and Deshacerla...

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Knowing he is unlikely contribute much but unwilling to do nothing, Adalan struggles to tie down some of the ship's ropes, occasionally using minor telekinesis to try to pull in the end of a cable being whipped about by the wind.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Sovereign Court

Adalan doesn't have any luck, either, with the ship's ropes...

Deshacerla-BOT: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18.

...but impressively, Deshacerla, with surprising Gnomish tenacity, manages to tie-down a few of the flapping ropes!

After the storm passes, the Captain nods gruffly to each of you.

"Thanks for at least trying..."

She then rummages around in one of the crates, and pulls out two crowbars, which she gives to Hannah and Deshacerla.

"You might need these when we get to your destination..."

About half a day later...

The Wandering Hearth reaches its destination.

The Shoreseeker lies half submerged in the sea, propped up by several more wrecked ships. The Ulfen longship is substantially damaged on the
side, so Captain Vriggdahl sails the ship to the opposite, more intact side, and sailors lay several boards to allow access to the ship.

Bair: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20.
Mara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22.

Bair, Dran'Thor, and Mara all recognise the pile of wrecked ships as a sea serpent’s lair. Moreover, sea serpents are known for capsizing ships to build their homes...

Who wants to go across and explore? :-P

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Well guys. Sea serpents are really huge and terrific.

But the venture-captain wouldn't let the party meet such a monster, does he?

The dwarf takes a minute to cast Water breathing on everybody except Deshacerla (because limited to 5 targets).

Then he takes his bravery and advances to the other side.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

"A sea serpent?" Mara shakes her head, eyes wide. "That would explain the wreck, and a sea serpent might have been able to take down Hlavard, but it's certainly beyond our capabilities to deal with. We need to be very, very cautious here."

As they cross the makeshift bridge onto the ship, Mara instinctively crouches down, moving slowly and carefully. "Be as quiet as you can, everyone. Until we know what we're dealing with."

Mara is trying to Avoid Notice as her exploration activity.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 59/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 7 Rds Remain

Bair scrunches up his nose again and his body slowly shifts into a terrifying green skinned critter with spiky red spine fins. He looks proud of himself, “seah sarpenz arbuddies wif seahdevls, disll givusachancetatalk.”

He also tries to be quiet.

Stealth (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

"Goodness! A sea serpent? But wasn't Hlavard a Linnorm King? I don't know how big serpents get, but Linnorms... I've seen pictures, and they're always terrifying!"

Exploration, Search: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19

Sovereign Court

Before Dran'Thor steps out onto the deck, Hannah calls out a warning - it would appear that the deck area in front of the party has been colonised by Gray Mold!

A Survival check is needed to neutralise the mold, without setting it off... (i.e., this is technically a 'trap').

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Ouch! Thank you for warning.

Then the dwarf is neutralizing the mold using his wilderness knowledge.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

"You're very welcome!" the new Pathfinder beams with pride. "That's what teamwork is for!"

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

"Odd that the crew didn't know it was a sea serpent, if that's really what wrecked the ship," Adalan comments.

He follows across the bridge, trying not to make too much noise.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Sovereign Court

Using his superior knowledge, Dran'Thor is able to easily clear away the mold.

Heading below-decks...

The lower deck is partially flooded, and you immediately see why, and what became of Hlavard Grenskuldr, for wedged into a hole in the side of the ship is the head of an enormous sea serpent! Clutched in its jaws is the body of an Ulfen man wearing an ornate gorget. An axe is firmly embedded in the side of the serpent’s head.

Both appear to be very dead.

In order to retrieve the body, some brave soul needs to make an Athletics check to swim down, and wrench the serpent's jaws open...

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

"Holy Mother of Souls," Hannah gestures the spiral symbol of Pharasma with her right hand.

"Let us bring him home for a proper burial. I grew up swimming in the canals of Vidrian. I can hold my breath decently long enough."

Hannah removes her backpack, lays down her staff, takes out the crowbar she was gifted and dives in.

HOLY GODDESS OF THE ELEMENTS THAT IS COLD!!

Athletics, Level Bump, Assurance: 10 + 3 + 1 = 14

Sovereign Court

Despite the coldness of the water, Hannah is able to swim down just fine; however, the serpent's jaws are wedged firmly shut.

There is nothing stopping you from trying again, however.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah lets loose a small burst of bubbles as she wedges the crowbar between the biggest teeth.

Athletics, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

Sovereign Court

Hannah feels like there was a bit more give than before, but the Linnorn King's corpse still remains firmly caught.

Feel free to try again ;-)

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Running out of breath, Hannah braces a foot against the lower jaw, her shoulder against the upper, and kicks with all her strength!

Athletics, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12

...before returning, shivering, to the surface.

"*chatter chatter chatter* okay... someone else can... *shiver*... go next."

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Don’t forget the Water breath spell I’ve cast on everybody except Deshacerla.

The dwarf observes the scene and stays ready in case something happens. He is more thinking about a new threat.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara stops short as she sees the sea serpent's head, then relaxes when it doesn't appear to be moving. "Looks like they killed each other. I suppose that's an appropriate way for a Linnorm King to go."

She's perfectly content to allow Hannah to retrieve the body, but after several failed attempts begins to feel bad for the younger Pathfinder. "It's okay, he seems to be pretty wedged in there. Looks like this is a job for someone with serious muscles." Which means...

"Hey Bair, would you mind retrieving the body for us?"

Yeah, Mara's not swimming down there unless there's no other choice. She's no coward, but swimming in ice cold water is not her idea of a fun time.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 59/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 7 Rds Remain

Bair dives right in after Hannah and tries to crowbar open the jaws from the other side, "GODDAGEDEMOUDDADERE!"

Athletics (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Athletics (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Athletics (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

"Wow! Haha!" Hannah laughs as she wrings her hair dry. "He's really putting his whole heart into it!"

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Well when we need some strengh you’re the one. Even if it was easier since Hannah had done it half-way.

The dwarf smiles a bit being serious at the same time.

But that’s the moment when he pays the most attention.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Watching the goblin get to work, DC smiles. 'This one sure makes the most out of everything, doesn't it.'

"You doin ok down there? We're happy to help you if needed and by we, I mean them." she calls out, gesturing to their companions.

Sovereign Court

After seeing Hannah struggling, Bair easily dives down, tears open the serpent's mouth, and retrieves the body (and the gorget, too!).

As the party returns to their ship, however, the water on the other side starts to boil, and two *much* smaller sea serpents pop out onto the surface of the water, obviously quite annoyed at this latest intrusion upon their lair!

YSS: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26.
Adalan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20.
Bair: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18.
Mara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22.
Hannah: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15.

Both sea serpents puff up, and start vomiting sea water at the party!

Waterspout (Adalan): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30, for 10d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 2, 4) = 25 damage.
Waterspout (Bair): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16, for 5d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 1, 1) = 8 damage.
Waterspout (Deshacerla): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15, for 5d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 1, 4) = 15 damage.
Waterspout (Dran'Thor): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24, for 5d4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 3, 2) = 16 damage.
Waterspout (Mara): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17, for 5d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1, 1) = 6 damage.
Waterspout (Hannah): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9, for 5d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 2, 1) = 7 damage.

Adalan is knocked clean out, and Deshacerla and Dran'Thor are injured, but the rest of the party manages to avoid the gouts of water.

Adalan, Deshacerla, and Dran'Thor each need to roll a Fort save. Note: This is a poison effect.

Snakes On a Ship, Round 1:
YSS (-,-)
Bair
Deshacerla (-15, **Fort Save, please**)
Mara
Dran'Thor (-18, **Fort Save, please**)
Hannah
Adalan (-20, Unconscious, Dying 2, **Fort Save, please**)

Party is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The dwarf surrounds the red sea serpent in a swirling storm of violent winds, roiling clouds, and crackling lightning.

Tempest surge: 2d12 ⇒ (12, 11) = 23

DC 19 basic Reflex save. On a failure, the target also is clumsy 2 for 1 round and takes 2 persistent electricity damage.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Hey! Don't do that!" squeals Deshacerla. "Especially if ya aint going to be sporting and stand where the goblins can touch you."

She proceeds to mumbles a few words to herself as electricity begins to crackle between her hands with a flick of her wrist, it goes flying over the side of the ship.... Not wishing to get blasted again, she quickly moves to the far side of the ship.

Both need a Basic Reflex DC 18
Electric Arc Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Actions 1-2 Cast Electric Arc
Action 3: Stride

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Stabilize (DC 12): 1d20 ⇒ 12

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 59/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 7 Rds Remain

Bair pulls out a large club and eyes the distance between the critters and the ship, considering a running jump, "Eh... fahn."

But instead of doing the stupid thing, he decides to also pull a long pointy stick and lob it at the red scaled sea serpent, "DA SEA DEVIL KING SENDS HIS REGAHDS!"

Interact 2x to draw his greatclub (holding it 1 handed) and javelin, Strike Red.

Javelin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for Pierc: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah bites down on her lip, "Everyone stay back from the railing? Maybe they can't swim on board!"

In a flurry of motion Hannah steps up to the edge of the ship, throws two shuriken at the serpent on the left, then withdraws to a safer distance.

Stride, Flurry, Stride.

Shuriken, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Piercing, Bump: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Shuriken, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 4
Piercing, Bump: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

"...this is harder than I thought!"

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Oh, no! Totally missed that Adalan was down =\

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

"Of course the sea serpents all being dead would be too much to hope for." At this point, Mara is reluctantly resigned to her fate. It seems that every single mission is going to involve being attacked by something.

Is it too late to switch careers? Mom always wanted me to be a lawyer...

But no. This is the life she has chosen, and she's usually good at it. At least, when the enemy is somewhere she can reach. Which these sea serpents are not. The best she can do is fire arrows at them, so she pulls out her shortbow and tries.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The arrow travels with a satisfying thunk as it hits the serpent. Unfortunately that mostly just seems to make it mad. Face it Mara, unless these things come on board you're pretty much useless. Better to keep the others healthy.

With that in mind, she runs over to Adalan and starts administering what first aid she can.

Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

Strike Blue, Stride, Battle Medicine. Mara now has the Assurance skill feat for Medicine, meaning she can take 10 and automatically succeed.

Sovereign Court

Bair tosses a javelin, which slams with a satisfying thud into Red's flank.

Deshacerla:
Suddenly, instead of your allies, you see more sea serpents on the deck of the ship with you!

Basically, you are Confused.

Deshacerla stares wild-eyed at the rest of the party, then directs a blast of Electricity at Bair and Mara!

Mara fires an arrow at Red, dealing it another blow, then moves over, and applies a poultice to Adalan's bludgeoning injury, waking him up.

Dran'Thor:
Suddenly, instead of your allies, you see more sea serpents on the deck of the ship with you!

Basically, you are Confused.

Dran'Thor steps back, and directs a blast of Electricity at Bair!

Hannah throws some shuriken, which go wide, before retreating.

Adalan:
Suddenly, instead of your allies, you see more sea serpents on the deck of the ship with you!

Basically, you are Confused.

Adalan stares about wild-eyed, and directs a volley of force missiles into Mara!

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 3 = 14 Force damage.

Almost as if in answer to Mara's silent prayer, the small sea serpents then launch themselves up onto the deck!

Red attempts to bite Bair...

Jaws: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage.

...but is unable to find a weak point in his armour.

Blue attempts to bite Dran'Thor...

Jaws: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 damage.

...and takes out a chunk of flesh!

Snakes On a Ship, Round 2:
YSS (-17,-)
Bair (-8 damage **DC 18 Reflex for half**; -23 damage **DC 19 Reflex for half**)
Deshacerla (-15, **Fort Save, please**)
Mara (-14, -8 damage, **DC 18 Reflex for half**)
Dran'Thor (-30, **Fort Save, please**; DC 11 Flat check, as well)
Hannah
Adalan (-13, **Fort Save, please**)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 59/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 7 Rds Remain

Reflex 8 Damage DC 18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Reflex 23 Damage DC 19: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damn, at least they (barely) weren't crit fails. Also, Bair has 1 electricity resist so only takes 7 and 22.

Bair's EYES WIDEN as he turns to his so called allies, "WHAADAHELL YUDOIN? ENMY SNEKS AR OVAH HEAH!!!" To emphasize his point, he smacks wildly waves his club at the nearest snake.

Rage (+4 Temp HP, AC at 18), Strike Red 2x.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

Hero Point Re-Roll because Bair might be down soon.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 5 = 8 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

____________________________________________________________________

Well seriously. What the hell. I usually don't complain about rolls. But I just had 5 d20's and none were over a 4. I guess I'm paying my javelin crit back HARD.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Mara screams as the man she'd just healed repays her with magic missiles to the face. "What the F$*@ are you doing?!" The distraction costs her, as seconds later she's hit with electricity from behind. From the sounds of it, Bair isn't faring any better. Fully half their party is now attacking them rather than the serpents.

It's not their fault. There's probably some spell or something at work. It's not their fault...f+#~ this.

"Adalan, you'd better survive, because you and I are going to have words later," she hisses. Assuming I survive too.

Glancing around, Mara winces at the sight of the heavy wounds Bair has sustained. They don't have a cleric, and Thorax isn't around, which means she's the best healer they have. Fan-f@!!ing-tastic.

She steps closer to Bair, trying to quickly bandage the worst of his injuries.

Bair Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

Then she draws her shortsword and swings it at the nearest serpent. Please let the others attack the serpent now, please let them attack the serpent, I can't survive another hit like that...

Shortsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
S. Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Step, Battle Medicine, Strike. I believe Battle Medicine will provoke an AOO if the serpent has that ability. Mara does have electricity resistance 1, so she took one less point of damage from Deshacerla's attack.

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Sovereign Court

Bair swings angrily, but, still distracted by the apparent betrayal of his allies, is unable to land a blow.

Mara, seething with anger, steps up to Bair to soothe his burns, and then takes a swing, which is unfortunately (barely!) turned aside by the serpent's thick hide.

Adalan starts screaming about the ship being infested with sea serpents, and directs a blast of colours which hits Red, Mara, and Bair!

Colour Spray.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17.

Red writhes on the deck, insensate!

Snakes On a Ship, Round 2:
YSS (-17 Stunned 1, Blinded for 1 round, Dazzled for 10 rounds; -)
Bair (-23, **DC 18 Will, please**)
Deshacerla (-15, **Fort Save, please**)
Mara (-22, **DC 18 Will, please**)
Dran'Thor (-30, **Fort Save, please**; DC 11 Flat check, as well)
Hannah

Adalan (-13)

Deshacerla, Dran'Thor, and Hannah are up!

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Oh no no no... I've heard of this madness before... Maybe I can distract the serpent long enough for them to clear their heads.

"Eyes on me, snake!"

Master of Masters, may your teachings shine through on this day!

Hannah grips her staff and charges forward to unleash a flurry of hits from her bo staff at reach.

Interact, Stride, Flurry.

Bo Staff: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Bo Staff, Flurry: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 - 5 = 4
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Sovereign Court

Hannah raps Blue smartly on the snout with her staff!

Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18.

Deshacerla continues to be utterly terrified, and tosses a Harm at everyone!

Harm: 1d8 ⇒ 4.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16.
Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24.

Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.

Whether from natural dwarven fortitude, or the fact that a *real* serpent just bit him, Dran'Thor manages to fight off the effects of the psychotropic algae, and directs a blast of electricity at Red...

Tempest Blast: 2d12 ⇒ (9, 3) = 12.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11.

...and has the pleasure of watching it jerk spasmodically.

1d20 ⇒ 4

Red shakes its head, and regains its senses, although it is still a bit dazed...

...whilst Blue tries to bite Hannah...

Yes, it has Reach.

Jaws: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 damage.
Jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 damage.
Jaws: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage.

...savaging her.

Snakes On a Ship, Round 3:
YSS (-35 Dazzled for 9 rounds, Persistent Electricity 2; -9)
Bair (-23, **DC 18 Will, please (Colour Spray)**; -4 **DC 18 Will for half**)
Deshacerla (-15, **Fort Save, please**)
Mara (-22, **DC 18 Will, please (Colour Spray)**; -4 **DC 18 Will for half**)
Dran'Thor (-30; -4 **DC 18 Will for half**)
Hannah (-17; -4 **DC 18 Will for half**)
Adalan (-13; -4 **DC 18 Will for half**; **Fort Save, please**)

Party is up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,838 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.