[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,936 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan is obviously somewhat shaken by the prospect that this undead man has been trying to scratch his way out of this room for decades, but his curiosity quickly wins out over his discomfort.

"Your dedication to revealing the truth is certainly... impressive," he begins, "and as agents of the Pathfinder Society we will gladly help record and publicize your secret. First, though, can you tell us what this secret is and who exactly it was that imprisoned you? It has been centuries since you were interred, so I doubt there is any immediate danger from the family that feared your knowledge then."

Adalan also tries to ascertain how truthful Marcon's oath was.

Perception to Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Sovereign Court

@Adalan: Marcon seems to be telling the truth.

Marcon shakes his head.

"I will not name the specific family at this time, but it is certain that what I know is still a threat to them... since it involves knowledge of a powerful Wish that granted their line complete immunity from taxation for all time, allowing them to prosper financially.

I first became suspicious when suddenly, in what seemed like an overnight transformation, the family’s fortunes changed for the better and their wealth began to steadily grow beyond any projections I had made. My surprise was brushed aside by the patriarch of the family, and all messages I sent to other potential creditors/governments were either lost, or ignored. Being a diligent and dedicated worker, however, I began digging deeply to find the reasons for the improvements... and that is what sealed my fate; by the time I discovered what had actually happened, my search came to the attention of the family, and they decided that since I liked digging so much, I could die buried beneath the city... for whilst their financial future was secured in perpetuity, they still feared damage to their reputation."

Silver Crusade

(Thorax's Ally Boon)

Religion, Recall Knowledge about Undead: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

The old knight contemplates the situation.

"This is not one of Tar-Baphon's creations, and I have built my reputation upon upholding the rule of law. We should help his soul to find rest. Any one of us would wish the same in his shoes."

He then turns to make eye contact with Marcon.

"But I am also aware that undeath is a powerful force. If you lose control, we will be forced to smite you, and your secret will die with you. But if you can guarantee us you will cause no harm, then we will do our due diligence to make sure your words are heard."

Sovereign Court

@Ulthun: Technically, it would appear that Marcon is something akin to a Ghast, but he is far more lucid than one of those creatures would normally be, lacking the whole 'unquenchable ravenous hunger for the flesh of the living'; the burning desire to see the Secret made public seems to be what is driving him.

Marcon nods solemnly.

"I would ask nothing less; in life I was not a violent man; I would not want that to change in death..."

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf strokes his beard.

Well, I suppose we should bring him back to the surface to reveal what he knows. Civilizations are weird, not like nature...

Then thinking about their recent past experience:

Even if nature may reacts in a strange way sometimes.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Mer-Bair thinks hard for a bit, "Da famly ehn't gobbos, raight? Longasya don messupda kings plans, all good."


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Should take him to Lodge when it still night."

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara's a little jumpy around the undead after everything's that happened, but none of the necromancer's minions had been quite so...chatty. "I'm happy to escort you back to the Lodge after we're finished here. You can tell your secret to the authorities there." She pulls out her mace and prepares to knock down the wall. "Stand back; I don't want to accidentally hit you as I break this thing down."

Can I just say I bash at the wall with the mace until Marcon is free, or do I need to roll something?


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Since Crafting is for creating and Thievery is for disabling, I'll guess Thievery?

Thievery: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Or, you know, another week of scratching at it.

Sovereign Court

Ironically, the scenario calls for half an hour of generic bashing from this side, or 15 minutes with a successful Craft check ;-)

Marcon obediently stands to the side, whilst the party clears an opening.

Once there is enough space, he crawls through, dusts himself off, and bows.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all. I would shake hands, but I don't think that would be a good idea, given my current state. If you intend to explore further down here, be careful - I have heard/seen other undead moving around down here, and they were definitely *not* like me."

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Well I think it remains only C2, doesn't it?

The dwarf prepare himself to continue the exploration of the site.

Come on guys. There is still a cave over there.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara inclines her head in greeting as an alternative to shaking hands. "I'm Mara. Pleasure to meet you as well...and thanks for the warning."

Have we explored all the side passages? If so then C2 it is!

Sovereign Court

Moving on to C2...

This wide gallery is lined with a colourful mural depicting a figure performing some sort of magical ritual over an expanse of ocean. His arms raised, he beckons to something beneath the waves, and is answered by a frothing, foaming section of the water that hints at a massive shape rising.

To the northwest, stairs rise to another large room. An elegantly carved figure towers over the room, combining the body of an eel with the visage of a horrifying deep‑sea fish and four grasping tentacles.

Adalan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22.
Thorax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19.

Adalan, Dran'Thor, Mara, and Thorax are able to determine the artistry of both the mural and the statue is of the highest quality and likely cost hundreds of gold each to construct.

Adalan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13.
Mara: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15.

Adalan, Deshacerla, Dran'Thor, and Mara identify the mural as a depiction of Aroden raising the Starstone and the Isle of Kortos from the depths of the ocean.

Adalan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12.
Mara: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8.

Adalan and Deshacerla identify the statue as a depiction of Dagon, demon lord of the sea, sea monsters, and deformity.

Sovereign Court

Suddenly, with a low moan, two rotting, fungus-and-boil-encrusted human corpses shuffle out from behind the statue!

As they do so, the walls at either end of the chamber explode outwards, as two hulking, rotting corpses that originally appear to have been ogres push through the weakened masonry, eager to taste living flesh...

"Ah." Marcon notes, "These would be what I was referring to. Distasteful!"

PZ: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.
ZB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22.
Adalan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22.
Bair: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.
Thorax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19.

The two ogre corpses lunge forward...

Fist: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 = 33, for 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (2, 3) + 10 = 15 damage.
Fist: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 11 + 2 = 32, for 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (7, 9) + 10 = 26 damage.

...slamming into Thorax with surprising force, pushing him about like a rag-doll!

The Dead Hunger, Round 1:
ZB (-, -)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Bair
Thorax (-41)
Deshacerla
Mara

PZ (-, -)

Party is up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"MOMMY!!"

Thorax doesn't risk further abuse; he cautiously steps past Mara, then falls back to Deshacerla and patches himself up.

Battle Medicine: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 6) = 14

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Mer-Bair looks oddly at the other goblin as he retreats back to the old human, is dat his mommy dere?

But the complicated nuances of adopted goblin familial relationships quickly fade as the sees the hulking beasts bearing down upon Mara, "I goddago saveday!"

He moves forwards, testing the waters to see if the monstrosity retaliates against his subtle movements, and then unleashes a couple whacks at an oozing/rotting kneecap.

Stride, Strike Blue 2x

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 5 = 15 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thorax high-tails it out of direct harm, and soothes his bruises with an... unmentionable... 'Goblin poultice'.

Bair steps in, his first blow crushing Blue's right knee (although it barely seems to notice), and his second slamming into its abdomen.

Translation: Crit and Hit :-) Also, it definitely doesn't appear to be able to take AoOs ;-)

The Dead Hunger, Round 1:
ZB (-36, -)
Adalan
Dran'Thor

Bair
Thorax (-27)
Deshacerla
Mara

PZ (-, -)

Adalan, Dran'Thor, Deshacerla, and Mara are up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan's first instinct when the reanimated corpses attack is to unleash the fire of the scroll he carries, but he decides to wait for better positioning of the creatures. Instead, he blasts a trio of crackling magical pulses at the undead ogre being engaged by Bair.

Magic Missile Damage @Blue: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 4) + 3 = 12

Sovereign Court

Adalan's missiles slam into Blue, blowing satisfyingly large chunks of putrid flesh from its decomposing flank.

The Dead Hunger, Round 1:
ZB (-48, -)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Bair
Thorax (-27)
Deshacerla
Mara

PZ (-, -)

Dran'Thor, Deshacerla, and Mara are up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf reacts as quickly as he can. He casts an electric arc on both ogres.

Electric arc DC 18: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

on the phone

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor arcs electricity between the two ogres...

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22.

...the injured one sizzles and pops, whilst the other essentially ignores the damage.

The Dead Hunger, Round 1:
ZB (-60, -3)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Bair
Thorax (-27)
Deshacerla
Mara

PZ (-, -)

Deshacerla and Mara are up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Seeing that the creatures seemed too slow to retaliate against them while they moved, Mara runs around so she can take advantage of the ogre's vulnerable back.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (3) = 10

Stride, Stride, Strike Blue

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Her distaste for the undead beast traveling with them barely kept in check. Suddenly two more arrive?! The little gnome has had all she can bear.

"MORE ABOMINATONS?!"

Quickly moving to the side to get a better angle, she begins to chant a somewhat familiar tune at this point. A translucent shield appears randomly about Bair. "Kill it!"

Action 1: Stride
Action 2,3: Forbidding Ward on Bair vs Blue

Sovereign Court

Deshacerla starts to get quite worked up, but retains the presence of mind to ward Bair.

Mara then takes advantage of the distraction provided by Bair to stride forward, and shank Blue in the back, causing it to collapse to the ground in a pile of gore.

The two fungus-and-boil-encrusted corpses then stagger forward, targeting the closest warm body, which happens to be Mara...

Fist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11, for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage.
Fist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, for 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 = 18 damage.

...and whilst the first blow is easily dodged, the second catches her completely off guard!

Mara, you also need to roll a Fort save.

Red then staggers forward, and takes a swing at Bair...

Fist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21, for 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 damage.

...landing a painful blow.

The Dead Hunger, Round 2:
ZB (-3)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Bair (-10)
Thorax (-27)
Deshacerla
Mara (-18, please roll a Fort save...)

PZ (-, -)

Party is up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Ew, ew, ew..." Mara is not happy about being touched by the creepy boil-infested monsters. Not that she'd be happy about getting hit by the ogre either, but it would have been slightly less disgusting.

Plus there's the fact that blood is now running down her face and obstructing her vision. She should probably do something about that.

She lashes out at the creature that hit her, then decides discretion is the better part of valor and hides behind Bair while she bandages her injuries.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
S. Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Battle Medicine DC15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10

Strike, Stride, Battle Medicine.

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair manages to stutter through his pain, "Isallyas muddahs back dere or somedin?"

He yells a battle cry and rushes around behind the big one, "YALLGONNADIE!!!"

Rage (+4 Temp HP & AC 18), Sudden Charge attacking Red

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf moves forward and casts Gust of wind.

DC 18. The spell area includes all foes in a line.

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

Taking a deep breath, the odd gnome refocuses on the task. "Alright. Well this is quite enough."

Grasping her holy symbol, she holds it forward as a shield from the undead. "Bair, Mara, do what must be done. Pharasma grants you her favor in this fight."

Action 1: Reach Spell
Action 2-3: cast Disrupting Weapon (link) on Mara and Bair's weapon
You 2 due 1d4 extra positive energy damage vs undead now - lasts 1 minute


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Emboldened by the safety in numbers, Thorax spins around to flank the Ogre with Bair and Quickdraws/strikes twice!

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 + (5) = 19

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 4 = 19 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak: 2d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 + (5) = 14

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan advances to the bottom of the staircase, then rushes through an incantation and sweeps his arm out as if scattering seeds. A trail of slippery pinkish fluid appears on the ground under the various corpses as if painted by the abrupt movement of a giant, invisible brush.

Casting grease (DC 18).

Sovereign Court

Adalan causes bacon grease to appear under the feet of the zombies...

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19.
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15.
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20.

...but only one falls over.

Dran'Thor then moves forward, and lets loose with a blast of air...

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12.
Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.
Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13.

...which stops the corpses in their tracks.

Bair: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10.

Bair is unable to push through the Gust of Wind, forcing him to swing at the Ogre from the same side as the rest of the party.

He lands a blow, and something cracks, but the Ogre corpse barely notices.

Thorax then moves in, and starts swinging (sadly, with no flank); his first strike slices into its gut, spraying partially-liquefied entrails across the ground, and his second digs deeper into its bowels.

Deshacerla then channels the anger of Pharasma into Bair and Mara's weapons!

Mara takes a swing at the infested corpse in front of her, dealing a solid blow 1d4 ⇒ 4, before retreating to a safe distance, and bandaging her wound.

The two infested corpses move out of the Gust of Wind, and chase after Mara, but as one had to stand, only one gets in a swing...

Fist - Mara: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28, for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 damage.

...landing a solid blow!

...and provoking another Fort save.

The Ogre corpse then swings at Thorax...

Fist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26, for 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage.
Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18, for 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 damage.

...scoring a light tap on the battered Goblin.

The Dead Hunger, Round 3:
ZB (-68)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Bair (-10)
Thorax (-36)
Deshacerla
Mara (-20, Fort save, please...)

PZ (-31, -)

Party is up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

"Really? Really. You actually followed me here when I was just trying to heal up. A*#%$+$s."

Exceptionally frustrated, (and also in a great deal of pain), Mara swings wildly at the corpse before retreating again.

Shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
S. Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 4 = 11
S. Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Strike, Strike, Stride

Sovereign Court

Mara - Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11.

Mara's wound looks like it is festering...

Empowered by the divine fury of Pharasma, Mara's blade carves into the zombie in front of her 1d4 ⇒ 1, cutting through its torso like a hot knife through butter!

Unfortunately, her second swing goes wide, and she beats a hasty retreat.

The Dead Hunger, Round 3:
ZB (-68)
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Bair (-10)
Thorax (-36)
Deshacerla

Mara (-20, Festering Wound)
PZ (-31, -30)

Party (sans-Mara) is up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 12/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan steps up the stairs to cover Mara's withdrawal and finally uses his scroll to send a torrent of flame washing over the three hostile undead.

Burning Hands Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 with a DC 18 basic Reflex save.

"I would greatly appreciate it if in the future you would respect my colleague's medical efforts and refrain from interfering so rudely," he politely tells the hopefully immolated corpses in front of him as the fire dies down.

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10.
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20.
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21.

The closer festering corpse takes the full brunt of the blast of fire from Adalan, partially shielding the other two, but the small amount of flame that gets through is still more than enough to cause the heavily injured Ogre corpse to collapse to the ground with a noisome thud!

The Dead Hunger, Round 3:
Adalan
Dran'Thor
Bair (-10)
Thorax (-36)
Deshacerla

Mara (-20, Festering Wound)
PZ (-35, -39)

Dran'Thor, Bair, Thorax and Deshacerla are up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Acrobatics, Tumble Through: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Thorax rolls underneath the pinkish corpse (presumably) and strikes twice!

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Slashing: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 2) + 8 = 18

+1 striking shortsword: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 4 = 25
Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thorax tumbles forward, his first swing bisecting Pink's torso, before chopping Green's head off with his backswing!

Combat over!

I'm afraid that I can't update further, since for some reason, the document downloader on the Paizo website is not working for me at present (but *only* for this specific scenario; I am able to check others with nil issues). I will post more when I work out what is going wrong, or get home, and can access my archive.

Sovereign Court

With the hostile undead defeated, relative peace descends upon the area.

Searching around, the party finds, discarded or forgotten long ago, a pair of Goggles of Night sitting on the floor.

Additionally, behind the statue are scattered offerings: A Shark Tooth Charm, and a silver bowl decorated with a sea motif worth 19 gold pieces.

Now, you just need to work out how you are going to get Marcon through the playhouse!

Choices include:
Diplomacy or Performance, to convince the King that you know what you are doing.
Deception to hide Marcon's identity.
Stealth to sneak him through.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

For this task I trust our Gobelins and rogues squad.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Blood dripping down her face and limping heavily, Mara walks up to the (deader) corpse and kicks it. Twice. Where it's balls would have been if it had any. Feeling a little less frustrated, she then slowly makes her way to Thorax. "That...that was not fun. Not as bad as the tree, but not fun. Any chance you've got some extra bandages?" She glances down at her wounds, lips tightening as she sees the edges already starting to fester. "Then I think I'm going to need some serious recovery time."

She'd almost forgotten about Marcon in the heat of battle, and starts as she sees him standing next to Ulthun. "Oh. Right. We probably should cover you up or something." She sets her pack on the ground and digs through it, eventually producing a cloak which she throws at the ghast. "Here you go. Put the hood up. If anyone asks, you're one of the other mercenaries that decided to join us for fun and profits. Hopefully the goblins didn't bother counting how many people already left."

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Bair heals: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Mara heals: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

Thorax drinks both potions for: 2d8 + 5 + 1d8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 + (4) = 19

10 minutes Treating Wounds on Mara: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

10 minutes Treating Wounds on Thorax: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

Thorax admires Mara's work. "I think you good! And most Goblins don't know how to count anyways."

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair attempts to help Mara's bluff as they work their way out past the king dude, "Yeah, all sevenodus cleahed oudda monstah downdere."

Deception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Sovereign Court

Mara easily distracts the Goblins, who don't even notice the stench!

Consequently, you are able to sneak Marcon back to the Lodge with relative ease.

Upon reporting back to Drandle Dreng, he listens intently to your story and nods eagerly at all details, but the story of the undead prisoner causes him to stare wide‑eyed.

"I had heard rumors of ancient places beneath the city where living prisoners were entombed, but up until now did not have any direct evidence!"

He then nods to Marcon.

"I will make sure to find a place Marcon can safely tell his story; I can definitely help him evade detection until then. In the interim, I have many questions..."

So saying, he slowly walks Marcon away.

-------------------

After the party has a brief chance to rest, those who agreed to help the Goblins are summoned back to the Playhouse, whilst the rest of you have a chance focus on other projects, until it is time for your next mission!

Scenario over. I will put out chronicles when I get home from work tonight.

I will also start the Quest soon :-)

Sovereign Court

Commencing: Q3A: Grehunde's Gorget

Each of you receives a letter instructing you to catch a ship up to Karlsgard, in the Land of the Linnorn Kings; it quickly becomes apparent that Thorax is not joining you on this mission, but there is a new face in your midst to replace him!

The journey takes several hard weeks at sea, and you are quite happy to arrive back on solid ground, even if it is in the cold North.

Travelling to the Iceferry district, you are greeted by gnome named Lirall, who prominently wears a Wayfinder. After letting you into the Lodge, she selects one cord labelled “Office” from a bundle of coloured cords near the door. The loud howl from a dog echoes throughout the building, followed by a trio of scampering, blue‑skinned goblins dashing down the hall. A large husky bursts into the hallway, snarling at the goblins until a tall half‑orc emerges a moment later and lays a calming hand on her back. He gestures for the party to follow him into a meeting room, seemingly ignoring the goblins.

Venture‑Captain Bjersig Torrsen begins explaining the situation, his dog Mahki sitting attentively nearby. As he speaks aloud, the half‑orc punctuates his words with phrases in a sign language.

“Apologies for the ruckus. The Frostfurs are talented scouts, but they have an adversarial relationship with Mahki. She doesn’t particularly like them either.

To the reason I called you here! The Grenskuldr family traces their lineage back to the storied warrior Grehunde the Sun Chaser, a Linnorm King who ruled over the city of Jol and whose victories in battle were legendary. The family still has a lot of influence. I’ve asked them to help out the Society, and they’ve asked for a favour in exchange. That’s where you come in. Are you familiar with Valenhall?”

Adalan: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18.
Mara: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16.
Hannah: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.

Adalan and Mara know that Linnorm King Ulvass sailed to Arcadia in –473 AR and established Valenhall. Brave Ulfens dream of making the perilous journey there at the end of their lives. King Sveinn Blood-Eagle recently did exactly this.

“Grehunde the Sunchaser never got to sail off to Valenhall — she died in what she planned to be her last battle. Her gorget was passed down to her descendants, most recently Hlavard Grenskuldr, also a Linnorm King. Hlavard was an impressive warrior in his youth, but a month ago he sailed off toward Valenhall to set up a shrine to Grehunde there and finish her journey. He planned to ensure the gorget found its final home in a place of honor. Unfortunately, something happened to his ship, the Shoreseeker, along the way. Merchants report that the ship is still partially above water, but they didn’t get close enough to find out what happened. While his children respected Hlavard’s decision, they would rather not have their father’s body and the priceless family heirloom at the bottom of the sea. I’d like you to find the ship and retrieve Hlavard and the gorget. I’ve arranged a ship for you, the Wandering Hearth, to follow the Shoreseeker’s path through the Steaming Sea.”

He then smiles toothily.

“Any questions?”

Bair: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10.
Mara: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18.

Bair and Mara know that the Steaming Sea is named for the thick mist that hangs over the waters. Frequent volcanic activity from the Hellrung Mountains leads to the sudden formation of new islands and ridges.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Sister Hannah shivers occasionally and pulls her thin jacket close.

Must try to find some furs before we depart, or my first mission will be my last!

"Pardon me, Captain Torrsen, but would it be improper of me to inquire what sort of aid you were requesting from the Grenskuldr family?"

EDIT: Lol, only 2sp/9cp left; not enough for Winter Clothing =\

Sovereign Court

Torrsen's grin widens.

“I’ve asked them to get the Society invited to participate in a special event. Do well on this mission, and I’ll make sure you’re on the list!”

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

"Thank you for the offer, sir. I will do my best!" she tries to smile but chatters her teeth instead. "And who might we have the pleasure of captaining the Wandering Hearth?"

Sovereign Court

"The captain of the Wandering Hearth is Eynilla Vriggdahl, a larger-than-life Ulfen woman, who has been plying the sea lanes around here for decades. If any of you have any skill at sailing, she will probably put you to work, but other than that, she will most likely just ask you to stay out of the way."

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (6/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking 9 Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair boards the ship with amazement in his eyes, "SHIP MISSION!!!!" He stumbles along behind the group, barely keeping up as he looks around. He nods his head at the goblins once things are calmer, "How u doin? Dem dawgsrjerhks."

He listens to the briefing and turns to the shivering lady, "Sistah, ya be fahn. Steahmin seawahm."

I have no clue if this is going to be true and Bair is definitely wearing cold weather clothing. If the Captain suggests that it will actually be cold, Bair is willing to purchase Winter Clothing for Sister Hannah.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara tilts her head, curious. "You said the ship was still partially above water. Were there really no survivors to report what had happened? What makes you so sure Hlavard Grenskuldr is dead?"

Accidents at sea were common. Accidents that didn't sink the ship but still somehow killed everyone on board, including a Linnorm King, (who by definition would be no slouch at combat), were less so. Even an old warrior was still a warrior.

Anything that could take down a man who had once singlehandedly killed a linnorm was not something Mara was particularly eager to face.

She does look sympathetically at Sister Hannah as she shivers. "I'd say you get used to the cold, but...you really don't. Take missions further south when they're available, and otherwise just bundle up as best as you can. If you need a better coat or something just ask; I've got money to spare."

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,936 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.