GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


351 to 400 of 923 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Nothing that I can activate, since I am *still* flat-footed.

Gaius explodes in a shower of gore.

Thanks for the game, I guess?

I am afraid that I don't have another PC of the required level, so I will have to bow-out of the sequel...

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

*sigh* no breath of life after this :( Sorry Gaius :(

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Yeah, well, I did just eat (effectively) six attacks, all with sneak attack...


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)
Gaius Plinius Secundus wrote:

Nothing that I can activate, since I am *still* flat-footed.

Gaius explodes in a shower of gore.

Thanks for the game, I guess?

I am afraid that I don't have another PC of the required level, so I will have to bow-out of the sequel...

You are only unconscious.

Having downed his opponent the assassin directs the rest of his attacks against the enormous tiger but cannot penetrate his thick hide.

Round 1

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga

Saviya
Gaius - uncosncious and bleeding 7
Ambrose
Valrar
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius -6|131, 7 bleed, unconscious
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 63|150
Tortuga 121|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Xagon
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Who was targeted by the overwhelming presence spell? I'm not sure that everyone was close enough to target: one creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart. It's important because even if you make the save you are staggered for 1 round. Same targeting issue with Allie's haste, I suspect.

"No two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart" is not the same as "each target must be within 30 ft of another target". It doesn't chain from one target to the next. It means if any two creatures are more 30 ft apart then both cannot be a target of the spell regardless of other intervening targets.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

That is a good point, I had looked at the range but forgot the area. She would have left out Alie but can catch everyone else. Alie you can have your folio reroll back. You need to decide who will be included in haste.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I think I can get everyone except Shump, can’t i?

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump attacks the creature near him

attack: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (10) + 30 = 40

damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28

damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

last iterative

attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

@Alie, that looks fine

Shump lashes out at the enemy above him. Hirst first blow strikes true but as it does sickly black energy crawls down the blade and tries to wrap itelf around Shumps limbs but he is fine. Unfortunately the creature is rather nimble and the rest of his blows fail to connect.

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 31

Xagon takes 22 damage

Round 1

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius
Ambrose
Valrar
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius -6|131, 7 bleed, unconscious
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 63|150
Tortuga 121|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

I would use the immediate action to shock the crap out of the one who just hit me. empowered shocking grasp: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 3, 6) = 20+ 50%. So 30 electricty damage to the assassin that hit me.

"Bastard" Wynn says simply and fires a volley of arrows at pointblank range.

PBS, Point Blank Master, Clustered shot, rapid shot and haste

first arrow: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage

second arrow: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 damage
1d6 ⇒ 4 electricity damage

third arrow: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 damage
1d6 ⇒ 4 electricity damage

fourth arrow: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3 damage
1d6 ⇒ 6 electricity damage

fifth arrow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage

Critical hit confirmation on arrow #1

first arrow: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31
2d8 + 18 ⇒ (4, 5) + 18 = 27 damage
2d10 ⇒ (10, 7) = 17 shocking burst damage

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Am I missing something? Everyone except Allie is currently staggered, right? That means neither Shump nor Wynn should be able to take full attacks this round. I need to get this straight because my choice of actions will likely be very different if I have a full action vs not.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Tortuga is correct. I was staggered. So only the first arrow would have gone off. Luckily that was my critical hit.

Overwhelming Presence wrote:
A creature that makes the initial save to resist this spell is merely staggered for 1 round.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

sorry I didn't see that I was staggered

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Waiting for the residual effects of the spell to wear off Tortuga takes a defensive posture.

Spend 1 ki as a swift action for +4 dodge bonus to AC until the end of my next turn.

Standard action attack defensively (-4 to hit, +3 AC) using touch of serenity.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 24 - 4 = 25

On a hit DC 23 Will or the creature is unable to attack for 1 round.

Current AC = 47, touch 38, CMD 58


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Thanks for the catch on stagger. I also totally forgot Blur. Wynn ignores it with improved precise strike but Shump has to deal with it.

Wynn shocks his attacker and then shoots him in the face. The arrow tears through the mans cheek, ripping flesh and exposing bone. He cries out in great pain. Unfortunately the shocking grasp fails to get through his resitance to spells.

Confirmed crit for 43 physical damage and 20 electrical. The shocking grasp needs to deal with his SR whhich I have rolled to save time.

Tortuga strikes out at his opponent but the creature is much too quick for him.

The many copies of the woman on the balcony fly forward and done, hovering above the group 15' in the air. You may not bow down before me but now you will understand the folly of your situation she says as she invokes another powerful spell. Wynn and Alie both recognise it as Blasphemy.

Again I am gojng to pause here in case people want to do something with their saves, whether use a class ability (assuming you can if you are flatfooted) or folio reroll

Combat rolls:

Shump, blur, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 40
Shocking Grasp SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Alie Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 2 = 35
Wynnreyell Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Blasphemy SR, the ambassador: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Bpasphemy saves
Alie: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 = 32, +2 vs illusions
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23, +2 vs fear and enchantments
Shump: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28, Immune charm, disease, fear
Tortuga: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23, +2 vs enchantments, +2 vs spells, SLAs, poison
Gaius: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25, +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31, +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
Ambassador: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15, SR24
Ambassador vs banishment effect: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8, SR24
Eylysia: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Round 1

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius
Ambrose
Valrar
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius -6|131, 7 bleed, unconscious
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 63|150
Tortuga 121|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), 63 damage
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

What is Eylysia doing, GM? Is she fighting on their side, our side, or just hiding?


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Nothing yet as she hasnt acted and she failed the save against Overwhelming Presence so she is protrate on the ground worshipping the Mantis woman.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Unable to be caught flat-footed, so I'll use a Charmed Life to get +5 for 24.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie is going to keep her current save roll.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Nothing I can do for this one.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Everyone passes except for Eylysia and the Ambassador

With a popping sound the Ambassador vanishes, dismissed back to his home real. The rest of the group find themselves assailed and weakened while Eylysia goes pale and crumples flat on the ground.

Everyone reduces their strength score by 4 for the next 5 rounds, Eylysia reduces by 9. It doesnt give me a full stat block for her but given she is a gnome caster she isnt likely to be doing much.

Gaius bleeds heavily where he lies.

I am happy for Sir Ambrose to take actions independently, I assume he would likely have been guarding you. For everyone else it is very apprent that unless someone does something soon Gaius will die as he is bleeding heavily.

Combat rolls:

Blasphemy str penalty: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Duration: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Round 1

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius
Ambrose
Valrar

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius -13|131, 7 bleed, unconscious
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 63|150
Tortuga 121|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), 63 damage
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Very weakened, Valrar is put in mind of the last time he died. More so with every second. He fumbles a pair of gloves from his pack and calls in a favor.

Drawing my First Aid Gloves. I've got one hand left. Plus a bunch of inapplicable boons. Only one that can heal us all works if I go under 0. I can use this boon below if needed.

Unravel Magic Boon:
You have friends who know their way around magic. Check the box that precedes this boon as a swift action. A Pathfinder ally briefly enters the fight and casts dispel magic, with a caster level equal to your character level. If your character level is at least 13 when you activate this boon, your ally can cast greater dispel magic instead.

I was thinking an area dispel, maybe centered near Shump. That would get rid of his Freedom of Movement, though. It could do something about whatever weird thing Saviya is doing, flight included. I don't know how it interacts with a targeted dispel. Thoughts?


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Saviya is flying because she has weird dragonfly like wings as do the two assassins. Who knows what is keeping the other two things in the air but it doesnt seem like a spell

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Since I don't know how the copies work, I'll go with the area dispel unless Shump has an objection. Should hit Eylysia and all the Saviyas but White. Here's the roll:

CL: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Bah.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Unfortunately that check doesnt dispel anything. Just Sir Ambrose to act for this round.

Round 1

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius
Ambrose
Valrar

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius -13|131, 7 bleed, unconscious
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 63|150
Tortuga 121|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), 63 damage
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

With a roar, Sir Ambrose partial charges Blue!

Bite, Haste, Partial Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 33, for 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 Holy damage.
Blur (High=Hit): 1d100 ⇒ 99.
Bite, Haste, Partial Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 27, for 1d8 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 Holy damage.
Blur (High=Hit): 1d100 ⇒ 24.
Claw, Haste, Partial Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 43, for 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9 Holy damage.
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 32, for 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22 *ADDITIONAL* damage.
Blur (High=Hit): 1d100 ⇒ 38.
Claw, Haste, Partial Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 28, for 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 Holy damage.
Blur (High=Hit): 1d100 ⇒ 29.
Rake, Haste, Partial Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 25, for 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 Holy damage.
Blur (High=Hit): 1d100 ⇒ 39.
Rake, Haste, Partial Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 20 + 1 + 2 = 25, for 1d6 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23 damage, +2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 Holy damage.
Blur (High=Hit): 1d100 ⇒ 34.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Sir Ambrose leaps after one of the enemies attacking his allies. As he leaps away the enemy hovering over his master lashes out but he is too quick for him. Landing next to the other floating mantis assassin he tears him into bloody strips of ragged flesh.

Blue assassin is very dead. Only the first bite and the claw crit actually connect. Bear in mind Sir Ambrose has 4 less strength currently.

Eylysia remains comatose on the floor, worshipping the flying mantis priestess.

Xagish continues his assault on Tortuga. The first two claw attacks rip into him but he again manages to maintain his sense of self.

Tortuga takes 32 damage

Xagon continues to rake Shump who is similarly rakes and shredded but he also holds himself together.

Shump takes 39 damage. It is just as well they are hitting people with good fort saves as the rider on this is nasty. Both then 5' step down to ground levdel, possibly to set up a flank with their remaining mantis ally.

Combat Rolls:

Red, OA: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Eylysia save vs overwhelming prsence: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Xagish full attacks Tortuga

Claw 1, haste, height: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Negative: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 4) = 12
Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Claw 2, haste, height: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Negative: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 5, 1) = 14
Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Claw 3, haste, height: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Negative: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 4) = 17
Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Xagon full attacks Shump

Claw 1, haste, height: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Negative: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 2, 6) = 15
Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Claw 2, haste, height: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Negative: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1) = 19
Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Claw 3, haste, height: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Negative: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 3) = 10
Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Round 2

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius - unconscious, bleeding 7
Ambrose
Valrar
Eylysia

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius -13|131, 7 bleed, unconscious
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 24|150
Tortuga 89|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), DEAD
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie grabs her Rod of Piercing, and tries again to make the surviving assassin pause in its attacks on poor Gaius and the others.

Caster level check with Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration and rod of Piercing 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 24

Alie casts Hold Monster. DC 26 Will to Resist.

Using that folio reroll for real this time.

Caster level check take two 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 43


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Drawing the rod means you cannot use it this turn as it becomes a full round action sadly. The reroll however blows through his spell resistance.

The mantis warrior shrugs off Alies attempt to paralyse him without too much trouble.

The remaining assassin swoops down to Shump, seeking to put an end to the powerful warrior and free up his ally to continue his rampage on the squishier members of the group. Unfortunately for him Shumps armour is simply too substantial to land any sort of telling blow.

Combat rolls:

Mantis will save: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Red moves to flank Shump and makes a single attack

Sabre, flank, haste: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Sneak: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 3, 1, 4, 3) = 22
Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Round 2

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga

Saviya
Gaius - unconscious, bleeding 7
Ambrose
Valrar
Eylysia

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius -13|131, 7 bleed, unconscious
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 24|150
Tortuga 89|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), DEAD
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga knew something needed to change quickly. He pulled away from the creature attacking him. AC 48 vs AoO

He touched Gaius with his glove causing all the sapphires on that hand to dim and then crack....

Breath of Life: 5d8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 2, 7, 6, 6) + 9 = 32

Will spend more ki to increase my AC if attacked again (AC 44)

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

I Believe you forgot to bold me this round

Wynnreyell calls in a favor that he gained defending against a siege of serpents. Swift action to use a chronicle #23. Check a box beside pathfinder excellence, resilience. It grants me d8 plus twice character level of temp hit point.

temp hit points: 1d8 + 28 ⇒ (4) + 28 = 32

PBS, Point-blank Master, improved precise shot, clustered shot, rapid shot, haste and strength penalty
Wynn then takes aim at Xagish and fires another volley of arrows.

arrow #1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (9) + 23 = 32
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage

arrow #2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 damage
1d6 ⇒ 2 electricity damage

arrow #3: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage

arrow #4: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 damage
1d6 ⇒ 4 electricity damage

arrow #5: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 damage
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 damage
1d6 ⇒ 5 electricity damage

critical confirmation on arrow #4: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
2d8 + 14 ⇒ (1, 8) + 14 = 23 damage
2d10 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 electricity damage


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The creature lashes out at Tortuga as he jumps away but he is just too nimble for it. Reaching Gaius he pumps healing energy into him. Gaius slowly rouses back to consciousness but realises that he is still bleeding! The blood that pours from his wounds is draining away into the channels carved into the floor.

This is a unique effect in the scenario and a change to the usual rules.

Wynn launches a volley of arrows at Xagish, three of the connect but this just seems to make the creature more angry and it turns and growls at him.

Xagish takes 61 damage, the crit does not confirm.

Combat rolls:

OA, haste: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Round 2

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius - bleeding 7
Ambrose
Valrar
Eylysia

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125, 13 temp HP
Gaius 19|131, 7 bleed
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 24|150
Tortuga 89|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104, 32 temp HP

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), DEAD
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish 61 damage
Eylysia Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump attacks the assassin.

attack: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (14) + 30 = 44

damage: 1d10 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + (4, 1) = 21

attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

damage: 1d10 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + (6, 4) = 22

attack: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

damage: 1d10 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (10) + 10 + (5, 4) = 29

attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

damage: 1d10 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + (5, 4) = 26


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Shump, you strength is currently reduced by 4, please make sure to include in your rolls.

Shump strikes out at the assassin threatening him. The first blow is a solid connect and again black energy crawls down the weapon and tries to weaken him but Shump is made of sterner stuff than that. The second blow looks like it is striking true but cuts through empty air.

The assassin takes 19 damage. The second attack misses ue to blur

Combat rolls:

Blur, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 41
Blur, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 11

Shump, fortitude: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

1d6 ⇒ 2

Round 2

Xagish
Xagon
------------------------
Alie
------------------------
Red Mantis
------------------------
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
------------------------
Saviya
------------------------
Gaius - bleeding 7
Ambrose
Valrar
------------------------
Eylysia

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125, 13 temp HP
Gaius 19|131, 7 bleed
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 24|150
Tortuga 89|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104, 32 temp HP

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), 19 damage
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), DEAD
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish 61 damage
Eylysia Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

I will post Saviyas actions shortly when I have decided what she is doing


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Raising her hands Saviya once again brings the power of Akachek to bear in the Temple. Fools you face the full power of the Blood God and I, his High Priestess shall send you all into the Great Beyond. Prepare to face death!

With that flames rush throughout the room, engulfing everyone!

Both Alie and Wynn recognise this as Firestorm. Given it is shapeable she hits all of the party and misses her allies entirely. Your rolls are in the spoiler below. I will give people until tomorrow evening to see if they want to do anything about any of them. Gaius is listed as having fire resist 10, if anyone else has any resist please let me know.

Combat rolls:

Spellcraft
Alie: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 2 = 27
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Reflex saves versus Firestorm
Alie: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Valrar: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27, evasion
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Shump: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Tortuga: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (12) + 24 = 36, improved evasion
Gaius: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36, fire resist 10 - where is this from?
Gaius, you list yourself as having SR20, where is this from?
Gaius SR: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37, improved evasion
Eylysia: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

using reroll

Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

To answer your questions: The Fire Resistance 10 comes from Haagenti's Blessing, and the SR 20 comes from my Scarab of Protection.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

I'll keep my roll.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)
Gaius Plinius Secundus wrote:
The SR 20 comes from my Scarab of Protection.[/ooc]

Ok, bear in mind this affects the groups spells as well. I will allow the haste and breath of life to srand (both would require SR checks despite being harmless). If anyone drops any other spells or buffs on Gaius please make sure to check for SR. It will not affect your own spells.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

True, but it would also have affected the Overwhelming Presence, so.... *shrug* Frankly, at this tier, it is essentially nothing.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

It would but at SR20 she is rather unlikely to fail. Here you go.

SR, overwhelming presence: 1d20 ⇒ 18

For actually cast spells it makes little difference but the gloves for example, are caster level 9

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Well, in that case...

SR, Haste: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24.
SR, Breath of Life: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Theres nothing Alie can do about that spell. Blech!


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

I believe Gaius is now able to help out with some rerolls. Shump is obviously rather badly hurt already before he takes the firestorm.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Gaius has a ring of evasion listed at the bottom of his sheet. Hopefully he's actually wearing that.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynn will keep the roll.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

GM Andrew's killed one of my PCs already he's gunning for 2 :)


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)
Shump fighter wrote:
GM Andrew's killed one of my PCs already he's gunning for 2 :)

I am honestly not but high level play can tend towards the rather swingy.

Fire engulfs the group, fortunately many of you are rather evasive and Tortuga, Sir Ambrose, Valrar and Gaius are unscathed. Alie screams as she takes the full damage while Wynn ducks some of the blast. Shump however groans and collapses to the ground, becoming very still.

She follows up with another quickened spell, directing this at Valrar. Both Alie and Wynn recognise it as Murderous Command.

Pausing here again to see if anyone wants to do anything about Valrars save.

Combat rolls:

Firestorm: 17d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 4, 2, 5, 4, 1, 2, 6, 3, 5, 2, 2, 3, 6, 6) = 59

Spellcraft
Alie: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Valrar will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Round 2

Xagish
Xagon
------------------------
Alie
------------------------
Red Mantis
------------------------
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
------------------------
Saviya
------------------------
Gaius - bleeding 7
Ambrose
Valrar
------------------------
Eylysia

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 79|125, on fire
Gaius 19|131, 7 bleed
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump -25|150, on fire
Tortuga 89|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104, 3 temp HP

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), 19 damage
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), DEAD
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish 61 damage
Eylysia 29 damage, Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Uh oh. I'll pop a Charmed Life for 21 Will. Hope Sir Ambrose has fortification!


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Fortunately her DCs are not very high

Valrar manages to throw off the desire to murder Sir Ambrose.

Gaius continues to bleed but is now conscious and able to act.

Round 2

Xagish
Xagon
------------------------
Alie
------------------------
Red Mantis
------------------------
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
------------------------
Saviya
------------------------
Gaius - bleeding 7
Ambrose
Valrar

------------------------
Eylysia

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste (except Shump), strength reduced by 4 (5|5)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 79|125, on fire
Gaius 12|131, 7 bleed
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump -25|150, on fire
Tortuga 89|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 65|104, 3 temp HP

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), 19 damage
Blue Mantis (BLUR) Used (MHP), DEAD
Xagon 22 damage
Xagish 61 damage
Eylysia 29 damage, Prone, helpless, strength reduced by 9

351 to 400 of 923 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.