GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


501 to 550 of 923 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

if I'm ok I'll channel to heal Gaius and anyone else?

"I sure feel beat up and need fixing"

channel: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 6) = 16


The scenario is over at this point baring getting more info from Eylysia so we can just assume you all fully heal over time. Getting outside allows Gaius to stop the bleeding. Its really about what you learn from Eylysia now as she is why you came here. Shump's negative levels are also only temporary, they will go away tomorrow and Wynn's wisdom damage will also repair itself.

Investigating the shrine once you are all up and about discovers that it is protected by an unhallow spell linked to a dimensional anchor. Fortunately that never came into play (unlike the last time I ran this with a dimensional assult using monk who was very sad). You are however able to either dispel or remove it by destroying the statue which also stops the mantis statues and the bleeding from the walls.

In case anyone was interesed during Time Stop Saviya cast Mislead, quickened Spiritual Weapon, Nondetection, Blade Barrier and Divine Power.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Can we try and get more info from Eylysia? I'm interested OOC about the background and the Torch plot line.


You certainly can, ask her whatever you want, you are out of combat now and the area is secure

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump sheaths his sword, sits down on a nearby log and turns to the gnome.

"You said a "great evil (was) lurking behind one of the Decemvirate masks." What did you mean by that? Why would Torch attack the Grand Lodge? And why are you allied with him?"

He also detects evil.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie also jumps in. ”I didn’t believe you and I’m sorry. I think you proved today that you aren’t the evil person you were made out to be. Tell us more about Torch. I’ve always
Thought he was icky. I might be wrong about him, too.”


You detect no evil

Torch has a long and complicated history, much of which I find distasteful. We do, however agree one key point, we cannot blindly place our trust in the Decemvirate. In recent years, Torch and I have confirmed that the member of the Decemvirate in the triple-spired mask in fact an agent of the Whispering Way. For centuries, he has held the helm while overseeing several fake transitions to maintain his hold on power. Now that the Whispering Tyrant is once again free, he has grown more active than ever. Something big is in the works.

She pauses and sighs a little. Once, the creature behind the mask was a warrior of the Shining Crusade, a bold halfling named Vahlo Huovar. Vahlo was transformed into an undead creature long ago, however, and he now serves as an agent of the Whispering Tyrant.

Shaking her head she continues, Vahlo must be stopped. I recommend you return to Absalom. Whether you disagree with Grandmaster Torch, believe in his vision, or just want to ensure Vahlo doesn’t bring the Society toppling down with the city as its pyre, the Society would be stronger with you there.

As a small reminder, you were sent on thsi mission by the Decemvirate member who wears the triple spired mask.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie’s eyes flashed bright with rage. ”I don’t appreciate being lied to. And used as someone’s pawn. I’m going back and I’m going to stop this. Are the rest of you with me?Ely , we’ve probably blown your cover too. You want to go with us?”

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump scratches his chin. "Hmmm it appears something great than Torch is that work here. I say we unmask this halfling and see for ourselves. If Torch is working against the Whispering Tyrant then he's our ally"

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius nods thoughtfully.

"Torch has, at times, been a thorn in the side of the Society, but the Tyrant is a world-level threat... and I am a firm believer that the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Let's get to the bottom of this!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Eylysia grins rather grimly, The enemy of your enemy may be your friend but Ven's history is complicated, as are his reasons. Although I know he suffered at the Decemvirate’s hands, reform has driven him for years. Even so, I don’t believe he’s ever given up on wanting revenge
against the Decemvirate, and learning Vahlo’s identity six years ago only provided him a name and justification. Ven may have the Society’s best interests at heart, but his strategies...I can’t approve of his approach. But I can’t condemn him for striking at the Grand Lodge and trying to stop Vahlo—not when the Whispering Tyrant is awake once more

She slowly lowers herself to the ground. This task falls to you my friends, I am too old and frail for such a journey and I remain under sanction from the Society. If I were to come with you it would merely complicate matters. Vahlo has been at the heart of the Society for centuries, pulling strings as part of the Decemvirate. All previous attempts we have made to try and warn people have failed. I cannot go with you but you have my heartfelt thanks that you have listened and my hope that you will now act.

And with that you have pretty much everything you need to know to go into Part 2. Congratulations, you have completed the scenario and earned all the rewards barring a single boon that required you to take pretty severe efforts to locate and corner Torch. In tier gold is 22000gp, out of tier is 32000gp, chronicles will be made available over the weekend.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

"I only remember meeting Torch the once. But I've always heard he tried to do good by Pathfinders, even if it meant using problematic methods. And I am here to protect the Society." Valrar grins in Shump's direction, wondering how he feels about being pulled out of harm's way by a Lamashtan.

"Have you any idea how many previous attempts at this unmasking there have been?"


Eylysia smiles and looks a little regisned. Several dearie but they have all failed. Vahlo has been entrenched at the heart of the society for as long as it has existed. While a few might hve believed our claims no-one important enough to do somethign about it would. Perhaps you will have better luck.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

"Why must everything be so difficult." Wynn says shaking his head. "Maybe I am more like Torch than I once thought...He was right" Wynn says thinking out loud after realizing what Torch had said last time he met with him.


Having learned as much as you can on Mediogalti Island the group returns to Absalom. Sailing back into the harbour the place is in chaos. Hunndreds of people, mostly families, line the docks desperately trying to buy passage out of Absalom to anywhere that isnt here. You quickly learn that the City is under siege, again! This time the ancient Lich Tar Baphon has brought a massive army of undead to right outside the walls. The whole City is on high alert and, while he has not yet attacked, most seem to believe an attack is imminent.

Pushing through the crowds at the docks the rest of the City is rather quiet, people are barricading themselves in their homes. You meet a few patrols of heavily armed guards or groups moving provisions to the walls for the impending attack.

Reaching the Grand Lodge you find the gates are sealed shut, which is unusual. A quick bit of reconnaisence suggests that the grounds are very quiet, nothing is moving inside the Lodge. You are quickly contacted by a Pathfinder Agent lurking nearby.

Hey there, you lot look important. Not sure whats going on, the Lodge has been locked up tight for hours. Most people are off in Lastwall anyway. Captian Petelunegro has taken charge of the remaining agents in the City, she has a base back where it all began, you should probably make contact with her. She's set me to keeping an eye on the gates here.

Realising that he means the Wounded Wisp you head to the nearby Inn. Inside the place is busy with Pathfinders coming and going. You quickly locate Venture Captain Eliza Petelunegro who smiles as you arrive. You bring good news I hope? Eliza asks with a sigh. Misfortune never seems to spare Absalom, as you may have noticed from the undead army waiting outside the walls. The city awaits reinforcements before sallying out to attack, and most of the Society is far north seeking out the Whispering Tyrant’s secret weapon beneath Gallowspire. Hopefully, all this will weaken the lich and shatter his armies.

That leaves the Grand Lodge nearly empty. And for hours now, it’s been on lockdown with no word in or out. No word from Ambrus, no word from Kreighton Shaine, nothing from the Decemvirate. I’ve organized the few other Pathfinders outside the Grand Lodge to keep an eye on it in shifts, and it’s clear something’s not right. My divinations struggle to perceive the campus, and it’s very rare for the main gates to close as they have. The agents I have here? They’re capable, but I need help breaking into the Grand Lodge, identifying what’s wrong, and neutralizing any possible threat.

She is about to say more before pausing and awkwardly changing subjects. So welcome home. Hopefully your recent travels were less foreboding? And if you have any information to contribute, I’m eager to learn more.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Nothing good, Im afraid. One of the Decimvirate sent us to kill Grandmaster Torch, we found Eylyesia, the gnome, who told us that Vahalo, the one who sent us on the mission was a grave knight. Oh, and Torch is planning on attacking the Society grounds. That’s about the long and short of it.”

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

"I wasn't sure we should be so up front. But I couldn't think of a better way to put it, so..." Valrar shrugs. "Apologies for implying secrets kept, Ms. Petulengro. But we wouldn't have bought Eylysia's story without good reason, which she provided."

"So we're to break in? Considering these developments, our two problems could be connected. Not to mention whatever Torch is plotting, if not this. If we meet, maybe he can be dissuaded from causing trouble, or gotten to do so with us."


Eliza seems briefly shocked, A graveknight? She pauses and tries to choose her words carefully. The Decemvirate helms can hide anyone’s identity and auras, even the fact that someone’s wearing the helm at all. What’s more, it’s never publicized who replaces a retiring member of the Decemvirate. That an undead mastermind could hide within the Society for so long shouldn’t come as a surprise, but it’s a shock nonetheless that one did. And it would explain some of the foul orders thought to come from the Ten.

She slums into her seat, Torch is like my homeland of Galt, a wounded person seeking justice through dangerous means. I find I’m conflicted about how to handle him. The Decemvirate’s always cautioned against attacking him, though, speculating he held some secret weapon against them. And only one of the Ten met with you? That’s strange.

She trails off.

Shump and Tortuga both get the sense that Eliza knows more than she is letting on.

Seemng to steel herself she continues, Yes, I can believe that Torch would attack the Grand Lodge. But even if you’re right, there must be something more going on to justify his closing the Gates. Let there be no doubt, though, Torch’s infiltration could cause untold damage to the Society’s property, personnel, and reputation, and his gambit might have even deeper ramifications.

She stands, seeming to come to a resolution.

I know that learning about what might be happening in the Grand Lodge isn’t comforting. We have two possible threats, Grandmaster Torch and the rogue Decemvirate member Vahlo. They’re both dangerous, but where we know that Torch is engaged in mischief, Vahlo’s schemes are certainly more malevolent. The plan is largely the same, get into the Grand Lodge, pave the way for possible reinforcements, reestablish control of the campus, keep an eye out for survivors, identify what’s going on, and put a stop to any devious plans. If he’s among the most senior of the Ten, Vahlo knows the ins and outs of the whole Grand Lodge, as well as how to access its most powerful secrets and artifacts. What he’s secured might provide clues as to what he’s planning and where to intercept him.

Last thing, until and unless I think we don’t have any other choice, we’re keeping this quiet. The Society’s accumulated many evil artifacts, vile secrets, and other skeletons best kept buried deep in our closets where they’re safe. If Vahlo and Torch are parading those around, Absalom’s guards would be as likely to misinterpret and condemn the Society as fight alongside us. Our aim is to solve Pathfinder problems with Pathfinders, not get the Society kicked out of the city.

There’s little time to waste. Any questions?

GM rolls:

Shump: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Tortuga: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”How do we contact and update you on our progress? I assume we are going to be really busy straightening out the campus,”


Eliza nods at Alie, A good question. I will remain here and coordinate our efforts with the other Pathfinders outside the Grand Lodge, contacting the Pathfinders in Ustalav for any possible reinforcements, and putting a few city officials on alert in case things get out of control here. My agents will keep an eye on the Lodge. If it seems you have control of the main campus, I’ll send in some of these agents to help keep control.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Are we healed up and rested?

"Eliza no offense but is there something you're not letting on? And has anyone spoken to Grandmaster Torch? He might be confronting the threat from Vahlo."


Eliza shakes her head. This mission to elimiate Torch, now, concerns me. I have met half of the members of the Decemvirate on multiple occasions but, they have always seemed conflicted about what to do about Torch. Why now? As for Torch, no, we have not spoken to him. Any attempt to magically contact him has always failed and I dont actually know where he is. You say he is due to attack the Lodge so he is probably here in Absalom, he may well be in the Lodge already. This makes your mission even more urgent.

Yes, this is a new regular adventure. You start fully healed with all of your resrouces available to you. You may make purchases before we start properly but after this the chance is very remote. No spells or effects from the previous adventure carry over so, for example, all of Gaius's long duration spells must use todays spell slots.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

"I recall those gates are pretty sturdy, but well do our best to break in."

No purchases for Tortuga.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie couldn’t think of anything else to do. They already had quite a list...1. Slay the grave knight, 2. Stop Torch, and 3. Get the grounds under control ASAP.

I think that’s the list. anyone have anything I’ve missed that we need to handle?


OK, I will give people until 24 hours from now to ask any final questions and make any last minute preparations then move you to just outside the main Gates. Let me know what, if any, prebuffs you are applying before you enter the Grand Lodge.

I will add a number 4. Do all of this quietly without attracting undue attention from the public or the Absalom guards.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Before heading in, Alie will use her lesser extend wand on Mage Armor, False Life and Heroism.

False Life temp HP 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Mage Armor and False Life Will last all day when extended. Extended Heroism will last almost 6 1/2 hours by my math.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

Huh, my post got eaten.

"No further questions from me. We should get this done quickly." Valrar pulls out his long-unused medlance, filling it with a potion of Displacement.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

At the start of the day. Wynn will cast an empowered shocking grasp into his armor. Using an empowered metamagic rod. Will go ahead an mark both off in his character sheet.

Quite the list. No questions from me."Wynn says shaking his head.


Alie Saechel wrote:
Extended Heroism will last almost 6 1/2 hours by my math.

At CL14 extended heroism will last 280 minutes, so just over 4.5 hours

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Sigh....that’s why I went to law school instead of medical school. Stupid math makes me sad!


The group makes their way through Absalom back to the Grand Lodge. The gates remain firmly shut. The walls rise up some thirty feet and the gates are widely renowned as a marvel of engineering. Of course, for a party such as yourselves a simple thirty foot high wall and some metal gates present no real obstacle. You could trivially fly over the walls, teleport into the grounds or simply climb over.

The challenge here is to effect an entry into the Lodge which lets the other Pathfinders into the grounds and which does so quietly, without attracting attention. The streets are relatively quiet given the impending invasion but still groups of heavily armed guards pass by relatively often. They largely ignore you, having more important things to do, but if you were, for example, to leave a giant hole in the wall or smash down the gate it is likely that would get reported to someone and draw attention.

OK, what do you do? Eliza wants you to get into the Lodge but leave a way in for her agents which doesn't involve a lot of damage or draw undue attention.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Okay, let’s think about this. Eliza wants to be able to get guards into the Lodge. The only way for them to do that is for us to get in there and figure out how to open the gates. And of course, I don’t think we should break them, as that might draw the attention to the Society she is trying to avoid. Any thoughts?”

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga will activate his ki to toughen his skin (barkskin: 150 mintutes)

"I'm used to doing things the noisy way."

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Does everyone have a way to fly? I can cast a Fly Spell on you, if you don’t.”


The gates can be opened from the outside although they are clearly locked. Someone would need to pick the lock to get them open quietly or provide some other way to bypass them.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump turns to Allie. "I have a potion but a spell would work." then Tortuga "I'm used to the noisy way too!" He looks at his plate armor.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

"This'll probably be an easier application of the quiet way. But I would hope Petulengro's 'capable' agents could fly too." Valrar has no ideas for getting agents through, besides carving a very small hole in the gate. "Is the door magical at all? Reinforced, perhaps?"

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie shakes her head and grins ”You boys were never mischievous when you were younger, were you? With a lock, you’ve got two choices....either pick it, or gently pop the lock. The lock might break with the latter, but it would be relatively silent as co oared to taking an axe to the gate.”

Alie didn’t allow time for the others to ask about her past exploits as she blushed just a bit. ”Can any of you pick locks, or cast Knock? If not, I think we’ll have to pop it. That Hand spell I have is pretty strong. Maybe if two or three of you help, we can gently pop it open.”

Thats all I can think of. Any other ideas?


A strength check could force them open or you could physically attack the gates. I would allow the hand to make such a check.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Alright boys, let’s get to it. Raise your hand if you want a Fly spell cast on you. Speak now and let’s do this.”

If you only have one potion of Fly, I’d rather cast a spell since we might need you all able to Fly later. Let me know.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

I have fly prepared as well. And I have knock in my spell book, I would have to use my arcane bond to use it though. And it would only work on mechanical locks. If it is a magical or arcane lock, Alie, you may have to dispel it.

Wynn nods and cast his fly spell.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

Valrar lets his armor carry him aloft, and the Ambassador floats up as well.


The locks are mechanical however PF nock is no longer an automatics success. You do get to make a caster level check with a +10 bonus to open the lock

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynn will fly up and over. If the coast is clear, he will cast knock, pulling power from his ring.

Again only if the coast is clear. The others will have to provide a distraction. I do not think the guards would want us ending their lock down.

knock: 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 10 = 34 Well, I can not do too much better than that


Just as a note, it isnt clear who has sealed the Gates. Normally that is something a Decemvirate member or someone like Ambrus Valsin could do. It is unusual

Wynn slips inside the gatehouse and brings his magic to bear on the massive metal gates. His effect is a powerful one but they remain stubbornly locked.

What do you do?

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie joins in casting Fly on herself and any others who request it. She jumps over and joins Wynn. Upon seeing that the spell failed, she waits for the other boys to arrive.

”Okay, I’m going to try to pop the lock with my grasping hand spell. It also can push things really hard. Could a couple of you stronger types give the spell an assist and push as hard as you can too, please?”

Once the group was prepared, she casts her spell.

Bull Rush 1d20 + 14 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 10 + 1 = 26

Probably need an assist from everyone that can give it to have a chance. If it doesn’t work, I can try to cast it again.


The Gates groan as the hand pushes against them but on its own it is not quite enough.

People can assist if they wish but I need to see a roll

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

Valrar shifts into his usual form to push, laughably weak without a sword but still helping.

CMB Aid: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


The gates groan, the metal creaks but it is still holding....

Others can assist

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump tries.

STR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Gods preserve us I'm breaking into the Grand Lodge

501 to 550 of 923 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.