GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


101 to 150 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Cast Heroism on Gaius too. Waiting to see his dispel check.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Ditto here. But:

If Gaius isn't successful:
Valrar keeps to himself, making his way through the courtyard. He pulls down a hood that suddenly appeared on his cloak, puts his head down, and starts juggling several blades. He tosses them slightly ahead of where he is, to keep his forward movement going and eyes away from him.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The third attempt gets it

With the brand dispelled the group makes its way across the courtyard. It's a tense few minutes, surrounded by dozens of cultists of Akacheck. If anyone recognises you things are likely to go south very quickly. Entering the Pagoda you find a wide open ground floor. Four tall archways lead to staircases heading down into the bowels of the building.

Wall murals depict worshippers descending the staircases, entering a water filled chamber and prostrating themselves before a strange, globulous creature covered in blinking eyes of various different sizes. Gaius recognises the creature as some type of aberration which might be capable of draining a person of their memories but not much more. Regardless, it seems that the answers that you need will be found in the depths of the Pagoda.

Dice rolls:

Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Gaius: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
Ambassador: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24

Unfortunately none of you quite hit the DC allthough I am treating it as rare as it is a variant creature.

As you pick a staircase to descend all sound fades away. Your boots make no noise on the steps, your equipment does not jangle or clink and when you try to speak nothing is heard. It seems the stairs are permanently silenced. They descend far into the depths of the earth, well outside of your vision.

What do you do? There are four staircases, each goes to the same place. I assume you are heading down. If so please put yourselves into a marching order on the roll20 page. You could split up and take different stairs if you wanted to. The stairs are 10' wide and very steep. I have put up a handout with a picture of the creature in the murals.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynn waits for everyone to pass, taking up the rear guard positions. The silence is intriguing, but heads down stairs.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Would someone put Alie in the next to last position in the marching order, please? Just in front of Wynn.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

As the silence sets in, Valrar motions to the Ambassador, which is floating as high up as the stairs allow. It projects a mental image of the team, complete with thought bubbles which the aeon passes through. It grows its own bubble, which transmits down to the cartoonish party members. A roundabout but necessary of saying communication is still possible.

Envisaging:
Aeons communicate wordlessly, almost incomprehensibly. Caring little for the wants and desires of other creatures, they have no need to engage in exchanges of dialogue. Instead, aeons mentally scan beings for their thoughts and intentions, and then retaliate with flashes of psychic projections that emit a single concept in response to whatever the other being was thinking. The flash is usually a combination of a visual and aural stimulation, which displays how the aeon perceives future events might work out. For instance, an aeon seeking to raze a city communicates this concept to non-aeons by sending them a vivid image of the city crumbling to ash. An aeon's envisaging functions as a non-verbal form of telepathy. Aeons cannot read the thoughts of any creature immune to mind-affecting effects.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Sorry, I ended up very busy yesterday. I'll be away at a convention Friday through Sunday and I've been prepping.

Tortuga lets some of his ki flow through him, to toughen his skin against blows barkskin for 150 minutes

Allie, I wouldn't say no to heroism, but understand if you need to save slots.

I am happy to go first.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

OK, moving us forward.

As you reach the bottom of the stairs they widen out into a small stone platform. Several things strike you at once. First, you can hear again and the large chamber you have entered is filled with the sofly chiming sound of many bells. Second, it is filled with about two feet of water. Seven platforms jut an inch or so out of the water, hovering above six of them are elaborate silver, bronze and steel bells. The central platform holds the statue of a Praying Mantis. Third, you are not alone. A number of figures dressed in Red Mantis armour stand ready for you along with the strange bulbous creature covered in eyes. Fourthly, alcoves in the walls hold a variety of manacled prisoners, mostly humans with a couple of half orcs and a monkey goblin.

As battle is joined you first must contend with the Bells. Valrar and Shump both find the noise rather soothing and begin to yawn. Gaius and Alie both realise that these Bells probably have some magical effects when rung but are not sure what.

Valrar and Shump are both fatigued

Tortuga is the first to react. When moving please describe how and where you move.

Round One

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Purple Claw
Ambassador
The Master
Red Claw
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Fatigued:

Fatigued: A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.

The Bells:

You may attempt to ring one of the Bells. To do so you must either hit it with a ranged or melee attack (this can be part of a full attack) or make an Acrobatics check as part of a move action using up 20' of your movement. Each Bell can only be rung once per round and people can only ring one Bell in any round.

Room setup:

The chamber is 15' high. The bells float 5' above their respective platforms and are 10' tall. Medium creatures can share a platform with a Bell but nothing larger.

The water creates difficult terrain for any creature smaller than large size. The statue of the Mantis blocks movement entirely. The room has normal lighting.

Dice rolls, feel free to read:

Which stair case?: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Will saves for the Bells
Alie: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Valrar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Shump: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Tortuga: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
Gaius: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Ambassador: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
I am unclear who has Heroism beyond Alie and Gaius but it doesnt make a difference

Init rolls
Alie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Valrar: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 1 = 22
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Shump: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Tortuga: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Gaius: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Ambassador: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Claw, orange: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Claw, blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Claw, red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Claw, purple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
GClaw, yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
GClaw, pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Master: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 125|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 114|114

The Master 0 damage
Red Claw 0 damage
Blue Claw 0 damage
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage
Orange Claw 0 damage
Purple Claw 0 damage
Pink Claw (L) 0 damage

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Shump is the other Heroism casting, DM. And finally, please remember I have 13 temporary HP from my False Life spell. Other than that, I’m ready.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga enters a fighting stance (Mantis Style) then takes off, leaping over the gap, running along the platform and then leaping into the water to deliver a flying kick to the large assassin.

Flying Kick:
Flying Kick: The monk leaps through the air to strike a foe with a kick. Before the attack, the monk can move a distance equal to his fast movement bonus. This movement is made as part of the monk’s flurry of blows attack and does not require an additional action. At the end of this movement, the monk must make an attack against an adjacent foe. This movement may be between attacks. This movement provokes an attack of opportunity as normal. The attack made after the movement must be a kick.

Leap the 10 feet of water to the nearest platform (Acrobatics +36 to jump), move 25 feet along the side platform, move into the water diagonally (15 feet of movement) for a total of 50 feet of movement to reach the square I'm now standing in.

All my attacks do bludgeoning, magic, cold iron, silver, lawful, and good damage.

First attack will have a Stunning Fist Behind it. Fort DC 25 or stunned for 1 round.

First Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6) + 5 = 13
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

If flat-footed or stunned, Medusa's Wrath kicks in granting 2 free attacks.

Medusa's Wrath:
First Medusa's Wrath Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 = 11
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Second Medusa's Wrath Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (9, 5) + 5 = 19
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

The second primary attack will be my second style strike for the round, a leg sweep. If the attack hits I get a free trip attempt.

Second Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 = 14
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Trip: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (14) + 27 = 41

If tripped, he provokes an AoO from Vicious Stomp

Vicious Stomp:
First AoO: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

If he wasn't tripped, I'll throw a punishing kick into this attack. On a hit, Fort DC 23 or tripped, triggering the above AoO.

Third Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

If he wasn't stunned, this attack will have a Touch of Serenity added to it. In that case ignore the damage, but he has to make a DC 23 Will save or be unable to attack for 1 round.

Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (10, 2) + 5 = 17
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Final Attack has nothing special.

Tertiary Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12
Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

Note, if I provoked an AoO from moving in, I have Mobility which will boost my AC to 43 against the attack.

If attacked this round and I haven't otherwise used an immediate action for some reason, I will spend 1 ki to activate Furious Defense, which will add at +4 dodge bonus to AC until the end of my next turn.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Tortuga leaps the water and runs quickly along the platform. As he closes on the armoured warriors he notices one unusual feature, each of them are standing on top of the water rather than within it.

As he closes he also realises that they do not seem to be as unprepared as he expected and the large warrior strikes out at him. Triggering his even greater enhanced reflexes he easily avoids the clumsy blow.

Furious defence activated

His first blow hits something vital, stunning the man and causing him to drop his weapon. All but the last of the remaining blows land, battering the man savagely and knocking him to the ground but he remains conscious.

Pink takes 143 damage, is stunned and prone. The holy damage applies..

Blue claw rushes forward, stopping near one of the bells. He promptly vanishes and then you hear the sound of spellcasting. Wynn recognises the spell as Bone Flense and Tortuga easily shakes off the effects.

Round One

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell

Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Purple Claw
Ambassador
The Master
Red Claw
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act. As a reminder, blue is invisible, unless you can see invisible things he cannot be targeted. Your allies can tell you roughly where he is.

Combat rolls, anyone can read:

Pink OA: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Damage: 2d6 + 18 ⇒ (1, 2) + 18 = 21
Pink fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Spellcraft, Alie, distance: 1d20 + 15 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 8 = 15
Spellcraft, Wynn, distance: 1d20 + 15 - 7 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 7 = 26
Tortugae, fort save: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 114|114

The Master 0 damage
Red Claw 0 damage
Blue Claw 0 damage, B7, invisible
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage
Orange Claw 0 damage
Purple Claw 0 damage
Pink Claw (L) 143 damage, stunned, prone

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

I wouldn't be able to activate furious defense until after my turn is done as I used my swift action for the current turn to activate my stance. But the dodge bonus from Mobility gives me the same result.

I should also add that I wouldn't active my furious defense if I am attacked by something I can't see as the dodge bonus wouldn't apply.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynn easily jumps the gap and lands on the other platform, he then tracks the invisible claw and fires an arrow at him.

arrow: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 damage
1d6 ⇒ 2 Electricity damage
2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 additional damage if evil

If the blue claw is struck by the arrow, it is now outlined in Faerie Fire for one round. This is from the limning quality on my bow.

"Typical assassin trickery" Wynn says scowling.

GM, just a heads up, with snapshot and improved snapshot, I provoke 10 feet out

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius casts Invisibility Purge, then moves back up the stairs, so that he can no longer hear the soporific bells.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Wynns shot takes blue in the shoulder and he grunts in pain. As dancing purple flames reveal his position he spits in disgust. Kill him he snarls.

Gaius slaps his hands together and sends out a barely visible, silent wave of power. The master rumbles, Invisibility Purge, take care minions, bring your other gifts to bear.

The Orange claw casts a spell and a shimmering dark light appears around him. Alie recognises it as shield of faith although he cast it as a swift action. He does something else and suddently there are two of him before he glides forward over the water.

Round One

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Purple Claw
Ambassador
The Master
Red Claw
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Combat rolls, may read:

Spellcraft, Master: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Spellcraft, Alie, distance: 1d20 + 17 - 11 ⇒ (12) + 17 - 11 = 18

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 114|114

The Master 0 damage
Red Claw 0 damage
Blue Claw 15 damage, B7
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, shield of faith, 1 mirror image
Purple Claw 0 damage
Pink Claw (L) 143 damage, stunned, prone

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts Haste on the group. She also steps onto the first stair with Gaius to avoid the strange bells next round.

Everyone remember your Haste bonuses, please!


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Yellow claw moves forward, he feet solid on the liquid water. He casts two spells in quick succession, again a swift actio shield of faith and another Bone Flense, this time at Wynnreyell but he shrugs off the spell with ease.

Combat rolls:

Fortitude, wynn: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Round One

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador

Purple Claw
The Master
Red Claw
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act. I have moved the ambassador up with Varar to help speed things along and corrected blues HP as I missed the electrical and holy damage.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 114|114

The Master 0 damage
Red Claw 0 damage
Blue Claw 24 damage, B1
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Purple Claw 0 damage
Pink Claw (L) 143 damage, stunned, prone

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar leaps between edges and platforms, looking to get in close.

Double move.

Parry:
I'll try to parry the first melee attack against me I'm in the reach of. Assuming a medium attacker; if not, the Parry role is at -2.

Parry, Haste, Fatigue: 1d20 + 32 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 32 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 37

Riposte (+5 weapon): 1d20 + 32 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 32 + 1 - 1 = 49
Confirmation: 1d20 + 36 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 36 + 1 - 1 = 45
Critical Damage: 2d4 + 48 - 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 48 - 2 = 48 plus 1d8 ⇒ 1 sonic, 2 charisma, 1 round stagger, DC 14 Fortitude save vs. deafness

If this critical confirms, and the claws have at least 7 HD, I immediately get a new Will save against the fatigue.

All the Ambassador's doing will be to make a relevant Knowledge check. It has +27 to History and Planes, +26 to Arcana and Religion, +22 to all others.

Knowledge, Claws: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The Claws are all humanoids of some kind although given their form fitting armour and full face helms it is difficult to be sure what kind. The vast majority of worshippers you have seen in the Temple have been human so far.

You have already had a check to Identify the Master which didnt meet the DC sadly

Valrar bounds into the chamber, neatly sliding around the prone, stunned Claw, then many of the remaining enemies snap out of their reverie and move on the offensive.

Purple claw casts Bone Flense, targeting Valrar but he easily shrugs it off. He then casts a second spell (another shield of faith) and creates a duplicate of himself.

Red Claw, seeing their spells be ineffective, vanishes and a moment later Valrar finds himself being assaulted. The Claw is distressed to learn that Valrar is not as unaware as he was hoping. Varar easily parries the clumsy blow but his riposte goes wide of the mark as he is unclear just where his enemy is. Clearly this throws Red off his game as his remaining attacks go well wide.

Red is currently invisible

The Master bounces forward rolling through the water as if it was not there. As he rolls forward he jangles and you realise he has dozens of saw toothed sabres attached to his robes. With a sweep of his hand he sends many of them hurtling across the room.

He follows it up with a swiftly cast spell, unleashing a torrent of freezing cold straight at Wynn who seems distracted by dodging so many sabres.

Wynn takes 51 damage from sonic thrust. I am going to pause my turn at this point to see if Wynn wants to keep his reflex save or if he has a reroll he wants to use. He is out of range for Misfortune but not sure if you have one of your own and if so if you want to use it but given you just took a battering I thought it was worth asking the question given I rolled a 3 for you.

Dice rolls:

Valrar, fortitude: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24

Red claw gains greater invisibility as a swift action, 5' steps and full attacks Valrar. He is outside of the radius of invisibility purge. Opportune Parry is not clear about whether or not it can be used against attacks you are unaware of. For now I will assume you can unless someone tells me otherwise.

Sabre: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Sabre: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Sabre: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Riposte miss chance, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 12

The Master moves and casts telekinetic thrust, hurling 15 Sawtooth Sabres directly at Wynn.

Sabres: 15d20 ⇒ (17, 13, 13, 13, 3, 9, 12, 12, 1, 1, 15, 15, 20, 7, 12) = 163
12 of them hit with one threat
Confirm: 1d20 ⇒ 2, doesnt confirm
Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 35
Wynn takes 12d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 7, 5, 1, 2, 8, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4) = 51 damage

Followed by cold ice strike as a swift action
Wynn, reflex save: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Round One

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 63|114

The Master 0 damage
Red Claw 0 damage, B1, invisible
Blue Claw 24 damage, B1
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Pink Claw (L) 143 damage, stunned, prone


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Just as a note fo everyone, please keep your tagline up to date including buffs such as heroism and haste. That is where I pull your numbers from for rolls I make for you so if it isnt accurate then you may be affected when you shouldnt be or not affected when you should.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

I try to keep my numbers up to date. It does not include a large number of conditionals because I'd run out of room.

improved evasion
+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like abilities
+2 vs enchantments
+4 AC vs giants
+4 CMD vs bull rush if on ground
+2 CMD vs grapple
+6 CMD vs trip
+4 vs AoOs from moving

Tortuga was too far away from the group to receive the haste spell, so those are not included in my statistics.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Using a reroll

reflex reroll+gm stars: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 19 + 4 = 36


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Wynn manages to duck from the worst of the blast but he still finds his limbs coated in frost.

Wynn takes 23 cold damage

Combat rolls:

Cold damage: 15d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4, 2, 5, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 6, 2, 1, 5, 3) = 47

Round One

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste (all but Tortuga)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 40|114

The Master 0 damage, TK1, CIS1
Red Claw 0 damage, B1
Blue Claw 24 damage, B1
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Pink Claw (L) 143 damage, stunned, prone

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump slams his hand to his chest and quickly moves over to the Master and swings.

"Take this!"

swift mercy remove fatigue

attack haste heroism: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (12) + 30 = 42

damage vital strike: 1d10 + 12 + 1d10 ⇒ (7) + 12 + (7) = 26

damage if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Shump rushes rushes forward, wading through the water with his magically enhanced speed letting him just about reach the master. As he approaches the Master lashes out at him but he easily avoids the attack.

His blade slashes through masses of blubbery flesh and an unpleasant purple liquid oozes out of the wound. However, the Bells continue with their mournful tolling. This time however only the Ambassador seems bothered by them.

He/she/it is fatigued

Pink claw continues to lie on the ground wondering just what hit him.

Rolls:

OA on Shump: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Will saves for the bells
Alie: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 33, +2 vs illusions
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31, +2 vs fear and enchantments
Shump: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23, Immune charm, disease, fear
Tortuga: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28, +2 vs enchantments
Gaius: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27, +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
Ambassador: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17, SR24

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Tortuga, if you are still around go ahead and post your turn. If not I will bot a full attack tomorrow morning.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste (all but Tortuga)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell 63|114

The Master 32 damage
Red Claw 0 damage, B1
Blue Claw 24 damage, B1
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Pink Claw (L) 143 damage, prone


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Minor reton, Shump I have moved your position slightly to put you on a platform as I couldnt see a way for you to reach your final position from your starting point given the water is all difficult terrin and your speed with Haste is only 40'. Let me know of you are happy with that or want to amend your actions.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Spend 1 ki for an extra attack this round. Tortuga continues to kick at the large pink enemy until it stops moving. Once that creature drops use Flying Kick + Stunning Fist (Fort 25) to continue to flurry against the master (AC 43 if it provokes). If there are any remaining attacks, use Punishing Kick next (Fort 23 or prone) and then Touch of Serenity (no damage but Will 23 or no attacking for 1 round if not already stunned).

Ki Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (8, 8) + 5 = 21 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

First Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (3, 10) + 5 = 18 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Second Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 9) + 5 = 20 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Third Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (10, 9) + 5 = 24 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (1, 10) + 5 = 16 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Tertiary Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (10, 8) + 5 = 23 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

Medusa's Wrath (if master is stunned):
First Wrath Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5) + 5 = 16 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Second Wrath Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

Vicious Stomp (if master is knocked prone):
Stomp Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (7, 4) + 5 = 16 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Tortuga's first two blows render Pink unconscious. As he leaps over towards the Master he takes a swipe at him but the blow is as clumsy at that against Shump.

Tortuga's first strike at the Master connects but the remaining attacks fails to connect against the surprisingly agile mound of blubber.

Blue claw, seeing his allies invisibility work takes a step onto the platform, vanishes and then unleashes a barrage of attacks on Valrar but his preturnatural reflexes save him.

Attack rolls:

OA on Tortuga: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Master fort save, stunning fist: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Blue, sabre: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Blue, sabre: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Blue, sabre: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell

Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell 63|114

The Master 57 damage
Red Claw 0 damage, B1
Blue Claw 24 damage, B2, invisible
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Pink Claw (L) 200 damage, prone

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

That last round hurt...time to put you down big boy

Wynn fires off five arrows in quick concession

Rapid shot+point blank shot+clustered shot+haste

arrow #1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 43 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 holy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 shocking: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Confirming Critical hit: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25 extra damage: 2d8 + 18 ⇒ (2, 5) + 18 = 25 shocking burst: 2d10 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

arrow #2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10 shocking: 1d6 ⇒ 2

arrow #3: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 holy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 shocking: 1d6 ⇒ 3

arrow #4: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 shocking: 1d6 ⇒ 2

arrow #5: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 holy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 shocking: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Are they directed at the Master?


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Wnyreyell sends a hail of arrows at the Master, all but the last one sink into its blubbery flesh. The first fails to hit anything vital. The electrical energy dances over his form to no effect.

You fail to confirm rather than him being immune to crits as far as you know. Hs is at least resistant to electrical energy but takes 84 damage

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell 63|114

The Master 141 damage
Red Claw 0 damage, B1
Blue Claw 24 damage, B2, invisible
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Pink Claw (L) 200 damage, prone

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius sticks his head into the room, then casts Quickened Ill Omen and Persistent Baleful Polymorph, targeting Yellow.

Fort DC 25. Please roll twice, and take the lowest. If that is a success, please roll twice *again*, and take the lowest.

If you fail the Fort save, Will DC 25. Please roll twice, and take the lowest. If that is a success, please roll twice *again*, and take the lowest.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

You will need to move into the room in order to cast at Yellow as the silence spell will prevent you otherwise. You can do so with a 5' step. I have moved you forward.

Gaius launches a one two combo at the massive armoured assassin. It initially looks like it is going to resist the spell and then it takes hold. With a popping noise the huge man transforms into a small turtle and splashes down into the water. It glares malevolently at Gaius.

Orange claw charges staright at Wynn, he gets a shot off but it passes harmlessly through the mirror image. The lcaw crashes into Wynn who takes a viscious blow, as the sabre connects there is a flash of dark light and Wynn finds himself feeling drained.

Wynn is critically hit for 37 damage and takes 2 negative levels reducing his current and maximum health by another 10.

Combat rolls:

Yellow fort save: 2d20 ⇒ (9, 17) = 26
Yellow fort save: 2d20 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10

Yellow will save: 2d20 ⇒ (20, 18) = 38
Yellow will save: 2d20 ⇒ (13, 10) = 23

[ooc]Orange charges, Wynn gets on OA, he has 1 miror image
Mirror image, 1 hits: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Orange attack, charge: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell 17|104, 2 negative levels

The Master 141 damage
Red Claw 0 damage, B1
Blue Claw 24 damage, B2, invisible
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Orange Claw 0 damage, F1, B2, shield of faith +3
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Pink Claw (L) 200 damage, prone

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie takes a 5’ step back into the room and casts Hold Monster at the purple claw, not wanting to see Valrir overwhelmed by pure numbers.

DC 26 Will to Resist.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

GM, did you count my moderated fortification on my buckler or my spell storing armor with empowered shocking grasp?

And after doing math, if the critical hit lands, I am down at -7


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

, Nope, I did not. Here we go.

Orange is electrocuted as he strikes down Wynn.

Orange takes 28 electrical damage. OK, checking back Wynn had taken 74 damage before the claw crits him, The crit is not negated and deals another 37 damage reducing you to -7. You then take 2 negative levels, reducing your current and maximum hit points by 10 leaving you at -17 and in urgent need of a breath of life.

Rolls:

Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 68
Empowered shocking grasp: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 6, 1, 6) = 19

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell -17|104, 2 negative levels

The Master 141 damage
Red Claw 0 damage, B1
Blue Claw 24 damage, B2, invisible
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Orange Claw 28 damage, F1, B2, shield of faith +3
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image
Pink Claw (L) 200 damage, prone


Alie weaves her enchantment over the purple claw and his limbs lock into place. He grits his teeth in frustration.

The turtle that used to be Yellow claw paddles furiously towards Gaius.

Rolls:

Purple will save: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw - turtle
Valrar
Ambassador

Purple Claw - paralysed
Red Claw
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell -17|104, 2 negative levels

The Master 141 damage
Red Claw 0 damage, B1
Blue Claw 24 damage, B2, invisible
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Orange Claw 28 damage, F1, B2, shield of faith +3
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image, paralysed
Pink Claw (L) 200 damage, prone

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

I could get over there via flight or running, but wouldn't have the actions to replace or use my gloves/medlance. Sorry Wynn, gotta leave this to Gaius.

A look of rage passes over Valrar as he hears Wynn go down. He briefly turns his head, but instead looks back to start tearing into the foe he can see.

All attacks are at Red. If he goes down, will try the 50% miss chance against Blue. Can't quite tell, but I think Blue is just out of Gaius' purge range.

Swing 1: 1d20 + 28 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 28 + 1 - 1 = 45
Confirmation: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (20) + 32 = 52
Critical Damage: 2d4 + 40 - 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 40 - 2 = 43 plus 1d8 ⇒ 6 sonic, 2 charisma, 1 round stagger, DC 14 Fortitude vs. deafness

Swing 2: 1d20 + 23 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 23 + 1 - 1 = 32
Damage: 1d4 + 27 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 27 - 1 = 28

Swing 3: 1d20 + 18 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 1 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 27 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 27 - 1 = 29

Swing 4: 1d20 + 28 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 28 + 1 - 1 = 48
Confirmation: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (18) + 32 = 50
Damage: 2d4 + 40 - 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 40 - 2 = 42 plus 1d8 ⇒ 7 sonic, 2 charisma, 1 round stagger, DC 14 Fortitude vs. deafness

Parry:
Will go against the first visible attack in my reach.

Parry: 1d20 + 32 + 1 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 32 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 50

Riposte (+5 weapon): 1d20 + 32 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 32 + 1 - 1 = 40
Damage: 1d4 + 27 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 27 - 1 = 29


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Gaius has come forward enough to reveal red and blue

Valrar launches himself at Red. His first three attacks send Red crashing to his knees and then he turns and runs Blue through the stomach. He doubles over in agony.

Purple claw struggles against the paralysing force holding him in place but he cannot break free.

The Master Strikes out at Tortuga with both fleshy hands, but he easily slides under the blows. The Master then takes a step away and sends a blast of cold at Valrar and Tortuga. Tortuga leaps over it but Valrar takes a portion of the blast.

Valrar takes 26 cold damage

Combat rolls:

Purple will save: 1d20 ⇒ 4

The Master attacks Tortuga
Slam: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Slam: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Tortuga reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Valrar reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Cold damage: 15d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 1, 5, 5, 3, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 1, 4, 5, 2) = 53

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw - turtle
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw - paralysed
Red Claw - unconscious
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS
Pink Claw

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste

[spoiler=Status, anyone can read]

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150, fatigued
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 120|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell -17|104, 2 negative levels

The Master 141 damage
Red Claw 106 damage, B1, 2 cha dmg, unconscious
Blue Claw 73 damage, B2, 2 cha damage, stagger 1 round
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Orange Claw 28 damage, F1, B2, shield of faith +3
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image, paralysed
Pink Claw (L) 200 damage, prone

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 3/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar also has Evasion, but not the improved version, as long as he has panache.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

So you do, Valrar leaps over the blast as well. I will amend on the next combat update

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Starting HP is 114. Took 51 from the sonic thrust, leaving me with 63hp. Took 23 cold damage from the icy attack leaving me with 40. Took 37 from the claw crit, leaving me with 3 hp. Finally the 2 negative levels lowers my maximum hp by 10, leaving me at -7. I have some time before breath of life is needed.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Yep, apprently today I cannot do maths

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I screwed up, Wynn and should have cast my Hold Monster on the one threatening you. I didn’t realize you were down, so that’s my fault. If things stay similar next round, I’ll try to knock out the one on you to let Gaius try to get you back on your feet.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Oops, I forgot to post an updated combat tracker, Shump you are up!

Round Two

Tortuga
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw - turtle
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw - paralysed
Red Claw - unconscious
The Master
Shump
THE BELLS

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste (all bar Tortuga)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, fatigued
Ambassador 73|73, fatigued
Wynnreyell -7|104, 2 negative levels

The Master 141 damage
Red Claw 106 damage, B1, 2 cha dmg, unconscious
Blue Claw 73 damage, B2, 2 cha damage, stagger 1 round
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Orange Claw 28 damage, F1, B2, shield of faith +3
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image, paralysed


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Putting Shump on delay

The Bells continue to toll, Valrar finds his limbs growing heavier. In his unconscious state even Wynn grows more tired. The ambassadar finds him/her/itself also feeling very tired.

Combat rolls:

Alie: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36, +2 vs illusions
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21, +2 vs fear and enchantments
Shump: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29, Immune charm, disease, fear
Tortuga: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32, +2 vs enchantments
Gaius: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24, +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
Ambassador: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19, SR24

Round Two

Tortuga
Shump

Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Orange Claw
Alie
Yellow Claw - turtle
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw - paralysed
Red Claw - unconscious
The Master
THE BELLS

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste (all bar Tortuga)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, exhausted
Ambassador 73|73, exhausted
Wynnreyell -7|104, 2 negative levels, fatigued

The Master 141 damage
Red Claw 106 damage, B1, 2 cha dmg, unconscious
Blue Claw 73 damage, B2, 2 cha damage, stagger 1 round
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Orange Claw 28 damage, F1, B2, shield of faith +3
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image, paralysed

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga decides that he needs to protect the casters so he turns his back on the Master and delivers a flying kick to the one standing over Wynn.

The Master gets an AoO vs AC 43.

All attacks vs orange. First attack will be a stunning fist (Fort DC 25).
First Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 = 12 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

If stunned, medusa's wrath kicks in.

Medusa's Wrath:
First Wrath Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Confirm: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (8, 2) + 5 = 15

Second Wrath Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 = 13 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Next attack will include a leg sweep. Free trip on a hit.
Second Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 = 13 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Trip: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (16) + 27 = 43

If not tripped, next attack will include a punishing kick. On a hit Fort DC 23 or knocked prone.
Third Primary Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 = 15 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

If tripped, Vicious Stomp attack follows.

Vicious Stomp:
Stomp Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 4) + 5 = 14 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (6, 9) + 5 = 20 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Tertiary Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14 Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump lays into the Master.

"Alright fat boy, take this"

attack power attack heroism: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 20 + (5, 6) = 38

crit confirm: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31

damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24

1st iterative

attack power attack heroism: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 20 + (1, 1) = 29

crit confirm: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33

damage: 1d10 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

attack power attack heroism: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 20 + (1, 2) = 25

last iterative

attack power attack heroism: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 20 + (4, 5) = 38


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Shump, you are hasted as well


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Tortuga leaps away, ducking the Masters swing. He plows into Orange and, if he had managed to hold himself together, he might have survived the onslaught. But the first blow winds him and, doubling over, he is quickly incapcitated.

Shump lays into the Master. The first two blows connect but the first fails to find anything too vital amongst all the blubber. However, the second critical blow sends him crashing into the water. With no other enemies in reach the follow up blows send him to the Great Beyond. As the Master falls the Bells also slowly stop rining.

The Master and orange are both very dead. The effect of the Bells remain in place but no more saves are needed.

Blue claw quickly casts a spell, healing his wounds and then takes a single strike at Valrar. The blow looks like it will be a viscious one but Valrar turns it aside and stabs the man through the leg.

Combat rolls:

The Master OA: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Orange, fort: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Blue claw spends a fervour and casts sure moderate wounds healing for 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) + 10 = 14 damage

Sabre, pa: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (20) - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 15 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 6 = 26

Confirm Sabre, pa: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 15 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 6 = 22

Round Two

Tortuga
Shump
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Alie

Yellow Claw - turtle
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw - paralysed
Red Claw - unconscious

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste (all bar Tortuga)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, exhausted
Ambassador 73|73, exhausted
Wynnreyell -7|104, 2 negative levels, fatigued

Red Claw 106 damage, B1, 2 cha dmg, unconscious
Blue Claw 86 damage, B2, F1, 2 cha damage
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image, paralysed

101 to 150 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.