GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


301 to 350 of 923 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump attacks the creature next to him,

+4 if prone, power attack, haste, damage +2d6 assuming it's evil

attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (20) + 21 = 41

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 20 + (3, 4) = 36

crit confirm: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31

1d10 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 20 + (6, 6) = 40

crit confirm: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

1d10 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 20 + (2, 6) = 37

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 20 + (6, 1) = 35

haste attack

attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

damage: 1d10 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 20 + (5, 4) = 33

crit confirm: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33

1d10 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

PSA: I will, most likely, be without Internet access for the next three days. Please bot me accordingly.


Between them Sir Ambrose and Shump tear Blue into pieces.

Round 3

Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Shump
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie
Wynn

Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange DEAD
Blue DEAD
Red 114 damage, 1 cha damage, stagered 1 round, marked [+2 MORALE bonus to attack and MELEE damage rolls against it]

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I believe red is still blinded from the Glitterdust. As such, Alie will delay and let the boys handle things as it seems well in hand.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Fly: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Tortuga hovers in place and continues to pummel the mantis.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 = 15
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (7, 4) + 5 = 16
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (7, 4) + 5 = 16
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (9, 8) + 5 = 22
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Alie Saechel wrote:
I believe red is still blinded from the Glitterdust. As such, Alie will delay and let the boys handle things as it seems well in hand.

Nope, red made his glitterdust save at the end of his turn

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Haste,Point Blank Master,Gravity bow, Clustered shot, Rapid shot

Arrow #1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13 Damage
1d6 ⇒ 6 Electricity Damage

Arrow #2: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 = 16 Damage
1d6 ⇒ 2 Electricity Damage

Arrow #3: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14 Damage
1d6 ⇒ 1 Electricity Damage

Arrow #4: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14 Damage
1d6 ⇒ 6 Electricity Damage

Arrow #5: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17 Damage
1d6 ⇒ 2 Electricity Damage


Tortuga and Wynn batter red near senseless but it is not done yet. Rurat raises his spear into the air again and unleashes another powerful blast of lightning at it.

Chain Lightning: 19d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 6, 1, 2, 4, 6, 3, 4, 6, 6, 3, 5, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3) = 63
Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Somehow managing to resist the full brunt of the blast Red is reeling and barely holding on.

Round 3

Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Shump
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie
Wynn
Red
Valrar

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange DEAD
Blue DEAD
Red 237 damage, 1 cha damage, stagered 1 round, marked [+2 MORALE bonus to attack and MELEE damage rolls against it]

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Assuming Alie can target a portion of the beast and not threaten her friends, she uses a Dragon’s Breath Spell to try to finish it. She takes a bluish hue as she expels a line of lightning at it.

Lightning damage 12d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 2, 2, 6, 1, 1, 6, 1, 2, 5) = 32

Reflex DC 23 for half.


Alie blows the final giant insect into pieces.

It had all of 3HP left.

With the monsters dead you are free to explore the area. With a rumble Rurat thanks you for your aid and heads back into the jungle.

Ahead of you, rising above the jungle, you can see the roof of the Mantis Temple poking abive the canopy. Amongst the giant dinosaur bones you can also see a few remains of human sized creatures.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Ever practical, Gaius looks around the area for anything that might be salvageable...

Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Did you all notice that Rurat said Elysya (sp?) was a kobold? Either she’s hiding in a different form, or we are are chasing our tails here,” Alie said once the Druid was long gone.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

"I was going to make a statement, but kept my mouth shut" Wynn answers. "Gnomes are eccentric though. Who knows what fey beings would be able to do with as much experience as she.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Not all of us are that eccentric,” Alie huffs at Wynn.

”But, to be on the safe side, we should be ready to find her if she is invisible or shape changed or anything funny like that.”. She was ready to go into the temple and find that gnome.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Totally forgot Alie was a gnome. I knew she had the fey bloodline.

Wynn chuckles at the sight of the gnome being agitated. "Good idea, you would be the subject matter expert.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

"With the opportunity, who wouldn't change whenever able?" Valrar quickly shifts between a few forms to accentuate. "It helps you get into the right state of mind, and for others to put you there. Strangeness of gnomes aside, it makes sense."


Checking around the area the group finds them remains of an adveturer. They are encased inside the ribcage of an enromous dinosaur, suggesting the unfortunate person had been eaten. In amongst the bones, strips of leather and bits of metal you find a sealed scroll tube inside of which is a scroll of ethereal jaunt, a single arrow of slaying evil outsiders, a wand of restoration with 5 charges (can dispel permanent negavie levels), a monstrification staff and a runestne of power which can provide an extra level 5 spell slot for a spontaneous caster.

Pressing on to the Temple you see that the front doors stand wide open. The entrance leads to a curved balcony that looks out over a large temple hall. Two sets of broad stairs, one on either side of the door, descend down from the balcony to the main floor forty feet below. Across the hall, a second balcony rises near the back of the temple and displays a massive stone idol of a mantis creature. Two channels, roughly six inches deep and four feet wide, are carved into the floor on either side of the doors, and many similar channels crisscross the room below. The bottom of each channel has been stained a reddish-brown by some substance that dried up long ago.

Eight massive pillars, each carved to resemble dozens of mantises stacked atop one another, hold up the domed ceiling of the temple. A small living space, complete with makeshift furniture, stacks of books, and a simmering cooking pot, is set up on the floor of the main hall
below. A strange red glow seems to emanate from the very stone of the temple, casting the entire room with a baleful light.

Sat on a campstool next to the cooking pot is a small, elderly gnome woman with pale white hair. She looks up to you and smiles, Oh, very good dears, Kobolds, yes, that would have gotten you past Rurat. Was that you making all the racket with the Ghost Mantis? Well, I suppose it had to happen eventually, the Pathfinders have found my hiding place. I must say, after all these years, it feels good
to see real Pathfinders again.
She shakes her head and tsks, adding, Although I doubt you are so happy to see me. When I left
the Society my reputation was less than sterling. Tell me, did you come to bring me and Torch to justice, or have you learned the truth about the Decemvirate?

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius shrugs.

"We were contracted by a member of the Decemvirate to deal with you, permanently, one way or the other, but I am willing to hear your side of the story, before making any snap judgements..."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynn goes to say something, but Gaius beats him to it. He waits for her story.

During the trek here, Wynn would recharge his armor with another empowered shocking grasp from his bonded ring and will heal himself with his wand of infernal healing. 4 charges for 40 hit points should do it. He will also recharge his Gravity Bow spell with a pearl of power lvl 1

Lastly, if no one minds, he will take the arror of slaying evil outsiders

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Depending on the time it takes to enter the temple, Alie casts see invisibility with her extend rod her if True seeing has expired. If not, the she won’t cast the spell.

Alie grabs the runestone if no one argues too much. ”Everyone knows Torch is up to no good. He’s been trouble as long as he’s been involved with the Society. What do you have to say defending him?”

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

"Yes for a longtime she's been a torn in our sides. We're willing to listen"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

"This had better be a convincing tale. The deck is stacked against you, and we'd be in no one's bad book taking the easy way out."

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

"Never claimed they were the nicest people, but I did make my oaths to them and their cause."


True Seeing will have run out along with any other minute/level or less buffs.

Eylysa shakes her head, I am not here to defend Torch dears, he is a complicated character with a lot of reasons for his actions. You should ask him if you meet him. He is in Absalom currently, planning an assault on the Grand Lodge. She looks briefly pained. It's sad, I know, but you should be asking yourselves why Torch would do this. There is a great evil lurking behind one of the Decemvirate masks, it has been for centuries and given the current events the danger is even greater.

Perception:

Alie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Valrar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
Shump: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Rhino: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Tortuga: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42
Gaius: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Ambassador: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

At which point, all hell breaks loose. Alie spots several figures on the blacony above. They enter the room invisibly. She is able to act in the surprise round as is Wynn. Tortuga also hears a soft sound which alerts him to danger. Everyone else is surprised. Alie can see a pair of Mantis warriors lurking above as well as a female Mantis warrior towards the back. All of them have delicate looking dragonfly like wings. There are multiple copies of the woman on the balcony.

Initiative:

Alie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Valrar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Shump: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Tortuga: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Gaius: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Ambassador: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Saviya: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Red Mantis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Blue Mantis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Xagon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Xagish: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

From above the balcony two strange horrific monsters flow over and down at the group. Each has long, viscious looking claws and they exude an aura of menace. One swoops down to Tortuga, the other down at Shump. The first one misses wildly but the second tears into Shump, rending his soul! Fortnately he is made of pretty stern stuff and shrugs off whatever effect the creature was trying to afflict him with.

Shump takes 38 damage. Xagon and Xagish are currently flying at ground level, 5' off the ground. The other enemies are currently on the balcony, 40' above you.

However, as Shump finds his flesh being torn two other things happen. Blood begins to pour from the walls, quickly filling the channels with several inches of fresh bright red blood. Also, the Mantis statues in the columns all activate at once and begin to lash out about them. It looks like it might be dangerous to get close to them.

I have moved you onto the temple map.

Combat rolls:

Xagish on Tortuga, claw, height, charge: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 1) = 9
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23

Xagon on Shump, claw, height, charge: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 1) = 12
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32

Xagon confirm, claw, height, charge: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 3) = 18

Surprise Round

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius
Ambrose
Valrar
Ambassador
Eylysia

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 112|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 104|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR)
Blue Mantis (BLUR)
Xagon
Xagish

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts Grasping Hand on the invisible mantis closest to her, on the right side of the balcony and a large hand of force appears between her and the Mantis. It tries to grapple the Mantis warrior.

CMB 1d20 + 14 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 11 = 28


The hand snaps out at the assassin but he slips out of the way before it can close on him.

In return he swoops down at Gaius, hoping to take advantage of him being unaware of his presence. The second assassin swoops down at Wynn, dragonfly wings buzzing quietly.

Gaius is rather surprised when the flying mantis warrior appears above him. He is more surprised as the man opens up a line of bright red blood across his chest. The wound is severe and he begins to bleed heavily. He also starts to feel poison burning in his veins.

Pausing here for Gaius, you take 39 damage, have 7 bleed and have made a fortitude save. Do you want to keep it or use some sort of reroll ability? It is a poison effect, delay poison does not make you immune to this poison but it is providing a significant bonus to your save (+10)

Wynn is also rather suprised as the second mantis warrior appears directly above him. Fortunately his armour prevents the serious blow from doing much more damage and the assassin is rather shocked to be shocked by his stored shocking grasp.

Wynn takes 13 damage, negates the sneak attack so takes no bleed. Are you happy with your fortitude save? You have used your folio reroll but I am unsure if you have some other way to deal with fortitude saves although you may not want to given you rolled a 14.

The two assassins are now visible, each is 5' directly above their respective targets.

Combat rolls:

Red on Gaius, charge, height, invis: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Sneak atttack: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 2, 6, 1, 6) = 28
Light fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 30
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Blue on Wynn, charge, height, invis: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Sneak atttack: 7d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 5, 1, 6, 1) = 26
Medium fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 27
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Empowered shocking grasp: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 5, 6) = 22

Surprise Round

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis

Wynnreyell - Pending save decision
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius - Pending save decision
Ambrose
Valrar
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 92|131, 7 bleed
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 112|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 91|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR)
Blue Mantis (BLUR) 33 damage
Xagon
Xagish

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

I can't use any of my many re-roll abilities, because I am flat-footed, and therefore can't take immediate actions.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

What knowledge to ID the creatures?


The female mantis is an elf, the two flying mantis assassins are half elves, the strange monsters would need a planes check on your turn.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Sorry for not responding sooner. I can not do anything with the fortitude save at this point. Also, fort bonus is +16 not +13, i might have fat fingered the 3 when I was putting my information together.

Not seeing any enemies, and acting in the surprise round, I would have cast see invisibility. And draw my bow as the move action. Sandals of quick reaction grant me the extra action.

I would have seen my attacker coming at me and with improved snap shot, allows me to threaten 10ft with a bow, I should get a single AOO against the Mantis Assassin, unless he has reach of course.

PBS
AOO: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41
1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 additional damage
1d6 ⇒ 1 Electricity damage


@Wynn, unforuunately the enemies who have gone so far all acted before you so you wouldnt have see invis active. Also, I missed that spell storing armour is an immediate action so it has not triggered yet. You are up now Wynn in the surprise round, you can draw your bow if you want or cast see invis. Alie can tell that that one more enemy remains invisble, the female elf on the balcony although there are many copies of her there.

Wynn and Gaius both manage to throw off the effect of the poison afflicting them.

Surprise Round

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius
Ambrose
Valrar
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 92|131, 7 bleed
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 112|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 91|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR)
Blue Mantis (BLUR)
Xagon
Xagish

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Oh, sounds good. I will cast see invisible. Can I use my 17 to cast defensively. It would be enough to do so. I would then draw my bow


Yes, that is fine

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin
GMAndrewW wrote:
You are up now Wynn in the surprise round, you can draw your bow...

Can we assume that we have our weapons out unless stated? Unless it's "obvious" like going to a temple to pray? Just wondering how you handle this...


In general yes, when entering a dangerous area I normally assume you do so with weapons ready. You can of course choose not to if you prefer. If you were at a tea party or event at the Grand Lodge I would have more of an issue with it.


Tortuga has until tomorrow to post his surprise round action after which I will put him in delay and move us on

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga assumes a fighting stance and attempts to reach out and touch the creature flying near him.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37

Touch of Serenity: On a hit, no damage is dealt, but the target cannot cast spells or attack (including attacks of opportunity and attacks as immediate actions) for 1 round unless it succeeds on a DC 23 Will saving throw.)


Tortga reaches out and places a calming hand on the creature floating above him.

The creature sneers at him and seems to be unaffected. However, as Tortuga touches is crawling black energy crackles back at him but whatever the effect was he is able to shrug it off.

Combat rolls:

Touch will save: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Tortuga, fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 10


The woman on the balcony raises her hands and intones a spell. Foolish Pathfinders, you should not have come here, for your kind the sentence is death. Look upon me and despair, for you end is nigh!

Wynn recognises the spell as Overwhelimg Presence.

This is an Enchantment Compulsion Mind Affecting Emotion spell. I have put your will saves into the spoiler. You have until tomorrow evening to decide if you want to do anything with the result. Please check to make sure the numbers are right as I am sure some of you at least have situational modifiers which are likely to apply which I may not have noted. You know what the spell is, this will render you helpless if you fail, these are assassins. Anyone rendered helpless is at risk of being coup de graced. Fair warning is given.

Combat rolls:

Spellcraft
Alie: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 2 = 22
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

SR ambassador: 1d20 ⇒ 3
The Ambassador is saved by his SR.

Alie: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21, +2 vs illusions
Valrar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22, +2 vs fear and enchantments
Shump: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27, Immune charm, disease, fear
Tortuga: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35, +2 vs enchantments
Gaius: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23, +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14, +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
Ambassador: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, SR24
Eylysia: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie will use her folio reroll as her result seems kind of low to feel good about, GM.

Will save, folio reroll 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

I also have a racial +2 to saves vs spells, but I'm hoping that doesn't matter in this case or we are all in trouble.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

Having taken a coup de grace before, Valrar uses Improved Iron Will.

Reroll: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Ouch, what a spell. I have already used my reroll.

But, I do have chronicle, number 25, with a boon that allows me to add a d6 to a saving throw, and if I get a 6, I get to do it again to a max +18. It states before I roll, but since you rolled it, I hope you do not mind me using it. Link to my chronicles are through my profile if you want to check it out.

additional d6: 1d6 ⇒ 6
and another: 1d6 ⇒ 6
and another: 1d6 ⇒ 2

So that will make for a total will save of 38


@Wynn, yes, that is fine.

All of the group manage to throw off the enchantment except for Eylysia who hurls herself onto the ground, worshipping the newcomer as a Goddess. The woman on the balcony then casts another spell with a wave of her hand and Alie's conjured hand vanishes.

Meanwhile, the two strange creatures with the long claws try to tear apart Tortuga and Shump. Even Tortuga's amazing reflexes cannot save him this time and twice the monster rakes through his flesh. He feels it trying to rip apart his very sense of self but he is made of stern stuff and resists the effects.

Tortuga takes 48 damage

Shump, heavily reliant on his armour, finds that it does not protect him sufficiently and he is shredded three times by the monster above him. However, he too posseses a strong sense of self and holds himself together.

Shump takes 49 damage

Combat rolls:

Xagish full attacks Tortuga
Claw 1, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 5, 4) = 18
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33

Claw 2, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 6) = 20
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38

Claw 3, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 4) = 14
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40

Xagon full attacks Shump
Claw 1, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 2) = 15
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

Claw 2, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 2) = 12
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39

Claw 3, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 6) = 13
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25

Claw 1 confirm, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Negative energy damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 6) = 14

Shump 50% fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 2

Dispel magic, caster level check: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Round 1

Xagish
Xagon
Alie
Red Mantis
Blue Mantis
Wynnreyell
Shump
Tortuga
Saviya
Gaius
Ambrose
Valrar
Ambassador

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 92|131, 7 bleed
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 63|150
Tortuga 121|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 91|104

Saviya
Red Mantis (BLUR)
Blue Mantis (BLUR)
Xagon
Xagish
Eylysia Prone, helpless

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie didn’t like that nasty lady, that much was sure.

She began by casting a Quickened Haste Spell, powering her friends to superhuman feats, hopefully.

That wasn’t quite enough, however, so she targeted the closest Mantis Assassin with a spell targeting his mind. She cast Hold Monster, trying to get him to give pause for at least a few seconds.

Will DC 26 to Resist.

Please remember your Haste benefits, because it is looking bad for us here!

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 157/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 7/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 5/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Ambassador

Were Gaius and I skipped?

Edit: Ah thanks Wynn, that explains it! Sorry.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

No Valrar, we were in the surprise round before. Now we are in Round 1


Alie give me an SR check for hold monster. There should have been one for the Hand as well so you would know they have SR. If that changes what you want to do that is fine.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Caster level check with Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 35

Mental note to make sure my rod of piercing is in hand next time!


@Alie You can draw the rod this round if you want. As a reminder, using a rod for a spontaneous caster still increases the casting time. Both mantis assassins are the same distance away from Alie so picking a target at random.

Alie tries to lock the assassin in place but he shrugs off the effect of the spell with ease.

The assassins begin to ply their deadly trade. Wynn is struck twice and lines of bright red blood criss cross his skin.

Wynn takes 26 damage and is very fortunate he was able to act in the surprise round.

Gaius however is not so fortunate. The first blow is a viscious one cutting down through his shoulder before he runs him through the stomach with the second attack. .

The first attack crits for 44 damage, the second crits for 52 damage rendering you unconscious. Unfortnately none of your fortification rolls saved you. I am going to pause here in resolving his remaining attacks unless you have anything which would trigger at this point. I cannot see anything immediately on your sheet but wanted to give you the chance to do something.

Combat rolls:

Which target, high Wynn low Gaius: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Will save, Hold Monster: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Blue assassin full attacks Wynn
MH Sabre Primary, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

MH Sabre Haste, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

OH Sabre Primary, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

MH Sabre Iterative , height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Red assassin full attacks Gaius
MH Sabre Primary, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Sneak attack: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2) = 21
25% Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 49

MH Sabre Haste, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Sneak attack: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 3, 4, 5, 4) = 30
25% Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 73

OH Sabre Primary, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Sneak attack: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 5, 3, 6, 5) = 32
25% Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 91

MH Sabre Iterative , height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Sneak attack: 7d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 2, 2, 6, 4) = 20
25% Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 33

MH Sabre Primary Confirm, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
25% Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 91

MH Sabre Haste Confirm, height, haste: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
25% Fortification, low negates: 1d100 ⇒ 80

301 to 350 of 923 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.