GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


201 to 250 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius nods thoughtfully.

"Well, if human messengers don't come back, but kobold ones do, maybe we should Veil ourselves as kobolds when travelling through the area, just in case...?"

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”That might work, Gaius. I’d hate for us to kill someone who is only being a protector of the land, you know.”

”Strake, how many miles is it until we’d get to the middle of the island.? We could make it 50 or 60 miles with my Overland Flight Magic in 8 hours. The spell actually lasts 14 hours, so we could make it further than that, if we pushed it,” Alie thought.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Overland flight is personal. You cannot cast it in others.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Well darn, I thought I could cast it on others as well. Forget that idea, then. I guess we are going overland unless someone can come up with something else.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

What about eagles aerie?

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Nice idea, but we have neither a Druid, nor a Summoner...


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

OK, it looks like you are heading out into the jungle. How are you going to get out of the city? The Bloodguard continue to patrol. If heading out I either need stealth or survival from each of you or some other plan to get out without being detected.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius tries to be stealthy, but he is *really* not good at it...

Survival: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 0 + 2 = 7.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

The six of us should still be able to pull off the Red Mantis look with the appropriate weaponry and masks, so long as Valrir doesn’t flub his Intimidate roll. That’s how I vote we head out.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynn tries to scout ahead and find a suitable way out of the city.

stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)
Alie Saechel wrote:
The six of us should still be able to pull off the Red Mantis look with the appropriate weaponry and masks, so long as Valrir doesn’t flub his Intimidate roll. That’s how I vote we head out.

You can but this gives you a chance to avoid having to do so. The penalty for failing is to have to talk your way past them.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Shump tries to move through the jungle.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga tried to use his natural instincts to help the group again.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Whoops, forgot to post! I figured that was what the stealth was for, and if we failed it'd turn back to talking.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

@Shump, you are currenty trying to get out of the city. The jungle comes next.

The group leaves Strakes compound via the back entrance and make their way through the city in the early morning mist, hoping to avoid attention. Disguised as pirates with Valrar in the get up of a red mantis assassin you hope to evade detection. Unfortunately it is not to be as, near the northern gate out of the city you are intercepted by a patrol of the Blood Watch. They demand to know what business you have outside of the city.

Valrar, give me a bluff, diplomacy or intimidate. I will give you a +2 bonus for having the Mantis Mask and anyone else may assist using the same skill if they wish to do so.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar heaves a mighty sigh. "You people are getting tiresome. Only spotting the things you shouldn't, hurting our cover, while letting priorities walk free. This is the second time. When will you get it through your heads that you aren't important enough to be privy to this? Not important enough for our superiors to care what I do to you if annoyed?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 2 = 30

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Aid another intimidate 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

”Why are you constantly harassing us?! Once he gets mad, he’s going to take are it out on you, you know. And I’d hate to be in your boots if that happens. Now move out of the way!”


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The leader of the patrol pauses, seemingly uncertain of what to do. When Alie speaks up she turns and a strange look passes over her face. It's them she sputters, the ones Luna reported, get them!

Weapons are swiftly drawn and from various places around the plaza you are standing in more assassins begin to pour into the group melee. Blades flash, spells sizzle and you quickly and easily drive back the assassins. The gates lie not far from here and you are able to escape out into the jungle, leaving the scattered remains of a variety of would be assassins in your wake.

OK, this triggered what the scenario calls a Pitched Battle. Normally when one of these happens you just get to narrate how you defeat the mass of attacking low level assassins but each person pays a cost. Each Battle after the first makes you pay an additional cost but as we are now done with this bit and you are about to have several days of travel this doesnt really do anything for you. Feel free to narrate how you handily defeat several dozen level 4-7 assassins of various different classes.

For those interested in the mechanic each of you would have to choose one of: Take 13d6 slashing damage, expend 3d6 spell levels, expend one quarter of the uses of a key class ability, use a 500gp consumable


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The group strike out into the jungle, heading towards the pyramid Strake told them about and using the stone spire known as The Horn to navigate by. It is hot, humid, sticky and hard going. There are few trails in the jungle and you often have to hack your way through dense vegetation. Routes are often unexpectedly blocked by dangerous areas of hidden quicksand and massive choked gulleys. The deeper you travel the more signs you start to find of truly enormous reptilian creatures, from footprints longer than a fully grown man, to the carcass of a giant herbivore to their droppings, in mounds the size of boulders.

Progress feels slow but you manage to wind your way through the jungle. The occasional backtrack slows you down but after about a week of hiking, and by using some hidden kobold trails that Wynn manages to find, it seems that you are nearing where the pyramid should be.

I am going to pause here to see if there is anything you want to do in advance of reaching the pyramid. You are still several hours away probably and you dont really know where it is. If you want to buff you can but anything less than 10 minutes per level is likely to expire unless you want to use multiple castings. Are you remaining disguised and if so as what? Are you using the Mantis equipment you looted from the Temple? I will move us forward to the next section tomorrow.

Rolls:

Survival check. I assume Wynn leads and the rest try to assist.
Alie: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Valrar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Shump: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Tortuga: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Gaius: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Ambassador: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

if we take the damage from the Pitched battle, doesn't we have several days to rest/recover? can we take average damage? 13d6 would be 45 hp?

does anyone have invisibility? That might help us sneak up on the T-Rex


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Yes you have about a week which is why I am not bothering tracking it. Gaius can easily heal everyone back to full just using spell slots. Invisibility is unlikely to last long enough given you are unsure where the Pyramid is unless you have lots of castings of it.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie had to admit that thrashing all those Red Mantis felt pretty good. Her spells helped turn the tide of the battle, as her breathing fire from the dragon’s Breath Spell was too much for the assassins to take.

”I have a power like Invisibility, but it is pretty short duration. I doubt we can really take advantage of it, to be honest. I do think we need to hang on to these Mantis masks and swords, though, as we might need to try to pass ourselves off as them again before we find Torch.”

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar had more leeway to cut loose than usual. It didn't stop him from soundly beating any assassins that got too close. He blocked a fair few more hits than he needed to, even when they would have been easy to dodge.

Hopefully approaching the pyramid, he keeps his Red Mantis guise. He has no other preparations and still holds the sabre with no intent to use it.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius smiles mirthlessly at the assassins.

"There will be no grave markers for you - Rot take you!"

He then liberally applies Explosions of Rot to the Red Mantis Assassins, until they disintegrate into piles of putrescence.

Once out of town, he retrieves Sir Ambrose, and restores him to his rightful, regal form.

"Sorry about that my friend," he says, stroking Sir Ambrose. "You should now have plenty of time to stretch your legs!"

I believe that we were going to disguise ourselves as kobolds?


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

So, which is it to be, Kobolds or Red Mantis or a mix of both?

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Hmmm... How about Red Mantis Kobolds? Nothing says that the assassins have to be human ;-)

More seriously, we were told that humans didn't come back, but kobolds did - we might as well all be disguised as the latter.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Oh yeah, kobolds. Valrar would prefer the small form anyway! And why does that bit about the assassins sound so familiar? I know I've heard similar.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

How many of us speak Draconic?

Once we are about a few hours out, Tortuga will start spending ki on barkskin (each will last 2.5 hours).

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Kobolds is good with me as well. Alie will refresh her extended Mage Armor and extended False Life spells every day. When we get to a conflict, I’ll reroll the False Life for that day then, if that’s okay.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Not me, but I wouldn't want to butcher a conversation any way

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

not me

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie speaks Draconic!

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Hopefully then whoever we meet is fine with one person doing the talking. All it takes is for one of them to tell you that he wants one of us who doesn't speak draconic to answer and we have a problem.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”I also have a couple of scrolls of Tongue spells prepared. If we can see him approaching, I can use the scroll before he gets close enough to realize what we are doing.”

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

"Good to know. I don't need it. I just have a knack for understandin' what people are saying and how to talk to them. Never really understood how or why though."

Tortuga has a continual tongues effect active due to his class ability.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

OK, Kobold Mantis Assassins it is.

The group presses on through the jungle. As you do so the weather closes in, thick dark clouds gather and soon a torrential rainstorm is pelting the region. Even with the thick canopy above you the winds buffet the group. Above the canopy the weather must be truly appalling.

Soaked to the skin the group of you stumble into a crowded clearing containing a small stepped pyramid. The sides are steep and patches of dense vegetation are clustered throughout the ruins and looming jungle trees cast much of the area in shade. Above the jungle canopy, a stone sarcophagus rests atop the pyramid.

What would you like to do? The pyramid sides are steep, the jungle canopy sets a limit of 30' for anyone flying and the wind and rain make hearing and flying difficult.

GM rolls:

Survival check. I assume Wynn leads and the rest try to assist.
Alie: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Valrar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Shump: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Tortuga: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Gaius: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Ambassador: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Could one of you check for an easy way in? I feel exposed out here,” Alie calls out to the rest of the group.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Looking over the Pyramid it quickly becomes apparent that the structure is solid. There are no entrances but the top of the pyramid does have an ancient sarcophagus on top of it.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius casts Air Walk, and moves up to the top, to investigate the sarcophagus, fully expecting some sort of undead creature to pop out of it...


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Easily reaching the top of the Pyramid Gaius finds himself being lashed by powerful wind and rain. The wind makes progress through the air difficult but you manage to scrabble to the sarcoophagus. Its lid has cracked, a mixture of time, rain and the inexorable march of the local vegeatation have left it crumbling and cracked. Peering inside you can see some skeletal remains wearing rather expensive looking clothing as well as the glint of gold and the shimmer of valuable looking gemstones.

What do you do? It doesn't look like it would be difficult to open.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius casts Detect Magic, and then inspects it carefully.

Perception: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Peering into the sarcophagus and spending a few seconds focusing Gaius determines that the casket itself is not magical. However, several magical auras are present inside although it is difficult to determine what they are until you properly open it up.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

"Would someone like to give me a hand? Manual labor is not something that I am good at..."

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”Alright guys, he’s been up there all alone. Do we need to try and get up there to help him? I’d hate for something to jump out and eat him, you know.” Alie says after looking worried at the awful weather.

”Do you allow have ways to fly, or do you need a Fly Spell?”. Alie will cast Fly on everyone who needs it, and will cast Overland Flight on herself after.

As this looks like it may be an encounter, I’ll roll my daily False Life Hp now. 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The sides of the pyramid are steep but you can just climb up them, no check required. Moving up the sides is at quarter speed, you can increase that to half with an acobatics check.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

"Do we want to keep it looking nice? I doubt I could pry it open, but an adamantine blade should do the trick. And we might as well get in." Regardless of the answer, Valrar starts bounding his way to the top.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Valrar easily makes it up to the top of the pyramid where he is similarly affected by the winds. However, being small he is at risk of being blow away up here!

I assume you switch to medium using your greater hat of disguise rather than being blown off out into the jungle like an errant leaf!

The lid proves relatively easy to lever open enough to get a proper look inside. The remains of some long forgotten pirate lord lie in state, they are clothed in expensive looking cloth of gold and they wear rather gaudy pieces of expensive looking jewellery.

As you are looking over your treasure however your attention is drawn to the surrounding jungle. The sounds of some enormous beast, or beasts, reverberate through the trees and set your ears ringing. Crashing noises, as of some massive sized creatures pushing their way towards the clearing start and you see trees off in the distance begin to sway and creak, marking the passage of something truly enormous. They are coming from all directions around you.

OK, at this point you have a little time to prepare before whatever is approaching arrives. Lets give each of you say 3 rounds to do stuff and see where we are. Valrar and Gaius are on top of the pyramid, Valrar you are currently medium unless you want to go flying off into the distance. The top of the pyramid is exposed to windstorm strength winds and heavy rain. Ranged attacks are impossible up here and moving is difficult. The top of the pyramid is just poking above the canopy.

The canopy is 30' high. If you are above the canopy you cannot see anyone below. Below the canopy the winds are merely severe with heavy rain, which imposes a -8 penalty on ranged attacks. Tiny creatures might be blown away, small creatures are checked (DC10 str check to move). The green areas are difficult terrain. The ruins are largely demolished and have no effect.

I have moved you on to the map, you have enough time to position yourselves where you want to be. I will kick the encounter off on sunday morning my time, so you have about 48 hours to post any preparations you are taking. This is not necessarily a combat encounter but it may well be depending on what you do.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

I have a wand of freedom of movement. Someone should feel free to take it and use it. It should help with the movement in the winds but not the ranged attacks.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

It will allow you to move unhindered, it would not prevent smaller characters being blown away though

201 to 250 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.