GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


251 to 300 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar, now in his normal state, passes a wand to Gaius. "If you'd be so kind?" He looks excited at the prospect of fighting large creatures.

Marked off a charge from my own Freedom of Movement wand.

If nothing immediate is needed at the pyramid, he hurries back down to get closer to possible beneficial spells.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie didn’t know what was happening, but she decided some spells were in order. She casts Heroism, Overland a Flight, and Resist Energy Electricity on herself.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The group of you prepare as best you can for whatever the hell is about to come bursting out of the jungle.

An enormous Saurian, walking on the air, explodes out of the surrounding foliage. Clearly this is Rurat, Guardian of the Green. Bearing a spear and shield he roars in confusion at your appearance. Quickly after hoom come three titanic dinsaurs, bellowing in rage and fury.

OK, at this point things get a litttle complicated. Rurat generally does not atttack kobolds however he also hates the Red Mantis as they slaughtered his people. Veil however allows a will save on first encountering it, I am going to give him one save for the whole spell. Fortunately, having used a menomnic vestment, it uses the casters stats and caster level.

Rurat, will: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The giant saurian stops in mind stride and grumbles something in a strangely melodius language for such an enormous creature.

If you speak Sylvan:

Kobolds, Mantis, what trickery is this, explain yourselves and quickly before I destroy you!

The map has been updated

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie calls out a response in Sylvan.

”These Red Mantis masks and swords are our hard worn battle trophies taken from the corpses of assassins just around a week ago. We are no friends of those, only kobolds looking for a gnome called Eylysia. We have business with her to discuss. Certainly we mean no offense to you, Lord Rurat, master of the forest. If you were to allow us safe passage, we would be on our way immediately thereafter, leaving you alone, and allowing us to perhaps destroy more of the Mantis assassins and claim more trophies. Perhaps you would like these current trophies, to show our we mean what we say.”

Diplomacy with Heroism 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 2 = 39

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Yes lord of the forest...we mean no harm!"

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar looks on in confusion, assuming talks will break down eventually.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Rurat gives out a deep, throaty rumble and as he does so the three colossal dinosaurs stomp back into the jungle.

You should not be here little ones, the jungle is not safe but I suppose you must be capable to have made it here. He moves down out of the air and settles onto the top of the pyramid, rain still lashing you all. He looks up into the stormy sky and gives a strange crooning noise.

You should take shelter, my storm will persist for many hours yet. As for Eylysia, she is no gnome as far as I know. She is a kobold, like you. I would have thought you would kow that he says, scowling. She has made her home in the Temple of the Ghost Mantis, a very dangerous place. It lies, near the lair of the great Ghost Mantis itself. I will take you there if you will aid me in hunting down its vile brood.

He leans down and examines the Mantis items. Forged of blood, you should destroy these trinkets, they are accursed items of the Mantis. Who knows what spells their creators have cast over them or how they might track someone carrying one. To have brought them into my territory risked your own destruction. Be rid of them!

OK, what do you do? There are still some items in the sarcophagus you havent identified yet. Rurat has no objection to you taking them. It contains some very expensive and gaudy puirate clothes and jewellry and a pair of magical boots. What are you doing with the Mantis equipment you brought with you? Also, in case it wasn't obvious, it would be a vaery bad idea to let Rurat learn you are not actually kobolds.

Spellcraft DC26:

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie will cooperate with Rurat’s demands. ”We will be happy to go on a great hunt to prove ourselves to you.”. She moves to collect all the Mantis items from the group. She places them in a pile and uses her Dragon Breath Spell to breathe acid on them, in hopes of melting them into slag.

”Show us the way, mighty Rurat and we will end the Mantis threat in your land!”

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Ever practical, Gaius is more than happy to loot the sarcophagus.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar dutifully removes all his Mantis gear. Loath as he is to take orders, he didn't like the stuff, but could make more. He dons some of the pirate's outfit if there are multiple pairs.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Gathering together the Mantis equipment Rurats smashes it to pieces. Follow me he says as he moves off into the jungle. For such an enormous creature he makes his way easily through the thick vegetation. As you travel he speaks in a low, rumbling, voice.

The Red Mantis have hunted my people for many centuries. This island is our home, when the Cult arrived they built their temple in the centre and drove us out. I am now the last of my kind he says with a deep sigh.

The Ghost Mantis was a gift to them from Akacheck. It grew quickly and has had many progeny. The Temple was given over to it and the Cult moved to their citadel in the mountains. I would drive them all out if I could but I no longer possess the strength. Now the Ghost Mantis hunts my children with impunity.

After several hours he pauses, and sniffs the air. You have left the storm behind you, it appears to be unusually localised, probably the effect of a control weather spell from Rurat. We grow close to the hunting grounds of the Ghost Mantis. Prepare yourselves as best you can. Beware, the Ghost Mantis is not a creature of this world, they dwell in the spirit world and you will not be able to see them before they are upon us.

You are a few minutes away from the hunting grounds, feel free to cast any spells you want to. Minutes per level stuff will be fine, rounds per level or single minute spells like CL1 wands are likely to expire before the next encounter. Anyone who has it can make me a Knowledge: Dungeonerring check

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts True Seeing, and if her Heroism has expired, she will refresh that spell. She also casts Heroism on Valrir, Tortuga and Shump, wanting to guide their weapons to eliminate whatever they were to face.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

It was about a two hour trek here, your heroism cast at the pyramid will still be in effect

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Sounds like I'm probably on my second barkskin (2.5 hours each). Other than that I have no other preparations to make.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Sorry I was at a funeral all day yesterday. Do we think the spirit creature is incorporeal?


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

No-one has ye given me a dungeoneering check. Rurat will tell you that they are physical creatures who dwell in the spirit world. They appear from nowhere to attack thier prey

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25

The Ambassador looks through its collective memory for any pertinent information.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius ponders what the beasts might be...

Knowledge(Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The ambassador is unsure what Rurat is talking about however Gaius recognises the reference to the Ghost Mantis.

The Ghost Mantis is a creature sacred to Akachek. hey are colossal sized vermin capable of moving freely between the material plane and the ethereal plane. While lurking on the ethereal plane they can make opportunity atatcks against material beings using their claws. If they grab you they can transport themselves to the material plane as a free action. Normally they do so as a move acton.

The adult ghost mantis also possess rending jaws. If they hit a target with at least two of ther claw attacks and grab them the they can bite with their massive mandibles. These bite attacks can rip the targets armour from their body and possibly also break it.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Upon realising this, Gaius immediately casts Freedom of Movement on the entire party.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Good call, are you including Rurat in that? He is coming with you to help. I will kick things off tomorrow morning so people have until then to sort out any other preparations.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Sure, I will include him.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Preparations complete the group forge ahead. The lush jungle gives way to a desolate killing field. Enormous bones from countless creatures litter the barren field. An eerie mist settles heavy on the ground. A sulfuric stench rises from pits of a bubbly, black substance. On the far side of the blackened field looms a stone structure—a bleak, gray shadow in a tomb of emerald trees.

As you leave the edge of the jungle Alie spots the figures of the enormous lurking insects, hiding on the ethereal plane. As the group emerges into the field they quickly move to attack, emerging from the ethereal plane, buzzing loudly and clacking their hige claws together.

As only Alie can see them she gets to act in the surprise round. Alie, the Mantis are currently on the ethereal plane. This encounter is the other reason I dont want to run this using google slides. I have moved you on to the map. The Mantis are each 20' in the air. The pits of bubbling tar are potentially hazadous.

Surprise Round

Wynn
Gaius
Rurat
Shump
Tortuga
Sir Ambrose
The Ambassador
Alie
Orange
Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 104|104

Initiative:

Alie: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Valrar: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Wynnreyell: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Shump: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Tortuga: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Gaius: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Sir Ambrose: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ambassador: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Orange: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Red: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Rurat: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts Haste in the group, steeling them for the fight ahead. ”They are flying about 20’ up,” she points out to the others.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

I have a ring of Freedom of Movement FYI


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Alie hastes the group and then the creatures emerge from the ethereal plane.

Their surprise round action is simply emerging from the ethereal plane.

Round 1

Wynn
Gaius
Rurat
Shump
Tortuga
Sir Ambrose
The Ambassador
Alie

Orange
Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 104|104

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga enters his fighting stance (swift), sets his winged boots into action (standard) and begins to spiral skyward to a height of 40 feet, trying to make himself an attractive target for the creatures (move)

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar follows Tortuga's example, letting his armor carry him to a height where he can interpose himself between the mantises.

Activating Celestial Armor, moving 25 feet up, getting ready to parry. I tried changing my height value but it wouldn't let me?

Parry:
Parry, Heroism, Haste, size: 1d20 + 32 + 2 + 1 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 32 + 2 + 1 - 10 = 34

If in reach:
Riposte (+5 weapon): 1d20 + 32 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 32 + 2 + 1 = 46
Damage: 1d4 + 31 ⇒ (3) + 31 = 34

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

I added it for you. When you are selecting the icon, hover over it and type the number you want to assign. Not sure if you can do it on mobile, may be a desktop only thing.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie casts Glitterdust on the face of the creature to her immediate left. She then moves behind Wynn, looking for a little cover from the approaching beast

Will DC 20 to Resist.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump waits to see if they come towards the ground.

delay

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Being a diviner, Wynn always acts in the surprise round. Wynn would have just cast gravity bow.

Wynn fires off a volley of arrows at the target that alie just glitterdusted.

Haste, rapid shot, clustered shots

arrow #1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 6) + 8 = 15 damage
2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 additional if evil
1d6 ⇒ 1 electricity

arrow #1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16 damage
2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 additional if evil
1d6 ⇒ 5 electricity

arrow #1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16 damage
2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 additional if evil
1d6 ⇒ 6 electricity

arrow #1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 = 16 damage
2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4 additional if evil
1d6 ⇒ 6 electricity

arrow #1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 = 11 damage
2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 additional if evil
1d6 ⇒ 4 electricity

Is Wynn able to tell if the ghost mantis seems incoporeal? I couldn't tell if that was something obvious or not, so I shot normal arrows. I have ghost salt arrows for next round if helpful


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

@Valrar, orange and red are before you.

Tortuga soars into the air while Alie tries to incapacitate one of the insects. It shakes its head, unaffected by the spell but its carapce is now especially shiny and fabulous.

Wynn sends a barrage of arrows at the same creature but only a single one finds its mark, that carapace appears to be extremely thick.

@Wynn, they are not incorporeal, they just move easily between the material plane and the ethereal. They are very much physical beings. they dont take the Holy damage but they are affected by electricity. Orange takes 22 damage.

Rurat roars and the sound almost bursts your eardrums. The blue mantis to the right reels under the noise and is stunned. It crashes to the ground taking 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 falling damage and is stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

Orange flutters forward a little, its enormous wings creating a loud buzzing noise as it snaps out at Wynn. It hits easily, tearing into his flesh but not grabbing him due to the freedom of movement spell from Gaius.

Wynn takes 31 damage

Red also flies forward and up, looming over Tortuga. It snaps out but clearly is an unsteady flier as it misses entirely.

Valrar soars up into the air as well while Blue lies on the ground wondering what happened to it. It is partially in the boiling tar but does not seem bothered by that.

Combat rolls:

Will save versus glitterdust: 1d20 ⇒ 18
BlueWill save, roar: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Orange, Bite, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 6) + 15 = 31

Red, Bite, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 4) + 15 = 33

Round 2

Gaius - Delay
Sir Ambrose - Delay
Shump - Delay
Wynn
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie

Orange
Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange 29 damage
Blue 8 damage, stunned 1|2
Red

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Whoops, saw the Ambassador in bold and didn't think much about it. It wouldn't have much to do, we already tried recalling knowledge.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Recall knowledge? We aren't playing 2E yet! :)

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Ok I will forgot the evil damage rolls from now

"Alie, Remember the Woodsedge lodge...do that" Wynn the fires off another barrage of arrows at the giant mantis. same target as before

ALie:
In other words get us out of here...unless you have something better to do, then do that.

Haste, PBS, Point Blank Master,Gravity bow, Clustered shot, Rapid shot

arrow #1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 4) + 9 = 18 damage
1d6 ⇒ 5 electricity damage

arrow #2: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 6) + 9 = 20 damage
1d6 ⇒ 2 electricity damage

arrow #3: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 9 = 14 damage
1d6 ⇒ 5 electricity damage

arrow #4: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14 damage
1d6 ⇒ 3 electricity damage

arrow #5: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2) + 9 = 17 damage
1d6 ⇒ 5 electricity damage

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Im holding off until the others take their turns but teleporting away might be the best Avenue here.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Wynn planst a pair of arrows in orange, it chitters angrily at him.

Orange takes 42 damage

Round 2

Gaius - Delay
Sir Ambrose - Delay
Shump - Delay
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie

Wynn
Orange
Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange 61 damage
Blue 8 damage, stunned 1|2
Red

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

@Alie: It's alright - I have brought my own Kaiju to this fight ;-)

Seeing that the party is having trouble, Gaius frowns, and sighs.

"Lord Tesla? It would appear that we require your aid..."

He then (defensively) casts Quickened Divine Favour and Divine Vessel(Axiomatic) upon Sir Ambrose.

Electricity crackles and hums over Sir Ambrose' body, which swells to alarming proportions, as giant, dragonfly-like wings sprout from his back.

With a keening roar, he activates Dragon Style, and then pounces upon Orange!

Bite, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 32, for 2d6 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 32 damage.
Bite, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 43, for 2d6 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 37 damage.
Claw, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 35, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 31 damage.
Claw, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 43, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 30 damage.
Rake, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 44, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 28 damage.
Rake, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 39, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 29 damage.
Slam, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 47, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 31 damage.
Slam, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 43, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 28 damage.

Sir Ambrose' AC is currently 43 (41 due to charging), and he has DR 10/Chaos, and Freedom of Movement.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Still here. Still waiting for the rest of the troops.

How is orange looking after that barrage, GM?

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Tortuga delivers a flying kick toward the one soaring highest in the air (red).

AC 44 vs any AoO from movement.

The first attack will be a stunning fist. On a hit DC 25 Fort or be staggered for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 rounds.
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 = 16

If staggered, 2 free attacks from Medusa's Wrath.

Medusa's Wrath:
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 = 16
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (9, 8) + 5 = 22

If not staggered by the first attack, the second attack will be a Touch of Serenity. On a hit, no damage but DC 23 Will or be unable to attack including AoOs or immediate actions for 1 round.
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (1, 8) + 5 = 14

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (8, 1) + 5 = 14
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (10, 9) + 5 = 24
Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (10, 9) + 5 = 24


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Sir Ambrose charges at Orange, which takes a swipe at him as he closes with it but it cannot get any purchase through his magically reinforced hide. He tears it to pieces although it takes most of his attacks to do so

Sir Ambrose needs to go up a bit as while he can charge through allies he cannot end his movment sharing their square.

Tortuga flies forward, also provoking, but he is too nimble for the huge creature. It easily shrugs off the attempt to stagger it, not hard for such a massive creature and only two of the remaining attacks manage to connect.

Red takes 43 damage

Rurat strides forward and raises his spear to the heavens. He calls out n an ancient tongue, forgotten since before the Azlanti crawled out of the sea in the wake of Earthfall. The sky answers and with a thunderous explosion lightning erupts from him in all directions. Someehow, perhaps miraculously, it does not touch the group but it does rip through the bodies of all three insects. If orange wasnt already dead it now very much would be.

Rurat casts Stormbolts, hitting all three for 19d8 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 2, 3, 1, 5, 7, 4, 6, 1, 5, 5, 8, 8, 8, 2, 8, 3) = 84 electrical damage with a DC25 fortitude save. Both save taking 42 electrical damage

Combat Rolls:

OA on Ambrose, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 4) + 15 = 33

OA on Tortuga, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 3) + 15 = 30

Fort save, stunning fist: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Fort save, red stormbolts: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Fort save, blue, stormbolts: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Round 2

Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Shump - Delay
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie

Wynn
---------------------
Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange DEAD
Blue 50 damage, stunned 1|2
Red 85 damage

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie again casts Glitterdust, this time on the red enemy.

Will DC 20 to Resist.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Sorry, busy weekend. Where are the mantises on the Roll20 map? My champion wants to come in..whoops...he's still a paladin in this universe :)


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Zoom out and you should see them, they are very hard to miss. Orange is dead, blue is stunned and lying on the ground, red is 20' in the air

Red is blinded by Alies spell.

Combat rolls:

Will save: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Round 2

Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Shump
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie
Wynn
---------------------
Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange DEAD
Blue 50 damage, stunned 1|2
Red 85 damage, glitterdust blind

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump moves next to the stunned mantis.

double move


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Red, furious at having been blinded, strikes out at the creature that attacked it. One claw attack comes close but being blind throws it off. It does manage to recover from the glitterdust.

Combat rolls:

Bite, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Damage: 4d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 3) + 15 = 28
Blind, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 48

Claw, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (6, 4) + 15 = 25
Blind, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 15

Claw, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (6, 2) + 15 = 23
Blind, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 31

Claw, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Damage: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (7, 7) + 15 = 29
Blind, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 72

Claw, height: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Damage: 2d8 + 15 ⇒ (6, 7) + 15 = 28
Blind, low misses: 1d100 ⇒ 10

Glitterdust: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Round 2

Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Shump - Delay
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie
Wynn
Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange DEAD
Blue 50 damage, stunned 1|2
Red 85 damage

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 3/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar rises up to the mantises' level, then rushes forward (provoking if Combat Reflexes) to strike.

Attack: 1d20 + 27 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 27 + 2 + 1 = 49
Confirmation: 1d20 + 31 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 31 + 2 + 1 = 40
Damage: 1d4 + 27 ⇒ (2) + 27 = 29

If I confirm, will forgo extra damage to use Gloves of Marking. Allies get a +2 on attack/melee damage rolls against Red for 1 minute, it has to make a DC 25 Will save or be shaken for that long. The 1d8 ⇒ 3 sonic, 2 charisma, and 1 round stagger still go through.

Parry:
Parry, Heroism, Haste, size: 1d20 + 32 + 2 + 1 - 10 ⇒ (15) + 32 + 2 + 1 - 10 = 40

Riposte (+5 weapon): 1d20 + 32 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 32 + 2 + 1 = 44
Damage: 1d4 + 31 ⇒ (4) + 31 = 35


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Valrar stabs the giant insect somewhere vital and it gives the most hideous screeching noise he has perhaps ever heard. On the plus side, it doesnt seem to care about the shaken effect (It is a vermin and therefore immune).

Blue shakes its head and slowly starts coming round from the stun effect Rurat imposed on it.

Blue remains stunned until Rurats turn. It will be stunned for Gaius, Shump and Sir Ambrose but after that will revive.

Round 3

Gaius
Sir Ambrose
Shump
Rurat
Tortuga
The Ambassador
Alie
Wynn

Red
Valrar
Blue

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Freedom of Movement, Haste

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73
Wynnreyell 73|104

Orange DEAD
Blue 50 damage, stunned 0|2
Red 114 damage, 1 cha damage, stagered 1 round, marked [+2 MORALE bonus to attack and MELEE damage rolls against it]

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

"Be a dear fellow, and deal with that one, would you?"

Gaius points at Blue, and Sir Ambrose pounces!

Bite, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 48, for 2d6 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 31 damage.
Bite, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 36, for 2d6 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 33 damage.
Claw, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 40, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 29 damage.
Claw, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 38, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 33 damage.
Rake, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 37, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 28 damage.
Rake, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 32, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 28 damage.
Slam, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 35, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 30 damage.
Slam, Haste, Divine Favour, Divine Vessel, Charge: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 44, for 1d8 + 19 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 19 + 4 + 4 = 30 damage.

251 to 300 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.