GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Parts 1 and 2 (Inactive)

Game Master andreww

Maps and Slides

PC Initiative:

[dice=Alie]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+2[/dice]

PC Perception:

[dice=Alie]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Valrar]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+19[/dice]
[dice=Shump]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Rhino]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Gaius]1d20+25[/dice]
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+1[/dice]

PC Spellcraft:

[dice=Alie]1d20+15+2[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+15[/dice]

PC Will save:

[dice=Alie]1d20+14 +2[/dice], +2 vs illusions
[dice=Valrar]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Wynnreyell]1d20+13[/dice], +2 vs fear and enchantments
[dice=Shump]1d20+11[/dice], Immune charm, disease, fear
[dice=Rhino]1d20+5[/dice], +4 vs enchantment
[dice=Tortuga]1d20+18[/dice], +2 vs enchantments
[dice=Gaius]1d20+14[/dice], +4 vs enchantment, +10 vs mind affecting, +2 vs transmutation, +1 vs death
[dice=Sir Ambrose]1d20+13[/dice], +4 morale vs enchantment, +4 untyped vs enchantment, +2 vs sleep, paralysis, stun, +2 vs aberrations, undead, outsiders SLA's, SU and spells, +1 vs death
[dice=Ambassador]1d20+7[/dice], SR24

GM Notes:

Awarenness: 4


151 to 200 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Did the leg sweep attack hit and trip orange? I just need to know if I have to mark off the punishing kick use. Since he was stunned I got a 25 instead and he would have not had his Dex.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Yes, that tripped him

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius wades over to Wynnreyell, and dumps a Heal into the Elf.

"It is not your time..."


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Wynnns eyes flicker open and he finds himself lying face down on the cold stone platform.

Round Two

Tortuga
Shump
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell - prone
Alie

Yellow Claw - turtle
Valrar
Ambassador
Purple Claw - paralysed
Red Claw - unconscious

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste (all bar Tortuga)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, exhausted
Ambassador 73|73, exhausted
Wynnreyell 104|104, 2 negative levels, prone

Red Claw 106 damage, B1, 2 cha dmg, unconscious
Blue Claw 86 damage, B2, F1, 2 cha damage
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image, paralysed

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie delays her action, seeing that the battle appeared well in hand.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Thank you Gaius, talke about going from E to F in a heartbeat

The elven archer stands and grabs his bow from the ground. Two move actions, stand and then to grab bow


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The little turtle swims forward furiously and buts Gaius in the ankle.

Round Two

Tortuga
Shump
Blue Claw
Gaius
Wynnreyell
Alie
Yellow Claw - turtle
Valrar
Ambassador

Purple Claw - paralysed
Red Claw - unconscious

Bold may act.

Group Effects: Invisibility Purge, Haste (all bar Tortuga)

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131, invisibility purge
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146, exhausted
Ambassador 73|73, exhausted
Wynnreyell 104|104, 2 negative levels

Red Claw 106 damage, B1, 2 cha dmg, unconscious
Blue Claw 86 damage, B2, F1, 2 cha damage
Yellow Claw(L) 0 damage, F1, shield of faith +4, TURTLED
Purple Claw 0 damage, F1, B1, shield of faith +3, 1 mirror image, paralysed

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar yawns widely, not waiting to stop before continuing on his ever-slowing rampage.

Swing 1: 1d20 + 28 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 28 + 1 - 3 = 45
Confirmation: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (1) + 30 = 31
Damage: 1d4 + 27 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 27 - 3 = 25
Extra Damage?: 1d4 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 plus 1d8 ⇒ 2 sonic, 2 charisma, 1 round stagger

If I crit or KO Blue, I get to make another save against the Bells with my Ring of Resilience. On a success, the condition is removed.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Valrars blow is slow and rather clumsy for him. It looks headed straight for the mans throat but it dips as his limbs grow heavy and instead pierces him through the chest. His eyes go wide and he slumps to the ground. Valrar feels oddly energised as the man collapses.

No crit due to the nat 1 on the confirm but he is unconscious.

Purple struggles to overcome the spell binding his limbs but it is simply too strong for him.

Rolls:

Valrar ring save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Purple will save: 1d20 ⇒ 5

At this point I am going to call the fight. You have 3 claws left, one is a very angry turtle, one is unconscious and one is paralysed. You have secured the Pagoda, at least for now. At some point some luckless worshipper is likely to wander down and discover what has happened but you have a little while. The stairs descend about 300' and the silence effect means the carnage has not been heard.

What do you do?

Status, anyone can read:

Alie 138|125
Gaius 131|131
Sir Ambrose 110|110
Shump 150|150
Tortuga 169|169
Valrar 146|146
Ambassador 73|73, exhausted
Wynnreyell 104|104, 2 negative levels

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Shump sheathes his sword.

"Perhaps one of these assassins will give us some answers"

He frees some of the prisoners too.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”That was so good everyone! Great job! Let’s make sure we get all these prisoners out of here. If those icky Mantis want to take them captive, I’m sure we need to save them!’

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar starts idly slashing through the manacles, but waits on others to talk to the prisoners. If the assassins are to be interrogated, though, he picks up the turtle. He puts it squarely in the paralyzed claw's field of view and smiles.

"This member of your group fared the best. Apart from you, possibly but not necessarily. Feel like talking when you can?"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

As Valrar threatens the remaining conscious assassin he sneers in his face, I don't know who you are but you have signed your own death warrants, you will be dead before the day is out.

Outside of magical compulsion the assassins will tell you nothing. I think we can draw a discete veil over their fate. I assume someone uses detect magic and identifies their gear, you have enough spellcraft that most things wont be an issue.

At the mention of freedom the prisoners begin to beg for help. Talking to them it quickly becomes obvious that none of them is in their own body. Most of them are servants, guards or functionaries for various important people in the Inner Sea Region. It seems they were kidnapped and then their minds were transferred into new bodies and they were kept here for interrogation.

However, you do make one discovery. In the body of the monkey goblin you find ex-pirate Captain Stanton Strake.

Thanks for the rescue lads and lasses, who the hell are you and why would you risk your lives going against the Mantis to rescue us lot?

What do you do? Also, if you want to rescue the prisoners do you have a plan for how you are going to do that given the Pagoda above you is crawling with worshippers of Akacehk. There are 12 prisoners in total.

Loot:

Each of the four regular claws wears a +2 chain shirt, +1 sawtooth sabre, amulet of natural armor +1 and cloak of resistance +1. Each of the two large claws wears a +4 chain shirt, +2 sawtooth sabre, amulet of natural armor +1 and cloak of resistance +2. It is apprent to you however that this equipment is flawed, if taken too far from this area it will dissolve into a puddle of blood.

However, each of the six claws also wears a Mask of the Mantis

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie takes a mask. ”This might help us get these people out of here. If six Mantis types are taking the prisoners somewhere, maybe we won’t draw much attention. And Strake, we need to talk to you. If it weren’t for your party guests, we’d have never known you were here! We are looking for the gnome, Eyleysia.”

Diplomacy 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The little monkey goblin looks up to Alie. Aye, I know Eylysia, the little lass has been helping me compile a history of the Island. Right clever one she is. In return I pass on the odd bit of information from the outside world to her. Anyway, who are you and what do you want with Eylysia?

He looks around, I dont suppose you can do anything abouy my current...predicament. Don't want to be stuck in a goblin body for the rest of me life.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Do we know of a way to get him swapped back? Would Greater Dispel Magic do the trick?

Spellcraft 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

You know that Break Enchantment will restore him to his real body although that is currently back at his compound.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

"Maybe I've got some wands that could help..."

Enlarge Person
Mage Armor
Infernal Healing
Break Enchantment (CL 10)
Freedom of Movement
Lesser Restoration
Cure Light Wounds

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynnreyell picks up the mask and examines it. "Alie, I think you are onto something. A few of us can wear the armor and mask and we can escort the others out.[b]" He then looks over the sabers, [b]"I'm not trained to use these blades, let's hope we do not have to use them. We just have to get out the gate"

Wynn is up to dressing up and playing the part. The only problem I foresee is getting all of our gear out with arising suspicion.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

Do we have more castings of veil available? We could use that to change our disguise, couldn't we?


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

You now have access to Strake, the man you came here to talk about. You may want to engage with him a bit.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”I’d rather tell you about us and answer all your questions after we get to somewhere safe. I’m Alie. How’s that to start? If more Mantis come back, we might be in trouble. Will you trust us that much? I dont want this while pagoda after us, right guys,” Alie says, turning to the rest of the group.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Goblin Strake levers himself to his feet. Aye, I'll come with you, where are we going and how do we get there without being spotted? My place isn't safe any more, once they learn I am gone it will be the first place they look.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”We have to get you back there for at east a moment, if we want to break this curse and get you in your right body. Then, you can vanish into the wind in your actual right form.”

She turns to the others. ”We could do that Veil trick again, couldn’t we? I think it works twice a day, if I remember right. We could all turn into Mantis type. The ones I can’t fit into the illusion can wear the masks and take the weapons to complete the look,” she suggests.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

"Sounds good Alie. Let us do it."

Maybe once we get clear of this, they can take me a temple to be healed.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Oh, I completely spaced on that! I thought the goblin was a different person who was also swapped.

Valrar shifts into his human form. He now wears the Mantis robes and mask. He picks up one of the sabres, albeit with distaste. "Looks like it could hurt a lot, but it's not so special. Here's hoping I don't have to use it."

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

"Does anyone have a spell that will teleport us a few yards out of here? Closer to Strakes place?"


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

You can use the Veil trick again however Mnomonic Vestment is a once per day thing so you will use the caster level of the scroll (11) and it will be expended in the use. That would let you cover 11 people. There are 12 prisoners plus the six of you.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Alie shakes her head at Shump’s question. ”I have a scroll of teleport, but it will only work for me, plus three or four of us. I think we are going to have to use the Veil Spell, if we don’t mind using it up. There will be one of us not covered, but if the Magic makes all of us not in the masks look like prisoners, and the the ones in the Mantis masks look like guards, it should get us out of there in one piece.”

Ive forgotten who had the Veil scroll. If they are okay with using its magic, we ought to be able to get out.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius shrugs.

"I could Plane Shift them somewhere nice, like Heaven...?"

Re: Veil, we are all still covered by it, so we don't need to 'recast' it, to cover ourselves.

I have two scrolls, so I am happy for one to be used, if we really need to.

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Oooo, I had no idea Veil would last 14 hours for Alie after she stops concentrating on it! But, we’d have to change the image to add in the prisoners, I think, so that might take a new casting.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

You could plane shift them but only 8 at a time and you have to go with them. Coming back is highly inaccurate. I am going to assume you expend a Veil scroll to get the prisoners out and most of you then use some of the Mantis equipment to improve your disguises as you leave.

Gathering everything together the group of you head back uupstairs into the Pagoda. Crossing the Courtyard you continue to feel eyes crawling over you. There are some comments from the occasional passerby but the mark does not reoccur.

Passing into the streets you head towards Strake's compound, the only vaguelly safe place you know in the entire misbeggoten city. Traffic is heavy and such a large group attracts attention, even disguised as you are. You are soon stopped by a patrol of the Blood Guard, the viscious enforcers of the Red Mantis in the City. Before you can get off the street a group of them surround you and their leader approaches Valrar.

Hey, you there, who are you and where are you taking these people? Explain yourself and provide your identification.

If you want to talk your way past the patrol then I need a bluff, diplomacy or intimidate check from Valrar. The rest of you may aid if you wish but I need to know how you are doing so/what you say or do. You could of course also try to fight you way free.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

Wynn is useless in social encounters. So he will just keep his mouth shut

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

Valrar straightens until he stands a head taller than usual, courtesy of his hat. "Our group was dispatched to re-acquire an...escaped problem. Making our way to the dwelling of Stanton Strake unnoticed, as you can see, proves difficult with our numbers. But diviners noted it was the best chance of a successful mission. Don't interfere with their estimates." He idly twirls a sawtooth sabre, though he'd be a joke with it in an actual fight.

"I've worked hard to stop being doubted in this work. Just some brutish big man, right? I don't want to give every skeptic a demonstration, painful or the rare otherwise. I'll give you the chance to leave me be and ask another time, or not at all."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26

Well that wasn't excellent. Let's try a reroll.

Reroll, GM Star: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 1 = 43

Out of curiosity, what does the leader look like? Gender, any different weapons or armor? And what exactly do our taken sabres do?

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1

I should only aid if you actually want to get into combat.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The leader of the patrol is a tall, broad shouldered woman with a prominent scar on the left side of her face. The patrol is armoured with well made breastplates and carry a variety of weapons, cutlasses, axes, halberds and crossbows. You recovered a number of magical sawtooth sabres, four +1 and one +2.

The woman seems satisfied with Valrars answers and grunts at you, On your way and good luck with whatever it is you are doing, I don't want, or need, to know any more about it.

With that the group is able to make their way back to Strakes compound. He takes you in through a side entrance into the stone compound. In my current condition there isn't much I can do. If you could do something about that it would be appreciated. Now, if you could get one of the servants to fetch Doane I can start packing and he can make arrangements to help this lot he says, gesturing at the other prisoners. The City is clearly not safe for me anymore.

He looks around the small office you have entered with a wistful sigh. I am probably going to have to leave most of my research behind, too much to carry. Years of work wasted. He slumps into a chair and pours himself a large glass on brandy. So, who are you really and why have you come to rescue an old pirate like me, I am guessing it isn't out of the kindness of your hearts?

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

”We didn’t lie. We are here looking for the gnome. She’s got information the Society needs. About a betrayer to our cause. And we were told you were the one person who knew where she might be. I think us saving you demonstrates that we are serious about this business,” Alie says with a smile.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29

Someone had a Break Enchantment scroll didn’t they? This would be the time to use that, I think.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

Gaius clears his throat, and pats Alie on the shoulder, before graciously stepping in to continue the discussion.

"That was, mind you, not all we were asked... Specifically, the Decemvirate member who tasked us with this described Elysia as a threat, and wanted her brought back to 'face justice', and if she was unwilling, to eliminate her. That said, I am willing to keep an open mind, and hear what she has to say."

He frowns.

"Over the centuries of my existence, I have noticed how... politics... can sometimes cloud issues like 'guilt' and 'innocence'. I am telling you this, in a spirit of cooperation and trust, so that you can actually believe what I am telling you."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 33 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 33 + 2 = 41.

Liberty's Edge

Lawful Good Dwarf Monk (Unchained) 15 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 169/169 | AC: 39 (30 T, 35 F) | CMD: 50 | F: 20, R: 19, W: 18 | Init: 10 | Perc: 25 | Speed 70, fly 90 (good) |
Tracked Resources:
Ki Pool 7/13 | Stunning Fist 11/17 | Punishing Kick 15/15 | Touch of Serenity 13/15 | Winged Boots 1/3 | Reroll 0/1
Alie Saechel wrote:
Someone had a Break Enchantment scroll didn’t they? This would be the time to use that, I think.

I have a wand of it that casts at CL 10.

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

"We can take your research back if neeeded"


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Strake nods, Pathfinders, that makes sense. Even after all these years and how they treated her, Eylysia still cares about you Pathfinders. Last time we spoke, she told me she’d discovered a terrible secret—something so dire that she couldn’t wait for me to sneak out messages. She said she had to do something more dangerous to contact the one person she could trust to do what needed to be done. She wouldn’t tell me more than that.

He looks at Gaius, Justice you say, not so sure about that but. She's is a friend and nearing the end of her life anyway, I wouldn't want to see her harmed. I can't help you much. I don't know where she lives, she keeps it a secret. She seldom visits the city, so when I need to make contact, I hire kobold messengers to deliver packages to a ruined pyramid deep in the jungle. She doesn’t live there, but she picks up my messages and leaves me notes in return. Perhaps you could pick up her trail from there? She must live somewhere nearby.

Sovereign Court

Male Human (Taldan/Ulfen) Swashbuckler 15 | HP 155/157 | AC 40/26/25 | F +15, R +22, W +14 | CMB +12, CMD 30 | Init +11 | Perc +1 | Fortification 25% | Panache 1/8 | Charmed Life (+5) 4/6 | Imp. Iron Will 0/1 |
Active Conditions:
Planar Infusion II (+1 Fort, +2 Demoralize, +2 Crit Confirm, Curse Terrain 1/day)
Ambassador

"What did we do to the gnome to push her away? And should we assume others don't likely frequent this pyramid?"


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

I'm afraid I don't know what happened, I know she was there right back at the beginning when the society was founded and work started to build the Grand Lodge. Sorry I cannot be more help, if you find her perhaps you can ask.

He looks out of the window. The ruins are near the center of the island, in a section of jungle that few people travel to. There is a large stone spire near the ruins called the Horn that can be seen for miles around, so you can use that to navigate. A word of warning though, the area is guarded by Rurat, Champion of the Green. He’s a fascinating creature, a saurian who shepherds the dinosaurs of the island. I have been writing a book about him. His kind used to the rule island, but the Red Mantis have hunted them nearly to extinction. He kills all trespassers.

Anyone who wants to can give me a Knowledge History and Knowledge Nature check

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

Know. Nature 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Elf Arcane Archer 8/ Fighter 6 / Wizard 1 | HP 122/122 | AC 28 T 19 FF 21 | CMB +18, CMD 37 | F: +16, R: +18, W: +14 | Init: +10 | Perc: +21, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Diviner's Fortune:7/7; Seeker Arrow: 3/3; Phase Arrow: 2/2; Arcane Bond: 0/1; GM Reroll: 0/1 | Spells: Listed in Profile| Active conditions:

I guess this means we ditch the red mantis disguises so he at least gives us a chance to talk before sending his dinos on us." Wynn says jokingly.

knowledge history: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

will i get a chance to get rid of the negative levels before moving on to the next part


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

The negative levels are temporary, they go away after a minute. It will take a good two weeks or so of hacking through the jungle to reach the Pyramid unless you have a way of speeding things up. Does anyone have any more questions for Strake? If not I will move us on over the weekend as I head to Paizocon UK today.

Sovereign Court

Male Samsaran (Dual-Cursed) Lunar Oracle 17 (AC 28/20/18; HP 139/139; Fort +13, Ref +23, Will +14; Init +13; CMD 17; Perception +26)

"Why kobold emissaries? They can't exactly be common around here..."

Silver Crusade

male Ftr 2/ Cav 6/Pal 8 HP 150 | AC 41/40; Touch 15; FF 39 | F +20; R +9; W +11 | CMB +24; CMD 40 | Speed 20 ft | Init +0 | Perc +1 | Stealth: -6 Cavalier/Ftr/Paladin

Do we want to teleport there?

Sovereign Court

Fey Sorcerer 14 | HP 125/125 (+ _20_ temp HP) | AC (25)18, Touch 15, Flat Footed 15 | CMD 18 | Fort: (19)+17, Ref: (18)+15, Will: (17)+15 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Init. +6 | Perception +2 | SM 0

I can’t get all of us with my one teleport scrolls, unfortunately.


Rasping Rebirth (Low Tier)

Monkey goblin Shrake shrugs, Honestly, I dont know. I've tried sending human messengers and they dont cone back. Eylysia seems to manage too, maybe she has some sort of arrangement with Rurat, we have never discussed it, sorry I cannot be more help.

151 to 200 of 923 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMAndrewW's Passing the Torch Part 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.