Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


901 to 950 of 1,445 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Once everyone’s safely inside, Adonara’s confidence crystallizes into an easy saunter – though she keeps one hand on the bladed whip at her hip. She trails her free hand over the cashbox as she walks by, murmuring, “Someone is being clever, I’d guess. There’s nothing like an empty till to suggest, ‘Heavens, no, no one’s been here for ages!’ And all these toys?”

Moving on, she pulls sleeves forward to take a closer look, picks up a pipe or teases a string just short of extracting a note. “These hardly seem to be priceless treasures, but if Hocum had to start worrying about the creditors coming to call, surely someone would have moved these, one way or another?”

She pads quietly ahead to look into the next room. Unless, of course, she stirs something up as she pokes about. :)


You find at the back of the podium:

1pp
4gp
2sp
ring of swimming


What do you want to do?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira looks at the room with new eyes. "I hadn't thought of it that way. There's no way Hocum wouldn't have cleaned out the money completely, so the fact that you found some implies something else is going on. You're right, it is clever."

"I guess that's this room cleared out then. Let's keep going." Kira ventures into the next room, still looking around for any signs of people having recently been present.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Moving into E3.


Macabre taxidermy and menacing skeletons line the walls of this fifty foot circular chamber. A middling quality fresco of terrifying and fantastic beasts line the domed ceiling overhead. Large double doors lie to the northeast, southeast and northwest; the northwest doors hang wide open.

Kira, you can see what appears to be tracks and other recent disturbances in the dust on the floor.

Knowledge nature checks please.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro heads in and, as usual, scans for the signs of any evil presence in the room.

Knowledge? What is this "knowledge" of which you speak?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“I may have spoken too soon,” Adonara admits, as the survey of the entrance turns up a silver ring along with a handful of coins. As the group presses on and she takes in the next room’s unexceptional decoration as well as the tracks in the dust, she calls up a bit of magic to search for other sorts of traces too, holding up the ring in an attempt to help sort out two questions at once. Casting detect magic, sweeping the area first, and then taking a few seconds to examine and hopefully identify the ring.

Spellcraft, vs. DC 17 (I think?): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27 Know (nature, untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

I'll be darned. I'm not sure that natural 20 is worth much, depending on whether the (nature) check can be made untrained, but maybe Adonara picked up the damnedest things even cloistered in a cathedral school.

Adonara is hardly as crude as to whistle, but after a few moments, she tosses the ring lightly into the air with studied casualness before catching it again. "Too soon indeed. This is definitely magic - almost certainly something to help a swimmer, but in any case something only a very wealthy person would overlook. But in that case..." Either Hocum wasn't struggling as much as it seemed, or something terrible might well have happened here.

What she actually says aloud is, "Or, rather, in any, I'm not sure about those tracks..." If she can make that check untrained and her result's good enough, there'll be another "but" to finish off that sentence. ;)


Adonara, just looking around you can see that most of the exhibits are fakes,stitched together from bits of various animals, some of the other monsters have been mislabelled as well. The tracks seem to head west and north and appear to be be sandelled feet.

Lodoro you can detect 2 evil presences in the room coming from two of the exhibits and as you look two of the ape skeletons start to move.

Knowledge religion

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Pellius initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Rutilus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Skunk ape skeletons: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Lodoro initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Rutilus and Pellius and Adonara

Block 2: Skunk apes

Block 3: Lodoro and Kira

So Rutilus and Pellius your actions.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“… but I think whoever made them was wearing something light. Maybe sandals? See here? There are no signs of nail marks or the like, so at least there’s hope that jackbooted dottari or the bloody Hellknights haven’t been stomping through here.”

Looking up from the tracks, Adonara rests her gaze on the stuffed monsters and wired skeletons scattered around the room as she tries to decide whether following the tracks first is best. A smirk curves her mouth as she realizes, pointing, “Ha! That’s a fake, and that, and whatever that is in the bell jar, it’s not a real hellwasp.”

Her bemusement turns to alarm, when, as Lodoro approaches one of the posed skeletons, it twitches. The priestess just has time to shout, “Watch out!” Know (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Ah, well. You win some, you lose some. Even those of us who try to always *be* winsome.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

K. Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Frozen momentarily in fear, Kira's eyes widen as she sees the skeletons.

Infernal:
"Oh no! Those are..." [insert whatever information her K. Religion check gave her here.]


Kira you recognise the creatures as skunk ape skeletons. They are immune to cold and have damage reduction except against bludgeoning weapons.


Rutilus, Pellius and Adonara, your actions.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Inwardly cursing whoever was clever or lucky enough to opt for guardians that don’t bleed, Adonara reaches for the mace she liberated from one of the reactionary thugs the group clashed with after that first protest…

She quickly positions herself where one of the exhibits that’s not moving can offer her back some protection, before calling up a bolt of life energy to blast at the nearest skeleton as it closes. Move to take up position and draw her weapon, standard to cast disrupt undead at the nearest skeleton. Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage if hits: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Trying to confirm the crit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage if confirmed: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Adonara's bolt strikes one of the creatures and it howls in pain. It is still there but only just.

Pellius and Rutilus, your actions


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Sorry about the delay.

Steping forward, Pellius shakes his head. Wonderful.. now we have the dead to deal with.

The bard begins to sing a requiem as he draws his sword.

Start Bardic performance (inspire courage) and draw weapon as my actions.


Rutilus moves across to attack one of the apes.

Falcata: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The apes then attack Rutilus and Adonara

club on Rutilus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

club on Adonara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Lodoro and Kira, your actions


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira brings her hands together in a quick prayer. "May Desna keep up all safe this fight!" Then she starts heading towards Rutilus who had clearly taken a hard hit, drawing her light mace as she goes.

Casting Bless for an extra +1 to all attack rolls.


Lodoro moves forward and attacks the ape attacking Adonara.

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
glaive: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Block 1 back to you.


One of the skunk ape skeletons shatters into thousands of pieces under the power of Lodoro's blow.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Don't forget to include the +1s from inspire courage folks... extra to attack, weapon, and saves vs charm or fear simply by listening to the pompous diva sing.

Pellius moves a bit to the side to prevent the remaining creature from being able to rush too far that direction, singing all the while.

Free action to maintain Inspire Courage (12/14 rounds remain), move action to move to the point I am on the map now (think that is about 15 feet, not sure), ready action to attack the creature with my longsword if it gets within melee range.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

As the others sweep in, Adonara swings herself round the exhibit she backed herself up against and conjures another flashing silver bolt at the remaining skeleton, standing clear to make sure Lodoro has enough room to press his attack.

Ranged touch, into melee: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 11 Damage if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


The remaining ape manages to dodge the bolt.

Rutilus, your action.


Rutilus moves across and attacks the remaining ape.

falcata: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Rutilus hits the ape, it is battered but it is still there.

In response the ape attacks Rutilus.

club: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Block 3, over to you.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira takes a deep breath and dashes around the skeleton. It seems nearly dead, and even if she can't finish it off herself perhaps she can distract it from a better fighter.

Light Mace, Bless, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 17
B. Damage, IC: 1d4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

Moving around the skeleton to attack. That should provoke an AOO, but Kira's AC is 21 vs AOOs due to Mobility.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Gol DURN Paizo. Ate another post :-)

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
glaive: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

"Ha!! Take that!!"


Between Kira's mace and Lodoro's glaive the remaining ape skeleton is destroyed into splinters.

Where to next?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira shakily resheathes her mace, thankful that the creature has finally been defeated. Then she gets a closer look at Rutilus.

"Oh no, you're hurt! Here, let me help you."

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

It takes nearly all her spells to do it, but finally the dreadful wounds close. "That was close. Too close." She shivers as she looks around the room. Doors on every wall, but the ones to the west are open. Is that simply a sign that someone recently passed through there? Or is it a deliberate trap?

What started as a happy journey to possibly find her father has gotten a lot more dangerous.

"I...I guess we should go through the open doors? But carefully."

I believe Rutilus took 22hp worth of damage, so Kira's CLW should heal him back up almost to full. That is most of her spells though, so until we rest again her healing potential is limited.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius stops singing and takes a moment to examine the skeletons, seeking to see if there is anything of note on them.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Of course. No sense in further alerting whatever might be further within."


Pellius you can hear nothing to the north and west, to the east you can hear a shuffling sound.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius stands up straight at the sound of the shuffling, waving his arms and coughing as he does. Once his companions look at him, he points toward the eastern passage and pantomimes something dragging its feet with one hand over the flat of the other.

Picking up his sword again, he says a bit loudly, "Well, I am glad that no other things seem to be around here. Perhaps it will be easy to find what we are looking for now."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Picking up on Pellius’ act, Adonara nods sagely and answers loudly, improvising, “You were right. It’s a natural place to hide … something that people don't want found.”

Taking just enough time to swap out her mace for her bladed whip, for the reach it gives her, she tiptoes over to the door Pellius indicates and tries to crack it open as discreetly as possible, quietly, and just enough to see if she can spot whatever’s shuffling around. Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

If it doesn't look too dangerous, she'll open the door.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira stands back, eyes a little wide. Oh Desna...please don't let there be more of those things!


Adonara, you manage to open the door a crack.

This series of open galleries may have once held numerous paintings and other objects of curiosity in several glass cases, but today the displays are all empty.

In the room are several human figures dressed in faded noble's outfits, their skin appears charred and burnt.

Knowledge religion

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Leaning in at the door, Adonara gestures with her free hand for a moment of patience as she tries to figure out what she’s seeing. Some novel form of undead? Know (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Hmm. Not brilliant. If she can learn anything useful with that, we can assume she’ll slink back to tell the others, so all y'all feel free to jump in. :)


Adonara, you recognise the creatures as zombies but you don't recall anything else about them.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

”Zombies? Why are there so many undead in this place?” Kira tries to recall what she knows of such creatures.

K. Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“They look scorched,” Adonara adds in a whisper. She continues reluctantly, sure what she has to say next will upset Kira, “I hate to say it, but I wonder if the inquisition has already passed through here, at least in a surface-level sweep. Remember the mess left in the livery?”

She looks around the group with what she hopes is an encouraging glance. After all, Rutilus has just been battered about quite viciously, so she doesn’t want to be too blasé about starting another melee. “Right now, I can manage a bit more healing, and I’ve a cantrip prepared that will let me pull enough life magic out of the air to whittle away at the forces animating the undead indefinitely. How does this sound?”

Putting on her official Silver Ravens strategist hat! :)

She’d suggest positioning everyone so the group can throw the doors open, so she, Kira, and Pellius would get at least a round of shooting in, then Lodoro and Rutilus could hopefully hold the line at the chokepoint of the doorway while everyone else keeps firing. Thoughts?


Kira, you know that zombies have damage reduction except everything except slashing weapons and they are also able to only take single actions every round.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4
Adonara Strixis wrote:
“I hate to say it, but I wonder if the inquisition has already passed through here, at least in a surface-level sweep. Remember the mess left in the livery?”

Kira closes her eyes. She’d been afraid of that herself; she can’t imagine her father or anyone he worked with animating the skeletons. But still...she’d been hoping...

He might still be alive.

It’s a hope that’s growing weaker by the day.

Kira visibly composes herself and focuses on the task at hand. ”Zombies. Not particularly dangerous, they’re too slow. But arrows aren’t going to do much to stop them.” Kira pauses, looking at Adonara. ”Your cantrip should work well. I’m not sure how many spells Pellius has left; I’m running low and should probably save the couple I have for if someone gets hurt. I can throw my daggers, but once they’re gone I’m afraid I’ll be rather useless. Overall though it sounds like a good plan.”


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

On mobile so will post when I get to my comp. Short answer is I have all of my spells but most won't help here. I have an idea using ghost sound though... maybe try to lure them elsewhere.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

OK, so now back at an actual computer, so multitabbing is easier. As is formatting. Before I get into my turn, will spell out what I was alluding to above. I have all my spells available, but because Pellius was training for the opera most of them either impact his performance (ex: Aspect of the Nightingale) or only affect living creatures (ex: Lullaby/Sleep). Ear-piercing scream might work, but to say that it would be underwhelming in the circumstances might be an understatement. That said, I was thinking that a combination of dancing lights and ghost sound might be able to lure the zombies in a direction... assuming they notice it that is. The other thing I could possibly do would be to use some of my bardic performance rounds to use Devastating Aria (1d4+3 sonic... technically halved for "living creatures" but zombies are dead already... so would need a rules check on that) but rounds spent on that would be rounds not spent buffing everyone.

Pellius hazards a quick look, trying to determine if he can identify the house or era the former nobles came from.

Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Turning back, he shrugs. "My magic, such as it is, is mostly just useful to make parties and performances that much more lively... or to help drunk or belligerent audience members enjoy a quick nap."

As if to emphasize this, he creates a luminescent figure in different colored light noble robes to give them a bow. They can hear it seeming to laugh a bit as it does. Use Dancing Light (humanoid form) and ghost sound, but well away from where the zombies would see it.

"I might not be really proficient with this sword, but I can use it. I will, of course, keep on singing inspirational songs to keep us in tune with each other... but beyond that you are best looking for a wizard or a priestess... maybe a priezardess." The bard chuckles at his own joke.


Pellius, you recognise the clothes and symbols as being of the Victocora estate. With horror you realise that two of the figures are Rexus' father and sister.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

As he is speaking, the wheels of recognition spin in Pellius' brain. Where have I seen them before... oh no... oh sweet Shelyn... no no no... The color rapidly drains from his face as the realization of exactly who the zombified forms were in life dawns on him.

"Blood of the muse.... you are not wrong, Adonara. The night of Ashes and the perpetrators behind it were, indeed, here. Unless I am very much mistaken, and I pray to my dear lady Shelyn that for once I am... but unless I am... those two were, in life, Rexus' father and sister. Which, I suppose, explains the charring. It would seem that if our Lord Mayor could not have their loyalty in life that he would stoop low enough to compel it in death." The bard spits on the ground, though again far enough away that the former Victocora house members should not hear.

"There has to be a way to grant them peace without mangling them further. They have suffered enough indecencies."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

As the singer’s tone shifts, Adonara considers the options. She gestures quickly just ahead of herself, as if to reinforce a hastily-constructed mental model, as she maps out the likely possibilities of the space.

“My bit of magic can cut the strings of unlife that desecrates these poor souls without further harm to the bodies, but I’m afraid I can’t yet channel enough at once to, say, snap a whole handful at a time.” If Erisia were here, or, goddess! Via…

She refocuses, addressing Pellius’ tactical suggestion directly. “The main problem is that we don’t yet know where we could lure the zombies to. That does sound like a reasonable plan once we do, though. Why don’t we circle around through the open doors first, like Kira suggested, and then, depending on what we find, we might have a better sense of how - and where - to put down the undead. At the very least, we won’t be surprised by them, and we might be able to buy another few seconds to start undoing this puppetwork.”

If that sounds like a reasonable compromise, I’m all for it: leave the zombies until we’ve checked the west and north first, since the zombies aren’t going to be particularly curious, then, once we get to them, have Pellius try to distract them before we engage.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius nods at his elven companion's observation. "True... and honestly I am not an expert on the risen dead... for all I know they might not react to light or sound. Still, best to know what else is around us before trying to lure them anywhere. In the best case perhaps we could set up a trap for them to fall into... bring back someone that has a better grasp on that magical artform you have the beginnings of. At any rate, perhaps placing something before the door to keep it from opening might be in order while we explore the other rooms would be wise."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I think giving them peace is more important than what happens to their bodies after their spirits have moved on. I think we're overthinking this and should just go in and kill them. I'd rather kill them than have us behind us. But, of course, I'll go with the majority"

Paladin. All problems can be solved with a glaive :-) :-). Feel VERY free to override me :-)


So what's the plan?

901 to 950 of 1,445 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.