[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


601 to 618 of 618 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Well, it's all a bit technical..." She hefts a tome filled with crabbed writing including what looks like some sort of custom shorthand utilizing symbols you're not familiar with, "But the long and the short of it is I'm trying to categorize and better understand the flow of energies between the First World and our planes. Eventually, we should be able to control, or even create stable portals to the First World!"

[ooc]Chronicles up here!
Once everyone's gotten chronicles applied, wedding bells will soon be ringing in The Blakros Matrimony!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Chronicle applied to Wilen (quick because not at a level-up).

Thank you!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

No level up here either! Next time!

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan is ready for the wedding. He only hopes the color scheme is not red.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

One can only hope, eh?

I'm off at a con this weekend, so I'll get us rolling on Monday :-)

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Did I miss the start?

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

if you did, i did too


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Woof. Rough week. Sorry guys, but... we are away!

Only a handful of other Pathfinders, most of them initiates, walk the halls near the office of Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin.

The Grand Lodge’s chamberlain sits behind an organized desk, reading a recently printed chronicle, and tapping his finger on an elaborate open envelope, the only sound in the eerily silent Pathfinder Society headquarters.

“Can you believe this place?” Valsin calmly asks, keeping his eyes squared on his chronicle. “Almost every agent worth her salt is off in Varisia right now. I bet you the Heidmarchs’ manor has more Pathfinders in it than this place.”

Valsin finishes his reading and places the document on the desk, while sliding the envelope forward.

“Desna smiles upon us that I have you fine agents here, as I doubt anyone else in Absalom is better qualified for this mission. I won’t lie, this is probably one of the trickiest tasks I’ve ever had to send a group of Pathfinders on, and much rides on its success. I need you to attend a wedding. And not just any wedding, mind you, but a Blakros wedding.

“The Blakros family is one of the wealthiest families in Absalom — in the entire Inner Sea region, even — and we’ve cultivated a good working relationship with them over the years. In two days, Michellia Blakros is getting married to the former Hellknight Damian Kastner, and because of security concerns, we only got our invitation this morning. I won’t bore you with specifics, but sufficed to say, the Society has a lot of interest in this wedding, as some of our agents had a hand in helping it along.

“The wedding is taking place on a secluded summer retreat on nearby Pariol Island, which the Blakroses own. There are two boats heading there before the first wedding festivities. One is a small supply runner set to leave in an hour that could get you there early tomorrow morning. The next is a larger ship that will transport the majority of the guests in the morning. Your travel is paid for of course, but you’ll need to get on one of those two vessels.”

With a grave nod, Valsin passes over the envelope containing the invitation, and continues. “Also, you’ll need to peace-bond any weapons when you arrive on the island, and I’d recommend only wearing your finest armor, if you wear any at all. We’re not too concerned about security at the wedding, but making a good impression on the Blakroses and their guests is key to your mission. You’ll need to mingle, and get on the good sides of as many people as you can. I can’t stress this point enough: This is a social gathering, and the Society could really use the extra clout with all our current efforts being so far abroad. I don’t care if you save the wedding from a dragon, find out the bride is a doppelganger, or discover some grand plot to take over the Inner Sea — I only care that you leave this wedding having made people happy and improving our standing among the attendees! Are we understood?"

He arches his eyebrows menacingly for a moment before concluding, "Good. Any questions?”

What you already know about the Blakroses

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 10:
The Blakros family originated in Taldor, and made their initial fortune trading with both Qadira and Taldor during the nations’ centuries-long conflict. Today they are one of the most influential families in Absalom and the greater Inner Sea region.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 15:
The Blakros family weds their offspring only to those of sufficient prestige and renown. Unlike in many other marriages, those who marry into the family often take on the Blakros name following the ceremony so that any children born to the couple will also carry the Blakros name.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 20:
A requirement of marrying into the Blakros family is a dowry of some note. In many circumstances, these dowries are secret to all but the families involved until they are formally presented at the reception.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

knowledge (nobility), untrained (max DC10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 nothin'

The halfling gets a confused look at some of Valsin's words. Interest in this wedding... a hand in helping it along?! Care to elaborate?

As the instructions conclude the halfing gives an expectant look, as if there must be more to it.

So... we're just to be cordial wedding entertainers? I guess I could bring a special vintage brew from my family brewery as a gift. That would go a longer ways than my social skills...

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Know History, Free Inspi: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (2) = 20

Lebraerio informs his colleagues

How interesting. I don't know any Blackros family member by myself, of course, but I've heard and read about them. They are very influential in the whole Inner Sea, and their name carries prestige and fame. They are, too, quite rich, as each marriage brings even more money via a downry. They marry only in the upper classes, of course, and the newcomer takes the Blakros name. The nature of the dowry is a secret between the families-until the day of the marriage, or so I heard.

He coughs a little

Despite all my knowledge on the subject, I'm not very at ease in these social circles. But I'm sure in our group someone else can cover my lack of skills and grace.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"While I do have some experience in diplomacy, I can't claim to be good at it. And an hour isn't enough time to make proper preparations. I think we should make the ferry with the rest of the guests tomorrow morning."

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions: -7 CON

"Diplomacy is not my strong point either. If I had to lecture them on subjects I know that would be a different story."

He then nods at Declan's suggestion, "Since the point of this mission is to mingle with people, going on the larger ship with all the guests seems like the ideal choice."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Very well then. I'll see to it that there is space made for you on the galleon. As for our interest in seeing that this goes well... We had actually specifically invited Michellia to the Grand Convocation to provide our assistance in finding a suitable match for her, though we were quite dismayed by the attack of the Onyx Alliance that followed...

"Regardless, the Blakroses wealth and influence and access to strange artifacts is second to few within the Inner Sea. Of course the Society has a vested interest in increasing the collegiality of our relationship with them."

Go ahead and make your preparations then. Or of course, feel free to ask further questions.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, CLW, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Ah, I see! Wilen nods knowingly at the explanation. He'd heard of this incident and the recounting was coming back to him now.

I can see why we want to put our best foot forward here.

Wilen has no preparations to make before we depart.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna looks a little apprehensive upon hearing her latest assignment. She looks to Venture-Captain Valsin, and nods before speaking.

"My apologies, but if this is a major event for the Blakroses, I think a little paranoia is justified, and I'd like to at least be mentally aware. First of all, can you tell us more about the bride and groom? I confess that I'm not that familiar with the ins and outs of Absolom high society, so I only recognize the Blakros name, and next to nothing about the groom. Of particular note, What order of Hellknight was he in, and did he part on good terms? Do we know who else is attending? Finally, who's providing security? Is it someone that we trust or we know is competent? Could they handle an attack from the Onyx Alliance?"

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan listens to the mission briefing with some concern. Diplomacy and leadership were not his strong suit. He almost hopes for an incursion by the Alliance rather than a boring weekend chatting up dignitaries and dancing with matrons. He tries to pay attention as Marianna asks a number of questions, but really only thinks about being outdoors again...

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan listens to the mission briefing with some concern. Diplomacy and leadership were not his strong suit. He almost hopes for an incursion by the Alliance rather than a boring weekend chatting up dignitaries and dancing with matrons. He tries to pay attention as Marianna asks a number of questions, but really only thinks about being outdoors again...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Well, Michellia is well aware of the prize that she or any other Blakros of weddable age is, and she's spent the last few years attempting to choose very carefully for what will best further her family's aims. She's smart as a whip and has an iron loyalty to her clan. In just a few years she'll be who we'll have to deal with. As for Damian Kastner, he was a field-maralictor in the Order of the Scourge. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some hard feelings among individual members, but he resigned his commission honorably to prevent any unbecoming conflicts of interest."

He grimaces at the questions about security. "I wish that I could say I knew all the details, but the Blakroses have assured me that they have security under control. I can't imagine that the Onyx Alliance, or any of their other old enemies for that matter, have slipped their mind."

601 to 618 of 618 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.