[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


351 to 400 of 669 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna flies into action as soon as she sees Wilen get clocked by the owlbear. She drops swiftly into her fighting stance, raises her shield, and charges the closer for the threats, thrusting her blade toward it's gut. Then with a light flourish, moves her shield toward Wilen in order to dive in the way of the next against the brewer.

Swift action - activate Sisterhood Style(Precise Strike)
Full Round action - Charge Red

Attack(Charge): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25For: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

If Wilen is attacked:

Marianna shoves her shield in the way of the coming attack, intent on forcing it high.

Aid another for Wilen's AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
+3 for Wilen's next defense


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Nudged you 5' further north to get the flank Juis (should still be within a safe 20' path)

Wilen's retaliation is swift and fiery! He blasts a chunk off of one owlbear; the other recoils out of the worst of the blast, only to be met by the crash of Juis's mace, and a precise chop of Marianna's blade!

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Red at Juis
claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Probably bodyguarded? Missed either way
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Blue at Wilen
claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Out of Marianna's reach for Bodyguard unless you have a way of extending things

damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
grab: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The owlbears thrash and flail at whatever's closest. One brutally savages Wilen while the other one singularly fails to get to grips with Juis.

The Bold May Go!
Wilen -24, dying
Juis
Declan
Duncan
Lebraerio
May go twice
Owlbears (Blue -20; Red -24)
Marianna

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Lebraerio face goes pale as Willen goes down.
With total disregard for his own safety, and counting on the lack of reflexes of a zombie, the bearded man rushes toward the halfling and tries to drag him a little away to heal him

Double move and try to drag Willem.. Do you need a STR check?

Second round

As soon as possible, Lebraerio uses his recently acquired wand to heal his comrade

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Now that he knows they're undead. Declan continues to cast at the owlbear.
Disrupt Undead: RTouch, fire into melee
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1 To Hurt: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Wilen's condition has Declan rattled.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Actually, I can't bodyguard Juis either. I have to be adjacent to the ally I'm bodyguarding. Somehow i didn't register that I needed to be adjacent to the enemy as well.

Marianna scowls under her mask as Lebraerio assists Wilen, annoyed that she wasn't able to prevent the blows from connecting in the first place. Noting Juis's position, she steps forward, using the confusion to stab into the flank of the beast a second time, as she moves her shield to block the other beast.

5-foot
Attack vs. Red

Attack(Flank): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24For: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Wilen's probably ~50 pounds in gear, so you're fine sans strength check, though he definitely can't be picked up without a move action, so you'll be a little closer (though still out of reach). I do think you'd need to toss your bow though, so that'll be on the ground somewhere within 5' of you. So a move action to resume shooting if you choose to do so.

Lebraerio makes a daring rescue of Wilen, while Marianna stands as a steel wall before the undead horrors, blade slicing through freshly deceased skin! But Declan is unable to capitalize on his comrade's escape...

The Bold May Go!
Wilen -17, stabilization check at -3 still needed from before Lebraerio's heal
Juis
Declan
Duncan
Lebraerio
Owlbears (Blue -20; Red -29)
Marianna

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Seeing Wilen go down, but not on a position to help him with healing. But with Lebraerio dragging him away, Juis is able to continue to focus on the undead owlbear in front of him

Cold Iron Mace +Flank vs Red: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Juis's blow caves in the side of the owlbear's skull, but despite being quite visibly dead, the thing keeps moving!

Duncan fires up and over Marianna's head, finally laying the other beast to rest!

Hmm... just noticed that Duncan's study seems to have switched targets between turns. I'll revert it to the original target of Blue.

Duncan longbow shot 1, PBS, study, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 21
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 11
Duncan longbow shot 1, PBS, study, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 23
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6

Marianna's defenses are soon sorely tested as the remaining zombie slams itself against her in a wild rush!

Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grapple: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Confirm: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Extra Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The Bold May Go!
Wilen -17, stabilization check at -3 still needed from before Lebraerio's heal
Juis
Declan
Duncan
Lebraerio

Owlbear -34
Marianna -12, Grappled

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Stabilization (CON), DC10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Wilen blinks back awake. Woaah. That escalated fast. Thanks for the assist..

This round

He stands up wearily and consumes his healing extract...

Stand up from prone, move action
Consume extract of CLW, standard action

CWL: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Now at -6 from max

Ah, that's so much better! No worries everyone, just a scratch!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Not sure if you can act and heal yourself while at -3 HP, so..

THe bleeding stops on the halfling prone body, so Leb uses his wand once more, to bring him to conciousness

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Watching the last undead owlbear grab Marianna, Juis swings his mace at it, trying not to hit Marianna too.

Cold Iron Mace +Flank vs Red: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15
Lebraerio Hantwell wrote:

Not sure if you can act and heal yourself while at -3 HP, so..

THe bleeding stops on the halfling prone body, so Leb uses his wand once more, to bring him to conciousness

[dice=CLW wand]1d8+1

He wasn't at -3 as of that turn. The GM simply needed the stabilization check to see if I'd lose *another* hitpoint before the subsequent healing *did* come (in fact it was your healing that came before this turn)


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yep, Wilen tracked that correctly. He probably wouldn't hate the heal, but if you'd like to adjust your turn, go ahead Leb.

The owlbear actually manages to dodge Juis's swing, clearly awaiting the chance to crack Marianna's armor open!

The Bold May Go!
Wilen -6 (Possibly at full?)
Juis
Declan
Duncan

Lebraerio May adjust turn
Owlbear -34
Marianna -12, Grappled

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

"Oh no you don't!" Marianna cries out, before inventing her sword and driving it into the limb holding her.

Attack vs. Red.

Attack(Flank,Grappled): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 24For: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Marianna brings her sword around the shield clutched in the owlbear's claw and carves through the hapless corpse! It slumps into appropriate immobility.

After the deathly hooting stops there is a moment of calm. Then one of the boards reinforcing a window is pried open from inside, and the heavily wrinkled face of a purple-haired gnome woman pokes out of the window. Once she spots you, she worms her way headfirst out the window, despite a chorus of protests from inside the cottage. Eventually, the tiny old gnome wriggles through the gap, landing deftly on her rear end. She bounds to her feet and addresses the party in a rapid-fire voice:
"Finally! I was getting thirsty in there. Did you bring any wine? Bloody owlbears. You'd think they'd know better than to trifle with me! Is that my packhorse? I'll settle for grog, if you have it."

The dishevelled gnome climbs directly over the rotten corpse of an owlbear and starts rummaging through the packhorse's saddlebags. Meanwhile, a shocked group of young Pathfinders emerge from the cottage, surveying the carnage with horror.

"Been like this for a week, you know. Nothing but undead and southeastern winds. Wretched awful smell. And me without my astrolabe. You should hear these youngsters whinge and complain. One little undead horde and they go all to pot. By the Eldest, I'm thirsty. I'd drink a flask of ink at this point! Bloody zombos did drag off one of the youngsters, though. You should hear them complain: 'Oooh, we're all about to die! Oh my, what's-her-face was abducted by zombos! Oh, I don't want to be eaten.' And they call themselves Pathfinders!"

"Aha!" The gnome triumphantly holds up a bottle of dark red wine.

She whirls around, addressing the assembled group, "You youngsters, burn these carcasses. Bloody awful stink. You lot with the weapons, unpack this horse, build a nice fire, and pull some turnips from the garden. Then come have a drink and tell me how fat Sheila's gotten."

With that, the renowned researcher Ignizi Dinnelletter scuttles back into the cottage, uncorking her newly acquired wine along the way.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan goes to pull some turnips.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Taking out his wand to heal Marianna while he listens to the crazy gnome-lady.

Wand of CLW on Marianna: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of CLW on Marianna: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of CLW on Marianna: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

After the healing, puts the wand away. He then goes start a fire with his Spark spell.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna watches in disbelief as Ignizi, nonchalantly describes a constant wave of undead attacks and abduction of one of their own. A moment after the gnome returns to the cottage, she pulls one of Ighizi's apprentices aside and quietly asks, "Can you give me a more concise description of what happened? Be especially precise about the part with your missing friend. If it wasn't too long ago, maybe they're savable."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Marianna pulls aside a young looking woman with well worn traveling clothes and a broken and splinted arm. Her jaw is tight, and her voice carefully contained as she replies, "That really was most of it, what Ignizi said, I mean. We were in the middle of this... research, cataloguing mostly, when suddenly all kinds of undead were rushing us. We managed to barricade the cabin, but not before they got Dijjit and dragged her off! I got hurt in the first rush, so I couldn't try to rescue her, and when I asked Ignizi to heal me, she said no! That was... gods it was days ago..."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen's mouth becomes more agape as Ignizi floats through, seemingly unconcerned with the presence of the continuous undead threat. He mutters a bit to himself.

Wow, who put her in charge...

He follows Marianna as she pulls aside an apprentice, himself interested in extracting as much information as possible from these underlings before they have to deal with Ignizi directly.

Thank you, that's very helpful! Can you point out the direction that she was dragged off in? How about the research? Can you talk about what Ignizi is looking into here, and what she has you cataloging related to that?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

We'd really rather hear about it from you than that unfeeling druid.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Leona, the broken-armed young ranger responds, "They left to the north, but who knows where they've gone by now... Ignizi's research? How is that what's impor-" **sigh** "I don't know exactly. I'm more on the gofer level. I go out and find things she's looking for, but whatever she's looking for just goes in her notebook.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna removes her helmet, and stows it in the cart with her bags and shield. "Okay," she says, looking at the others with the squad leader look that she gets from time to time, "Duncan, Lebraerio. You two are probably the best for locating tracks. See if you can find any that we can follow. Hopefully there's something to work with." She sighs faintly before continuing. "The rest of us, well, we're here for a supply run and to assist Ms. Dinnelletter. So, we deal with the chores she allotted while Duncan and Lebraerio search. Any objections?"

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

"Sounds fine to me."

Thinking to himself, Would really like to see the gnome's notebook...

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"No objections." Duncan says flatly, as he goes off to look for tracks or signs of the missing research assistant. He is a bit more in his element out here, despite being a bit put-off by the undead owlbears.

Perception to see tracks: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Survival to track, if trail found, track bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Unfortunately, even Duncan's very best efforts run into a serious problem. Very quickly the tracks begin to diverge, and small as Dijjit is (...or was) it's impossible to tell which direction she was carried!

It looks as though you will likely need the help of a local expert on the Sanos Forest... Perhaps with someone to narrow down where you should search, you'd be able to find more reliable spoor...

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

The halfling sighs, realizing he's finally been relegated to the grunt-work that the druid spat out a short time ago. Clearly he'd been evading the hard work.

Fine.. as soon as they find those tracks though we need to head out and attempt a rescue. I'll build the fire.

He looks around for an obvious fire-pit outside before proceeding to look for a fireplace inside, and then gathers wood.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan comes in from gathering turnips and sets them down. He offers Leona and any other of Ignzi's helpers that are injured the use of his Wand of Cure Light Wounds. "It may not fix all of you hurts, but it should help some."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

I'm not, unfortunatly, that outdoor-trained, miss Nicos. If it has been a few days, it would be hard to track. Nevertheless, one can suppose the now-zombified owlbears might still use their lair. "Old habits die hard", if I may say so, speaking of undead creatures. If the student can show or draw us a map of our surroundings, I might get a theory about where we can probably find that lair, and the fate of Dijjit. It couldn't be too far, and we already know it's at our North… I'm not sure why mindless undead would take a prisoner, unless told so. Maybe all hope isn't lost for Dijjit, and whoever might have created the zombies want to know what Ignizi found. Just an idea. If any of you, my esteemed colleagues, has some magical tricks in your sleeves or in your Wayfinders, now is a good time to tell. A life might dépends on how we use our ressources.

As far as you can remember, it's the first time you hear Lebraerio speaking so much.

Relevant Knowledge (all at same level) : 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 7 + (6) = 31


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Ignizi steps into the ring of Pathfinders without seeming to notice that the conversation might be private, "Well of course Delegoth's alive" One of the other pathfinders, a half-elf with a shaven head, cuts in from behind her, "Dijjit."
"What?"

"Her name was Dijjit, not Delegoth."

"Wait, are you Delegoth?" He shakes his head, eyes flashing as she continues, "Well then who in the Hells is Delegoth...?"

She seems to suddenly remember Lebraerio's point, "Well like I said, of course she's alive. Any time a bunch of zombos carry you off still wriggling, usually there's a necromancer or a vampire or someone who wants a prisoner, or at least an interesting sacrifice. Full moon's still a week off, and we haven't seen any signs of big magics, so whatever they took her for probably hasn't happened. Unless she was just a snack, I suppose. There's been rumors floating around that something's been collecting bodies to build up an undead army though, so my guess is ritual sacrifice."

"Okay, so here's the plan. I have to ride herd on these wet-nosed pups, so you'll stay for some turnips if you want, and then you'll go rescue-" she snaps her fingers, and the grumpy half-elf fills in, "Dijjit." "-Dijjit. She might not make a big impression name-wise, but the girl's got a real way with fungus, and I'd hate to lose her over something silly like that. I don't know any more than that the zombos took her off to the north, but I've got a friend, Riddywipple, who lives in a hollow log off that direction who might be able to tell you more. He knows the Sanos woods inside and out; you couldn't ask for a better guide, well not without being impolite at least."

Lebraerio:
Horribly enough, Ignizi's assessments seem to be backed up by your own understanding of the situation. Unfortunately, while you know a fair amount about the Sanos Wood, you aren't particularly up to date about which spooky eldritch being is lairing where.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan returns to the cabin with a defeated look. "Found some tracks, but the blasted forest is such a tangle, it's like the trees move around or something. I haven't been able to find a reliable trail, much as it pains me to admit."

If he hears about this Riddywhipple, Duncan suggests that a local expert might be able to have better luck tracking the lost apprentice and seconds that suggestion.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

"Right then. Lets head to this Riddywhipple and get his help in rescuing this Dijjit."

He looks to the others for any other suggestions.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

In a hollow log? Is Riddywipple a bychance a small woodland creature or is that just one large log? It would be nice to know what kind of a friend we're looking out for. Wilen asks irreverently of Ignizi.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Riddywipple's a very dear friend of mine, and I'm sure you won't be insulting, will you?! But yes, he's a very small woodland critter. Oh! The woods are filled with poisons and venoms, actually, so is Riddywipple, and I'm hoping some of you will make it back!" Ignizi ducks back into the cottage and emerges with a box of supplies.

She hands over three potions of neutralize poison, two scrolls of detect undead, and a small box of uncut alexandrite worth 500 gp. She also supplies a potion of cure light wounds.

"Well? On your way!" She provides, fairly detailed directions, long on landmarks, and short on compass headings, but they should suffice if you keep your eyes peeled, "... and when you see these strange creatures drawn using only spirals, that's when you'll be close to his log."

Feel free to ask any further questions, buuuut...

***

Several hours of marching later you manage to locate Riddywipple's log, which is distinguished by those distinctive carvings adorning the trees for twenty yards in every direction.

You don't see anyone around, but you hear a squeaky voice about 30' up the nearby hillside.

"Oh no! Intruders! I hope they don't find me!"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen stops dead in his tracks when he hears the voice.

Riddywipple? Is that you? We come in peace. We are Pathfinders sent by your friend Ignizi. Could we have a word with you?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"Yes. She told us how to get to your log and to look for your drawings. You're a very good artist."

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna nods and adds in. "We were told by Miss Dinnelletter that you can help with the the undead problem that seems to be growing in this forest. Can you please reveal yourself?"

Diplomacy (Aiding Wilen): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
I add +3 to that check

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis lowers himself to the group, almost kneeling to try to avoid looking threatening. "Yes, Riddywipple. We were asked to seek you out for your help by your friend, Ignizi."

Diplomacy (Aid Other): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan has little else to add to the discussion knowing that civil speech is not his strong suit, so he stands back, bow in hand, and watches what occurs.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Ignizi? Ohhhh. Oh! Then stop-stop-stop! Don't chase me! There's tons of pits! I thought you were baddies, and I don't fight so good."

A delicate copper-scaled dragon with butterfly wings, only about the size of a cat, appears on the embankment.

Strange partially translucent shapes, the same twisted spirals you've seen on the trees, appear, dotting along a rather rough looking trail. "To find the path that is, just follow the signs that aren't."

"So what's this about Undeads causing problems? I thought all the trouble was caused by Deads? Deaths? Deathsed? Deathseds?
Either way, the Deathseds are the ones who carried of Ignizi's fungus-friend.

Perception DC 18:
As you follow Riddywipple's signs that aren't, you notice plenty of spots where the ground isn't either.

In one of these concealed pits, you see a well-cleaned skeleton, with an odd set of multi-layered goggles still strapped to its skull.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Declan works his way closer. "Thank you for your wise counsel. Ignizi didn't tell us that her good friend was a powerful dragon. We are honored and humbled.... Look! Goggles." Declan will try to retrieve them. "I am Declan by the way." He says after tying his rope to a tree and starts to disappear down the hole.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As Declan walks towards the pit he notices that a number of the plants and surrounding foliage are actually very carefully placed there to disguise a tremendously unstable piece of terrain! With a bit of careful re-jiggering it should be possible to make it safe to climb down... and a Disable Device check.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan tries to safely navigate the pit trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Declan safely descends and retrieves the intriguing looking headgear, which he determines are goggles of minute seeing.

While Declan goes for a brief spelunking, Riddywipple interrogates the rest of the pathfinders in a chiding tone, "Lucky for you I'm not a powerful dragon, or I'd make this conversation drag on without making you speak out with what you're seeking!"

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis chuckles, "True. The bigger dragons do love to hear their own voices."

While Declan is retrieving the item, "You say Deathsed, do you know where they come from or perhaps where they dragged our fungus-friend?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Know? No. But I have guesses where they're guests. I have many fey forest friends who'd wish to see ends for the deathsedies. I fly fastest alone, and won't make friends fly with your clomping and champing. So your task is to wait in the forest for rest. At first light, we'll take flight!"

***

Sure enough the following dawn, Riddywhipple returns with an earshattering whistle and a flurry of piping words, "In the night last night, I flew over to my friendly pixie friend Pollinia, a tricksy trixie youngster who lit out with me for a bit of a fly-around, where we chatted about all the happy happenings in the forest as well as some untidy tidings.

"As it turns out, the carved cave near my pegasi friendlies has a new body that everybody agrees is disagreeable. The old cold cavern used to be used by humans long before long ago, but it's been empty as a log since then.

"Now it seems an unseemly creature has wandered in from the bit of bog near Wartle and taken to torturing and terrifying the forest. The monster's name is Marigana, and trappers chased her from her Wartle morass after she kidnapped some napping kids from the town and turned them into deadly undead. Now she's taken up taking over Sanos, and wants to spread her terrible territory. We can make a joint journey to see the poisonous new occupant, but it will be doubtlessly undeadly."

Any questions?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Very good! So you'll lend us your expertise as a guide in this forest, and we'll help you remove this undead infestation! I love mutual advantage! Let's head out.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"What do we know about the nature of this Marigana? Is she a human like us, or some other kind of creature? Making undead that then pollute the forest is foul magic. Gladly we would put an end to this, even if our purposes didn't cross."

I do like the prose from the tiny dragon. Very well done!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"As far as I know, only Un knows for sure, but Marigana's clearly not human, and she's always exhumin'...
She always has many deathseds around her, so we know that lives are her coin, to spend, to give, and to buy."

Thanks :-)
Some is the scenario's text, but I definitely enjoy writing the rest!

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan nods his understanding, and makes ready to follow Riddywhipple through the tangled forest to where this Marigana is located.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna quietly listens to the eccentric little dragon, not completely trusting of the little critter. "So...," she finally says, pulling the last of her armor back on from the night before," Shall we go and pay a visit to your pegasi friends and this cave then? I'm sure they would also prefer to have the undead removed as well."

351 to 400 of 669 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.