[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


451 to 500 of 669 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Still holding is breath, Duncan swims behind the tricky gnome and stabs, using the advantage of flanking along with his study of the target. He plunges the dagger hard and fast, aiming for a kidney or other sensitive organ, he just hopes the water doesn't slow his stoke enough for the tough skin to deflect the blade.

Duncan stab, flanking, study: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21
DMg, if hit, study, sneak: 1d4 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + (2) = 8


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Looking increasingly harried, Dijjit whirls about and tries to crush Duncan in retribution for his sudden effectiveness. However, the crafty bounty hunter is wise to her maneuvers, and avoids her powerful fists!

Lebraerio's attempts are ineffective for now, Marianna doesn't appear to understand that she's in any danger, and is quite content to keep staying close to the 'gnome'... You can move her but it will require Dragging or Grappling her. On the plus side, she doesn't seem to be fighting back against you either...

Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Grab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

The water is calm and is DC 10
The Bold May Go!

Dijjit -29, 15' deep
Declan -4, 10' deep 18 rounds of breath
Marianna Obviously Fine, 23 rounds of breath, 10' deep
Juis
Duncan -13, 16 rounds of breath, 15' deep
Lebraerio 10' deep, 20 rounds of breath.
Wilen -12

@ Wilen: It's not that it's dark, but your shot would probably have to go through quite a bit of water unless you swam out there, and every square of water makes your shooting much harder

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Swim: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Ah, this is useless! The halfling makes another attempt but quickly returns to shore where he started.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Could you be more specific? What is the difference between Dragging and Grappling? Is there a roll for Dragging?

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan keeps stabbing at Dijit.

Shortsword: flank
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Confirm Crit Shortsword: flank
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Not satisfied that he healed enough of Wilen's wounds, he taps him again with his wand of healing.

Wand of CLW on Wilen: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Ugh.... another bad roll.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Drag is a separate Combat Maneuver they added in the APG. It doesn't have the intermediate step that grappling does, but also doesn't restrain the target in the same way. But luckily...

Taking her focus off of Declan proves to be a terrible mistake as he drives his shortsword deep into her heart!

Marianna suddenly returns to herself all in a flash as the vivacious gnome begins to shift and change into a horrid creature with slimy, transparent skin; webbed, humanoid hands; and a snaggle-toothed, horse-like face.

Y'all have enough rounds of breath left that you'll be able to get out of the calm pond without real danger so...

Searching the area in greater detail, you find a gruesome sight, a human hunter, dragged into the undergrowth with a distinctive hoofprint in his skull. But his gear does detect as magic...

A Pair of Bracers: Spellcraft DC 22:
Bracers of armor +2

A Pouch of Dust: Spellcraft DC 21:
Dust of illusion

Aside from this you find a set of erratic hoofprints leading on ahead, with a smaller set of prints in some of the muddier areas.

Riddywipple looks very concerned. "Well they've pushed in our plates, 'cause the cup-pull's been split. If Snowmane's trotting, she hasn't the reins, or she'd be in the clouds where she should have remaned. These walking dead aren't likely to hustle. Marigana'd only bring one for a person sized parcel."

Declan -4, 10' deep 18 rounds of breath
Duncan -13, 16 rounds of breath, 15' deep
Wilen -10

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen is relieved to see his teammates re-emerge at the top of the water.

What happened down there? Everybody okay? I couldn't even get very far into the water... He frowns at this admission.

---------------
Wilen sets out following the hoofprints where they lead away from this area.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Glad the others return to the surface and make it back to shore. Juis then goes around and starts healing people with his wand.

Wand of CLW on Wilen: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of CLW on Wilen: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Wand of CLW on Duncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Wand of CLW on Duncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wand of CLW on Declan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

After healing with his wand, he examines the Bracers and Dust that radiate magic.

Spellcraft (Bracers DC22): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Spellcraft (Dust DC21): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

I can't identify the magical properties of the dust, but the bracers will provide a good deal of protection. {Bracers of Defense +2}

Juis then follows Wilen after the set of tracks.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

When Juis comes to Wilen he instead hands him his own wand to use. may as well save your own charges.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Finally.....

Marianna suddenly starts shaking her head and pulls off her helmet to get the water out of at least that piece of armor, and to vomit any water that she ingested. "Ugh, What just happened? One moment, I hear calls for help, then next, I'm 8 feet underwater?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yeah, sorry Marianna :-/
Aside from someone tagging you with a PfE there's not a lot to do about that.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"We are glad you are safe on dry land. That gnome thing was horrid and the undead horse not much better. Was that thing Marigana, or is she even worse?"

Once that question is answered, he motions to the magical warding bracers. "Someone want to wear these? Perhaps someone with light armor?"

If no one else, claims Duncan will wear the bracers. His AC is a little light for a sometimes front-liner...

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan tries to identify the bracers and the dust.

Bracers Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Dust Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

They're a +2 armor bonus, so they won't stack with his leather armor

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Spellcraft DC 21 for dust: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 7 + (3) = 25

Might come in handy.. This is some "dust of illusion", as it is commonly called. As the name imply, it is used to create illusions when you throw it in the air. Maybe you would be seeing strange things if you were to inhale it too, but after an undead pegasus and a gnome that wasn't a gnome, what could be considered anormal?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

"Dust of illusions huh..." smiles with a chuckle, "Perhaps throw the dust in front of an enemy and then have a female goblin dance seductively appear to distract the enemy."

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

If that’s what you want to see, there are special shelves at the back of bookstores for that type of thing, Juis. Wilen quips with a slight smirk.

Shall we move on?

He heads out again following the tracks.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

You continue to follow Riddywipple's instructions along the path to Marigana's cave, Riddywipple fretting all the way, when suddenly you run into the most appalling batch of bad luck. Every stone seems to be covered in slippery moss, if not poison oak, when you stub your toe a rock it somehow ricochets right back into your shin, and most noticeably, some sort of zombie pegasus seems to have gotten the jump on some of you!

"Snowmane! No! To what was before we have to go back; this'll just keep happening unless we stop that Thistle-Back!"

Snowmane's body swoops down, smashing into Marianna with a clatter of plate, though the determined warrior's defensive prowess allows her to turn the force of the pegasus's charge!

GM Screen:
Declan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Duncan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Juis: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Marianna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Wilen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Declan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Duncan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Juis: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Marianna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Wilen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
***
Declan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Juis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Declan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Juis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Slam: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 19
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Rocks are a DC 10 Climb to ascend each level.
Water is DC 15 to swim
The Bold May Go!

Snowmane -2 AC, 5' up
???
Declan
Duncan -1
Lebraerio
Wilen
Marianna
Juis

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis draws out three stones and performs a prayer over them.

Cast Magic Stone

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen sighs audibly.

Another dead horse to blow to smithereens! If anybody sees a helpless hag in the water, let's ignore it this time.

He then steps back a bit to avoid the forefront position in the party.

[standard] consume extract of targeted bomb admixture; Duration 3 rounds
[5' step] SW
[move] draw light crossbow

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Holding the undead pegasus back for a moment, Marianna grunts disapprovingly before shoving it back for a moment. She draws her sword and thrusts the blade toward it's gut.

Activate Sisterhood style
Move action - draw weapon
Attack vs. Snowmane

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20For: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan moves away a little and targets the undead steed with a spell.

Disrupt Undead: RTouch
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 To Hurt: 1d6 ⇒ 1


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Marianna reroll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Declan reroll (into combat): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6

As Marianna and Declan surge to the attack they are assailed by a series of misfortunes! Marianna's scabbard catches, and she's forced to flail around until it falls off her sword, nearly giving Snowmane time to dodge. Unfortunately as she twists around, she steps straight into Declan's line of fire, thus proving conclusively that she is not undead.

Rocks are a DC 10 Climb to ascend each level.
Water is DC 15 to swim
The Bold May Go!

Snowmane -8, -2 AC, 5' up
???
Declan
Duncan -1
Lebraerio

Wilen
Marianna
Juis

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Why are they acting so strangely? Their attacks are much more coordinated usually...

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Lebraerio climbs on the rocks to get a better and clearer shooting opportunity on the undead horse

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan fires at the pegasus which has obviously seen better days. He takes a moment first to study the movement and weak spots of the undead beast

Duncan bow, study, PBS: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 22
Bad luck reroll: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 24
Dmg, if hit, study, PBS: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Added the bad luck effect, but looks like still might be a hit. Not sure if the damage is at disadvantage also.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Lebraerio Reroll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Duncan and Lebraerio move very carefully and avoid any untoward slips; Duncan's arrow wedges awkwardly into the zombie's flesh, but clearly isn't the most effective weapon...

Snowmane's heavy frame is ill-suited to lightly hovering above them all, so instead the zombie hurtles over Marianna and smashes into Declan!

Slam: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Rocks are a DC 10 Climb to ascend each level.
Water is DC 15 to swim
The Bold May Go!

Snowmane -11, -2 AC, 5' up
???
Declan -11
Duncan -1
Lebraerio
Wilen
Marianna - May Take an AoO
Juis

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan casts Vanish Concentration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 before running behind the line of Duncan, Lebraerio , and Juis.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Seeing the ineffectiveness of his arrows, Duncan drops the bow, draws his longsword, and advances with the plan to slash the undead menace to ribbons. His attack is also affected by the bad luck aura around this place, but he tries to power through it anyway.

Duncan longsword, study: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Bad Luck reroll: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14
Dmg if hit, study: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis loads up one of his blessed stoned into his sling and launches it at the undead creature.

Sling +Magic Stone -Into Melee: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 8
Damage (Magic Stone vs Undead): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen departs from the crowd of his team to spread out around the undead horse.

[move] 20'

He gets to work composing a kit of bomb reagents.

[standard] bomb vs. SW square of horse

bomb (ranged touch), Fire damage (targeted bomb admixture): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 132d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13 no splash, if it misses it misses

targeted bomb admixture, 2 more rounds left


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Bad Luck Declan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Bad Luck Wilen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Wilen's incendiary sends the pegasus reeling and Duncan strikes off its head! The strange misfortunes continues a little longer, but after a few moments, they disappear as well.

"We're close to the close of this harridan's hair raising horrors."

Riddywipple leads you on to a rocky outcropping overlooking the stream. At the base of the outcropping is a patch of dense shrubbery, behind which is a narrow hole with recent tracks of both animals and humanoids leading to and from it. As who worm their way into the hole find themselves in the mouth of a gloomy cave. The cave is filled with the horrific stench of rotting, meat, and the air is thick with flies. Descending, you quickly discover that you are in a charnel house, littered with the corpses of all kinds of forest animals.

Map is up. What do you do?

Declan -11
Duncan -1

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan will give Juis his Wand of Cure Light Wounds to use on his wounds.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis hands Declan's wand back to him as he follows the group to the cave. With the stench from the cave being so overbearing, he struggles to not throw up all over the place.

Managing somehow to keep his stomach contents inside his stomach, he carefully moves further into the cave.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen winces at the stench coming out of the cave.

Riddywipple, where are you leading us?

He waits to see if his teammates are really going down there, and when they finally disappear into the dark he begrudgingly sprints into the cave to catch up.

And I thought that sewer we went into was bad...

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan looks in wonder at the gruesome sight of the dead woodland animals spread across the cavern. Whatever lived here was certainly going to be no fun at all.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

"Yeah, One stinking situation after another, Wilen,"Marianna agrees with the brewer, "but that's where we're needed apparently. Let's end this mess." And with that, she raises her shield, draws her sword and takes a position in the front to greet the next group of threats head-on.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Perceptions:
Declan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Duncan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Juis: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Marianna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Wilen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

A quick search of the area reveals a few body parts that clearly didn't come from animals. The magic items they are heaped next to are also unlikely to have arrived here naturally...

The Morningstar DC 23 Spellcraft:
A +1 undead bane morningstar

The Cloak DC 20:
A cloak of resistance +1

As you examine them a laugh ripples out from the chamber ahead, tinged with a skittering madness, "The pegasi were fun, but this gnome's almost done.
You've come so far to be split apart, chaff from wheat. Once I've skinned you alive you'll be perfect - Fresh Meat!"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Oh no... they still have a victim back there. We need to move quickly!

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 moving at half speed

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Morningstar Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 This weapon's magic makes it more effective against undead.

Cloak Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Perhaps the mace should go to a martial type.

Declan follows Wilen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (1) = 15

After examination, Lebraerio has no clue either about the cape's properties

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Spellcraft (Cloak DC20): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Juis makes a quick examination of the cloak but it escapes his insight into just barely.

Upon hearing about the morningstar, Juis grabs it up. "I can use this unless someone else would like to have it."

He then moves up behind Marianna to guard her back.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan leaves the cloak for someone else and moves on after the others, to see this thing to an end. He has his bow in hand, ready to fire, should a target present itself.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Pursuing the echoes of madness that drift from the room, you are unsurprised to find the dead stirring. Though many of the creatures that litter the ground are too dismembered or diminutive to pose a threat past unseemly twitching, a prickle of oversized porcupines, big as hounds, rises to meet you!

Initiative:
Declan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Juis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Bad Guys: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Most black spaces are walls. Dark.
The Bold May Go!

???
Declan
Porcupine Zombies
Duncan
Juis
Wilen
Lebraerio
Marianna

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan targets red.
Disrupt Undead: RTouch
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 To Hurt: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Unfortunately Declan's beam goes awry amid the crush of pathfinders, and it passes over the porcupine's head.

In an eerie unison, the porcupines advance, lurching unevenly, but still taking far greater care than you have seen other zombies fight with, and purposely concentrating their attacks on the less armored Duncan!

With shocking force they slam into him, lodging several quills in his flesh that horribly hamper his movements!

Red: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 17
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Blue: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 13
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Yellow: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 22
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Quills: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2) = 7

Most black spaces are walls. Dark.
The Bold May Go!

???
Declan - Illuminated
Porcupine Zombies
Duncan -19, -7(!) to attacks, saves, and checks
Juis
Wilen
Lebraerio - Illuminated
Marianna - Illuminated

Each quill takes a full round action to remove and will deal d4 damage in doing so.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

I guess that 13 hits because of flat-footed AC...Damn!

Hurt badly by the porcupines, Duncan can only withdraw to the rear, avoiding any further attacks.

Withdraw as full-round action. Duncan is probably out of this fight...removing the quills will put him under. He has a potion or something to use to try to get back.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Seeing what the undead rodents did to Duncan, Wilen loses his nerve momentarily and steps back. He consumes his mutagen in hopes of jumping back in without fear.

[5' step] E
[standard] consume mutagen; +2 nat. AC, +4 DEX, -2 WIS; Duration: 30m/300 rounds (status line has a quickref spoiler for mutagen'd stats)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Maybe we should move out of this bridge to get a better chance to defeat these porcupines?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

"Yes. Drawback, off of the bridge."

He moves back off the bridge and then lays his hand on Duncan to heal some of his wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

451 to 500 of 669 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.