[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


801 to 850 of 855 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Michellia(?) glowers at Wilen's preparations. "I'm not an idiot."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 5 Init +3 HP 36/36 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

You're not an idiot? That's a good thing to know. So if you don't mind to educate us in what happened?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

Juis inspects the wrapped up Michellia and the bruise she has.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 15

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Wilen squints, focusing on Fakchellia to read the intent of her response...

Sense motive (liar liar?): 1d20 ⇒ 7 She could say anything now :P


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

"I'm sure you've already guessed this, but I'm Eleanir. Olaf came to me and said he'd had a vision, a vision where the world was in danger if Michellia's marriage to Kastner were allowed to continue. The earth splitting, shadows devouring the sun, all very apocalyptic. And I... wanted to be close by, in case there was something else we needed to do to prevent any sort of cataclysm."

Juis, the wrapped up Michellia doesn't look great, but a little healing should bring her back to consciousness.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Wilen shifts from his soul-searching stare to vigorous nodding to recover from that SM roll....

Yes yes, we absolutely guessed it. We knew it all along! But... I don't think the world is ending. People get together all of the time, and I'm guessing you can find marriages with more tumultuous fallout that this pedestrian nobility transaction.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 5 Init +3 HP 36/36 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

And why would she have that kind of crazy-sounding theory? How could a marriage between two people ends in a cataclysm for the whole of Golarion?

SM, Free Inspiration: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (4) = 15

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

Juis pulls out his wand and taps Michellia's head to provide healing.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4 | HP: 36/36| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna holds her head, like this whole mess was giving her a headache. "I'm not sure it matters. Hopefully, Declan will be along with the Commander and Hamaria, and we can get some rest." She walks over to the Ulfen and begins to search them for any additional information about this 'cataclysm' that they were trying to stop.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

"Eleanir? Gods, what were you thinking?" Michellia's voice is still a bit shaky as she wakes.

"Thank you for not killing her. No matter what foolishness-" "It wasn't foolishness, Michellia; Olaf's visions are as good as any in the Age of Lost Omens and-"

"And you don't know anything of what this cataclysm is supposed to be. In that case- Ah... Here comes Commander Rubaani now."

Searching the bodies, Marianna finds mostly weapons of fine manufacture, though Olaf's greataxe seems to be enchanted as well. She also finds another potion at his belt, next to what looks like a holy symbol with very unnerving iconography: a skull-faced moon .

Knowledge (religion) DC 15:
It's a holy symbol of Groetus, mad god of Apocalypses.

Rubaani is very grateful that you've averted an embarrassing catastrophe for her and for the Blakroses, and begs that you "Please not speak of this to other attendees, and file your reports with appropriate discretion. We will see that Eleanir is kept safe until we can untangle what madness she has been drawn into."

Michellia meanwhile is quickly cleaning and reassembling her magnificent ensemble, a few quick cantrips proving essential for getting her ready to face her reception once more.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

Knowledge (Religion) DC15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Seeing that Michellia is up and working, Juis moves over to Marianna and looks at the holy symbol she discovered. I almost feels like he recognizes it but can't quite grasp it.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4 | HP: 36/36| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

"We will be the very picture of discretion, Commander, "[b] Marianna replies, as she collects the serviceable equipment from the raiders. [b]"Wilen, do you know what this is?" she asks, extending the potion as Juis looks over the symbol. "A skull-shaped moon, held by someone proclaiming visions of a great cataclysm..., she mutters as she looks over his studies.

Aiding Juis: 1d20 ⇒ 16

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Wilen takes the potion from Marianna and eyes it, holding it up to the sun so he can see through it.

craft (alchemy): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 5 Init +3 HP 36/36 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Know religion: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 6 + (6) = 32

Well well well.. isn't it the symbol of Groetus, mad god of the apocalypses, and allow me to emphasize the "mad" part?

Lebraerio enters a lenghty discussion about Groetus faith, giving as much details on the faith and its followers as he can (and he can much).

Sorry if you found me boring during my speech. I wanted to help you, to give you all the information I may recall, if ever you meet that god and his servants later in your career as Pathfinders. Better be prepared.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Wilen remarks with a knowing tone. Ah, I see. So with that theme the end is always near, and when that date or event passes they pick a new one?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

"That is often the case. Usually you have a charismatic figure that uses the apocalypse event as a way to lure in simple minds for the figure's cult."


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Eleanir is sullen and quiet for the trip back to the pavilion, but as you arrive, the reception is clearly filled with energy!

And demons.

Screams of terror emanate from inside the tent while all around the servants and Rubaani's guards strive to break their way through bloated quivering masses, tiny winged miscreants and shrieking bloodred skeletons!

"But of course any sort of apocalypse I warned you about was clearly farfetched, eh?" Michellia scowls at Eleanir's taunt and begins chanting some sort of banishment while Rubaani pulls you aside. "I have to watch her back, but her husband and mother are in there - get them out!"

Inside the tent more of these demons herd guests against the wall, while a tall man in the colors of Rubaani's mercenaries paces the dais, clearly partway through a villainous monologue. "...and that is why you Blakroses will rue the day you crossed Arastrax of the Onyx Alliance! My minions surround you and not a single one of you shall live to escape Pariol Island!"

Initiative:
Declan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Juis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The bold may go!
Duncan
Declan
Wilen

Arastrax of the Onyx Alliance
Lebraerio
Juis
Marianna

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 3| AC 19, FF 15, T 14| HP 26/26| F +2 R +6 W +4; +2 v ench| Perception +10| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"Gods! I thought we were done with this."
Declan goes into the tent and tries to figure out what he knows about these demons.
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

He'll get behind a table and fire at one, using a silver or cold iron arrow if appropriate.
Comp Shortbow
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Doesn't look like an apocalypse to me. Just your average extra planar agression. This is not even the largest force that could come, for example, through the WorldWound! I mean, it doesn't make my day better, but we'll deal. Wilen quips as he rushes into the room to assess it for himself.

He slides along the wall and keeps his back to it so that he can keep an eye on Arastrax. Within seconds alchemical agents are various sorts are produced from his belt pouches. He starts by consuming an extract.

Looks like precision is the name of the game here...

[move] 20'
[standard] consume extract of shield, +4 AC, duration 3m

So, by design we cannot target the crowd-control demons this battle?


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Yeah, they're scenery.

Longbow (PBS): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + 1 + (3) = 14

GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6
1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 3 = 25
1d20 + 7 + 1d6 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (1) - 4 = 15

Arastrax seems not to care about the arrows flying around him, even the one punching clean through his breastplate receives not a glance, even as his voice loses its force and blood bubbles up with every breath.

"Forward my minions, forward!" As he exhorts his allies he clenches his fist and summons forth another demon, as Declan recognizes, a dretch - a loathsome demon formed from a slothful soul who aside from standard demonic traits* can also afflict its victims with fear and nausea.

Wilen, however, notes something different, that the dretch was called forth by a shadow conjuration - it's part illusion!

GM Screen:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Wilen Affected?: 1d100 ⇒ 92
Juis Affected?: 1d100 ⇒ 38

The cackling demon floods the area in a thick fog bank with a sulfurous reek, but to Wilen and Juis, both demon and fog are barely there!

The bold may go!
Duncan DC 13 Fort or nauseated
Declan DC 13 Fort or nauseated
Wilen - Shield

Arastrax of the Onyx Alliance -14
Shadow Dretch
Lebraerio DC 13 Fort or nauseated
Juis
Marianna DC 13 Fort or nauseated

*DR except vs. Cold Iron/Good, elemental resists, immunity to poison and electricity...

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

Juis holds up his holy symbol and starts chanting, "Let the light of my knowledge provide guidance and protection to my allies."

Cast Bless (30 rounds): +1 attack; +1 vs Fear saves.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 5 Init +3 HP 36/36 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Fort DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Blessed Shoot to Arastrax: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Lebraeio takes his bow too, and shoots at the fiend's leader

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 3| AC 19, FF 15, T 14| HP 26/26| F +2 R +6 W +4; +2 v ench| Perception +10| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Declan becomes physically ill from the demons' unnatural vileness.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4 | HP: 36/36| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Fort Save, DC 13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Marianna does her best to not vomit from the horrid cloud, scooting about the edge of the tent to get out of horrid stench.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Everybody! That dretch isn't there. It's partly comprised of material from the shadow plane. An illusion!

Wilen moves past Marianna, tracing the wall of the room to get to the side of Arastrax.

[double move] 40'


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Leb Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 49 Miss!

Duncan Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

GM Screen:
1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 4 = 25
1d100 ⇒ 44
1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 4 = 10
1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 = 19
1d100 ⇒ 13
1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 4 = 27
1d100 ⇒ 7

Declan, you have no idea what Wilen is talking about, maybe he's gotten hexed by some kind of spell?

Everyone else can now see that the mist and dretch are illusory, but the fumes still choke everyone but Duncan, who darts out of the mist punching another arrow clean through Arastrax's breastplate!

Longbow (PBS, Study): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 27
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9

The treacherous mercenary clatters to the ground, and a bat-winged form of pure shadow slides up through his flesh, gleaming eyes darting between the Pathfinders before it plunges its claw down to the ground and a pool of shadow unfurls around it, so dark that even Juis's eyes cannot pierce the gloom.

The demons guarding the guests are clearly discomfited by Arastrax's... death(?), and some of them begin to flee, freeing Damian the groom to seize a weapon and lead a contingent of the wedding party out of the pavillion.

Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 82

The dretch bursts out from the darkness, and the shadow of fear touches Lebraerio's mind, but forewarned by Wilen, he's able to ignore the quasi-real demon's spell.

The bold may go!
Duncan
Declan - Nauseated
Wilen - Shield

Arastrax of the Onyx Alliance -14
Arastrax's Shadow Ghost?
Shadow Dretch
Lebraerio
Juis
Marianna Nauseated for Rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4 | HP: 36/36| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna stays where she is, trying her best to not retch all over the tent.

No real action, due to Nauseated.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

What the....

Wilen squints at the body and smoky phantom through all of the smoke. He shrugs, composes his reagents into a bomb and lobs it in there...

Bomb attack, FIRE damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 272d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14 Is there a miss-chance to go with that?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

Juis draws his cold iron mace to dispell the illusion of the Dretch so the rest of the party can focus on the true threat.

MW Cold Iron Heavy Mace +Bless vs Dretch: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

@Wilen, not from the smoke, but you do have one from the cloud of darkness

Concealment?: 1d100 ⇒ 27 Miss, but only by one square, so splash still works.

The roar of Wilen's bomb muffles any sound that Arastrax's spirit might have made, and the flash of the bomb is entirely hidden by the untouched darkness.

Still, something must have hit, right?
Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Leb Fort (vs. Poison): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Juis's mace crumples the dretch into shards of quickly disappearing darkness, allowing Lebraerio and Declan to stagger away to safety.

Duncan holds his ground, sending arrows into the darkness as he hopes to put and end to this horror!

Longbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 20
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Longbow: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 18
Piercing: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Unfortunately all he hears is the sound of arrows tearing at the fabric of the canopy...

A low growl seems to emanate from the corners of the room. "Keep those wretched guests here! If they escape this is all for nought!"

Then it strikes.

A misshapen silhouette of shadow and fangs pounces on Wilen, claws and fangs passing through his armor as if it weren't there at all, chilling him to the bone with each touch!

Claw: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 = 34
Slashing+Cold: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (2) = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 = 30
Slashing+Cold: 1d4 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6
Bite: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 13 + 2 = 24
Slashing+Cold: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + (3) = 6

The bold may go!
Duncan
Declan - Nauseated for Rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wilen -17, Shield

Arastrax of the Onyx Alliance
Arastrax's Shadow Ghost? -1, -2 AC
Lebraerio Nauseated for Rounds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Juis
Marianna Nauseated for 3 Rounds

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Gah! Arastrax's ghost is getting to me!

Wilen sprints back towards Marianna with abandon.
[double move] 20'

Acrobatics, avoid AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Uh oh...

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 3| AC 19, FF 15, T 14| HP 26/26| F +2 R +6 W +4; +2 v ench| Perception +10| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

How did Declan get outside the tent? He went in to fire at the illusory demon.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

Juis moves into the room and gets up right behind Marianna, close enough for him to reach out and give Wilen a healing hand.

Move: 20'
Standard: Cure Light Wounds on Wilen: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Assuming he hasn't been dropped by an AoO and even made it to that square :)

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4 | HP: 36/36| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

I'm sorry, should have thought you were waiting for me. I'm Nauseated, I forego my action.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 3| AC 19, FF 15, T 14| HP 26/26| F +2 R +6 W +4; +2 v ench| Perception +10| Spells Lvl 1: 3/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

I found the post where Declan left the tent.

Declan holds his action until he feels better.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + (3) = 8

Arastrax's shadowy fangs send Wilen tumbling to the ground, but the halfling's fall isn't enough to obscure the sound of the newly-minted Mr. Blakros leading the last of the guests to the safety.

The shadowy spirit's eyes gleam in frustration as it glares at the invading Pathfinders, weighing the joy of consuming a few more souls against the chance of immortality squandered...

"Well, the task can't be completed in any case. All hail the Onyx Alliance!" The edges of the creature begin to meld into the shadows leaving only his eyes glinting in the darkness.

And then, he's gone.

Sense Motive DC 22:
Arastrax seemed almost sarcastic when he spoke of the Onyx Alliance, almost as though they don't hold his true allegiance...

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

With the threat gone for now, Juis rushes to Wilen's aid.

Cure Light Wounds on Wilen: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Cure Light Wounds on Wilen: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Cure Light Wounds on Wilen: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 19, t 14, ff 16 | CMB 1, CMD 14 | F+6 R+8 W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+9 | Extracts: 2nd-cure moderate wounds, invisibility; 1st-cure light wounds, shield, targeted bomb admixture, true strike | Bomb: 8/10 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+8 | AC 23, t 18, ff 18 | R+10, W+1 | CMD 16

Juis, the first two got him within 1hp if you want to redirect the last one.

The task...?

The halfling is confused at the shadow's parting words. And he can't sense that much move :)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 5 Init +3 HP 36/36 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Sense Motive, Free Inspi: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 6 + (5) = 30

Whatever that creature was, don't trust its words. Its allegiance aren't totally to the Onyx Alliance

GM: what kind of knowledge roll would I need to see if I know something about the Onyx alliance? Local? Arcana (magical secret society)? I don't want to roll anything without your permission first, as I don't know if you have any information yourself

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

I don't think anyone else but Wilen took physical damage.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4 | HP: 36/36| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna spends several moments recovering her stomach before turning to the others. "Well, if it wasn't allied to the Onyx, then what was the purpose of this attack?"she asks, almost rhetorically.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

"Maybe to sow discord..." he trails off, not really sure.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4 | HP: 36/36| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 19 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna shakes her head. "Well, purpose aside, it's gone. Let's deal with the other threats and protect the other guests." With that, Marianna goes to follow the path that the newly minted Mr. Blakros carved into the foes.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

His weapon still out, he follows behind Marianna as he observes over any evidence that might appear.


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

Local or Planes would be fine for the Onyx Alliance Leb.
Knowledge Planes for more info on Arastrax too.

Outside, Michellia and Rubaani have rallied the troops and put the other demons to flight, but Hamaria calls an early end to the festivities regardless. Rubaani asks for your help in escorting the other guests to the ships, as you are lauded as heroes of the wedding!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 5 Init +3 HP 36/36 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Know planes, Free Inspi, Onyx alliance: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 7 + (1) = 25

Know planes, Free Inspi, Arastrax: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (1) = 21


26/32/38 - 22/25/28

The Onyx Alliance is a dark alliance of creatures from the Shadow Plane. Little is known about the Onyx Alliance's motives and goals, although it is known that they desire slaves and wealth from the Material Plane. In the recent past they have been harrying and attacking the Blakros family, but before then it is rumored that they may have been allies...

As for Arastrax's 'ghost' - despite his umbral appearance, he is actually a demon of the abyss! More specifically, he is a Shadow Demon, who has the power to possess mortals and puppet their bodies from within.

The boat ride back to Absalom has a rather somber tone, what joy there would be at the wedding eclipsed by the death and destruction that the demons brought to Pariol Island.

As this was not technically an official mission, Ambrus Valsin doesn't insist on a formal debriefing, "But I must confess I'm curious. You seem to have done well enough at ingratiating yourselves to the guests, I suppose, but what do you make of all the... unpleasantness?"

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 4.0 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +4 CMD 15 (FF 14) | HP 23/23 | Init +1 | Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +5 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 3/7 2: 3/4| Active Conditions:

"Unsure why, but it seems the Onyx alliance wanted to disrupt the wedding for some unknown reason. But the primary attacker, Arastrax didn't seem to take it that seriously. Perhaps it was a feint and their real goal was elsewhere." Juis ponders.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 5 Init +3 HP 36/36 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

As far as I know, and I won't tell you that if I wasn't sure about what I know, Arastrax was a Shadow demon, a powerful fiend able to possess humans (and of course elves, dwarves and so on, "humans" used there as a generality) and to use their bodies as a puppetter would do, making them act most probably unwillingly, even if seeing yourself act in unbelievable unholy ways while being unable to have a say, quite litteraly, in the deeds, being unable to restrain yourself would be quite an exquisite torture for a demon. But I digress. It appears that the Onyx Alliance, of which very few things are known, only their ties to the Shadow Plane and their hunger for slaves and wealth from our Plane, was once allied to the Blakros family, but now the Onyx followers tries to bring them down. The Blackros family is, quite litterally again, victim of its shady past, pardon the pun.

801 to 850 of 855 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.