[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


601 to 646 of 646 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Well, it's all a bit technical..." She hefts a tome filled with crabbed writing including what looks like some sort of custom shorthand utilizing symbols you're not familiar with, "But the long and the short of it is I'm trying to categorize and better understand the flow of energies between the First World and our planes. Eventually, we should be able to control, or even create stable portals to the First World!"

[ooc]Chronicles up here!
Once everyone's gotten chronicles applied, wedding bells will soon be ringing in The Blakros Matrimony!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Chronicle applied to Wilen (quick because not at a level-up).

Thank you!

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

No level up here either! Next time!

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan is ready for the wedding. He only hopes the color scheme is not red.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

One can only hope, eh?

I'm off at a con this weekend, so I'll get us rolling on Monday :-)

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Did I miss the start?

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

if you did, i did too


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Woof. Rough week. Sorry guys, but... we are away!

Only a handful of other Pathfinders, most of them initiates, walk the halls near the office of Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin.

The Grand Lodge’s chamberlain sits behind an organized desk, reading a recently printed chronicle, and tapping his finger on an elaborate open envelope, the only sound in the eerily silent Pathfinder Society headquarters.

“Can you believe this place?” Valsin calmly asks, keeping his eyes squared on his chronicle. “Almost every agent worth her salt is off in Varisia right now. I bet you the Heidmarchs’ manor has more Pathfinders in it than this place.”

Valsin finishes his reading and places the document on the desk, while sliding the envelope forward.

“Desna smiles upon us that I have you fine agents here, as I doubt anyone else in Absalom is better qualified for this mission. I won’t lie, this is probably one of the trickiest tasks I’ve ever had to send a group of Pathfinders on, and much rides on its success. I need you to attend a wedding. And not just any wedding, mind you, but a Blakros wedding.

“The Blakros family is one of the wealthiest families in Absalom — in the entire Inner Sea region, even — and we’ve cultivated a good working relationship with them over the years. In two days, Michellia Blakros is getting married to the former Hellknight Damian Kastner, and because of security concerns, we only got our invitation this morning. I won’t bore you with specifics, but sufficed to say, the Society has a lot of interest in this wedding, as some of our agents had a hand in helping it along.

“The wedding is taking place on a secluded summer retreat on nearby Pariol Island, which the Blakroses own. There are two boats heading there before the first wedding festivities. One is a small supply runner set to leave in an hour that could get you there early tomorrow morning. The next is a larger ship that will transport the majority of the guests in the morning. Your travel is paid for of course, but you’ll need to get on one of those two vessels.”

With a grave nod, Valsin passes over the envelope containing the invitation, and continues. “Also, you’ll need to peace-bond any weapons when you arrive on the island, and I’d recommend only wearing your finest armor, if you wear any at all. We’re not too concerned about security at the wedding, but making a good impression on the Blakroses and their guests is key to your mission. You’ll need to mingle, and get on the good sides of as many people as you can. I can’t stress this point enough: This is a social gathering, and the Society could really use the extra clout with all our current efforts being so far abroad. I don’t care if you save the wedding from a dragon, find out the bride is a doppelganger, or discover some grand plot to take over the Inner Sea — I only care that you leave this wedding having made people happy and improving our standing among the attendees! Are we understood?"

He arches his eyebrows menacingly for a moment before concluding, "Good. Any questions?”

What you already know about the Blakroses

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 10:
The Blakros family originated in Taldor, and made their initial fortune trading with both Qadira and Taldor during the nations’ centuries-long conflict. Today they are one of the most influential families in Absalom and the greater Inner Sea region.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 15:
The Blakros family weds their offspring only to those of sufficient prestige and renown. Unlike in many other marriages, those who marry into the family often take on the Blakros name following the ceremony so that any children born to the couple will also carry the Blakros name.

Knowledge (history or nobility) DC 20:
A requirement of marrying into the Blakros family is a dowry of some note. In many circumstances, these dowries are secret to all but the families involved until they are formally presented at the reception.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

knowledge (nobility), untrained (max DC10): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 nothin'

The halfling gets a confused look at some of Valsin's words. Interest in this wedding... a hand in helping it along?! Care to elaborate?

As the instructions conclude the halfing gives an expectant look, as if there must be more to it.

So... we're just to be cordial wedding entertainers? I guess I could bring a special vintage brew from my family brewery as a gift. That would go a longer ways than my social skills...

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Know History, Free Inspi: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (2) = 20

Lebraerio informs his colleagues

How interesting. I don't know any Blackros family member by myself, of course, but I've heard and read about them. They are very influential in the whole Inner Sea, and their name carries prestige and fame. They are, too, quite rich, as each marriage brings even more money via a downry. They marry only in the upper classes, of course, and the newcomer takes the Blakros name. The nature of the dowry is a secret between the families-until the day of the marriage, or so I heard.

He coughs a little

Despite all my knowledge on the subject, I'm not very at ease in these social circles. But I'm sure in our group someone else can cover my lack of skills and grace.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"While I do have some experience in diplomacy, I can't claim to be good at it. And an hour isn't enough time to make proper preparations. I think we should make the ferry with the rest of the guests tomorrow morning."

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

"Diplomacy is not my strong point either. If I had to lecture them on subjects I know that would be a different story."

He then nods at Declan's suggestion, "Since the point of this mission is to mingle with people, going on the larger ship with all the guests seems like the ideal choice."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Very well then. I'll see to it that there is space made for you on the galleon. As for our interest in seeing that this goes well... We had actually specifically invited Michellia to the Grand Convocation to provide our assistance in finding a suitable match for her, though we were quite dismayed by the attack of the Onyx Alliance that followed...

"Regardless, the Blakroses wealth and influence and access to strange artifacts is second to few within the Inner Sea. Of course the Society has a vested interest in increasing the collegiality of our relationship with them."

Go ahead and make your preparations then. Or of course, feel free to ask further questions.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Ah, I see! Wilen nods knowingly at the explanation. He'd heard of this incident and the recounting was coming back to him now.

I can see why we want to put our best foot forward here.

Wilen has no preparations to make before we depart.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna looks a little apprehensive upon hearing her latest assignment. She looks to Venture-Captain Valsin, and nods before speaking.

"My apologies, but if this is a major event for the Blakroses, I think a little paranoia is justified, and I'd like to at least be mentally aware. First of all, can you tell us more about the bride and groom? I confess that I'm not that familiar with the ins and outs of Absolom high society, so I only recognize the Blakros name, and next to nothing about the groom. Of particular note, What order of Hellknight was he in, and did he part on good terms? Do we know who else is attending? Finally, who's providing security? Is it someone that we trust or we know is competent? Could they handle an attack from the Onyx Alliance?"

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan listens to the mission briefing with some concern. Diplomacy and leadership were not his strong suit. He almost hopes for an incursion by the Alliance rather than a boring weekend chatting up dignitaries and dancing with matrons. He tries to pay attention as Marianna asks a number of questions, but really only thinks about being outdoors again...

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan listens to the mission briefing with some concern. Diplomacy and leadership were not his strong suit. He almost hopes for an incursion by the Alliance rather than a boring weekend chatting up dignitaries and dancing with matrons. He tries to pay attention as Marianna asks a number of questions, but really only thinks about being outdoors again...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Well, Michellia is well aware of the prize that she or any other Blakros of weddable age is, and she's spent the last few years attempting to choose very carefully for what will best further her family's aims. She's smart as a whip and has an iron loyalty to her clan. In just a few years she'll be who we'll have to deal with. As for Damian Kastner, he was a field-maralictor in the Order of the Scourge. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some hard feelings among individual members, but he resigned his commission honorably to prevent any unbecoming conflicts of interest."

He grimaces at the questions about security. "I wish that I could say I knew all the details, but the Blakroses have assured me that they have security under control. I can't imagine that the Onyx Alliance, or any of their other old enemies for that matter, have slipped their mind."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen scratches his head, thinking that the Blakros family indeed has thought of everything.

Hmm, sounds simple enough. What else could we be missing here? Does the old man have to do favors on the day of his daughter's wedding? I wonder who the family is indebted to...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Ambrus sighs, "With the web of obligations that that family has woven, it would be easier to count those who don't have any debts involving the Blakroses..."

Last call for any pre-voyage purchases or questions!

***

The following day, security to board the ship is tight. The mercenaries carefully examine your invitations to ensure that they are legitimate, and then ask to examine your weapons and equipment. "Any weapons you have should already be peacebonded, but we can take care of that now if you wish." Any of you wearing bulky armor to a wedding are given a side-eye but not expressly forbidden*. Wands are carefully examined, and those carrying offensive spells are confiscated. Other wands must be demonstrated to be harmless burning a charge before they are permitted onboard the ship.

Watching over the proceedings is a tall, muscular Garundi woman, Commander Rubaani Shafar, the head of security for the island and this event. "Any problems you've got with our protection, you can take up with her."

Some of the other guests are already on board, but others arrive around the same time, or even riight before the boat sets sail!

Nigel Aldain, a former Pathfinder and curator of the Blakros Museum arrives precisely on time, the elf's long, dark hair pulled back into a neat ponytail, helping his fine clothes and silver-rimmed spectacles complete the image of an academic dandy.

The late-arriver is a well-dressed Tian man in his early thirties, with a beaming, but slightly dazed smile. He introduces himself to the guards as Jeon Raeng-Woo.

*If you have an appropriate title, whether from a boon or vanity, you can attempt to push back on this legitimately

Before departing, your various factions reach out to you with information, as well as particular luminaries that they wish you take note of...

Wilen & Duncan:
"Servant of the Satrap,

As the Society increases activity between Absalom and Varisia, they continue to depend on the Hao Jin Tapestry for moving agents and materiel across such a long distance. As we work to capitalize on this shortcut to profit, it behooves us to find allies and business partners who understand the potential of such a tool. The Blakros family made its fortune trading across the Qadira-Taldor border through the Plane of Shadow generations ago, and will certainly be amenable to discussing possibilities with doing the same via the tapestry. Meet with their trade liaison, Jeon Raeng-Woo, who will be at the wedding, and get him on board with this venture.

A pleasure,
Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam"

Marianna:
"Symbol of Righteousness,

I will not lie, things are grim in Varisia. The cult of Lissala has moved against Pathfinders and regular citizens alike, and we have recently learned that they plan to awaken a long-sleeping runelord! It is clear that more support is needed against this ever-growing threat, and we do not have enough Pathfinders to fight this battle alone.

It has come to my ear that you’ll be in attendance at the upcoming wedding of the famed Blakros family. While there, I would suggest you meet with Rubaani Shafar, commander of a mercenary company long in the Blakroses’ service. Not only will Rubaani be one of the guests you’ll wish to socialize with, but her support could aid us greatly in the growing Varisian conflict. Earn Shafar’s support, so we can finally get off the defensive and bring the battle to the cult of Lissala!

May the gods of light guide you,
Ollysta Zadrian"

Juis:
"Little Plaything,

A wedding! What a positively delightful opportunity to spread the greatness of Cheliax to those in attendance. No doubt the Pathfinder Society will already have you working on earning the attention of the key guests of this lovely little event. This time, I am far less demanding than the Decemvirate.

Once you’ve begun meeting with the guests, I’d like you to slip my name into your conversations with Hamaria Blakros. I know that the family matriarch knows my name, but there will likely be others in attendance whom I believe seek to tarnish my reputation. Ensure that my name is upheld with the wedding’s hostess and I will see to it that we can spend an evening together on the island.

Pain and pleasure are promised,
Paracountess Zarta Dralneen"

Declan:
"Esteemed Pathfinder,

Our operations in Varisia are really just starting, and despite the efficiency gained from using the Hao Jin Tapestry to travel there from Absalom, we can ill afford any competition. Despite our obvious advantages, the Blakros family’s archeological arms have begun to extend into the region like never before. At first I thought they might have found something the Society had missed, but then I discovered this move is motivated by pure jealousy at our efforts. Nigel Aldain is the curator of the Blakros Museum in Absalom, a former Pathfinder, and someone you may have met in your previous adventures. It appears that he’s caught wind of our operations in Varisia and is moving his own agents into the region to compete with us. I need you to approach him at the wedding, and impress upon him how poor a choice this would be.

Do your utmost,
Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin"

Lebraerio:
"Child of Osirion,

Our dear Ruby Prince grows even weaker. Moments of lucidity allow us to continue receiving his guidance, and through this communication our diviners believe we’ve found the location of a particularly powerful plant near Absalom that may aide our prince—the root of the enterot bush.

We are blessed that you are about to be sent on a mission to the Blakros family’s private retreat on Pariol Island off the Kortos coast. Agents in Andoran report that the Pariol family who once owned the island claimed the plant grew rampant on the island, though none of our informants among the Blakros family can confirm this is true today. Do your best to track down samples of the root while at the wedding, and be sure to bring some back to me.

I will be watching,
Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage"

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Only wand I have is a Wand of Cure Light Wounds. I do have a necklace of fireballs, I keep on forgetting I have.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Mithral Chain Shirt is gleaming, weapons are peacebound, and Wand of Cure Light is one charge less.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Burns a CLW charge.

Wilen's mithril shirt remains subtly tucked under his tunic and cloak. Ah, elven craftsmanship! However he pulls down his tunic by the neck to reveal the gleaming metal to the inspecting mercenary.

A Knight of Taldor never lets his guard down... boon

Once on board, Wilen sidles up to Jeon Raeng-Woo to introduce himself and obtain a friendly disposition.

So, how do you know the illustrious Blakros'?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 ouch

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Lebraerio buys a smart outfit, Something which isn't too ostentatious but way more elegant than his casual clothes

Buy a courtier outfit, -30 GP

He gladly accept to peacebond his weapons, as his mind is his greatest asset anyway, and finally shows his goodwill by using a charge of his curative wand.

CLW wand -1 charge

He tries to get information about "who's who" among the guests on the boat, either by plainly asking or by recalling any element he might already know

diplomacy, Free inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (1) = 13
Know Local?, Free Inspi: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (6) = 29


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 7

They aren't bringing up the necklace for now Juis.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Please do talk preparations/peacebonding/wands etc. in your next post Marianna and Duncan :-)

Aside from Nigel and Commander Rubaani, Lebraerio recognizes other leading lights of the Inner Sea:

Alexander Bedard, a member of Andoran's ruling People's Council, is a squat muscular Taldan man dressed in finely tailored garments in a patriotic navy blue, but despite his efforts at grooming he already wears a dark 5 o'clock shadow on his chin, giving him a somewhat threatening demeanor. You recall that he was a former suitor of Michellia Blakros, the bride-to-be.

Tancred Desmire, a middle-aged noble with carefully trimmed hair with a distinctly retreating hairline, is here as a Representative of the Chelish government, and cousin of the groom.

He's also aware that Jeon Raeng-Woo is the Blakros family trade liason to Tian Xia, as well as one of Michellia's childhood friends.

***

The voyage takes much of the day, giving you a chance to socialize with the guests or staff.

This is an Influence Opportunity - A time when you can take a swing at bettering your standing with one of the VIPs. By default you can use Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate to accomplish your goals (or aid someone else trying to influence the same character). You can instead try to discover their character flaws or bits of scandalous gossip that might help you influence them with this time.

For now, everyone go ahead and pick an NPC you'd like to start with so I can set up the appropriate scenes for them :-)

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan will speak with Nigel Alain.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis will talk with Tancred Desmire.

This Boon might apply to talking with him.

House Thrune's Favor:
Your complete discretion in infiltrating the Chelish embassy has earned you a rare token stamped with the insignia of the House of Thrune, signifying your favor in the eyes of Cheliax's ruling house. This grants you a +3 circumstance bonus on Diplomacy checks to influence high-standing members of House Thrune, the Chelish government, or a Hellknight order in good standing. This bonus remains in effect as long as the token remains on your person, and the token imparts its bonus only to you.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen will continue trying to chat up Jeon Raeng-Woo and try to do better, lol.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Question: What are the formal rules for peacebonding a weapon? I've been digging around for them, but can't seem to find them.

After spending several minutes arguing with herself over the face she wishes to portray, Marianna takes the dismissal to go shopping. So, It's a surprise to most people that know her that she arrives in a rather flattering red dress instead of her omnipresent armor, and the scars on her face are missing. However, she's still has her blade and shield, albeit peacebound, in their usual places on her back and side. In attempt to assist the security, the veteran Gray Maiden lays out her potions and alchemical gear cleanly and offers the wand to be tested.

Spending 50 gold on Courtier's outfit and 2 more doses of Scarsalve, since I'll need 3 doses for this whole excursion.

Upon getting on the boat, Marianna makes it a point to introduce herself to Commander Sharif. Since the boat trip takes some time, she's more then willing to swap 'war' stories with the commander. Near the end of the trip, she'll offer, "The society wants this to go off without a hitch as much as you do. I have faith in your well-trained men, but if you need my swordarm, just ask, and you'll have it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

And wait a second.... Isn't Desmire the son of a b#$$@ that propped up false charges on Zarta Dralneen that was the reason we infiltrated the Chelish embassy in the first place?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Peacebonding makes weapons unwieldy and awkward to draw. It makes it take a full-round action that provokes opportunity attacks to do so. It's also quite visible that you've broken the seal on your weapon if you do so.
I'll hold out til tomorrow to see if Dunc and Leb have some picks of VIPs
And Tancred is in fact that same S.O.B. >:-)


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Rubaani gives an uneven smile in response to Marianna's offer; the jagged scar that takes up much of one side of her face is much less responsive to her moods.

"I've never known the Society to have anything go off without a hitch. Too many rogue elements and treasure hunters mixed in with you honorable types, if you ask me. Far better to let the shields and swords focus on guarding than stir everything together in one pot."

***

Jeon Raeng-Woo is holding court at an impromptu bar set up near the stores of the ship, regaling his companions with ribald tales and deeply funny jokes.

"...and he says, "Well what in the Nine Hells do you call an act like that?! So the man mops off his face and he says, "The Aristo- Oh hey! You're one of the Pathfinders, right? Pull up a keg." He pats the one he's sitting on with a hollow echo. Conspiratorially he whispers to Wilen, "It's easier to move them around once they're empty."

You can take a swing with the Big Three Social Skills (always an option for everyone). You can also try to suss out good ways of approaching Raeng-Woo in the future with a Heal or Sense Motive check

***

Tancred is similarly the center of attention, though in his case he isn't the one doing the talking, instead at the center of a group of assorted nobility and minor Blakroses who all seem to be doing their very best to impress the gracious gentleman. His eyes flick over Juis, carefully noting his peacebonded weapon and the token of Thrune's esteem...

You can likewise go for the Influence, or try to discover some pressure points with either Knowledge (nobility) or Sense Motive

***

Nigel Aldain is carefully reading a well-cared for tome when Declan approaches. He glances up over his spectacles when his keen elven ears warn him of a visitor, and his eyes grow visibly wary when approached by a Pathfinder. "Yes? Is there something I can do for you?"

Influence is the same, but uncovering Nigel's secrets will require either Diplomacy or Knowledge (local)

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

As Juis approaches Tancred with a smile, he racks his brain on what he knows about Tancred.

Knowledge (Nobility) + Think on It: 1d20 + 3 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 10 = 21

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |
GM Cwethan wrote:

Please do talk preparations/peacebonding/wands etc. in your next post Marianna and Duncan :-)

Duncan is wearing leather armor, which is likely passable for the event. He happily complies to have his weapons peace-bonded, and the only wand he possess is CLW, which he leaves at home for this event.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan approaches the threatening looking Alexander Bedard. He is not one to make delicate conversation so he goes for a bold-faced story instead.

"Nice uniform, sir. Have always been a navy man myself. Nothing like the freedom of the open sea, not like this voyage, eh? What brings you to this soiree?"

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"Yes, Mr Alain, I am Declan Darksky, a Pathfinder, though I'm sure you know that. I was hoping to improve and the relations between the Blakroses and the Pathfinders. I thought, that since you are a former Pathfinder yourself, you would make a good point of contact. My first thoughts are on potential cooperative efforts in Varisia. Would you be open to discussing such a thing?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

As Jeon Raeng-Woo tells stories to the gathering around his makeshift distribution of liquor, Wilen tries to amicably offer some ale from his own brewery. See what this brew does for your wondrous stories, Mr. Raeng-Woo!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

It seems his workers might have handed him the wrong batch, which instead was their experimental seasonal brew targeted at a Nidalese market (far from appropriate for this crowd).

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Sense motive, Alertness, Free Inspi: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 + (5) = 28

Instead of mingling with the patrons, Lebraerio stays back and observes, trying to see through the lies, deception and false appearance to get the real feelings of the high society people

Want to see who likes/dislikes/Trust/distrust who


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Juis recalls that Tancred is capable of losing control when confronted with his own past failures. You yourselves thwarted him in the matter of Zarta Dralneen, but his brother was quite embarrassingly, and worse - incriminatingly killed by the Pathfinders not too long ago. Bringing up either one of them could easily cause him to lose his composure.

Duncan is barely able to get a word in edgewise before Alexander Bedard tramples over him with a rambling tale of his work back in the Andoran shipyards. Having heard that Duncan is a navy man himself he doesn't skimp at all on the endless, wearying details. Thankfully he doesn't pause much, so any ignorance Duncan might have in those matters is easily masked.

You can only attempt influence or discovery in a given social opportunity, so I'll just take the first one Declan

"I could perhaps be persuaded, Agent Darksky, to discuss my Varisian plans with specific, carefully vetted Pathfinders, but I have no wish to spread plans to any of your less trustworthy companions, let alone those meddling ingrates in the Decemvirate." Actually a success, but Nigel's prickly.

Raeng-Woo's face lights up when Wilen provides him a new ale, but both the halfling's conversation and booze fall flat.

Lebraerio's circulation doesn't learn much in the way of an interpersonal web, especially since many of the guests are not personally acquainted! However, it's a well known fact that Nigel sees any interactions with the Society as at best a necessary evil, and aside from Raeng-Woo's long friendship with Michellia and her sister, Alexander was in fact a former suitor of the Blakros heir, and quite an ardent one!

***

As the ship docks, you're ushered off onto the pier and directed along the bat towards the pavilion that will serve as the venue for the welcoming festivities.

The party is quite prepared as you arrive. Music plays softly in the background while liveried servants deliver a seemingly endless procession of food and drink to you all.

In addition to the guests you had already met, the matriarch of the Blakros family, Hamaria Blakros, awaits you as well in a dress of formal crushed velvet that flatters her olive coloration and well-kept figure.

You all have another opportunity for influence or discovery here

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

So, quite an assortment of interesting guests you have here, on the day of your daughter's wedding. I suspect many of them have benefited your family's fortunes over time, such as Jeon Raeng-Woo.

Wilen probes to see what her true opinion of the trade liaison is.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 7 arg

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan is a bit overwhelmed at the situation and certiainly not trained or experienced at diplomatic courtesies. He hopes homespun will do among the glitterati.

He advances to Hamaria Blakros, intending to offer his congratulations, it doesn't come out horrible, but its not very good, and Duncan knows it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Seeing as Juis thinks he has some leverage based on his knowledge of Tancred, he advances on Hamaria Blackros with Duncan to provide some support but fails miserably.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Can I just use my prior Knowledge Local role to find out more about Nigel?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yeah sure, that'll be okay this time Declan (though generally I don't like pre-rolled results - it'd be no fun if I'd made you keep like a 2 or something!

Leb and Marianna got any plans? Someone else can bot them too, but I don't want to advance when their assistance could be decisive...
Also, I'll remind you guys that aiding another can sometimes be the better part of valor ;-)

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Inspite of the blade and shield that she holds on her back, Marianna politely curtsies to the Blakros Matriarch. "Blessings for this auspicious occasion, milady. May the wedding be a joyous one, indeed."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Am I the only one with ranks in Diplomacy here? If so, that's sorta funny.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Sorry, had too much work, and RL stuff

Diplomacy, Aid another: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 4 + (1) = 16

Indeed, a wedding should be one of the most joyous, if not the most joyous day in someone's life. I add my blessings to those of Milady Nicos. You barely can have too much blessings.

601 to 646 of 646 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.