GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,701 to 2,750 of 3,025 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

This rectangular room is devoid of any furnishings or decorations, but the stone floor, walls, and ceiling have been recently scrubbed clean except for a small smear of dirt on the floor in front of the southern door. Other doors exit to the north and east.


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

Vanyan walks into the room, looking around. "I don't remember this place. Do any of you?" Vanyan, who was young when he left, doesn't have a good memory of the layout of this important historical town landmark.

"Tess, you're from around here, right? Which way is the way out?"

Though not a skilled tracker, Vanyan looks for tracks to see if this way was used much.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Survival


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

Aishe points to the front doors of the church that Atium opened (link), and the mist. "Don't think we want to leave that way. But lookin' for tracks is a good idea."

Aishe will look about to see if there's regular traffic to any of the doors in the large hall and the smaller room they just entered.

Tracking: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 4 = 9 (curse)
Tracking: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 4 = 17 (curse)
Tracking: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 4 = 27 (curse)
Tracking: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 4 = 14 (curse)

(Not sure how many rolls you might want, so here's a handful.)


If things aren't discovered that would change his mind, Atium moves to the northern door. Ready to open it and explore the area further.


Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "I.... I... I need some time to pray to Iomedae, and to clean... up. I'm dreadfully sorry for all of that."

    Vinas is fastidious in his cleaning, but he works efficiently. Once prepared, he joins Atium in the vanguard.


    Tessenarin looks at Vinas. "There is nothing to be ashamed of. There was nothing you could do about it. Vanvyan, I have not been to this temple before."

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Cultist footprints seem to be heading into every direction. In the end most head north though as the place has been thoroughly ransacked.

    Two large cabinets stand against the western and eastern walls in opposite corners of this room. The cabinets here held dozens of prayer candles for the private shrine, as well as cleaning supplies for the rest of the cathedral. The cabinets are empty now, except for a rag-filled bucket in the eastern cabinet.

    DC 20 Perception:
    : What appears to be a black rag stuffed into a rusty iron bucket is actually a silken cloak embroidered with a weblike pattern. DC 21 Spellcraft to ID.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 14 (curse)

    Aishe pokes round and shrugs, "Looks like they pretty well ransacked the place. We should follow them to the north." he suggests pointing out the tracks.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 Perception
    1d20 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 6 = 33 Spellcraft

    ”Hey! What do we have here?” Vanyan holds up silky black cloak.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Nice catch Vanyan!"

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vanyan finds a cloak of arachnida stuffed in among the rags.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    ”You might want to try this out. I dunno.”

    Handing the fancy cloak to Tess (Vanyan has other means), he looks to follow Atium to the north.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "An interesting find, and I bet one which will see use." Vinas waits for someone to put it on before nodding to Atium at the door. Map updated


    "I prefer my cloak that helps keep me safe, honestly, Vanyan. Perhaps someone else could use this?"

    Grand Lodge

    Male Human

    Atium likes the animal theme of the cloak, but he has lots of special items at this point. He nods at the others.
    Good eyesight. Sure wish *I* had such good eyesight. Twink, do you eat carrots or something? I have heard that carrots help with eyesight, but they don't grow well in the hard tundra.
    *****
    Are you all ready?

    He opens the door.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Turning south Atium and Vinas open the door to the southern storage room. A thin layer of dirt covers the floor here, giving this room a musty, earthy smell. Square wooden cabinets lie on their backs atop the dirt in the northeast and southwest corners.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan casts Detect Magic and peers in from the doorway. He looks, and even casts Light on a rock to toss in if they need more light.

    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 Perception

    ”Looks safe. You guys first.”


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe follows the others in the opposite direction to North. He steps a little into the room and lines up his crossbow on the next door, awaiting its opening.

    While he waits, he examines the floor for tracks.

    Survival: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 4 = 10 (curse)


    Atium moves into the room. Checking things out. More expecting things to *find him* than he is to find it.
    He squints.
    perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Within one of the downed bookshelves rests a body. Shreds of leathery flesh cling to this skeletal figure’s body, while twin motes of fiery light glow deep in its eye sockets. With Vanyan's light it slowly leans up, scaring Atium in the darknened room. Stepping back Atium's warhammer smashes the bookshelf and skeletal body to splinters as it oozes about the room.

    Now the room is safe.

    Back north Aishe can't make heads or tails of the many, many footprints but the majority head north.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Aishe, want the cloak of arachnida?

    "Okay then, maybe there is something nice down this way," Vanyan moves up to pick up his light-rock and tosses it into the next room so that they can see within.

    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 Perception

    Still going south on the map.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe shrugs, not really wanting the cloak, especially as he's already wearing one. "Sorry, got one I like better." he plays with the feathers on the frill and smiles.

    He follows Vanyan's journey south.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    A stone dais against the western wall holds a small shrine featuring a carved pair of hands clasped together in prayer in front of a blazing sun. Several dried puddles of wax decorate the dais, with red gemstones scattered among the puddles. The floor in front of the shrine is scarred with charred markings.

    This area was used by those who wished to worship privately and in peace, usually lighting prayer candles for the sick and unfortunate members of their families. The orcs that came to occupy this room left it alone after one of them saw the carving of the sun flare when she stepped close. The effect was only a coincidental reflection, but the orcs assumed the shrine was trapped and didn’t disturb it. The charred markings read “Trap!” in Orc and are obviously quite old.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe approaches and checks for any still existing traps.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 14 (curse)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan does not move in first, but follows Aishe and looks around, with Detect Magic.

    1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 Perception

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Neither Vanyan nor Aishe notice any traps. The orcs were probably just superstitious. Vanyan closes his eyes and concentrates. He picks up a moderate conjuration aura around the shrine and red gemstones.


    "Vanyan, Aishe, did you find anything? Or should we just move on through that door I see ahead?"


    In the previous room

    GM wrote:
    scaring Atium in the darknened room. Stepping back Atium's warhammer smashes the bookshelf and skeletal body to splinters as it oozes about the room.

    Atium really is caught off guard. Just not enough light, the skeleton gets the drop on him, but luck was on his side, the arm slices down and rings against the adamantine warhammer.

    AYYEAA!!! A surprised Atium shudders as the near miss. But quick fire muscles and rigorous training kick in and skeleton is demolished before Atium's brain catches up to his actions.
    ************
    Looking at the writing and the room that has obvious religious markings
    What do these Charred words mean? This looks new, and the room looks...interesting. What symbol is this sun?
    He looks at Vinas. Thinking he might have *had* some of those holy symbols on his person.... well that was before he took all of Rosslers stuff and now looks like the flying rapier's double.

    Aren't those gems? Why didn't the cultists loot those gems?


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan moves forward after the others do, focusing near the shrine.

    ”Careful now, something magical near that shrine and with those gemstones,” Vanyan warns. ”Exactly, *Wank*, why didn’t they take them. I mean, there is some magic there...hmm...”

    Vanyan will take his time and try to ascertain the magics employed here.

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Know (Arcana) - ID magic already in effect.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe keeps his distance from the unknown magic, but covers the others with his crossbow.

    "Learn anything?" he asks Vanyan.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Studying the gems and magic from afar Vanyan can only come to the conclusion that these gems are trapped to release a very heightened cloudkill spell if disturbed in any way.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe quietly backs out of the room...


    "would it be possible to shoot or throw something to disturb them to safely expend their power so we can pass through here to the door beyond?"


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    "Sure, Tess, we can try it," Vanyan moves out, and readies to run if gas happens. He's not the sharpshot guy, and with Aishe's curse, it might be Tess taking the shot.


    "Or perhaps Atium could toss a body in there? He certainly should be strong enough."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    "Can't we just walk on by?" Aishe queries, backing up a little further, unsure of the diameter of the gas.


    "I am somewhat nervous of trying to just walk past it, as I am unclear exactly what might trigger it. It seems safer to try to set it off first. But I am open to whatever everyone wishes."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan waits to see what happens.


    Atium likes the idea of tossing a body. He goes to the other room. Grabs the remnants of body and bone and gives a heaped throw into the area that the others point and direct him too.

    Ummmph!


    When Tessenarin sees Atium going for the body, he starts a new song. One that talks about fighting. Lots of references to Kurgess. Atium has +3 on a strength check to toss the body.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Grabbing ahold of one of the dead bodies Atium heaves it into the altar. The rubies scatter the floor. As they hit they release a cloud of noxious looking gas that fills the room. Backing far away you are unaffected and within moments it begins to dissipate.

    With the trap overcome the rubies look worth a pretty coin. Ten small rubies worth 75 GP each

    No longer blocked from heading further south, a long, low bookshelf runs along the western and southern walls of this room. The shelf is currently empty save for a few scraps of burnt paper. The center of the stone floor bears the scorch marks of an old bonfire. Two wooden doors stand in the northern wall.

    The priests of the temple allowed members of the community to use this room for various purposes: sewing circles, children’s parties, and game nights for those who didn’t want to gather in a tavern. The bookshelf once held dozens of texts about the Sarenite faith written for laypeople as well as popular works of wholesome fiction and poetry that the community could borrow and read as they pleased. The orcs took all of those books, not to mention the tables and chairs that were once here, and burned them up in a large indoor bonfire. The scorch marks on the floor are all that remain


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    "Damn orcs." mutters Aishe. He's not, you know, a reader per se. But it's one thing not to read, and a totally different thing to hate reading. Any reading.

    He shakes his head, A real shame.

    "Shall we head north now? Or do you want to do the east wing first?" Aishe inquires. Presuming the former, he starts moving up into position by the north door. If not, he follows the group.


    What do Orcs have to do with all that has befallen this fort? Why are Orcs so far into Lastwall? And when did these undead screwheads start working with Orcs? Anyone know or have ideas about this?


    "I do not think the Orcs and the undead are in league together. The undead are recent, as in after the Coffer was destroyed. Perhaps we should visit the east wing first."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan follows Tess to the east wing.

    "Yeah, I can't imagine the orcs working with the undead again, but I've been wrong before," Vanyan agrees.

    "C'mon *Wank*, come this way."

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Atium takes a moment to catch up as the group begins to split. Heading over to the eastern wing Atium tries to open the door, but it seems stuck shut.


    Atium moves to the Eastern wing. He kind of fell for a feint from the others. First they made to check out the norther door, and totally ditched him for the East.

    Hey! Wait up, you guys don't make much sense at times.... but oh well.
    *****
    At the stuck door.
    No Stupid door is going to stop me.
    Charka Raven!

    With that, he rages and pulls on the door.
    @ gm. please make st check if needed. failing this, he takes the adamantine warhammer out and bashes the crap out of it.Probably turning it to pieces in one blow.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

    Grabbing ahold of the door's tilted frame Atium wrenches it free from the hinges and tosses it to the floor.

    Five display cases occupy the majority of this room, their glass fronts shattered and their contents missing. Several empty frames hang on the western and southern walls, their canvases either shredded or simply torn away.

    An undead halfling, that some of you would recognize as Norreth Albo, a halfling priest of Sarenrae visiting Roslar’s Coffer to speak with the residents about establishing a schedule for the Sarenites to reoccupy the Bastion of Light. He stands in the tattered garb of a Sarenite priest, the flesh of the emaciated man appears charred or dried, and his empty eye sockets seep trails of smoke. He turns his baleful gaze upon you and moves to attack!

    Init:

    Vinas: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
    Atium: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Aishe: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
    Tessenarin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
    Vanyan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
    Norreth Albo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Round 1
    Atium (38/68; Raging 50/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Norreth Albo (DC 18 Religion to ID)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tessenarin (39/39)
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    Vanyan (39/39; +11 temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Vinas (48/63; 1 Con damage; 9 int, cha, wis Dam; Barkskin +3)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Who and what the heck is that?!” Vanyan asks as he’s not from town.

    1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 Know (Religion)


    Atium -having been weaponless as he tore down the door. Springs at the enemy.
    He wants to say something taunting like. Alright Tiny. We play a game called kick the cow bladder in my village. It's your turn to be the cow bladder.
    instead what comes out of his mouth.....
    You reel under the sorrow of the loss of your beloved. Let my strikes upon you be the assurance that you will reunite. Be at peace and take this placid path.

    attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
    claw attack: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    2,701 to 2,750 of 3,025 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.