GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,651 to 2,700 of 2,965 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Atium seems to be trading blows with this thing. The perfect scenario for his Bull Idol persona.
He is enhanced magically and at the peak of his game. Hopefully that's enough to overcome this Reaver.
attack 1: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 13 PA Magic Prayer
damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 19

attack 2: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 17PA Magic Prayer
damage: 1d8 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 19

Sorry GM, I was off on my attacks by 2. Should have been lower due to PA. I think the ones that hit still hit.


Tessenarin takes a shot at the most injured of the two cultists.

longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"Beware the woman's touch! She is a wight and can steal your life with but a touch!"


Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

Round: 4

Status:
HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
Conditions = -1 con damage, cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm), prayer, song
Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
Cold Iron Bolts = 8/15
Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
Grit = 2/4
Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

Aishe is somewhat surprised the reaver still stands, but he takes another pair of shots at the beast.
Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 = 10 (curse, prayer, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 3 = 20 (prayer, song)
Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 = 14 (curse, prayer, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 3 = 17 (prayer, song)


Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
Stats:
AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

Round 4

Vanyan thinks to throw another smaller ball of fire at the Reaver, but then sees the cluster of foes near Vinas. Making a split second decision, he unloads a lot of heat to get all the foes but the Reaver.

Iomedae forgive me.

6d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 1, 3, 5, 1) = 20 fireball vs. DC16 reflex for half

Round 4/6: You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls. No save.

Vanstats:

+6 ranged touch

[ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

hp: 37/39 +14 temp
AC: 16/14/12
Saves: F5/R6/W10

Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
PoP 2: 0/1 used
GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

Quantum Leaps used: Aishe
Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used
Staff of Courage: 7/10 charges left

Bless (1 charge)
Remove fear (1 charge)
Prayer (2 charges)
Remove paralysis (2 charges)


Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Going FIFO

    Vinas catches the man and tries to slice him down before he can get into position.
    AoO on purple: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 17, DMG if hit: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11
    REF v. Fireball: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19 10 Fire damage

    Under literal, withering fire, Vinas stands firm. He quickly undoes some of the damage LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 before swinging his blade at that the cultist Purple until down.
    ATK 1: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 16, DMG if hit: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11
    ATK 2: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 25, DMG if hit: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 13


    If Vinas' first attack is a miss...
    "Vinas, swing higher, you will take him down if you hit him there!
    gallant inspiration: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Scholarly Wight Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    Blue Cultist Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Evasion
    Purple Cultist Reflex DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    One of the cultists ignites and burns completely to a crisp. His husk of a body is all that remains as Vanyan's explosion trembles the building. Atium's blows from his hammer crush the Reavers head to a pulp.

    With but a single foe before him Vinas stabs his longsword through the cultists ribs. The man seems to laugh hysterically at the pain. "You are too late. Can't you see it?"

    Tessenarin gives Vinas a little inspiration that seems to help as the cultist is killed by sword and arrow alike.

    With only the wight left standing Aishe takes aim and sinks a pair of bolts into the pew right in front of her. Dark energy forms around the spectral hand as it rapidly floats through the air at Vinas.

    Spectral Hand delivering Touch of Idiocy vs Vinas Tch AC 11: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17
    Blur; high is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 33
    Int, Cha and Wis Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    Vinas' mind jumbles as he begins to feel a bit...slower.

    Active Buffs
    Prayer

    Round 6
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scholarly Undead (-20)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 5
    Vanyan (39/39; +11 temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (38/68; Raging 50/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (48/63; 1 Con damage; 4 int, cha, wis Dam; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 5

    Vanyan lets out a breath of relief as Vinas is mostly unhurt by his fire, and that two of the foes were hit. He moves up 30' and tosses a ball of fire at the nonwhite uncontrite wight, alright?

    1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25 touch to hit;
    1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8 fire damage. 2/6 used

    Round 5/6: You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls. No save.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 37/39 +14 temp
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/W10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used: Aishe
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used
    Staff of Courage: 7/10 charges left

    Bless (1 charge)
    Remove fear (1 charge)
    Prayer (2 charges)
    Remove paralysis (2 charges)


    Tessenarin moves up and takes a shot at the wight with his bow.

    longbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

    But misses a bit as she seems to be using the pew for cover.


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 5

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -1 con damage, cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm), prayer, song
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 7/15 (2 missed)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 1/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe moves up to be closer to their enemy and, eventually, to avoid cover. For this round, he prays to Abadar to guide his bolt.*
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26 (curse, prayer, song) damage: 1d8 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 3 = 13 (prayer, song)

    * Shooter’s Resolve (Ex): Ignore the effects of concealment and cover (other than total) against this single shot.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Atium finishes swinging down on the Reaver. Somehow- with lots of help from his teammates- besting this terror. He saw, out of the corner of his eyes blooming flowers of fire. He's seem some of this "fire work" from Vanyan. That ball of fire was larger and different.
    Thankfully, Atium's focus was all on the Reaver.

    With the Reaver done, Atium spins and moves toward the enemy hidden between the pews roughly 70 feet away. As he advances, the enemy and what she looks like comes into focus.

    Clarity stops him cold.
    The look of the Wight, The dress of the Wight, the quasi-real mage hand, and the balls of fire.
    The rage bubbling in his blood stops cold, the fatigue he always feels comes rushing in and is pushed into corners of his "emotional ID" by pure terror.
    THAT'S A MAGE! EVERYONE RUN! THE MAGE IS GOING TO DESTROY THE CHAPEL! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!
    He turns on his heels and goes to the double-doors. Attempting to fling them open to escape.

    Atium flees.
    Move towards pews. See his worst nightmare. Flee from pews- putting away warhammer and grabbing doors by their handles.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • That really sucks, it undoes almost all benefits to my smite. Vinas, addled and injured, but unwilling to let evil triumph hustles towards the wight. "NO!" He swings: Prayer, Bard, Favored, Smite

    ATK: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 20 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 8 = 21


    at least it's not permanent.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vanyan tosses a ball of flames up and over the pew, it lands right on the wight's back as she is too busy keeping an eye on Vinas. With one of his most feared enemies in sight Atium flees in terror through the southern doors.

    Two tapestries hang on the western and eastern walls of this rectangular chamber, both shredded into long strips. They appear to have once depicted the same angelic winged figure with the sun behind her head. Two stone double doors open out of this chamber, one to the north and another to the south. A slate has been hung on the northern wall just to the west of the doors; a skull with a gag in its mouth has been drawn on it.

    Reaching over the pew Vinas stabs the wight with his blade as Tessenarin fires arrows into the wooden benches. Abadar guides Aishe's bolt and it rips through the undead's shoulder. She steps back and guides the hand once more at Vinas. The blackened and incorporeal hand passes through Vinas before returning to her.

    Spectral Hand delivering Touch of Idiocy vs Vinas Tch AC 11: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26
    Blur; high is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 23
    Int, Cha and Wis Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    Active Buffs
    Prayer

    Round 7
    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scholarly Undead (-62)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 6
    Vanyan (39/39; +11 temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (38/68; Raging 50/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (48/63; 1 Con damage; 9 int, cha, wis Dam; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Round: 6

    Status:
    HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = -1 con damage, cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm), prayer, song
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 6/15 (2 missed)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +6/+1, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +6/+1 Damage: +0
    Grit = 1/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 1/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe, heedless for his own safety, charges forward to get a clean shot as the wight has its way with Vinas. Then he takes his shot. He again drops deadly aim in the hopes of hitting at all.
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 1 = 19 (curse, prayer, song, PBS) damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 = 17 (prayer, song, PBS)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Last round of prayer. Make it a good one. Also, sucks to be Vinas right now.

    Round 6

    Vanyan tenaciously pursues the wight, even as others flee in terror. He knows that he can’t let this abomination stand.

    1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24 touch to hit;
    1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 fire damage. 3/6 used

    Round 6/6: You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls. No save.

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 37/39 +14 temp
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/W10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 1/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used: Aishe
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/6 used
    Staff of Courage: 7/10 charges left

    Bless (1 charge)
    Remove fear (1 charge)
    Prayer (2 charges)
    Remove paralysis (2 charges)


    Tessenarin moves to avoid cover and takes a shot at the wight.

    longbow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
    damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


    Atiums legs feel like sandbags. Fatigued He just can't make them run. He looks left and right. He needs to get outside and away from the temple's inevitable collapse.
    Exit? Where's the exit? Guys, you need to get out. NOW!

    double move to a door, and opens it. If it's outside, and doesn't have an army of enemies - Atium calls out in relief.

    I found safety! Outside's right through this room!

    He's concerned about his companions, but his fear for his own safety is just too high to make him go back to that... thing.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Addled, weakened, and diminished, Vinas vows to go down fighting.
    He follows her, giving one final swing before oblivion takes him.
    ATK: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 27 DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 17

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vanyan lobs another ball of fire over the pews and onto the wight. She pats away the fire as she cringes in pain.

    Atium shoves the front doors wide open in all of his panicked haste. The south door opens directly onto the roiling miasma that surrounds Roslar’s Coffer. A thin membrane of magic keeps the poison from seeping into the building.

    Vinas closes in on her once again, cornered and with bolts and arrows flying all around she knows that she is trapped. She moves to slam her body into Vinas and drain him of what is left but both an arrow and a bolt thump forcibly into her chest and dropping her back prone into one of the pews.

    Combat over.

    Player Status:

    Aishe (34/34; 1 Con Dam; Misfortune Curse)
    Vanyan (39/39; +11 temp HP; 1 str drain)
    Atium (38/68; Raging 50/80; 1 Con Dam; Barkskin +3)
    Vinas (48/63; 1 Con damage; 9 int, cha, wis Dam; Barkskin +3; Blur)
    Tessenarin (39/39)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan moves quickly over to the wight and puts his last 3 balls of fire into her head, trying to unsure its perma-death.

    "Now that was a nasty fight," Vanyan says when the deeds are done. He looks around to see if Atium is still on the scene, then looks at Vinas.

    "Vinas, man, you don't look so good. Uh...man...oooh...man..." Vanyan tries not to let Vinas know how bad it is, but it's bad. "S&##. well, I guess we can try to fix you tomorrow...uhm...wow...your face..."

    Vanyan decides to look at something less disturbing than Vinas, and begins to loot the dead, which seems a measure better.

    "What were they doing here? Let's look around," Vanyan says before remembering Atium. He walks over to the screaming door opener.

    "What are you raving about?"


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe moves quickly to Atium's side as the battle ends. "It's OK... it's dead. It's OK." he tries to be soothing.

    When Atium becomes more his old self, Aishe will collect his missed bolts and check them for re-use. 1 is bad: 2d2 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

    He takes what he can get before searching for loot with the others.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24 (curse)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "ummmm....uhhhhhh.... ummmmmm....uhhhhhh"


    spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

    "Good news, Vinas. That spell she used on you is not permanent at all. I believe within an hour you will come back to your normal self."

    Atium! Come back here. It is safe. Aishe and I finished off the wight. You should not be leaving us like that. We will likely face worse things than her, if our previous encounters are any indication. Why did you run off?"


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "pbpbpbpbpbpbbpttttt...."


    Tessenarin looks at Vinas oddly then smiles.

    "Yes, I agree. Everyone, I think we should stay in here once we have determined it is safe until everyone has returned to normal."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)
    Vinas uth Antimanes wrote:
    "pbpbpbpbpbpbbpttttt...."

    ”You make a good point,” Vanyan agrees dryly, still waiting for Atium to explain himself even if it will likely be only half as eloquent as Vinas’ last utterance.


    Atium hearing that the danger has been squashed, is skeptical.
    Then again, he's staring at a dead end masquerading as an exit door. The Maisma is sure death, and the magic user is sure death.
    But his allies are saying that the coast is clear. Certainly a mage trick, until Aishe rounds the corner and joins him in the entry room.

    aishe wrote:
    "It's OK... it's dead. It's OK."

    With a timidness not seen before, Atium peaks around the corner. Seeing everyone else alive and the wight dead, he moves closer.

    Ohh, Vinas. You are ugly. What a terrible thing that Breaker did to you.
    He kicks the mage's body. making certain it really is re-dead.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan crosses his arms and awaits an explanation from Atium.

    ”What’s going on, *Wank*?”


    While waiting for Atium to return, and provide an explanation for leaving the group in the middle of a fight, he casts Detect Magic to find out if the Wight had any magic items on her, and will take them if she did.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    You search through the bodies as Atium explains himself a bit and find a few items of interest.

  • Brooch of Shielding
  • Potion of Inflict Serious Wounds
  • Blood red crystal lenses that fit snugly over her eyes.
    DC 16 Spellcraft:
    These are Deathwatch Eyes

  • Oil of Magic Weapon (2)
  • Potion of Invisibility (2)
  • Potion of Spider Climb (2)
  • +1 dagger (2)
  • MWK Studded Leather (2)
  • MWK Dagger (8)
  • GP 36 (6 each)


  • Seeing the folded arms and the stance that just screams -- Hey Lucy, you got's some 'splaining to do --- Atium looks around to the others.

    I told you all to flee. That thing must have had some of it's hocus pokus magic backfire on it, because I saw it blow people up with a fireball. Well, out of the corner of my eye, I did.
    It's mentioned all the time in my lore. They hurl a ball of fire and then they crack open the ground and create a quaking earth that tosses bodies into the deep dark.
    It's said every time, every story. Fire, broken earth, people plunge to death.

    He looks up and down the row of Coffer Survivors and asks the question, So, how did you actually defeat it? Did someone break it's staff, where it's power is held? Get a lucky hit that blew up it's soul stone?
    Atium obviously thinks that this mage with the mage hand was something epic and of legend.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Tessenarin looks sideways at Vanyan and gives him a "Do you want to explain this, or me?" look


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan looks from Aishe to Vinas to Tess, catching the latter man's glance. He still cannot believe what happened -- Atium, their fearsome warrior, running away in the midst of a tense battle to hide from a bunch of magic tricks.

    "Look, clearly you have some sort of thing with mages, and I'm going to try very hard not to judge you for that. We all have our weird little phobias," he adds, suppressing a shudder at the mere thought of food sticking to the roof of his mouth. Or the color yellow. Or the number 16.

    He pauses to inhale sharply, then continues. "So anyway, Wank, what you saw was *us* fighting the monsters... your *own companions* fighting them with fire. And look around! We won!" He gestures vaguely, trying to summon whatever motivational words he may find.

    "Sometimes the world can seem a little dark. This one surely does," he adds, grimly. "But that doesn't mean we just give up and run away, Atium. Sometimes you have to face the scary monster. And fight it. And hopefully win. *Together.* You know?" Here he pauses a little awkwardly, looks down, and then looks at Atium expectantly.


    giving others a chance to pile on before replying - but great post Vanyan. Gives me lots to think about in replying.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "Goog."


    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe doesn't pile on, but he does eye the various doors surrounding the place, wondering what horrors lie beyond each one. He waits patiently for Vinas and Atium to get there respective s*!~ together and keeps an eye out for trouble.

    Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 4 = 25 (curse)


    I get what you are saying. We have to stick together.
    But, I was finding us an exit. That's what we want-- right? The end goal is to get out of here and to safety. We put the beat down on that Red Thing and we had an exit. I even called for you all to follow me.
    ........

    and it's because I don't think you fully understand how dreadful and powerful these Mages are. Just look at the WoundWorld. That was the mages doing. And, it's going to grow and grow until it breaks Golorian apart like a turtle egg. With us being the turtle goo that leaks out onto the floor.
    What do you know about the Wound World? Any of you? *OUR* People know. Other clans have been wiped out by those mage people.

    Atium tries to get replies from the others. Depending on their answers, but more than likely settling on, *Together* works for me. I'll try to get us all to safety- but you have to also see things my way too.

    You can tell that Atium is still very uneasy by the Magic User- The clothes, the items, and the symbolism- more than the undead/dead body.
    He stays away from it and the treasure items right now.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • "eeeeeeeee"


    "Here, Vinas. Sit and relax. Tessenarin guides Vinas to a bench. "And wear this. I think it will help you at times. He pins the Brooch of Shileding onto Vinas.

    "Atium, you have seen Vanyan provide fire previously, and often, yet you do not run away from him, and you let both of us heal you when injured. It is simple enough: Just kill the enemy spell casters. And while we do want to try leave, remember we have that.... mist, fog, or whatever it is, if we want to leave. Perhaps we will find some answers in here, though it seems like an odd place for us. But clearly these cultists are here, so perhaps that is a sign."

    "Now, let us wait here until Vinas is more functional again. "


    Tess wrote:
    yet you do not run away from him

    Atium belly laughs at the thought of Vanyan being a powerful mage type.

    That ball of fire from the mage was And Atium spreads his arms out wide. Really wide.
    The fire from Vanyan is like this.

    and his arms contract to a much smaller breadbox sized example.
    Little does he know- or realize- -the fireball actually came from Vanyan and NOT the mage.
    Any attempts to try to convince him otherwise - even Vanyan casting another fireball spell will be considered a joke/jest - even another fireball will be illusions that Tess helped make.

    As for healing, that's granted from the Gods. That's village elder stuff, and perfectly explainable. It's those people that dabble in the magics and lose their souls. They are the ones... those ones.
    You know stories Tess- what have YOU heard about the Wound?


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan listens to Atium, trying not to be too offended, and then shrugs.

    "Meh. I can heal too, but if there is anything I can say to put your mind at ease about your friends and opposed to your enemies and the magics each possess, please let me know," Vanyan tries to be polite to the man who could rip his arms off, but also not wanting to back down. He never wants to back down.

    "We have time. I don't think Vinas is going to be right for a while," Vanyan tries to avoid the sputtering holy warrior. "Yeah, just let me know what I can do to keep you from freakin' out."

    Vanyan will waste time by checking out every nook and cranny of the large room, waiting for Vinas to recover.


    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas picks his nose. Rather, he tries, but the gauntleted fingers make for shallow digging.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Male Human | AC 18 T 15 FF 13 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +12, SM: +9

    Aishe isn't too bothered by Atium's withdrawal, and he's encouraged by the attempts to get him to see reason, though he's not sure it will work. They'll just have to watch for this again, should they encounter another mage.

    He waits for Vinas to stop picking his nose with his gauntlet, and simply do it with his fingers like everyone else.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Male LG Human | HP 65/73| AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +10, CMD 20 | F: +13 R: +8, W: +13 | Init: +0 | Perc: +10, SM: +10
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 2/7 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 1/2
  • Vinas wipes his hand on Aishe. "brrrript"


    Tessenarin shakes his head at Atium, knowing that this is going to come up again.

    "Vinas, that is unseemly for a warrior of Iomedae" Tessenarin admonishes.

    "Vanyan, do you know what this is?" and present the red crystal to Vanyan. "And has anyone found anything else of interest?"


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 12/33 (2923)
    Stats:
    AC 16; F5/R6/W10; Arcana+10,Hist+11,Local+11,Nat+11,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+14,Spell+12(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan stops his nervous pacing while he waits for Vinas to sober up to look at Tess and the crystal.

    ”Oh piddlespot, I totally forgot about that. Thanks, Tess, let me take a look,” Vanyan takes the item feeling rueful that he overlooked it. Casting Detect Magic, he examines the item carefully.

    1d20 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 6 = 33 Spellcraft

    He nods, smiles, puts on the lenses to look around, especially at Vinas.

    ”Deathwatch. Huh. That’s kind of neat. You can see when people are dying, if you’re into that, which I’m not, but others might be,” Vanyan hands the lenses back to Tess.

    Then he resumes his pacing, hoping that Vinas recovers.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    After a rough hour of Vinas picking his nose, s+*+ting and pissing himself Vinas' mental faculties begin to slowly return to him in embarrassment. While he remembers exactly what happened he had little control of his actions or even the situation.


    "interesting on these lenses. Does anyone want them? Also, we should hand out the potions we found. However, I do not think anyone here wants that injuring potion.... "


    Atium moves over to the left most door and prepares to open it. He wants to try and get out of this place.
    Now that Vinas is looking better, let's get over here and open this door.

    He will open once everyone is ready.

    2,651 to 2,700 of 2,965 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.