Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


451 to 500 of 556 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

"Thank you. It will be useful to communicate with the locals in their own tongue. It may also be of use to have the ability to deceive them if they ask questions we do not want to answer... Let us see who - or what - this "Ismin" is.

Eirikur and Dagun leap onto the dock from the water surface, following behind the prince.


One of the dock workers runs off, up the slight hill towards the center of the town. The others continue to mill about in confusion.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

"Let us meet this Ismin then." The Dragon moves to go after the departing man, tucking his wings in.


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
"Let us meet this Ismin then." The Dragon moves to go after the departing man, tucking his wings in.

Some of the curious dockworkers pick up their pace considerably as Arc begins his flight -- clearly concerned he intends to snatch one or more of them in his threatening claws.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince opens his mouth and calls, with a bass tone in common:

"Ismin! We would speak with you!"


The curious group of diminutive dockworkers continue to scatter, and the mysterious "Ismin" of which one spoke has yet to make its appearance.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Let us walk further into the settlement and seek this Ishmin."


The metallic buzz which had first been noticed on board the octopus vessel reappears.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Do you hear that buzzing? Either the octopi have returned - or there are similar devices nearby."

The Prince attempts to locate the direction that the sound is coming from and the distance from which it originates.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"Do you hear that buzzing? Either the octopi have returned - or there are similar devices nearby."

The Prince attempts to locate the direction that the sound is coming from and the distance from which it originates.

[dice=Perception]1d20 + 10

[dice=Knowledge Engineering]1d20 + 12

Neither of those Knowledge checks produces any useful information.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

"If they do return, they will be soundly thrashed and sent packing. I have no concerns on that front. I do wonder when this "Ismin" will arrive... Some answers would be nice."


A male human who is not so short as the curious dock attendants, though still not exactly tall, rushes down the hill towards the newly-arrived party of amnesiacs.

His head is covered by a distinctive cap, a conical reed hat with an exceptionally wide brim. It is secured by a black ribbon tied below the man's chin, and the broad overhanging lip of the head covering casts most of his face into shadow.

The man is dressed in a bright jade robe with a luxurious whiter-than white trim of some variety of fur. The body of the garment is decorated with blue filigree in a series of elaborate geometric designs.

His shoes are a curious set of sandals with thick blocks of wood for soles.

As the man approaches, one of the dock-workers calls out,

"Brother Ismin, there are strangers!"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Buzzing Perception: 20 + 21 = 41


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
[dice=Buzzing Perception]20+21

Arc - Nightmare Dragon: Perception:

The incessant buzzing is created by a cloud of nanites.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Per:
Can I see them? And can I see what they are doing?


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Arc - Nightmare Dragon: Perception:

As a disruption in the air, like a heat wave. They are buzzing around in a cloud like bees.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince steps forward towards the figure whom he presumes is Brother Ismin and stretches out out his hand in what he aims to present as a welcoming gesture:

"Ismin?", he queries.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

When or if Ismin is in reach, the Prince will grant him an hour of understanding "common".


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince steps forward towards the figure whom he presumes is Brother Ismin and stretches out out his hand in what he aims to present as a welcoming gesture:

"Ismin?", he queries.

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20 + 16

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20 + 12

When or if Ismin is in reach, the Prince will grant him an hour of understanding "common".

The man with the broad hat, elaborate green tunic, and thick-soled wooden sandals halts abruptly at the utterance of his name.

"Why yes," he replies, "I am indeed Brother Ismin of the Order of Truth. And I am afraid you have the advantage of me, as I have no knowledge of you or your persons that have now alighted in my humble seaside home. Who might you be, then, strange visitors to the Village of Halfstar of the Kingdom of Navarene? How shall I address you?"

The Unfettered Prince:

Ismin appears to be genuine in his welcome.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince reaches to touch Ismin on the shoulder.

Share Comprehend language, giving 1 hour of understanding common to Ismin. Will Save DC 25 should he resist.

"A pleasure, Brother Ismin. We are amnesiacs, though possessed of great power, here brought by means and will unknown from lives scattered throughout the aeons. We have worked out titles for ourselves for communication. I am the Unfettered Prince. These are my companions, whom you can now also speak with for this hour. I appreciate a sincere welcome. A first question: do you know what that buzzing sound is? If it is a defensive measure against us, it will not be necessary unless we are driven to defend ourselves."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Being asked for his name gives Arc pause as he once again searches his own memory. "Dragon will suffice, Nightmare Dragon if you must." To his companions, he indicates the cloud of nanites with a gesture of his clawed hand.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince reaches to touch Ismin on the shoulder.

Share Comprehend language, giving 1 hour of understanding common to Ismin. Will Save DC 25 should he resist.

"A pleasure, Brother Ismin. We are amnesiacs, though possessed of great power, here brought by means and will unknown from lives scattered throughout the aeons. We have worked out titles for ourselves for communication. I am the Unfettered Prince. These are my companions, whom you can now also speak with for this hour. I appreciate a sincere welcome. A first question: do you know what that buzzing sound is? If it is a defensive measure against us, it will not be necessary unless we are driven to defend ourselves."

"Oh, that's probably the Iron Wind which has been roaming this area the last couple of weeks. I'd stay away from that if I were you, Unfettered Prince."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Ismin, what is this 'Iron Wind'? What does it do? Do you know why it is here?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"Ismin, what is this 'Iron Wind'? What does it do? Do you know why it is here?"

"The Iron Wind is the Ninth-World term for clouds of dangerous nano spirits, that are far too tiny to see, which travel across the landscape in terrible clouds borne by strong winds. These warp everything they touch, transmuting all matter."

"An Iron Wind storm twists the ground, turns rock into clouds of vapor, and creates new features out of thin air. And woe to any living thing caught in its passing. Trees become rocks, pools of water, or unrecognizable lumps of pulsing, living substance. The Iron Wind tears apart creatures only to rebuild them in bizarre, seemingly random shapes. Flesh is transmuted to nonliving substances, ropy tendrils, or even more alien configurations or textures. Nine times out of ten, this transformation results in the death of the creature—sometimes a long, painful death as it tries to cope with its new form."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"Ismin, what is this 'Iron Wind'? What does it do? Do you know why it is here?"

"As to your second question, I'm embarrassed to admit that I am partly responsible. I and my companion archaeologists discovered a jar of iron wind in ruins of the old moat house a mile or so from the village. In a moment of over-eagerness and to our shame, we foolishly opened the container without taking the appropriate precautions, hoping that we had discovered a particularly notable numenera mentioned in the ancient records that I have been studying over the course of the last several years."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Knowledge Engineering on what he knows of nano spirits: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

"I see! 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained.' is a way of thinking that I can appreciate. I would know how best to destroy or control this Iron Wind. We have already seen off over-eager octopi who intended massacre here. Some nano-spirits surely are not beyond our powers to handle. What numenera did you think was in the jar, by the way?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

[Dice=Knowledge Engineering on what he knows of nano spirits]1d20+12

"I see! 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained.' is a way of thinking that I can appreciate. I would know how best to destroy or control this Iron Wind. We have already seen off over-eager octopi who intended massacre here. Some nano-spirits surely are not beyond our powers to handle. What numenera did you think was in the jar, by the way?"

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Engineering):

Nanotechnology ("nanotech") is manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale. The earliest, widespread description of nanotechnology referred to the particular technological goal of precisely manipulating atoms and molecules for fabrication of macroscale products, also now referred to as molecular nanotechnology.

A more generalized description of nanotechnology was subsequently established, which defines nanotechnology as the manipulation of matter with at least one dimension sized from 1 to 100 nanometers. This definition reflects the fact that quantum mechanical effects are important at this quantum-realm scale, and so the definition shifted from a particular technological goal to a research category inclusive of all types of research and technologies that deal with the special properties of matter which occur below the given size threshold. It is therefore common to see the plural form "nanotechnologies" as well as "nanoscale technologies" to refer to the broad range of research and applications whose common trait is size.

Nanotechnology as defined by size is naturally very broad, including fields of science as diverse as surface science, organic chemistry, molecular biology, semiconductor physics, energy storage, microfabrication, molecular engineering, etc. The associated research and applications are equally diverse, ranging from extensions of conventional device physics to completely new approaches based upon molecular self-assembly, from developing new materials with dimensions on the nanoscale to direct control of matter on the atomic scale.

"Well, of that I'm not sure. Is there ever one 'best' way to deal with the numenera?"

"As to your second question, I was pursuing a reference to a particularly notable numenera mentioned in the journals kept by the first Amber Pope."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince mindspeaks with amusement to his companions.

"That was a most casual lack of response to talk of us preventing massacre! This brother is truly focused on his lifework."

"We fell into the sea out there less than a day ago. Numenera are new to us, though I know something of nanoscale technologies.", replies the Prince, pointing out to sea.

"A notable numenera? What was it meant to be?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince mindspeaks with amusement to his companions.

"That was a most casual lack of response to talk of us preventing massacre! This brother is truly focused on his lifework."

"We fell into the sea out there less than a day ago. Numenera are new to us, though I know something of nanoscale technologies.", replies the Prince, pointing out to sea.

"A notable numenera? What was it meant to be?"

Brother Ismin appears to be slightly hesitant to offer any additional insight on this point, and replies, haltingly,

"An... artifact of great antiquity and rarity to which particular attention is given in the aforementioned annals of the founder of the Order of Truth."

He appears eager to quickly transition to another topic,

"Octopuses you say? Well, they can certainly be a surly sort. Given what you suggest of their hostile intentions, I wonder if they hailed from the Bay of Peyclin?"

"In any event, it sounds like you've all had a rather tumultuous entry into this present world. As a sworn Aeon Priest of the Order of Truth, I am of course pleased to meet travelers from the priors worlds, and to potentially learn something of your times and previous lives. I should be happy to discuss these matters with you."

He looks over the group quizzically,

"Given your wide range of body forms, I can't begin to imagine what your individual nutritional and other homeostatic requirements might be, but I should like to begin by conducting your party to one of our local hostelries, where we should be pleased to arrange at least temporary lodgings for your company."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

"Aye, and fortunate of us to have found an Aeon priest so quickly. We shall partake of the hospitality offered?"


Ismin points in the direction of a multi storey building slightly up the hill.

"We're going to head up that way if you'll all be so good as to follow my lead. We had a party from Qi come in unexpectedly recently, but I imagine there's still sufficient room, at least enough for a short stay."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"My friends, the Aeon priest is shying away from speaking about this Numenera. I do not intend to forget it. But I do think he is genuine about hospitality and I think that we should partake of it."

***********************

"Brother, we can speak about this artefact after refreshments. These octopi did not confirm where they were from, just saying that they had a Queen's Emissary on board. We can also speak more of that over food. Of which I am most willing to try!"

The Unfettered Prince is ready to walk with Brother Ismin.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"My friends, the Aeon priest is shying away from speaking about this Numenera. I do not intend to forget it. But I do think he is genuine about hospitality and I think that we should partake of it."

***********************

"Brother, we can speak about this artefact after refreshments. These octopi did not confirm where they were from, just saying that they had a Queen's Emissary on board. We can also speak more of that over food. Of which I am most willing to try!"

The Unfettered Prince is ready to walk with Brother Ismin.

"An emissary of the Queen you say? That's certainly a novelty!"


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur shakes his head as the Prince shares the tale of the fools. "They then called on a larger companion of theirs for help... unfortunately for them, he had no interest in helping them. As for this group from Qi... Would you be willing to provide an introduction? It seems the best way to determine our histories is to forge ahead into our future, and I would like to meet those who might know more of any strange happenings in these lands. I also thank you for the offer of hospitality and welcome. "

Eirikur also steps towards the building Ismin had pointed towards, more than ready to examine the local foodstuffs.


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:

Eirikur shakes his head as the Prince shares the tale of the fools. "They then called on a larger companion of theirs for help... unfortunately for them, he had no interest in helping them. As for this group from Qi... Would you be willing to provide an introduction? It seems the best way to determine our histories is to forge ahead into our future, and I would like to meet those who might know more of any strange happenings in these lands. I also thank you for the offer of hospitality and welcome. "

Eirikur also steps towards the building Ismin had pointed towards, more than ready to examine the local foodstuffs.

"Oh, so you've heard of the great city of Qi I take it? Well, if that's so, I certainly understand your desire to meet Jadir, Aldakani, and the rest of their esteemed company. They appear to be a very worldly sort, filled with the riches of the culture of their home. They are also pure in heart, having come at the behest of the Amber Pope's declaration to prepare for the holy crusade against the faithless Gaians to the North. May the holy Faith of those who speak the Truth preserve us all ever from their detestable heresies."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"These conflicts regarding faith and science are greatly interesting. Qi sounds increasingly a place that our group should visit and explore."

"Ah yes. The smaller octopi spoke of many matters related to our respective pasts. Then a disagreement broke out when we realised that they intended to bombard this village. We slew several of the smaller octopi in said disagreement about their research methods and their general attitude. They apparently were attached to the Queen's scientist Yufrenics.", the Unfettered Prince adds with a chuckle.

"The larger one, Uweenis, stated a title of emissary of Erranamol, apparently an associate of the Queen. What do you know of this Queen, by the way? You seem familiar with the title."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"These conflicts regarding faith and science are greatly interesting. Qi sounds increasingly a place that our group should visit and explore."

"Ah yes. The smaller octopi spoke of many matters related to our respective pasts. Then a disagreement broke out when we realised that they intended to bombard this village. We slew several of the smaller octopi in said disagreement about their research methods and their general attitude. They apparently were attached to the Queen's scientist Yufrenics.", the Unfettered Prince adds with a chuckle.

"The larger one, Uweenis, stated a title of emissary of Erranamol, apparently an associate of the Queen. What do you know of this Queen, by the way? You seem familiar with the title."

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20 + 16

Continuing the bizarre reaction already noticed by the Unfettered Prince, the local Aeon priest still appears strangely nonplussed by the revelation of the near-destruction of the town by eight-legged forces.

"Well, the Queen is the titular ruler of all octopuses, though there are some communities, such as that of the Bay of Peyclin to which I previously averred, which are more or less independent in practice. I have had dealings with that strange people before, and know well of their Queen and her Coral Cathedral within the depths."


An undeniably-attractive, pale-skinned young man with short blonde hair, brilliant blue eyes, sparkling like sapphires, and a wide smile suddenly interjects at the mention of the scurrilous cephalopods.

"Egads, octopuses, where?"

Ismin turns to the new discussant with slightly weary expression,

"Nowhere, Giralt, they're already gone, there's nothing to worry about."

"Egads, Brother Ismin, but what if they come back?"

Now the weariness is also evident in the older man's voice as he replies,

"I just told you you're safe Giralt, no octopus is coming to spirit you out of your bed and inspect your most vulnerable orifices in the interests of some dreadful experiment. And even if they did, the firefly veil will keep us perfectly safe. Please do calm down."

It is as if the air is interrupted with static as the Aeon Priest utters the world 'firefly veil'.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Dealings? How best might one convince the octopi to be useful? They offered us information freely, at least until some important details."

*****

The Unfettered Prince pauses when he witnesses the exchange between Giralt and Ismin.

Then he throws his head back, and laughs mirthfully.

He swiftly regains his composure and adds:

"Well met, Giralt! It appears that our group slaying octopi and convincing the others to withdraw may have been critical an affair than we imagined! Ismin, I imagine that you have a superb defense in this veil! What is it?"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Arc listens intently, obviously curious.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"Dealings? How best might one convince the octopi to be useful? They offered us information freely, at least until some important details."

*****

The Unfettered Prince pauses when he witnesses the exchange between Giralt and Ismin.

Then he throws his head back, and laughs mirthfully.

He swiftly regains his composure and adds:

"Well met, Giralt! It appears that our group slaying octopi and convincing the others to withdraw may have been critical an affair than we imagined! Ismin, I imagine that you have a superb defense in this veil! What is it?"

Who exactly can understand the Unfettered Prince again, can anyone but Ismin hear what he's saying?"

"Egads, the horrible eight-legged creepy-crawlies, I should think so! Absolutely dreadful things, always sticking their slimy appendages where they've no right to be."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"Dealings? How best might one convince the octopi to be useful? They offered us information freely, at least until some important details."

*****

The Unfettered Prince pauses when he witnesses the exchange between Giralt and Ismin.

Then he throws his head back, and laughs mirthfully.

He swiftly regains his composure and adds:

"Well met, Giralt! It appears that our group slaying octopi and convincing the others to withdraw may have been critical an affair than we imagined! Ismin, I imagine that you have a superb defense in this veil! What is it?"

Ismin nods sagaciously,

"It is undeniable that the earnest investigations of the Order of Truth have yielded amble rewards for the inhabitants of the Steadfast, seven isolated communities such as the humble clave in which you presently find yourselves guests."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

True! Just the party and Ismin. But he forgot this in his amusement and he definitely did just visibly laugh merrily. That said, the Prince did look at Giralt and say his name, so he might have realised that he was being addresssed, even if he could not understand the rest or the reason for laughter.

"Ismin, we have need of either learning this tongue you speak, or finding another means to understand it. I can include others in my casting, but it has limits in time. Do you have a solution to our communication issues?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

True! Just the party and Ismin. But he forgot this in his amusement and he definitely did just visibly laugh merrily. That said, the Prince did look at Giralt and say his name, so he might have realised that he was being addresssed, even if he could not understand the rest or the reason for laughter.

"Ismin, we have need of either learning this tongue you speak, or finding another means to understand it. I can include others in my casting, but it has limits in time. Do you have a solution to our communication issues?"

"Hmmm... that is a quandary, isn't it? How quickly can your various constituents learn? There are grammars for the Truth stored in the archives which we use for teaching our language to benighted claves of the Beyond, as well as travelers from even more distant reaches, including the Truth-less Gaian infidels."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"I imagine they would learn swiftly, given their remarkable battle prowess and adaptability. Perhaps these grammars could enlighten us and smooth our arrival into these lands with the local tongue."


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

"Languages seem to be something we have a knack for, though we don't have all that many in common outside of magical aids... A situation best remedied soon, as the Prince points out. What is this firefly veil you mentioned?"


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:

"Languages seem to be something we have a knack for, though we don't have all that many in common outside of magical aids... A situation best remedied soon, as the Prince points out. What is this firefly veil you mentioned?"

"So, I take it you wish to explore our humble archive first, rather than take of repast in the local hostel? Or am I mistaken."

"As to the firefly veil, it is a numenera that protects this, my adopted home."

This answer follows a pattern from his earlier reticence about the numenera which his company sought in the nearby ruins, and it would appear that Brother Ismin the Aeon Priest of Halfstar is loathe to offer much detail regarding these mysterious artifacts of the previous worlds.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"I think it most helpful if we can speak with other dwellers in Halfstar, so the archive first may be best. I can create water on a whim, as can others here. So we will not perish of thirst. Could food be brought to the archive while we study?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"I think it most helpful if we can speak with other dwellers in Halfstar, so the archive first may be best. I can create water on a whim, as can others here. So we will not perish of thirst. Could food be brought to the archive while we study?"

The Aeon Priest nods in easy acquiescence,

"It is not a formal repository by any means, but rather a strange vault that was uncovered during an extension to the foundations of the local town hall. Clearly, there was a settlement on this auspicious costal location prior to the historical convocation of the nine nations who observe the precepts of the Order of Truth and are referred to collectively as the Steadfast. However, its history and fate remain, for the most part, a great mystery, though during my tenure, brief though it has been, I have endeavored to make some progress in plumbing their as yet uncharted depths."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 1 | Vigour: 41/43 | Wounds: 51/20 | Def: 17 | FF: 10 | DR: 6/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +17 | R: +10 | W: +15 | CMD: 23 | Init: +11 | Per: 10 | Speed: 60' | Fly: 120' | Senses: Darkvision 120' +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"If my companions do not disagree, I think it best that we learn the language first. Should any danger from the past rise from the depths and rear its head, we would make it regret that move. If you would, Ismin, lead on."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Arc is in agreement.

451 to 500 of 556 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.