Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


51 to 100 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Oh nice! Overlooked that!

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Aye, down the hatch!


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Agreed. Let's go exploring!


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince has gambled that he'll find air before he has to turn back. We'll see how that goes for him!


Noticing a strange magic trying to penetrate, Cassius is about to negate access when he realises it's a harmful effect. He lets it in, and feels much better being able to breath underwater. "Thank you."

He follows the others down the hatch, carefully considering what kind of events have brought this disparate crew altogether.


The hatch opens on to a tube some 10 feet across in diameter. It leads downwards a considerable distance, almost certainly several hundred feet.

The aperture is pitch black.

Without a light source, any potential explorer will be forced to maneuver within the passageway purely by their sense of touch. This would leave them at the mercy of any potential predators or natural obstacles that might be encountered in the course of the exploration.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Witch hexes are awesome. Bizan has murksight and darkvision. Murksight allows her to see through natural fog, mist, murky water, and rain without penalty and ignore concealment from these effects. WOuld this help under the circumstances?


Bizan Ashura wrote:
Witch hexes are awesome. Bizan has murksight and darkvision. Murksight allows her to see through natural fog, mist, murky water, and rain without penalty and ignore concealment from these effects. WOuld this help under the circumstances?

Yes, but I want to hear from everyone what their vision capabilities are under this circumstance. If you're the only one that can see, then I'm going to describe everything with spoilers only for you.


Darkvision for 60 feet here if that matters, well and low light vision, but that shouldn't help in this situation.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |
Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
Sending the globe of light forward before him, he enters.

Arc has been using a Light cantrip almost the entire time. Also, LLV & DV.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince has darkvision to 120ft. Nature's Whispers means that he's incredibly attuned to threats in his environment (Cha to defense instead of Dex) which might make a flavour difference.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur has DV 60' and the Dancing Lights cantrip. However, Dagun (animal companion) and Amira (familiar) do not have DV.


Darkvision 60'


Bizan Ashura wrote:
Witch hexes are awesome. Bizan has murksight and darkvision. Murksight allows her to see through natural fog, mist, murky water, and rain without penalty and ignore concealment from these effects. WOuld this help under the circumstances?

Bizan Ashura:

The tunnel extends downwards several hundred feet. There appears to be several openings in the sides of the tube about one hundred feet below the entrance.


The Destined Attendant wrote:
Darkvision for 60 feet here if that matters, well and low light vision, but that shouldn't help in this situation.

The Destined Attendant:

The tunnel extends down into the depths, engulfed in darkness. No other entrances or exits are visible.


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
Sending the globe of light forward before him, he enters.
Arc has been using a Light cantrip almost the entire time. Also, LLV & DV.

Arc - Nightmare Dragon:

Light only extends 20 feet from what I can see -- correct me if I'm wrong.

The tunnel extends down into the depths, engulfed in darkness. No other entrances or exits are visible.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
The Unfettered Prince has darkvision to 120ft. Nature's Whispers means that he's incredibly attuned to threats in his environment (Cha to defense instead of Dex) which might make a flavour difference.

The Unfettered Prince:

The tunnel extends downwards several hundred feet. There appears to be several openings in the sides of the tube about one hundred feet below the entrance.


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
Eirikur has DV 60' and the Dancing Lights cantrip. However, Dagun (animal companion) and Amira (familiar) do not have DV.

Eirikur, Angel of Death:

The tunnel extends down into the depths, engulfed in darkness. No other entrances or exits are visible.


Cassius Mendel wrote:
Darkvision 60'

Cassius Mendel:

The tunnel extends down into the depths, engulfed in darkness. No other entrances or exits are visible.


As she catches up with the group the Destined Attendant peers into the darkness in the tunnel beyond the party. "Tunnels can lead to all sorts of interesting places. Shall we explore? That's why we all came down right?" Without waiting for a response the Destined Attendant begins to move further into the depths, watching for anything that comes into her range of vision which might be of interest.


"Let's do it before I run out of air."

Cassius is not really sure how much he can endure. Better said, he can't remember how much.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"There are tunnel openings a hundred feet down. Let us seek air there."

The Unfettered Prince is not worried, but surely must find air at some point. He swims ever downwards, seeking it.

Perception to spot air bubbles or reflections: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Survival to find clues of aeration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Knowledge Engineering to seek valves or similar to release air or open doors: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Mh yes there seem to be several openings. What makes you think there is air?

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Bizan begins to move towards the openings, looking for traps and other interesting finds.


As she swims, Kitchel thinks the closest she can come to out loud. "Well, my memory seems to be fuzzy about how I got here and details in general, but I seem to think that the civilizations I know of were all above ground, and made by air breathers. I guess there's no reason to think that applies here, but I think that so many of us being air breathers is evidence that there are probably plenty of people who build things who would need air. This tunnel had a hatch, so it seems likely it was artificial. As long as it was air breathers who built it they'd have air pockets scattered around somehow I'd think. Now, we just need to find evidence of who built the tunnel and we'll have a better idea of whether there will be air or not! Excellent! Everyone keep your eyes open for any evidence of what sort of people might have built these structures."

Perception for signs of the builders: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

While somewhat knowledgeable and fairly wise, The Destined Attendant is not so strong on ability to reason.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur and his companions descend into the depths, the Dancing Light Cantrip out in front of them for the sake of the beasts. Knowing nothing else, there is no reason NOT to investigate. Let's see what's down here!

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"There are tunnel openings a hundred feet down. Let us seek air there."

The Unfettered Prince is not worried, but surely must find air at some point. He swims ever downwards, seeking it.

[dice=Perception to spot air bubbles or reflections]1d20 +10

[dice=Survival to find clues of aeration]1d20 +5

[dice=Knowledge Engineering to seek valves or similar to release air or open doors]1d20 +12

The Unfettered Prince: Perception:

The fey-kin does not detect any air bubbles or reflections.

The Unfettered Prince: Survival:

The construction of the hatch and tunnel clearly indicate an environment that was once sealed to contain air, though it is currently completely water-logged.

The Unfettered Prince: Engineering:

There are no obvious sources of oxygen.

What do you mean by 'open doors'?


Bizan Ashura wrote:

Mh yes there seem to be several openings. What makes you think there is air?

[dice=Perception]1d20+11

Bizan begins to move towards the openings, looking for traps and other interesting finds.

Bizan Ashura: Perception:

Bizan Ashura detects no traps in the tunnel below.


The Destined Attendant wrote:

As she swims, Kitchel thinks the closest she can come to out loud. "Well, my memory seems to be fuzzy about how I got here and details in general, but I seem to think that the civilizations I know of were all above ground, and made by air breathers. I guess there's no reason to think that applies here, but I think that so many of us being air breathers is evidence that there are probably plenty of people who build things who would need air. This tunnel had a hatch, so it seems likely it was artificial. As long as it was air breathers who built it they'd have air pockets scattered around somehow I'd think. Now, we just need to find evidence of who built the tunnel and we'll have a better idea of whether there will be air or not! Excellent! Everyone keep your eyes open for any evidence of what sort of people might have built these structures."

[dice=Perception for signs of the builders]1d20 + 18

While somewhat knowledgeable and fairly wise, The Destined Attendant is not so strong on ability to reason.

What do you mean by 'signs' of the builders?


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:

Eirikur and his companions descend into the depths, the Dancing Light Cantrip out in front of them for the sake of the beasts. Knowing nothing else, there is no reason NOT to investigate. Let's see what's down here!

[dice=Perception] 1d20+12

Tell me what the Perception check is directed towards.


Sebecloki wrote:
The Destined Attendant wrote:

As she swims, Kitchel thinks the closest she can come to out loud. "Well, my memory seems to be fuzzy about how I got here and details in general, but I seem to think that the civilizations I know of were all above ground, and made by air breathers. I guess there's no reason to think that applies here, but I think that so many of us being air breathers is evidence that there are probably plenty of people who build things who would need air. This tunnel had a hatch, so it seems likely it was artificial. As long as it was air breathers who built it they'd have air pockets scattered around somehow I'd think. Now, we just need to find evidence of who built the tunnel and we'll have a better idea of whether there will be air or not! Excellent! Everyone keep your eyes open for any evidence of what sort of people might have built these structures."

[dice=Perception for signs of the builders]1d20 + 18

While somewhat knowledgeable and fairly wise, The Destined Attendant is not so strong on ability to reason.

What do you mean by 'signs' of the builders?

Any evidence of the ones that built these tunnels. There probably shouldn't be any, but that's what the Destined Attendant is looking for as she swims so that she can decide that there will or won't be air. Which is silly and clearly a worse use of time than just searching for air directly.


The Destined Attendant wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
The Destined Attendant wrote:

As she swims, Kitchel thinks the closest she can come to out loud. "Well, my memory seems to be fuzzy about how I got here and details in general, but I seem to think that the civilizations I know of were all above ground, and made by air breathers. I guess there's no reason to think that applies here, but I think that so many of us being air breathers is evidence that there are probably plenty of people who build things who would need air. This tunnel had a hatch, so it seems likely it was artificial. As long as it was air breathers who built it they'd have air pockets scattered around somehow I'd think. Now, we just need to find evidence of who built the tunnel and we'll have a better idea of whether there will be air or not! Excellent! Everyone keep your eyes open for any evidence of what sort of people might have built these structures."

[dice=Perception for signs of the builders]1d20 + 18

While somewhat knowledgeable and fairly wise, The Destined Attendant is not so strong on ability to reason.

What do you mean by 'signs' of the builders?
Any evidence of the ones that built these tunnels. There probably shouldn't be any, but that's what the Destined Attendant is looking for as she swims so that she can decide that there will or won't be air. Which is silly and clearly a worse use of time than just searching for air directly.

The Destined Attendant:

The age of the structure is indeterminate, which leads to some degree of uncertainty about its indication regarding the presumed architects of the complex. Indeed, the underlying alloy appears largely immaculate, even though it is obscured in many instances by a thick layer of oceanic slime or similar detritus. This peculiar collusion of observations makes it unclear if the structure is very old or prematurely concealed by nature. It is thus unclear if the builders are long departed or recently absent.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince casts his unseen eyes around him, gauging his surroundings.

"This area was clearly sealed to contain air, though this area is currently water-logged. I will turn back only if no air or magic is available soon to sustain me."

Sebecloki:

Any wheels to turn, levers to pull, switches, even a doorframe or hatch visible?


"Interesting. The evidence I see here indicates that the ones who built this structure, or the builders as I think we should call them for now, might be long since removed from the area or more recently departed. That ... doesn't help much yet. Perhaps the openings that some of you seem to have spotted might provide better clues!"

The Destined Attendant will continue to swim down, now looking for the openings that have been mentioned.


Cassius starts to look a bit worried. He doesn't know how much more he will be able to endure, and the place doesn't look small at all. If they don't find an air bubble soon, he might need to go back.

"How is everyone's air reserves? he asks, in an attempt to assess if he's the only one worried about it. He follows the rest down for now, wary about any sign of suffocation.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

More than a mortal's, but diminishing slowly.", the Unfettered Prince replies as he continues his own descent towards the openings.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Though breathing water feels unnatural, the Menagerie Keeper's kindness holds true. The scaled one continues onward, his excitement of discovery numbing the confusion of waking up with no memory.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV
Sebecloki wrote:
Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:

Eirikur and his companions descend into the depths, the Dancing Light Cantrip out in front of them for the sake of the beasts. Knowing nothing else, there is no reason NOT to investigate. Let's see what's down here!

[dice=Perception] 1d20+12

Tell me what the Perception check is directed towards.

Perception check is directed towards anything really, but to be specific the first priority would be looking for any signs of an airlock or transition space.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

So you claim you aren't mortal, horned one?

I can't see any traps or anything specific. Let's move to those hatches and see for ourselves.

She begins to move forward towards the hatches.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"It would take far longer than a mortal span of years to concern a scion of the Glorious Court. Though I admit to not recalling exactly how long my own span has stretched already. Little matter, I am still hale!", he finishes with cheer reverberating through his words.


Added a new link to the 'Maps and Images' tab entitled 'The Drowned City of Cle -- The Outer Vestibule'. Clicking on this should open a map with the cavern complex the group is entering. Their current position is the entrance tunnel in the upper left hand quarter. Everyone, let me know if you can't open the file or are confused about your position.

The opening some 100 feet below the entrance hatch appears to be the entry portal to a series of natural caverns.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

I'm sure about the position, but is there any indication of whether there is air in these caverns or not? And how many rounds has it been since diving?


Since this is a big issue, I feel like I should break the 4th wall here and just tell you straight up that, while there is an air-filled area deep in the complex, characters that can't breathe underwater for hours at a time are not going to be able to get to that point, or anywhere near it This dungeon is a location from the Into the Deep source book for Numenera, it's an entire underwater city, and is absolutely immense. This is something you'll have to deal with now somehow as a group.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

I just remembered something very important - Inspired Spell. :D

The Unfettered Prince pauses in his swimming.

"Hold a moment. I recall...I recall how to draw upon the energies I need to breath here! Whomever of ye also need air, I will share this with you also."

He will wait a moment for mental acknowledgement and replies, then temporarily heightens his already significant power for long enough.

At the end, he, and any who require it, can now partake of the water through their lungs.

Spend 1 use of mythic power to use Inspired Spell. Raise caster level to 2 and cast Water Breathing from the oracle spell list on the Unfettered Prince, and I believe Cassius. 16 hours of water breathing to spread around. Let me know if anyone needs/doesn't need it.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

raise caster level by 2, even. ;)


"What clever tricks you all have. It seems that I've fallen in with an interesting crowd indeed. I hope that our purposes stay aligned! I wonder if we chose to work together back when we could remember things, assuming we ever could." The Destined Attendant arrives at the entrance to the cavern complex and sticks her head in. "I wonder how big this cave system is and what makes its home there. Shall we push on and find out?"

With her long arms pulling her along the furry little explorer swims in and takes the first passage to the west, carefully looking around for anything interesting (or dangerous she supposes, though that would just be a different sort of interesting.)

Perception to spot something interesting: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Nice trick. I could provide you with the same abilityif needed. You think this is really a natural cave system? Why is it behind a hatch? I'm curious what lies hidden beneath.

As for our purposes, we yet know very little about each other and it seems mostly as little about ourselves. Something brought us together here, through time and space. I would be very surprised if that was just some sort of coincidence.


As she swims through the passage the Destined Attendant feels the stony walls. "It certainly seems to be natural, but you're right that the hatch clearly wasn't. Given that we could open it from the outside, maybe it was there to keep something in. If so, perhaps we'll manage to run across it and ask why, assuming it can communicate of course."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"I am glad to be in capable company. I do not know why I am here and not in the realm of the Court, but this is intriguing all the same!"

The Unfettered Prince looks around as he swims through the tunnels, to glean what he can.

Knowledge Dungeoneering to work out if natural: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Knowledge Engineering to see a design at woek: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Cassius receives the new air in his lungs with joy. "Whoever did this, I thank you. I am not fit for such an environment."

Having a look at the caverns, Cassius deducts this could be very small or totally endless.

"Do we want to explore all of this? How well are you lot fighting underwater?"


"What a good question. Let's see if I can tell!" The Destined Attendant halts her progress and begins to concentrate. As the others watch she grows until she almost fills the tunnel, her long arms now able to reach foes from a distance. She then finds a stance and lands a few practice blows on the wall beside her before releasing a series of quick punches which culminate in a cone of water down the tunnel to the west.

Standard Air Cannon Damage (B): 8d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6, 4, 3, 4, 6, 4) = 36

"Well, it won't be quite the same, or at least I assume it won't as I'm fuzzy on exactly how it normally works, but I think I should be able to manage."

Size focus to grow to large, sparing attacks at a wall, and then Air Cannon to the west in what would normally be a 40 foot cone. I'm not entirely sure what air cannon would do underwater (probably move water instead of air?), so here's the description. Assuming nothing happens after that she'll take a move action for focused breath to regain martial focus.

Air Cannon: You can make unarmed strikes with such force that it creates howling winds. As a standard action, you may expend your martial focus to create a cone of air. This deals bludgeoning damage equal to twice your base unarmed strike damage die to all creatures within a close range cone (25 ft. + 5 ft. per 2 base attack bonus).

51 to 100 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.