Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


701 to 741 of 741 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Android / Human - Augmented, Fortune-touched Gestalt Druid 9 / Arcanist 9, gestalt Archmage 3 / Hierophant 3

"Aerik Sult, of the Druidic Order of Harnessed Entropy," Aerik introduced himself politely, looking past the threshold with interest. It was reassuring to know that wherever one went in the world, however unsettling the people, there would always be places of mystery. The world was ancient beyond imagining and full of more wonders than one could see across many lifetimes of seeking.

"You are correct," he continued, "I arrived in town just yesterday, following the guidance of the spirits."


Aerik Sult wrote:

"Aerik Sult, of the Druidic Order of Harnessed Entropy," Aerik introduced himself politely, looking past the threshold with interest. It was reassuring to know that wherever one went in the world, however unsettling the people, there would always be places of mystery. The world was ancient beyond imagining and full of more wonders than one could see across many lifetimes of seeking.

"You are correct," he continued, "I arrived in town just yesterday, following the guidance of the spirits."

The strangely-garbed man currently blocking the entrance to the Conjugatorium frowns noticeably at this proffered explanation.

His bald head, now glistening slightly with perspiration, is covered by a distinctive, conical reed hat with an exceptionally wide brim. This large-brimmed head covering is firmly secured by a black ribbon tied below the man's chin, and the broad overhanging lip casts most of his face into shadow.

The man is dressed in a bright jade robe with a luxurious whiter-than white trim of some variety of fur, harvested from some species of native fauna whose identity is far from obvious.

The body of his garment is decorated with blue filigree in a series of elaborate geometric designs.

His shoes are a curious set of sandals with thick blocks of wood for soles.

"Well, I am brother Ismin of the Order of Truth, currently attached to the Amber Priory of the Navarenve Village of Halfstar, and, noble sir, I must tell you that I have never in my life heard aught of a "Druidic Order of Harnessed Entropy"."

His eyes narrow suspiciously, and his brows join in a deep furrow as Ismin inspects Aerik with focused interest,

"So, you'll no doubt understand my immense curiosity with regards to your person. Say, do you hail from some seldom visited Clave of the Beyond, far yonder eastwards over the distant ridge of the Black Riage Mountains? I have heard it said that the isolated communities of that region, absent the steadying guidance of the Amber Papacy found throughout the Nine Nations of the Steadfast, have been the fecund matrices for a bewildering assortment of convictions and philosophies."

Ismin filches noticeably at Aerik's reference to "the spirits."

"The guidance of the spirits you say?"

"That sounds suspiciously similar to the animist heresy of our inimical Gaian enemies from Lostrei. I would assume you wouldn't be so foolish as to have mentioned it were you in fact a native of that accursed and eternally benighted region, the sworn mortal enemies of all citizens of the Steadfast."

"I would advise greater caution in your future conversation with the inhabitants of this town. They might be less... understanding than one with my education."


Taendael Caliean wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:

You don't speak their language. You can currently only communicate telepathically with one another.

The girl shrieks and runs away.

The Unnamed elf watched the little girl run away, and was beginning to get frustrated.

Speaking telepathically to the dragon-man, the pointy-eared stranger said, This is getting ridiculous. Looking up, two large butterfly wings sprout from the Unnamed Elf's shoulderblades. I will try to get a better vantage point. The butterfly winged humanoid jumped into the air and flew straight up about 100 ft. in the air.
[dice=Perception]1d20 + 28

The coastal village is mostly arranged along one prominent street, which cuts through the center of the settlement. It appears to be raised above the surrounding earth to a height of perhaps three paces or more, requiring those who wish to use or cross it to ascend several steps up the artificial incline. It appears to be composed of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of starfish-shaped blocks of stone the hue of a sunset or lightly-tinctured rose. Of various sizes, between that of a fist and scarcely visible to the naked eye, these architectural units are locked together by their ingenious design, by which they meet, edge to edge, like the individual pieces of some gigantic puzzle.

The settlement appears to be constructed predominantly of lacquered wooden buildings. Many sport elaborate carvings. The roofs appear to be mostly made of thatch or slate tile.

In this relatively uniform arrangement, a few of the constructions stand out.

One is a 'T'-shaped building near the coast, and set along the main road. It appears to have multiple stories, and is decorated with exceptionally elaborate carvings. Several figures appear to be congregated at the main door of this building, which faces the primary thoroughfare cutting through the small town.

Directly across the street from the 'T'-shaped building is a stone structure, likewise with more than one level. It appears to be constructed of millions of rounded stones of various colors that are, like the road, of different sizes but somehow all fitted together ingeniously in a fashion which is difficult to comprehend. Some areas of the building's walls appear to undulate slightly. The roof is made of red metal slats fixed by protruding nails of bronze which seem both larger in dimension, as well as further protruded from the surface they are securing, than architectural necessity would ostensibly require.

Perhaps a half-dozen individuals are gathered at the entrance of the latter building, likewise facing the town's main thoroughfare, and apparently watching the proceedings across the street.


The Infinite Fool wrote:

"Twice I have asked, and twice you have avoided speaking plainly," speak/sings the dark-skinned man with the staff, lifting it, then striking the floor by his foot with the heel, once, then twice, then a third time. "Thrice I ask, and done, for your purposes beyond mere freedom and happiness. Are you one or many? Would your happiness be as an affliction upon others, a swarm that devours, or would you be peaceful, cooperative, or departing to vast distances?"

The Fool looks long at Sy'ad, then down at the form on the floor, the fluid gestures of his hand and arm becoming more angular, sharp, direct; the tones of his song, gone from inquiring to judging, are now iron and grim. "Understand that it is in my hand, not that of Cigar Thane Hadrama'aldramaan, that the future of your freedom now lies. You may continue to dissimulate if you wish; that may lead to more years of darkness and silence. But think on this -- you have also spoken of the atoll, the doorway to the forsaken corner of the Datasphere in which your consciousness is imprisoned ...

"... and where, entrapped, it might well be permanently destroyed. I have no need of the rewards you offer, of knowledge of previous worlds and this; should I wish such, I will find joy in the discovery, for more knowledge is gained during the journey than at the destination, and our fates and fires forged in thus. But the destruction of a horror and a torment is a journey worth traveling."

The others will see the Infinite Fool lift up the staff and roll it casually onto his shoulder, caught with absent competence right at the balance, seemingly at ease, but -- particularly to those with martial leanings -- primed to bring the staff into play with the slightest movement. "So. Going to answer the question?"

** spoiler omitted **...

The Infinite Fool:

::::I shall assuredly leave you and your kith and kin unworried and untroubled upon securing my release from my long prison, and I promise, in addition, that many a great boon may be secured for your health and fortune by means of your aid proffered to my long-awaited release.::::

The disembodied voice appears to sigh in a poignant mixture of sorrow and boredom,

::::I am the last of my kind, the sole remnant of a long vanished world. Upon my release, I hope to rekindle the life of my race in this strange new environs. Or at least pass on the wisdom of my people to a deserving successor...::::

::::If you assist in my release, I shall promise no ill upon you or your kith and kin, and many precious boons in recompense.::::

::::As of the present moment, neither you nor any of those here assembled are able to open the tome which contains the legacy of Hadrama'aldramaan. It will require knowledge of his life and deeds that has faded and been lost to the memory of the living, but which I, in my strange state of eternal half-life, still hold clear and plainly as if I had learned of it only yesterday. The answer to the many questions that will be required to unlock its secrets are to be had at my power, and require of the asking and promise to consider entering the Datasphere on my behest.::::


Male Elf-Human Hybrid|Wo/Vi 134/100 |AC: 31 (29 Tch, 22 Fl)| DR 5/good, cold iron, silver, magic |F: +23, R: +23, W: +20|Init: +16 |Resist acid, cold, and electricity 10 | Gestalt Godling (mighty)/Godling(Eldritch)/6th Gestalt Mythic Champion/Heirophant/3rd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Smite Good 1/day, +1 atk, +2 dmg|Perc: +28, SM: 22, Diplo +23

The elf flies down and lands; his wings disappearing into his back.
I believe we may be in luck, the pointy-eared stranger said telepathically. There is a settlement not too far away. I shall take us there. Hopefully someone there must know what is going on. Forgive my rough manner.
The unnamed elf took the dragon-man by his waist. The naked elf's butterfly wings sprout once more and both dragon-man and elf take flight, carrying both to the crowded entrance of the rounded stone building.
Setting the dragon-man down next to him, the butterfly-winged elf attempts to communicate with the huddled masses at the entrance.
Greetings. Do any of you speak telepathically?


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Infinite Fool, can you ask -or compel- the Spinner of Song to speak of the details of the life of Cigar Thane? Those are the keys to open this tome without tearing it to pieces."


Male Android / Human - Augmented, Fortune-touched Gestalt Druid 9 / Arcanist 9, gestalt Archmage 3 / Hierophant 3

"I shall take that advice to heart," Aerik said, his face reflecting his surprise and worry that so simple a thing might see him branded as the eternal foe of all things good in the world, "It would not do to be mistaken for such an enemy."

Even based on a brief conversation, he was not forming a favourable opinion of Ismin or the Order of Truth. It was a welcome distraction to see two people drop out of the sky across the way. If nothing else, it provided an opportunity to gather his thoughts while he glanced over at the commotion.


Male advanced half-celestial agile post-human unchained zen archer monk (master of many styles) 8//psychic (amnesiac) 8 (gestalt; wizard* VMC) // Champion 3 :: Trickster 3 Algn: Blue (Red/Green)

Hearing the Unfettered Prince's thought, the Infinite Fool tilts his head, then says-sings to the Spinner of Songs, "I shall return anon, with an answer from ... my companions." Which is a stretch of the truth to the point of transparency, but what can you do.

Turning, the Fool walks away from the Spinner's quasi-corpse, staff clicking on the floor and his face thoughtfully grim as he considers the offer on the table. "The Spinner of Songs," he tells the others via both verbal and mental forms, "has offered exactly that for which you ask -- details of Hadrama'aldramaan's life in exchange for us seriously considering entering the datasphere on her behalf, via a portal not too far distant. Doing so would be with the goal of retrieving her psyche from, using her words, a 'forsaken' part of the datasphere where it is 'sequestered'. Considering her body is there," and he gestures back towards the central expanse of Kyoonsha'rah, "and considering her evasiveness when I asked about her intentions should we reunite her mind and body and, in so doing, release her ..."

The Fool sighs, walking further to stand in the doorway, to look out at those watching them. "That man's naked," he observes with an abstracted tone, which sends Sy'ad into a fit of giggling. Giving a rueful smile, he shakes his head -- doesn't matter where or when you are, people are people, and thus just downright weird at times -- and turns back to the Unfettered Prince, Cal, and Arc. "Sorry. Honestly, I'm not sure if we can trust her. Is her psyche held in a data-prison, and if so, is it for a damn good reason? Or is she held far beyond the time of her sentence, forced into bondage and slavery as host and translator for both factions of the tehorumathalluamassamassa? I just don't know.

"She said she would seek to re-establish her people, and promises no ill upon my kith and kin -- which, strictly speaking, I have none of, making the promise an empty one -- but that's a lawyer's argument, and I'm not certain it's valid." He looks at the others, even Brother Ismin, the youth Giralt, and the newcomer Aerik. "Thoughts?"


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Should she turn on us, we end her. I think that should be incentive enough to keep her honest. I say we make this deal."


WP/VP 154/550 | AC 74/81;T 59/66; FF 63/70 | CMB: +23; CMD: 62/69 | Init +25/55 w/Major Aura; Go First | Fort: +52; Ref: +57; Will: +49/79 Fast Healing 9 | Immune to Acid, Charm, Cold, Compulsion, Electricity, Fear (including Supernatural Fear), and Fire | DR 6/Adamantine, Chaotic, and Piercing | Adrenaline Boost: 2 (2) | Minor Aura: Motivate Dexterity | Major Aura: Motivate AC +7

"Perhaps we'll find more info about why she is imprisoned near where she is imprisoned?"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

"Ending a life of slavery is a worthy cause, and, as the Prince suggests, it can be her choice as to whether we end only the slavery, or the life as well."


Male Android / Human - Augmented, Fortune-touched Gestalt Druid 9 / Arcanist 9, gestalt Archmage 3 / Hierophant 3

"No cage holds forever," Aerik observed, "Better, I think, to free the Spinner now and see what comes of it than to leave the situation to others to deal with further down the timestream."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince nods.

"Four voices for aye. Let us do this! How best may we find this sequestered data?"


Taendael Caliean wrote:

The elf flies down and lands; his wings disappearing into his back.

I believe we may be in luck, the pointy-eared stranger said telepathically. There is a settlement not too far away. I shall take us there. Hopefully someone there must know what is going on. Forgive my rough manner.
The unnamed elf took the dragon-man by his waist. The naked elf's butterfly wings sprout once more and both dragon-man and elf take flight, carrying both to the crowded entrance of the rounded stone building.
Setting the dragon-man down next to him, the butterfly-winged elf attempts to communicate with the huddled masses at the entrance.
Greetings. Do any of you speak telepathically?

The locals point demonstratively at the strange elf, but none replies to his mental communication. Whether this is due to their inability or unwillingness is, of course, not clear.

The small crowd outside the stone building is a mixture of about two dozen men, women, and children.

In terms of appearance, it is noticeable that most appear to have extremely dark hair, paired with green or purple eyes. This majority of the group also have slightly epicanthic eyes. Their skin is a tan of a slightly caramel shade. A few have dark freckles.

However, a small number have bright blonde or platinum hair with sparkling blue eyes which are so bright that they seem to almost project light from their rounded, non-epicanthic orbits.

The standard dress for the males appears to be a white linen undershirt with decorative ruffles with varying degrees of ornamentation. A few of these garments are further decorated with colored filigree. Each also wears a chasuble of a bright color such as red, purple, or blue which is also decorated to varying degrees. Their feet are fitted with leather boots, many of which are also dyed, that have prominent, curled toes.

The women are dressed in flowing tunics with metallic colors. These are secured with decorative broaches. They wear high, conical hats upon their heads. Many also have their hair gathered in a net or head covering.


Does no one want to finish figuring out how to open the book?


Male Elf-Human Hybrid|Wo/Vi 134/100 |AC: 31 (29 Tch, 22 Fl)| DR 5/good, cold iron, silver, magic |F: +23, R: +23, W: +20|Init: +16 |Resist acid, cold, and electricity 10 | Gestalt Godling (mighty)/Godling(Eldritch)/6th Gestalt Mythic Champion/Heirophant/3rd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Smite Good 1/day, +1 atk, +2 dmg|Perc: +28, SM: 22, Diplo +23

Hmm. It appears these people do not speak telepathically, the elf mentally communicates to the dragon-man, with a sigh. I guess I shall try my vocal languages.
The pointy-eared person attempts to speak Common, Elven, Sylvan, Celestial, Draconic, Halfling, Abyssal, Infernal, Aklo, and Giant to verbally communicate.
"Hello. Can you tell us where we are?" So the elf goes through all the languages he knows.
Looking at the difference in fashion between himself and who appear to be natives, the elf comes to a realization. "Oh. I'm naked. I hope that's alright. If not, may I have something to cover myself?"


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince is keen, as several others. We need to get the info out of the Singer though.


Male advanced half-celestial agile post-human unchained zen archer monk (master of many styles) 8//psychic (amnesiac) 8 (gestalt; wizard* VMC) // Champion 3 :: Trickster 3 Algn: Blue (Red/Green)

Sorry — had a procedure yesterday. Will post in a couple hours.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

No worries. Take care.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male advanced half-celestial agile post-human unchained zen archer monk (master of many styles) 8//psychic (amnesiac) 8 (gestalt; wizard* VMC) // Champion 3 :: Trickster 3 Algn: Blue (Red/Green)

The Infinite Fool considers the others’ opinions for a long moment, a thoughtful grimace on his face, but then he looks up at the brash and bold Unfettered Prince, and gives a firm nod to his urging. “All right,” he agrees, then turns and heads back towards the Spinner of Songs, gesturing for them — presumably all of them, even the caretaker/priest. “Come — bring the book with you.

Returning to the position at which he previously stood, the Fool strikes his staff on the floor, then again, then a third time once more, as if to call the attention of the spirit of the great insect. “Spinner,” he intones, “I have brought your request to the others. Now, as you promised, reveal to us the information of Cigar Thane’s life, so that we may open his tome.

The Infinite Fool will act as ‘telephone’ between the two, getting what the book seems to require from the other PCs, and relating the answers the Spinner gives back to them, so if you want to just give us the tale, and then have the opening of the book, that’d be cool and save time. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Infinite Fool wrote:

The Infinite Fool considers the others’ opinions for a long moment, a thoughtful grimace on his face, but then he looks up at the brash and bold Unfettered Prince, and gives a firm nod to his urging. “All right,” he agrees, then turns and heads back towards the Spinner of Songs, gesturing for them — presumably all of them, even the caretaker/priest. “Come — bring the book with you.

Returning to the position at which he previously stood, the Fool strikes his staff on the floor, then again, then a third time once more, as if to call the attention of the spirit of the great insect. “Spinner,” he intones, “I have brought your request to the others. Now, as you promised, reveal to us the information of Cigar Thane’s life, so that we may open his tome.

The Infinite Fool will act as ‘telephone’ between the two, getting what the book seems to require from the other PCs, and relating the answers the Spinner gives back to them, so if you want to just give us the tale, and then have the opening of the book, that’d be cool and save time. ;)

I'm going to have to add to this later, I just want to get SOMETHING posted to keep the rhythm up.

I'm just going to assume you ask all the right questions in a series of long posts, and not spend a month with back and forth questions (this is one of the thing's I've learned over the last couple of years PbP Dming, you have to not take the long way around sometimes).

The enigmatic being known as the Spinner of Song groans with a strangely feminine and mellifluous tone as she begins her expansive narrative of the life and times of the mysterious Cigar Thane, who was also apparently known as Hadrama'aldramaan in the distant days when he visited the settlement that would one day be named Halfstar.

Unknown perhaps to any other, least of all the current inhabitants of the village, Hadrama'aldramaan was a native of a cursed land to the west of the Steadfast known as the Red Land of Vralk.

This wasted region lies north of the strange circular mountain range on the edge of the Beyond known as the Clock of Kala, and represents a true threat to the Nine Nations of the Steadfast, an impending doom which is entirely unappreciated by the ignorant Aeon Priests of the Order of Truth, who instead prattle on ceaselessly regarding the supposed danger posed by the Lostrei animists to the north.

Vralk is inhabited by a hardened people who worship gods of blood that demand constant sacrifices. The natives of this terrible region survive, and always have, by tooth and nail and claw and knife.

Understandably, they have long sought a better life, and richer hunting grounds. Hadrama'aldramaan, an enterprising priest of the Red Gods of Vralk, resolved several hundred years past, at a date slightly preceding the official foundation of the Order of Truth, to leave the blasted regions of his upbringing, and seek his fortunes within the wider territories of the Ninth World.

Hadrama'aldramaan's true identity as a loyal disciple of the Red Gods was a secret which he kept well concealed from any who encountered him in his long sojourning. This is also the basis of his double nomenclature, for Hadrama'aldramaan was his given Vralkan name with which the priest increasingly dispensed during his tenure in the east.

His self-identification as a priest, and one interested in the numenera, which the inhabitants of Vralk wish to purpose for war, led to his miss-identification in subsequent historical memory as an early Aeon Priest.

Unbeknownst to those he encountered, Hadrama'aldramaan continued his savage propitiation of the Red Gods throughout his travels. Several old grave markers in the local burial grounds of Halfstaar still bear silent witness to the awful doings of the Vralkan priest during his journeys in the Steadfast.

Upon his arrival in the seaside village that would eventually be known as Halfstar, an occasion motivated by rumors of a mysterious oracle that could be found in a lonely seaside cave, the earnest acolyte of the Red Gods known as Hadrama'aldramaan had almost perfected his new guise as Cigar Thane, the humble seeker of truth, a traveler from an isolated clave of the Beyond.


WP/VP 154/550 | AC 74/81;T 59/66; FF 63/70 | CMB: +23; CMD: 62/69 | Init +25/55 w/Major Aura; Go First | Fort: +52; Ref: +57; Will: +49/79 Fast Healing 9 | Immune to Acid, Charm, Cold, Compulsion, Electricity, Fear (including Supernatural Fear), and Fire | DR 6/Adamantine, Chaotic, and Piercing | Adrenaline Boost: 2 (2) | Minor Aura: Motivate Dexterity | Major Aura: Motivate AC +7

"Let's see if that let's us open up the book." commented Cal.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Aye. This Hadrama'aldramaan has woven many lies and I feel up to unpicking the lot of them."

The Unfettered Prince makes to unlock the book, adjusting the dials with great precision now that he knows what positions will work.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"Aye. This Hadrama'aldramaan has woven many lies and I feel up to unpicking the lot of them."

The Unfettered Prince makes to unlock the book, adjusting the dials with great precision now that he knows what positions will work.

You can open the book now -- however, please note that this happens after the recitation of the narrative I'm still typing out. We can start to fill in the actions of the characters once they've cracked the book open, but I still have fluff I need to finish putting together.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

No problem. We can wait.


WP/VP 154/550 | AC 74/81;T 59/66; FF 63/70 | CMB: +23; CMD: 62/69 | Init +25/55 w/Major Aura; Go First | Fort: +52; Ref: +57; Will: +49/79 Fast Healing 9 | Immune to Acid, Charm, Cold, Compulsion, Electricity, Fear (including Supernatural Fear), and Fire | DR 6/Adamantine, Chaotic, and Piercing | Adrenaline Boost: 2 (2) | Minor Aura: Motivate Dexterity | Major Aura: Motivate AC +7

No worries man. Take your time!


The Spinner continues her story,

Hadrama'aldramaan was driven in his travels by an enigmatic reference he an unearthed with the depths of the mysterious volcanic ruin of this terrible homeland known as the Errow Cascade. The inscription spoke of a far off planet known as Perelande in which could be found a Ruin of Knowledge that enlightens all who venture into its shadows.

And so the priest of the Red Gods ceaselessly hunted any rumors of a means by which he might soar into the heavens to seek this great treasure under the far off skies of Perelande.

He found it, by my direction, in a cave beneath the sea cliffs yonder -- the vessel known as the Nightflyer. The strange object was worshiped by a community of the ape-like creatures known as the Lattimor. Needless to say, they were quite displeased when the strange traveler absconded with their dark god, never to return....


And so the Hadrama'aldramaan wandered the stars for many a long and terrible year, cold and alone and fearful within the shadow-ed confines of the Nightflyer, until at long last he alighted upon the strange skies of Perelande... and even I know not his final fate, simply that he reached what was purportedly the end of his quest.

But the Lattimor tribe that worshiped the strange vessel has never forgotten the offense of the strange visitor they refer to as 'the Deceiver' in their legends, and continue to nurse unto their twisted bosoms an intense hatred of the settlement from which this thief descended upon their subterranean home...


Sebecloki wrote:

And so the Hadrama'aldramaan wandered the stars for many a long and terrible year, cold and alone and fearful within the shadow-ed confines of the Nightflyer, until at long last he alighted upon the strange skies of Perelande... and even I know not his final fate, simply that he reached what was purportedly the end of his quest.

But the Lattimor tribe that worshiped the strange vessel has never forgotten the offense of the strange visitor they refer to as 'the Deceiver' in their legends, and continue to nurse unto their twisted bosoms an intense hatred of the settlement from which this thief descended upon their subterranean home...

The Aeon Priest Ismin gasps in shock at the revelations of the Spinner of Song.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince laughs loudly once the revelations cease flowing.

"This is too good! This mighty figure turns out to be a charlatan and a deceiver!"

The Prince then abruptly stops. Then speaks again in a more measured tone.

"Regardless, we have a tome to open and tracking to do."

The horned one continues fiddling with the dials in the prescribed manner.


WP/VP 154/550 | AC 74/81;T 59/66; FF 63/70 | CMB: +23; CMD: 62/69 | Init +25/55 w/Major Aura; Go First | Fort: +52; Ref: +57; Will: +49/79 Fast Healing 9 | Immune to Acid, Charm, Cold, Compulsion, Electricity, Fear (including Supernatural Fear), and Fire | DR 6/Adamantine, Chaotic, and Piercing | Adrenaline Boost: 2 (2) | Minor Aura: Motivate Dexterity | Major Aura: Motivate AC +7

"I believe it's the other character first...yes, that one."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"I believe that you are correct, Cal. A little more adjustment!"


Male Elf-Human Hybrid|Wo/Vi 134/100 |AC: 31 (29 Tch, 22 Fl)| DR 5/good, cold iron, silver, magic |F: +23, R: +23, W: +20|Init: +16 |Resist acid, cold, and electricity 10 | Gestalt Godling (mighty)/Godling(Eldritch)/6th Gestalt Mythic Champion/Heirophant/3rd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.|Smite Good 1/day, +1 atk, +2 dmg|Perc: +28, SM: 22, Diplo +23

Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (18) + 28 = 46
The naked elf obvious hears considerable movement from with the domicile. The unknown being will try to open the door.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"I believe that you are correct, Cal. A little more adjustment!"

Drawing upon the biographical information concerning the errant Red Priest of Vralk just furnished by the mysterious fossilized arachnid embedded in the impossibly ancient stone of Kyoonsha'rah, the Unfettered Prince now succeeds in opening the strange tome, revealing its mysterious to all those gathered.

Everyone who can learn languages can now speak the Truth, the common language of the Steadfast, as well as the tongue of Vralk, the Red Land.


WP/VP 154/550 | AC 74/81;T 59/66; FF 63/70 | CMB: +23; CMD: 62/69 | Init +25/55 w/Major Aura; Go First | Fort: +52; Ref: +57; Will: +49/79 Fast Healing 9 | Immune to Acid, Charm, Cold, Compulsion, Electricity, Fear (including Supernatural Fear), and Fire | DR 6/Adamantine, Chaotic, and Piercing | Adrenaline Boost: 2 (2) | Minor Aura: Motivate Dexterity | Major Aura: Motivate AC +7

"This language has an interesting predilection for the concept of truth. It has quite a few more synonyms for it than other languages I've learned." comments Cal as he studies the tome.


"Cal" wrote:
"This language has an interesting predilection for the concept of truth. It has quite a few more synonyms for it than other languages I've learned." comments Cal as he studies the tome.

Brother Ismin interjects,

"Ah, well, I guess that clears everything up then, since I can now understand your spoken, as opposed to simply mental communications."


Male advanced half-celestial agile post-human unchained zen archer monk (master of many styles) 8//psychic (amnesiac) 8 (gestalt; wizard* VMC) // Champion 3 :: Trickster 3 Algn: Blue (Red/Green)

"Oh, I don't know," the Fool says, skimming quickly through the book. "It's missing a few subtleties. 'Factual' ... might be one of them." He hands the book over to the next to peruse its contents, and steps back over to the Spinner of Songs.

"So much for the consideration. You will, undoubtedly, be pleased to find my companions an adventurous lot; they are willing to venture after your consciousness code. What gifts do you have for us, to ... enhance the possibility of our success?"


Male Android / Human - Augmented, Fortune-touched Gestalt Druid 9 / Arcanist 9, gestalt Archmage 3 / Hierophant 3

Aerik took an interest in the Aeon Priest's reaction to the tale. The revelation of Cigar Thane's true origins seemed to have hit him hard, but whether that talk of true threats had made an impression... well, time would tell. Not that a personal revelation was likely to change anything much overall, of course.

Personally, he thought pressing the Spinner for gifts might be pushing things a little, but he wasn't the one handling the negotiations.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince turns to the newcomer and speaks out loud:

"I believe I heard you introduce yourself as 'Aerik Sult'. I am the Unfettered Prince. Ah, it is refreshing to understand and be understood without planning it out beforehand!"


Male Android / Human - Augmented, Fortune-touched Gestalt Druid 9 / Arcanist 9, gestalt Archmage 3 / Hierophant 3

"I imagine so," Aerik said, following up with a question for the group, "Do you have any objections to my accompanying you? Having weighed in on the Spinner's fate, I feel a responsibility to see the matter through."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"I do not object."

701 to 741 of 741 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.