Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


201 to 250 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur looks over to Bizan and raises an eyebrow. Not necessarily the way I would have handled things, but what's done is done. Shall we join the convergence? He suits action to words, swinging himself aboard Dagun's back. Dagun begins walking out to the ship; when her paws hit the liquid, they stand firm on the surface, not slowing her in the slightest.


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
Eirikur looks over to Bizan and raises an eyebrow. Not necessarily the way I would have handled things, but what's done is done. Shall we join the convergence? He suits action to words, swinging himself aboard Dagun's back. Dagun begins walking out to the ship; when her paws hit the liquid, they stand firm on the surface, not slowing her in the slightest.

I guess everyone can go ahead and read the spoilers between the Destined Attendant and the octopuses if she's sharing it with everyone.


The Destined Attendant wrote:

The Destined Attendant does her best to project to both her companions as well as the figures on the vessel.

"Ha ha! We can talk both ways! Delightful! Hmmm, now what would make sense to say ... Oh, I know! My companions and I seems to have found ourselves in this place with no knowledge of how we got here. We would be happy to trade either the information we have already gained or, if you prefer, services you might need performed, in exchange for any information that you might have which would help us make heads or tails of why we are here at all."

"Actually, we'd be rather obliged if you'd remove your persons from these premises, as we were in fact just about to annihilate this pitiful settlement here, and you're currently in our way."

The Destined Attendant then observes the octopuses apparently conferring with one another in some fashion, as they head towards the center of the odd coral vessel and huddle, their tentacles embracing one another.

Some decision is then apparently reached, as one of the eight-legged creatures again reaches out mentally to the flying simian,

"The Queen's emissary graciously expressed a willingness to communicate with you and your fellows once the village and its inhabitants have been dispatched. This shouldn't take long."

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

What? Why are they going to annihilate the village? I think we can't let that happen, we need some answers from the villagers regarding our situation and the secret city underwater!


"Uh..." Cassius has a sudden headache. He always has when confronted with decision making situations. "What do we do now? We don't know anything about the villagers nor the octopuses. Either one could be right or wrong. We need to find out things from the villagers, but we still don't know how. The octopuses might know everything the villagers know, and possibly more, but we're not sure if they're willing to speak or eat us." Cassius is really caught between all his feelings. "Shall we toss a coin? Wait, do we even have a coin?"

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Bizan looks at Cassius, a bit disturbed.
I know what a coin is....they can be round, but some aren't.
She touches her body where normaly pockets would have been in her clothing, but there isn't much clothing, nor pockets.
I feel like i should have some coins at least. And pockets? Do you know what pockets are? You had that as well, didn't you?
Her face becomes a big questionmark.
Anyway, yes a difficult decision. I think octopus tastes better than those automatons, but then, i haven't really seen what's inside. Since we didn't talk to them at all yet. I'm unsure what to do either. Can you ask the octopi why they want to destroy them?


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur groans to himself. Of course we would have to get involved in someone else's conflict. Why can't things ever be simple?

Eirikur brings Dagun to a halt within shouting distance of the ship. Why do you come to destroy this place? By what authority do you act? He addresses the octopi, clearly putting himself between them and the settlement.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince continues his flight towards the ship.

His tone is now even more clearly that of someone used to power - and wielding it. And he directs his mindspeech at the vessel as he approaches.

The Queen's Emissary should clearly prioritise speaking with *us* first. Unless that village hides a foe of immense importance, its fate can wait. I would communicate *now* - with no delay.

Diplomacy to compel the octopi's attention: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince continues his flight towards the ship.

His tone is now even more clearly that of someone used to power - and wielding it. And he directs his mindspeech at the vessel as he approaches.

The Queen's Emissary should clearly prioritise speaking with *us* first. Unless that village hides a foe of immense importance, its fate can wait. I would communicate *now* - with no delay.

[dice=Diplomacy to compel the octopi's attention]1d20 + 16

That's honestly not very high for this situation, does anyone else have this ability, or the capacity to buff the Unfettered Prince's roll here?

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Bizan smirks at the Unfettered Princes speech.
What he means is we humbly ask to communicate with you first and delay the desctruction of the village. While we of course aknowledge your queens wishes, we ourselves have something at stake here and would investigate this first.

I can offer the fortune hex maybe to reroll and/or charm, if they are close enough and i can see them.


The Destined Attendant scratches her head at the latest communication.

No, that doesn't sound right. We needed to learn what that community knew about something. Letting these ones destroy it before we talk to them first doesn't work.

Before she has a chance to say anything more her companions offer all manner of options, so the shaggy flying figure waits to see what will happen.


One of the eight-legged cephalopods begins to rise slowly from the vessel, gradually coming to hover near the levitating simian.

It regards the Destined Attendant with a pair of bulbous, glassy orbs that appear, for all intensive purposes, to represent miniature black holes, yawning portals of unalloyed darkness leading to nothing,

The octopi's tendril begin to curl in hypnotic, spiraling arrangements,

"Well then, this is indeed a curious thing -- what concern exactly do you possess in yonder habitation?"

Its eyes narrow slightly in an expression that suggests equal parts focused inquisitiveness and intensive anger as it awaits the group's reply,


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince gives the impression of raising an eyebrow directed at Bizan's description of "humbly ask" but he does not interrupt, wishing to see how the octopi respond.

When the creature floats up, he makes sure that he approaches the spot as well, not wanting to be further away from it than any one of his companions.

He looks directly at the creature appraisingly.

Knowledge Engineering to assess any technology on it - or part of it: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Knowledge Nature to work out just how different this creature is from mundane octopi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

After leaving the creature's question hang in the air a moment, he replies:

"We seek answers. How we got to this place, and about these 'numenera'. For a start."

Diplomacy to eke out answers: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Sense Motive to judge reaction: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Bizan floats close to the octopus, her hair dividing in 8 different strands which seemingly possess a live of their own, reflecting the spiraling movement of the octopus tendrils.
As my companion stated, we search for information and something we already know to be in this village. The villagers themselves might possess this important knowledge and it urgently has to be retrieved before the village is eradicated.

She considers a moment.
We might actually have more in common than it seems. I reckon you live in the ocean and we might have discovered a threat in the bowels of this ocean. The village is connected and the probable path to conjure a solution to this thread. That certainly must be in your interests.

Kn:nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The Scaled One rises up into the air, unsure where this is headed, but alert for any threat.


Cassius makes no movement, but stands ready to step in in case the alien octopuses try to fulfill their word. "We're not letting them obliterate the place before we get what we're here for. Maybe even after." Then he shrugs. "That is, if we ever find out why are we here and what for."


"Hmmm, that's a good question. We're not really sure what we need to learn form the settlement. I imagine that given enough time we'd figure that out. That's probably a reason for us to need you not to obliterate it. As my companions say, how about we talk about what we know for now and leave the obliteration for later!"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince gives the impression of raising an eyebrow directed at Bizan's description of "humbly ask" but he does not interrupt, wishing to see how the octopi respond.

When the creature floats up, he makes sure that he approaches the spot as well, not wanting to be further away from it than any one of his companions.

He looks directly at the creature appraisingly.

[dice=Knowledge Engineering to assess any technology on it - or part of it]1d20 + 12

[dice=Knowledge Nature to work out just how different this creature is from mundane octopi]1d20 + 9

After leaving the creature's question hang in the air a moment, he replies:

"We seek answers. How we got to this place, and about these 'numenera'. For a start."

[dice=Diplomacy to eke out answers]1d20 + 16

[dice=Sense Motive to judge reaction]1d20 + 10

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Engineering):

Besides the biomechanical beast of burden on the deck of the coral vessel, as well as the transport itself, it seems like the octopuses are incredibly unarmed, or that their technology must be organic, and thus not visible.

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Nature):

They certainly appear to be octopi. Of course, they probably progressed in the last billion or so years...

The Unfettered Prince: Diplomacy:

The Unfettered Prince has the distinct sense that his entreaty has not proved to be especially persuasive to his eight-legged interlocutor.

The Unfettered Prince: Sense Motive:

Besides the fact that they don't seem to be won over, the attitude of the octopi is completely opaque.


Bizan Ashura wrote:

Bizan floats close to the octopus, her hair dividing in 8 different strands which seemingly possess a live of their own, reflecting the spiraling movement of the octopus tendrils.

As my companion stated, we search for information and something we already know to be in this village. The villagers themselves might possess this important knowledge and it urgently has to be retrieved before the village is eradicated.

She considers a moment.
We might actually have more in common than it seems. I reckon you live in the ocean and we might have discovered a threat in the bowels of this ocean. The village is connected and the probable path to conjure a solution to this thread. That certainly must be in your interests.

[dice=Kn:nature]1d20+8

Bizan Ashura: Knowledge (Nature):

She learns nothing useful


The voice of the cephalopod extends, once again, to all of the assembled amnesiacs,

"Hmmm... so curious. Well, we are also curious, luckily for you, as well as eager for some divertisement of unknown chance."

"Ergo, we shall be wiling to conduct a duel with a champion from amongst your party, set against a representative of our selves, to decide the fate of this hard body habitation upon which you have so decidedly, and unaccountably, set yourselves."

"Should we prevail, we will continue along our path, and you will collectively become the possessions of our people, and if our champion is defeated, we shall answer your questions and spare, for the moment, the town of Halfstar."

Depending on your replies, I'll explain the rules of the duel. Go ahead and select someone if we're going in that direction.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

To his companions:

It seems we risk more than they do under such terms, and yet, I am inclined to test myself against such arrogance. Thoughts?


"A duel to get our questions answered? That could save some time! Now, how to pick a champion. I know that I'd like a chance to see what I'm capable of here and I imagine that I'm not the only one. Shall we draw lots?"


"Well, we really don't know what are they capable of, in terms of dealing and withstanding." Cassius thoughts seem legit worried. "Does any of you have a plan?"


"Of course! We'll win this duel and learn new things! It's a great plan!"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The scaled one's chuckle can be heard in his response. I like your enthusiasm.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Enthusiasm is good, I agree. The real question is what is most likely to get us what we want... And whether they will abide by the rules they set.

Eirikur has Favored Enemy (Monstrous Humanoids) +4, which would certainly help in a battle if applicable; but there does not appear to be any overwhelming advantage to him being the challenger from our group. He can also buff someone else with almost anything useful level 3 and below, so there's that for consideration.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

From what I already recall, I know that I would put up a great fight. But I am also curious to see any of you tested. That said, I volunteer!

The Unfettered Prince has lots of smite and can boost a melee weapon if he can get his hands on one. But also a fine buffer (not least a CL 10 Stoneskin available).


I'm a selfish buffer who wouldn't be able to help anyone else, but on the other hand I'm specifically built for unarmed combat and can combine the damage from all my attacks to avoid DR which I think will matter in this combat system. I don't know if we need to worry about will saves given the obviously psychic nature of the opponents here. I'm no slouch there at +11, but if it's a main concern we might have better options. I'm also fine if everyone who is interested in being the one who fights rolls a d20 and highest gets to do it. We all built cool characters for this sort of thing.


The furry, flying creature that is the Destined Attendant nods as both his large horned companion and the draconic humanoid seem eager to duel as well. With a huddle she introduces them to a simple game of chance to determine who will have the first shot at demonstrating their martial prowess. A short time later it is the scaled one who emerges with the right to fight of the three.

"Well, unless anyone else would like to challenge this one for the duel it looks like they'll be our champion for now. I trust that we'll all chip in what we can to help!" Despite losing, the Destined Attendant doesn't look too disappointed, but instead continues to stare around at the new sights, taking in the novelty and waiting to see what happens next.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince adds with no rancour:

"Of course. Any who represent us must be on top of their game."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The scaled one stretches his limbs as he nods gratefully to his companions. It seems that a decision is made. What are the rules of such a contest?

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Mh i could tamper with their abilities...and conjure a weapon. What would you prefer? I myself prefer to fight without a weapon mostly, i have my own means and can certainly hold myself in a fight.
Bizan gives a wicked fanged smile.

I can use hexes and spells, mostly debuffing, but also a little buffing. Could also fight as well :D


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirkur nods to the Scaled One. What would be helpful to you? I have a few tricks up my sleeve, but there is a deeper well from which I feel I could pull almost anything you could want. Perhaps some more speed would be useful? Basically I can trade a mythic point for almost anything off the Wizard spell list, 3rd level or lower. Haste is a nice go-to if there isn't anything more beneficial.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Surely, that will be useful and appreciated.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"For a start, have armour of stone.", the Unfettered Prince declares as he briefly grips the Scaled One on the right shoulder. Immediately, a thin layer of flexible stone spreads across scales.

Stoneskin 1/day SLA at CL 10. Which I believe converts to DR 10/- for 100 minutes, unless it adds to existing DR 14/magic

The Unfettered Prince can cast any oracle spell of up to 3rd level for a mythic point, the divine equivalent

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

I could try to mentally control the octopus. What i'm really hoping for here though is a nice and manly wrestling match with naked skin, muscles and tentacles. Who knows where those tentacles will go? Should be a spectacle!


Bizan Ashura wrote:
I could try to mentally control the octopus. What i'm really hoping for here though is a nice and manly wrestling match with naked skin, muscles and tentacles. Who knows where those tentacles will go? Should be a spectacle!

I'm just going to tell you straight up there's no chance of that working -- the octopuses are some of the strongest psionic powers in the Ninth World, and they have Epic Level characters who can be contacted to break any effect you might try to impose on their champion, and then they'll be peezed with you for trying to 'cheat'.


Arc - The Nightmare Dragon can go ahead and roll Initiative. Everyone else can decide what buffs they're giving him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

I will be throwing out a Haste, as soon as combat "starts". At round/level, we want Arc to have as much benefit from it as we can, rather than waste rounds while octopus guy/gal postures..

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Well lucky you.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

With the Scaled One entering the duel, the Unfettered Prince sees it worthwhile to grant him additional protection for his mind and body, given the "character" displayed by these octopi.

Protection from Black, for 6 minutes from Black-aligned creatures. One use of 3/day SLA.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

If I can pre-buff myself also, Fast Healing 2 and Touch of Joy. If not, never mind.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Caressing over the scales, Bizan mumbles something.
I can offer mage armor, displacement and heroism maybe?

Go and be my champion little dragon! Bring us luck and success!


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
If I can pre-buff myself also, Fast Healing 2 and Touch of Joy. If not, never mind.

You can pre-buff.


"My gifts send to be mostly oriented towards my self. I wonder why is that. Anyway, I think I can add my small grain of salt."

Not much I can do other than Aid, which grants +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves Vs fear, and 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 temporary hp.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

As the battlefield in miniature arranges itself, Eirikur summons his power and then pushes it forward, onto the scaled one before him.

Haste:
Haste: +1 to attacks and +1 dodge to AC/Reflex saves, one more attack per round, and +30' enhancement to speed. Cast using Wild Arcana and spending 1 ki point for Arcane Arts, giving a CL of 12 for 12 rounds.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Loaded for bear.

Stoneskin(100 min): DR 10/-
Heroism(60 min): +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks
Pro-black(6 min): +2 saves & +2 AC versus black
Aid(4min): 11 temp vigor
Fast Healing(4 min): 2
Haste(12 rounds): +1 to attacks and +1 dodge to AC/Reflex saves, one more attack per round, and +30' enhancement to speed
Displacement(6 rounds): 50% concealment
Touch of Joy(2 rounds): roll a d20, roll twice and take the more favorable result


The Destined Attendant watches all her companions provide benefits to the Draconic being and whistles in appreciation. "I can only hope that their champion will make this an interesting fight. Maybe they'll be willing to do a second round!"

Perception to notice any actions not above the board on the part of the psychic octopuses.: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


The voice of the octopuses' representative issues forth confidently to the motley band of amnesiacs,

"Very well, Yufrenics' attache Essox will represent our expedition in melee with the champion you have selected from among your number."

A large, purple octopus whose body is covered with peculiar spines, resembling those of a sea urchin, levitates from the deck of the cephalopods' coral vessel.

The octopus' negotiator, whose name is still unidentified, makes a sweeping, ritualistic gesture with one of his eight inhumanly dexterous appendages. This action is speedily accompanied by the creation of what looks like a small whirl pool that levitates in the air between the octopuses and those that would stand in defense of the threatened village of Halfstar.

Within the whirlpool, there appears to be an oceanic cavern filled with dark water.

Suddenly, copies of both Arc and the octopus the speaker referred to as 'Essox' are materialized into the confines of this mysterious eddy in the sea air. Each stands on one side of the craggy arena.

201 to 250 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.