Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


101 to 150 of 741 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
The Unfettered Prince has darkvision to 120ft. Nature's Whispers means that he's incredibly attuned to threats in his environment (Cha to defense instead of Dex) which might make a flavour difference.

The Unfettered Prince: Nature's Whisper:

Suddenly, without warning, an uneasy premonition descends upon the amnesiac fey. Jarring, seemingly disconnected images of strange squamous entities flash before the unsettled mind of the Unfettered Prince.

In his mind's eye, he can make out what appear to be brief glimpses of a vast city of metal, glass, and electricity, peopled by humanoids of uncertain appearance. These suddenly begin to transform into disgusting tentacled abominations.

Then, as quickly as the disturbing impressions emerged, they fade again, and the attention of the Unfettered Prince returns to its previous calm.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"I am glad to be in capable company. I do not know why I am here and not in the realm of the Court, but this is intriguing all the same!"

The Unfettered Prince looks around as he swims through the tunnels, to glean what he can.

[dice=Knowledge Dungeoneering to work out if natural]1d20 +9

[dice=Knowledge Engineering to see a design at woek]1d20 +12

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Dungeoneering):

The tunnels, though jagged were evidently carved, or at least considerably widened, by some kind of boring apparatus.

I'm not sure what your question is with the second knowledge check.


The Destined Attendant wrote:

"What clever tricks you all have. It seems that I've fallen in with an interesting crowd indeed. I hope that our purposes stay aligned! I wonder if we chose to work together back when we could remember things, assuming we ever could." The Destined Attendant arrives at the entrance to the cavern complex and sticks her head in. "I wonder how big this cave system is and what makes its home there. Shall we push on and find out?"

With her long arms pulling her along the furry little explorer swims in and takes the first passage to the west, carefully looking around for anything interesting (or dangerous she supposes, though that would just be a different sort of interesting.)

[dice=Perception to spot something interesting]1d20 + 18

The Destined Attendant:

There appears to be a thick trail of slime on the floor, as if someone, or something, left a trail of viscous ichor as it moved through this subterranean aperture.


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:

Eirikur and his companions descend into the depths, the Dancing Light Cantrip out in front of them for the sake of the beasts. Knowing nothing else, there is no reason NOT to investigate. Let's see what's down here!

[dice=Perception] 1d20+12

Tell me what the Perception check is directed towards.
Perception check is directed towards anything really, but to be specific the first priority would be looking for any signs of an airlock or transition space.

We've figured out the air-breathing question now, I think, so is there anything else you wanted to look for?


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison
Cassius Mendel wrote:

Cassius receives the new air in his lungs with joy. "Whoever did this, I thank you. I am not fit for such an environment."

Having a look at the caverns, Cassius deducts this could be very small or totally endless.

"Do we want to explore all of this? How well are you lot fighting underwater?"

"It was through my power this time, but several of our companions can match that feat. And my fists and magic both move well."

To emphasise this point, the Unfettered Prince's right hand balls into a fist - and rasps across the nearest stone. Much of the force is lost, but some stone is yet pulverised.

Unarmed Power Attack: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

"Hmmm. My aim needs work. Haha!"

The Destined Attendant wrote:

"What a good question. Let's see if I can tell!" The Destined Attendant halts her progress and begins to concentrate. As the others watch she grows until she almost fills the tunnel, her long arms now able to reach foes from a distance. She then finds a stance and lands a few practice blows on the wall beside her before releasing a series of quick punches which culminate in a cone of water down the tunnel to the west.

"Well, it won't be quite the same, or at least I assume it won't as I'm fuzzy on exactly how it normally works, but I think I should be able to manage."

The horned figure stops to watch the now not-so-small creature's pummeling of the wall. It reminds him of something...

The Unfettered Prince suddenly clutches his head, swearing through the mind speech. And then is calm again.

"Visions. I have had unexpected visions before, I know it! I just saw a vast city of metal, glass, and electricity. Humanoids of uncertain appearance. And they transformed...into abominations with tentacles. I must know more, and I have ways to do so!"

He looks at the stone.

"It takes some time though, and I can only speak with stone for so long afterwards. I say that we find stone in a crossroads or a well-traveled area so that I may query it. Or...or, I could enter a brutal trance. I will either be able to commune with the divine - or go briefly mad and flail wildly. There is no way to be certain. If we do not find answers soon, I may use either."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison
Sebecloki wrote:
I'm not sure what your question is with the second knowledge check.

To phrase it another way, do the caverns seem planned in their layout or structure? Not necessarily worked stone, but say if stone shape was used to cunningly engineer a maze, that sort of thing.


"I don't think we need to put our mental health to risk, at least not yet" Cassius thinks. "There seems to be a lot to explore, and maybe somewhere here we could find answers. Though I'm not sure we'll like them."


"Well, there's a thick trail of slime here that something probably left as it passed by. We could follow that. It might lead to some answers. Slimy answers. Maybe the sort with tentacles, as those don't seem a bad fit with slime." As the Destined Attendant points out the trail, she shrinks back down to her former size, allowing everyone to see more easily.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Halehorn, that's seems like a good nickname for you. Are you saying you had a vision which depicted this place as a formerly prosperous city above sea level with humanoids which then transformed into tentacled beings?

Let's follow that trail then, it's the best lead so far. Nothing here makes sense. I can't understand why we are so far away from any civilization. Perhaps there is none anymore. Who knows how many millenia have passed.

There's this topic of underwater combat, which we are probably not prepared for at all. And it might be a good idea to have longer discussion or posts which are mainly ooc in the discussion thread^^


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

I do believe I can manage underwater as well... We shall find out if we run into anything untoward. For my companions... It seems apparent that of the two, one is proficient at dealing damage and the other proficient at running from it!

As Eirikur looks around, he notes that the party seems ready to explore. A caution! Do we have some means of marking our path, or forming a map? Caverns are bad enough when dry; underwater we could be lost for eternity, or until this strange power of ours gives out.

He has nothing on him which could keep track of the cavern system, and is unsure of a method which might permanently mark the walls / floors of the caverns.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
I'm not sure what your question is with the second knowledge check.
To phrase it another way, do the caverns seem planned in their layout or structure? Not necessarily worked stone, but say if stone shape was used to cunningly engineer a maze, that sort of thing.

They appear to be something like mines or a slightly enlarged natural den.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Perhaps we can scratch the surface in some way, leave marks and pointers from where we came and where we went. Of course everything would see those. Since we are all nearly naked i doubt anyone has much equipment on their person.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince muses out loud.

"I doubt I would have ventured to this place with little memory willingly. I imagine that a rival in the Glorious Court arranged at least my part. But who would do the same to you all - and why? As for worries, I feel less connected to the divine here. I may not be able to enter a trance just yet. That said, I had that vision, aye."

He is amused at the nickname.

"Names such as that does not offend me. I will remember my own or name myself anew in good time. These tunnels, they are either mines or an enlarged den."

When the small creature points out the slime trail, he stops swimming.

"Now, we know that we are not alone. I will commune with the stone here before swimming into a trap!"

Once again, the Court scion draws upon the strange powers he has inherited.

Stone Tell as a spell-like ability, as CL 10. Either a standard action or 10 minutes.


The Destined Attendant thinks about the problem of marking where they've been for a bit while he watches Halehorn begin some sort of ritual. "I think I could probably punch some holes in the wall as we go, but that wouldn't be particularly subtle. Hmm ..."


"Let's have a look before we start breaking things. If we don't like what we see, there was a beach there we can explore as well. Out of the water, with air and all that."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince muses out loud.

"I doubt I would have ventured to this place with little memory willingly. I imagine that a rival in the Glorious Court arranged at least my part. But who would do the same to you all - and why? As for worries, I feel less connected to the divine here. I may not be able to enter a trance just yet. That said, I had that vision, aye."

He is amused at the nickname.

"Names such as that does not offend me. I will remember my own or name myself anew in good time. These tunnels, they are either mines or an enlarged den."

When the small creature points out the slime trail, he stops swimming.

"Now, we know that we are not alone. I will commune with the stone here before swimming into a trap!"

Once again, the Court scion draws upon the strange powers he has inherited.

Stone Tell as a spell-like ability, as CL 10. Either a standard action or 10 minutes.

My reading of Stone Tell is that you have to ask specific questions, and then the rock will respond, so go ahead and I will have it reply to your queries.

I presume everyone else is holding on while the Unfettered Prince is collecting more information?


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Certainly, but it needs to be cast before the questions begin. I was just wondering how long that part takes and should have added the words "to cast." to the last sentence of my prior post.

After a time, the Unfettered Prince looks at the stone underneath and around the slime trail.

And he starts to speak out loud, in a tongue that he uses out of habit when speaking with stone. For the sake of his companions - and to prevent repeating himself overly much - he echos his questions and the replies of the stone through the mind-speech.

He speaks out loud in Terran, as spoken by earth magic wielders in the great land of Antak, the territory ruled by the Glorious Court.

"What is the name of the city that was built near here?"

"Who dwelled there?"

"Who dwell there now?"

"What manner of creature left that slime trail upon you?"

"How long ago did it pass?"

"What or whom created these tunnels?"

"And why?"


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

I too am interested in what the Horned One finds out. Not that I can understand a word he's saying...

Eirikur looks around in curiosity at the tunnels, and the slime. He stays well back from actually touching it however.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

Certainly, but it needs to be cast before the questions begin. I was just wondering how long that part takes and should have added the words "to cast." to the last sentence of my prior post.

After a time, the Unfettered Prince looks at the stone underneath and around the slime trail.

And he starts to speak out loud, in a tongue that he uses out of habit when speaking with stone. For the sake of his companions - and to prevent repeating himself overly much - he echos his questions and the replies of the stone through the mind-speech.

He speaks out loud in Terran, as spoken by earth magic wielders in the great land of Antak, the territory ruled by the Glorious Court.

"What is the name of the city that was built near here?"

"Who dwelled there?"

"Who dwell there now?"

"What manner of creature left that slime trail upon you?"

"How long ago did it pass?"

"What or whom created these tunnels?"

"And why?"

The Unfettered Prince: Stone Tell:
The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"What is the name of the city that was built near here?"

"The name of the city was Cle."

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"Who dwelled there?"

"A race of highly intelligent and technologically-advanced humanoid entities known as 'cleoids'."

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"Who dwell there now?"

"The same creatures still inhabit its halls."

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"What manner of creature left that slime trail upon you?"

"A bestial servant of the cleoids."

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"How long ago did it pass?"

"Recently."

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"What or whom created these tunnels?"

"The cleoids created these tunnels."

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"And why?"

"The caverns in the access shaft to the city are filled with desirable psychic crystals. These natural caverns were enlarged to extract the crystals."

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Bizan watches curiously as the big guy with the helmet begins to emit bubbles of air from his mouth and she faintly hears something resembling a language unknown to her. It could be just incoherent noises, but he seems to concentrate on the wall.

Only the voice she hears in her head keeps her from laughing. It seems to be some kind of powerful magic she didn't encounter yet.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince repeats both his questions and the answers he receives from the very stone, all through the mind speech.


"What is the name of the city that was built near here?"

"The name of the city was Cle."

"Who dwelled there?"

"A race of highly intelligent and technologically-advanced humanoid entities known as 'cleoids'."

"Who dwell there now?"

"The same creatures still inhabit its halls."

"What manner of creature left that slime trail upon you?"

"A bestial servant of the cleoids."

"How long ago did it pass?"

"Recently."

"What or whom created these tunnels?"

"The cleoids created these tunnels."

"And why?"

"The caverns in the access shaft to the city are filled with desirable psychic crystals. These natural caverns were enlarged to extract the crystals."

The horned figure continues speaking in Terran - and mindspeech:

"Do the cleoids still dwell in that city? Or did they change into something else?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince repeats both his questions and the answers he receives from the very stone, all through the mind speech.


"What is the name of the city that was built near here?"

"The name of the city was Cle."

"Who dwelled there?"

"A race of highly intelligent and technologically-advanced humanoid entities known as 'cleoids'."

"Who dwell there now?"

"The same creatures still inhabit its halls."

"What manner of creature left that slime trail upon you?"

"A bestial servant of the cleoids."

"How long ago did it pass?"

"Recently."

"What or whom created these tunnels?"

"The cleoids created these tunnels."

"And why?"

"The caverns in the access shaft to the city are filled with desirable psychic crystals. These natural caverns were enlarged to extract the crystals."

The horned figure continues speaking in Terran - and mindspeech:

"Do the cleoids still dwell in that city? Or did they change into something else?"

The Unfettered Prince: Stone Tell:

I forgot to clarify something above regarding one of the previous questions.

Quote:

"Who dwelled there?"

"A race of highly intelligent and technologically-advanced humanoid entities known as 'cleoids'."

"The original name of the creatures is composed of millions of syllables, most of which cannot be recreated by any presently living species. However, they have been endowed with the name "cleoids" by the Aeon priests that have been investigating the ruins. They derived this name from their researches in the moldering archives of the nearby archaeological site which they have designated as the 'Unknown Temple'."

Quote:
"Do the cleoids still dwell in that city? Or did they change into something else?"

"They are still here. However, they do not possess the same form as that which they wore before the destruction of their city."


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur listens with interest. Who is this fellow, who gets answers from the stone? A most useful talent, to be sure...

It sounds as though these ... Cleoids... have regressed from where they were when they built these caverns. We should be prepared for violence, but I for one would like to refrain from initiating violent action unless there is no other choice.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince continues relaying his questions and answers.


"The original name of the creatures is composed of millions of syllables, most of which cannot be recreated by any presently living species. However, they have been endowed with the name "cleoids" by the Aeon priests that have been investigating the ruins. They derived this name from their researches in the moldering archives of the nearby archaeological site which they have designated as the 'Unknown Temple'."

"Do the cleoids still dwell in that city? Or did they change into something else?"

"They are still here. However, they do not possess the same form as that which they wore before the destruction of their city."

The horned figure then asks a question of the group.

"Are there other questions you would like me to ask? I have many minutes in which to continue speaking with stone this day."


"Perhaps the stones can tell us how the cleoids interact with those who enter their domain. Or if there are signs we could use to show that we are here to explore rather than to cause violence."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Nodding after hearing Eirikur and the Furred One, the Unfettered Prince asks another question of the stone.

"How do the cleoids act when outsiders enter their realm? Are they violent? And how can we speak with them?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

Nodding after hearing Eirikur and the Furred One, the Unfettered Prince asks another question of the stone.

"How do the cleoids act when outsiders enter their realm? Are they violent? And how can we speak with them?"

If you've decided to share all the information you obtain from Stone Speak with the group, there's no reason for me to keep putting everything in spoilers, so I'm going to stop until you signal you might want to hold something back.

"The cleoids are inimically hostile to outsiders. They seek to possess the bodies of interlopers within their domain in order to obtain physical vessels by which they might return to the world. This possession is a violent act, forcibly wresting a creature's body from its own control, and instigating significant and irreversible biophysiological alterations in the unfortunate host. The cleoids can be addressed through their hosts."

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

I hate being possessed and this sounds even worse than the usual act. Is there any way we can protect ourselves against it? Are they still humanoid or are they ghosts?


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur listens closely to the most recents round of information, and then "speaks" up again. Upon reflection of this new information, I withdraw any moral reticence in attacking first. Violence sounds like the best defense, in this case...I also do not care to be possessed.


"Well now, this is most interesting. I wonder if beings who have been forced out of their physical beings might have done any studies that would give information relating to whatever displacement we've all apparently suffered. That would be a reason to try to track them down and either communicate, or at least gain access to however they record knowledge."

The small, furry creature looks at the trail of slime and the rocky tunnels in the murky depths. "On the other hand, we don't have a reason to think that they would be the only source of such information, not having done a survey of this place beyond diving down here. I can't say that I particularly relish the idea of conflict with beings that will by default attempt to wrest control of my body from me in an environment that know far better than we do and that they will use to their advantage. How committed are we to exploring the remnants of Cle now instead of seeing what our other, topside options might be?"


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Yes, the Unfettered Prince isn't holding back any information here.

He speaks and thinks.

"Who are these Aeon Priests? And how do they defend themselves against the Cleoids?"

"Did the Aeon Priests say how far away they came from? Did they speak of great distances?"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

And is there a place of air where we might rest if need arises?


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince relays the Scaled One's request.

"Where can we find pockets of breathable air in this place?"


Cassius listens carefully to all what the horned one says the rock is telling him, and to what the others ask him to ask. The news about the beings trying to possess them are, well... not really good news. He starts to think maybe exploring the strand up there might be a better idea...

"We can always have a look elsewhere and come back with a plan."

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

I wonder if this is the same world where i was before. I have faint memories of things, but most details are vague. I never heard of Cleoids or Aeon Priests before, not do i recognize the landscape at all. How much time has passed since..i was? Nevertheless i believe we were placed in the water near that entrance for a reason. Probably. Of any of this makes sense.

Ask the wall if there are others than the Cleoids and wether their victims can be set free or not. And if the Cleoids protect some sort of secrets or hidden knowledge. Perhaps even they brought us here? You could actually have talked to the ground where we appeared and asked how we got there!


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince, for now, is content to relay questions and answers.

"Are there others here besides the Cleoids? How can their victims be freed? And what secrets are the Cleoids rumoured to hold tight?"

In between questions and answers, he states to the others:

"Aye, we could leave. But we should probe some bit further, see if we cannot seize a cleoid off-guard and make it speak its secrets. And as for the sea-bed above, I can speak with that tomorrow, so no need for complaint!", he adds with a chuckle.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

Yes, the Unfettered Prince isn't holding back any information here.

He speaks and thinks.

"Who are these Aeon Priests? And how do they defend themselves against the Cleoids?"

"Aeon Priests are the clergy of the Order of Truth, but existed before the foundation of the organization by Calaval."

"In the Steadfast, the Aeon Priests have a hierarchy headed by the Amber Pope."

"Aeon Priests of the Beyond are not linked by any kind of organized network. They do not answer to the Amber Pope. Instead, they dwell in sequestered claves. Around these claves, small villages and communities known as aldeia have arisen. Each clave has discovered and mastered various bits of numenera, giving every aldeia its own distinct identity. In one, the inhabitants might raise unique bio-engineered beasts for food. In another, people may pilot gravity-defying gliders and race along the rooftops of ancient ruins. In still another aldeia, the priests in the clave may have developed the means to stop aging almost entirely, making the residents immortal and willing to sell their secret–for an incredibly high price. Because the villages are remote and separated by dangerous distances, trade of these discoveries is occasional and haphazard."

Quote:
"Did the Aeon Priests say how far away they came from? Did they speak of great distances?"

"An Aeon Priest named Darnet found Cle. He is from the nearby village of Halfstar. Darnet and his exploration team discovered that disturbingly appalling creatures lurked in the ruined, partly drowned chambers. On the other hand, they also discovered a trove of cyphers and artifacts that had miraculous life-sustaining abilities."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince relays the Scaled One's request.

"Where can we find pockets of breathable air in this place?"

"Yes, the power station. This area exists within a bubble of trapped, breathable air. A central synth mechanism extends into both the floor and the ceiling. The mechanism pulses with ancient energy, the residue of the power that once fueled an entire city. It is the source for lighting that still casts red glows across the courtyard and along the central road. It also enables the same breath-enabling, pressure-equalizing quality as that possessed by the invisible corridors."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince, for now, is content to relay questions and answers.

"Are there others here besides the Cleoids? How can their victims be freed? And what secrets are the Cleoids rumoured to hold tight?"

Yes, the servants of the cleoids. The victims can be freed if they resist the initial effects of the transformation process, but if they succumb, then they appear to be permanently changed. They possess life-sustaining and extending numenera."

"The Unfettered Prince wrote:

In between questions and answers, he states to the others:

"Aye, we could leave. But we should probe some bit further, see if we cannot seize a cleoid off-guard and make it speak its secrets. And as for the sea-bed above, I can speak with that tomorrow, so no need for complaint!", he adds with a chuckle.


"So it seems that whoever we will encounter here will be against us."

Cassius wonders what the Hell he's doing here and why.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince relays the answers - and his thoughts on the matter.

"Aeon Priests sound well equipped with these 'numenara'. I would possess such for myself. Life extension is of much less interest when treasures can be found above. I say we make for the surface!"

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

In this context it sounds like a good idea.
Bizan eyes the Unfettered Prince.

We can seek out this nearby village called Halfstar. Perhaps the Aeon priests there can provide further information for our many questions, if they are friendly. We could also find food, shelter and other things.

I take it that everyone is actually naked excpet perhaps some minor forms of underwear like a loincloth? Makes a good picture when approaching "civilization"^^ Also we probably should soon feel some mundane needs like thirst and hunger? We're probably in salt water?


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur nods in appreciation at the idea of moving to the surface. I also agree that the village is a better lead than the depths, at least at this point. Perhaps once we know more we can return here.

Eirikur is able to cast Disguise Self on himself as an SLA, so he should be relatively inconspicuous if he is able to observe a native. Language will be more of an issue. And food and water...


"This sounds, well, sound. We need not surrender this location for all time, but it doens't seem an ideal starting place when we might much more easily communicate peacefully with these Aeon priests. Let us find what we can on the surface for now. Having spoken these words, the small wet mass of fur turns around and begins to swim back to the the hatch to exit the area.

The Destined Attendant probably doesn't normally wear clothing. Her long fur and lack of modesty remove the need. How that will be taken in a land with as varied inhabitants as the ninth world sees regularly we shall have to see. Also, language is going to be a big issue unless someone has a way around it. Hopefully someone can mythic spell our way into tongues or comprehend languages or the like till we can find some numenara to do the job or simply learn the local languages.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Back to the surface then! Let us hunt and nourish ourselves in this land!", the Unfettered Prince shouts with anticipation, as he turns from the stone to swim back.

Aye, we have little clothing between us. We are going to be quite the sight! :D The Unfettered Prince has no disguise spells, but solid social skills and a lot of languages. Maybe one will help. As for food and water, he can make the latter at will and we can surely hunt or forage for the former.

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
A hugely horned helmet rests on his head and mane of sleek black hair, an old leather strap diagonally across his huge chest, and a loincloth tied at his waist.


Cassius starts swimming back to the surface. "I agree, having a look around could reveal more information."

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Then let's swim back and explore the surface.

Bizan turns around and begins to swim towards the exit, expecting the others to follow and dive up again.


Are we all agreed that we're heading off to Halfstar then? I will start describing the shore in that instance, I just want to double check before I make the decision for those who haven't spoken yet.


Skipping ahead to the village after the group has come ashore. The village is readily visible from the coast so you all have no issue finding it.

The village of Halfstar, for such must be the name of the small settlement which sits perched on a rise above the temperate waters of the lapping sea given the information recently communicated by the very stone themselves to the entity that calls itself the Unfettered Prince, appears relatively tranquil, especially in comparison to the forbidding climes of the forgotten ruins which sprawl below the waters.

Resting primarily on a raised bluff that encompasses the exit point of a small river, the village appears to be situated to take advantage of the natural harbor and trade way afforded by the meeting place of fresh and salt water.

From the docks, several small figures, clearly humanoid, are clearly visible. Soon, the approaching party of amnesiacs will also be visible to them...


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur walks ahead of the group. I can go ahead and disguise myself to look as these folk do. I may not be able to understand them, but will at least be familiar looking.

He will get close enough to see the general appearance and then use Disguise Self to make himself look like a distantly-similar native; familiar and nonthreatening.

Eirikur can communicate in Common*, Elven*, Orc*, Giant*, Dwarven*, Draconic*, Celestial, Abyssal, Infernal, Aklo, Shoanti, Varisian (*Racial). He can also cast Comprehend Languages with a point of Mythic Power.

101 to 150 of 741 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.