Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


151 to 200 of 620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The equivalent of the Common tongue in the Numenera setting is a language called the "Truth". At the moment, all your characters can communicate telepathically in this language with one another, but cannot speak, write, or read the Truth.

The docks of Halfstar are partially constructed from what appears to be the refuse of some large fuselage. Massive upended turbines, their glistening shellac of off white enamel still glistening in the midday sun beneath tens or even hundreds of cycles worth of oceanic residue and the natural discoloration prompted by open aired weathering.

To this odd collection of repurposed piers have been welded by slightly inelegant, if clearly sturdy and functional, means large hooks of and pitted dark alloy from which are suspended the various corrugated metal platforms that comprise the village docks. Small sets of stairs and ramps composed of long wooden boards, darkened by moisture and the sun, connect the web of platforms that cluster around the entrance delta of a small river.

This estuary terminated at the ocean in a series of gentle water falls over which a series of bridges extend, joining the two clusters of platforms on either side of the river.

On either side of the river, a series of bluffs rise over the surrounding landscape. The majority of the village appears to be constructed on these overhanging massifs. Small sets of stairs, some carved into the rock, some constructed from a discordant miscellany of materials, rise from the docks to the surrounding heights. Far above, additional bridges appear to connect the right and left bluff to one another, and a not inconsiderable assortment of buildings appear to be constructed on the largest of these expanses. A number of platforms and capsules of varying description also seem to provide access from the docks to the village proper overhead.

The docks suddenly are illuminated by a network of lamps that discharge a striking violet light, an illumination that brings with it a strange olfactory sensation, a pungent admixture of sulphurus salts and sweet blossoms.

The half dozen or so small automatons bustling around the docks appear to pause in their labors and regard the ocean vista.


The Destined Attendant shakes much of the water from her hair after emerging from the ocean. She's left damp, but doesn't seem bothered by it. Seeing the one with the animals hurry off ahead the small, furry explorer takes her time, peering at the plants and any animal's she finds along the way, and watching to see how her traveling companions move on the land.

As they near the settlement, she watches the automatons with great curiosity. "It seems that you lot aren't the only things that I find unusual around here. Do you suppose those workers are clad in metal or that they're made of metal? I don't seem to expect them to need protection like that in this environment unless there are dangers that I can't perceive."


Intrigued by the strange village, Cassius lets the greenish creature do the exploration, as told in his mind. He has a look around and gets caught by the fascinating mix of things encountered, lighting up the fires of anachronism inside him.

"I don't know... but everything seems out of its time around here. I wonder what these beings have endured here, so close to an ancient and nearly disappeared civilization."


The Destined Attendant wrote:

The Destined Attendant shakes much of the water from her hair after emerging from the ocean. She's left damp, but doesn't seem bothered by it. Seeing the one with the animals hurry off ahead the small, furry explorer takes her time, peering at the plants and any animal's she finds along the way, and watching to see how her traveling companions move on the land.

As they near the settlement, she watches the automatons with great curiosity. "It seems that you lot aren't the only things that I find unusual around here. Do you suppose those workers are clad in metal or that they're made of metal? I don't seem to expect them to need protection like that in this environment unless there are dangers that I can't perceive."

The dock workers appear, upon closer inspection, to comprise a thoroughly curious admixture of the organic and artificial. Most of the entities which were until recently engaged in loading cargo onto the rusted platforms of the town's complex system of docks appear to be genuine machines. These continue dutifully with their labors.

However, it soon becomes apparent that at least three of the creatures are actually humanoids of a slightly stunted stature who have each vested their squat bodies with a curious uniform of metal such that, at first glance, they do not appear to be living beings.

These latter turn their attention to the oceanic horizon with the activation of the mysterious lights and smells, presumably reflecting their mutual attention to this strange species of alarm or signal.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The scaled one makes no effort to disguise or hide himself. Are they out of time, or are we?, he muses. Is there something coming from the water?

Per: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Mh i can take on the appearance of most species, but resembling those metal armors is a challenge. I also can't see what they really look like. Very difficult. I could create an illusion though.

Bizan adresses the Destined Attendants question.
The smaller creatures seem to be made of iron. I'm not sure if they are really alive or just automatons. It's uncertain if any of them are susceptible to my powers. I say we watch them first and see what happens. Perhaps we can also overhear them and gather more information without them knowing or seeing us.

Ah this whole situation is weird. It seems i know some things about myself and what i can do, or have knowledge about things i see in the environment, but i don't really know why. Or where i come from. Or whatever. I guess we are out of time. Vastly.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Appropriate Knowledge people: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Appropriate Knowledge automatons: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Appropriate Knowledge dock: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Appropriate Knowledge sea: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

As the Unfettered Prince emerges from the water, his frame resembles tanned marble of a mobile statue. He shakes hid hair and water sprays. His feet reach the sand. He speaks, and his words carry for a great distance. They are in the language he spoke to the stone in and he repeats them in the mindspeech.

Clarion Call, 60 minute duration

Terran out loud, the Truth in minds.

"I am the Unfettered Prince, and these are my companions, mighty all! I bid you welcome, Halfstar folk!"

Diplomacy on the chance someone understands Terran: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

As he moves forward, he looks for a sizeable piece of stone.

Returning to solely mindspeech, he speaks:

"Companions, I seek much stone. I would shape it into our likenesses, to commemorate our arrival on this strange shore."

He mostly seeks stone, but idly glances at the machines and out to sea.

Knowledge Dungeoneering to identify a stone of suitable size and hardness to make good sculpture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Knowledge Engineering to identify the metal-clad locals and their automatons: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Perception to note anything aniss at sea: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

As the Unfettered Prince emerges from the water and immediately makes his presence known to everyone miles around, Bizan cringes.
She turns around, a short angry flash of red light in her eyes.

Do you have to be so loud? We were just discussing watching them secretly to be able to adress them in the right way!


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince turns to face Bizar.

"My announcement is done. Now we can watch their reaction. We will soon know if they are hostile to *us*, which is the key information."

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

I guess so. We still don't know if they understood you or what's up with that purple light or the ocean.


"Interesting method. I wouldn't have done it so, but if it works..." Cassius waits for the creatures' response impatiently.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur winces at the shout. Like Bizan, he had intended a stealthier approach. In for a garnet, in for a ruby, I suppose. He trudges back to stand by the Prince. If something is going to happen, best that it be with companions who are at least lesser unknown quantities than ... well... everything else about this place. His curiosity is piqued by the lights and the automatons; they are not familiar to him, but his mind sets about understanding their movements and what drives them.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

If we could understand what they talk, i could listen to them invisibly for a while, to see what they are about.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"By my nature, I can speak with and understand elementals, mundane beasts, plants, and the fey. And for a time, I can speak with stone as I already demonstrated. I could draw upon greater power to comprehend the inhabitant's speech, but that has similar caveats to the water breath of earlier."


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

The scaled one makes no effort to disguise or hide himself. Are they out of time, or are we?, he muses. Is there something coming from the water?

[dice=Per]1d20+11

Arc - Nightmare Dragon: Perception:

The small humanoids who clothed in regalia that, upon first glance, makes them seem as if they are of the same manufacture as the automatons unloading the docks, appear to be pointing to something beyond Arc's party, observed on the distant horizon of the ocean.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

As the Unfettered Prince emerges from the water, his frame resembles tanned marble of a mobile statue. He shakes hid hair and water sprays. His feet reach the sand. He speaks, and his words carry for a great distance. They are in the language he spoke to the stone in and he repeats them in the mindspeech.

Clarion Call, 60 minute duration

Terran out loud, the Truth in minds.

"I am the Unfettered Prince, and these are my companions, mighty all! I bid you welcome, Halfstar folk!"

[dice=Diplomacy on the chance someone understands Terran]1d20 +16

As he moves forward, he looks for a sizeable piece of stone.

Returning to solely mindspeech, he speaks:

"Companions, I seek much stone. I would shape it into our likenesses, to commemorate our arrival on this strange shore."

He mostly seeks stone, but idly glances at the machines and out to sea.

[dice=Knowledge Dungeoneering to identify a stone of suitable size and hardness to make good sculpture]1d20 +9

[dice=Knowledge Engineering to identify the metal-clad locals and their automatons]1d20 +12

[dice=Perception to note anything aniss at sea]1d20 +10

The Unfettered Prince: Diplomacy:

The small men appear completely uncomprehending at the words of the mysterious fey. However, several of the automatons evidently register his communication, and begin to buzz with a energy that bespeaks some species of recognition, the fevered whizzing of their multiple turbines cutting the salty air with a high pitched drone.

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Dungeoneering):

There are many such rocks in the nearby vicinity. In fact, there are a pile of stone that will serve this purpose on one part of the docks.

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Engineering):

The Unfettered Prince can discern nothing of value.

The Unfettered Prince: Perception:

There appears to be a vessel approaching from the sea, though it is still on the distant horizon.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"While the small folk did not understand me, some of the automatons certainly reacted with buzzing. And I see many suitable stones for sculpting. Oh, and we should ready ourselves for the vessel approaching from the distant horizon."

With that, the Unfettered Prince strides over to a pile of stone on the docks, and touches it, concentrating hard.

His goal: to show he and his companions in finest form. Vibrant stances facing inland is what he desires.

Using stone magic's stone shape sla, CL 10

Craft Sculpture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Use mythic power for a surge

Final craft: 23 + 1d6 ⇒ 23 + (6) = 29

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Which vessel?

Bizan watches the Unfettered Prince closely as he works the stone.
Mh, overall quite good. I had not anticipated you're a sculptor. While mere stone will never be able to display my true beauty, you did a good job.
She gives him a slightly fanged smile.


Looking at the horizon, Cassius wonders what are these creatures thinking. This must be their most amusing day in years, with all the strange people showing up at their place.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |
Sebecloki wrote:
Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

The scaled one makes no effort to disguise or hide himself. Are they out of time, or are we?, he muses. Is there something coming from the water?

[dice=Per]1d20+11

** spoiler omitted **

Not sure if it matters, but that check was for looking out into the ocean where they seem to be looking. Sorry if that was not clear.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

A vessel, eh? I suggest we prepare ourselves in case they are not friendly, and more capable than these villagers of doing unto us things we would rather they not...

Eirikur looks at the statues, and while impressed by the artistry, he cannot help but feel that it is a frivolous use of power and a blatant disruption to the landscape at a time where stealth might be better. However, he is not going to disrupt the helmed one's work; what is done is done.


Hmm, friendly or not, friendly or not. That's the question. Let's see if they shoot at me perhaps! That'll help answer that question! The small, wet, furry traveler first glows a bit as she touches the ground and then unfurls what look like feathered wings that had been previously tucked somewhere in her back fur, take a step or two forward and launches into the air to start flying towards the approaching vessel. As she flies she peers down to see if she can discern details like a crew.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Resetting my teleport beacon to this location and then heading towards the ship with a flight speed of 120, though she's not hurrying particularly

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Besides them openly attacking us, how will we even know what they are up too? I suggest we don't interfere at first and watch.


"Oh, yes, I'm just watching for now. I'll let you know if I see anything interesting, in so far as I can even judge what is and is not interesting in this place."


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Winged One, wait a moment! I will conceal you.
Assuming she waits, Eirikur will cast Extended Invisibility on her, which will last for 12 minutes and allow her to go almost three miles before it wears off. This assumes the ship is within three miles, of course.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Rising from his work, and a smile behind his helm at the fruits of his efforts, the Unfettered Prince turns to the others.

"I have many skills. And I will demonstrate them as the time comes. And the vessel is that way-"

He points a hand, and turns to sees the small creature sprout wings and fly off!

"I like your style, furred one! I will not interrupt your scouting but will come to your aid should you require it.", he says with a note of admiration in his voice.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Maybe you will get a taste of my skills sometime.
With a wicked fanged smile Bizan begins to float towards the vessel as well.


The Destined Attendant wrote:

Hmm, friendly or not, friendly or not. That's the question. Let's see if they shoot at me perhaps! That'll help answer that question! The small, wet, furry traveler first glows a bit as she touches the ground and then unfurls what look like feathered wings that had been previously tucked somewhere in her back fur, take a step or two forward and launches into the air to start flying towards the approaching vessel. As she flies she peers down to see if she can discern details like a crew.

[dice=Perception]1d20 + 18

Resetting my teleport beacon to this location and then heading towards the ship with a flight speed of 120, though she's not hurrying particularly

The Destined Attendant: Perception:

Riding the cool breezes which spiral over the waves, the levitating hominid soon catches a glimpse of a large vessel, its heavily-encrusted hulk moving speedily towards the shoreline.

The vessel is equally wide and long, and sits high in the water for a nautical craft. Its hull appears to be encrusted with several layers of barnacles or some other organic growth. The center of the deck contains a raised platform with some kind of large machine which resembles an extended arm. Tiny figures mill about the deck, some attending the machine, others surveying the ocean surrounding their craft, and yet others... looking towards the sky where the Destined Attendant soars.


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

The scaled one makes no effort to disguise or hide himself. Are they out of time, or are we?, he muses. Is there something coming from the water?

[dice=Per]1d20+11

** spoiler omitted **
Not sure if it matters, but that check was for looking out into the ocean where they seem to be looking. Sorry if that was not clear.

Arc -- Nightmare Dragon: Perception:

There is definitely a vessel approaching over the horizon.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"While the small folk did not understand me, some of the automatons certainly reacted with buzzing. And I see many suitable stones for sculpting. Oh, and we should ready ourselves for the vessel approaching from the distant horizon."

With that, the Unfettered Prince strides over to a pile of stone on the docks, and touches it, concentrating hard.

His goal: to show he and his companions in finest form. Vibrant stances facing inland is what he desires.

Using stone magic's stone shape sla, CL 10

[dice=Craft Sculpture]1d20 +6

Use mythic power for a surge

[dice=Final craft]23+1d6

The tiny humanoids dressed as automatons take a few cautious steps backwards, towards the capsule that likely serves as kind of lift between the docks and the settlement which sprawls on the overhanging cliffs.

By contrast, the mechanical works approach with apparent eagerness, extending their clockwork digits with the best approximation of interest and anticipation that can be mustered by un-living things, their motors whirring with even greater energy like a swarm of bees engaged in a revel.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Perhaps I will!", the Unfettered Prince replies to the departing Bizan with an audible grin.

He does not move just yet, still interested in the goings-on in the settlement for now.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Cassius retreats slowly as the automatons seem to try to touch him. "These... things... what do they want?"

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Bizan gives the Unfettered Prince a sceptical look. He clearly doesn't know what he would be in for.
She then watches the automatons reactions, hovering above, her long hair floating around her in the wind.
They probably want to find out what we want and who we are. That's something we already have in common with them.

She lifts her open hands in a peaceful gesture.
Who wants to talk with them? Shall only one or shall we all make some magic endeavours?


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"Perhaps I will!", the Unfettered Prince replies to the departing Bizan with an audible grin.

He does not move just yet, still interested in the goings-on in the settlement for now.

[dice=Perception]1d20 + 10

[dice=Knowledge Engineering]1d20 + 12

The Unfettered Prince: Perception:

There seems to be some activity starting up on the bluffs overhead.

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Engineering):

The capsule on the cliff face next to the docks, which seems to be some variety of lifting mechanism, begins to hum into motion.


Just to be clear in case I'm accidentally slowly the game down, I'm waiting on Arc and the Destined Attendant to report back, react.

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11

Aknowldegded^^ Hope they report back in! Worst case party of 4 gestalt PCs should be fine though. In the meantime, i can do some knowledge and other checks as well.Not sure which knowledge to apply, but all are +8.

As Bizan watches things unfold, she searches her perforated memory about clues wether those beings might be susceptible to her mind-affecting magic tricks she feels she could perform or what else she might know about the beings, their gears, etc..

kn:x: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

kn:x: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

kn:Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

sense motive: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Oh, yeah, I was waiting since someone already mentioned the ship.

"Aye, a vessel approaches." He points at the distant ship.


Sorry for the delayed posts; it's been a busy week. The destined attendant will continue to watch the vessel and it's crew without interacting beyond being seen for now.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"That capsule, the lifting mechanism in the cliff face by the docks, is active. And something is occuring on the bluffs. I am going up for a wider view."

And with that, the Unfettered Prince frees himself of the grasp of the earth, and rises rapidly straight up, gazing up at, then down at, the bluffs.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

How far are say the new statues from the cliffs?


The Destined Attendant, finding a bit of an audience, does a few flips on the air and clasps her hands above her head, cheering afterwards.

Fly to do a couple simple tricks: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

After that, she continues to watch the vessel to see what the crew will choose to do now that they're well aware of her.

Perception to spot anything interesting: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38


The Destined Attendant wrote:

The Destined Attendant, finding a bit of an audience, does a few flips on the air and clasps her hands above her head, cheering afterwards.

[dice=Fly to do a couple simple tricks]1d20 +6

After that, she continues to watch the vessel to see what the crew will choose to do now that they're well aware of her.

[dice=Perception to spot anything interesting]1d20 + 18

The flying tricks are, I suppose, successful? I'm not sure how you could fail at that in terms of mechanics.

The Destined Attendant wrote:

After that, she continues to watch the vessel to see what the crew will choose to do now that they're well aware of her.

[dice=Perception to spot anything interesting]1d20 + 18

The Destined Attendant: Perception:

Upon closer inspection, it quickly becomes clear that the quickly-approaching vessel is some variety of a least partly biological manufacture. Indeed, the hull is not just encrusted with a dense carapace of barnacles, but appears to actually be made up of coral.

The strangely broad dimensions of the vessel also begin to make more sense given this new observation, as it soon becomes apparent to the levitating simian that the 'ship' as such is no such thing, but rather a tower of living coral that is mysteriously, but powerfully, directed through the waters of this strange world. Still, no more a proper ship than a house that had somehow managed to acquire the means of aerial translocation...

Milling aboard this moving tower of coral are a group of eight armed, bulb-headed creatures, apparently some variety of cephalopod. The center of the 'deck' is dominated by a platform bearing some bulky, bio-organic device with macabrely-enlongated appendages.

Among the other cephalopods, there are several lumbering, four-legged creatures covered with a dense mat of wiry brown fur.

The creatures on the board appear to take note of the Destined Attendant, and she hears, to her surprise, a languid, almost bored voice arise, telepathically, in her mind,

"Oh look they are back too now."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"That capsule, the lifting mechanism in the cliff face by the docks, is active. And something is occuring on the bluffs. I am going up for a wider view."

And with that, the Unfettered Prince frees himself of the grasp of the earth, and rises rapidly straight up, gazing up at, then down at, the bluffs.

[dice=Perception]1d20 +10

[dice=Knowledge Engineering]1d20 +12

How far are say the new statues from the cliffs?

The Unfettered Prince: Perception:

No new details of the bluffs are evident.

The Unfettered Prince: Knowledge (Engineering):

The function of the contraptions is a complete mystery.

About 25/30 ft. or so, I'm working on a map of the area.


Bizan Ashura wrote:

Aknowldegded^^ Hope they report back in! Worst case party of 4 gestalt PCs should be fine though. In the meantime, i can do some knowledge and other checks as well.Not sure which knowledge to apply, but all are +8.

As Bizan watches things unfold, she searches her perforated memory about clues wether those beings might be susceptible to her mind-affecting magic tricks she feels she could perform or what else she might know about the beings, their gears, etc..

[dice=kn:x]1d20+8

[dice=kn:x]1d20+8

[dice=kn:Perception]1d20+11

[dice=sense motive]1d20+14

I think you didn't type out the knowledge skills you wanted to use here for the first two checks, why don't you correct this post, and then I'll respond.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Little of interest appearing on the bluffs, and I know not what that contraption is intended for. So long as the locals are not fool enough to assail us, I see little reason to harm them. Is anything note-worthy developing on that vessel?"

Dark Archive

Immune poison; Resist acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, fire 10; SR 31 Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +8 (+9 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +2 bonus vs. fear, paralysis, and sleep effects, +3 racial bonus vs. poison Defensive Abilities evasion, hard to kill; Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +11
Sebecloki wrote:
Bizan Ashura wrote:

Aknowldegded^^ Hope they report back in! Worst case party of 4 gestalt PCs should be fine though. In the meantime, i can do some knowledge and other checks as well.Not sure which knowledge to apply, but all are +8.

As Bizan watches things unfold, she searches her perforated memory about clues wether those beings might be susceptible to her mind-affecting magic tricks she feels she could perform or what else she might know about the beings, their gears, etc..

[dice=kn:x]1d20+8

[dice=kn:x]1d20+8

[dice=kn:Perception]1d20+11

[dice=sense motive]1d20+14

I think you didn't type out the knowledge skills you wanted to use here for the first two checks, why don't you correct this post, and then I'll respond.

I wasn't sure which ones to use and left it blank on purpose, hoping you would fill them in. I guess local and engineering might be the ones to use, but i'm really not sure.


"Hoo hoo! There is something interesting here. Someone on that ship is talking in my mind in a way that I can understand. Did anyone else hear it? It seems to indicate that we've been here before, or at least something like us. I'm going to see if I can talk to them with this loud thinking thing we can do."

The Destined Attendant tries to focus her thoughts towards the figures on the ship. "I can hear you. Can you hear me? I come to exchange information if that is something you find acceptable."


The Destined Attendant wrote:

"Hoo hoo! There is something interesting here. Someone on that ship is talking in my mind in a way that I can understand. Did anyone else hear it? It seems to indicate that we've been here before, or at least something like us. I'm going to see if I can talk to them with this loud thinking thing we can do."

The Destined Attendant tries to focus her thoughts towards the figures on the ship. "I can hear you. Can you hear me? I come to exchange information if that is something you find acceptable."

The Destined Attendant: Mental Communication:

The languid tone arises again,

"Oh, how charming, see, now it wants to talk.

Another voice, similar to the first appears, apparently addressing the Destined Attendant directly,

"Oh very well, whatever do you want now hard body? We are as busy as ever."


The Destined Attendant does her best to project to both her companions as well as the figures on the vessel.

"Ha ha! We can talk both ways! Delightful! Hmmm, now what would make sense to say ... Oh, I know! My companions and I seems to have found ourselves in this place with no knowledge of how we got here. We would be happy to trade either the information we have already gained or, if you prefer, services you might need performed, in exchange for any information that you might have which would help us make heads or tails of why we are here at all."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

With this news, the Unfettered Prince turns from looking at the cliffs and begins a leisurely flight towards the vessel.

"Developments indeed! Their knowledge could be a boon to us! Can anyone else hear these arrivals?"


Finding the situation interesting, Cassius pays all the attention possible to his ape-like companion. He wonders whether the communication with these new creatures could work also with him, and concentrates on it. "Can they also communicate with us?"

151 to 200 of 620 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.