Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


351 to 400 of 618 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

The Unfettered Prince wrote:
Who can act?

I think everyone else is basically passing for this turn -- go ahead and do anything you want, then we'll start Round 3.


A high-pitched, droning hum begins to resonate in the air, pulsing with a recurrent, and slightly increasing vibration.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Ah. I didn't realise that I could go in round 2. So I'll take my move for that round. Feel free to flat out say that everyone is up if they are.

With the creatures trying to flee, the horned figure chases after them and glides into the aperture!

Companions! I would see the inside of this vessel, and see if it is worth seizing or destroying!


The strange, metallic whine increases slightly in both intensity and volume. The harried quaternary of cephalopods appears to regard it with what passes for a curious expression.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur looks on as the helmed one makes his way into the unknown. He turns to his four legged companion. "Shall we? It certainly promises to be interesting... ". Eirikur and Dagun move to follow the Unfettered Prince into the interior of the vessel as well.


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
Eirikur looks on as the helmed one makes his way into the unknown. He turns to his four legged companion. "Shall we? It certainly promises to be interesting... ". Eirikur and Dagun move to follow the Unfettered Prince into the interior of the vessel as well.

The octopuses are currently surrounding the entrance, and thus you open yourselves to an AOO if you do that. Does that change/alter your plan?


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

My oversight. I didn't realise that AOO would be a risk. I'll redo my round 2 move then.

With the creatures trying to flee towards the aperture, the horned figure chases after them and strikes at the nearest octopus!

Companions! I would see the inside of this vessel, and see if it is worth seizing or destroying!

Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, charge, chaos: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 24

Damage, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d6 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19

I believe my defense went up to 18 with chaos, then temporarily down to 16 with charge.

+1 morale bonus to AC and on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws against fear, and also ignore the first 5 points of hardness when attacking unattended inanimate objects. This lasts for 1 minute

AOO should octopus try to escape:

Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 = 26

Damage, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d6 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 1 = 15


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

My oversight. I didn't realise that AOO would be a risk. I'll redo my round 2 move then.

With the creatures trying to flee towards the aperture, the horned figure chases after them and strikes at the nearest octopus!

Companions! I would see the inside of this vessel, and see if it is worth seizing or destroying!

[dice=Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, charge, chaos]1d20 + 10 +2 +1

[dice=Damage, Mythic PA, chaos]1d6+12+1

I believe my defense went up to 18 with chaos, then temporarily down to 16 with charge.

+1 morale bonus to AC and on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws against fear, and also ignore the first 5 points of hardness when attacking unattended inanimate objects. This lasts for 1 minute

** spoiler omitted **

What's his move speed? I need to see if he gets in ahead of the octopuses.


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
Eirikur looks on as the helmed one makes his way into the unknown. He turns to his four legged companion. "Shall we? It certainly promises to be interesting... ". Eirikur and Dagun move to follow the Unfettered Prince into the interior of the vessel as well.

Are you doing anything to avoid an AoO?


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

60ft base with mythic Impossible Speed, so 120ft on a charge. He isn't bothering to fly right now.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

My speed is much less... My move is probably just to chase after the octopi. I won't try to provoke an AoO, though. I'm not actually sure where I am in relation to things.


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
My speed is much less... My move is probably just to chase after the octopi. I won't try to provoke an AoO, though. I'm not actually sure where I am in relation to things.

You should be visible on the map link I posted. Can you see yourself?


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
60ft base with mythic Impossible Speed, so 120ft on a charge. He isn't bothering to fly right now.

Then you're way faster (they're 40ft. while flying) -- you whiz by them and five of them try to hit you with an AoO while you rush past.

Octopus AoA: bite +13 (1d8+7 plus poison): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Octopus AoA: bite +13 (1d8+7 plus poison): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Octopus AoA: bite +13 (1d8+7 plus poison): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Octopus AoA: bite +13 (1d8+7 plus poison): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Octopus AoA: bite +13 (1d8+7 plus poison): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

I think that means three hit right (Defense 17 for the Unfettered Prince?). Let me know, and I'll roll damage.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Three hits indeed. The Unfettered Prince has DR/6 adamantine, Fort 17 plus another +4 vd poison, as per my tagline. He wants to get between them and the aperture before punching.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV
Sebecloki wrote:
Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
My speed is much less... My move is probably just to chase after the octopi. I won't try to provoke an AoO, though. I'm not actually sure where I am in relation to things.
You should be visible on the map link I posted. Can you see yourself?

Found it! Here we go. Move to close with two of the octopi, and use the Call the Souls Blade boost manuver as a swift. Then simple action attack with advancing carnage vs both octopi.

Eirikur and Dagun move towards the octopi surrounding the aperture, and Eirikur summons his own weapon to hand, attacking the two closest enemies.

Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d10 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d10 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
My speed is much less... My move is probably just to chase after the octopi. I won't try to provoke an AoO, though. I'm not actually sure where I am in relation to things.
You should be visible on the map link I posted. Can you see yourself?

Found it! Here we go. Move to close with two of the octopi, and use the Call the Souls Blade boost manuver as a swift. Then simple action attack with advancing carnage vs both octopi.

Eirikur and Dagun move towards the octopi surrounding the aperture, and Eirikur summons his own weapon to hand, attacking the two closest enemies.

[dice=Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #1] 1d20 + 9; 1d10 +14

[dice=Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #2] 1d20 + 9; 1d10 +14

Is that the attack roll/to hit and then the damage roll for each of the attacks?


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
Three hits indeed. The Unfettered Prince has DR/6 adamantine, Fort 17 plus another +4 vd poison, as per my tagline. He wants to get between them and the aperture before punching.

3d8 + 21 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 21 = 30

Poison (Ex)
Bite—injury; save Fort DC 21; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Strength damage and staggered; cure 2 consecutive saves.

The save DC is Constitution-based.


The metallic buzzing in the air only grow louder with each passing second...


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

I wrote down large instead of huge to ignore my DR, apologies. So the resulting damage will be 3 x 6 = 18 lower, with 12 total damage remaining. 31/43 Vigour remaining.

Fort Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 4 = 26

Fort Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 4 = 23

Fort Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 4 = 35

All saved.

Who still has to act for this round?


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

I wrote down large instead of huge to ignore my DR, apologies. So the resulting damage will be 3 x 6 = 18 lower, with 12 total damage remaining. 31/43 Vigour remaining.

[dice=Fort Save vs Poison]1d20 + 17 + 4

[dice=Fort Save vs Poison]1d20 + 17 + 4

[dice=Fort Save vs Poison]1d20 + 17 + 4

All saved.

Who still has to act for this round?

I asked for clarification on Eikur's actions. Other than that, I think we're done. The Unfettered Prince should be able to rush ahead of everyone else and get down the hatch. I'm not sure why you think this is a good idea since there will be more octopuses down there, but I'm going with it and have some idea of where to productively take the plot of you forge ahead.


Initiative is:

Arc
Unfettered Prince/Octopi
Eikur


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

I was going to go down the hole, but changed my round 2 action to stopping and punching an octupus.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
I was going to go down the hole, but changed my round 2 action to stopping and punching an octupus.

I think that hits but isn't fatal. I need to convert the AC score to a DR.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Arc casually tosses the remains of the warrior through the newly appearing hole listening for the satisfying splat of the invertebrate creature's body. "No mercy for those without compassion," he recites like a barely remembered mantra. His grin does not diminish as he charges the other named warrior and lashes out with tooth and claw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions:

Free: Speed Step(Tension: -3 = 0)(Movement: +1 = 1)
Full-Round: Natural Attacks(Tension: +1 = 2)(Intimidation: +1 = 3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dice:

Bite(B/P/S)(Power Attack): 1d20 + 17 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 17 - 2 + 1 = 34
Damage(PA): 1d6 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 4 = 20
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 17 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 17 - 2 + 1 = 23
Crit Damage(PA): 1d6 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 4 = 21
Cornugon Smash: Intimidate(DC:24): 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (11) + 33 = 44(Shaken)
Using Frightful, I will try to escalate shaken condition each time.

Claw(B/S): 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 - 2 = 24
Damage(PA): 1d4 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 4 = 16
CS: Intimidate: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (18) + 33 = 51(Frightened)
Mythic Shattered Defenses kicks in.

Wing(B): 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 2 = 27
Damage(PA): 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 = 10
CS: Intimidate: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (10) + 33 = 43

Wing(B): 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 2 = 28
Damage(PA): 1d4 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 = 12
CS: Intimidate: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (1) + 33 = 34
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical Knuckle: 5 rounds
Vigor: 55
MP: 3/5
SP: 11/12
Joy: 7/9
Tension: 3

Octopi:
AC 21, touch 19, flat-footed 18
Intimidate DC: 24


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

Arc casually tosses the remains of the warrior through the newly appearing hole listening for the satisfying splat of the invertebrate creature's body. "No mercy for those without compassion," he recites like a barely remembered mantra. His grin does not diminish as he charges the other named warrior and lashes out with tooth and claw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions:

Free: Speed Step(Tension: -3 = 0)(Movement: +1 = 1)
Full-Round: Natural Attacks(Tension: +1 = 2)(Intimidation: +1 = 3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dice:

[dice=Bite(B/P/S)(Power Attack)]1d20+17-2+1
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d6+15+4
[dice=Crit Confirm]1d20+17-2+1
[dice=Crit Damage(PA)]1d6+15+4
[dice=Cornugon Smash: Intimidate(DC:24)]1d20+33(Shaken)
Using Frightful, I will try to escalate shaken condition each time.

[dice=Claw(B/S)]1d20+17-2
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d4+10+4
[dice=CS: Intimidate]1d20+33(Frightened)
Mythic Shattered Defenses kicks in.

[dice=Wing(B)]1d20+15-2
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d4+5+4
[dice=CS: Intimidate]1d20+33

[dice=Wing(B)]1d20+15-2
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d4+5+4
[dice=CS: Intimidate]1d20+33
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical Knuckle: 5 rounds
Vigor: 55
MP: 3/5
SP: 11/12
Joy: 7/9
Tension: 3

Octopi:
AC 21, touch 19, flat-footed 18
Intimidate DC: 24

Could you also summarize the cumulative effect on your opponent?I'm not clear if another died. I posted the octopus stats above.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Damage=79; Condition=Frightened & Flat-footed to attacks


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
Damage=79; Condition=Frightened & Flat-footed to attacks

One of the cephalopods is stunned by the brutal assault of the dragonic entity. It's compatriots cry simultaneously with an ear-piercing keeping,

"Freeshisu!"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
I was going to go down the hole, but changed my round 2 action to stopping and punching an octupus.

You can go ahead and post again. My final tallies for Round 2 won't effect anything major.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince continues hammering his fists upon his chosen target.

Once I have a weapon in hand, I will show them a little more!, he chuckles.

Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 = 18

Damage, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d6 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16

Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 - 5 = 22

Damage, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d6 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18

AOO:

Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 = 13

Damage, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d6 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 = 14


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV
Sebecloki wrote:
Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
Sebecloki wrote:
Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:
My speed is much less... My move is probably just to chase after the octopi. I won't try to provoke an AoO, though. I'm not actually sure where I am in relation to things.
You should be visible on the map link I posted. Can you see yourself?

Found it! Here we go. Move to close with two of the octopi, and use the Call the Souls Blade boost manuver as a swift. Then simple action attack with advancing carnage vs both octopi.

Eirikur and Dagun move towards the octopi surrounding the aperture, and Eirikur summons his own weapon to hand, attacking the two closest enemies.

[dice=Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #1] 1d20 + 9; 1d10 +14

[dice=Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #2] 1d20 + 9; 1d10 +14

Is that the attack roll/to hit and then the damage roll for each of the attacks?

That’s correct; to hit and then damage.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince continues hammering his fists upon his chosen target.

Once I have a weapon in hand, I will show them a little more!, he chuckles.

[dice=Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos] 1d20 + 10 + 1

[dice=Damage, Mythic PA, chaos] 1d6 + 12 + 1

[dice=Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos] 1d20 + 10 + 1-5

[dice=Damage, Mythic PA, chaos] 1d6 + 12 + 1

** spoiler omitted **

The adjusted AC per armor as DR is 19 I am using a mix of the 3.5 and Pathfinder system I will post soon.


The four octopuses that are still alive and mobile try to use Hold Person on the Unfettered Prince.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The Nightmare Dragon continues his assault until the creature is dispatched and moves on to his next target.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions:

Full-Round: Natural Attacks(Tension: +1 = 4)(Intimidation: +1 = 5)
Free: Speed Step(Tension: -3 = 2)(Movement: +1 = 3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dice:

Bite(B/P/S)(Power Attack): 1d20 + 17 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 17 - 2 + 1 = 27
Damage(PA): 1d6 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 4 = 25
Cornugon Smash: Intimidate(DC:24): 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (3) + 33 = 36

Claw(B/S): 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 17 - 2 = 25
Damage(PA): 1d4 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 4 = 15
CS: Intimidate: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (12) + 33 = 45(Panicked)

Wing(B): 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 - 2 = 15

Wing(B): 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 - 2 = 15
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical Knuckle: 4 rounds
Vigor: 55
MP: 3/5
SP: 11/12
Joy: 7/9
Tension: 3

Octopi:
hp 105, AC 21, touch 19, flat-footed 18
Intimidate DC: 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: 40 damage; Panicked if alive


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

The Nightmare Dragon continues his assault until the creature is dispatched and moves on to his next target.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions:

Full-Round: Natural Attacks(Tension: +1 = 4)(Intimidation: +1 = 5)
Free: Speed Step(Tension: -3 = 2)(Movement: +1 = 3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dice:

[dice=Bite(B/P/S)(Power Attack)]1d20+17-2+1
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d6+15+4
[dice=Cornugon Smash: Intimidate(DC:24)]1d20+33

[dice=Claw(B/S)]1d20+17-2
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d4+10+4
[dice=CS: Intimidate]1d20+33(Panicked)

[dice=Wing(B)]1d20+15-2

[dice=Wing(B)]1d20+15-2
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical Knuckle: 4 rounds
Vigor: 55
MP: 3/5
SP: 11/12
Joy: 7/9
Tension: 3

Octopi:
hp 105, AC 21, touch 19, flat-footed 18
Intimidate DC: 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: 40 damage; Panicked if alive

That's for next round, Eikur still needs to go this round before we move on to you (unless I'm missing something?).


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince shrugs off the mental attacks of the octopi.

Tthose hold person spells would have needed to get past Spell Resistance 17 and a Will bonus of +15. But thanks to Will of Giants, the Unfettered Prince has "Immunity to enchantment effects that target only humanoids, such as charm person and hold person."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince shrugs off the mental attacks of the octopi.

Tthose hold person spells would have needed to get past Spell Resistance 17 and a Will bonus of +15. But thanks to Will of Giants, the Unfettered Prince has "Immunity to enchantment effects that target only humanoids, such as charm person and hold person."

Bummer. I guess they won't bother trying that again on anyone else at this rate.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

So this would be round 3, then?

Eirikur moves a little closer in, still angling to get two of the enemy within his reach.

Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d10 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 251d10 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22


Eirikur, Angel of Death wrote:

So this would be round 3, then?

Eirikur moves a little closer in, still angling to get two of the enemy within his reach.

[dice=Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #1] 1d20 + 9; 1d10 +14
[dice=Advancing Carnage Attack w/ Power Attack vs #2] 1d20 + 9; 1d10 +14

That kills another -- I'll update again tomorrow, something else is going to happen before the next round begins.


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

The Nightmare Dragon continues his assault until the creature is dispatched and moves on to his next target.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Actions:

Full-Round: Natural Attacks(Tension: +1 = 4)(Intimidation: +1 = 5)
Free: Speed Step(Tension: -3 = 2)(Movement: +1 = 3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dice:

[dice=Bite(B/P/S)(Power Attack)]1d20+17-2+1
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d6+15+4
[dice=Cornugon Smash: Intimidate(DC:24)]1d20+33

[dice=Claw(B/S)]1d20+17-2
[dice=Damage(PA)]1d4+10+4
[dice=CS: Intimidate]1d20+33(Panicked)

[dice=Wing(B)]1d20+15-2

[dice=Wing(B)]1d20+15-2
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical Knuckle: 4 rounds
Vigor: 55
MP: 3/5
SP: 11/12
Joy: 7/9
Tension: 3

Octopi:
hp 105, AC 21, touch 19, flat-footed 18
Intimidate DC: 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: 40 damage; Panicked if alive

Something else is going to happen before this round begins. I will hold these actions in reserve if the combat starts up again.


The opening suddenly expands with an unpleasant sucking noise, and proceeds to discharge an octopus of more impressive dimensions that the party's present combatants.

This large cephalopod floats upward into the air, apparently as boyant upon the wind as a flower blossom.

An amused voice speaks into the minds of all,

"And what seems to be the matter here, little brothers?"


The four remaining octopus combatants virtually squeal in their telepathic reply,

"Might Uveenis, we are chastising these impertinent groundwalkers until you had intervened."

At this response, the larger octopus knowingly regards the still-fresh corpses of the detached cephalopods. Its mental projection somehow trembles with deep amusement as the sound of its loud guffaws ring in the collective consciousnesses of the amnesiacs,

"Is that what you are doing then? Well there, please do not suffer my humble person to flinch any of your honor! Carry on, wise fellows!"


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince does not pause. He charges at another octopus and drives a fist at its centre!

Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos, charge: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 2 = 32

Damage, Mythic PA, chaos: 1d6 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince does not pause. He charges at another octopus and drives a fist at its centre!

[Dice=Unarmed Strike, Mythic PA, chaos, charge]1d20+10+1+2

[Dice=Damage, Mythic PA, chaos] 1d6 + 12 + 1

Another octopus is severely injured by the attacks of Arc and the Unfettered Prince.

As it observes the proceedings, the larger cephalopod begins to chortle in amusement, while the injured octopus and its companions once again raise a cry in unison,

"Oh great one, we confess our pretensions, we beg you to deliver us from these obnoxious vermin!"


The larger octopus turns to the party of amnesiacs,

"Come strangers, leave these ones be -- they have, I believe, suffered enough. Come, let us talk of your current circumstances and future desires."


As far as I understand, we've ended Round 3 and the big octopus is now calling for a cessation of hostilities. Based on how you reply, we'll either begin Round 4, or continue with the dialogue.


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur holds a hand up. "I'm for talk of the future. First we request an answer: what is the future of this town? You see, that is the impetus for our conflict."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince seems amused and suddenly breaks off from combat. he is seemingly unconcerned if the octopi intend betrayal though he does watch for nontheless.

Perception for sneaky actions: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Sense Motive for sneaky behaviour: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

The Prince taps the wounds on his chest and infuses them with a dash of energy.

Cure Light Wounds, Fey Foundling to Vigour: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Vigour: 41/43

"As my companion alludes to, your research methodology drew our ire. How do you intend to proceed?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince seems amused and suddenly breaks off from combat. he is seemingly unconcerned if the octopi intend betrayal though he does watch for nontheless.

[dice=Perception for sneaky actions]1d20 + 10

[dice=Sense Motive for sneaky behaviour]1d20 + 10

The Prince taps the wounds on his chest and infuses them with a dash of energy.

[dice=Cure Light Wounds, Fey Foundling to Vigour]1d8+5+2

Vigour: 41/43

"As my companion alludes to, your research methodology drew our ire. How do you intend to proceed?"

The Unfettered Prince: Perception:

The amnesiac fey cannot detect any slight of hand or other suspicious legerdemain from the newly-arrived cephalopod.

The Unfettered Prince: Sense Motive:

The octopus appears to be genuine in its offer of parlay... at least for now...


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince seems amused and suddenly breaks off from combat. he is seemingly unconcerned if the octopi intend betrayal though he does watch for nontheless.

[dice=Perception for sneaky actions]1d20 + 10

[dice=Sense Motive for sneaky behaviour]1d20 + 10

The Prince taps the wounds on his chest and infuses them with a dash of energy.

[dice=Cure Light Wounds, Fey Foundling to Vigour]1d8+5+2

Vigour: 41/43

"As my companion alludes to, your research methodology drew our ire. How do you intend to proceed?"

"These sorry militant interlocutors are emissaries of the Queen's scientist Yufrenics. I, however, am an emissary of our august sovereign's well-beloved Erranamol, who possesses a more sanguine disposition towards the other inhabitants of the Ninth World. Our intentions are not aligned."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 55 | Touch: 43 | FF: 44 | F: +52 | R: +52 | W: +51 | CMD: 77 | Init: 23 | Per: 28 | Speed: 110' | Fly: 260' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The scaled one pauses in his annihilation to listen.

351 to 400 of 618 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.