Redemption: Tides of Numenera

Game Master Sebecloki


401 to 450 of 741 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

The larger, newly arrived octopus regards Arc with an expression of unmistakable curiosity --

"In any event, what do you intend to do once you've killed these associates of mine? Surely, we can come to some more equitable understanding and set you on a less..." it regards the ichor-spewing wreckage of one of the octopuses recently dispatched by the Nightmare Dragon, "bloody course."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Arc's air of nonchalance is at odds with the grisly scene. "Continue on our way to discover this world and how we came to be in it. Correcting your compatriot's behavior was but a minor detour for us." He looks and smiles at the cowering ones, ichor still showing in his teeth. Turning back to the large one, he shrugs and continues. "Some lessons are more severe than others.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

Arc's air of nonchalance is at odds with the grisly scene. "Continue on our way to discover this world and how we came to be in it. Correcting your compatriot's behavior was but a minor detour for us." He looks and smiles at the cowering ones, ichor still showing in his teeth. Turning back to the large one, he shrugs and continues. "Some lessons are more severe than others.

[dice=Sense Motive]1d20+12

"Yes, that's all very well and good, in a general fashion, but what exactly do you propose to do over the course of the coming afternoon, for example?"

"I may be able to assist in the beginning of the next stage of your journey, and the end of your short but violent excursion among my fellows, but I shall require a somewhat greater and more precise insights into your future intentions."

Arc - Nightmare Dragon: Sense Motive:

The larger octopus that just arrived on the scene appears to be genuine in his statements.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince speaks up once again.

"Until you offered a more reasonable take than wasteful and cowardly attempts at research, we were on track to purge this vessel and all in it. If this incident has shown the utter folly of such an approach, then we need not continue teaching such a harsh lesson, as my scaled companion ably put it."

"Until this diversion involving this vessel, we were going to begin exploring the land, beginning with the village Halfstar. We are not opposed to dealing with your people, if you have ceased efforts to study through untargeted extermination. We lack memory of how we came to be in this place and time, knowledge of the persons or forces responsible, or understanding of their purpose in doing so. Can you offer any additional assistance on any of those?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The Nightmare Dragon nods once, agreeing with the Prince.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince speaks up once again.

"Until you offered a slightly more reasonable take than wasteful and cowardly attempts at research, we were on track to purge this vessel and all in it. If this incident has shown the utter folly of such an approach, then we need not continue teaching such a harsh lesson, as my scaled companion ably put it."

"Until this diversion involving this vessel, we were going to begin exploring the land, beginning with the village Halfstar. We are not opposed to dealing with your people, if you have ceased efforts to study through untargeted extermination. We lack memory of how we came to be in this place and time, the persons or forces responsible, or their purpose in doing so. Can you offer any additional assistance on any of those?"
[dice=Sense Motive]1d20 + 10

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20 +16

It succeeds.

"And to what purpose to you instead to explore the village of Halfstar, or for that matter, the domains of what the inhabitants of the Steadfast know as 'the Beyond'."

"As I suggested to your draconic confederate, I may be able to assist in your speedy egress along your path should you be ready, willing, or able to furnish me with details of a significantly greater degree of specificity regarding your future intentions."

"What you have currently propose, for example, is not well-considered. The human inhabitants of the various claves which dot the Beyond are a primitive and superstitious race. This is especially the case for an isolated settlement such as Halfstar. Its residents will be exceedingly alarmed by the sudden appearance of your company, and I doubt very much that you shall succeed in calming their instinctive apprehensions."

Sense Motive: The Unfettered Prince:

The larger octopus that just arrived on the scene appears to be genuine in his statements.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

"As we have stated, we are new to the world, and like a new hatchling, eager to explore this world. We have no knowledge of the disposition of its inhabitants. If you have a suggestion, make it, and a decision will be made."


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:
"As we have stated, we are new to the world, and like a new hatchling, eager to explore this world. We have no knowledge of the disposition of its inhabitants. If you have a suggestion, make it, and a decision will be made."

Well, I if I were you, though, I must admit, I'm rather glad I'm not, I would suggest you seek out one of the local aeon priests, if any are available, and from then attempt to journey to one of the centers of civilization, such as it is, in this benighted age. Perhaps in a center of learning such as Qi you might more readily find the answers you seek, or at least denizens of the Steadfast who will not run in abject fear from your approach."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

"Aeon priest?" Arc looks to his companions, wondering if they recognize the term. He clearly does not.

Kn:Religion?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Arc - Nightmare Dragon wrote:

"Aeon priest?" Arc looks to his companions, wondering if they recognize the term. He clearly does not.

[dice=Kn:Religion?]1d20+2

Arc - Nightmare Dragon: Knowledge (Religion):

He knows nothing of the term.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

It takes the Unfettered Prince a moment but the name does spark his recall and replies to only his companions, not the octopi.

"Ah! The stones of Cle spoke of these Aeon Priests. Members of an Order of Truth, seeking knowledge. One of their rank, Darnet, found the city of Cle. They may well be worth speaking to."

He then addresses the large octopus again, being clear to all sapients present.

"There are many possibilities for us in the long term. Discovering how and why we were brought here from our disparate times and places for one. Ascertaining if the option of returning to these times and places is a viable one. If we can not return, then what wonders there are to behold in this world. Do you have any suggestions towards those ends?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Unfettered Prince wrote:

It takes the Unfettered Prince a moment but the name does spark his recall and replies to only his companions, not the octopi.

"Ah! The stones of Cle spoke of these Aeon Priests. Members of an Order of Truth, seeking knowledge. One of their rank, Darnet, found the city of Cle. They may well be worth speaking to."

He then addresses the large octopus again, being clear to all sapients present.

"There are many possibilities for us in the long term. Discovering how and why we were brought here from our disparate times and places for one. Ascertaining if the option of returning to these times and places is a viable one. If we can not return, then what wonders there are to behold in this world. Do you have any suggestions towards those ends?"

"That is again, an admixture of many grand and weighty asservations, absent the concrete specificities that might more readily guide my many hands... so as they are..."

The octopus gestures with one of his tentacles to the shoreline which swallows the horizon behind him,

"But, in any event, let me expound for your company somewhat on your current environs. Yonder, to the west, lies the vast territory known coloquially as the Steadfast, and more specifically the Kingdom of Navarene."

"The Steadfast is a collection of kingdoms and principalities, comprising of nine different countries. Collectively, the rulers are often called the Nine Rival Kings, or just “The Nine”. These kings, queens, princes, and councils share no love for one another and truthfully have little in common except for a unifying religion."

"This religion, called by its adherents the Order of Truth (and by all else as the Amber Papacy), reveres the past and the knowledge of the ancients as understood by the enigmatic Aeon Priests."

"By decree of the Amber Pope, the Steadfast and the Order of Truth wage war with the lands to the north, believed by many to be enthralled by a secretive and mysterious cult called the Gaeans. Nobles amid The Steadfast are called to the Crusades, making war against the infidels with ever stranger weapons discovered or devised by the priesthood."

"Generally speaking, the Steadfast is more settled and civilized than the Beyond, but it can be just as dangerous. Communities are isolated. Travel on the roads is risky and nearly unthinkable at night — but at least the roads exist."

"The Steadfast includes all the land from the sea to the Black Riage, south of the Tithe River and north of the Sadara. The nine kingdoms of the Steadfast are Navarene, Ghan, Draolis, Thaemor, Malevich, Iscobal, Ancuan, Milave, and the Pytharon Empire".

"Navarene, off whose western coastline we are currently positioned, is the northernmost kingdom of the Steadfast. It borders the Cloudcrystal Skyfields to the north, Thaemor to the southeast, Draolis to the south, the Sea Kingdom of Ghan to the southwest, and the Black Riage to the east."

"Navarene is one of the largest and most prosperous kingdoms in the Steadfast."

"Disliked by all other lands, the people of Navarene are though of as aloof, difficult, and even arrogant. "Wealthy as a Navarene merchant," is a saying in the Steadfast that almost always implied negative connotations."

"The southern part of the kingdom is known for its rich farmland. Simple farmers and herders work for wealthy landowners who in turn pay fealty to a small number of aristocratic families, each of whom answers to the queen, who rules from her capital of Charmonde."

"Her palace is known as the Epiternal House, as at its center is a set of sealed chambers that Queen Armalu never leaves. To come and go, from her court must pass through a series of airlocks and undergo a misting spray that removes any potential contaminants."

"This odd but careful behavior, couple with a variety of strange treatments and procedures, has allowed Armalu to live for 253 years - so far."

"Queen Armalu is known for being both shrewd and ruthless, and her kingdom prospers as a result, for she uses these traits to best her enemies and the foes of her people. As long as her subjects are obedient and efficient, they're treated well and with a fair hand."

"Navarene forms the boundary between the north and the rest of the Steadfast."

"Thus, the northern portion of the kingdom, south of the Tithe River, holds many forts and war-castles that help defend the border from the dangers of the Beyond."

"Now that the Amber Pope has declared war on the mysterious lands to the north of the Cloudcrystal Skyfields, these fortresses are even more important."

"Queen Armalu has petitioned the papacy to require the other eight kingdoms to pay to help maintain the bastions."

"The other rulers balk at funding Navarene's military, feeling that Armalu is as likely to invade them as she is to defend them from the Gaean invaders - should those infidels ever come."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince listens intently, then replies:

"A fine overview of our surroundings. This Order of Truth could be helpful in finding answers to our questions. Do you know of how best to approach them and where this Amber Pope may be found?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince listens intently, then replies:

"A fine overview of our surroundings. This Order of Truth could be helpful in finding answers to our questions. Do you know of how best to approach them and where this Amber Pope may be found?"

"I would suggest locating the resident Aeon Priest of Halfstar, if one is available. The Amber Pope lives far away in a residence within the great metropolis of Qi."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Is there transportation worth the name on land or in the air, that we might reach Qi in a timely fashion? Where is this Qi?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"Is there transportation worth the name on land or in the air, that we might reach Qi in a timely fashion? Where is this Qi?"

"Qi is the biggest known city in the Ninth World and the capital city of Draolis."

"Draolis is a nation in the Steadfast."

"Draolis is the most populated land in the Steadfast and also one of the wealthiest. Its banner depicts six interwoven spheres, but most people refer to it as the Tiger Banner. Centuries ago, Draolis was home to a powerful queen who ruled the land with a firm hand. Her symbol was that of a roaring tiger , and her armies crushed all those around her. When her line died out, power in Draolis was seized by a council of wealthy plutocrats who didn't want another hereditary monarch to take control. The Council of Spheres, as they were called, abolished the tiger symbology, but many people remember the tales from that time and long for that former glory."

"Although the council lacks the flair of the tiger rulers in the past, Draolis hasn't abandoned its ways. The nation still remains a military power, which might be comparable to that of its chief rival, Navarene. In fact, the Order of Truth is the only thing that keeps these two countries from warring out in the open."

"Qi is the largest city in the Steadfast. It's also the site of the Durkhal, home of the Order of Truth and the Amber Pope himself."

"More than half a million people life in Qi, a city of spires and fantastically huge helium or hot air balloons and dirigibles. The common saying "Half of Qi is in the sky" is an exaggeration, but it feels accurate when you're there."

"The Durkhal complex at the heart of Qi is almost a city onto itself - a vast sprawl of libraries, laboratories, warehouses, living quarters, and administrative buildings. At the center of the complex is the holy palace, serving as residence and office of the Amber Pope. More than a thousand people work and live in the Durkhal."

"Qi has many large markets, in particular along the docks. The multilevel central market - well away from the water - is thought to offer one of the most expensive and elite shopping opportunities in the Steadfast. Here, all manner of goods can be bought and sold, with no luxury too exotic or fantastic for one of its shops."

"Many of Qi's central-most sections lie on multiple levels, with decorative bridges and raised walkways connecting the higher levels, and bright glowglobes illuminating the lower so that each level is equally lit and beautiful. Trees and flowering plants grow in well-tended plots and pots even in the most crowded areas of the city, including the sections that are dozens of feet above the ground. Larger parks and walled gardens are common as well. Neighborhoods, particularly in the central city, are often surround by walls to enclose the homes and their communal gardens. This practice can create urban rivalries and is quite unwelcoming to outsiders."

"The people of Qi often travel by fashioned balloons and dirigibles. so there are multiple mooring platforms and high metal mass throughout the city. These aerial vehicles take passengers from place to place around Qi, to various outlying areas, and sometimes to ships moored well out into the harbor. They're rarely used for long-distance travel because - with a few exceptions that employ higher levels of ancient technology - the vehicles aren't capable of long journeys. Besides, most place outside of Qi don't offer the ability to moor or replenish what the airships need."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"The City of Qi sounds like it has much to offer us! If the balloons and dirigibles do not have range, how do outsiders usually reach Qi?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"The City of Qi sounds like it has much to offer us! If the balloons and dirigibles do not have range, how do outsiders usually reach Qi?"

The octopus emits a thoroughly disconcerting sucking sound that could be interpreted as something like an amused chortle,

"By foot, or steed, and determination and sweat, what do you think, wanderer?"


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Or swift flight.", the Unfettered Prince replies, his voice and manner signifying a wide grin before continuing.

"Uveenis, have you heard tales of figures of power suddenly appearing out of nowhere? Or of beings who have sufficient power to arrange such appearances?"


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

"Or swift flight.", the Unfettered Prince replies, his voice and manner signifying a wide grin before continuing.

"Uveenis, have you heard tales of figures of power suddenly appearing out of nowhere? Or of beings who have sufficient power to arrange such appearances?"

"Yes."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Will you elaborate? We would seek the truth of such tales."


The Unfettered Prince wrote:
"Will you elaborate? We would seek the truth of such tales."

"Why should I?"


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"You repeatedly alluded to us lacking precision about our intentions and paths. But on this precise question, you do not seem eager to answer. Why?"


"Because, if you were to live for over a billion years, you too would come to understand that one should never offer as a gift that by which one might obtain some choice recompense."


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

"And what might a being of your wisdom and ability consider choice recompense for such information?"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Still recovering from his bloodlust, the Nightmare Dragon's claws twitch at the cephalopod's flippant answer, though he manages to keep his temper in check as he waits.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Recompense, besides our good will? You clearly have something in mind, given your sudden drought of speech. What is it?"


"I have an interest in the phenomenon which I believe lies behind your mysterious reappearance. If I am correct in my supposition, then this will most certainly be of interest to certain individuals within our civilization. I would wish you to swear a binding oath to allow our scientists future leave to investigate this case."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Leave to investigate? I would have you explain exactly what you mean by that, Uweenis. I won't swear this oath blindly and I doubt my companions would either."

The Unfettered Prince does not turn his head from facing Uweenis but mindspeaks just to his companions for a moment.

"Companions, I trust this one little more than its smaller brethern. But they may have knowledge of worth. We can swear, we can walk away, or we can batter it into speech - with my preference growing towards the latter. What say ye?"


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur replies to the Prince, but allows all but Uweenis to hear. "I am concerned about this "leave to investigate". We already saw how his less peaceful compatriots wish to experiment and investigate, and I will not swear to allow anyone the same latitude with my own person, or that of my companions."

He turns to Uweenis next: "You ask for an oath giving leave for your scientists to investigate this case. To what extent does that investigation extend to our persons? I can point to you the exact spot we fell into this world, if that would be sufficient return for you; but anything further I need more details on."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Arc responds to the Prince, "I will swear no such oath, or any other. Blood is my choice if naught else is available."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

Just to his companions, the Prince replies:

"I am glad that ye feel that way. Then I see two options: we depart to seek answers elsewhere, or we resume battle to seek answers from the defeated or their remains. What say ye?"


"Then, by all means, depart along your way, the horizon of the infinite remainder to the Ninth World lies yonder."


Though it is difficult to tell in the case of such a creature, the octopus who has identified himself as Uweenis appears to regard the group of amnesiacs with a thoroughly non-plussed expression as he waits their reply.

Somewhere close by, the metallic humming begins to play again upon the sea air.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince seems irked.

"Uweenis, you have not answered the questions of myself and my companion about the details of such investigation. I would have you explain *exactly* what you mean by investigation and how such an oath would be done."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

"As my companion has said, you have not given us enough information to make an informed decision. How can you possibly hope for accurate information if we don't know what you are looking for?"

Eirikur is frustrated with this new being's mercurial disposition, and would rather deal with the natives of the cliff side city.

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

Arc just growls his dissent at even entertaining the idea of the oath.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The increasingly impatient Prince says openly:

"With no answers, we have nothing here. With no threats to the coast, we have no reason to fight. We can seek answers elsewhere, so long as the octopi do not resume their 'research' as before. Is this acceptable to all?"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

"Aye, our time here is done." He sends out the thought with a tone of finality.


"Then, as I said before, please feel free to depart along your chosen path, and leave we, the eternal lords of the fathomless depths, to our own chosen devices."

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

With a heave that slightly rocks the ship, Arc launches himself into the air, waiting on his companions before turning to the coast.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince rises smoothly and surely into the air, rising above the octopi vessel.

He does not deem Uweenis worth replying further to.

He mindspeaks to his companions as he rises further and turns towards the settlement they had briefly visited.

"Pieces of information but little more useful than what his lesser brethern let slip. Let us see if the village has more to it than the humble setting our first glance - and the octopi's research efforts - would suggest."


Changeling Reaper/Magister 6 | V: 50 W: 53 / MP: 5/5 | D 17 TAC 17 DR 6/- Resist Fire, NE, Cold, Electricity 10 | INIT +7, F +10 / R +9 / W +8 | P: +12, DV 60', LLV

Eirikur and Dagun step off the side of the ship, Eirikur swings himself onto Daguns back, and they begin walking across the surface of the waves towards the village with the others. I look forward to seeing what the villagers might be able to tell us. And we will be in the area if the "lesser brethren" decide they have not learned their lesson... His last comment trails off with an ominous tone, even in his mindspeech.


The village of Halfstar quickly rises into view on the horizon. The settlement is built on a raised promontory that descends gradually to the sea. The docks of the village are partially screened from the tide by a wooden pallisade.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"If the octopi are arrogant enough to challenge us deliberately, our mercy shall run dry swiftly!", chuckles the Prince.

He aims for a smooth arc that will have him land on the docks without undue stress on the timbers.

"Best not to shatter the native's works - unless they prove as foolish as the octopi!"


The docks tremble slightly under the weight of the Unfettered Prince. Around him, the diminutive dock-workers which they had earlier espied, a strange collection of humans apparently dressed as automatons, scatter with a loud squeak.


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

The Unfettered Prince takes the locals' response with good grace.

We must be incredibly strange to them. Let us see if they calm down. Once one is close enough, I can temporarily impart upon them - and you who wish it - the ability to use a common tongue.


The Unfettered Prince wrote:

The Unfettered Prince takes the locals' response with good grace.

We must be incredibly strange to them. Let us see if they calm down. Once one is close enough, I can temporarily impart upon them - and you who wish it - the ability to use a common tongue.

The dockworkers collectively squeak in a high-pitched, mouse-like ululation as the Unfettered Prince alights on the docks. They appear to be diminutive, hairless abhumans, though they are all outfitted in ponderous metal contraptions that appear to imitate the appearance of robots. Each of their strange outfitting is slightly different, cobbled together from haphazard metal plates, though the overall impression is the same. It is as if each scavenged their metallic clothing from a separate scrap heap, but intended to create a similar type of garment.

Near the Unfettered Prince, one of the workers' thoughts becomes ineligible.

"Ismin! Get Ismin! He'll know what to do! Where is Ismin?"

Dark Archive

Mighty Godling/Eliciter(10) | Vitality: 309 | Wounds: 132/34 | AC: 42 | Touch: 30 | FF: 31 | F: +59 | R: +59 | W: +58 | CMD: 67 | Init: 25 | Per: 48 | Speed: 125' | Fly: 290' | Senses: See in darkness | Immune: | Electricity | Fear | Paralysis | Sleep |

The Dragon touches down near the Prince. "Aye, I would know what they say. Their garb is... unusual. I wonder if it is supposed to be a disguise, or some cultural peculiarity."


Anti-Paladin//Oracle of Nature 6 | VMC Bard | Mythic: Champion // Hierophant 3 | Vigour: 360/360 | Wounds: 121/121 | Def: 32 | FF: 12 | DR: 13/Adamantine or Huge | SR: 17 | Saves: F: +39 | R: +32 | W: +40 | CMB +22 CMD: 52 | Init: +36 | Per: +20 SM: +20 | Speed: 70' | Fly: 140' | Senses: Darkvision 150' MP 8/9 | +6 vs death effects | +2 vs energy drain, negative energy, and necromancy school | +4 vs poison

"Then, a moment. I heard this worker's thoughts. He has urged the others to summon one 'Ismin'. I shall share a common tongue with you all, then on this Ismin when they arrive."

The Unfettered Prince draws upon his well of power, turns to his companions, and lightly touches each to grant the figure knowledge of what the Prince considers to be "common". He then and does the same.

Using Inspired Spell and 1 mythic power to cast Share Comprehend language, giving 1 hour of understanding common to Dragon, Eirikur, and Bizan. If anyone wants to resist, it's a DC 25 will save.

401 to 450 of 741 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Redemption: Tides of Numenera -- Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.