Eberron - Echoes of the Past

Game Master Dennis Harry

Whitehearth

The Rose Quarry

Link to Final Post in Original Thread.

The Excavation Site

My House Rules for Hero Points:

Hero Point Mechanics:

1) One permanent Hero Point may be used to avoid a final death scenario allowing a narrow cinematic escape,

2) One temporary Hero Point may be used if you are between -1 and -9 hit points to stabilize yourself to prevent further blood loss,

3) Temporary Hero Points may be expended to power Feats. These grant a lasting bonus for a one scene or one round duration depending on the feat description,

4) One temporary Hero Point grants a character a chance to supplement their d20 roll by 1d6 and add the result (whatever it was - no re-roll) to the d20 result,

Progression system:
Level 1-10 1d6,
Level 11-20 2d6,
Level 21-?? 3d6. and

5) No more than one Hero Point may be expended per round.

Perception:

Viorr [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+5[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20+9[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+6[/dice]

Initiative:

Viorr [dice]1d20+6[/dice]
Dev [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
EE [dice] 1d20+1[/dice]
Kana [dice]1d20+4[/dice]
Frank [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Zabeth [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Gauntlet [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Pink-Eye [dice] 1d20[/dice]
Meridian [dice] 1d20+8[/dice]


451 to 500 of 822 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:
Kana Cherryblossom wrote:
Yeah that is some critical information. Also we might consider using the "discussion" thread for so many offtopic comments, just saying.

I like the discussion thread too ^_^


Shadow's Status

Update tonight, need to submit a character for a game before I do updates.


Storyteller Shadow wrote:
Update tonight, need to submit a character for a game before I do updates.

It just keeps pulling you back....


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Ohh... which one, which one? xD


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Now...now...

GM Shadow does deserve his alone time you know!

=)

Have fun sir!


Shadow's Status
Electric Eye wrote:
Ohh... which one, which one? xD

A Ravnica PbP by GM Bolas, hopefully it has legs as my submission was based on something I've submitted a few times but never really got to fully explore.

I generally play White/Black in Magic so playing an Orzhov guild member should be great fun!


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:
GM the Dragon Below wrote:
The map changed a bit there...remember not to change area effects once they are laid down, let me do that :-).

I'll let you do that from now on ^^;


Shadow's Status

It just cannot be easy these days it seems. Updates early tomorrow morning, just too tired to effectively update ATM.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

... get well soon? :3


Shadow's Status

I have a working lap top again (finally) however I am a bit beat. I will update this game tomorrow from work when I have a free moment.

Sorry for the delays the last week or so. About to be back on track once more!


Shadow's Status

F#+!ing M&A projects....

Updates tonight.


Shadow's Status

Le sigh, just cant rally. Feeling run down updates likely tomorrow.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

You can do eeeeeeeeet ^^


Shadow's Status

That update took some time!

Still need to get to Meridian but its not her turn again till next round anyway.

And we are off once more.


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Is there a weapon I can grab you fight the undead inside the tent?


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

BTW, I just drew an outline for a 20' radius spread emanating from the second campfire. If I was wrong about the grig needing more than 40' of movement to target that fire (due to flying high enough, for example), please go ahead and make it ash colored instead of transparent (and move the Grig west 30ish feet, lol...), otherwise I'll smoke up the ash cloud on Frank's next turn ^_^

Storyteller Shadow wrote:
...And we are off once more.

Yay and welcome back ^_^


Shadow's Status
Frank E. wrote:

BTW, I just drew an outline for a 20' radius spread emanating from the second campfire. If I was wrong about the grig needing more than 40' of movement to target that fire (due to flying high enough, for example), please go ahead and make it ash colored instead of transparent (and move the Grig west 30ish feet, lol...), otherwise I'll smoke up the ash cloud on Frank's next turn ^_^

Storyteller Shadow wrote:
...And we are off once more.
Yay and welcome back ^_^

I had the ash cloud disperse as it lasts 1 round per level and the Grig is 1 HD.


Shadow's Status
Pink-Eye wrote:
Is there a weapon I can grab you fight the undead inside the tent?

No, pick one up and swing at the other? :-)


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

No green insect? What or who is that north of Gauntlet on the map?
That was in line of sight when i posted^^


Shadow's Status
Kana Cherryblossom wrote:

No green insect? What or who is that north of Gauntlet on the map?

That was in line of sight when i posted^^

That's the Grig that Frank summoned, tis invisible :-)


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Ah nice, totaly fell for it.
Guess the halfling and the dwarf are next then...


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
Frank E. wrote:

BTW, I just drew an outline for a 20' radius spread emanating from the second campfire. If I was wrong about the grig needing more than 40' of movement to target that fire (due to flying high enough, for example), please go ahead and make it ash colored instead of transparent (and move the Grig west 30ish feet, lol...), otherwise I'll smoke up the ash cloud on Frank's next turn ^_^

Storyteller Shadow wrote:
...And we are off once more.
Yay and welcome back ^_^
I had the ash cloud disperse as it lasts 1 round per level and the Grig is 1 HD.

Darn, and here I was hoping the enemy wasted a spell on it or something xD

While CL 9 is rather high for a creature that can be summoned with SMII and I don't mind the ruling, I feel that I must point out that Grigs have CL 9 listed in their stat block for some reason.
Also the SMII+Summon Good Monster grigs don't get Fiddle, for whatever that's worth xD


Shadow's Status
Frank E. wrote:
Storyteller Shadow wrote:
Frank E. wrote:

BTW, I just drew an outline for a 20' radius spread emanating from the second campfire. If I was wrong about the grig needing more than 40' of movement to target that fire (due to flying high enough, for example), please go ahead and make it ash colored instead of transparent (and move the Grig west 30ish feet, lol...), otherwise I'll smoke up the ash cloud on Frank's next turn ^_^

Storyteller Shadow wrote:
...And we are off once more.
Yay and welcome back ^_^
I had the ash cloud disperse as it lasts 1 round per level and the Grig is 1 HD.

Darn, and here I was hoping the enemy wasted a spell on it or something xD

While CL 9 is rather high for a creature that can be summoned with SMII and I don't mind the ruling, I feel that I must point out that Grigs have CL 9 listed in their stat block for some reason.
Also the SMII+Summon Good Monster grigs don't get Fiddle, for whatever that's worth xD

Hmmm. The stat block I found showed CR 1. A CR 9 would be a bit crazy for a CL 3 to summon.


Shadow's Status

Computer working again, will get to this update first thing in the morning prior to going to work.


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

yay and welcome back ^^


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Cool!
=)


male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Gack looks like I may go down fighting... That hp value is a doozy


Shadow's Status
Pink-Eye wrote:
Gack looks like I may go down fighting... That hp value is a doozy

Help is so close by...

:-)


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)
Pink-Eye wrote:
Gack looks like I may go down fighting... That hp value is a doozy

If you can hold out for one more round, I'm going to get you out of the cage.


Shadow's Status

That was a pretty damned great idea :-)

Only change is that I am going to place Frank on the Horse in the rear as he did mount.

Let's see if any of these NPCs survive... after I deal with my daughter who just woke up. Le sigh...


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

niiiice

Are the horses still tied together? xD


HP 19/32, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5 Shift 3/4, Spells- 1st: 5/7, 2nd: 5/5 Active effects: Lowlight vision, See In Darkness, Life Link (Meridian, Zabeth, Frank, Kana)

Yep. That was a separate rope. I didn't use my grappling hook to string the horses together.


Male Human Wilder 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 22; T: 14; FF: 18 | Fort: +3; Ref: +5; Will: +6 | Normal Vision; Init: +3; Perception: +6 | PP: 22/25 | PsiFocus: No; Active Energy: Electricity

Dev mounted a horse too, did I get dropped when you fixed the map, maybe? I'm seeing my time over by Talia


Shadow's Status
Dev Blake wrote:
Dev mounted a horse too, did I get dropped when you fixed the map, maybe? I'm seeing my time over by Talia

I'll put you on the horse in front of Frank, sorry missed that post!


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

@GM: I just had a thought, is it safe to assume that the grig will magically know who isn't on Frank's team? (Frank didn't exactly provide a description of the prisoners to the fey-bug)

For reference,

Summon Monster wrote:
This spell summons an extraplanar creature (typically an outsider, elemental, or magical beast native to another plane). It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions...

I kind of assumed that the summoned creature can know who to attack as part of the magic of the spell, but is that assumption valid?

Especially, can it know who my opponents are even if I'm not sure? xD


Shadow's Status

How many Rounds is that Grig summoned for? He may disappear at the end of Round 3 no?

EDIT: Nevermind, you are a Summoner, forgot :-)


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

for my class feature it's minutes per level ^_^
But if I summon something else (with my class feature) it'll go poof...
And I can't use it while Broulnindre is out xD


Shadow's Status

I think you need to verbally direct it to attack but as it is is utilizing special abilities with area effect not much of an issue. (I have not yet looked IC today...)


Male NG Human (Unchained) Summoner 4 | HP: 35/35 | AC: 16 (12 TAC, 14 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +4 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Hero Points: 2 | Bond Senses(su) 3/4 * SM II(sp) 6/6 * ammo: 42+1/43 (n) & 30/30 (S/CI) | Spells 3/4; 2/2 | Active conditions:

Good point, I have been giving it orders that override its default 'attack my foes' thing.
I guess "help the prisoners" might or might not involve attacking xD


Shadow's Status
Frank E. wrote:

Good point, I have been giving it orders that override its default 'attack my foes' thing.

I guess "help the prisoners" might or might not involve attacking xD

Correct, plus the Grig is intelligent enough to know that it's unlikely that you would be asking it to assist the Dead against the Living... even if the Living is a frightening Red Eyed Minotaur!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Hey I resemble that remark!


Female drow bard (lotus geisha) 3 | hp 31 | AC 19/14/15 | Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +5; +2 vs. enchantments | Immune sleep | Init +4 | Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +8

Grab him by the horns! Or the nose ring^^


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Minotaur Cleric 4 Max hp 39/39, AC 16, ff 14, t 14, F +7, R +2, W +7; perc +12, sense motive +9

Only if you intend on foreplay! Otherwise thems fightin words!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Nobody thinks about upsetting a droid...I mean Warforged!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Shadow's Status

I finally have a place to live. Next six weeks will have further interruptions due to moving and work.

By the end of July this upheaval should be over. Thanks for your patience!


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

Yay! No more living under a bridge! You can remove the "troll" trait XD


Electric Eye wrote:
Yay! No more living under a bridge! You can remove the "troll" trait XD

I think we should wait till after I see the new place before removing any traits..,


Shadow's Status
Selene Spires wrote:
Electric Eye wrote:
Yay! No more living under a bridge! You can remove the "troll" trait XD
I think we should wait till after I see the new place before removing any traits..,

From Troll to Sardine...


Warforged LN Magus (Mindblade) 4 | HP36/36 (DR3/-) | Speed 20ft | AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (CMD 18) | Fort +6 : Ref +4 : Will +5 |Psychic Pool 6pts/Day | Init +2, Perception +5 | Active: None

Houseboat?

=/


CG Warforged Investigator 4 | Status:
Stats:
AC 19 (T 17, FF 16) Mobility| CMB +4/+6, CMD 17 | Init +3 | Speed 30ft | F +3, R +7, W +4 (+2 vs a lot of things) | Immune to Paralysis and Sleep | Perc +11, SM +9
HP 38/38 | Inspiration 6/6 | Healing Oil 1/3

More like Housetin, it seems.

Housetin, Tx :lol

451 to 500 of 822 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Eberron - Secrets of Sharn Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.