Lady Andaisin

Selene Spires's page

2,230 posts. Alias of John Kretzer.


RSS

1 to 50 of 2,230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

Continuing from above ...

For a (MARVEL Era) Conan/Red Sonja themed Pathfinder 1E adventure (one shot or extended one shot), which would work better ...
* - Pre-generated characters?
* - Character creation instructions?

Probably pre-generated characters would work better...but I prefer character creation instructions.
In your vast playing/game mastering experience, what is the male to female ratio you are seeing at your tables?
Unfortunately not good...in all my years of playing I have played with 4 or 5 women gamers...compared to the 100+ guys I have played with. Never had a women GM either...Though I am trying to get into my friend's game.

Alright then, what "in your opinion" would be a good gender balance among pregens? The adventure calls for 4-6, so I plan on 8 characters. I am helped by the fact that the MARVEL Savage Sword of Conan era has a higher tolerance for magic then the REH stories.

You could make the pre gens be either as the players desire...


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Who is your favorite science-fiction author? And what works would you recommend?
Let me think on this one...

Like this?

Actually it is more of a avoidance as when I start listing some of my favorite sci-fi writers I get political backlash...

Like I mention Robert Heinlein...and suddenly I am a facists...because people don't know how to read...and yet I will credit one of his novels as the first steps in realizing I am transgendered...

Anyway...


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

Continuing from above ...

For a (MARVEL Era) Conan/Red Sonja themed Pathfinder 1E adventure (one shot or extended one shot), which would work better ...
* - Pre-generated characters?
* - Character creation instructions?

Probably pre-generated characters would work better...but I prefer character creation instructions.
In your vast playing/game mastering experience, what is the male to female ratio you are seeing at your tables? (Have you encountered a non-binary player?)

Unfortunately not good...in all my years of playing I have played with 4 or 5 women gamers...compared to the 100+ guys I have played with. Never had a women GM either...Though I am trying to get into my friend's game.

I have had 1 trans woman in my game...for one session...and than she moved to Florida. And I have played with one trans man...other than that not that I know of.

This is not counting the play by post games though...


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Have you ever played Vampire the Masquerade?

Yes. I am currently playing in one (Well one set in the past) on play by post on this very sight.

Though I in general find the settings of those games very restrictive.

Nice! And yeah.

What are you playing?

I am playing a Tremere

Please tell us more.

:: Turn On Verbose Mode ::

The game takes place in Venice Italy during the Dark Ages(I think...I always forget dates)...

So I am playing Veronica Acqua a high class courtesan who got turned by a Tremere elder(?) to make use of Veronica's social skills to help her win a election.

Does she continue to mentor you, or have you been pretty much cut loose.

Well since she just lost the election....time will tell.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Have you ever played Vampire the Masquerade?

Yes. I am currently playing in one (Well one set in the past) on play by post on this very sight.

Though I in general find the settings of those games very restrictive.

Nice! And yeah.

What are you playing?

I am playing a Tremere

Please tell us more.

:: Turn On Verbose Mode ::

The game takes place in Venice Italy during the Dark Ages(I think...I always forget dates)...

So I am playing Veronica Acqua a high class courtesan who got turned by a Tremere elder(?) to make use of Veronica's social skills to help her win a election.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Have you ever played Vampire the Masquerade?

Yes. I am currently playing in one (Well one set in the past) on play by post on this very sight.

Though I in general find the settings of those games very restrictive.

Nice! And yeah.

What are you playing?

I am playing a Tremere


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Are ye gaming this weekend?
Hopefully I will be running PF2E at my friend's RPGing club thingee sunday..,
You're still running Pathfinder 2nd Edition? Keep this up and you are going to start liking it more then PF1E.

My friend runs a gaming club type thing...he has a space provided by a friend and he charges people to play. Typically D&D 5th ed OP games(it is something they created themselves) run there on Sundays...he wants to expand the number of people who come so he wants me to run PF2E...

I am still negoationing what I get for it...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Have you ever played Vampire the Masquerade?

Yes. I am currently playing in one (Well one set in the past) on play by post on this very sight.

Though I in general find the settings of those games very restrictive.


John Napier 698 wrote:
Who is your favorite science-fiction author? And what works would you recommend?

Let me think on this one...


Lord Fyre wrote:
Are ye gaming this weekend?

Hopefully I will be running PF2E at my friend's RPGing club thingee sunday..,


Lord Fyre wrote:

Continuing from above ...

For a (MARVEL Era) Conan/Red Sonja themed Pathfinder 1E adventure (one shot or extended one shot), which would work better ...
* - Pre-generated characters?
* - Character creation instructions?

Probably pre-generated characters would work better...but I prefer character creation instructions.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tender Tendrils wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Tender Tendrils wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:


Late night get dressed up in my skirt and stockings...makeup and wig and pretend that I can be that way always...Though this can lead to me feeling down again :)

I don't know if it helps or not, but it is possible to be that way always. I know because I am doing it. I hope it can happen for you too.

In my current situation I can't. My Dad being old fashioned would not understand it and would make my life a living hell if he knew. Since right now I am not in a financial position to live on my own...I am kinda stuck.

Right now there very few places where I feel safe...mostly at friend's places who happen to live at least a hour away.

That was my situation too, until I met some friends who I was able to move out with :). Ever since then, I have been able to be myself 24/7, even at various places of employment. Don't ever give up hope.

I try not too...maybe I will win the lottery.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tender Tendrils wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:


Late night get dressed up in my skirt and stockings...makeup and wig and pretend that I can be that way always...Though this can lead to me feeling down again :)

I don't know if it helps or not, but it is possible to be that way always. I know because I am doing it. I hope it can happen for you too.

In my current situation I can't. My Dad being old fashioned would not understand it and would make my life a living hell if he knew. Since right now I am not in a financial position to live on my own...I am kinda stuck.

Right now there very few places where I feel safe...mostly at friend's places who happen to live at least a hour away.


@Lord Fyre: I am not saying the module handled it well...I will take your word that it is not...just saying it can be.

The thing that caught my attention was the comparative power level of her companions compared to Sonja...though the level difference was not as big of a deal back in those days.. it was not something you can completely ignore either.


Lord Fyre wrote:

Are you familiar with Red Sonja Unconquered? (I have more questions since I know you like the Red Sonja character.)

As I noted in my own review (Carl Flaherty on the linked page), it has problems. Not the least of with is the heavy sexism that Sonja encounters in the adventure - problematic for us, and even "dated" for the time the module was written.)

Do you know of any Paizo adventures that can be adapted for a more Hyborian feel? Third Party Pathinder 1st could also count.

I am unfamiliar with that adventure...

Though having characters deal with sexism...or any of the 'isms'...and overcoming it can be a interesting rping...or as a trait in villains it is okay.

You just can't have it be affirmed.

I can't think of any adventure of the top of my head...


Tender Tendrils wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

Anymore questions for me?

I have been kinda down lately...;(

Me too...

What do you do to pick yourself up and feel better?

For me it's art and friends and the beach and ttrpgs.

I am sorry to hear that...

Listen to Beethoven's 9th

Late night get dressed up in my skirt and stockings...makeup and wig and pretend that I can be that way always...Though this can lead to me feeling down again :)

Ttrpgs...

Books...

Answering questions on forums...


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Anymore questions for me?

What's the Sitch?

Selene Spires wrote:
I have been kinda down lately...;(

Stop eating pillows.

Watching Creepshow on Shudder...


Congrats Dev Blake!!!


Anymore questions for me?

I have been kinda down lately...;(


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I blame Cosmo for breaking my glasses a few days ago.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

So anymore questions for me?

Since it is October and in the Spirit of the holiday...,any questions about horror?

But, we are not allowed to ask Political questions.

Lol


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

Which is better horror genre you feel, body horror or cosmic horror?

Body horror.


John Napier 698 wrote:
How do you feel about the works of H.P. Lovecraft?

I am not a fan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
What kind do you like?

All kinds really.


So anymore questions for me?

Since it is October and in the Spirit of the holiday...,any questions about horror?


Take you time we can wait...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

If you are in the Uskwood with a druid in wildshape that can't figure out how to get out...do you follow the voice that calls after you from some where in the woods?

Um...no. I have a rule...never follow strange voices in woods. It has served me well in my life.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So...anymore questions for me?

Are you a fan of Kim Possible?

If so, how would you build her for gaming?

I never watched the show...

But definitely Rogue with the spy archetype and Master Spy PrC


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
How was your weekend?

It was okay...

My Jets won...

Friday was good...

Sat was relaxing...

But, did you game?

A little bit on Sunday...


Bump...


John Napier 698 wrote:
How was your weekend?

It was okay...

My Jets won...

Friday was good...

Sat was relaxing...


So...anymore questions for me?


Can you cancel my StarFinder Subscriptions please. I just don't have the money right now to keep up with it.

Thank you...


Um...anybody seeing this?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

So if I ran a slightly modified Rise of the Runelords, would it work best if I had each Runelord in at the end of each module or something else entirely?

I don't know if that would work at the CR vs Party Level scale...
Well maybe if I made them all simulacrum maybe?

I would probably start the campaign at 15th level and take it up into Mythic


Tender Tendrils wrote:
Goblins or Kobolds?

They both have their uses...

No holds are great for high numbers and traps...and tactics.

Goblins are great high numbers, and comedy and horror...sometimes at the same time.


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Dear Selene,

So if I ran a slightly modified Rise of the Runelords, would it work best if I had each Runelord in at the end of each module or something else entirely?

I don't know if that would work at the CR vs Party Level scale...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

I could be doing better. :( No RPG currently.

As to my question about AtAT:
When the heroes finish, they will only be 7th level. Hardly the end of their careers.

Aside from the obvious, how would one continue the campaign with these characters?

I will do research tomorrow...
Follow up?

I would go with one of two ideas depending on the group...

1) Would go full blown on the Alzanti Empire...that will be the sole focus of the campaign...deal with enemy agents...perhaps meeting friendly factions from the Empire...dealing with fraction from the Vesk Empire seeking to Ally with Alzanti Empire against the Golarion Systems...maybe throw in a plot with the Swarm...

2) The other would be to do something completely different based on what the Pcs want to do...if they want to explore...go pirate...hire out as mercs....etc. in other words basically what I do in any other campaign I run.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So anymore questions for me?
Just the two that I already did follow up for. :)

Well to answer one of them...stay tuned.

The other I am waiting to be inspired still...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Two Steps from Hell as game music?

I kinda like it...


So anymore questions for me?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It seems alot of the dice are back on stock on the site...at least when I checked last night.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tender Tendrils wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Wow Tender is pretty jaded... I think we need to give him a gift of the season. *hands out a bottle of Glenfiddich*
I'm not actually that jaded, I just have a dark sense of humour, I'm a girl, and I drink alcohol maybe twice a year, and when I do it's generally something very sweet like rekorderlig (though I appreciate the thought).

Dark sense humor...I like you all ready.


Lord Fyre wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
So anymore awesome question for me?
Have you given up on doing a character write up for Mistress Vreva Jhafae?
Follow Up?

I need to find some inspiration...


Lord Fyre wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:
Lord Fyre wrote:

I could be doing better. :( No RPG currently.

As to my question about AtAT:
When the heroes finish, they will only be 7th level. Hardly the end of their careers.

Aside from the obvious, how would one continue the campaign with these characters?

I will do research tomorrow...
Follow up?

Tonight or tomorrow night....


Bump...

If you could charge me for the order this Friday....unless I can just cancel the order?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't generally agree with talking bag...but this once I do...


Though on related subject...

I love giving gifts especially when I have a great idea....

Like for 5 years or more I would get my nieces a gift card to best buy...so 1 year I got two gift cards took the cards out and put a $100 bill in the it's place...

Or more recently I have a friend who is a big Black Panther and a big Minnesota Vikings fan where all of his T-Shirts are one or the other. So paying a artist friend to draw a picture of Black Panther in a Viking uniform and putting it on a T-Shirt.

So anyone have any great gifts stories to tell either given or received?


Tender Tendrils wrote:

The true meaning of Christmas is that it exemplifies all 7 sins

Envy: watching others unwrap presents
Lust: maneuvering so that you meet your crush under the mistletoe
Wrath: getting into an argument with your racist uncle at the family Christmas lunch
Sloth: leaving the piles of wrapping paper for tomorrow, also the fact that most people don't work on Christmas day.
Greed: acquiring presents
Gluttony: devouring a ridiculous amount of food
Pride: the ostentatious decoration, especially exemplified when you send out Christmas cards or hang decorations with photos of yourself on them

Even I an not that cynical. And I used work the morning shift at work on Christmas Day to avoid what I called the 'orgy of greed'.

Though I definitely could use the above as a capstone of my 7 deadly sins adventure series....


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Eh. I'm not a fan of turning what I used to love about my favorite winter holiday (IE Christmas) into one of the seven deadly sins.

Though I am glad to see Valentine's day on this. Labor day less so...

I mean while I understand your position...and I would create plot line by living to the true meaning of the holiday would grant you bonus...

Your questions about holiday themed adventures just spawned the idea...

1 to 50 of 2,230 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>