Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Stalwart

Day 5, Week 2

Starday, 29 Gozran, 4717 AR

Militia Population: 28
Remaining Provision Points: 117
Livestock: 22 animals

maps
Loot list


401 to 450 of 2,545 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"Every time someone tells me they're a city boy they're a master woodsman. That you even know to say that is proof enough. Bed down and talk to me when you're willing to tell the truth. One thing though, these people are under our protection. So whatever truths you're hiding, think about them carefully. Otherwise, welcome to our little patch of hell in a jungle."

Lissa seems supremely unconcerned about Taldan intrigue.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Jie lets Benedict and the others question the man only adding.
"Damn straight, we're going to fight them."


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

If the party is okay with bringing Edran back to the camp, Benedict will show him to a temporary shelter and ask the adepts to watch over him and Aubrin while everyone else is doing their tasks.
Quietly to Rhyna and Aubrin:
"Don't let him leave. Take his boots to be mended, that should deter him; Rhyna, your Sleep spell if he still tries to run. Avoid answering any questions about our strength.
He is hiding something. Maybe he is not who he says he is, or the hobgoblins have some hold over him. Let him rest for now, but Aubrin​, when we get back this afternoon, it would be good if he were...relaxed. In a good mood. Chatty. I have heard that priests of Cayden Cailean can conjure ale and wine as easily as others conjure water. Is that so?"


Rhyna and Aubrin nod, eyeing the newcomer with curiosity and suspicion. "I'll be sure he's received plenty of the Lucky Drunk's blessings," Aubrin nods. She looks tired, and it's clear her wound still pains her, but she seems determined to see Benedict's instructions through.

With Edran dealt with, your next step is to ready yourselves for your recon trip. Which is my next question: are you going to check out Phaendar or head east in search of a better campsite?


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Once Benedict returns, Jie begins to prep Feng for the trip. When questioned about her scouting preference she says. "I really think we need to start by finding these people a better place to stay. And I feel bad about taking them someplace I haven't personally visited. So I think we should head east." With a quick graceful movement she mounts the horse. "When my father got me this job, he warned me to be on the lookout for troglodytes. They've been preying on the rangers in this area, supposedly from a cave. I've never seen a cave around here, but keep an eye, or more importantly a nose out for them."


Okay, sounds like you're heading toward the Rangers' redoubt for the scouting mission. I need each of you to roll Survival or Stealth, whichever you would prefer - it looks like most of you will be Aiding either Jie or Benedict. Jie, Benedict, sort out which of you will be the lead roller.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict will defer to Jie and try to assist.
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
He is of no help.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

With a wave to the rest of the refugees, Jie leads the group into the woods.
Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

Once they're out of sight and sound of the refugees, Lissa takes a moment to stop Benedict.

"Not a word about this to our camp of refugees please. I don't want aubrin thinking I'm pretending to be more than I am, but I can lend you a bit of shelyn's healing for that wound if it's still bothering you."

Use my fey magic CLW on Benedict since he's at 1/11 hp

As he nods, she lays one hand against his side, clutching the glaive tightly.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Survival, Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Sorry Lissa, I forgot to update when Aubrin healed him earlier. So we can retcon that and you still have your spell.


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

I'm sure we'll use it later. NP


Still need rolls from Amkarang and Grum.

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (26) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

As per discussion thread off on national guard duty. Please bot me for next 8-10 days


Grum Bakison wrote:
As per discussion thread off on national guard duty. Please bot me for next 8-10 days

Copy that - I had forgotten. Going to go ahead and roll for Amkarang too, so we can get this show on the road.

Aid from Grum: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Aid from Amkarang: 1d20 ⇒ 7

That's a total of 14 then.

GM Screen:
hour 1: 1d100 ⇒ 45
hour 2: 1d100 ⇒ 40
hour 3: 1d100 ⇒ 55
hour 4: 1d100 ⇒ 69
hour 5: 1d100 ⇒ 88
hour 6: 1d100 ⇒ 6, encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 55
hour 7: 1d100 ⇒ 79
hour 8: 1d100 ⇒ 94

It's full morning, slowly warming up from the dawn chill, when you finally are ready to head out. Aubrin has given you decent directions to the Ranger redoubt, and while that's not exactly your intended destination, you are planning to stick fairly close to that path as you travel. Having a pair of skilled survivalists like Jie and Benedict in your group helps, because the green half-light that reaches you beneath the canopy and the endless sea of trees in every direction would make it quite easy to get lost.

Shortly before noon, and with no good campsite yet located, you reach a portion of the forest that shows signs of old habitation - the trees here and much shorter and younger than those around them, a number of them are apple trees (the Fangwood is mostly conifers), and there is an old chimney marking where a house once stood not far from the apple tree grove.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

It is spring, so there are no apples,
I suppose.

Benedict will stay where he is, not approaching the old house for now, and will look at the ground for any tracks or signs of animals.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Oddly, there are apples, and yes, they are entirely out of season. They look small and hard, better for cooking than eating raw, but there are several bushels full on the trees, enough to potentially be noteworthy as a provisions source.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

"Oh look Feng, apples!" Jie exclaims to her horse, excited about finding one of his favorite treats. She keeps an eye out as she rides under one of the trees and picks a couple of apples, one for her and one for Feng.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Survival for whether this type of apple is good to eat or not: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Perception, DC 20:
There's a wasp nest very close to where Jie is steering Feng, and the wasps are already getting ready to swarm.

Benedict, Jie, you already rolled for this one I'm afraid.


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Amkarang looks about the orchard, trying to find if there are any good apples left.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Remember to roll for Grum.


Lissa Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Grum Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"Jie! Look out!" Lissa calls, just in time - for the wasp nest she was about to guide Feng right underneath is already darkening with the impending swarm.

No surprise round for the wasp swarm.

Initiatives:
Benedict: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Amkarang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Jie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Grum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Lissa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Wasp swarm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Grum looks around, trying to come up with something to do about the swarm, but realizes he is completely ill-equipped for such a thing. Delays until something he can actually accomplish becomes apparent.

The wasps buzz angrily out of their nest and through the orchard, engulfing Jie, Feng, and Benedict all three.

Swarm damage on Jie: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 plus a DC 13 Fort save.
Swarm damage on Feng: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 plus a DC 13 Fort save.
Swarm damage on Benedict: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6 plus a DC 13 Fort save.

If you are swarmed, you need to make a DC 13 Will save or be unable to take standard or full-round actions.

Everyone is up.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Benedict moves 20' out of the swarm towards a stream or something.
Even with all of our alchemist's fires this is a likely TPK. We need some lucky rolls.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Fort Save Jie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Fort Save Feng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Will Save Jie: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Will Save Feng: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Jie gives a yelp of pain and starts wildly flailing at the little beasts, riding away from the rest of the party to draw them away.
Minimum damage on Jie. Yea! Jie takes move action to control Feng, Feng takes a double move away from the wasps
Ride: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
So I don't think we have any area attacks other than alchemists fire. So alchemists fire the nest?


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Remembering that we are botting Grum, can we say he took 1 each of the Alchemist's Fire, CLW, Guidance, pints of oil, and bloodblock?


You did say you were passing them out. That's fine with me. Someone want to roll for him while he's out? (Before anyone asks, yes, Arcane Strike can be applied to splash weapons, adding +1 to the damage and splash damage both, but not to the second-round damage.)


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Arcane Strike is huge, as it means 3 damage on a splash rather than 1. That may make the difference.
If he is close enough to attack, I'll roll for him.
Grum Arcane Strike Alchemist's Fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Aww, boo.
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 So 4 pts to the swarm.
Then he takes a 5' step away from Lissa and Amkarang.


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Fire, good idea grum. All things fear fire."

Suiting actions to words, Lissa pulls a torch from her bag and lights it, then waves it in the direction of the bugs.

Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

She's not very frightening.


Was letting things go over the Con/holiday weekend, but now botting for Amkarang.

Amkarang pulls out his bottle of alchemist's fire and also hurls it toward the wasps. The throw is off, though, only scorching a handful of the hateful insects.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12, damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
The swarm takes 1 splash damage.

The wasp swarm twists and writhes, turning toward Lissa, Amkarang, and Grum instead of its previous targets.

Swarming toward and over Lissa, Amkarang, and Grum.

Swarm damage on Lissa: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10 plus a DC 13 Fort save.
Swarm damage on Amkarang: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 plus a DC 13 Fort save.
Swarm damage on Grum: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 plus a DC 13 Fort save.

As before, if you are swarmed, you need to make a DC 13 Will save or be unable to take standard or full-round actions. You guys are up.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

I had Grum 5' step away from Lissa and Amkarang specifically so that a 10' swarm couldn't hit him and them. If Amkarang also 5' stepped in another direction the swarm could only hit one target.
We may need a map for this, swarms are extremely nasty and positioning is vital to have a chance of surviving.
Let me just add that while our odds of victory are not great, this may take quite a while. We take turns kiting it and trying to do enough damage, chugging our healing potions and throwing incendiaries.
I would be fine if you wanted to hand-wave it and call it (either we run, or we use up all of our potions and oil and alchemist's fire in defeating it).


Swarms are shapeable; they can take any shape of 4 connected squares, so 10 feet apart isn't enough. You need a 25 foot separation to make it impossible for the swarm to hit more than one person. I'll see what I can do about a map, though.


You guys can run at any time, but you have to make the call. The swarm won't follow you.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict says "Run!" and keeps moving away.
Our craft (clothing) commoners can make swarm suits if we want to try again here later.


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Seeing what little effect his alchemists fire has, Amkarang follows Benedict.


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

Lissa also retreats.


Amkarang's Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Lissa's Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Grum's Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Lissa's Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Lissa's Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Lissa takes a total of 2 points of Dex damage from the wasp poison.

Wounded and stung, literally, the group retreats from the orchard and its angry, buzzing defenders.

Would you like to continue with your searching for the day, pause to do some recovery, head back to camp, or some combination of the above?


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie rides back to the retreating group. "Those have got to be the most dangerous wasps I've ever seen." she says as she dismounts and starts to pull stingers out of Feng's flesh, taking care of her horse before turning her attention to herself. "With enough alchemist's fire, I might be able to bomb them until they disperse, but I only have one vial."


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"Given enough time, I might be able to make more alchemists' fire with those supplies we found. Or acid. But we will need a lot, and we'll need protection against their stings. Let's avoid this place for now."
Benedict would like to go back to camp, question Edran, and then get what healing is possible from the adepts' spells and from resting. Saving the potions of CLW unless we run into something on the way back; he'll walk with that potion in his buckler hand.
Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Shakes off the poison.


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

"Setting the woods on fire is probably not the right approach, that was a bad idea all together. We'd do better with smokers. Better still with some kind of poison. Acid would work, I suppose."

She shakes her limbs, still stiff from the stings. Moving her hands along her sides she pulls the occasional dead wasp from between the fine plates of her armor.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
New hp 11/12

"Ugh. Still a lot of daylight left, we should at least mark the area where the wasps are before we head back. It would be a shame if any searching hobgoblins thought this was our campsite. Mark a few trees leading in, will you?"


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

I agree that smoking out the wasps should work, but as far as I know there's nothing in the rules to support that so it depends how much Shisumo likes to go by the book versus improvise.
By the book, swarms are incredibly nasty things that Paizo loves to use. You need area-effect damage or splash weapons to fight them (aside from one feat and one magic item). The alchemists fire was the only option we had. But swarms have decent touch AC, so even splash weapons aren't all that effective. It can be a long, boring fight even in face-to-face. I absolutely hate dealing with these things. And I apologize for the metagaming but that's unfortunately what you have to do given Paizo's love of swarms; you have to know their weakness and everybody has to carry splash weapons all the time or else you die. (They use them in multiple adventures that are really meant to be a PC's first adventure ever - Crypt of the Everflame and The Confirmation - and expect you to have the right means of dealing with them, implying such knowledge is not rare.)
If Benedict takes Craft Wondrous Item at level 3, he can make a Swarmbane Clasp, and give it to somebody who does a lot of damage.
Let's just avoid the place until then and hope we don't run into another swarm. But if we do, Benedict is pulling out the alchemists' fire again. It's the only thing we've got.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie looks over her shoulder at the apples, loath to leave them behind. "We still haven't found a good place to camp." She then surveys the group, seeing the ruin that the wasps have wrought upon them. "Benedict, you're right. We're too hurt to continue, we need Aubrin's healing." Before she leaves she takes Lissa's excellent suggestion and attempts to make it look like there was a temporary camp here.
Survival to make it look like camp: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


It only takes a couple of hours for the group to return to their actual camp. So far, the refugees' spirits seem high enough, with tasks to do that they understand and can link to their survival. Your group's early return at first is taken as a good sign - you've found a campsite already! - but once the truth is made more clear, there is a general sense of disappointment. Aubrin, however, doesn't comment, other than to tell you, "So far, we're holding up. Don't get discouraged yourselves," as she soothes your wounds.

Lesser restoration on Lissa to recover 1d4 ⇒ 2 Dex damage, and then two channels to restore 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 2) = 12 hit points to you all.

GM Screen:
Jie's Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Benedict's Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Jie:
It's going to rain pretty hard later today, you're fairly sure, likely right around sunset. It won't be violent, but it's going to be cold and if you're away from the camp you might need to worry about saves to avoid nonlethal damage.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"Thank you, Aubrin. How is our new arrival?"
Benedict goes over to Edran.
"So, sir, tell us a bit more of your story and how you came to be in Phaendar."


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie thanks Aubrin for the healing and while Benedict questions Edran, she grabs Amakarang and any able bodied refugees she see. "I think its going to rain in a couple of hours and then get cold. Wet and Cold we might deal with separately, but together it's going make for an uncomfortable night. We need to dig a trench that will drain the water from where we're sleeping and shore up our tents." While she works she listens in on Benedict's questions. 'Interesting, Benedict and Lissa don't trust him' she wonders.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Survival check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Edran looks surprised and not entirely pleased by Benedict's renewed interest. "Well, like I told you before, I'm from Taldor, I'm a businessman, but I was just traveling to, ah, Druma, when the attack happened. I thought your little festival was charming, at least until it was interrupted."

Jie's preparations will be suitable to make sure the camp doesn't flood.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict signals to Lissa, Grum, and/or Amkarang to subtly surround the man.
Hopefully Edran is drunk enough to not notice.
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Once they move into place, he speaks.
"Going from Taldor to Druma you pass through Andoran. Not Nirmathas. This is quite a bit out of your way and you'd have to pass through Molthune to get here. I wouldn't say our little festival is worth risking that journey.
So how about you tell us the truth?"

Sovereign Court

Dex Damage (1) Wounds (26) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (0/1)

1d20 ⇒ 13
Please make this into any appropriate test plus modifiers

Grum gets up and tries to subtly move behind the man.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 39/39 | AC 21 (23 vs goblins), T 12, FF 18 CMD 20 | Init +3 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict's Bluff check was to "Send Secret Message" and since he made the DC the recipients automatically understand.
Edran might also notice it if he beats the DC.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Perception for Jie to notice the message and the gathering: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Oblivious to the upcoming social storm, Jie continues to concentrate on preparing for the imminent physical one.


GM Screen:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Edran shakes his head - and in the middle of the movement, catches sight of Grum. "I... what? No, I didn't go straight to Druma, I had other stops to make, so I went to... no, not Molthune, I went to... uh..." He turns to face Grum, then looks back at Benedict. "What is this?"

401 to 450 of 2,545 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Shisumo's Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.