Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Stalwart

Day 5, Week 2

Starday, 29 Gozran, 4717 AR

Militia Population: 28
Remaining Provision Points: 117
Livestock: 22 animals

maps
Loot list


301 to 350 of 2,805 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

The rushing river and the distance should mask the sounds of conversation.
"Thoughts​? I expect more lie in ambush.
We could have one of our gnomes create a distraction with Dancing Lights, appearing as a group of torches, to draw them off in a different direction.
We could have Rhyna try her Sleep spell; any other soldiers watching could just awaken the guard, but it would draw them out.
We could start sniping from here, while they are lit by the torches and we are too far for them to see. Focus fire on the wolf.
Once the battle is joined I would suggest Aubrin turn Grum into a giant.
The smokesticks, tanglefoot bags, and alchemist's fire may also be useful."

Benedict will take the composite longbow, one +1 arrow, and 5 normal arrows. If nobody else wants the buckler, he will take that and offer his heavy wooden shield to Jie. He'll also take one of the alchemist's fire.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

"Thank you, Benedict." Jie says as she takes the wooden shield and secures it to Feng's left side in an easy position for her to reach. She stores her short bow, loads the Heavy Crossbow, leaving it in her right hand. She then gets ready to quickly mount when the time comes. "I think we should open with the sleep first, followed by archery fire to anything left standing. I hate to say it, but the wolf is a valid target."


You guys can start the fight pretty much whenever you're ready to do so - just need to know the plan.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

Was just waiting for anyone else to weigh in. As you've said, debate can be slow.
My thinking is basically as Jie said, with a few additions. Enlarge Person on Grum, Bull's Strength on Lissa or Amkarang, and then Bless. Aubrin is staggered so she can't cast and move, let's have her do her spells before combat starts.
Move to 80'. Sleep from Rhyna, with a gnome moving Dancing Lights to better illuminate the targets if needed, and ranged attacks from all of us. One volley, then moving in so we can cross the bridge before reinforcements get there.
Use the smoke sticks and tanglefoot bags to slow down reinforcements if a large number show up.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (21) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Grum readied his sword. "Give the word and I'm off."


Aubrin and Rhyna spend a couple moments conferring, so they get their timing right, then Aubrin begins chanting. It is indeed a longer process than you might have expected otherwise, but after several longs seconds, Grum slowly expands to twice his size, a giant now crouched next to you. After a moment to catch her breath, she goes on to cast bull's strength on Amkarang, just as Rhyna begins to cast the sleep spell. Finally, Rhyna finishes chanting and Aubri proclaims that the group has Cayden Cailean's blessings. If that's the case, though, you can't really tell by the wolf, which not only does not fall asleep, but suddenly stands and begins to growl into the darkness.

GM Screen:
wolf's Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Initiatives:
Grum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Benedict: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Jie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Lissa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Amkarang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Kergri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Kur: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Initiative Order:
Lissa and Jie, then
Ironfang heavy, then
Amkarang, Grum, and Benedict, and then
The wolf.

Lissa and Jie, you're up.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

I'm not sure how much cover the bridge gives the wolf and hobgoblin
While Grum expands, Jie quaffs one of the potions of guidance. When the wolf growls, with a silent prayer of apology to the spirits of the wolves she lets fly with a masterwork crossbow bolt, relying on the potion to guide its flight.
Attack on Wolf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
It appears that the Spirits of the Wolves have answered :)


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Lissa's shot falls short, and she drops the bow, reading her glaive.

"Go Grum"


As the arrow and crossbow bolt fly toward her out of the shadows, the lone warrior on the bridge raises a whistle to her lips and blows it in a short pattern - it echoes shrilly through the darkness. From the south, toward the center of town and the dark onyx tower that now rises there into the night, the same pattern can be heard repeated back.

T minus 10.

That done, she aims her crossbow in the general direction of where the projectiles came from, releases the chain around the wolf's great neck, and begins shouting in Goblin.

GM Screen:
Recruit #1 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 10 = 3
Recruit #2 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 10 = 1

Amkarang, Grum, Benedict.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (21) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Grum, even though large, runs behind the trees and up to the bridge. He had his sword out, and while he had his back to the great stone arch, he was ready to run around the corner to the engage the enemy.

40ft movement...that's my turn. Now that I'm large though, does that mean I occupy more squares and could thus have moved further?


You do occupy a 10 x 10 space, but enlarge person does not increase your speed.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (21) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Ok...I updated the map to be where I think I should be. If I'm wrong, please just move me backwards accordingly.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

"Healers, stay with Grum! Archers, ready!"
I know the NPCs can't shoot until next round, but maybe they can go at the top of the round before we are in melee?
Benedict looses an arrow at the wolf, drops the bow for a follower to grab, and moves forward 20' drawing his sword.
Composite Longbow, Bless: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie, unhappy with her shot, stores the crossbow on Feng as she vaults into the saddle.
Ride to Quick Mount: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
and gets her shortbow out. She keeps Feng with the civilians, and directs the archers to begin firing.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Still waiting an action for Amkarang.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

What is our botting protocol?


Amkarang moves into position, ready to receive the charge of the wolf as well. It obliges, but it does not run at him - instead, the massive canine snarls and leaps for the oversized figure of Grum. The half-orc's reflexes are too quick, however, and Grum's gigantic falchion slices between the wolf's open jaws, ending its threat once and for all.

Grum's AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19, damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14

Lissa and Jie. If you wish to order the archers to fire, you need a Diplomacy or Intimidate check, DC 17, as a free action; if you succeed, go ahead and roll one attack at a total of +3 for 1d8/x3 damage. As a free action, you can take it anywhere in your turn.


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Amkarang readies himself to intercept the hobgoblin brute, getting his meteor hammer in position to trip her.

I'll ready an action to trip the hobgoblin if she comes within reach. Sorry for not being particularly active recently, I've been prepping for an important exam which I've just taken, so my schedule should calm down.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie orders tells the citizens. "Fire and advance at the hobgoblin, you need to get over the bridge. Kining and I are going to try to take out the bridge." She extends a hand to help Kining onto the back of Feng.

If Kining accepts:
With Kining mounted behind her, they quickly make their way across to the scaffolding holding the bridge up.

If Kining refuses:
In disgust, Jie takes the ingredients and notes from her and heads down to the scaffolding on Feng

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Ride if Feng attacked:
Ride: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Kining growls, "I hate horses," but accepts Jie's hand up. In just a few moments' space, she's awkwardly dismounting, heading toward the crane and scaffolding with determination. On the south side of the bridge, the archers raise their bows uncertainly, and one, Mershan, aims to cover Jie.

No attack, but Aid Another for +2 AC to Jie.


Lissa still to go.


Lissa and her glaive make their way up to stand next to Grum.

The hob warrior on the bridge keeps shouting, even as she levels her crossbow at Grum and looses a bolt. The shot is too fast, though, and goes far wide of him.

Crossbow shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

GM Screen:
Recruit #1 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 10 = -1
Recruit #2 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 10 = 6

T minus 9.

You guys.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

"For Phaendar! FIRE!"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
One of the archers looses a shot at the hobgoblin.
Longbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Although it falls short, Benedict cheers the archer nonetheless as he moves to join his comrades.
They are taking a role in their own survival, not just depending on us. Good.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie rides along Kining, providing protection. "Just to be on the safe side, let me have your keys." she asks the dwarf. "I'll unlock the crane, in case we need to use it."
Not sure how much time all this will take. While Kining works on the Stump Remover, Jie will work on geting the crane into position to take down the scaffolding if the Remover doesn't work.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (21) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Grum rushes forward. Already intimidating, now that he was twice his normal size the half-orc looked like he was on a whole different level of potential violence.

Hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (2, 4) + 11 = 17


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

Grum is also under the Bless spell for another +1, and when Amkarang takes his turn he has Bull's Strength and Bless.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (21) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Thanks!


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

Also, looks like Grum would have had to charge to attack this round, since his move is 20'. Another +2 to hit but -2 AC.


Grum's roaring charge lands heavily, and the Ironfang warrior staggers under the blow but does not fall. Kining quickly tosses the keys to Jie before going back to her work.

Amkarang and Lissa.

GM Screen:
Kergri 10/27hp


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

Glaive: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Lissa moves forward, and jabs her glaive in a surprisingly fast strike at the hob's side, sinking it home.

"Across the bridge everyone. We need to move. Drag the body with us!"

Diplomacy?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15


Lissa cuts the hob warrior down with her glaive, then begins waving the refugees out of cover and across the bridge. Slowly at first, and then more quickly, the civilians step forward and start to cross the bridge.

By and large they are about at the bridge's south end at the end of this round.

Amkarang still has an action if he wants it.


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Amkarang bellows at the refugees, "Come on!" He runs over to Lissa to help drag the body.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

"Well struck!"
Benedict will move near the scaffolding with Jie and Kining. If Jie can aid Kining, Benedict will ask whichever follower has the smokesticks to bring him one. He will watch for reinforcements. Should any appear in longbow range, he will toss the smokestick to block view of Kining and Jie (so between the bridge and the town, probably).
Can't have our sabotage interrupted by enemy archers.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (21) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Grum, while everyone else is being productive, will bend down to inspect the Breastplate of the fallen foe. After admiring it for a moment he will tear the trophy off to replace his inferior armor.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

Since Jie is working on the crane as the backup option, Benedict will Aid Another on Kining's attempt at setting the Stump Remover. He read Kining's and Oreld's notes, and has a +2 Int, so that should be a +9, auto-succeeding on Aid Another.
"You're in charge here, Kining. Tell me which tasks you want me on."


Benedict moves over to Aid Kining, while Grum loots the bodies and Jie works to unlock the crane. The well-made lock clicks cleanly open, leaving the crane to swing freely. Kining gives it a wary look. "Do not swing that thing at me!" she shouts at Jie. The refugees begin to pour across the bridge.

GM Screen:
Recruit #1 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 10 = 4
Recruit #2 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 10 = -7

T minus 8. Lissa and Amkarange can take actions if they have anything specific they'd like to do. At the end of this round, the refugees are about two-thirds of the way across the bridge.


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

Lissa moves towards the edge of the forest, looking for a clear path of escape.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"This way."


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Amkarang stays on the bridge with the refugees, helping the slower ones to pick up the pace.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie readies the crane for use but does not swing it. "Wouldn't think of it, Kining." she says with a smile. Despite her chipper manner she keeps a wary eye out for any more of the invading army.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


The forest beyond the bridge looks clear to Lissa's eye.

GM Screen:
Recruit #1 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 10 = 5
Recruit #2 Perception to wake up: 1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 10 = -6

A single Ironfang arrow comes winging its way out of the darkness to the south. Although it misses the enlarged half-orc, you all know it is just a harbinger of what is coming.

Longbow attack on Grum, with range penalty: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 2 = 10, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

T minus 7. You can all take any actions you like. At the end of this round, the refugees will have crossed the bridge and be making for the distant line of trees that marks the edge of the Fangwood.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

Benedict keeps working on the Stump Remover with Kining.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

The arrow attack catches Jie a little by surprise. They must be closer than we thought. she thinks as she scans the darkness for whomever shot the arrow.
Perception with low light vision: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Init +2 | HP 13/21 | AC: 21, T12, FF19 | Fort: +5 Ref: +2 Will: +2 (+2 vs death, +1 vs fear) | Perception +6 (LLV) Human Fighter 2 Melee: [dice=Glaive]1d20+3[/dice] [dice]1d10+4[/dice] Ranged: [dice=Sling]1d20+4[/dice] [dice]1d4+3[/dice]

Lissa continues to lead the refugees towards the forest, her eyes open for any trouble ahead of them.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

She has Low Light Vision

"Hurry as you can, it's not going to get any better back there, ideally, Jie will have some luck making it noticably worse for the hobs. We'll need to be well into the fangwood if we're to find safety tonight."

Sovereign Court

Wounds (21) HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Grum moves as quickly as he can away from the arrow and towards relative safety. Being such a large, and slow, target with hobgoblin archers about was not something he was pleased with.


I'll assume Amkarang continues to shepherd people off the bridge.

Kining on the Know: Engineering roll: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 + 5 + 2 = 28

Kining looks up at Benedict and Jie. "It's done. We've got thirty seconds."

To the north, Lissa continues to see no signs of danger, but to the south, Jie spots pockets of hobgoblins starting to assemble near the tower, facing north. They are only visible thanks to the fires around the Green - the dark terrain between the Greensedge and the southern edge of the bridge might conceal any number of dangers...

which makes it all the more a relief when the bulk of the refugees hustle themselves off the bridge and beginning running for the safety of the forest.

Two more arrows wing in from the south.

Longbow attack on Jie, with range penalty: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Longbow attack on Benedict, with range penalty: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19, damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

T minus 6.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 19/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 0/1

"Jie, take Kining, I'll cover you."
Benedict throws his smokestick so it forms a 10' cube of smoke outside the doors of the small building. That should mostly block line of sight from the town, so he, Kining, and Jie can retreat across the north edge of the bridge without getting shot too much. He also takes a single move.
He's hoping this lures the Ironfangs to stop shooting and just advance... They don't know about the Stump Remover.


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

Jie offers a hand to help Kining onto Feng. "Come on Kining, let's get out of here." she says. Once Kinig is safely on the back of the horse, she quickly moves across the bridge, thankful for the smoke cover. When she gets to the other side, she lets Kining dismount. She then looks back towards the bridge, making sure that Bendict is following.


Moved some people on the map, in accordance with their stated actions. We're not out of rounds yet, folks...


Female Human Roughrider 3/ VMC (Druid) | HP 28 /28| AC 15/13T/12FF | CMD 16/13FF | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +0 | Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1

I like the chit for Feng :)
Jie continues to carry Kining over to the other side. Once there, she stops to make sure that Benedict has made it across. If not, then she'll go get him. If he has she will get ready to shoot any hobgoblins that show before the bridge 'hopefully' explodes.


Suddenly, out of the darkness and smoke to the south, an Ironfang legionnaire appears, although one dressed rather differently than her fellows: she wears only a simple halter over her breasts and plain breeches. An armband identifies her as belonging to the Ironfang legion and bears some symbol of rank, but beyond that she just carries a sack and some pouches tied to her simple rope belt. Her visible skin is covered in thick, painful looking scarring, but she smiles broadly as she sees Benedict still standing near the bridge's southern edge.

"You have fought well to reach this place!" she shouts in thickly-accented Common. "You are honored now to die at the hands of Unbroken Vortiga!"

Initiatives:
Grum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Benedict: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Jie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Lissa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Amkarang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Unbroken Vortiga: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Initiative order:
Benedict, Amkarang, and Grum, then
Unbroken Vortiga, then
Jie and Lissa.

Benedict, Amkarang, and Grum, you can take actions now. T minus 5.

301 to 350 of 2,805 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Shisumo's Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.