The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,863 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Why would an assassin have a holy symbol of Sarenrae?” Iovo asks in a very puzzled voice. “Isn’t she supposed to be a good deity?

Bret suspects he knows the answer, but I don’t think Iovo would.

She lets the others know what else was on the assassin. She grabs the light items except the yucky looking vial of the sticky black substance which she sets aside. Looks icky and might be poison! They were an assassin after all!

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Son of a...rgggh!" Shieara exclaims, spinning around and slamming her fist against the nearby wall when Garif declares Metella to be dead.

This isn't right! We tried really hard to save her!

"Yeah, she is. Whoever this is, they ain't no true follower. Prolly a part of a disguise or somethin'," she continues slowly, trying to calm her temper. "But who'd wanna kill a merchant?"

Shieara quickly pulls out a length of rope from her pack and gets to work binding the assassin, her expression grim. "Hope you're feelin' chatty when you wake up," she mutters. "Is anyone else too terribly hurt? I can call a little more holy power today but that's 'bout it 'fore I need to start burnin' my other magics," Shieara adds, glancing over her shoulder.
________

Shie will activate/help activate healing wands for folks; feel free to roll the charges yourself if you like. Since this is her first outing she doesn't have a wand of her own yet.

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

There are tears in Damiar’s eyes as she sinks near the body. “You never knew that we honored you. I never got back to tell you that we’d do your sneezing powder trick, or to talk in the dwarven that I learned because I met you.”

Eyes still blurry, she hands Shiera her wand. “Please, heal yourself! Save your spells, and use the wand that I bought.”

Damiar wipes her face on her sleeve, then peers at the assassin, and then at the Sarenrae symbol. “Wait a minute.” She frowns, thinking of the odd service they had just witnessed.

Does the assassin have the same overall build as that priest that Damiar noticed? The one who didn’t know what she was doing?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

In a fit of uncharacteristic anger as he confirms Metella is dead, Garif gnashes his teeth fiercely, making a sound like stones grinding against each other in some unimaginably deep place beneath the earth. The fit passes quickly enough, and as Damiar kneels down, the dwarf lays a kindly hand on his elf friend's shoulder. "She didn't need to know that for it to be an honor," he says consolingly. With just a hint of sorrowful smile, he adds, "Though I'm sure she'd have liked to hear of - or see - the sneezing powder trick, and to hear you speak our tongue."

Staying by the fallen dwarf's side a few moments longer when Damiar rises, he speaks quietly in Dwarven, then repeats his words in Taldan, "You were no more a warrior than I, Metella, yet you fell in battle like the greatest of our kind. We shall find who was behind this and see justice done, and do our best to ensure that the rich vein of trade you worked does not fail, but continues to yield glittering golden ore for years to come."

He reaches a thick-fingered hand into the weathered pouch at his belt and draws out a blood red crystal, his beloved rhodochrosite, and studies it for a long moment. He holds it to his head and his heart, then lays it in the hollow of Metella's throat without a word. Finally, he gets to his feet and turns to his companions, saying, "I am ill-suited to hunting assassins and their puppet-masters, and to taking bloody revenge, but we must do something to right this wrong. Where to next?"

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates
Damiar Apastron wrote:
Does the assassin have the same overall build as that priest that Damiar noticed? The one who didn’t know what she was doing?

No. You can remove the assassin's mask, at this point, revealing a middle-aged kelishite man that you don't recognize.

Examining the assassin's belongings more closely reveals the coins in his pocket to have been minted in Druma.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

So, off to check on the rest of the house? Or staying here to interrogate the assassin?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

DC 18 Knowledge (religion):
Variations in assassin's holy symbol imply an association with the Cult of the Dawnflower.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Phinellippa bows her head out of respect for Metella.

Liberty's Edge

HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
Skills:
Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

"Um...thanks, I owe ya one," Shieara replies to Damiar, shuffling her feet a bit awkwardly as she accepts the loaned wand.

CLW (Self; Damiar's Wand): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

After returning the wand, she stands away at a respectful distance while some of the others offer prayers and last words; she'd never had any personal dealings with the dwarf like the others had and so it didn't seem right to intrude. She glances idly at the holy symbol they'd found on the assassin...

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

...but it just looks like a regular Sarenite holy symbol to her.

"Ah...much as I'd love t' hear what this fella has t' say for himself, we'd better make sure th' rest of the guests an' all are okay first," Shieara finally suggests, glancing anxiously towards the hallway.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The sounds of battle outside have died down as Aaqir al’Hakam runs into the room, flanked by two guards. Temel and Jakti follow closely behind, their weapons drawn. The whole party comes to a halt as they take in the scene in the room. ”Metella, is she…?” al’Hakam begins, then trails off when he sees your faces. Temel stares at Metella for a moment, then shakes his head. ”A pity.” Jakti says nothing as he and Temel turn and walk away.

After a moment, Aaqir seems to gather himself. ”Please, much has happened this evening I do not understand, but there is still work to be done. Temel was also attacked, though he and Jakti were fortunately able to drive away the other assassin. We’ve destroyed the undead, and were able to determine that they came from the East. That way lies the graveyard, where Umut went to prepare. It’s only a ten minute walk, but she’s yet to return. Please, go and make sure she’s alright.”

Will you go and find Umut as Aaqir requests? Anything you want to do first?

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Nodding, Iovo says "Although we failed to protect Metella, perhaps this" She gently nudges the body of the captured assassin with her foot "can answer some questions."

Kicking a down opponent will not bring Metella back.

"Perhaps someone else should do the questioning while we try to find Umut."

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

“Agreed. This,” Damiar notes the assassin with distaste, “was merely the despicable hireling. Let’s make sure Umut is safe, and by the time we come back, others can tell us who was behind those attacks.”

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

"Certainly, we will interrogate this murderer while you go check on Umut."

-----

The graveyard used by the Bahjari family is one they share with several other wealthy families in Katheer. Small crypts and mausoleums containing the matriarchs and patriarchs dot the fenced-in burial ground, and freestanding gravestones mark where less influential family members are interred.

Many graves have been disturbed, and the doors of several mausoleums hang open. To the south lies the Bahjari family mausoleum. A woman clad in black robes lies prone near its door. She stirs as you approach and sits up, at which point you recognize her as Umut. ”Oh, you’re alive! Thank goodness, I thought you were more of those vile creatures!” She grunts with exertion as she stands, revealing torn clothing and bruises on her person. ”One of the gifts released some sort of wave of energy, animating the dead around me when I arrived! I was able to fend off the ones inside the mausoleum, sealing them inside, but was not so fortunate against the undead out here. Frankly, I’m lucky just to be alive! Please, will you help me destroy the ones inside?”

Perception DC 23:
Some of Umuts injuries seem to be faked.

Grand Lodge

Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Oh course, Umut! Do you require any healing? Do you know the nature of the undead inside?

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

*Ungh* "Just some skeletons, I think"

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Did you see which gift did that?

Grand Lodge

M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

Perception (vs human): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29

Rees narrows his eyes at the downed cleric, then walks closer and leans over her, his face a scant foot from the worst of her wounds. With an intense frown, he reaches out his left thumb and wipes a nice clean line through one of her "wounds", leaving healthy skin beneath.

"You lie," he states flatly, standing erect and staring at her with intense emerald eyes.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

The shock on her face is apparent at Rees' bold statement. Seeing the elf's resolve, it quickly dissolves into anger as she jumps to her feet and draws a dagger as she backs toward the door. "Fine! Destroy them, minions!"

GM Screen:

Initiative:
Iovo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damiar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Nico: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Shieara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Verrix: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Umut: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Purple: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

-----

Initiative:

  • Damiar
  • Rees
  • Umut
  • Shieara
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Iovo
  • Phinellippa
  • Verrix

    Damiar and Rees may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees quickly unslings his bow and fires an arrow at the traitor, but his anger makes the shot go wide!

    Pew (favored enemy, PBS): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar moves to the side, raising her bow, then inspires courage.

    ♫ It's been a hard day's night, and we've been working way too long
    It's been a hard day's night, but something’s creeping and it’s wrong!
    But when we get here to you we find the lies that you do
    Will make us want to fight

    You know we work all day to get alliances and things
    And we run here just to hear you lie as you’ve done about everything
    So why on earth should we moan, cos when we get you alone
    We’ll blow you away

    When we’re here everything leads to this fight
    When we’re here locking you in our sights, sights, yeah

    It's been a hard day's night, and we've been working way too long
    It's been a hard day's night, we should be all bursting into song,
    But when we get here to you we find the lies that you do
    Will make us want to fight — Owwww!

    So why on earth should we moan, cos when we get you alone
    We’ll blow you away

    When we’re here everything leads to this fight
    When we’re here locking you in our sights, sights, yeah ♫

    Damiar looks down her arrow at Umut, face angry.

    ♫ It's been a hard day's night, and now our friend Metella’s dead and gone
    It's been a hard day's night, Umut won’t see another dawn
    But when we get here to you we find the things that you do
    Will make us want to fight
    You know we’ll make this alright
    Yeah, time to make this alright ♫

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    "Ha, fool! Umut's been dead for weeks! She was no match for the power of the Pallid Princess!"

    Umut throws open the door, then clutches at a holy symbol cunningly concealed in her cloak, emitting a wave of negative energy that washes over all of you!

    channel negative: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 DC 13 Will save for half.

    Darkvision:
    You can see some bony figures coming up a flight of stone stairs within the mausoleum.

    -----

    Initiative Round 1/2:

  • Damiar
  • Rees
  • ?
  • Umut Shirin
  • Shieara
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Iovo
  • Phinellippa
  • Verrix

    Whole party may act.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Will: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

    "Ouch!"

    "The Pallid who?"

    Iovo arcs out and back in so as to approach the fake from one side, unsheathing her rapier as she goes. She then waits for someone to distract her victim.

    Move, draw weapon as I move, ready to attack once achieve flanking!

    Readied attack:

    Attack w/MW Rapier, inspire courage, flank: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 7 That could have been much better...
    Rapier damage, inspire courage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
    Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

    Rees steps back and draws again, this time trying to quench his anger long enough to aim properly — but the foul betrayer's evil magic distracts him instead.

    Pew (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 13
    Damage?: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

    “You murder, deceive, lie... I guess it’s no surprise that you’re channeling negative energy. Still, chances are good that this will still hurt you.” She aims an arrow right at false Umut.

    Longbow+I.C.: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
    Damage+IC: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10

    Knowledge Religion “Pallid Princess”: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    “It appears our deceiver is a cleric of Urgathoa... Remind me NOT to check her room later. I’ve heard about what they do with good banquet food. They’re not just evil, sis, but they’re icky too.”

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Will, DC 13 : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    A little startled by the sudden change in the tone of the conversation, Garif nonetheless draws both sling and wand, gesturing with the latter at the deceitful priest and saying, ”Nico, attack!“ He pauses a moment, then points again with the wand, saying, ”Oh, look! There are some bony figures coming up the stairs from the mausoleum!“

    Move actions to draw along and wand of magic stone .


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Even before Garif points, Nico can sense there’s something odd about this person covered in...something. At the dwarf’s word, the great cat springs forward and attacks!

    Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    Will (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    "Augh! You're not gettin' away with this," Shieara hisses through gritted teeth as she steps forward and attempts to skewer the false priestess.

    Attack vs. Shirin (Longspear; IC): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Phinellippa winces at the wave of negative energy. She raises a tiny hand to respond.

    magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Fear starts to creep into her eyes as blows land from Damiar, Nico, and Phinellippa. You can hear the clatter of bony feet on stone steps as something approaches from within.

    Verrix may act (and Iovo if her readied action is triggered).


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Forgot the Will save for Nico.

    Will : 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


    I am the tool of the GM

    Click. Whirr.

    BOTTING VERRIX

    “Murder, lies, and undead? Deceiver this ends now!” Verrix flanks with Iovo.

    Two Handed War Hammer + IC+Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 17
    Damage+IC: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Thanks, beat me to it.

    Verrix steps into a flank and strikes down the priest with a deft blow before she can unleash another wave of dark energy! Cleric down.

    GM screen:
    stablilize DC 13: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

    Suddenly, skeletons come pouring out of the open crypt door! They provoke AoOs from Verrix, Iovo, and Nico in the following order: Blue, Purple, Green.

    What are those things (Blue, Purple, Green)? Knowledge (religion) DC 5:
    These are skeletons. Hit them with blunt things.

    What is that thing (Red)? Knowledge (religion) DC 10:
    This is a Bloody Skeleton. Hit it with blunt things, but if you don't also hit it with positive energy, holy water, or in the area of a bless or consecrate spell, then it will be back in an hour.

    -----

    If blue survives AoOs: The blue skeleton rushes forward and attacks Rees.

    Blue broken scimitar vs. Rees: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
    damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    -----

    If purple survives AoOs: The purple skeleton rushes forward just enough to attack Verrix.

    Purple broken scimitar vs. Verrix: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
    damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    -----

    If green survives AoOs: The green skeleton turns once outside and attacks Nico.

    Purple broken scimitar vs. Nico: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
    damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

    -----

    The red skeleton drips with blood as it emerges from the mausoleum. It stops just outside the doorway and swings a broken scimitar at Iovo.

    Red broken scimitar vs. Iovo: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
    damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

    ------------

    Initiative:

  • Damiar
  • Rees
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Green
  • Red
  • Umut Shirin Down.
  • Shieara
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Iovo
  • Phinellippa
  • Verrix

    Whole party may act. Iovo, Verrix, and Nico may make AoOs (please indicate who you're attacking).

  • Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    Kn. Religion (DC 5): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
    Kn. Religion (DC 10): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

    "Oi! Skellingtons don't hold up too well 'gainst a good blunt object," Shieara calls out. "But that big one, it'll get up again in about an hour if we don't give it th' business with some holy water, positive energy or a blessing!"

    Hoping to put themselves at an advantage quickly, Shieara raises her holy symbol and channels one last burst of positive energy against the skeleton hordes. "Lucky Drunk, put these old bones back t' bed where they belong!"

    Channel Energy (DC 11): 1d6 ⇒ 1

    "Uh...or not, I guess..." she gulps, taking a step back from the nearest skeleton.

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Will Save vs. Earlier Channel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
    DC10 Know (Religion) Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

    Verrix takes his AoO against the first skeleton trying to get by him (blue).

    2-handed warhammer +IC+flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

    However, in his eagerness to destroy the undead, he swings a little early, and the skeleton is able to duck under his blow.

    He growls as the undead stream past him. He swings his warhammer at the bloody skeleton between him and Iovo. "This abomination needs holy water or positive energy to stay down once we smash it!" he says before swinging.

    2-handed warmmaer +IC+flank: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
    damage+IC: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Dark Archive

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Untrained Kn: Religion vs DC 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
    Untrained Kn: Religion vs. Dc 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

    Great, Skeletons and I have a rapier out...

    Iovo expects Verrix to just take out the first one so she swings at the second one to come out. Purple

    Attack w/MW Rapier, inspire courage, Flank: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 6
    Rapier damage, inspire courage, Sneak: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4) = 8

    She goes for the heart, forgetting they don’t have one.

    She then drops the rapier and gets out her Light Mace to attack the one still between herself and Verrix. Red
    Attack w/Silver Light Mace, inspire courage, Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 9
    Silver Light Mace damage, inspire courage, Sneak: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5) = 8

    Stand still so I can hit you!


    *BZZZT* "Botting for Weeeesssleeey Nico."

    AoO Bite vs. Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa pulls out her wand and aims at the purple skeleton.

    "Do you think there are more in there?"

    pew!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Nico destroys the blue skeleton as it rushes out the door, crushing its bones in his mighty jaws! Verrix and Iovo miss their opportunistic attacks, but Verrix follows with a second mighty swing that scatters the bloody bones of the red skeleton. When Shieara unleashes a burst of positive energy, the red bones pop and crackle, the blood drying and flaking off, in addition to damaging the other two. Iovo wings her mace, but is unable to connect. Phinellippa unleashes three bolts of force that cause the purple skeleton to fall to pieces.

    Damiar, Rees, Garif, and Nico may act. I'll both Garif and NIco once everyone else has acted, if Khel hasn't posted by then.

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    “Great. Skeletons. And I’m wielding a bow.”

    Damiar drops her bow, moves forward and casts CLW on the skeleton with her wand.

    CLW Wand Whack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    “Can someone else kill this thing now that we’ve hit it with positive energy?” Damiar calls.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees frowns at the enemies' discourtesy, but politely puts up his bow and pulls a cudgel from his belt. Two move actions.


    *BZZZZT* "Botting for NIco!"

    Nico lays into the bony figure before him, but is unable to connect.

    Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
    Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


    *BZZZZT* "Botting for Garif."

    Garif activates his wand of magic stone, then loads his sling.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Burned by the holy energy from Damiar's wand, the skeleton mindlessly swings its rusty scimitar at her.

    attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
    damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Damiar
  • Rees
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Green
  • Red
  • Umut Shirin Down.
  • Shieara
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Iovo
  • Phinellippa
  • Verrix

    Whole party may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees steps forward and swings his cudgel, his muscles contracting as he propels the chunk of wood through the air toward the skeleton's skull!

    Boop (inspire): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Damage?: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

    Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Great. Skeletons. An' I'm...ehhh, never mind..." Shieara can't help but comment with a wry chuckle as she steps forward and tries to gouge some pieces out of the remaining skeleton with her longspear.

    Attack (Longspear; IC): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Rees is unable to connect, but Shieara uses the opportunity to lay into the foul being with her spear. The point slides between the creature's ribs and out the back side, but a quick jerk on the haft scatters the bones around the area! Skeletons down and out of combat! The bloody skeleton (red) got hit with some positive energy, so no danger of it reforming.

    Examining the felled false priestess, you find that she seems to have stabilized as you fought the skeletons. Searching her pockets, you find the following:

  • potion of cure light wounds
  • potion of darkvision
  • scrolls of animate dead (2)
  • mwk chainmail
  • mwk dagger
  • silver unholy symbol of Pharasma
  • silver unholy symbol of Urgathoa
  • silver dust worth 25 gp
  • spell component pouch
  • symptom kit

    Inside the mausoleum, the walls are lined with the interred bodies of many generations of the Bahjari family, tracing back all the way to era of the first Qadiran satraps. A wicked-looking scythe is leaned against the wall, just inside the door.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Is the symptom kit full?

    Iovo quickly retrieves her rapier from where she dropped it.

    Looking down at the Priestess's body, she notes "She was talkative, bragging of her goddess. I wonder if she has anything more to say?"

    She then looks into the mausoleum. "Glad nothing used that scythe against us!"

    I have not gone in yet, just at the door doing that perception thing!

    That perception thing:
    Perception: 10 + 7 = 17 +1 to detect traps
    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 +1 to detect traps Feeling the dice love here!
    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 +1 to detect traps

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    Iovo Apastron wrote:

    Is the symptom kit full?

    It's been used once.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Looking into the mausoleum, Iovo finds no traps, and no further undead. The stairs lead down to a larger crypt area which contains more interred Bahjari's. Nothing else seems to stir or be out of place, even upon careful inspection.

    Ready to head back? Want to wake up Umut Shirin first, or wait until you get back?

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees glares down at the woman coldly, as if daring her to wake up. Throwing a quick glance around the room at his companions, he wonders aloud, "Will you turn her over to the authorities, or will you—we—question her here?"

    1,601 to 1,650 of 2,863 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.