The Moar Core Tour

Game Master BretI

A Core PFS campaign that will go from level 1 through level 12, completing all of Season 5 in the process.
Start of The Blakros Matrimony


1,551 to 1,600 of 2,861 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

Verrix takes a double take as a small body makes a resounding thumb against the door. He nods appreciatively, trying to hit the door himself at a spot weakened by Phinellippa.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Dark Archive

F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

Iovo tries to help with barricade, but really isn’t effective.

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Silver Crusade

M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

Garif attempts to help Verrix, but only succeeds in getting in the way. Nico, who knows better, curls up on the floor, chin on his front paws, not especially interested in whether the large man with hard, shiny skin gets the door open or not.

Str: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
Wand charges:
CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

While all this battering is going on, Damiar grabs some of her sister’s tools and works on loosening the hinges.

Can thieves tools borrowed from your twin aid in this?

She also supervises her teammates. “Bang there. That’s the weak point.”

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

I have no problem with borrowing tools, as long as only one of you is using them at a time.

Damiar loosens the hinges while Phinellippa pushes in a key spot to get separation from the frame. When Verrix comes crashing through, the entire door falls forward into the room.

Before you stands Metella, pulling a dart with a green, oily sheen out of her bloody shoulder. "Help, he's trying to kill me!" Standing before the window is a man covered head to toe in black cloth, clearly the author of the dart. Just as you arrive, two zombies come crashing through another window!

Initiative:

Iovo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damiar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Phinellippa: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Rees: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Garif: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Nico: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Shieara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Verrix: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Metella: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Assassin: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Green zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Blue zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

-----

Initiative:

  • Shieara
  • Metella Wounded.
  • Assassin
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Damiar
  • Phinellipa
  • Green Zombie
  • Blue Zombie

    Shieara may act.

  • Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Hey, pick on someone your own size," Shieara snarls as she races towards the assassin and attempts to strike at him with her longspear, hoping to either bring him down or, at the very least, get his attention.

    Attack vs. Assassin (Longspear): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    "The door, get to the door!" she calls to Metella, knowing the rest of her companions are right behind her.
    ________

    I think Shie should be able to target the assassin from where she's at thanks to reach, but if not, let me know!

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Yeah, you can definitely target the assassin there.

    Metella runs toward you, taking a defensive posture as she goes (total defense). Glancing out the door and seeing the zombies in the hallway, she begins looking around the room for a hiding spot instead.

    The assassin steps back, draws a potion, and upon drinking it turns invisible!

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Shieara
  • Metella
  • Assassin
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Damiar
  • Phinellippa
  • Green Zombie
  • Blue Zombie

    Iovo, Rees, Verrix, Garif, Nico, Damiar, and Phinellippa may act.

  • Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa moves in, drawing her trusty wand. Where did that assassin go?! I might as well target the ones I can see for now.

    magic missile vs green: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Iovo runs into the room and picks up the flower pot! As she does this, she calls out “Garif, see if your cat can find the assassin for us!

    Spoiler:
    Hopefully there is plenty of dirt in the flowerpot!

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    DM Dennis - just to be clear, the zombies in the hallway that scared Metella are not ones we are actually fighting now, right? I presume they're notional zombies from the chase scene, using the power of story to keep Metella in the room.

    Garif pulls his sling from his belt and loads it, while taking a step out of the room. When he's done, he gestures to the spot where the assassin was last seen and says, "Nico, attack!"


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico bounds forward, all his senses alert for his prey! He bites at the spot where the smell of a person is strongest!

    Move action to get into room, scent will let him pinpoint the target square if he's within 5 feet.

    Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    Miss chance, 1-50 is good: 1d100 ⇒ 34

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates
    Garif Stonetoe wrote:
    DM Dennis - just to be clear, the zombies in the hallway that scared Metella are not ones we are actually fighting now, right? I presume they're notional zombies from the chase scene, using the power of story to keep Metella in the room.

    That's correct. Her tactics specifically state that she takes the total defense action and looks for shelter within the room, because of the threat of zombies outside the room. I added that bit of hallway to the map to have room for all 8 of you to exist, but Metella won't leave the room during combat.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Nico's scent tells him that the assassin is still in the same square he was in when he drank the potion (marked with a dotted square on the map).


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6
    GM Dennis wrote:
    Nico's scent tells him that the assassin is still in the same square he was in when he drank the potion (marked with a dotted square on the map).

    I assume his sense of taste tells him he missed with his bite, though, eh?

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    || Spell Templates
    Nico. wrote:
    I assume his sense of taste tells him he missed with his bite, though, eh?

    I had just assumed Nico was on a diet. Nothing's more low-calorie than air, right? (Yes, he missed).

    Grand Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    I think they say celery is a negative-calorie comestible.

    Rees strides into the room, raising his bow and firing at a threatening-looking zombievase in the corner!

    Pew at Green (PBS): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7

    Dark Archive

    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Damiar watches with amusement as Iovo picks up the flower pot.

    ♫ If you're havin' trouble with bad ass undead
    Don’t know what to do
    Invisible assassins want you dead
    Call the Pathfinder crew
    You’re not alone
    We’re in the zone
    Call us any time
    Just sing
    This is Metella’s lucky day
    We’re just in time

    Dirty deeds, done to creeps
    Dirty deeds, done to creeps
    Dirty deeds, done to creeps
    Dirty deeds and they're done to creeps
    Dirty deeds and they're done to creeps ♫

    Inspire Courage +1

    Silver Crusade

    Male Human Paladin 2 | HP 23/23 | Fort +5, Ref +1, Will +3 | AC 16, Touch 11, Flat 15 | Init +1 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +0

    Verrix moves forward, warhammer in hand, in an attempt to block the assassin from being able to move free.

    (Double move up next to Nico.)

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Lol, you just ninja'd my bot post. Good timing.

    The zombies mindlessly charge the nearest creatures.

    Blue partial charge vs. Metella: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

    Blue partial charge vs. Shieara: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    One zombie charges forward and smashes into Shieara, while the other attacks Metella, clubbing her to the ground!

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Shieara
  • Metella Unconscious
  • Assassin
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Damiar
  • Phinellippa
  • Green Zombie
  • Blue Zombie

    Shieara may act.

  • Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    No time to try and be a hero - play it safe, Shie!

    "St-stupid things don't play..." Shieara gasps, falling back a step next to Metella and Iovo as she grips her holy symbol and conjures a wave of energy to heal herself and the prone merchant.

    Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Metella's eyes open at the healing energy. Stunned by the sudden development and the painful blow, she focuses only on defending herself as she stands.

    Green AoO vs. Metella: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

    Nico:
    Nico's olfactory senses tell him that the assassin is no longer within 10ft. He seemed to disappear toward the bottom of the map.

    GM Screen:
    Stealth: 1d20 + 8 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 20 = 34

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Shieara
  • Metella Wounded, total defense.
  • Assassin Invisible.
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Damiar
  • Phinellippa
  • Green Zombie
  • Blue Zombie

    Iovo, Rees, Verrix, Garif, Nico, Damiar, and Phinellippa may act. I will bot Phinellippa once everyone else has acted, if she has not been able to post by then while traveling.

  • Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Iovo runs forward with the flower pot right past Nico into the spot the assassin might try to flee through.

    Intentionally provoking from the invisible assassin

    No AoO taken:
    She then starts dumping dirt out where Nico had attacked!

    Takes AoO:
    She then smashes the pot on the fellows foot!
    Attack, song, Improvised weapon: 1d20 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 - 4 = 4
    Damage?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    Attack with improvised weapon, then drop weapon so there is dirt all around

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    Still inspiring courage, Damiar runs forward to try to get the Zombie’s attention away from Metella.

    Rapier, defensively, inspire courage: 1d20 + 2 - 41 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 41 = -29

    “Metella! I’ll cover! You withdraw to safety!”


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico sniffs the air around him, trying to find where his prey has moved, before bounding onto the furniture and across the room, avoiding the reach of the weird dead/not-dead creatures.

    Move action to get to other half of room, another move action to sniff out location of assassin. I drew a line to indicate his path of movement, in case he smells him along the way.

    Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif, quite confident he'll simply brain one of his friends, or knock Metella out again, opts not to use his sling quite yet. Instead, he reaches into his belt pouch and draws out a wand, somewhat short and thick, with one end split like a Y. He taps his sling with the wand, then looks for an appropriate target.

    Two move actions to draw wand of magic stone and use it.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    I believe that Damiar’s attack roll would be -4 rather than -41, so a total of 8.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Iovo runs to the place Nico attacked earlier, expecting an attack that never comes, and dumps dirt harmlessly onto the floor. Nico prowls forward, stopping suddenly and growling at the square in front of him. Damiar continues inspiring and attacks ineffectually while defending herself.

    I marked the square that Nico is growling at. Rees, Verrix, and Phinellippa may act.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa uses her wand against green.

    magic missile!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


    **BZZZT**Botting for Rees:

    Rees steps into position and fires at the square indicated by Nico, but is unable to connect.

    longbow, pbs, favored: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 13
    damage, pbs, favored: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8
    invisible - high hits: 1d100 ⇒ 26

    -------

    **BZZZT**Botting for Verrix:

    Verrix swings at the adjacent zombie with his warhammer, but misses.

    warhammer, 2-handed, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10
    damage, PA: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    The blue zombie mindlessly assaults the nearest creature, in this case Verrix.

    blue vs. Verrix: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    The green one, meanwhile, has a choice of targets.
    1->Damiar, 2->Metella: 1d2 ⇒ 2

    It swings at Metella, but is unable to connect.

    blue vs. Metella: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Shieara
  • Metella
  • Assassin
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Damiar
  • Phinellippa
  • Green Zombie
  • Blue Zombie

    Shieara may act.

  • Liberty's Edge

    HP: 24/24 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 16 l F +5, R +2, W +5 l Agile Feet (5/5), Channel Energy (4/4), Strength Surge (5/5), L1: 4/4, L2: 3/3 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +3
    Skills:
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +5, Heal +6, Kn. Planes +4, Kn. Religion +6, Sense Motive +8
    Female CG Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 3 l Active Conditions:

    "Alright, time t' get physical," Shieara scowls, bringing her longspear around as she attempts to skewer the Green zombie.

    Attack vs. Green (IC): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
    Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Shieara pierces the undead menace, her spear sinking deep into its rotting flesh, though it seems to have less effect than she might like.

    Metella, meanwhile, retreats from the zombies and the growling cat, defending herself as best she can (move and total defense).

    The assassin's scent retreats from Nico, but before the cat can react, the man appears beside Metella! His scimitar flashes as he cuts her down with one cruel stroke.

    scimitar vs. flat-footed Metella: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Uh oh...
    damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 4

    confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Oh no!
    damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

    -----

    Initiative:

  • Shieara
  • Metella Down.
  • Assassin
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Damiar
  • Phinellippa
  • Green Zombie
  • Blue Zombie

    Iovo, Rees, Verrix, Garif, Nico, Damiar, and Phinellippa may act.

  • Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    "Oh no!" Garif exclaims when Metella falls. "I hope he hasn't killed her!"

    He slips his wand back into his pouch, then concentrates a moment and extends a hand in Metella's direction, trying to stanch her wounds, if she still lives.

    Move action to put away wand, standard to cast stabilize on Metella.


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Dennis - I'm not sure where the assassin appeared, so I moved Nico to a square I thought might work. If he needs to be somewhere else to attack based on where the assassin is, please move him.

    Seeing his prey reappear at last, Nico continues his lap around the room, bounding behind Rees and Damiar and biting at the assassin!

    Move action to get into melee (going wide to avoid the zombies), standard to bite.

    Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Is the assassin visible now?

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Yes, sorry. Placed him on there.

    Grand Lodge

    M Elven Ranger 3 [ HP 28/28 (0 NL) | AC 16 Tch 13 FF 13 | Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +3 | CMD 17 | Init +5 | Perc +9*, low-light vision | Effects: none ]

    Rees steps forward and fires another arrow, this time straight at the assassin!

    Pew? (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 23
    Damage (favored enemy, PBS, inspire): 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Iovo drops the flower pot as she sees Metella cut down.

    Running to flank with Nico, she draws a sap as she moves. She then smacks the assassin in the head with it.
    Sap, IC, Flank: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 23
    NL Damage, IC, sneak: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2) = 6

    Dark Archive

    820-7 | Female CG Elvish Bard 4 (CORE) | HP 30/30 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD 18 | F +3 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs Enchantments) | Init +6 | Per +9, SM +9 | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 0/2 | Active Conditions: None
    Wand charges:
    CLW 41/50, Burning Hands CL 3rd 4/4, Identify 47/50

    “Metella!” Damiar cartwheels away from the zombie to stand over Metella’s fallen body.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Cold Iron Rapier+IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

    “Take that, you unspeakable coward!’ She slices at it, hair falling in her face. “You’ll not slay this fine dwarf, not if I have anything to say about it.”

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Damiar, that was attacking the assassin, yes? You described cartwheeling away from the zombie, but didn't move on the map. I've mvoed you next to Metella/the assassin.

    Damiar deftly maneuvers away from the zombie, slashing into the assassin who falls to the ground, unconscious!

    Verrix and Phinellippa may act.

    Grand Lodge

    Female TN Gnome Illusionist 3 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 17 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: 0, CMD: 12 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 (+2 vs illusions) | Init: +7 | Perc: +5, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Blinding Ray: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: mage armor.

    Phinellippa continues to focus on the green zombie, unable to do much about Metella.

    magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Phinellippa's missile knocks the unholy life from the green zombie, dropping it. I'll bot Verrix later this morning if he hasn't posted.


    Sorry, morning got away from me.

    *BZZZT* Botting for Verrix:

    Verrix tries to neutralize the final zombie.

    warhammer, 2-handed, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 22
    damage, PA: 1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Verrix steps up and smashes the zombie, landing a mighty blow. The creature's unnatural resistance keeps it upright, however.

    The zombie returns the attack, trying to maul Verrix with its rotting fist.

    slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
    damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

    ------

    Initiative:

  • Shieara
  • Metella Down.
  • Assassin Down.
  • Iovo
  • Rees
  • Verrix
  • Garif
  • Nico
  • Damiar
  • Phinellippa
  • Green Zombie Down.
  • Blue Zombie

    Whole party may act.

  • Silver Crusade

    M Dwarf Druid 3 | HP 25 | AC 17 | T 12 | FF 15 | CMD 14 (18 vs bull rush, trip) | Fort +5 | Ref +4 | Will +7 +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init +2 | Perc +10

    Garif sends a magically enhanced stone flying at the last zombie's head! He then steps toward the fallen Metella to see if she still breathes.

    Standard to attack with sling, five-foot step to get next to Metella, then maybe a move action to just see if she's still alive?

    Sling attack, magic stone, inspired, in melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 15
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

    Heal check, if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


    M Panther 3 | HP 16 | AC 19 (23 w/ mage armor | T 14 | FF 15 | CMD 18 (22 vs trip, overrun) | Fort +4 | Ref +7 | Will +3 | Init +4 | Perc +6

    Nico bounds toward the last foe and bites at the stinky zombie!

    Bite, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
    Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    Garif's stone connects with the zombie, knocking it back a step and leaving it wide open for Nico's bite, which destroys the foul creature. Out of combat.

    As the dust settles Garif quickly crouches down to check Metella, hoping to find signs of life. He finds none. You fought bravely to save her, but the assassin struck truly. Metella is dead.

    Dark Archive

    F Elven Rogue 2 / Wizard 2 | HP 31/31 | AC 13 Tch 13 FF 10 | F +3 R +7 W +4; +2 vs Enchantments | 19/20 ci arrows | Magic Sticks: 24/50 CLW 38/50 Mage Armor 49/50 Magic Missle | Diviner’s Fortune 7/7 | Init +8 Perception +9; +1 vs traps | Reroll 1/1 | Conditions: Ready!

    Her dying it a real bummer! I was hoping the famous dwarven constitution would save her.

    Iovo is shocked and angry with herself that Metella died while she was trying to protect her. There must have been something I could have done to prevent that!

    "We need to tie that" pointing to the assassin's unconscious body "up so we can question it later!"

    She then quickly rifles through the assassin's belongings to see what equipment they may have had.

    Perception to search: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Wow! I guess she really was in a hurry! What a sloppy job.

    While hurriedly searching, she says "We need to hurry and check on the other guests."

    Ready to go once the assassin is bound and everyone is healed. Iovo doesn't consider herself good enough at tying people up. If others delay too long, bot another search check or two.

    Grand Lodge

    || Spell Templates

    I know, it looked like you were going to be ok when Shieara channeled to heal her, but such is the way of low-level play. One untimely crit can outright kill someone. Unfortunately, the assassin got lucky. Still. Surely an important merchant like Metella has pre-paid a raise dead.

    On the assassin, you find a potion, a smokestick, a tanglefoot bag, a masterwork scimitar, two darts, an antitoxin, two vials of a sticky black substance, caltrops, a grappling hook, fifty feet of silk rope, 51gp, a silver holy sybmol of Sarenrae, and a dried sunflower.

    1,551 to 1,600 of 2,861 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Moar Core Tour All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.